[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 71mJUNc+F2L._AC_SL1024_.jpg (157 KB, 1024x836)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
What is your preferred method of playing your cartridge Game Boy Advance games? Doesn't have to be official, just has to be capable of playing original cartridges.
For me, it's the DS Lite. Damn what a nice console.
>>
>>7623904
>What is your preferred method of playing your cartridge Game Boy Advance games?
I refuse to let a cartridge defile the slot of my GBA. I only play multiboot games.
But seriously, who the fuck writes/speaks like that? ESL? Pseud? Seriously question.
>>
>>7624017
You literally have to specify since half the people here are emufags.
>>
>>7623904
Classic Game Boy Advance with IPS V2 LCD mod.
>>
>>7623904
GBA player for the Gamecube. I got LoG2, Buu's Fury, Taiketsu, that one GT game, and Advance Adventure one Christmas and marathon played them on the family television. Good times.
>>
>>7624048
nothing classic about IPS

>>7623904
There is no reason to play any GBA-game on any device.
>>
>>7624103
>There is no reason to play any GBA-game on any device.
epic
>>
I have a DS Lite and the motion blur is miserable. Genuinely can't stand playing games on it because it all just devolves into a smeary mess. Not sure how anyone stands it
>>
>>7624080
this is also what i do.
>>
>>7624020
>half the people here are emufags.
Probably closer to twice that. I suspect they'll come shit up any thread regardless of how you phrase it. I guess we'll see.
I don't really have a favorite system to play carts on. Unless you count flash carts. The only real carts I've really played were pokemon. I like DSs because you also get the DS library but one of my kids was into it so we played on SPs quite a bit. Not a fan of the OG GBA as a portable but as a GC accessory it's my favorite in most cases.
>>
>original cartridges
nigger who the fuck plays original cartridges besides coomlectors? even when gbas were new i only had bootleg copies. now i would only play flashcarts of load from sd if console allows
>>
>>7624623
Having a small collection of physical games you actually enjoy and play on original hardware > loading a flashcart with 10000 games that you never touch or dedicate any time to due to choice paralysis

Owning physical carts also just feels nice. Or at least it would if they were priced decently. Unfortunately right now, flashcarts are the only economical option
>>
>>7624080
This. GB Player with GBI. I'll never go back.
>>
>>7624656
>>7624080
On what screen size? In my experience, GB/GBA games look absolutely terrible when blown up to monitor sizes. Even when emulating I tend to play them with console borders around smaller screens to make them look decent. That resolution and small pixel count was just not meant for bigger screens
>>
>>7623904
I play on the same GBA SP I've had since I was kid. It's an AGS-101 too, so for a long time I never even knew that there were different SP models. I had an original GBA and put an LCD in it, but I ended up prefering the SP far more. I guess I've just grown accustomed to it.
>>
I prefer the SP. Never had any issues with comfort like some say, i have big hands, i think people just hold it wrong. DS Lite and GC d-pad feel too mushy

>>7624623
There are a couple gimmick cartridges which are fun, and pokemon games wont let you transfer to DS with a flashcart (i think). But yeah no real reason to not have a flashcart when 99.5% of the library plays great plus romhack/patches
>>
>>7624667
I've got a 19 inch trinitron monitor that I use for GBA. With GBI I get a very crisp, SNES-like experience. The sound still blows no matter what you use, but I have no complaints about the visuals. Just make sure you use the correct aspect ratio.
>>
>>7623904
on my gamecube with an off brand gameboy player controller
>>
>>7624650
People always say if they emulate or use a flashcard they will never be able to play anything because there's just too many games, but why not only put a couple games on it and then when you finish them you're allowed to add more? I just don't really see what the difference is if you just use a fraction of self-control.
>>
>>7625764
This is how early GBA flashcarts were. You could only store one or two games on them.
>>
>>7624650
Choice paralysis stops being a problem when you realize 90% of every library is shit. You wont be playing every game because they suck.
>>
>>7625792
Well, I mean you could build up a collection of roms, but it just wouldn't be all at once and then the collection you had you would be experienced with and care about, instead of things just sitting on your card or collecting dust on a shelf because you got a good deal.
>>
>>7624713
>i think
Not very well

>>7625792
Depends what you want to store and the size of the card. For example, until modern GB flash carts became available for a reasonable price I used 256M GBA flash carts to hold 100+ GB games. For roughly half the GBA library the games are so big a 64M cart can't even hold one.
>>
For me, it's the Wii U Virtual Console
>>
>>7624361
gb(c) on a gba is buffered
gba on a ds is buffered

>>7625730
>off brand gameboy player controller
tsk
>>
>>7628137
>>off brand gameboy player controller
>tsk
Nooooooo you have to buy muh brand it isn't worth using as a controller if you didn't drop hundreds on it!
Honestly just off yourself.
>>
File: P4090390.jpg (771 KB, 1280x960)
771 KB
771 KB JPG
>>7623904

For me it's the micro
>>
>>7623904
I play on my GBA SP AGS-101, it's perfect. Nothing even comes close.
>>
>>7628137
>buffered
Not sure exactly what you mean but GBA on GBA is "buffered"
>>
I modded a gba with an ips screen and rechargeable battery.
>>
>>7628605
This or a GBP, I have an SP but it's not comfortable at all
>>
>>7628368
>Not sure exactly what you mean
color me surprised
>>
File: EqEcMoiXYAA7aF7.jpg (252 KB, 938x542)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>7623904

Played on a custom-shell GBA AGS-101 long before but after messing around with Mario Kart Super Circuit, wanted to try out the original GBA again from the times my old AGS-001 ended broken due corroded charge port.

For it bought an IPS backlight and decent custom shell I had to trim myself for that.

AGS-101 I'm little torn on at times due ghosting it has too, so sometimes been preferring playing on AGB-001 again.
>>
I either use my DS Lite or the Game Boy Player. I actually rebought a GameCube just so I could use that thing. I sold off the GameCube after I bought a Wii but kept the Game Boy Player. Got a pretty sweet silver one now.
>>
>>7628316
I love my micro but the damn thing is so small my hands hurt after 20 minutes.
It's great for short bursts though.
>>
>>7629401
I know. How could you imagine there'd be an adult who understands technology on /vr/. Crazy amirite!
>>
>>7623904
I play on a gba sp, mostly. Sometimes ill use my ds lite with an r4 card to back up my saves or to transfer pokemon from gen 3 to 4.
>>
>>7628605
I wish there were IPS displays that were native res 144
>>
>>7630505
and you replied to him, so awesome.

>>7623904
yesterday I found a homebrew app which can reflash chinesium-bootleg gba-carts using a nds
lol, insane.
>>
>>7623904
>just has to be capable of playing original cartridges
Ask me how I know you play with your ass.
>>
>>7631238
>and i got caught, so awesome
pottery
>>
File: 1616148840613.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>FREE Gameboy Advance SP HEADPHONES! MAIL-IN COUPON INSIDE!
Why not just include them in the box?
>>
>>7623904
Game Boy Player
>>
>>7625817
What's the difference between the games you have played vs the ones you want to play? They're both personal to you, just one requires removing the sd card more often.
>>
>>7631538
Because nobody bothers to do that shit

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.