[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (3).jpg (62 KB, 478x642)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
First game was amazing, why did this one have to suck?
It wasn't just more of the same, it was more of the worse.
>>
>>7712865
Bump
>>
not retro
>>
>>7713939
kys
>>
Change in director. This actually has happened to Kamiya-less sequels so often throughout his career it's hard to blame anyone else. Viewtiful Joe 2 is especially close to Bayonetta 2 in terms of managing to not quite nail a golden formula, in my opinion.
>>
>>7714124
>Change in director.
That explains it, I couldn't put my finger on why VJ2 felt "off" if on surface it looks about the same.
Like literally, they didn't even bother to polish Joe's moveset.
>>
>>7712865
It's the same shit. But with twice as many gimmicks. VJ was never good but compared to okami this is perfect
>>
>>7712865
First one sucked too.
>>
not retro
>>
>>7715427
kys
>>
Not retro
>>
>>7712865
I loved the first one. I actually had to check my collection to see if I owned this sequel. I think I may have played the first two levels and never bothered with the rest. Couldn't tell you why. There was another Viewtiful Joe on the GameCube, which played somewhat like Smash Bros and that one was absolute dog shit. I sold it on eBay shortly after getting it. But VJ2 I kept.
>>
>>7712865
Kamiya is the Trashure of the not retro (post-fifth gen) era
>>
>>7715319
based okami hater
>>
Why did this franchise completely die? No ports. Never mentioned. It's like Capcom just wants to forget about it.
>>
>>7715458
Stop you maggot
>>
I only had the second one, but playing it without the first game to compare it to, it was a great game and I had an absolute blast with all the mechanics.
>>
>>7714124
But Bayo 2 was better than the first in terms of gameplay. 1 only had the edge in plot.
Not retro, however.
>>
Not retro
>>
>>7716047
>Not retro
>>
>>7712865
It was a bland rehash. Had less content and broke every single promise made in the trailers.
>>
>>7715586
>Kamiya is the buzzwords hurr durrr durrrr
>>
>>7716310
I hate this game. But let's face it, the gameplay is much better than the first game. A pity that the design is worse than the first
>>
>>7716667
What part of the gameplay is better? Playing as Sylvia?
>>
JUST GO FOR IT
>>
You finally get two great superhero games and you go crying that the second isn't capeshit enough. Go watch Marvel if you can't handle the heat. Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 were great and I'm sad we'll never get a 3.

VJ2 booklet was good for faps, too.
>>
I miss when /vr/ was actually about retro games. Viewtiful Joe was released when George W. Bush was president of the US. That's only the president before the president before last. Not retro enough.
>>
>>7717769
Stop bitching.
>>
>>7717768
>Go watch Marvel if you can't handle the heat

This is a joke ?
>>
>>7715427
Fun fact, posts like these can be successfully reported for off-topic, since they can't logically have anything to do with the topic, which is by the rules a retro game.
>>
>>7717769
what a stupid metric
>>
Since we are on the subject how was the ds one?
heard it cliffhangers even harder
>>
>>7712865
Worse frame rate for whatever ungodly reason

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.