[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: head.jpg (171 KB, 876x599)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
Can YOU kill the head now that it has finally been proven to be possible?
>>
>>8138448
I tried tapping that fast and my finger exploded.
>>
>finally been proven to be possible
quick rundown please?
>>
>>8138448
the cost-benefit of such a grind doesn't make sense, i'd rather make a decent speedrun time which matters
>>
>>8139008
>something something 'speedrun is nearly perfect but needs a few frame specific optimizations'
>and then...
>synthwave starts playing
>'someone actually did it'
>>
Sword only no-death is the limit to my 'tism. I'd rather move on to other challenges (i.e. Contra/Super C no-death no powerups).
>>
>>8139008
If you hold down while mid-air you can slash as fast as you can press B. It was thought impossible to kill the head like this without turbo until some autist did it.
In short: carpal tunnel if you want a truly damageless run. People already knew you could kill the head with spin slash cheese.
>>
No and I don't feel bad about it
>>
>>8139008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12g8HbeHtc

It took 32 years for someone to achieve a no hit run on Ninja Gaiden because the head falling off was always considered impossible to avoid.
>>
>>8139356
Neato
>>
>>8138448
No because there's no real point.
>>
>>8139046
I thought the holding down and tapping B trick only works if you have the spin slash subweapon?
>>
>>8139493
Shitter coping
>>
>>8139582
Doing it prevents you from using MP and thus doing the spinslash, but down+B also lets you rapidly slash faster than you could just mashing B normally. Ninja Gaiden gods can do like 7 slashes per jump this way.
>>
>>8139632
Well yeah I'm aware of that trick, but I thought the trick ONLY works if you have the spin slash, like if you have the windmill shuriken or the fire subweapon instead, you can't perform the down+B aerial trick
>>
>>8139632
>gods
Stop simping over runners. Anyone can do this with enough practice. But most people would rather play the game as intended, and move onto another game once complete. What these few players and runners are doing is impressive, but most normal people don't put 500+ hours into a single video game.
>>
I've played this game through probably 100 times, it's one of my favorite platformers, and just this year did I learn you don't have to tap A to wall jump. As long as you're holding the jump button down, just tapping left or right will cause you to leap off the wall

Makes one wall climbing so much fucking easier. I don't know how I never figured that out
>>
>>8139638
It works all the time, go try it out now. Even with no subweapon it works.

>>8139648
>most normal people don't put 500+ hours into a single video game
They do if they want to get their dad's money's worth in 1990 when the next game is 6 months away for Christmas
>>
>>8139672
>the next game is 6 months away for Christmas
Either zoomer larp or poor.
>>
>>8139703
Most parents aren't buying their kids a new $70 game each month unless they are spoiled.
>>
>>8139593
post your no death 1cc or best speedrun time
>>
>>8139648
>>8139672
normal people might put 500hours into a game that has at least 250+ hours of content. So a full run then maybe one NG+ for extra challenge...
What normal players avoid is repeating the same shit more than a couple times, which is what most NES shit and NG require since the game is 40 mins long, to get 500 hours of it you'd have to replay the same 5 minute stages until you puked
>>
>>8139717
That would apply for games today, but 30 years have passed so putting 500 hours into an NES game over a lifetime isn't strange.
>>
>>8139707
You got a point, but as a result of that most kids back then didn't resort to putting 500 hr. into the same game, nevermind try to speedrun no hit pacifist 7 hit strike boss combo finish garbage. Get what i'm saying?

Your zoomer mind is spoiled with larp and youtube simp.
>>
>>8139717
>>8139779
No normal people play the same game for 500+ hours, most people don't even beat their games.
>>
>>8139707
>Most parents aren't buying their kids a new $70 game each month unless they are spoiled.
Oh little zoom, back in those days we had these things called rental stores.
>>
File: 1183682697988.png (3 KB, 400x300)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
You fuckers make it sound like you can't chop the head off at all unless "you do this one trick". I've been chopping that fucker off with regular slashes and getting attacked with demon jizz since '89.

Spin slash? That shit's for pussies.
>>
>>8139021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0TB9JMpdE
>>
>>8139812
>No normal people play the same game for 500+ hours
youd be surprised
I have normie friends and I've seen some huge Steam playtime hours
>>
>>8139021
kek
>>
>>8139653
Holy SHIT I didn't know this until just now either. I have played this game since like 1990 too.
>>
>>8139936
It's not about chopping the head off, it falls off naturally through the course of battle for everyone. What's the big deal is actually killing it before it can hit you as it runs away. Until last year no one in history had done that on a perfect no damage run. Probably even the game designers hadn't done it, or at least one of them would've come forward in three decades to show it's possible.
>>
>>8139975
Normies mostly leave the game running while they alt-tab to their social media for 30 minutes after every 5 minutes of play.
>>
>>8141414
How does one leave a NES alt-tab'd?
>>
>>8139021
Lmao that's literally all his videos but they're still a good watch.
>>
>>8141509
Read the post I was replying to.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.