[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: rayman.png (812 KB, 1920x1080)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
Rayman 2 (dreamcast)
>"definitive version" by its creator
>beautiful textures and smooth 60fps
>has the best textures out of the first few ports of the game
>Rayman 2 revolution:
>adds a hub world and extra bosses that fit nicely into the game
>adds decent voice acting, can be changed back to the gibberish
>model and level design improvements, such as cave of bad dreams
DC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsJ2XjqwSDY
RR: https://youtu.be/sr5qo3JprKw?t=49
>laggy as shit though, but can be fixed with a 60fps mod on PCSX2
Which do you think is the best way to play?
Dreamcast or Revolution with fixes?
I prefer revolution for its hub worlds and more content, adds to the world building and story of the game, but both are good.
What do you think?
>>
PC. Dreamcast loses points because it added more enemies.
>>
>>8139739
no thank you, im an adult.
>>
rayman 2 is bad game
>>
>>8139739
honestly i think complaining about which version is better is just silly. I mean yea we have to point out the superior version, but it's so incredibly fascinating to me that this game has interesting alternatives to visit and revisit
>>
>>8141915
to be fair though, rayman 2 is one of the best 3d platformers of all time, and some of the ports just outright do the game dirty. Most of those being the nintendo console ports anyway but that's why you see people always saying the definitive versions are dreamcast/pc/ps2(depending).
>>
of the 5th gen the n64 wins. Of 6th gen, either DC or PC

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.