[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: r6.jpg (37 KB, 341x447)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
For me? It's old school Rainbow Six
>>
File: r1.webm (3 MB, 1280x720)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>
>>8231176
Roger that
>>
File: r2.webm (2.59 MB, 1280x720)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>
>>8231179
>>8231245
These games have leaning? I might check them out.
Too bad the AI looks like absolute horseshit
>>
>>8231318
You've never played an R6 game before? I guess it is really true what they say about this board
>>
>>8231402
What? You're showcasing webms of yourself epicly owning static AI. What does who say about this board?
>>
>>8231176
Ubisoft ruined this franchise.
>>
>>8231176
https://www.moddb.com/mods/rainbow-six-black-ops-20
>>
I remember seeing the ps1 version reviewed magazines as a kid. They basically took a dump on it.
>>
Yeah classic R6 is fun.
>>
>>8231508
Yeah because its a completely different, shittier game.
>>
>>8231472
Thanks for this, didnt know it was updated.

I got stuck on the nuke level the last time. Great game that aged quite well, a few oddball missions aside.
>>
>>8231176
I played this a few years ago and managed to beat it and the expansion but the AI was fucking nuts, basically would react in less than 0.1 seconds. Is it because I was playing it on a modern CPU or was that how the game behaved on retro hardware too?

also are there any AI mods for rainbow six 1 and rogue spear? I know raven shield has some but I prefer the missions in the older games
>>
>>8232498
thats how game behaves on elite, play on middle difficulty instead for a more sane experience

also a lot of the classic maps were ported to raven shield
>>
>>8232504
I played on the easiest IIRC
>>
>>8232504
also, this

>>8231472
>>
>>8232513
very nice
>>
>>8231176
R6 was fun, but it had like half a dozen long guns and three pistols. Rogue Spear was better with weapon selection, but honestly I enjoyed Raven Shield the most. There were first person weapon models for one, and multiplayer was great fun.

I got Black Ops from here, it's a proper installer and not an ISO;
https://mega.nz/file/fMtijAaZ#UBkwjCr64L2gGNA4DycTg81i4GmWFj_RiOClO0VEXmQ
>>
ravenshield is my favorite because how you can open the doors with the mouse wheel and hold ctrl and move the mouse to lean
>>
>>8232554
>There were first person weapon models for one
careful, you'll summon...him.
>>
I was surprised by the recycled maps in the Raven Shield campaign. Pretty lazy, can't even make 15 maps. R6 1 and Rogue Spear shit on this.
>>
>>8231420
>he never played
Better shut up quick before you make an even bigger idiot of yourself.
>>
>>8231318
>>8231420
Do zoomers really?
>>
>>8231176
I found out about the R6 series when back when Rogue Spear first came out so I ended up skipping over the original R6. A couple weeks ago I went back and played through the entire game on Recruit difficulty. It was way better than I expected.

Then I tried playing through on Elite difficulty and found it to be damn near fucking impossible. The enemy AI will fucking headshot your ass in a fraction of a second. Even when you are sneaking around the corner with perfect sight lines (the strafing moves too fast even while "shuffling"), sometimes enemies will kill your ass while you can barely see their elbow around the corner.

Sure, maybe I just suck. But... on Youtube there are some play throughs on Elite, but they seem to be edited together or just single levels. This makes me think that maybe it isn't possible to play through the entire game on Elite without losing operators and your success on any particular level depends on whether or not the RNG gods decide to smile down upon you.

That's my biggest gripe with the R6 series: the enemies feel like they are the elite, highly-trained special forces rather than you and your team. It seems like the devs relied way too heavily on instantaneous reaction times and perfect accuracy of enemies in order to increase difficulty. It feels cheap and unrealistic.

Still, the original R6 is an excellent game and well worth playing even today.
>>
>>8231420
Not only does he post his shitty webms in R6 threds, he plays like a fucking n00b. It's been a while since I played Raven Shield, but in earlier R6 games, the AI will murder your ass if you give them as much time as he does. The way he plays, he wouldn't make it through the first level of R6 on anything other than Recruit difficulty. Anyway, you can ignore this dumbass, he obsesses over Raven Shield and due to his low IQ, he always resorts to just insulting anyone he doesn't agree with.
>>
File: rvs.png (368 KB, 640x480)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>8232676
you mean when you go back to the same map but it's night? I think the devs just thought they could do that because of the newer lighting system of the engine and they wanted to showcase how the same map can look different depending on time of day. Pretty moot point though since Raven shield includes almost all the previous R6 maps. It's basically just a remaster of the previous games.

>>8232554
>I enjoyed Raven Shield the most. There were first person weapon models for one

Ravenshield is the pinnacle of the series for sure, that's what those webms are of, a very special anon from the last thread didnt know you could turn them off, many lulz were had.
>>
>>8232554
>Rogue Spear was better with weapon selection
The problem with the original R6 is not so much the limited weapon selection, but the limited reasons to use anything other than the MP5SD.

> careful, you'll summon...him.
I'm already here bitch!
>>
>>8233386
Hey, there he is, lol
>>
File: 1628090249661.jpg (35 KB, 640x640)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>8233386
The worst part is that every game thread has one autist that spams their own webms claiming to be the best player. Castlevania thread? You got one. Kingdom Hearts? Another. Even Blood threads get fucked by one of those faggots like these. Fuck speedtrannies and fuck niggers.
>>
>>8233398
It's okay, I won't ask you to justify why weapon models are so important to have on the screen. I'm over it as I'm satisfied that nobody has any good arguments other than "it looks cool."
>>
>>8231176
I think Rogue Spear was the high water mark for the franchise. Perfect mix of difficulty, realism, fidelity of graphics and sound, and personally I like the locations and scenarios more than in the original R6.
>>
>>8232498
There was one mission in particular set in a theme park, where on the hardest difficulty there is a tango who is scripted to walk down a hallway looking for a stray hostage and when he finds him, executes him. You have to know this before hand and immediately rush to his location to save him or fail the mission within 10 seconds of starting. Absolutely autistic design.
>>
File: r44.webm (1.35 MB, 1280x720)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB WEBM
>>8233410
Why don't you just admit you've literally never played Ravenshield before, and that you literally confused it with vegas/lockdown/whatever is the newest one?

you got called out several times in the last thread, and if it's this easy to trigger you than there will many more R6 threads in the future, lol

>It's been a while since I played Raven Shield
by 'a while' you really mean never.
>>
>>8233391
>Raven shield includes almost all the previous R6 maps
is that a mod? my game doesn't have that, just the campaign maps and six multiplayer maps.
>>
>>8231179
God, those lean adjustments are a godsend, too fuckin' bad ghost recon didn't have those, would've come in real handy so you aren't just micro-adjusting like an asshole just to lean and get lit up because you adjusted too far. Not to shit on GR, that game is amazing.
>>
>>8233438
>Why don't you just admit you've literally never played Ravenshield before
Because I have. Not as much as earlier games. It's a good game, infinitely better than the shit that came out afterward, but I prefer Rogue Spear.

> you got called out several times in the last thread
By "called out" what you really mean is just you incorrectly stating that I have not played Raven Shield over and over. After I referenced the fact that weapon models were added to Raven Shield, you assumed that I didn't know that they could be disabled in the options--even though I made very clear that my point was that weapon models being in the game at all is what signified the decline of the franchise. Sorry if that's too many big words for you, btw.

Look man, I get that Raven Shield is your favorite game. You like it so much that you recorded little videos of you playing very shittily and went through the trouble of converting them to webm just so you could post them here and gain clout on an anonymous message board. But, as hard as it is for you to believe, not *everyone* considers it to be the best game in the franchise. It seems like your cognitively limited brain cannot comprehend that simple fact, which is why you assume that anyone who doesn't agree with you hasn't played it.
>>
>>8233420
Don't forget the soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4b59tnwUw&list=PLDA69842E0036B4E7
>>
>>8231179
>No weapon model or animations
Only thing preventing me from caring enough to play.
>>
>>8233440
>is that a mod?
Athena sword + Iron wraith expansions add in all the maps
>>
File: 1234.webm (2 MB, 1280x720)
2 MB
2 MB WEBM
>>8233459
>I have not played Raven Shield

we know. you made it obvious in the last thread when you said this was impossible and flipped the fuck out
>>
>>8233470
That second expansion doesn't come with Gold. Real good, Ubisoft.
>>
>>8233520
Its free you nigger
>>
>>8233392
I think Rainbow Six games, the early ones anyway, were unique in that weapons did damage based on caliber, as they weren't trying to balance things strictly for multiplayer. So you could carry a suppressed pistol and a .223 rifle and not lack for quiet kills and penetration when needed. Sure, the suppressed option wouldn't be automatic like the MP5s, but some missions had you against well-equipped baddies at longer ranges where a rifle would really help.

The MP5SD was the go to for most missions though to be honest.
>>
>>8233386
only good response. Thanks I might actually check the game out if it has realistic AI
>>
>>8233658
In the original R6, the one OP posted, the MP5SD5 was the only suppressed primary weapon, and if you used any other weapon you were liable to get hostages executed.
>>
>>8233716
For hostage missions, sure, but not every mission had hostages. For those missions, don't be afraid to go in loud and heavy. Baddies would react to sound in different ways as well; some would just kill the hostages if they heard anything, others might go looking for the source of the disturbance.

I would occasionally outfit one team to be super sneaky ninjas and another to be heavies with long guns. Quiet team clears out most of the level, then move up the heavy team and take out the guys guarding the hostages. I love that Rainbow Six let you take your own path to mission completion, you could experiment with lots of different tactics.
>>
>>8233489
> you said this was impossible
Find the quote or you're a tranny faggot. You won't because I never said that, hence you're a tranny faggot.

I honestly can't tell if you really are that stupid or if you're just trolling. Either way, go dilate.
>>
>>8233672
> realistic AI
Headshotting someone from 100+ feet away with a pistol in a tiny fraction of a second as they come around a corner is not realistic. They are supposed to be ideologically driven "terrorists," not elite soldiers or marksmen. It does make the game extremely difficult, though. As I said earlier, your success on Elite difficulty seems dependent on the RNG (specifically, things like the placement of the enemies and where they are facing).

In the last mission (not including the Eagle Watch DLC) you do go up against security forces, and that mission is very hard even on Recruit difficultly. You have to go through these security doors that open automatically, making it tricky to maintain tactically advantageous sight lines.
>>
>>8233871
>difficulty is dependent on RNG.
I like this just like real life. the harder the better
>>
>>8233882
That's what she said. Play on Elite and report back with your results. Maybe I just suck. Either way I wish you the best. If you can beat the campaign on Elite without losing a single operator and without a shitload of mission restarts, you'll have my respect.
>>
>>8233882
rng in real life can be mittigated by cover, obscurity, all sorts of things not just whether or not the aimbot guard is facing your squad to instawipe them. As much as I love the games the AI on both sides was never where it needed to be.
>>
>>8233882
You should eat a bullet in real life too for the authentic experience.
>>
FFL Mod? Roger Wilco? Custom patches? No 3rding? Snipes at bunkers?

Where's the online scene at nowadays?
>>
>>8233841
Multiple anons called you out on it, lol, just like now, as it was then, it's perfectly clear you never plaved R63 and thought it was a completely different R6 not made by the original red storm team.

It's also funny that there are posters in this thread who think the webms posted are from 1998 R6, and not R63, which only proves you're sperging out over nothing, and your claims of it not being a remaster of the first game, but instead being something akin to lockdown/vegas are unfounded and laughable. You literally hate a game you've never played before, all because you confused it with another... speaking of trannies, you should probably kys
>>
>>8234449
Find the quote or fuck off, tranny faggot. Nobody cares what a tranny faggot has to say.
>>
>>8232676
Truth be told, Rogue Spear also recycled maps. You would play a stealth level where you need to bug the phones or some shit and then a few missions later you return to run and gun for whatever hamfisted story purposes.

Rogue with its expansions has an impressive total tally of missions to play but even if you ignore the recycled maps, there are still couple of real stinkers that boggle the mind regarding how were they approved in a final product in terms of being pure run and gun levels.
>>
File: rv3.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>8234468
you're so mad, lol, imagine looking at this and thinking

"yep, that's Lockdown/Vegas/whatever the new shit is, certainly not muh old school old rainbow six".

you must feel so fucking stupid
>>
File: r61.webm (1.48 MB, 1280x720)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB WEBM
>>8234468
for god's sakes, you literally confused ravenshield with lockdown/vegas

this is not something that is going to be forgotten about, ever. I will make that certain.
>>
>>8234887
All the leaning is highly unnecessary
Lean as you pie if you must. Also get the mods dude. New guns and optics as well as the AI tweaks that makes the enemies patrol around instead of being stationary transforms it into a whole new game.
>>
Raven kino
>>
>>8232554
You don't need a shit load of weapons. That's just sheer autism.
>>
>>8235105
Not that guy but I first played raven shield back in 2004 when I was in elementary school. Now I'm 30 years old and I still keep playing the game, replaying the campaign every year with whatever mod is the new cool thing. Weapon choices vary a lot and MP5s aren't the go-to tool like they were in Rogue Spear.
>>
>>8231179
My man, your aim is bad
>>
>>8231472
I never really played Rainbow Six in the past. Are there any major changes with the original game and this mod? I am kind of considering playing it but deciding between the mod or vanilla
>>
>>8235217
Nothing is modded here. This just ports the original Rainbow Six campaign into Rogue Spear engine and combines it with Rogue Spear and all the Rogue expansions into a singular campaign where missions are in chronological order. No mods of any sort. Its just fixed so that it works on modern systems.

If you want to add mods to it, I would recommend the blood mod so that enemy models actually show blood when you shoot them. If you want guns, there's plenty of those too but the vanilla has enough on its own desu.
>>
>>8235230
Also... while a lot of missions can just be winged, a few will absolutely require the mission planner and coordination of all 4 teams you have at your disposal. Mission planner looks intimidating but its simple as shit really and its pretty fun, adds a whole another dimension to the game. The basic gameplay loop is basically this:

>choose your teams, outfit them with weapons and gear
>draw basic waypoints from the insertion point for the first 100 yards or so into the map
>run it, fail
>back to planning phase, adjust weapons for the mission (smgs for hostages and CQB, assault rifles for open areas)
>draw further waypoints for the friendly AI teams
>run it again
>fail
>further edit the waypoints, set up coordinated go-codes for breaching or throwing flashbangs/grenades
>run, fail
>retry
>etc

Basically it's very trial and error but in a fun way. Some missions are insanely easy, some are very complex. Among the more complex ones that I particularly enjoyed being forced to use the planner and carefully set routes for all the teams were the Dam mission, the Theatre mission and the Nuclear facility one. They are all amazingly huge levels with plenty of approaches. A lot of missions are in smaller scale and you can get by with just running two teams if not just one.
There's also a few stealth missions where you sneak around and plant bugs. These are well thought out and stealth mechanics work as intended.
>>
>>8234894
> get the mods
> AI tweaks that makes the enemies patrol around instead of being stationary transforms it into a whole new game.
Which mod(s) do you suggest?
>>
>>8235349
https://www.moddb.com/mods/supply-drops-new-gear-for-rainbow6-3

https://www.moddb.com/mods/elite-counter-terror
>>
>>8235351
thanks, anon.

>>8235247
> a few will absolutely require the mission planner and coordination of all 4 teams
I wish there were more of these kinds of missions, especially in the first R6 game. Usually you could beat a level with a single guy as long as you don't get shot or make noise that gets hostages killed. The funnest missions were the few that could not be beaten without coordination of multiple teams. That is the correct way to increase difficulty in a R6 game, rather than just making the enemies super soldiers with perfect aim and superhuman reflexes. Completing a mission successfully using a well executed plan, coordinating with go codes, is very satisfying.

This wasn't as much of a problem in R6 2/3, but in the first R6, it was also difficult to give your AI team a tactical advantage against the AI. For example, in many cases, it was fucking impossible for your AI team to enter a room on their own without getting slaughtered no matter how you planned it out. Your only option was to enter the room yourself and clear out the hostiles before letting your team in, which made them feel pretty useless. Fortunately, better AI and better planning features of later games helped mitigate this issue.
>>
>>8235247
Nice. I play Rainbow Six Siege and looking at this t hread I felt like playing it. Thanks for your reply - I particularly like the mission planner
>>
>>8234064
I don't know for sure, but probably discord. This is almost always the case for older games. Very unfortunate as discord is cancer.

Other than that, you might want to check
https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/258-Rainbow-Six-Legacy-PC?s=&pp=20&daysprune=-1&sort=lastpost&order=asc
or
reddit.com/r/RogueSpear/
>>
>>8235465
google allr6
>>
I tried to play black ops but it has some crazy mouse acceleration bug, can't find any fix, help please?
>>
>>8235703
I stoped trying to get anything prior to Raven Shield working on Win 10 and just got a dedicated Win XP gaming laptop. Usually when people say they have R6 1/2 working "perfectly" on Win 10, what they actually mean is that the game is technically playable with glitches but the glitches are tolerable for them. The other day I saw a guy on Youtube claiming to have R6 running "perfectly" on Win 10 but when you watch the gameplay you see that half of his AI team was transparent. Maybe it is possible to have R6 1/2 run perfectly on Win 10 with SOME hardware configurations but it certainly isn't the case across the board no matter how many tweaks and fixes you try from PCgamingwiki and elsewhere.
>>
>>8233467
fairly sure that is raven shield, you can enable weapon model
>>
File: bo.webm (2.23 MB, 1280x720)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB WEBM
>>8235703
BO runs fine for me as soon as I press '=' which turns off the bottom hud menu, after doing that any mouse lag or in general is gone. Coincidentally this also makes the game look identical to the above webms, much to someone's dismay
>>
>>8237027
So you can't even use map or HB sensor?
>>
>>8237027
What the hell were they doing in a dark laundry room with the door closed?
>>
>>8237040
You can toggle the HUD at will, nothing is stopping you from bringing it up anytime you want. Personally I find the floating map unrealistic in the first place and pretty needless
>>
>>8237046
their laundry
>>
>>8237046
assfucking
>>
>>8237050
It's been years since I've played through R6 2/3, though I remember them being more forgiving than R6 1. Having just played through R6 1 a couple weeks ago, I can say that it would be near impossible to play without the HUD on Veteran/Elite difficulties. When an enemy is ready to snipe your ass in the head within a fraction of second and with perfect accuracy, you need to know where they are and preferably which way they are facing before you come around the corner. I guess if you can easily toggle it on/off that could be a workable solution.
>>
Is there a way to have weapons from Raven Shield expansion packs when using the SupplyDrop mod? Is there a way to merge all the guns?

Apparently there is a mod on moddb that does this for server-side multiplayer but not for SP/campaign.

And unrelated but after 15 years of playing this game I finally discovered Zulu go-codes.
>>
I never used the "dynamic lean" feature in Raven Shield much. Just normal lean. But I liked how you can lean and walk at the same time. Could not do that in Rogue Spear. Interestingly you also could not lean and walk in SWAT 4 but you could in SWAT 3. Devs must have decided it was unrealistic.
>>
>>8231176
fucking chad. go on son, drown ubisoft in their tears.
>>
>>8238183
The problem with it is that its too slow. Regular lean works much faster. There is very little need for it
>>
Nice

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.