[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hollywood-video.jpg (74 KB, 550x399)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Okay anon, you can rent ONE game. Don't take too long now, we need to get back home so I can start cooking dinner.
>>
I'll just rent Bubsy for the 10th time.
>>
File: 220px-Movie_Gallery.jpg (11 KB, 220x146)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
We rented three games a week from this place.

You can never go back ;_;
>>
What I miss about rentals is that you could take your copy of the game that stopped working and replace it with theirs and they never ever called and punished my parents for it
>>
File: smilebino.jpg (29 KB, 528x543)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>7623306
Based
>>
>>7623306
kek based
>>
>>7623289

Probably Starfox 64.

Eventually weaseled my parents into buying it for me when they were liquidating their N64 shit.

Ofc some Jew took the Rumble Pak.
>>
File: mks.jpg (74 KB, 664x498)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>7623306
Doesn't really work when they engraved their cartridges.
>>
>>7623306
>>7623572
I unintentionally stole my old copy of Paper Mario from Blockbuster. I rented it, then soon after went away for a few months. By the time I came back, my dad had had a blow up with Blockbuster over the game, he refused to pay charges and said that he didn't have it. I soon found it. On one hand, based, I fucking love this game. On the other hand, what was I supposed to do now? I ended up butchering the label to get rid of any trace of it being a cartridge from Blockbuster and wrote "Paper Mario" on it with Sharpie. You people would have a fit if you saw it. I lost it some years back and ended up getting a regular copy to replace it. Gotta be honest, it's a little strange seeing the actual label for the game intact.
Anyway, my dad never found out about the copy of Paper Mario and never went to Blockbuster again. That store closed down like 2 years later and was replaced by a Chinese restaurant.
I also stole my copy of Banjo-Tooie from a local video store, this time completely intentionally. I rented it under an old account that I knew wouldn't be used again. I even plotted to go back and get Mario Party 3 from there at some point but never got around to it. I unironically rented N64 games from there too even up until around 2011 or so when they stopped offering them. I went there pretty often and rented Wii games and stuff too. Sadly it eventually converted into a dollar store and then died completely. I also bought some Genesis games from there around 2005 and a boxed copy of F-Zero X when they were closing down. Pretty based video store all around. I kind of regret the thievery because Banjo-Tooie isn't really that great.
>>
File: dfa.jpg (11 KB, 312x296)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>that time I rented SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 and Shadow the Hedgehog (both for PS2) and had to desperately try and enjoy myself playing them for the 7 days I had them so as to not waste my parents money
>>
File: Why_dont.png (188 KB, 306x300)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>7623426
>>7623547
>>
in the ps1 era there were some game rentals near by. my dad always said that they will be gone in a few weeks. i never understood why but he was right. they never last long. if you timed it right to could rent a few games wait for them to move on and could keep the games
>>
>>7623289
>rent Super Smash Bros.
>don't know you can fight CPUs in Vs. so think 1 Player Mode is the entire game for Single Player
>play it a dozen times in a row and have a great time
>>
Megaman 7
>>
>>7623572
I did it with GC and PS2 games, anon.

Though to be fair I have a few blockbuster stickered carts in my collection too.
>>
>look over selection
>see ton of single-disc games
>see a few multidisc games for the same money
>want to get the most I can for my money
>which to get?

This is how I ended up getting into JRPGs
>>
My local video store had a limited selection and by the time I got there at weekends, the good shit was always gone. I rented out Magic Carpet for PS1 about 7 times or something.

Video stores always smelled so good. All that carpet and plastic. Fuck modern life and fuck Netflix.
>>
>>7623780
I rented RE2 and MGS for this reason with a video card I came across that wasn't mine.

Hit the jackpot with those two games.
>>
TMNT on the NES. I play it for half an hour, get filtered by the water and retreat to jewtube to watch AVGN and his jewish friends have wrong opinions about everything. Then I shart my pants and salute the flag.
>>
>>7623306
take care of your games you fucking nigger
they don't just stop working
you broke it
you were probably doing something stupid and you broke it
>>
>>7623808
lurk moar
>>
Never liked renting. Always wanted to own every game I played due to autism. Was happy that blockbuster died so I didn’t have to return my copy of Star Fox Adventure
>>
>>7623890
>Never liked renting. Always wanted to own every game I played due to autism.
Just rent the most expensive games and never return them
>>
>>7623884
My copy of Super Metroid can't hold a save file to save its life. Games get old and fail. Deal with it.
>>
>>7623884
>>7623917
I got my copy of Super Smash Bros. around 2003-2004 and it was already dead. It could not hold a save. I used to make little games of getting all the unlockable characters without shutting the console off. I think I sold it for like $40 in 2015.
>>
>>7623917
>my Super Metroid doesn't save in 2021
>anon's games didn't work 30 years ago
not the same thing retard
replace your battery
>>
>>7623928
Did you buy your Smash Bros brand new in the plastic, or did you get it secondhand from some nigger who frisbeed it into mud puddles bc he was too technologically illiterate to operate a TV?
>>
>>7623953
>replace your battery
And potentially fuck it permanently so it never works again? Great idea Einstein.
>>
>>7623953
The save failed a long time ago. I would say it worked for 5 years before becoming unreliable.
>>
>>7623306
>people here shits on nigger for attitudes like this but then applauds this guy
Fuck this. What a fucking rat
>>
>>7623958
It was just from some kid in my neighborhood I used to hang out with.
>>
>>7623601
lol you nigger
>>
>rent 10 or more psx games with 2 friends
>burn the good ones
>return the same day to save fees
good times
>>
>>7623289
>get stuck on N64 game like zelda
>go to rental store
>rent zelda
>the game is inevitably already beaten or very far ahead
>switch their game with mine
>stoner kids running the video store never notice

I did this multiple times rather than git good
>>
>go check for Digimon Rumble Arena 2
>it's always rented out
I never did get to play it.
>>
>>7625025
kek
>>
>>7625025
No you didn't.
>>
Rock n Roll Racing for the SNES.
>>
>>7623303
I went to big5 today. It used to be a hollywood video. As i was turning into the parking lot i had a flashback of being 10 and playing bloody roar for the first time with my spic friend.
>>
>>7623630
I still play it and have a fun time
>>
>>7625025
>get stuck on N64 game because retarded
>use someone else's save
>have literal never beaten a game in my life
>brag about being retarded on the internet
>>
The only time I ever got to rent games was when my local Meijer (imagine Walmart, except more Michigan-flavored) briefly toyed around with having a gas station-tier video rental store. I was a poorfag who didn't have a Super Nintendo at the time, so I was stuck with the literally 6 NES games they had. IIRC, they were Tiny Toon Adventures, Flintstones, Megaman, Rescue Rangers (which I never rented because I owned it), Home Alone 2, and one other game I don't recall. Probably some other shitty licensed game.
>>
>>7623289
Always wanted to rent Bugs Bunny Lost in Time for PS1 and it was ALWAYS out. I think I got it maybe once. Duck Dodgers on N64 was another one I rented a lot. Not sure why I was so drawn to Looney Tunes licensed games but in retrospect they were usually really solid
>>
>>7623961
Retard
>>
I remember renting Sonic Shuffle from a gas station in around 2004-2005. Why the fuck did they still have Dreamcast games to rent and why did I rent that game when I had no friends?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.