[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Remember that time period from like 2009-2012 where you could get GameCube games from GameStop/EB Games for cheap as fuck? Post your scores
>>
Some based fucker actually slapped a $0.99 sticker on a Sonic Gems Collection too. Wish I had that copy, but my cousin borrowed and lost it
>>
I remember trading in Sonic Adventure and they just weren't going to give me money for it. Their formula put it at zero. I agree but c'mon man, someone will still pay money for it.
>>
>>7850735
Not even a dollar?
>>
>>7850616
I scored a Viewtiful Joe 2 strategy guide for literally one penny. They just wanted it gone.
>>
I never went to those shops very often, but I do remember picking up a new copy of Rhapsody on PS1 for $20 around the early to mid 2000s. It's going for around $160 today.
>>
I really don't understand the surge in Gamecube, especially shit like the random Mario Party sequels.
>>
>>7850616
I remember using gamestop's website to find out which store in my state had a copy of Gotcha Force. I drove a few towns over and picked up a copy for $20. Now it goes for a fortune. It's a shame so few people get to play it , it's a great game.
>>
>>7850616
I got
>Killer 7
>ReMake
>Silent Hill 2 & 3
>Psp Go
>Shin Megami Nocturn
>Metroid Prime Collection
> Metroid Prime 1 + 2
That is all I can think of. Hindsight is a bitch
>>
>>7851681
Lots of people still have Wiis sitting around, and GC has lots of genuinely good games, The Party games are popular for people in lockdown states. On top of this, consoomerism has turned many people into fools regarding money and collecting.
>>
>>7851681
people still like old nintendo games

nes and snes game ports have been everywhere since 2006

nintendo 64 has a smaller library than people like to admit, a few pricey titles though.

gamecube games have visuals that look good enough to be a recent nintendo release and a lot of them are obviously not getting ported. that and the small number of consoles sold compared to the competition drives up the supply/demand

wii will never soar up like gamecube games did but now is a good time to but shit like mario party, galaxy, zelda, donkey kong, super paper mario, strikers charged, etc for the wii. you can get these games for real cheap, even on ebay sometimes. and theyre the most likely scraps left at flea market and yard sale tables, surrounded by shovelware and xbox 360 sports games, obviously. wii games wont have a big day like gamecube, but they will have their day. consoles are pretty cheap too, be on the lookout there. also get ready for mario kart wii to turn into a booming competitive game a la melee. but theres so many copies of it in the wild im not sure how valuable it will ever get.

wiiu is a coinflip since a ton of shit got ported to switch immediately lol
>>
>>7852041
The Wii can run GCN games for free.
>>
>>7851689
Fuck Capcom for not porting it to anything modern. It doesnt have any kind of weird rights shit with it, does it? They reprinted copies of it so they must know people liked it.
>>
>>7852170
Most people don't know that.
>>
>>7851107
had that with a copy of Space Invaders Extreme 2 on DS
>>
>>7852031
>>Psp Go
i hated this shit when it came out cause digital only, but fuck now i want one since I soft modded my PSP to install my UMDs onto the system, but want a way to use a PS3 controller while playing PSP games on a TV and the Go is the only way to do that
>>
Never had access, lived too far away and didn't have money or consoles to play them on. Bought some of it later as an adult in a pathetic bid to reclaim some of what I missed out on, but it doesn't work that way. The magic only comes once and if you miss it it's gone, even if you obtain the physical product.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.