[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: spirit crystal sword.png (165 KB, 455x737)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
Stay a while and listen
Off by 1 Spirit Crystal Sword edition

last thread
>>7583706
Useful links:
>https://pastebin.com/DLATpsH6
Latest 1.15 MEGA:
>https://mega.nz/file/5HgRgCZa#AyW094C9JfC4GKDDOeQbSJlUTTKOUIRRpCscQNQE2hM
>>
>p8 in act 1: terrible slog, grinding, everything takes a million hits to fall
>p8 in act 2: everything fucking dies in one hit
I feel like my training is finally beginning to pay off.
>>
>no high runes or top tier uniques dropped for me lately
Bros... it hurts...
>>
>>7598262
It's almost easter, anon, RNGesus needs you to give something up.
>>
>>7598197
I always make sure to ask him about miscellaneous when he says that.
>>
File: Screenshot298.jpg (513 KB, 800x600)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
Gheed, my man, got me to complete my Disciple set.
>>
>>7598382
Diablo's a faggot.
>huuuuh you a summon necro????
>okay let me spam my giant circle fire aoe
>kekeke aren't i le funny???
>>
Test
>>
>>7598382
Laying of Hands are amazing. The damage to demons is just absurd for physical builds.
>>
>>7598415
It's the Trangs for physical builds.
>>
File: 1532481053779.jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>just saw some fucking zoomer call LoD "the DLC".
>>
>>7598434
what else can they call it? They don't know what an "expansion" or "add-on" is.
>>
>>7598391
Just use level 1 clay golem and iron maiden lol, he'll kys himself with melee attacks.
>>
>>7598443
I know I know...just let me be old.
>>
>>7598221
wait until you try the Shitfest mod (35x mob spawns) and you're lv25 by end of act 1, lv55 by end of Normal
>>
>>7598509
link?
>>
>>7598515
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jgsd27IPnGbjuZ0Zv2oA0wAdcYAMJvSu/view
drag and drop into D2SE mods folder
>>
>>7598559
not exactly the same mod, but the same number of monsters.

so you have an idea what you're getting into. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v2uM4Ufbro&t=2245s
>>
>>7598509
I thought about doing this game with Shitfest but decided against it. Maybe I'll put it up for a Rabies Werewolf later.
>>
>>7598559
Thanks! How do you prefer to run it? No junk?
>>
>>7598562
Holy shit it's literally a poe build.
>>
ww barb or foth pala for 1.15?
>>
>>7598642
Fist. Only time you'll be able to actually make a decent build out of it, so why not?
>>
File: plz giv nuke.png (2.23 MB, 1413x1027)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
Playing shitfest.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? I can't even do the fucking den yet. It's awesome.
>>
>>7598679
I kinda wish it was less regular enemies and just more of bosses.
>>
File: classes.png (1.24 MB, 1400x700)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
Rate the classes from best to worst. Tell us why.
>>
>>7598761
Best : Sorcerer.
Reason : I want to fuck her.

Worst : Barbarian.
Reason : Take a fucking guess.
>>
>>7598761
Taking both end and early game into account

>metafaggin and magic finding
Sorc > or = Barb > Pally > Zon > Druid > Necro > Ass

Sorc cause sorc. Barb is next cause, despite him being shit, Find Item is genuinely retarded and in some situations is even faster better than sorc for farming. Everything past that is debateable.

>my favs
Zon > Necro > Pally > rest
Physical bowzon > Summon Necro > HC Zeal.
>>
>>7598761
amazon > assassin > sorc > garbage > the rest
mommies > all.
>>
I'm going to get my bro Kasim an Insight.

Is there a bare minimum quality polearm I should get for it, or do I just grab the first five-socket crude bardiche I can find and cling to that?
>>
>>7598923
four socket, mate. scythe, bardiche, doesn't matter if it's your first insight as long as it has 4 sockets.
thresher for late game tho.
>>
>>7598923
>insight is 4 sockets
>bardiche line can only ever have up to 3 max sockets
>crude items can't naturally roll sockets
aside from that, yes. Insight is so good, and the runes for it are so easy to find, that making it in the first viable base you come across is pretty much always going to be an upgrade, with maybe the slight exception if your merc is running a Strength and you value the crushing blow for bosses. still probably going to be an upgrade overall, though.
>>
File: 1533089181592.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>looking for good Leaf base
>find perfect one
>3 sockets
>>
>Finally get Lightning Fury
>Go to Act 1 to bully The Countess with it
This is why I love javazon. Now the grind is over. Now they all die.
>>
To any interested spanish-speakers in this thread, i share this video I made doing 500 meph runs on my new plugy account with highlights
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM1umDV6Tk
>plz show support
>>
>>7599352
I love the javazon too, throwing javs and shit and just seeing them all die. But one day I wanna do a bowazon.
>>
File: Screenshot303.jpg (514 KB, 800x600)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
What a cute unique from a random chest
>>
>>7599501
real good for caster builds.
>>
File: my javelin.png (415 KB, 802x601)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>Got a javelin that I like
>Nothing fancy but the damage is solid
>And it has good mana steal so I'll never run out while throwing my lightning around
>Got a whole lot of runes and a perfect sapphire to spear
>Upgrade it
>Turns out I'm like 30 points of dexterity short to wield it

Oh, the gods have cursed me for my hubri-
Wait a sec

>Plugy allows free respec
>Just leech some points from strength and vitality and dump them into dexterity
>Laugh

Okay so I'm being pretty fragile now but it's a lot of fun having an exceptional weapon so early.

>>7599484
I have vague memory of doing a bowazon as well. I don't suppose it's that bad, but given I don't remember it too well does tell some bad things about it. Good luck, though.
>>
File: Screenshot305.jpg (486 KB, 800x600)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>7599520
You should also look forward to +aspd and "increased stack size" for javs, really helped me a lot from swapping and coming back for repairs.
>>
>>7599520
>>7599484
Bowzon main here. Did the holy grail on one.

Bows are shit, no way around it. They suffer from being low damage in general and never got anything to make up for the lack of an offhand. You could quite literally double their base damage and it'd still be subpar compared to most other weapon types and spells. You can make them work, but it needs a lot of good gear. You'll also never get anything approaching good magic find while being a bowzon nor will you get really tanky as you need to skink as much into dex as you can. Mana drain is a necessity, too, even more than most classes. They even suffer getting decent resistance without the unique end game charms and they also only get 50% effectiveness from crushing blow. Not to mention half their drops, i.e. crossbows, are effectively worthless due to their attack speed and high strength requirements.

Going cold and or fire is a much better damage route to take than physical, but I prefer phys myself.

However the bowzon does have a LOT of play in the skills i.e. you can do what you like with both the bow and passive trees and still come out fairly well. Multishot, strafe, magic arrow and guided arrow all have their usefulness.

I would say they are among the, if not the single, most difficult build to get going with zero gear.
>>
>>7599572
>>7599572
>I would say they are among the, if not the single, most difficult build to get going with zero gear.
This is so true, just looking at the weapon runewords available for a bowazon, they're mostly bad, so you have to rely on uniques which then fall off late game, and then the late game bows are hard to find.
>>
>>7599612
The jump from early to mid and then the jump from mid to late are both very difficult to do without luck or a lot of grinding.

Best bet is to go from a Zephyr/random unique bow into a Harmony, then pray to fucking God you get a decent unique like Goldstrike Arch or Witchwild String, then farm your brain out to get something end game.
>>
>>7599572
I wish the Guided Arrow Pierce exploit still worked. A fun and flavourful glitch that empowered an otherwise such a terribly weak build.
>>
>>7599660
Just mod it back in, it's easy. I personally don't like it though, too overpowered, max speed piercing Guided Arrow hits 43% faster than dual-wielded max speed Whirlwind. Or in reality, way more than 43% because Whirlwind has slow starts and it's hard to do perfect whirls.
>>
>>7599715
Never understood this. CB is twice as useful and your base damage is higher with WW. It's also actually useful on regular monsters.
>>
>got memed into farming Mausoleum
>it's basically an empty labyrinth with 3 super chests that drop shit
fuck mausoleum.
>>
>>7598627
That's the uniques randomiser mod, completely different
>>
>>7598683
Wait until nightmare
Every screen has 2-3 boss packs usually
>>
>>7598923
Just make it in any old 4 sockets for now
Then make a really night high damage eth one later
It's a cheap rune word so you'll ever up with like 5 insights soon enough
>>
>>7599660
Just change the text file so it pierces again
Takes like 30sec to do
>>
>>7599415
>500 meph runs
>in first 60 runs, Azurewrath, Shako and Arach
>later Dracul's an some other stuff
>Ohm rune, several Ooooooms and an Ist
This luck.
>>
Am I right in thinking that despite having lower ED, right would have overall bigger dps than left because of the +6 in Critical?
>>
>>7599869
Yes.
>>
>>7599869
You should probably post the picture.
>>
File: comp.png (271 KB, 1112x642)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>7599869
>>7599872
>>7599883
Oh fuck me, here
>>
>>7599917
Yes, go for the right one. It'd be so close as to not really be worth thinking about though.
>>
>>7599917
It's also only +5 crit. So 25% vs 42% crit strike.
>>
>>7599924
>>7599931
Right. Thanks.
>only +5
I just realized that now.
>>
>>7599917
>not rerolling until you get perfect Insight
If you want to use it yourself, I would use a different base. Threshers have shit range.
If you want your merc to use it, you obviously need an eth base.
>>
>>7599984
I am tempted to reroll the imperfect meditation one but I gotta farm the runes first. I'll indeed give it to my merc until I get an eth one.
>>
Rakanishu!
>>
>really want to make auradin
>3os 41 all res pally drops
>but it's a 33 defense crown shield
Ahhhhhh. Fuck fuck fuck I don't know if I should make the dream in it or wait
>>
File: this is terrible.png (385 KB, 801x600)
385 KB
385 KB PNG
>Worst possible polearm
>Worst possible Meditation

Is this the shittiest Insight ever rolled by man?
>>
Druid is more fun than I remember, its a blast unleashing the forces of nature onto the hapless normal mode mobs.
Didn't really notice the gambling buff in the recent 1.15 patch, I guess I need more levels to feel the difference.
No more patches coming soon right? I don't wanna restart this guy
>>
>>7599415
ogtudo
>>
File: 1528590893725.jpg (83 KB, 600x900)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>7600147
>No more patches coming soon right?
Nothing to worry about, anon. Unless something majorly broken pops up, I have no plans for updates any time soon.

>I don't wanna restart this guy
No need to restart between patches.

...and yeah, higher level = better gambles, though even at lower levels it's still significantly better than regular gambling.
>>
>>7600173
I did notice I had an easier time getting rares, but only slightly. Need to gamble the lower level stuff to actually see the improvements I guess.
>No need to restart
Yeah, I finished hell on paladin across like 3-4 patches lol, but my autism demands that I don't dispose off obsolete uniques when a new patch rolls around
>>
>>7600201
Just curious, but did you feel any parts of the mod were too difficult? Or too easy? It's a difficult thing to judge because different builds and classes can have radically varying playthoughs.

I was close to making the nightmare and hell act bosses more powerful in the recent patch, but held off.
>>
>>7600219
Hmm, I did normal about 3 or so patches ago, and back then diablo completely pushed in my shit. Act V did get much easier though esp due to farming and pindle.
For nightmare, I think the stygian dolls gave me more trouble than they usually did but diablo was easier since I was better geared and his hose attack didn't affect me when I was right next to him (I dunno if that can be fixed).
Hell was difficult for my greedy mf-ing ass throughout. The most troubling opponents were the death knights in Act IV and the charging undeads in Act V. I dunno if I can mitigate their curses and charge attack better
>>
>>7600235
>back then diablo completely pushed in my shit
Yeah I wanted normal diablo to be just a bit more of an asshole.

>his hose attack didn't affect me when I was right next to him
Never thought of fixing that. Maybe I will at some point.

Thanks for the reply, anon.
>>
Why did no one tell me that you could move around arctic blast like a hose? Like damn this shit is fun. Also, I noticed if you just cast it and don't hold, it basically does about half dmg at 0 mana cost. Does the game count the cost at the end of each second as opposed to the beginning?
>>7600258
Thanks for your work on the mod anon, I wish I could give you more refined critique but my dumbass is super sleepy so I can't remember enough
>>
File: inf.png (2.21 MB, 1413x1033)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB PNG
>>7600330
spin2win
>>
>>7600330
>>7600367
>Why did no one tell me that you could move around arctic blast like a hose?
Those skills are fucked so no one cares about them. They deal 5/12th the damage they say they deal.
>>
File: 124145446582346.png (15 KB, 276x47)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>7600382
I care about it in this mod.
>>
>>7598770
You want to fuck him?
>>
>>7600437
You say you don't?
>>
Suppose we had a hypothetical scenario where a player had an older version of the game installed, along with a bunch of mods. Could he update it safely without having to fiddle around with those mods as well?
>>
Today I will find an Arachnid Mesh, I can feel it.
>>
File: the fuck.png (413 KB, 803x602)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>Shenk dropped this on normal difficulty
I know Enjoy-SP Mod was supposed to make it easier to get good stuff, but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>7600167
>>7599841
Wait until the next video. I'm doing 1000 LK runs. Shit's getting wild.
>>
>>7600740
ive been trying enjoySP as well
pretty much every boss pack drops 2 set items with 0 magic find.
but it's nice actually getting uniques from act bosses now.
>>
File: 0002804623_10.jpg (378 KB, 942x1200)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>fade cannibalizes shrine buffs
>act 5 mercs leveling up nukes their hp
>>
File: 20210402_222056[1129].jpg (2.89 MB, 4032x1960)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB JPG
its a crappy phone picture, but it's d2 with svens glide wrapper super sampled to 8k. it looks so good. no need for ressurected
>>
File: 1557196955405.jpg (96 KB, 615x593)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>7601635
>>
>>7601686
I turned off texture filtering
>>
Im playing SP Pluggy with a lvl 84 Fire/cold sorc.
I have mid level gear (well, maybe not even midlevel)
But Im bored of farming and not getting anything.
Im doing Hell Countess and Hell AT but barely drops anything (on /Players 1 and rougly 100 MF)

Need advice. What do I do now? I was trying to find some Runes from countess on hell, but all the runes so far are ultra low (even NM Countess dropped me better, and it was faster too)
Should I go back to NM Cows and farm mindlessly for a couple days? I wouldn't want to reset the map if I don't need to-
>>
>>7601770
Get more MF, seriously. Socket some pieces with topaz and/or make a wealth if you have to, but get more.
I'm pushing close to 200 with self found, and going from the ~50 or so I had before, it's night and day.

As for runes, you're in luck. Do p7 LK(lower kurast) with a good seed, look up how its done. Mind numbing as hell, but you will eventually get some high runes. That, or you could farm Hell cows, might even get some good bases.
>>
>>7601770
maybe take a break for a bit and lvl something else.
pretty easy to burn yourself out if you just do hundreds of AT runs every day.
use the gear you've farmed so far to lvl a fun build, like a bowzon or frenzy barb.
>>
>>7601817
<Get more MF, seriously
I have equipment with more MF, but I don't get to Kill quickly and consistently with it.
Well, or at least I couldn't a couple levels back.
Maybe I could give it another try.
>Do p7 LK(lower kurast)
I can't get pass the Claw Viper Temple on P1. IDK how much luck I'll need to make it all the way up to Kurast
>>
>>7601770
If you have low MF it's better and more efficient to run Mephisto. AT runs won't really be worth it until around 300+ MF.
>>
>>7601829
I'm not sure how your gear looks, but if it's at all possible, you'd be doing great to finish hell at least. That'd net you handful of goodies to make farming easier, the +10 resist all namely being huge. Cheese as much as you can, if you get a mob with modifiers perfectly aligned to ruin your day, then reset and try again, pump super rejuvs, go at a snail's pace, respec and optimize for every area and/or boss, anything.

Don't forget "other" progression methods. I'm not an expert on this, but look into crafting. With some luck, you can make some incredible jewelry with P amethyst + any jewel + (magic ring+ral or magic amulet +amn(if i remember correctly)), but the kicker is the resulting jewelry is based on your char level, the higher the better(you'll need to google for more details). That said, if you're in dire need, that might be worth the gamble now, not later.
Also, if you've been neglecting your Merc, try to give him some love, or at least an insight or something.
>>
>>7601817
>>7601823
>>7601853
>>7601880
Thanks a lot.
I'll try.
>>
>>7601829
oh, farm andariel for now, nevermind Mephisto if you can't get past CVT.
Lost City is also a good place to level up and find some items.
>>
>>7601926
Items to look for would be
>Shako, Vipermagi, SoJ
can all drop from andariel although the last one will be hard to find.
Also look at Rhyme on a Bone Shield and Smoke on an armor.
>>
>>7601934
Funny enough, I got a SoJ from Gheed while farming andariel for SoJ.
I quit trying to farm Andariel because it didn't drop much, but I was able to make the run fairly quickly. I could try again, now with more MF.
>>
>>7601939
>Funny enough, I got a SoJ from Gheed while farming andariel for SoJ.
Then you're lucky aint you. Anyway, p3 will be the best for Andy if you can manage.
It all takes some time and patience and you will be rewarded. Hell acts 1 and 2 can be pretty tough for a sorc but act 3 onwards will be better.
>>
>Not playing the game on your cell phone
Step it up bros
>>
>>7601962
Can I do it on an iPad?
>>
>>7601962
>they took this from us
It's not fair, bros...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjVdPtB9lU
>>
Is there a chart for the good base items for runewords?
>>
How much does a javazon really need dodge/avoid/evade? Should I just stick one point in each and pile up the rest to lightning skills and the leftovers to Pierce? Or can I do better?
>>
>>7602024
This maybe
https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo2/comments/8lrl5a/overview_of_best_bases/

Disclaimer I'm not an expert, but these seem to be accurate. Though in-depth explanations as to why each item is chosen was not always given(interestingly, this 2 year old comment was edited as recently as 16 days ago). Do a little digging on each item if you're unsure.
>>
>>7601962
>>7602023
>>7601969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
>>
>>7602049
Thanks.
>>
>>7602049
I assume that these can "easily" be found in cow level hell, right?
>>
>>7602117
Yep, any level 85 easy and/or high-density zones(like ancient tunnels or WSK) are also great. If you're playing single player, go for as high of player count as you can handle for more loot, and drop your MF to zero if possible.
>>
>>7602157
Right. I'll try completing the runeword grail too.
>>
What's a good place to farm Sigon? Still need the armor, the boots, and the gloves.
>>
Can we please get drop calcs added to the actual OP post from here on out? Not just the pastebin? Half of the posts in these fucking threads are retards asking "durr where do thing drop? plz spoonfeed".

>>7602221
All of these are drop calcs. Use one of them.

http://mfb.bplaced.net/dropcalc/index.php

http://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php

http://gomule.sourceforge.net

http://atma.incgamers.com
>>
>>7602029
Dodge and avoid are controversial since they put you into an animation every time they proc, which can only be reduced by Fanaticism in vanilla. Also, animations are bugged since 1.10, so they can make you do additional fake anims which needlessly waste time. Evade is safe though since it has no anim.
>>
Anyone else pick this up recently in anticipation for the remake?

I started playing PoD about a month ago and I am so fucking addicted to it that I think I may need to delete it and deal with the withdrawals.
>>
File: 12543587456894568.jpg (48 KB, 640x640)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>7602461
>Anyone else pick this up recently in anticipation for the remake?
>I started playing PoD
Many such cases. Not me though, been playing more or less yearly since 2000.
>>
File: 1540805290421.png (1.3 MB, 743x800)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
Started a 'gamble only' bowazon. Wish me good roll luck, mates.
>>
>>7602470
>many such cases

Yeah, it definitely seems that way. I thought maybe D2 was only addictive because back when I was 15 there wasn't anything else quite like it, but holy FUCK man-- the game dishes out rewards at such a perfect pace that I can barely stop myself from grinding until i feel physically ill.
>>
>>7602475
good luck.
>>
>>7602489
Wait til you get to end game farming with decent MF. Each meph run gets more addicting.
>>
>>7601962
How did you do that and how does it play?
>>
Do you ever actually use gems or skulls for socketing? How does it work out for you?
>>
>>7602771
topaz for mf and whatever I find while leveling act 1. About it.

There are also so really specific uses for skulls, like physical bowazons can make good use of skulls socketed in a weapon in the mid game when you don't need attack speed and aren't planning on using the weapon in end game.
>>
>>7602771
topaz on helms for early magic find, rubies on helms for life, and emerald on weapons for poison unless my character specializes on an element.
pdiamond and prubies on shields for resistance for hell
>>
am i going insane or does act2 combat merc in 1.15 have prayer and a curse?
>>
>>7602981
he's probably livin on a prayer
>>
File: merc.png (2.19 MB, 1411x1021)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>7602981
>curse
What do you mean?

I saw your post, decided to test and this guy has done nothing for 5 mins but use prayer. Is it an item you gave him?
>>
>>7600740
That mod is pretty weird. One time I got a SoJ from normal Andariel, this playthrough the first ten or so set items and uniques were large shields.
>>
>>7603004
i gave him a 33% chance confusion weapon but i think he also uses amp dmg
>>
>>7603094
There's no amp at all on yours or his gear? How often does it happen? Sure it wasn't an enemy?
>>
File: 1523958041193.jpg (12 KB, 300x300)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>7603094
>33% to cast confusion
>surely it couldn't be the boss in a pack casting amp on his confused minions
>there's no way that could be true
>no, the merc must be broken
>>
>>7603106
>>7603135
nevermind, i just tested and didn't see it, mod is fine, i'm not
>>
File: de seis loot.png (371 KB, 799x601)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
Bit redundant there.
>>
File: gg.png (374 KB, 1371x844)
374 KB
374 KB PNG
>>7603192
>redundant
>>
>>7603192
Guess you could say he had a bone to pick with you.
>>
File: carlos choke.png (415 KB, 1266x688)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>7603203
>>
File: rockfleece.png (206 KB, 387x449)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
1.15 anon, rockfleece's got -10% requirements instead of clay golem oskill
>>
>>7603326
Thought I fixed that. Fuck me.

I'll add it to a list. Thanks anon!
>>
Is it worth it to go all in on one element as sorc if you still don't have Infinity? Say go full blizz sorc for farming
>>
>>7603717
If you choose the right place to farm.
>>
File: FORCEOFNATURE.png (2 MB, 1279x957)
2 MB
2 MB PNG
A few more levels to armageddon and becoming a pseudo auradin, I can't wait to see how badly I get gimped in hell
>>
>>7603726
makes sense
>>
>>7603717
prolly boring tho
>>
File: the great storyteller.png (399 KB, 799x602)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>D1 NPCs are distinct and memorable
>Great voice acting, hammy and hilariousfrom the get-go ("I SENSE a soul in search for ANSWERS.")
>Quest dialogue and gossip is interesting, sometimes useful
>Cain's got great stories, Griswold is friendly and boisterous, Wirt a sarcastic asshole, Ogden has the best fest quest, Farnham's ramblings are hilarious
>Really only Gillian is forgettable

>D2 NPCs just meld together into one big mass
>Voice acting is bland
>Greetings by time of day or otherwise generic ("How can I help you?" "Blessings to you" etc.)
>Other dialogue tends to state the most obvious things or otherwise guides the player onward, very little personality or lore to be had
>Poor Cain has completely fallen from grace, see image
>Only Lysander, Ormus, and Alkor are memorable, and even then not to the extent of D1

>Warlord of Blood, some rando that may not show up in the game at all, gives a great badass Blood Knight speech
>Andariel, the first boss and one of the big shots in Hell, the mistress of mental anguish: "Die, maggot!"
>Leoric and Lazarus are just a dead king and some corrupt priest, but they both got great speeches
>Mephisto masterminded everything that happened in these games, just says you're too late
>Izual, had he shown up in D1: "How much suffering, mortal, does it take to lose your grace? Let me show you."
>Izual in D2: "Save yourself!"
>Diablo's "Not even death can save you from me" was pretty cool though

>D1 shrines: weird and spooky, with cryptic names and a koan
>D2 shrines: straightforward, even the name says it all, and the line is just some shit like "You feel healthy"

>Hell, even the complaints about full inventory
>In D1, the warrior's genuinely annoyed "I've got to pawn some of this stuff" is great
>In D2, it's just the same old "I'm overburdened" for the lot of them

How come D2's writing is so uninspired? It still had the same writers, didn't it?

Did they just half-ass it because by then they'd realized no one really cared?
>>
>>7603875
>complaining about writing in an action RPG
If you are awaiting some pat on the back, you are not getting it.
>>
>>7603824
well I just wanted to try.
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 351x239)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>7598197
Ugh, I downloaded Diablo II + LoD expansion, installed it, then tried to install OPs link and I get this error, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>7603996
Did the game work prior to the mod? What version are you using? Did you follow the instructions properly?
>>
>>7603936
Just an observation, and wondering aloud how it came to be and why they couldn't make such a bang-up job as they did with the first game.

To "complain" is to try and get something changed, or at least to get compensation. I'm about twenty-two years late for that. And it's not such a big deal anyway.
>>
>>7603996
You probably installed the wrong version of the mod. Make sure whether it's 113 or 114.
>>
>>7603996
check your diablo 2's version and then copy the d2data.mpq from the folder with the same name as your diablo 2's version
>>
>>7604045
>>7604029
>>7604036
Gotcha, thanks anon, I'll reinstall in this order:

>Diablo II downloaded from Blizzard's website
>Diablo II:LoD downloaded from Blizzard's website
>Diablo Patch (where to get this from?)
>OPs link
>>
>>7604080
If you're downloading straight from blizzard, there's no need to download the patch from some website. Install D2+ LoD, then just open the game and click on Battle Net. That will auto-update.

Then install the mod version for 1.14.
>>
>>7604092
Oh gotcha, fucking A, thanks man.
>>
>>7604092
What if you already put up some mods? Would you need to reinstall those after updating the game?
>>
>>7604101
I have absolutely no idea and it's probably dependant on the mod. Switching from say 1.14b to 1.14d would be much less likely to fuck up than say 1.13c to 1.14d, though.
>>
File: stash.png (345 KB, 800x603)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
Do you stash stuff to sell it in the next act over if you'd make more money out of it than the current act's maximum?

Even if you don't actually need money on anything?
>>
>>7604138
That's too autistic for even me. I'd only do it in a gamble only challenge or something, and even then probably not.
>>
>>7604138
yes. for gambling.
>>
Are you guys playing Single Player?
>>
>>7604176
Seems to be what the overwhelming majority here do. A couple play Project Diablo II, but I tend to laugh at them.

I haven't played online in over a decade.
>>
>>7604182
>I haven't played online in over a decade.
Same here, I was wondering if it's worth these days.
>>
>>7604189
When the remaster launches, for sure.
>>
>>7604192
Gotcha, I'm excited too. They are going to release the game based on which version? 1.14?
>>
>>7604198
It'll probably be a new 1.15 version or even 1.16.
>>
>>7604176
We've played this game for over twenty years - we pretty much need mods to give it something of a fresh spin, and you can't do those on multiplayer.
>>
>>7604214
I used to enjoy PvP mostly desu, I miss that, can't wait for resurrected.
>>
>>7604092
>If you're downloading straight from blizzard, there's no need to download the patch from some website
What if I don't have a CD Key and I downloaded Diablo II from a torrent?
>>
File: gem flush.png (355 KB, 804x603)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
Since I'm already airing all my autism here, this always makes me feel good.
>>
>>7604253
Here, scroll right to the bottom.

http://plugy.free.fr/en/index.html
>>
>>7604260
>1.14a, 1.14b, 1.14c, 1.14d
Oh God, how do I know which version I choose? I have LODPatch_113d installed.
>>
>>7604276
>1.14d
That one, unless a specific mod you're using asks otherwise.
>>
>>7604284
It worked, thanks anon. Last question (I hope). How can I play windowed mode?
>>
File: wind.png (2 KB, 435x44)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>7604292
Right click your d2 icon and create a shortcut. Then open properties of the shortcut and add -w to the target line.
>>
>>7604256
Cute Saigon set.
>>
File: file.png (1.05 MB, 939x727)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB PNG
>>7604304
Based. Thank you man. I'll start with a necro right away.
>>
>>7604324
Enjoy!
>>
>>7604324
Show squelette
>>
>>7598197
>https://pastebin.com/DLATpsH6
Is this link not working or is it me?
>>
>>7604341
works for me
>>
>>7604324
>not an anime girl wallpaper
Nigga, fix ur life. And wallpaper.
>>
File: doot.png (1.24 MB, 1411x1027)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>7604335
>Show squelette
Gotchu, senpai.
>>
>>7602029
Depending on the situation, those defensive abilities can actually get you killed more.
Or: you get stuck in dodging animations unable to move while you're getting your ass kicked

But worth it for the Valkyrie
>>
>>7602221
Really common, it'll drop constantly while farming other shit.
Technically act 1 normal but you wouldn't waste your time farming there normally

Good set though
>>
File: soj.png (322 KB, 800x602)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>Been playing intermittently since launch
>Never found a SoJ
>Until now
Thank you, goatman unique whose name I already forgot!
>>
>>7602771
I have a tirtirtir helm for free mana.
I also have a triple ruby helm and quad ruby body for some early Hp, especially on characters that don't really need stealth but need more survivability early on.
Been thinking of making a thorns paladin and slapping 4 skills into a shield for him
Lastly, amethyst and ruby can be useful early if you need the str or dex to equip early, powerful gear. Death set comes to mind, prob the most powerful early game melee weapon you can use but you usually can't equip it at LVL 6 cuz not enough str/dex
>>
>>7602771
Larzuk slots in random uniques/set items to add more MF (topaz) or resists (diamond)
>>
>>7603717
Pure cold sorc is fine for meph, ancient tunnels and for mausoleum runs
>>
I haven't played since multiplayer, is 1.14 the way to go in order to get familiar quickly when resurrected launches?
>>
>>7604476
Yes
>>
>>7604478
Gotcha, I used to play 1.11 lmao, I had a Sorcerer with Frozen Orb, a Hammerin and a PvP Necro. Is a sorcerer a good way to start playing solo in order to get gear?
>>
>>7604514
Yeah sorcs are still as overpowered as always.
>>
File: ammy.png (167 KB, 471x323)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
Interesting
>>
Why is this game so comfy bros
>>
>>7604570
Because it reminds us of better times.
>>
>>7604594
I guess you are right, my dad was alive back then, but life is better overall these days, I'm grateful for that.
>>
>>7604612
>but life is better overall these days
if you're a tranny or a nigger, sure.
>>
>>7604627
I live in a rural area away from everything with my tradwife. Not rich but trying to make it with crypto. Also not in USA. So yeah, life is comfy here, still I see trannies here and there when I go out for shopping stuff but whatev.
>>
File: 1541637514741.jpg (77 KB, 640x617)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>7604612
>but life is better overall these days
I'm glad your life is better, anon, but life as a whole has been acceleratingly worse over the last 20 years.

I was watching molymemes video on the fall of rome and god damn is that a blackpill in how well it mirrors the west today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGYVWrjRMXU
>>
File: baal.png (162 KB, 366x202)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
T-thanks baal
>>
>>7604627
>>7604643
We've had a lot more progress towards the better than the worst in the past twenty years. It's just that the news love to hammer in all the bad shit, because that's what people like to read.

Don't read the news. It just makes you feel like shit.
>>
>>7604643
I cannot deny that fren, you are totally right, but I'm a follower of Christ so I don't worry too much about that. I used to visit /pol/ so bad until the end of last year, that shit rotted my brain a bit.
>>
File: 1546859811517.jpg (79 KB, 646x797)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>7604670
>Don't read the news.
That's the thing. I literally don't. I've not had a tv connection in my house for almost 10 years now and I don't read the paper, nor do I look at online news sources.

>>7604673
>but I'm a follower of Christ
Me too! Happy Easter, if you're not one of those eastern churchgoers.

...and yeah, /pol/ is a self inflicted spiritual and mental masochism truth bomb. Or at least it used to be, it's become much shittier in the last 3 or so years, with the last 1 year being a particularly massive decrease in quality. I'm not sure why it's become THIS bad.
>>
Are werebear builds any good for solo hell? If so what should the point allocation look like and if it's not, what druid builds should I try out instead?
>>
Shill me a good MF Frozen orb sorc build pls
>>
File: Pick your character.jpg (417 KB, 959x639)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>7602060
>>
>>7604176
Why yes I do play singleplayer Diablo II LoD with Plugy and BasedMod.
>>
File: 1528726167069.jpg (119 KB, 1080x1080)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>7604738
Fucking love Twin Peaks.

>>7604723
Do something other than the standard frozen orb meteor metashit. Try something like a frozen orb/enchant hybrid.

>>7604717
>Are werebear builds any good for solo hell?
Yes, very tanky and can get decent damage.

>If so what should the point allocation look like
Fireclaws/Maul are main attacks. Find a heavy hitting melee weapon like a maul or big sword. Shockwave for crowd control. Fill in skills around that like lycanthropy, synergies and a a bit into summoning if you want.
>>
>>7604765
>anon asks for good FO mf build
>anon suggests doing something other than the standard frozen orb meteor metashit
>something like an enchant build
>>
File: ammy2.png (132 KB, 358x321)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
Hell yeah, now we're talking
>>
>>7604798
Do the meteorb build then. It's brainlet tier easy.
>>
>>7604765
Thanks for the advice on the werebear anon
>>
>>7604803
It's actually not easy but one of the most technical meta builds in this game.
>>
>>7604798
>>7604723
You want gear advice or skill structure? I don't understand why you're even asking this question. All sorc builds are the fucking same.

+skills, faster cast rate, resistance, magic find. Pick one or two skills and pump them + synergies. Teleport and telekinesis.

>>7604809
>technical
>meteorb
Yeah getting the hang of the meteor timing is real difficult.
>>
>>7604819
>Yeah getting the hang of the meteor timing is real difficult.
Except you are not really using meteor that much. If you think otherwise, you've never played this build and on the off chance you did, you played it like a pleb.
>>
Does anyone know how the intangible hireling bug works? It seems to only happen when he wields set body armor, but I don't get exactly what triggers it.
>>
File: 1616013242677.jpg (7 KB, 250x201)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>7604819
>You want gear advice or skill structure?
I'm wondering about the skill structure, which one is more OP, frozen orb + fire or frozenorb + light?

>don't understand why you're even asking this question.
I'm trying to figure out which is the main build I'll start in Resurrected online for MF so I'm playing 1.14d kek
>>
>>7604857
If you want an optimal lightning build, you go it all the way or you don't go it at all. FO + fire is better.
>>
>>7604874
Ty fren.
>>
File: 1612881885958.jpg (134 KB, 868x752)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
I'm so fucking hyped for resurrected.
>>
File: Screenshot030.jpg (588 KB, 800x600)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
>mod has over 1600 uniques
>even changed some vanilla uniques
Imagine if someone actually tried to grail this insanity
>>
>>7604092
I dl from Blizzard and still had to update to 1.14b to 1.14d.

Playing a Necro for the first time, is there any easy way to tell how many skellies I have out? Right now I just raise a new one every fight or two to top them off.
Also, back around 1.10 the game had two different Azurewraths, a low-level version (maybe a crystal sword) and the newer high-level version. Did they ever change that?
>>
>>7605559
There should be a number on the squelette's portrait that shows how many you have at the time. The low level version of azure is actually called Lightsabre, both this and Azurewrath are unique phase blades but with different stats and damage.
>>
>>7605386
which mod?
>>
>>7605559
That was a 1.09 thing, I think they removed it in 1.10 when they added the phase blade version.
>>
>>7605559
The crystal sword version can no longer drop.

>>7605587
Azurewrath used to be the unique crystal sword until they added the newer version with the same name as a second unique phase blade with totally different stats. I believe when they introduced the phase blade version, they disabled the crystal sword version and it could no longer drop. though the crystal sword form continued to exist across battle.net, as many people still had them, and they didn't disappear with the change. Some likely still exist on non-ladder battle.net even to this day. but they haven't been able to drop for many years now.
>>
Is 1.15 and Project Diablo the same shit?
>>
>>7605559
>>7605693
>>7605820
do weapons that differ from patch to patch still carry over? e.g. would i be able to find a crystal version of azure in 1.09 and then use it in 1.14b even though it can't drop in 1.14b? or do they simply get converted to the revised version? maybe there's some extra fun to be had in targeting specific patch versions of items. is there any kind of resource for info on item differences between each patch?
>>
>>7605878
>do weapons that differ from patch to patch still carry over?
Yes, some of the OG stuff is still around. This list may be partially what you're looking for, or a good jumping off point. If not, might be entertaining at least.
https://www.d2trophy.com/the-complete-guide-to-bugged-diablo-2-items/
>>
File: Charsi special.jpg (146 KB, 904x755)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>7605901
Jesus, someone had a lot of fun with this monstrosity.
>>
>>7605901
>>7605914
holy shit this is something I've never even thought about before. a set or a decent roll is one thing, but an item that can never be obtained again? imagine being the guy who found that one perfect stat item that was never duped and you take it with you on a 21 year adventure and then sell it for a few thousand one day. that's fucking legendary
>>
>>7605901
Wouldn't it be easy to duplicate some of these items on hero editor?
>>
If I'm farming pindles, What am I looking for? Seems like nothing good drops from him. Do I have to increase my mf more?
>>
For the purposes of defense and block efficacy, which movement state are you in while whirling? Is you defense cut by a third as if you were running? If you toggle walk beforehand can you avoid the defense cut? Or does whirlwind movement not affect defense like regular movement?
>>
>>7605874
No
>>
>>7605991
>What am I looking for?
How the fuck should we know. What's your build and class? What are you looking for?

>Seems like nothing good drops from him
He can drop everything in the game except Arachnid Mesh, Azurewrath and Tyrael's Might.

>Do I have to increase my mf more?
How much do you have? We aren't psychic. He doesn't drop as often as bosses, but people farm him because he's very quick to get to.
>>
>>7606012
Doesn't matter if running/walking and defence is the same as walking, while using ww.
>>
>Toss a Lightning Fury into a huge crowd
>It pierces everybody, hits the wall behind them, and bounces back at them one more rain of bolts
Probably the most satisfying thing in the entire game. There's something so aesthetically gratifying in how it happens.
>>
>>7606372
Trapsin. 400% magic find. P3. Nvm I was just too impatient.
>>
Pindle farming is done for highest tier uniques and sets. Even though you mostly get shit blues and yellows out of him, he should drop those TC80+ uniques and sets more often than say act bosses because he is very close and you can kill him like twice per minute. He also drops two magical items instead of just one, which makes him better than normal boss packs. About 200-300 mf should be fine.
>>
>>7606616
>400% magic find.
More than enough. Probably even worth swapping 50% out for more speed/damage if possible.

>P3
Pindle drops aren't affected by player count. Do him on P1.
>>
File: thunder.png (125 KB, 464x224)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
This is just getting silly now
>>
>>7606649
non modded lightning sorc can get over 100,000 damage
>>
>>7606625
I'll argue that p3 is better if the kill speed is the same, his minions can drop high runes and higher player count affects that.
>>
>>7606659
Sure if it really doesn't slow you down at all.
>>
>>7606653
uhh, with all synergies and about 30 skill level? No wonder they say sorc's OP
>>
>lords of destruction
>fanatism
>ball
>mahna
>>
>>7606672
With skill level 40+ and all that delicious - enemy lres equipment. It's not easy to reach that level of damage.
>>
Where can I get the older patches? I wanna try 1.09
>>
>>7606809
See
>>7604260
>>
>>7606813
Thank you
>>
File: Screenshot034.jpg (597 KB, 800x600)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
>>7605619
Unique Monster's Revenge. Makes unique monsters tougher and also includes a fourth difficulty level. Also open source, so it is easy to merge it with other mods.
>>
File: patch error.png (5 KB, 441x215)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
I tried to patch my game but it gives me this error message. Then it prompts me to start the game. When I try to, it says "storm.dll" is missing and gives me an "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION".

The fuck?
>>
>>7606897
This is why you install Cactus or D2SE.
>>
>>7606856
Do you have a link? All I can find is some broken french site.
>>
File: drunk.jpg (46 KB, 700x461)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>7606898
It looks like D2SE only goes up to 1.13, so Cactus it is.

Can it unfuck the damage I've already done? The pastebin link has a whole lot of technical coding text I can't begin to understand, and the zip I downloaded is a bunch of source code that's equally Hebrew to me.

I just wanted to do a quick update before I went on to do all the actually important responsibilities of today. How bad could it be, I thought? Well, now it's all I can obsess over.

Could someone run me through this shit?
>>
>>7606924
It would help if you were even slightly specific in what you're trying to do.

What version are you moving from and to?
>>
>>7606929
From 1.12 to 1.14d.

I also had PlugY installed, as well as Enjoy-SP Mod. That's all mod-wise.
>>
File: 1517718869297.jpg (31 KB, 447x528)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>7606940
>1.12
>I also had PlugY installed, as well as Enjoy-SP Mod.
Well that's going to absolutely shit the bed when updating. Why the hell were you in 1.12 in the first place? Whatever.

I assume you're a faggot who's not actually paid for the game?

>You've likely ruined the installation you have right now.
>Backup your save files, plugy stash and then completely delete the game.
>install D2+Lod
>install the 1.14d patch from the PlugY website
>install plugy and enjoy-sp
>move save files and plugy stash back in, remember save files for 1.14+ are located in "C:\Users\INSERT USER\Saved Games\Diablo II"
>pray to god you've not wiped those like a retard
>>
>>7605386
>Imagine if someone actually tried to grail this insanity
I will. Give download.
>>
File: unique revenge.png (379 KB, 818x745)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
>>7606907
>>7606961
>https://mega.nz/file/lLAlAKwR#BUB_EVax4rEGGNq1pChURimWIwzZvH8XxQTxUGYS8rY
I have no idea where I got it from, I have hundreds and hundreds of mods installed on D2SE. But here's my version, set up for D2SE. I made it so you can select difficulty through the language setting.
>MOD and HEL are the same, the mod's default difficulty setting
>UBR is the fourth difficulty setting, meant for after you completed hell
>>
>>7606967
Thanks a ton!
>>
>>7606957
>Why the hell were you in 1.12 in the first place?
Honestly? Hell if I know. I think I only noticed it after a while, when I looked at the bottom-left title screen and saw the number. I thought I initially downloaded 1.13 or something.

>Backup your save files, plugy stash and then completely delete the game.
Which files are these? Just the whole "Mod PlugY" folder and, I don't know, d2char.mpq? Anything else? We've already established I'm a retard, you will have to tell me these things.

>install the 1.14d patch from the PlugY website
I think this is the step I missed. I'll have to do it this time around properly.

>pray to god you've not wiped those like a retard
Well, the folder stated above is empty, so.

How the fuck did it get wiped, anyway? Don't ask me, I'm a retard.
>>
File: abpNmyL_700b.jpg (50 KB, 700x461)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>7606980
Jesus Christ...are you a zoomer?

I'll do my best to help.

do a windows search for one of your characters names. e.g. 'Bob.d2s'. Open the location. That should give you the save files. Copy everything in there to a different location somewhere, perhaps a folder on your desktop.

Do another search for '_LOD_SharedStashSave.sss'. That is your plugy stash save. It might already be in the same spot as the character files. Copy all of that to another folder like above.

Now do the steps I laid out in the other post, moving your save files and plugy stash back in after installing the mods.
>>
>>7606991
>do a windows search for one of your characters names. e.g. 'Bob.d2s'
I didn't find anything by this name, but I found a whole lot of "hack.d2s" from the Mod PlugY save folder, the same folder where "_LOD_SharedStashSave.sss" was found. I don't know what's up with these. Did some weird combo of old game version and fucked-up installations name them like this, or is this some whole different thing?

Whatever. It's the best I've got, so I'll just grab these and see where that goes.
>>
File: ammy.png (407 KB, 793x595)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
>>7606967
Any idea what this is meant for?
>>
>>7605587
>>7605693
>>7605820
Thanks for the replies anons.

My skeletons don't show a number, could this be from a mod?
>>
>>7607038
You can cube it with an ID scroll to get a decent amulet. I only figured this out on my second character, but at that point it felt useless since stacking as much MF as possible is what this mod is all about.
>>
>>7607053
Thanks again.
>>
>>7605991
I never had much luck farming Pindle, even with high mf, but I also never had the patience to run him a lot. That fight isn't much fun for me, and my mf-ing Frenzy Barb didn't have a particularly easy time of it.
>>
>>7607064
>mf-ing Frenzy Barb
Put one point into howl. Scares off all the minions.
>>
>>7607065
That character is long gone. I think I had Howl, but I am positive I was too greedy to skip the minions. It took forever to hack through those guys.
>>
>>7607095
You must have been quite underpowered, then. You'd expect to kill pindle in less than 10 seconds from entering the portal.
>>
>>7607097
Probably so. I was loaded with mf gear and didn't know much about optimizing builds back then.
>>
>>7607020
How did it end up anon? Get everything working?
>>
File: tbaker.jpg (11 KB, 320x236)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>7607248
Works fine, though sure enough, the save got nuked. I started a new game and its saves were all put in the folder they should have been, so the old one was already deleted by the failed attempt to update. I'm still not sure how that could have happened.

So I started a new game. Shame about all the lost runes and some high-level gear I'd stashed up for the next guy, but what can you do. The very first chest dropped like five rares. I'll survive.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>7607283
Shame. Glad you got it working though.
>>
>>7607283
so learning from your mistake, I should run the game once and hten dump my saves on the folder so that I won't lose them?
>>
>>7607337
With mods and version changes, it's always a good idea to backup your saves every now and then.
>>
File: thanks pindle.png (103 KB, 461x605)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
Pindle just dropped me a Lo which I thought was an Io. thanks Pindle.
>>
File: 1242437643584523.png (348 KB, 791x595)
348 KB
348 KB PNG
Thanks for the recommendation of Unique Monsters Revenge, anon. It's really damn fun.

I'm enjoying not having a detailed changelog for the mod, as it's nice to discover, say, you can gamble charms or that the act 1 merc uses multishot. The uniques are cool and I really like the tougher boss packs you come across, though the aoe poison is nuts.

I actually think I will Holy Grail this, at least til D2R.
>>
File: iseeyou.png (4 KB, 196x19)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
I saw that.
>>
>>7607428
KEK
>>
>>7607428
lol, it still makes me giggle.
>>
>>7607390
that club will get you through just about everything up till the end of act 2
>D2R
kill yourself
>>
File: 1550454331184.jpg (20 KB, 246x367)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>7607543
>D2R
>kill yourself

>not at least trying a torrent
>>
>start bliz sorc
>normal is grindy
>NM and Hell take 20 minutes each
haha time for MEPHISTO
>>
File: THANKS.jpg (471 KB, 800x600)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
PINDLE, MY MAN.
>>
Oak Sage or Heart of the Wolverine?
>>
>>7607960
Brainlet question.

Depends on what your build is, as well as if you're a) dying too much or b) need more chance to hit. Obvious.
>>
>>7607960
Heart is higher level, therefore objectively better.

I don't get why it's even a debate.
>>
>>7607960
Spirit of Barbs.
>>
>>7601635
Imagine playing 800x600 in 8K lawl
>>
>>7608096
To be fair all he wanted to do was play Diablo 2 in fullscreen. If he ran it at just 800x600 it would have used the monitor's possibly shitty scaler with bilinear blur.
>>
I'm about to hop into the cow level with 152% MF, that's fine for farming bases, right? I can't really drop it to 0. Dropping my Gheed's will drop it further to around 120
>>
>>7608224
You want it as low as possible for bases. The lower the better. 0% is best.
>>
>>7608231
I'll try messing around with the gear, the +amazon skill ammy I have has around 20 same with the rare gloves, it's tricky.
>>
File: NecroDead.jpg (10 KB, 332x276)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>7598761
Best mechanically (Clearing content): Sorc > Pally > Druid > Zon > Necro > Barb > Sin

COOLEST: Necro > Pally > Druid > Zon > Barb > Sorc > Sin
>>
>>7598761
Because I'm a casual singleplayer bleb that has no idea of the deeper intricacies of the system but has managed to more or less beat the game with each class at least once, I'm just going to rate them by how fun they are to play.

Druid > Amazon > Paladin > Assassin > Necromancer > Sorceress > Barbarian
>>
>>7606856
interesting.
wish how often EnjoySP is dropping uniques for me, i wonder if I can add Unique Monster's Revenge in there for a few thousand more items to find.
It'd literally be the perfect game for me then.
>>
>>7606924
no reason to go past 1.13 unless you want to play online with a bunch of hacking russians and bots
>>
>>7607283
just think of it like a ladder reset.
>>
>>7607960
Oak Sage 99.999% of the time.
>>
>>7608629
I don't remember ladder resets also deleting my characters.
>>
>>7608617
Unique Monster's Revenge actually has a significantly better than regular unique drop rate. Not on the level of enjoy sp, but I've dropped about 80 uniques/sets so far and I've just hit act 5.

Being fair I have grinded meph ~10 times and do have 150% mf. But even then, that many uniques in such a short time is ridiculous.
>>
>>7608224
Doesn't matter even with 300. Normal mobs have pretty low chance of dropping magical items and 300 magic find only triples it. The difference is like instead of 1-3 % you get 3-9%, and 9 % feels very overestimated. I have plugy stash full of normal bases and I always rock 200 % magic find at least.
>>
Anons that have been posting webms, what do you use to record them? I assume it's something like obs then a webm converter?
>>
File: 12236243634473458.webm (2.8 MB, 788x590)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
>>7608814
just testing
>>
File: pure bear dude.webm (1.36 MB, 800x600)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB WEBM
>>7608617
If you want to go full autism, you could also add in Talonrage's plugin kit, which has:
>1300 new uniques (+the 1300 something from Super Unique Revenge)
>100 new sets
>272 new recipes
>1707 new affixes
And if you want to go even further beyond, you could put in 1.15's modified vanilla uniques and 1.15 or Super Unique Revenge's set changes. I'm tempted now to try and make some abomination like that myself.

>>7608814
I just use the Windows 10 default recorder + webms for retards.
>>
>>7608861
Please do it! I'll play whatever frankensteins monster you create.
>>
Can any of you tell me if the mod you were creating anon has been completed? Do we have anything playable?
>>
File: 1612550962409.webm (2.06 MB, 800x600)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB WEBM
>>7608892
Are you talking about the mod that was pastebinned back and forth for months then suddenly stopped? If so, it's 90% done, but the idea guy disappeared on me, so it's probably vaporware.

Or if you are referring to the mod that I posted webms of occasionally half a year ago, then that one is also 90% done but dead since I got annoyed by it.
>>
>>7608951
>Are you talking about the mod that was pastebinned back and forth for months then suddenly stopped? If so, it's 90% done, but the idea guy disappeared on me, so it's probably vaporware.
this
>>
>>7608861
fuck i might add Talonrage's as well.
I was so fucking sick of constantly getting Sigon's and Isenhart's drops.
>>
File: 1528355493762.jpg (132 KB, 2048x2048)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>7608861
>Nearly 3000 uniques to find
I kinda want to grail it.
>>
>>7608892
>>7608951
Sorry about that, I'm still around but I haven't had chances to properly sit down and theorycraft the charge stuff. Although, I do already have a pretty good picture of how the numbers should go, so it shouldn't be long now once I get to it.
>>
>>7608871
Okay, it will take me a few days to complete, I'll post it when it's done. Note that it won't be compatible with vanilla saves, unless you want some of the items to be weaker than they should be. If we want to go all the way, then I could also bloat it out with Diablo 1 and Infinity Engine monsters to make it the most abominable mod ever conceived.

>>7609036
No worries, I'll still be ready to work on it whenever you are ready.
>>
>>7609082
The items alone would be plenty fun, no need to throw your life away doing something like this.
>>
>>7609082
>not only that, but also Diablo 1 and Infinity Engine monsters
Did I just time travel back to mid-late 00s?
>>
>>7609094
I mod for fun. Creating a mutt mod that feels different every time you play it due to the sheer amount of stacked content would be hilarious. Creating monsters is the most fun part of modding too, since there's so much you can do with them. All the graphics have already been set up for use in Diablo 2, so if I plan things out right I should be able to add them and stat them in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>7609154
Well that's awesome, man.
>>
>>7598197
Holy shit did like 5 runs total of AT and I already dropped a Ber.
Does basemod/plugy increase drop chances of high runes or something?
>>
>>7609357
They don't, that was just crazy luck.
>>
>>7609364
I'll take it then. I just started doing Pindle/Cows/AT to hunt for bases and this drops in like the 3rd or 4th run, it seemed incredibly odd. Thanks RNG god.
>>
ZOD RUNE BOISSSSS
after years of getting shit for runes, I finally got a high rune, and oh boy, WHAT a high rune
>>
>>7608749
I'll try that. I had good drops of bases 5 runs in. Monarchs, Threshers and such along with gems I can use to put sockets in em.
>>
>>7609593
not even 5min later I got a Jah rune from a random Pindle zombie
>>
silospen is down?
>>
Am I a faggot for playing Project Diablo?
>>
>>7609853
If you play it just to go with what's popular, then yes.
But if you are enjoying it, then affirmative.
>>
>>7609858
Lmao I'm actually enjoying it. So I played a lot in my teen years, I haven't played Diablo II in more than 15 years, I started playing solo and it was so fun, but then I started trying Project Diablo online and dude those memories, the runs, the trades, everything, just feels like home, I'm actually fucking hyped about it lmaoooo
>>
File: 1585833352564.png (144 KB, 350x445)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
> "We aim to maintain the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction experience and provide consistent ladder resets while improving on the game as if development never ceased."
>>
>>7609942
That's so pretentious.
>>
>>7609945
It is?
>>
>>7609945
Disingenuous, to say the least.
>>
File: cruel fools.png (405 KB, 797x621)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
i just want to LLD on a 30 VT and do private HLD 4v4s and 1v1 GM amapk bros.
also
>not ethereal/repair
>>
File: 1616714762298.jpg (58 KB, 650x320)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>multiple anons per thread finding high runes
>I STILL have not found higher than a vex despite being a neet and playing every day
>>
>>7610291
Enjoy-SP will be your salvation.
>>
Diablo II remastered alpha is coming in a few days. :)
>>
File: scruffy.png (239 KB, 468x351)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>7610603
>>
File: overworked version 3.png (34 KB, 632x814)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>https://mega.nz/file/AfowkQga#PVlKyMzuhqKz3kxqfHAnFYplllM79jxXadrVAll7Viw
A new version of the bug fixed Overworked Txt Files is out. It mostly fixes enemy monster bugs.
>>
File: fuck this shit.webm (1.39 MB, 792x592)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB WEBM
Fucking DESPISE mod makers who raise the level of early game monsters. Anyone of you who has ever done this deserves to be dragged screaming from your house and into the street, put in full public view as your skin is flayed from your body with chain whips.

There is NOTHING fun about this and it makes me instantly uninstall your mod. Every fucking monster takes 20 hits because you miss so much.

I am level fucking 7 here.
>>
>>7598761
Sin > Zon > Necro > Sorc > the rest
>>
>>7611141
Thanks!
>>
>>7611161
Shit, it's like skipping Normal and going straight to Nightmare.
>>
File: gems.png (27 KB, 296x294)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Show me your gem arrangement artwork.
>>
>>7607562
why the fuck would I "try a torrent" of a vastly inferior game made by a chinese company for fucking nubliz? I repeat, kill yourself you swine.
>>
File: kys.png (272 KB, 296x461)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>7611215
You first.
>>
>>7611215
No. Pleb.
>>
>be a druid
>be werebear for the defense bonus
>pour all skill points into lycanthropy and oak sage
>pour all stat points into vitality
>(I can always respec a bit if I find really good gear)
>get a mercenary with the Defiance aura
>laugh at Duriel's pathetic attempts at harming me

Okay so it's not as flashy as, say, Hammerdin, but I still find there to be something immensely satisfying in wading through the demonic hosts, receiving scratch damage at worst, and individually and methodically putting down every single one of them like they were but trash.

Despair.
>>
File: Screenshot001.jpg (540 KB, 800x600)
540 KB
540 KB JPG
>>7611204
Always one off.
>>
Post yfw D2R preorder bonus is a set of enigma runes
>>
>>7611638
>someone still fucks it up
>puts it in wrong order
>puts it in a shitty base
>>
>>7611141
>that panther javelin thing
Holy shit so that's why my summon necros always felt like getting dumpstered back to the fucking stone age by those guest monsters, I thought they just had pierce.
>>
>>7611141
thanks, if by chance I get to make the OP I'll include it.
>>
>>7611487
I need inventory mod
>>
Can any friendly anon link to a download for the diabdat.mpq file so I can play Diablo on the 3ds?
>>
File: taltal.jpg (397 KB, 800x600)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
Are you shitting me
>>
File: fuck at forever.jpg (371 KB, 800x600)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>7612075
ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME, I'M FUCKING DONE WITH THIS PLACE
>>
File: Screenshot002.jpg (491 KB, 800x600)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>an absolute god already extracted, processed and statted all the diablo monsters for Diablo 2
This makes things a lot easier, all I have to do is choose where they spawn
>>
>>7612014
Bloody hell, anon. Did you even try a google search?

"diabdat.mpq download"

First fucking link: http://cdn.pvpgn.pro/diablo1/

Or this https://archive.org/download/Diablo_1996_Blizzard
>>
>>7612108
Really? Was looking for basically that myself. Do you have a link?
>>
File: Screenshot003.jpg (524 KB, 800x600)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>7612115
https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63701
>>
>>7611829
The one I use also gives mercs an expanded equipment inventory and additional abilities. It also changes some sounds.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/guild-the-mercenary-overhaul
>>
>>7612131
Must resist urge to create necro mod with summonable succubus waifus
>>
File: Screenshot005.jpg (514 KB, 800x600)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>7612145
Almost works perfectly with minimal effort, only issues are the missiles look wrong with their red glowing hands and they don't have a resurrection animation, but those issues can be solved easily.
>>
>>7612114
Anon, I downloaded this file and it didn't work.
Hence me asking on here.
Im on a Mac so unable to extract the .exe to get the file.

However

Ive only just realised that the file in the first link does in-fact work I was just putting the Devilution folder in the wrong folder.

Either way, ty for making me double check
>>
My merc keeps dying against High Council, and I was thinking if Obedience would help against them?
>>
>>7612325
They always die to the high council. Even with max fire res and some lifesteal, the hydras still rape them. You'll not fix it with items, but smarter and more careful play.
>>
File: file.png (119 KB, 471x558)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
Never seen one of these before
>>
>>7612172
I'm trying to do what you've done in that pic and am pulling my hair out. I'm really new to modding. What do you guys use to edit the txt files? I've been using d2excel, but I can't figure out how to move massive amounts of data from one file to another quickly.
>>
>>7612332
ok.
>>
>>7612372
I use AFJ Sheet Editor, although it's kind of crappy and there are probably better choices. It should be easy, just copy+paste in the rows you want.
>>
>>7612418
Thanks very much.
>>
Shame there isn't a working loot filter for 1.14.
I can't downgrade, 1.13 runs slower for me for some reason.
>>
>>7612645
That's because of the CPU overuse in older versions. You can fix this in 1.13 by running basemod.
>>
File: jew.png (359 KB, 796x598)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
First 100 uniques down in the Unique Monsters Revenge mod...and a jewel at that!
>>
>>7612698
>your anus crest
excellent anus crest
>>
File: uniques.png (422 KB, 1911x852)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
Did some work on the abomination mutt mod. All of the following have been absorbed into it:
>basemod
>plugy
>overworked
>gigainventory
>super unique's revenge uniques & runewords
>talonrage plugin
>poe currency mod
Tomorrow, I'll try and finish adding in Diablo 1 monster variants. After that, I'll work on adding monsters from Planescape.
>>
>>7612821
What does poe currency mod do?
>>
>>7612821
Holy shit he's actually doing it! You mad lad. I cannot wait to see it.
>>
>>7612839
Path of Exile currency. So you can re-roll/modify items with orbs. It's probably horribly unbalanced, but that's to be expected with a mod like this.
>>
>>7612839
https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66244

Adds the currency items from poe and tailors them to d2 a bit.
>>
>>7610550

Enjoy sp is garbage.

https://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63978

Use this instead, saves a lot of time by eliminating the grinding process.
>>
>>7612649
It's not the CPU fix, the game just loads slower. It's not an FPS issue. Every time I load a character or save & exit the screen goes black for a second or two. This is fixed for me in 1.14d
>>
>>7612928
>saves a lot of time by eliminating the grinding process
Enjoy-SP already does this adequately enough. You'll have to make me a better sales pitch.
>>
File: 1235327248348.png (321 KB, 796x597)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
>>
While we're in the subject of loot mods, I submit that multiple-socketed items should receive an equal billing with uniques. Powerful boss monsters and big treasure chests should drop more four-plus-socket weapons and armor - THAT's the shit I'm really down here for.
>>
>>7613134
That'd just make things more awkward. If you want base items, do rack runs or kill lots of trash monsters, rolling sockets is cheap. Bosses are for uniques and sets.
>>
File: Screenshot126.jpg (512 KB, 800x600)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
Finally got around to socketing this sexy beast
>>
>>7613134
kill Cows with no MF
you'll get good base items for days.
you can also choose how many sockets you get on an item by getting ones with the right ilvl or the right type.
Thresher always gives 5 sockets from a larzuk quest, for example
>>
Why the fuck does my spirit insist on coming in to hug Duriel and get itself killed? There's no benefit in doing so.
>>
File: Screenshot128.jpg (226 KB, 800x600)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
Oh? What's this?
>>
File: Screenshot129.jpg (542 KB, 800x600)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>7613471
Hot damn.
>>
>>7612821
Add shitfest too.
>>
>>7612649
>>7612941
To clarify, it's this problem:
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/diablo-slow-start-in-windows-7.757620/
Windows 10 blows
>>
>>7613134
lol why don't you also ask for a level 1 spell that kills mobs and 1 hits everything once you enter a room. And a ring that gives infinite teleports at level 3
>>
>>7613625
eh as the resident shitfest player in the thread, I'd say nah.
the sheer number of mobs on each screen completely changes the difficulty, pace and meta of the game and in some parts, without totally pimped untwinked gear, it's a fucking un-fun slogfest grind.
>>
How does curse work in this game? Does it get applied on hit? As the monster hits you? Or does it cast it?
>>
>>7614632
Elaborate. We can't tell what you are talking about.
>>
>>7614689
I think he means how a unique monster's "Cursed" property works in the mechanical sense, under the hood. Whether it's coded to drop on the player as they're hit, or whether the monster casts a spell while attacking, or something else.
>>
>>7614689
The red floating curse that appears whenever you fight a boss mob? It removes experience shrine and other shrines you had.
>>
>>7614632
You get cursed when hit by the monster. Applies when hit by other effects too like a cold enchanted monsters death explosion.
>>
>>7614718
I see, I guess I have to avoid ranged enemies if I'm ranged myself to keep my experience boost. Thanks.
>>
>>7614723
In case of experience shrines and cursed uniques (or oblivion knights), you're probably better off disengaging here and finding someplace else to grind for a while.
>>
props to you dudes for still playing Diablo after all these years.

>>7600053
Im thinking they call out his name as a battle-cry, because he's one of their best warriors.
>>
>>7614754
>props to you dudes for still playing Diablo after all these years
I had like a ten-year break and only recently got back to it. I could never have played it the whole time since launch, but after such a long hiatus, it's still good.
>>
>>7614768
I hear you, coming back to things after a long break makes it fresh again.
>>
File: Screenshot021.jpg (548 KB, 800x600)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
On a scale of Charsi-10, how good is this? Worth keeping at all? I tried google, but this is all I could find: https://tools.harrogath.com/valuecalc.html
While nice, it only does rings and amulets.
>>
>>7614813
Decent. I would prefer +r/w over res for pally but it's good enough.
>>
>>7614825
Thank you. What does r/w mean though?
>>
>>7614813
Absolutely useless for physical builds because there are infinitely better options for helm slot. Shit for casters, too, because Shako with Um or whatever. Charsi tier.
>>
>>7614839
run/walk
>>
>The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have
This makes it sound like it could momentarily give an item more sockets than it could have, coding-wise, before adjusting it down to the actual maximum. Does this mean that a 4-socket item would have a whole 50-50 odds of gaining that amount?
>>
>>7614870
>Does this mean that a 4-socket item would have a whole 50-50 odds of gaining that amount?
Yes.
>>
>>7614870
Yes. Armors really have a high chance to get 4os if you try to cube them since it'll be 1/6 chance to have 1/2/3os then 1/2 for 4os.
>>
just a cute reminder that ctrl+m disables main menu/lobby music.
>>
>>7614813
good first +2 & some res headgear but keep doing NM Meph runs to get a Shako or something
>>
File: thanks pindlepie.jpg (481 KB, 800x600)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
thanks pindle. but when are you gonna give me tal-rasha's armor? ;_;
>>
File: flayer jungle.png (396 KB, 798x603)
396 KB
396 KB PNG
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE WAYPOINT? I HAVE FULL INVENTORY AND REAL-LIFE RESPONSIBILITIES.

This is why I hate the jungle.
>>
>>7614952
I never bother with the jungle waypoints and just beeline to lower kurast.
>>
>>7614952
If you have found the swampy pit, you've found the waypoint.
>>
>>7614952

Pleb filter functioning as intended.
>>
File: Why_reeeee.jpg (112 KB, 693x747)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>7614952
kek
>>
>>7614952
>this will be one of the complaints which might be changed in d2r
ohno
>>
>>7615013
Fuck, I take back what I said.

The jungle is annoying, sure, but whatever they do to "fix" it is sure to be worse.
>>
>>7615025
Honestly it'd feel a lot better if the jungle's maximum size was reduced by about 20%. That, or add in some subtle directions(like this: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/File:Nihlathak-runs2.jpg ).

And while we're at it, increase all hallway widths to accept two(maybe more) npcs abreast. This is namely targeted at the goddamn maggot lair.
>>
>>7615025
too late anon, enjoy your straight path to lower kurast.
>>
>>7615036
I'm fine with the maggot lair. Adds character.

You start removing difficult or annoying things and suddenly the game loses part of itself. With that mindset making everything become uniform is now "better" and bingobango you've got communism and people are dying in the hundreds of millions. You might think I'm joking and I am, but only a little.
>>
>>7615084
maggot lair should allow 2 characters side by side walking on its halls.
>>
>>7615169
Why?
>>
>>7615189
so it doesn't get too "wide." just like a mod I saw last week. It's too wide it's not longer the maggot lair, more like the maggot halls.
>>
Infinity should be able to break all immunities but change the other ber to cham.
>>
As fantastic as the D2 sounds and music are, I've literally been listening to them for 20 years. So what, if anything, do you guys listen to while grinding away?

I usually swap between music and podcasts, but recently I've been letting some internet radio sites play. Though sometimes I just sit in silence and play. When you fall into the zone when farming it becomes easy to think on things.

>>7615169
no thanks
>>
File: 13463463474589458.jpg (6 KB, 236x168)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>7615198
Yeah cause sorcs and paladins need to be MORE powerful.

/poeg/ is down the hall
>>
>>7615169
no, it shouldn't. that might be more convenient and less maddening, but you're sacrificing artistic integrity. you're exploring a network of tunnels dug by creepy crawly dudes, it SHOULD be uncomfortably narrow.

>>7615084
I agree, artistic integrity is an essential principle. you should only compromise on it when absolutely necessary for the mechanics of the game.
>>
>>7615084
>>7615241
The moment you start changing things in the game because people are annoyed by them, you'll risk changing anything that someone somewhere is annoyed by. It's a path that has only one end, and that end is bland inoffensive modern-day AAA porridge.

So let's not go there. We may not like the maggot lairs or the mazelike jungles, but there are a whole lot more things we'd rather keep that might end up being ditched along with them.
>>
>>7615251
exactly. in theory, people can get annoyed or offended by anything that exists. once you start giving in to their demands, it's a downward spiral, as you said. as long as it's legal and not game-breaking, devs should be able to design as they see fit.
that's not to say tight tunnels or mazelike jungles are pleasant to deal with, but it does fit the environment and role-playing aspect. once you censor or remove things that you hate, it's the tip of the wedge.
>>
File: 1509086173739.png (177 KB, 484x377)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>7615274
>>7615251
Yup. For me the line of 'what should be changed' sits between the maggot lair/act 3 forests and the poison snakes in act 5 hell.

One is unpleasant, but gives lasting memories to the player and gives character to the game, whilst the other is just pure crap. Your hardcore paladin with 85 all res, max block and significant damage reduction should not be getting shredded like that. It doesn't fit the world when a random enemy can be more threatening than the bosses to such a degree, but getting lost in a literal jungle or squeezing through tunnels dug by worms does fit.

'Enjoyable' negatives can be a good thing.
>>
>>7615298
>poison snakes
These are intentional. Get equipment with damage reduced by X mod. It's not a coincidence that these snakes can spawn only in Nihlatak's lair, while Nature's Peace ring (integral part of you gear for Nihlatak runs) has this mod. It's like complaining that Gloams own you in one shot when you have -100 lightning resistance.
The fact that their poison clouds are invisible is a problem, though.
>>
>>7615395
I refuse to believe it's intended, regardless of whats been said about them. Bullshit.

Why isn't there more of it in the game?
>>
>>7615298
>the poison snakes in act 5 hell.
the only monster "change" which should be done is for the gloams one and nightmare's stupid fire enchant damage being even bigger than hell's fire enchant.
the gloams are actually a bug that blizzard did not fix whatsoever along with the fire enchant one.
>>
>>7615409
>Why isn't there more of it in the game?
Because that's how creators decided to create their game. You can mitigate the damage to the point where it stops being dangerous. Just like any other damage source in the game. It's just not as obvious as other damage types. One dude here will tell you that the properties of their poison clouds use special lines in game files that no other monster uses. This only strengthen the conclusion that these poison niggers indeed work as intended.
>>
>>7615409
If it was unintentional, they'd deal way more damage than they do now. Blizzard specifically set them up to use A2 damage instead of A1 via missiles; notably, they are the only monsters in the entire game set up to use A2 missile damage.
>>
File: 20210403_124416.jpg (497 KB, 2301x1405)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
Diablo 1 and 3 will also be the best Diablos because the console versions offer 1:1 control instead of that retarded click to move bullshit. I want to play a video game not do my taxes.
>>
>gloams
equip tgods and up light res. u win.
>immunities
just fucking run away, and accept the fact that your character is not an all around monster killer/farmer
>uniques
are trophy items, as they should be so you should grind to get them, and the worthy ones are not hard to get anyway, 100-150% MF is easily achievable by the time you finish Normal and that is enough
>>
>>7615439
And you can finish the game up to hell untwinked, you don't need uniques or other shit.
>>
>>7615430
>>7615427
>only monster in the entire game that does it
>somehow this implies intention
Fuck off. It's the opposite.
>>
>>7615449
You don't need items at all bro, just punch everything. Imagine using items lmao
>>
>>7615453
>reading comprehension: 0
>>
>>7612325
it's because of some weird fucking bug which makes the merc take way more damage than he's supposed to, my advice is to kill the council as fast as possible before they get the chance to smoke your merc
>>
>>7615450
Uhh, I guess Diablo's red hose is some kind of a bug, then. Or Baal's tentacles, fire nova etc. Now that I think about it, Imps are the only monster type that can use teleport around. Let's remove all of these as well!
>>
>>7615468
False equivalence, try again.
>>
>>7615468
Dolls?
>>
>>7615395
Pretty sure the poison snakes were a glitch that they just chose to leave in for whatever reason.
>>
>>7615482
>False equivalence
It was you who arbitrarily decided that abilities unique to some monster somehow equal lack of intent on the part of game developers. Which is a pretty retarded take in itself because if you abided by it you would end up with a game where monster would use a generic melee attack or generic ranged attack. You can try again, if you want.
>>
DevilutionX 1.2.0 is out:
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases/tag/1.2.0
>>
>>7615656
Sweet. Hopefully they'll add the cut quests next.
>>
>>7615669
>cut quests
If I remember correctly, there isn't really a whole lot to add. The added quests based on cut content in Belzebub and TH are totally different from eachother since all they had to go on are the dialogues, for example.
>>
File: 123.jpg (5 KB, 223x226)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
I just ate a 24 hour suspension on d2jsp for the following post(my first one there *ever*):

"Sorry I'm new to this. By "eye", you mean a charm with an eye on it like this https://cdn.itemforge.com/catalog/product/cache/small_image/300x300/beff4985b56e3afdbeabfc89641a4582/s/k/skiller-eye.png ? I have one, unless that 43+ meant required level and not how many you're looking for; mine is 42 :s "[sic]

I guess it's from linking to an external site, but damn, even though I kind of deserved it for not reading the rules, that's pretty damn harsh. No warning or anything either, just a ban as soon as I hit 'add reply'. There's not even any way for me to appeal, Christ, what a kick in the teeth.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (231 KB, 1280x720)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
Why does d2 attract so many sois?
>>
>>7615709
look at that warrior skull, look at that masculine beard, how can you call that man a soi? he'd crush your skull with his bear hands
>>
>>7615709
>pd2
lmao
>>
>>7615709
It's just such a good game. Some things don't need that much explanation.
>>
File: clint disgust.gif (265 KB, 220x209)
265 KB
265 KB GIF
>>7615689
That's what you deserve for using jsp. Every day I live is just another reason for me to be happy that I've avoided that site all these years.
>>
>>7615709
You mean
>Why does pd2 and pod attract so many sois?

They're basically 'Diablo: Reddit Expansion'
>>
File: 1561114378857.jpg (9 KB, 210x255)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>7615689
Forums like that, not just d2 but in general, are literally unusable for me at this point after spending so long here. They used to be better in the past, like 15 years back, but now they're just awful. Bans, elitism, hivemind think and the witch-hunt mentality that fosters, obsession with usernames and the schizos it attracts, innumerable bullshit minutiae and rules. Sounds like hell. You couldn't pay me to use a modern forum.

Even with how shit this site is at times, the freedom and anonymity here on 4chan is unparalleled.
>>
>>7615817
I'd guess with the rise of anonymous image boards, and later Discord, the few remnants of the forums of yesteryear have gotten really insular and downright xenophobic.
>>
>>7615832
>Discord
Oh Christ that's even worse because they not only suck themselves with all the aforementioned forum issues, but discord also draws chat and community away from places like here. Discord is good for friends and keeping up with small projects, but it is a cancer on the rest of internet.

There's a reason creativity on 4chan has divebombed to all time low levels.
>>
>>7615817
>elitism, hivemind think and the witch-hunt mentality
Sure sounds like 4chan to me.
>>
>>7615870
>hivemind think
I'll give you elitism, but people argue opinions here more than anywhere else. Here you just get called a fag, other places un-person you.
>>
File: et.png (350 KB, 795x598)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
Intredasting
>>
>>7615870
>elitism
Of topic, not person. Big difference.
>>
File: 12543745849.png (69 KB, 270x445)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
Is this good for a mid game shield?
>>
>>7615925
Yes. That or Moser
>>
>>7615928
Actually found a moser, too, but went with this for the +skills and better block.
>>
>>7615939
Rhyme on a Bone/Grim Shield is good choice too for CBF.
>>
>>7615925
No one can tell unless you also state the mod you play. I hope monsters literally instagib anything without gear because that shit you posted is OP as fuck for it's level.
>>
>>7598761
playable classes paladin and barb
everything else is cuck shit
die casterfag trannies
>>
>>7616110
>paladin
>not a caster
I shiggy diggy
>>
File: the ass.png (249 KB, 407x650)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>7616110
If you hated casters, you should like the assassin. She's all about killing wizards.
>>
File: charm.png (379 KB, 793x595)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
Ebin
>>
>>7616171
Wew lad, basically threw all the top mods on a grand charm + 2 all skills.
>>
>>7615862
trannies aside, Discord is a convenient platform for some things. however, I've noticed that it's sucked a fair amount of activity away from other places. it's also not publicly searchable like traditional forums.
>>
>>7616171
Broken BS, grats lad.
>>
>>7616171
>no MF
charsi food.
>>
File: sword.png (391 KB, 794x596)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>hit causes monster to flee
WHY? I would have used it too.
>>
File: ring.png (422 KB, 795x594)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>7616246
FUCKING STOP

why didn't I make a bowazon.....
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.4 MB, 200x150)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB GIF
>replace mephistotaunt2.wav with a .wav of Sonic saying "YOU'RE TOO SLOW!"
>it fucking works
I love this game so much.
>>
File: cumon.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>7616271
kek

Well now you have to do all 3 bosses.
>>
File: wwwwwww.png (48 KB, 193x258)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
I am seriously so close to doing this, but I can't shake the horrible feeling of blowing a jah on a normal mode item. How much could the defense matter? The block chance doesn't make too much of a difference. Using reasonable test numbers, my block chance at lvl 80 with a lvl 7 holy shield and 136 dex would be 62%. The only other paladin shields with higher block chance, sacred rondache (58% base) and sacred targe (60% base) would give 64% and 66% chance to block, respectively, with the same parameters. Few more points in dex/holy shield and I could be at max block pretty easy. It's down to a ~100 defense difference I guess, but I'll also probably never find another 40+ all res pally shield with good base block.
>>
>>7616271
Just wait till you see how easy it is to import new monsters.
>take an image
>convert it to a gif
>repeat this thousands of times, preferably automated
>line them up perfectly
>add them all to a single gif and pray you didn't fuck up the rotations at any point
>convert to dcc and pray the program doesnt explode and that you didn't add wrong transparent pixels
>create a cof which is a gigantic disaster
>update animdata to correspond with the cof
>update monstats2 to correspond with animdata
>pray that you didn't fuck up at any step, otherwise the monster will crash/be invisible/have invisible frames/crash sometimes
This is why mods have been using the same monster graphics since like 2005, it's an atrocity.
>>
File: squelettes.png (113 KB, 306x182)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>7616271
The ease of modability is an endless source of fun.
>>
>>7616305
>It's down to a ~100 defense difference
Won't make much of a difference. Just go for it.
>>
>>7616337
I'll do it. Thank you for liberating me from my paralysis.
>>
>>7616356
This is the part where you drop a better one in ten mins.
>>
>>7616329
>squelette
>doot doot
>>
>>7615217
>So what, if anything, do you guys listen to while grinding away?
Used to listen to a playlist of songs I really loved but I realized that it slowed me down and made me unfocus.
So I switched to VGMs, usually FF tracks, Distant Worlds, and Bloodborne. and sometimes random playlists on youtube I just search vgm and shit.
>>
File: shako1.jpg (561 KB, 800x600)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
>The Shako I have rolled the lowest Defense
>>
>>7616456
>that plugy page
what the FUCK are you doing? Sort that mess out.
>>
File: shako2.jpg (550 KB, 800x600)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>7616456
>the Shako that Pindle dropped me rolled the highest defense
It feels bizzarre.
>>
>>7616458
It's a collection of all my drops from Pindle and Ancient Tunnel runs in 1 hour, relax. I'm identifying them.
>>
File: 1616315361628.png (349 KB, 757x632)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>7616468
I'm watching you.
>>
>>7616459
I have literally perfect Griswold's caduceus and literally antiperfect Griswold's vortex shield.
>>
>>7615468
>Imps are the only monster type that can use teleport around
Now this is pleb talk.

>"Teleport is a randomized ability given to some Unique Monsters. It is also used by Cantors, Demon Imps, Icehawk Riftwing, Wyland Voidfinger, Maffer Dragonhand, Nihlathak, and Baal."
>>
>>7616470
Here's something better, looks like the only worthwhile drop in that hoard was the Shako
>>
>>7616490
I have found many Caduceus but none of them are Gris's, least you have his set.
>>
>>7615468
Diablo's red hose is pretty weaksauce, honestly. It should be way stronger for an end boss. Glad you should bring this up.
>>
>>7616495
Very nice.

Surprised you don't have another 2-3 columns of charms though.
>>
>>7616504
Oh I left the 4 other charms, I have a 3x6 inventory slots open for drops and well I'm still farming charms. I don't even have +skill, and the other great charm is just an +FRW and +Mana.
>>
>>7616492
I have never ever seen Cantors or council teleport unless they spawned with "Teleportation".
>>
File: Teleport.webm (1.23 MB, 986x738)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB WEBM
>>7616541
Yeah well maybe you should actually play the game instead of crying about it online, newfag. I've known they could do this since I was a kid.

Took me 30 seconds to find one and test.
>>
>>7616541
Cantors do teleport natively and I've indeed forgotten about them. I will grant to the dude an opportunity to feel superior. Even though there are examples of even ordinary monsters with unique abilities.
>>
>>7616541
They teleport all the time and are a bloody annoyance for my melee guys.
>>
File: 1484657236727.jpg (39 KB, 663x579)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>Alpha launching this friday, lasting til monday
>singleplayer only
>access will be give out in "waves" during the day
>requires online (apparently going to be not a requirement in the full version)
>Barb, Sorc and Amazon only
>Acts 1 and 2 only
>new cinematics not in yet
>streamers get early copy on thursday

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo2/23658118/diablo-ii-resurrected-technical-alpha-experience-the-legend
>>
>>7616824
It's bizarre that it's just Acts 1 and 2 and jsut Barb/Sorc/Amazon. What even stops them from including at least all 5 OG classes?
>>
>>7616853
Testing, I guess.
>>
>>7616853
Could be anything from not being finished yet to just wanting to test the early game and most 'basic' classes.
>>
File: FX1CEKVCQ2FA1617672077856.jpg (944 KB, 1920x1080)
944 KB
944 KB JPG
>>7616824
“I shall purge this land of the shadow.” — Amazon
>>
>>7616853
Probably haven't finished all the graphics yet for the other characters. Druid in particular should be the hardest to finish.
>tons of unique spell graphics
>tons of unique, different summons
>two different forms
>>
>>7616853
read the article, it literally spells those questions out for you.
>>
>>7616862
>>7616824
You think they'll actually fix the zon? Or will she forever be a depressed 51 year old mother of 4?
>>
File: Amazon.gif (139 KB, 123x234)
139 KB
139 KB GIF
>>7616873
She looks like a botched Valkyrie ripoff. She should look younger.
But I doubt that they will change her appearance.
>>
File: L6P7DWA9VLII1617672077853.jpg (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>7616862
>"I shall meet death head-on. After a meal or two."
>>
>>7616862
I would hit that.
>>
>>7616873
She looks better than the assassin.
>>
>>7616873
They won't. That is fixed for them. The studio doing it isn't a 3rd party studio, they were acquired by Blizzard so the censors will remain and their botched look will remain.
>>
>>7616862
that reminds me, I liked the voice-overs from the various characters. when you get to the prison, the barb says
>no one should ever be caged
and when you bring sunlight back in Act II, necro says (iirc)
>I was beginning to like the darkness
they also comment on the summoner's weird virtual reality, but I forget.
>>
>>7616890
I don't know what the problem is here. Dude is strongfat. It's how people who never in their life visited gym but worked some hard manual labor their whole life look like.
>>
>>7616902
>"Treasure hunting? Hmph. Treasure finding? Yesss."
>>
>>7616912
>All that's left of proud Tristram are ghosts and ashes.
The necromancer has all of the best quotes, he's so smug.
>>
>>7616902
>they also comment on the summoner's weird virtual reality, but I forget.
>" This is fantastic! I wish I had time to study this bizarre dimension!" -necro
>>
>>7616865
Think they're going to do anything about the werewolf's big floppy ballsack?

You ever seen that thing waving about between his legs as he runs? Are we going to get to see it in HD?
>>
>>7616930
good stuff, thanks.
>>
>>7616932
That will be censored. For all the "we want you to experience Diablo 2 as it were" bullshit, they have taken community feedback and butchered the character designs so I won't be surprised if nuances such as that would be changed too.
Funny that they point out Lut Golein's garlic on the table and yet the Amazon suddenly has shorts.
>>
>>7616824
>can't even participate because of the requirements, specifically the internet requirements
Ebin
>>
>>7616954
Can't just hotspot your phone?
>>
>>7616954
Don't worry anon, none of us will get in anyway.
>>
File: ww.png (171 KB, 327x290)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>7616932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRP62MGOrUo

1:29
>>
If someone gets in, do me a favor and check these:
>frozen orb producing fake cltside-only novas every time it hits a monster
>lightning fury producing invisible bolts if it explodes on a wall/expires from range
>the hit recovery bug (can be easily tested with fend/strafe + dodge/avoid)
If these aren't fixed, then it confirms that they don't give a shit.
>>
>>7616983
given the current state of the gaming industry, I don't have high hopes.
>>
>>7614952
watch llama's video about how act 3 generates itself, for fuck's sake
or just go to LK at this point.
>>
>>7615416
and ooga-booga dudes literally 1 hitting you out of nowhere.
only reason i dont play Hardcore is because of those little tribal cunts
>>
>>7615468
diablo's red hose misses you completely if you get right up in his face.
also it's half fire half physical i believe, as a series of multiple low dmg attacks in quick succession. so slap on a bunch of "Damage Reduced By X" gear and it'll tickle you at best
>>
>>7615298
>>7615416
Are there any fanmade patches for these? Plugy or Basemod or 1.15 or anything touching them in any way? They seem like pretty blatantly accidental bugs.
>>
>>7616246
>7%
basically a nothingburger
if anything might save your life once or twice.
>>
>>7617042
1.15 does indeed change both the maggot lair and the snakes, but not the gloams or nightmare fire enchant.

You could ask him to change those too.
>>
>>7616853
it's an extra graphics window on top of the base game that emulates the game and spits it back out as an improved graphics client.
likely they havent drawn/animated everything for the other classes yet and havent done the higher acts yet.
>>
>>7616983
good luck getting a character to level 30 if you can't go beyond Act 2. I guess if you really grind enough tombs on Players 8 it might be doable..
>>
>>7617190
I made my current character to level 30 before Act 3, on p8, with very little grinding. It's doable.
>>
>>7617210
nice! are tombs the way to go for that? or is there some other place?
>>
>>7617261
The tombs, yeah. Arcane Sanctuary works also if you're looking for a bit of variety.
>>
File: arcane architecture.png (512 KB, 1422x1043)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>7617265
I'm interested to see how they'll handle the arcane sanctuary in D2R in the spots with the reality-breaking architecture.
>>
>>7617295
It's actually not reality-breaking at all: it's just a bunch of railings that -look- like they were connected to the walkway "above", but it's only because of the top-down perspective. See how the ghosts float right behind them for evidence.

I do hope they'll fix it, because it was a nice idea.
>>
>>7617316
oh I know that it's only an optical illusion and it's all actually on a single flat plane. It would be reality-breaking if the idea were really implemented entirely in 3D, so they may render the planes normally with the new graphics, and then actually still use a 2D art insert to create the exact same effect. I hope they do it justice.
>>
File: ur-quan kohr-ah.jpg (487 KB, 800x600)
487 KB
487 KB JPG
All the basic additional processing for the Diablo monsters is complete for Muttmod. Now I just need to give them abilities, vary their stats a bit and add them to levels.
>>
>>7617363
Really appreciate the work you're putting in to this!
>>
>>7617349
Diablo 2 actually renders a lot of the stuff in 3D but uses 2D art to provide a depth but use better assets than what 3D games at the time provides. Try turning on and off perspective mode in the options and see the difference. Perspective mode is forced off in Arcane Sanctuary though.

I really wish D2R would overhaul the games mechanics. There is so much shit that just isn't relevant anymore. Runewords and a handful of Uniques blow everything out of the water. There's no reason for a sorc to get Leaf so early in the game, while a barbarian has to scrap by on nothing until the middle of nightmare.
>>
>>7616824
Manazon
>>
>>7617445
Amazon energy build? How would that work, anon? Tell me, I'm on the edge of my seat.
>>
>>7616824
this is how it worked back in the day but with bnet too it was barb only act 1 up to lv 30 not every skill was in and not much gear or mosters/bosses then sorc and zon and a bit of act 2

I remember bash barefist duels shit was kino
>>
File: 2735897239.jpg (32 KB, 450x600)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>7616932
>Think they're going to do anything about the werewolf's big floppy ballsack?
say it with me anon realistic armored cod/knotpieces for all classes can't wait to see the pallys horsedong plate nironically
>>
>>7617461
>I remember bash barefist duels shit was kino
The only fun I ever had from diablo 3 was dueling with my friend and we were both barbs using the chain attack that pulls the target to you. Fucking hilarious.
>>
>>7617065
>>7617042
>1.15
>gloams or nightmare fire enchant.
I could fix those for a future patch I guess.
>>
>>7616862
That's David Bowie
>>
>>7616824

predicting its shit and everyone hates it til mods come out
>>
>>7618253
i predict new bugs and dismal optimization
>>
>Amazon still looks ugly as shit
They won't change it won't they along with the Assassin and the Paladin
>>
>>7618253
If it's shit, why not just stick with the original? It already has mods.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.