[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: livealive.jpg (65 KB, 277x150)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Is this game worth playing?
>>
Totally. The episodes vary wildly in length and quality and the game is really easy. But it really is one of a kind and quite fun; I'd suggest playing it as blind as possible.
>>
Squares best games are not FF.
>>
>>8131627
yes i was thinking just that. square put out so much more in the 90s than just final fantasy and chrono trigger, yet those are the only ones people seem to talk about
>>
The game itself is somewhere near 6/10 but its core concept is awesome. Mecha, fighting and sci-fi episodes are pure kino, prehistoric and western ones are good, and the rest is... okay, I guess.
Just don't try to stealth through the ninja part on your first playthrough. It feels like ass even on the second one.
>>
Yes, I'm thinking of playing it myself
>>
>>8131616
Yeah and it's not too long. Try a chapter or two and see how you like it
>>
File: nearfuture.png (785 KB, 1351x567)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
Live A Live thread? Yeah it's definitely worth playing today, and it's one of the best Square games we never got. It's short, but the stories are amazing and varied
Pic related is the Near Future/Mecha chapter manga by the character illustrator of the chapter, working on Vol. 2
>>
>>8131616
A pretty good experience and nice soundtrack made by the same composer of Street Fighter II.
My favorite chapter is inheritance.
>>
>>8131616
I don't know, maybe take the requisite single minute to download the game and a translation patch and then start it on an emulator and then see for yourself.
>>
Yes, but the game isn't without its flaws. There are some battles that are borderline unwinnable unless you've reached a specific level to learn a new attack, so you're never really sure if difficult fights have a gimmick you need to figure out or if you're just fucked because you haven't hit level 14 yet. There's also stupidity like in the ninja chapter where there's one section where you have to pass through the attic. There are multiple exits, but one of them makes a powerful enemy rush at you with full speed you if you try to take it. So naturally, you might think, "I'm probably not supposed to go that way yet" because it keeps kicking your ass. But you are supposed to go that way. The solution is just that you can just barely run past it without starting a fight if your timing is good. It feels like an unintentional sequence break, but it's how the game expects you to do it
>>
>>8132335
so are you gonna dump or not?
>>
reminder Straybitch is a faggot
>>
File: 43.jpg (1.2 MB, 2000x2932)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>8134840
Scanning Vol. 2 soon but here you go anon: https://archive.org/details/nearfuturecol1
>>
>>8135947
Anon, you are a blessing.
>>
>>8136469
I decided to scan them since they go for shit like this, I'm surprised nobody scanned them yet but it's good that they're being preserved now
>>
>>8136593
thanks.
>>
File: nearfuture2.png (712 KB, 1339x563)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
>>8135947
Vol 2 is almost done since it's longer, also expect a lot of le epic mech scenes
>>
Do you like SNES-era JRPGs? Do you like FF 4-6 or Chrono Trigger? Do you have a hard-on for 90s anime? If you answered yes to at least 2 of these questions, then you should play Live-A-Live.
>>
File: 59-60.jpg (3.58 MB, 3976x2960)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB JPG
>>8135947
Vol. 2 is up: https://archive.org/details/nearfuturecol2/, enjoy
>>
>Play cowboy one
>Finish it it's alright
> Play ninja one
>Get bored after playing for a while
>Play mecha one
>lose interest in the tutorial

I wish I could understand my taste in video games.
With JRPgs I've only ever gotten into the SMT games. I've never played any snes jrpg except for live a live
>>
>>8131616
it's a 6 or 7/10 game but it's not very long, if you have nothing better to do then yeah
>>
>>8139849
I feel the same. Most games feel meh imo
>>
>>8139865
I haven't found anything on a 3rd or 4th gen console that I've even super into. Maybe an arcade port of one game
>>
Name one snes rpg.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.