[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
I legitimately love Doom 3 with all my heart. At its core, it is an action game where you run a train on demons, but there are times where it almost feels like a horror game (it's not), but damn do I ever love it.
>>
It's grey and brown and everything is too slow and the enemies spawn in numbers too small and no weapons sounds good and shotgun sucks and DLC sucks and hunting for codes is boring and highest difficulty is a waste and flashlight was retarded and it feels like everything was sacrificed for the lighting and three dee and you are retarded frogposter and you should fuck off and play better games
>>
It's a really good game. I played it and the expansion on Xbox and had a great time. I haven't replayed it since, but have been thinking about it. I guess I did beat a different expansion when BFG edition came out...
>>
>>8232731
I unironically prefer Doom 3 BFG on PC with Nvidia 3D glasses. It's pretty keen.
>>
>>8232731
based game enjoyer
>>
>>8232772
dumb zoomer trying to fit in
>>8232731
Doom 3 is absolutely fantastic. Had a lot of fun with it
>>
the combat is okay. not exactly deep but i have more fun with it than most FPS of that era
what i hate though is wandering around using computers and playing with doom guy's blackberry. the pacing is glacial, even after you've killed a bunch of demons. i get the horror movie slow build up but you're supposed to have a climax afterwards, not more build up.
>>
I can appreciate what it was going for, and it looks and sounds great but the game suffers a lot from ‘get locked in room and kill enemy before moving on to the same thing’. It’s almost exhausting at times. That being said the hell segment is great (too short though) and it’s great to soak in all the detail they put into everything
>>
It's the only Doom game I enjoy anymore because it's more akin to System Shock than Doom but with fancy graphics.
>>
Fuck off, retarded frog poster.
>>
>>8232731
It's a flawed game, but I do love it.
>>
>>8232731
>I legitimately love Doom 3 with all my heart. At its core, it is an action game where you run a train on demons, but there are times where it almost feels like a horror game (it's not), but damn do I ever love it.

BFG: Action game
Original Doom 3: Horror game

BFG edition turns up the brightness and adds a flash light mod to make the game feel more like a run and gun. But the original Doom 3 had very dark environments, and the game made you use the flashlight for a lot of sections. Making it more horror themed.
>>
>>8232772
>It's grey and brown
It has more color than Doom 1 and 2 lol
>>
>>8232731
Doom 3 has always been good and I was a day one enjoyer.
Never play BFG edition, Dhewm3 sourceport is the way to go.
>>
>>8233518
Original Doom 3 is hardly a horror as you strafe jump through it's corridors, like you would in Quake.
>>
>>8232731
to me most of it (other than the amazing hell levels) was incredibly mediocre,but i haven't played through the DLC,and to be fair,most of the game isn't really meant to feel the same/similar to the classic games.
>>
>>8234046
>Original Doom 3 is hardly a horror as you strafe jump through it's corridors, like you would in Quake.

Quake didn't leave you in nearly pitch black environments, and make the player swap between a flashlight and whatever weapon the player has equipped. Doom 3 also has monster closets, and jump scare moments. Quake has a lot more platforming (it added a jump button, something that Doom 1 and 2 didn't have), and more general waves of enemies. Quake II is quite a bit different from Quake 1.
>>
>>8233518
>Doom 3
>Horror
It never really was.
>>
>>8232772
FPBP
>>
>>8233096
>more akin to System Shock
System Shock 2... I can see that actually.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.