[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 222 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1430072071302.jpg (20 KB, 300x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Been a while since I've seen one of these.

You know the drill, describe a game you can't remember the name of and others will try to figure it out.

--

Here's one that seems like it should be easy but has plagued me for some time.
- Win 3.1 era
- Jigsaw puzzle game
- Pretty simple, you put the puzzle together and when it's done it turns into a short little animation with music.
- The one I remember vividly was an ice age scene with hunters and mammoths. The people were very small, almost like stick men. When you finish the puzzle they raise and lower their spears and a little song plays.
>>
is there a skating 2d game thats like silhouette mirage + gunstar heros? I coulda sworn i played one on gensis or ps1 a long time ago. But i can never find it. At this point im pretty settled on it being silhouette mirage, but i coudla sworn it was on skates and had co-op. id did have a city level similar to the one in that game.
>>
>>7595571
well I think I've nearly found it, it was absolutely made by this same guy:
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Electric_Jigsaw_1990

however, it's not this particular one -- and I can't find any other version of this game other than one based on Penthouse magazine.
>>
A point and click game. I don't remember much, but what I do is next :

Early to mid early nineties.

The main guy has a cape. Black from the outside, I think crimson or purple from the inside. He also might be a prince. Not sure on that.

The characters did not have distinct facial features. No noses, mouths or the like (think early prince of persia)

Not sure about this, but I think there were no commands (use, walk, talk to,etc...) just the cursor.

One of the puzzles I remember is where you have to string a poem from words, and the first sentence was "thou art a rose..."
>>
>>7595571
I think there's a character who is a fat chinese dude. Something like that. He would use fire against his enemies. I don't remember if he spit them out or threw them. It was the hardest game I've played on the NES.
>>
File: Malice for Quake.jpg (73 KB, 980x735)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
I just found this one after having been looking since childhood. so to help anyone else, if you remember a 90s FPS were you can choose to switch to third person, you play as a guy with a red dorag and you at some point get a hoverboard. It was a mod for Quake called Malice.
>>
>>7595794
this is karnov
>>
>>7595737
This is super mainstream so probably wrong, but is it one of the King's Quest games?
>>
>>7595801
Thanks. :)
>>
I'm looking for an adventure game (possibly point-and-click) on NES. If I remember, you played as a detective from a sidescrolling perspective. I remember playing the game for probably ten minutes and getting into a (seeming?) failstate where my character was tied to a log in a sawmill.
>>
>>7595823
Sounds like Nightshade.
>>
Looking for an edutainment game based around language
Around late 90s to early 2000, full voice acting
Levels took place in space
I remember a dalmatian-looking dog as your player or companion
There was a section where you selected rhyming letters or something, and it played beat poetry
May have been one of the Reading Blaster games? Not sure which grade or revision it'd be though.

>>7595595
Could this be Kaisoku Tenshi: The Rapid Angel?
>>
>>7595834
Hey, I think that's it. Thanks.
>>
>>7595801
Update: It definitely is! I've been looking for this game forever!
>>
>>7595595
Kind of sounds like Gunners Heaven/Rapid Reload.
>>
>>7595805
No, of course not. It's not a Sierra game.
>>
3D ps1 game where yoy pick up red and blue crates to assemble weapons
>>
I used to play a rom of a of a Sega Master System game that had 4 games in one - one was a racing/driving game, the other was a puzzle game and I can't remember what the other two were. The game selection screen I think was dark with a stone background and 4 pictures of the games... Does anyone know what the game collection is? Haven't been able to find it for 20ish years now.
>>
this is gonna be impossible guys, but if someone nails it i might deadass paypal them or something

really old game i played this shit when i was a kid and im 25
you had a lawnmower and you cut grass i think. or maybe you run from the lawnmowers actually.
alot of colors
3d
i literally cant add much this is impossible i can answer questions
>>
>>7596152
played on pc btw
>>
>>7596139
This one? https://youtu.be/QxhPE1457h8
>>
>>7596158
Holy smokes, I think that is it! The music feels very familiar. Thanks a lot anon. Dunno why I did such a bad job of finding it all these years
>>
>>7595850
>Kaisoku Tenshi: The Rapid Angel?
not it, it was more futuristic and had shooting powerups, thanks tho
>>7595904
>Gunners Heaven/Rapid Reload.
thanks, ive considered that being it, but im pretty sure there was night time city level early on the game and skates. but i could be mistken and it was this or silloute mirage.
>>
This is a longshot but I've been trying to find what this shit was for years. I have a memory of my older cousin playing some vampire horror game on our family computer in the mid to late 90s. Probably a windows game but could have been released on DOS originally. I remember it had lots of cutscenes taking place in a creepy castle environment, so might have been an FMV game or something that incorporated prerendered CG videos. Otherwise I'm almost positive it was a point and click adventure. And it's definitely not Phantasmagoria. That's all I've got to go on
>>
There's this one game from my childhood I really enjoyed and would like to find and play again some day.

It was an arcade game from the late 80's or early 90's.
It was a side scroller, but I'm not sure if it was a shoot 'em up in the style of Contra or a beat 'em up like Bad Dudes (or maybe a mix with long and short range attacks).
What I remember for certain is that it had a sci-fi feel to it and inbetween each level you were told how far you'd gotten into the game by being shown a black screen with a bunch of small rectangles that contained small images to represent what each corresponding level was like. I believe they were in shades of blue until you beat the level, then they would gain color.
I remember the final or penultimate box depicted a U.F.O.
>>
>>7596985
Was it a multiplayer game?
>>
>>7596919
Could be one of these?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0amOLx502I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZamNYJZjY8g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caiwLAlND34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KhslE5oA94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO8IuwtH9VA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-4nik6ERY
>>
>>7597032
Can't be too sure, but it probably did allow for a second player to join in.
>>
I had my game answered a while back, just cruising through to see if anything looked familiar but I don't see anything.
Good luck anons, I know how good it's going to feel when someone finds that game for you.
>>
>>7597036
I was thinking Quartet, but that's a 4-player game
>>
>>7597034
Thanks for pulling these up, don't think the one I'm remembering is here though. In my memory the game's visuals were very realistic looking. Could just be my dumb kid brain filling in the details, but I could swear it was a game that used live action cutscenes or maybe a mix of video and CG. Only other thing I can remember is the environments were dark with heavy shadows and a grim atmosphere
>>
>>7597049
If it's live action, point-and-click, and has a horror vibe, it might be Dark Seed or Harvester?
>>
>>7596985
Xain'D Sleena/Solar Warrior/Soldier of Light?
>>
>>7597082
Definitely not Harvester, as I'm very familiar with that game. Dark Seed is the closest to my memory by far, very similar visuals and the release window matches up, but not sure that's it. I'm 90% sure there was a Dracula-styled vampire featured prominently
>>
>>7597047
Had a look on youtube, can't seem to spot any black screen with blue icons representing the levels and it seems a much more complex game than the one I remember (pretty sure there were no doors or keys to collect, like in Contra you just started left and fought your way to the right).
And, though I could be mistaken about this, I believe the art style was a bit more on the serious side (not cartoony/light hearted).
Thanks for giving it a shot though!
>>
>>7597085
I played that game a LOT as a kid! But it's not the one I'm looking for, no.
>>
>>7597085
>>7597115
I realize I should probably list what I'm fairly sure sets the two games apart, in case it could help:
as far as I can remember there was no vertical scrolling, only horizontal; and there were no cutscenes showing the player traveling between different planets (that is to say, unless it was mentioned otherwise in text, I believe the whole game took place on one planet, presumably Earth being invaded by aliens).
Certainly there were no spaceship piloting shmup segments.
>>
>>7595571
Not sure if it's retro as it's from early 2000s (or maybe late 90s).

It's a scifi/cyberpunk themed isometric game with a shades wearing black protagonist.
I remembered he kept pulling a phone out of his crotch and getting mission briefing from the voice of a woman.

Can't really remember if it's an action rpg or just straight isometric action game.
The game has early 3d graphics.
>>
File: bloodnet_2.jpg (64 KB, 620x390)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>7597096
long shot but maybe Bloodnet? there's no FMV but quite a bit of portraits thrown around. also it's cyberpunk but there are few places that resemble "castle environment". there's certainly a prominent dracula theme.
>>
>>7595571
My game was a Diablo II clone, but I think it was German-made and it was cybernetics instead of magic. I bought it in a bargain bin at CompUSA. Game had an interesting cyber-noir feel, but it was so janky that I lost heart and stopped playing a couple hours in.
>>
>>7597096
You probably would have remembered Dark Seed; it was chock-full of creepy imagery made by (or done in the style of) H.R. Giger
>>
>>7597319
Restricted Area
>>
>>7595571
early pc first person game, probably id tech1 or build knockoff. got it in one of those 3-9 cd software multi packs for windows 98 I think, pretty sure it had to launch through msdos.

textures looked like eye rape a lot of times. setting was some kind of lost or mythological wasteland, you would find cabins every so often you could get items from, one of the enemies was based of medusa, there was another that I cant remember what it looked like but it was similar to a lost soul. I don't think there were guns but you got some kind of bow.
>>
>>7597336
Thanks, man!
I wonder if they ever fixed that game; it seemed like it could have been pretty fun
>>
>>7596919
Dracula: Resurrection?
>>
>>7597310
This is aesthetically really close to what I'm remembering, just with less color. Very pre-2000s rendered look for the environments. But I remember the color scheme being much more muted with heavy, dramatic shadows

>>7597328
No doubt, Giger's work is unmistakable. It probably wasn't Dark Seed, but something with similarly grim visuals and stark lighting. Also thanks /vr/os for taking a stab at this, it's slowly driving me mad not knowing if that game was real or not
>>
File: capsule_616x353.jpg (59 KB, 616x353)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>7597374
Or dracula the last sanctuary
>>
>>7595571
I vaguely remember playing a racing game for the N64 that had a level that almost looked like a dev testing area. The whole level was made of simple shapes with black textures (they might have had bright colored edges to them, I'm not sure).

From what I remember it wasn't an actual race course with laps, I think the level only ended when time ran out, there might have been some kind of scoring system.
>>
>>7597374
>>7597392
This is a really strong guess, I'm almost tempted to say this is it, but I think it might be slightly too recent. It's more colorful than I remember, and the graphics are a bit more advanced than my recollection. But otherwise very very close. I'll have to watch more gameplay to be sure
>>
PS2 game/maybe multiplatform

I think it involves Germans. the only thing i can remember is it starts you off with a melee weapon (I think a wrench) and you kill some guy that's repairng a motorcycle or scooter in a shack.
>>
>>7597438
Also some of the enemies are wearing gas masks if i remember correctly and it's very violent.
>>
>>7596031
sounds kinda like team buddies
>>
Does anyone know of a game where youre in a haunted mansion fighting ghost pinatas? Its top down and released for PC, remember having it on this 4 game halloween pack.
>>
>>7596152
Bully had a lawn mowing section, its the only game I can remember at the moment
>>
>>7597487
It is. Thank you, this game has sat in the back of my head for years. It's a shame it's so expensive though.
>>
MS DOS
Red thing with a light green hat that eats mushrooms or something, and opens doors with keys
Top down

Sega Mega Drive/Genesis
Guy with a gun opens boxes with people inside and they give him powerups or something
>>
File: after-dark-games_8.png (26 KB, 615x427)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>7596152
this is the only lawnmower game i know and played, not exactly 3d though
>>
XP-Vista era
First-person game, I think you only had a wooden stake as a weapon, there's a basement, if you go there, you get mauled by a dog or something.
I either thought it was based on The Hound of the Baskervilles, or my sister told me that it was.
>>
>>7595571
- Arkanoid/Breakout clone
- One of the power-ups was a Beavis gnome with a pickaxe that said "Eheheheheh, wanna play" when he came out, and when you launched him he would destroy all the blocks above your paddle, even the steel ones.
- Maybe DOS, maybe Windows 9x, I don't remember.
>>
- probably DOS or maybe already Win 95
- vertical SHMUP
- western/euro devs
- T-Shaped player ship
- slammed for being incredibly difficult
- low review scores

can't remember the name
>>
>>7597438
Manhunt?
>>
>>7596919
Not vampire-related but check The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour.
>>
>>7595737
Maybe the first Legend of Kyrandia game.
>>
>>7598807
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TDJkOZx9Os
>>
https://youtu.be/kvdM8zxPvgs

what are the games at 3:40 and 8:00?
>>
>>7598963
8:00 is Tiny Toon Adventures
>>
>>7598917
No, but that's a cool fucking game, thanks, anon
>>
>>7598963
3:40 is Equinox
>>
>>7598872
space goose?
>>
>>7595571
My memory is kind of very hassle, but I remember I looked at the PS2 or probably an OG Xbox demo kiosk once.

It shown some kind of third person shooter where you take control as a mountain climber or something and fight against the monsters with various weapons/exoskeleton mecha I think.
I also remember that it was obviously made by japanese studio due to distinct art direction compare to western games.
>>
File: dragonsphere-thouart.jpg (277 KB, 1729x1082)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>7595737
Dragonsphere
>>
>>7599123
That's the one. Thanks man!
>>
>>7598807
bit of a long shot, but possibly Penumbra: Overture?
>>
>>7599249
Nah, that's not it. I need to play it one day. It's from Amnesia devs, right?
>>
>>7599286
yeah. has more of an industrial feel, and you still had weapons in the first one.
>>
>>7598991
>>7599036
thanks
>>
File: sketch.jpg (33 KB, 618x412)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
only remember few things, circa 90-00

-Demo game
-FPS
-You get inside a house through a fireplace secret passage, can't go back.
-Room totally dark only few thing to see.
-Fireplace has some buttons (idr what was it), above and you can click it kinda puzzle to open some other thing.

>to young to understand... i have no idea what i'm doing.
that's all.
>>
Here’s a few descriptions about the game I used to seen around at the local arcade:

>Racing game
>It’s a horror theme
>Arcade machine makes a screaming noise whenever you hit a major collision ingame

Sorry, that’s all I remember.
>>
A maze game that ran on a British home computer designed to plug into a television. Came out no later than 1994. Had a white background and you played as a rabbit walking around the maze, collecting carrots and a key to open a door.

Looked like Zeek the Geek (pic related). But that came out in 1995, and I definitely played the game in question in 93 or 94.
>>
- horror game
- pc, played it circa 2002
- foggy abandoned town, there's a diner near the beginning, I got scared and turned it off before encountering any enemies

The obvious answer would appear to be Silent Hill but I don't think that's it, I remember the camera angle being fixed with possibly prerendered backgrounds.
>>
- DOS/Win 3.1
- Educational
- Spy themed?
- Collection of minigames, such as:
- Running a store and exchanging different currencies
- Climbing a pyramid, each brick had a trivia or math question
- Something to do with airline departures and a globe
- Not in the "Super Solvers" series, so far as I can tell.
>>
>>7599596
found it:
https://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/fun-school-4-for-7-to-11-year-olds
>>
>>7599042
Unfortunately not
>>
>pc
>third person
>early 3d graphics
>medieval fantasy
>main menu is 3d, showing the protagonist standing in a level, with camera orbiting around him
>once you start new game it begins right there from the main menu with you immediately taking control of the protagonist, some guy with a sword
>take place at night, everything is black and blue
>enemies were some small pink chicken-looking shits that killed me every time
i think it was a demo, in german language for some reason, and it had "dark" or "darkness" in the name
>>
>>7597438
Freedom Fighters? You start out as a plumber with a wrench when the US gets invaded.
>>
>>7599712
Severance: Blade of Darkness?
https://youtu.be/DRuudjlr7RA?t=894
>>
A 1990s chessgame for pc which illuminates the squares green and red after a move and has messages on the screen like "piece in jeopardy"
>>
>>7599769
it doesn't look like it
but my memory is shit so it could be
>>
>>7599712
nightmare creatures
>>
>DOS game
>not really a scrolling shooter
>WW2/pearl harbor setup
>you are an american plane and had to fight japanese bunkers on islands, ships and planes
>you start on an aircraft carrier and had to choose between bombs, rockets or torpedo to fight
>>
>>7600329
wings of fury
the amiga version was best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZSwdqg6VE4

there might be a remake
>>
A PC puzzle game, windows 95 i think, where you control a balloon going through some obstacle course. You blow air to move, deflating. Moreover, touching spikes deflates you more. The backgrounds were photos of monuments. Anyone remembers the name?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>7596152
It has to be frogger 3d. check the lawnmover level.
>>
>pc game
>early 90s?
>2d submarine game
>cartoonish graphics
>submarine was yellow?

I can't remember much else but I think you were blasting octopus and other sea creatures. I do remember that the game over screen had a octopus wrapping it's tentacles around your character or the submarine.
>>
>>7601102
In Search of Dr. Riptide
>>
>>7601209
Thank you anon!
I've been trying to remember the name of it for a while.
>>
Longshot but I've got two.

First was an adventure game where you played as a monkey in a zoo or in captivity. Your first puzzle was escaping your cage. I think it was a dos game with typical pixel art.

Another game was a simple 'fighting' game with a red and blue trex. Game had simple controlsna joystick with a red button kind of like an atari 2600. You and player two fought each other in a desert with cacti. Sadly the chrome browser shit had poisoned any search about T REXES and cacti
>>
>>7595794
Tongue of the Fat Man.

No, seriously. It was an early fighter for the PC, Atari ST and Amiga.
>>
File: dino rex.gif (2.55 MB, 320x221)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB GIF
>>7601261
>Another game was a simple 'fighting' game with a red and blue trex

Dino Rex?
https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7587
>>
>>7601461
Nah, but thanks. This is like. Super low res. When I say red trex mean like. A block of red pixels in the shape of a trex
>>
>>7595571
Windows 95 or 98, point n click adventure in a castle with good artwork, so i feel it was probably win98. Lots of text, turn based combat. I remember talking to a wizard and a lady in different rooms. Really well made portraits and background art. Anybody have any ideas
>>
File: scummvm00022-1.png (71 KB, 687x430)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>7596152
Putt putt joins the parade
>>
No one will ever get this one.

This was a computer game, released between 1990 and 2010 (I’m guessing before 2003 but w/e)

It was a point and click activity game. There was this main city/town square area, and I think as you did more stuff, more buildings and activities appeared and were available to you.

Also, one thing you could do was watch some character go on some 2D quest, where they keep progressing to the right, but then some obstacle stopped them.
If you progressed more (in some OTHER activity), you could watch them start again but this time they’d be able to get past that obstacle and move on to the next one (EX: some rope appears and they use it to climb down a shaft into a cave or down a cliff or something, idk)

And I’m pretty sure this song plays during that part, or maybe somewhere else in the game.
https://youtu.be/g8syRhvSZdk
‘The Entertainer’

I will straight up paypal 20 bucks to whoever finds it
>>
File: shannara-8.png (111 KB, 640x480)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>7601481
Death Gate or Shannara?
>>
Need help remembering...

> May have been open source or "freeware"
> Was for the PC. Never been ported to consoles.
> 2D run and gun, with free mouse aim.
> Dingy mid-90's graphics
>>
Ok, this is pretty vague

-2d pixel game 90's (possibly pc game or using some console emulator of that era)
-character use a bug/butterfly net to catch 'something'
-the catch movement is vertical (not horizontal like zelda a link to the past)

inb4
>animal crossing
>terraria
>ape escape
>zelda a link to the past

>what other game you guys know that uses this item?
>>
>>7600384
TY anon!
>>
>>7601676
>>7601676
Holy fuck, that looks like it. Ive asked in numerous of these threads over tha last few years, never got it. You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
This was about 25 years ago since I played this game, so my memory is a bit patchy of this game:

Game exactly or almost like Elite on the nes.
Reach a planet and come across some reception desk with a blonde female receptionist to trade some stuff or talk to. Possibly there's 2 guys talking to each other at the end of the desk and they might be blocking a way to a hallway.
You either get to control your character or it was point and click.
Also a PAL game.

This has been on my mind for a few years now.
>>
>>7595571
I can't remember much, as the years pass I remember less and less about it.
It was an alien game, it was clearly a kid game.
You object was to save your friend(and no, it's not Abe) and you move around a small world(you kinda had a fish vision, you were always walking this small globe, like DBZ's Kaio's Planet). There was a boat so you could pass the river and so on.
>>
there was this game I saw while visiting a relative
>PC real time strategy
>3D or pre-rendered sprites
>side UI with talking humanoid robot
there was probably a warning light in the UI and the robot explodes when you lose. its all I remember
>>
>>7601819
starflight?
>>
>>7595571
Trying to remember the name of a game where you fly through space on a sled, you got a jetpack and a blaster, and you go into space stations to blow up a reactor and then get out as fast as you can.
>>
>>7601682

Too vague, give more detail, any detail
>>
>>7602001
>Too vague, give more detail, any detail

I think it is a DOS game, I downloaded it because it was marked as freeware, or open source. I do not remember. It was a 2D run and gun side scroller. The game had mouse aim and you could shoot in any direction. The game had a very rusty-metal dystopian future look. The main character has a laser gun.
>>
>>7601769
River king 2 for game boy color
>>
>>7601980
Air fortress
>>
>>7602017
thanks
>>
>>7598889
No
>>7599714
No I forgot to mention its a fps I don't think I'll ever find it
>>
>>7595571
Around the late 90s I think
The game was like warcraft kind of and you could move your hero around the map and pick up some blue crystals and piles of gold or something, also had some spells. Don't think you had other units besides your main guy. I remembered it being some iteration of heroes of might and magic but I was totally wrong.
Box art might've been some Zeus looking old man.
>>
>>7596152
Wasn't there a lawnmower in a toy story game?
>>
pc point and click/adventure game with heavy fmv. youre an alien whose ship is in some american desert and you have to repair the ship or something. there was some native american guy there in the desert and you could go to a nearby store where a lady would pull up a shotgun after certain dialogue prompts. no idea what time period but probably around the dawn of disc media.
>>
File: 1607107059920.jpg (105 KB, 540x540)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
- Neo-Geo
- it was a beat-them-up (left to right)
- you could play as a ninja, a girl and some other guy
- pretty good graphics
>>
>>7601769
sounds like super solvers: treasure mountain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTrNVwAKtLk

let me know if if that is it.
>>
>>7601876
Sounds like Z, maybe? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxSoEFs6gt8
>>
>>7601876
kind of sounds like Z, a mid 90s rts... was kind of unique for the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpgVuzrFN2M
>>
>>7602007
Sounds like Abuse to me
>>
>>7602161
Age of Wonders or Lords of Magic?
>>
>>7601537
not after the money anon but can you give some more detail, like what time setting in game? it seems vaguely familiar to me ( never played but i might know of it). this seems like an early 90s adventure game for dos.
>>
Hi!
In Japan, in Takadanobaba Game Center Mikado, we played a game in wich you had to steal ¿mochi? from a monk, who was looking into three directions. If you get caught, he hits you with his staff. 3 hits and you loose.
We can't remember the game name, does anyone knows?
Thanks in advance!
>>
>Either a beat em up or a fighter for the GB
>A world map or city or something where you walk to your fights
>The fight announcer (At least that's what my friend referred to him as) could also challenge you to a fight and if he did he would run up to you on the map screen
>>
dos game from pre-2005, was a music rhythm game. was simple shapes on a black background, and you would press spacebar to the beat to jump and avoid obstacles. have been looking for years and cant find anything
>>
Mid 90s my family had a space shooter on rails kinda like star Fox, for pc. Don’t remember if it was 1st or 3rd person.
>>
>>7596985
this kind of map thing was typical of capcom games at the time(think final fight etc).

captain commando fits your description in that the mapping is similar, the final level shows a space ship. and there is kind of a sci-fi theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta2UnwzcPLg

let me know if it s the game.
>>
>>7601537
Richard Scarry's Best Neighborhood Disc Ever!
>>
>>7602214
>>7602216
thanks, this could really be it. I don't think there are other similar games
>>
>>7595571
I'm looking for a game. You played as the comic strip character BC, who was a caveman and you were on a quest for tyres.
>>
>>7596919
Waxworks?
>>
>>7602317
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.C.%27s_Quest_for_Tires
>>
You play a chick who raids tombs.
>>
>>7597292
bump

>>7602184
Ninja Warriors?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL08VAzkH5o
This is a re-release on modern consoles, but it used to be on the neogeo and snes.
>>
>>7599787
Battlechess? Chessmaster?
>>
>>7602218
>Sounds like Abuse to me

Yup, that's it.
>>
>>7602327
Sounds like Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.
>>
>>7602290
https://youtu.be/_kjgB8KtJTw
This one?

No, that’s not it I’m pretty sure.

>>7602224
I’m pretty sure it’s not for dos, I wanna say it was for a computer that ran windows 95, 98, or xp (although some dos games still work on those) It was probably between 95 and 2005. I’m thinking the colors were more advanced than what you see in these early 90s games. I used to play this at my grandmother’s house, along with some monster truck game and Jurassic Park Chaos Island.

The time period in game was modern (at the time, so like 90s-2000s ish) I’m pretty sure.
>>
>>7602391
It was Street Fighter II Turbo.
>>
>>7602437
>Jurassic Park Chaos Island
So, 1997 or later.
>>
Wait that makes no sense, sorry.
>>
>>7602174
Escape From Planet Arizona?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zul5Y4naCQU
>>
>>7595571
I was gonna ask about an MS-DOS game I'd played back in the mid-90s. I had drawn up an image to describe it, which was a real-time top-down grid-based movement puzzle/rpg game. The main feature it sported was the map was dark except for the areas you could see, and despite the movement being grid-based, you could see LoS at angles. The only thing I really remembered was that it was based in a forest.

But then I plugged what I knew into Google and found it. It was "Quest 2 - The Forest Trap". Thanks, thread.
>>
>>7602324
That's it anon. Maybe you can help with another one. It was on the c64 and you played as either male or female park rangers and you patrolled the park, picking up cans from the river, jumping on turtles, growing a plant but mainly just patrolling the park.
>>
>>7602741
Park Patrol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpwfoDA-cs
>>
>>7602013
>River king 2 for game boy color
>>7601836
>One of the Harvest Moons maybe

nice looking games :), but no, i must to add the game was more side scroll than this kind of top view.

>>7602206
>let me know if if that is it
close enough about the way it swings the net, but sadly it not trigger my memory :/
>>
awesome
>>
>>7602161
What >>7602223 suggested or Disciples : Sacred Lands.
>>
>>7602225
Bump this, i'm totally in need of that :D
>>
>>7601537
The mechanics you describe sound a lot like Weapon Shop Fantasy or Adventurer Manager, but they're too new to be it.
>>
- Top down view, GTA2-esque
- Shooting weapons
- Broken down urban environment
- I think there were monsters running towards you to shoot them
- 2D graphics, probably no 3D at all
>>
some dreamcast game where you play as tanks in a desert
>>
>>7603926
Crimsonland?
>>
>>7603949
Wild Metal?
>>
>>7603985
That's the one. Thanks anon.
>>
>>7602225
Finally found:
TSURURIN KUN
>>
>>7603957
No, the graphics were a lot order, and it was a lot more "urban".

Lots of grey, destroyed building, more pixelated, maybe late 90s graphics at most.
>>
>>7597292
>scifi/cyberpunk themed isometric game with a shades wearing black protagonist.
Shadow Watch?
>>
>>7603926
but this could be describing Fallout / Fallout Tactics
>>
>>7604321
It's definitely a shooter, probably akin to >>7603957

Top down, action shooter, urban environment, I maybe remember that some of the enemies reminded me of zerglings
>>
>>7604369
try checking those Alien Shooter / Zombie Shooter games then, idk
>>
>>7602223
>>7602986
I don't think those are it, but thanks anons. My memory of it is so hazy they might as well be, ill check them out anyway since they look good.
>>
>>7602594
yeah thanks that was it. i was starting to think it was some weird fever dream.
>>
>>7602287
That is similar, but the map in the one I'm trying to find had each stage neatly divided in tiny boxes.
As far as memory serves, it was not nearly as impressive graphics and sound-wise as Captain Commando. Probably something inbetween Green Beret and Ninja Warriors (fairly big gap, I know, but definitely no CPS1).
And I don't think there was z axis movement, but I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, thanks for giving it a shot!
>>
>>7604131
Nope, it was isometric but the game I'm looking for has 3d graphics and definitely not a strategy game.
>>
File: 1544283837-1358128227.jpg (54 KB, 500x375)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>7603926
Take No Prisoners?
>>
Oh my fuck. Okay

Was on windows 95 or 98. Top down adventure/action rpg. You played as a wizard. You had a basic projectile attack you upgraded by collecting orbs, and could get additional spells which all cost mana. There were equipment upgrades. Game had a very...pretendered sort of look to it?
>>
File: 1612400675546.jpg (521 KB, 750x737)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
Been racking my brains

Arcade game (not sure if ever ported to consoles/pc)

Jungle themed and all I remember is climbing up and down ropes to get to other platforms. Kind of like Flashback for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive. I *think* there were only two levels you could climb up and down to and it had side scrolling.

I'll keep checking the thread. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>7605476
What did the character that you control look like?
>>
PC Shareware-ish type game. Believe it was called "W.K.F. Who Kills First".

It was top down, split screen. Only mode was 2-player against each other. No single player and no co-op etc. strictly 1v1.

You got guns, rocket launchers, etc and shot at each other.

I can find no record of this game on the internet. It is like is just disappeared .
>>
File: 004.png (189 KB, 640x480)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>7605424
Mage Slayer?
>>
Hey guys, I’m looking for a computer game company, from perhaps the 90s’ to 2000s, with an animated tornado cartoon character with eyeballs as their intro logo thing.

I think they made educational and or kids games.

I searched with no luck
>>
>>7605476
Bermuda Syndrome?
>>
>>7605718
nvm, I forgot you were looking for an arcade game
>>
File: pitfall.jpg (192 KB, 720x526)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>7605476
Wat it Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure?
>>
>>7605684
To be honest it sounds like U.S. Gold, but the intro character is the Tasmanian Devil a.k.a. "Taz" maybe? I can't help you with the specific game but look up images of Taz and it could put you on the right track.
>>
>>7606054
Definitely not Taz
>>
>>7606054
>>7605684
Looked like one of these
With some yellow lightning
>>
File: images (17).jpg (47 KB, 678x452)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>7604369
>>7603926
Machine hunter? Could you "steal" enemies?
https://youtu.be/pf8TOWvLd9E
>>
>Point and click adventure game
>2D drawn graphics
>You play as a fat priest
>The ending is completely retarded and doesn't explain anything, studio probably ran out of budget
>>
>>7605684
Maybe this https://youtu.be/gWf3gMrwexE
It's from Discworld 2 btw.
>>
>>7606882
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XmJAI6h_xSQ
>>
>>7606901
Definitely what a priest looks like
>>
File: Spoiler Image (29 KB, 450x259)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>7595571
I would rather not.
>>
>>7606891
Not that, but thank you.
>>
>>7595571
- Sega Genesis
- Isometric Beat 'em up
- Main character is an Indiana Jones look-alike with the same kind of sable hat
- Used a whip as one of his main weapons
- One of the bosses (I think the final boss?) looked like an alien from the movie Alien.
>>
Game 2:

- Sega Channel game
- 2D fighting game with cute furry anthropomorphic animals as characters. Reminded me a lot of Clay Fighters but cuter.
- The main character I believe was a rabbit.
>>
>>7607082
its either primal rage or Clay Fighter (there were sequels)
>>
>>7607076
maybe bart's nightmare during the indian jones level
>>
>>7603926
contra for SNES
>>
>>7607082
>>7607223
There's also Paws of Fury though
>>
File: 0048.png (60 KB, 640x448)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>7607076
that's definitely Growl by Taito
>>
>>7606882
Maybe this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JoH5N6oHF0
>>
>>7607289
>Runark/Growl
It's pretty underwhelming compared to the arcade version. That one supports 4 players and an ungodly amount of enemies on screen. Pretty chaotic for the year.
>>
File: Capture.png (1.8 MB, 1001x871)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>7607289
I was wondering why it looked so freaking different from what I remembered...then realized that the arcade and Sega versions are almost completely different. Even the final boss was changed!
>>
>>7607754
Yes was just checking if anyone on /vr/ played it
>>
IDK if I dreamt this game or not but I remember seeing in a magazin an ad for an arcade game which seemed like a fighting game with two huge sprites of two dudes who looked like Prince Adam from He-Man fighting. The saw the back of the dude from the left and the front of the one to the right.
The sprites took the whole screen and whenever one of the fighters took a knockdown they rubbed their back.
Part of me is sure I didn't dreamt it because I remember seeing it in a magazine and an actual arcade when I was a wee lad.
>>
>>7607846
>the saw
You* saw. Man My english sucks today.
>>
>>7607843
>played
Most of the requests posted here can usually be solved with a simple jewgle search, sometimes with a little bit of rummaging through Mobygames.
I've found a lot of games I had never heard about for anons that way.
>>
could an anon identify this track or the game it's from?
https://files.catbox.moe/nxcknb.mp3
99% sure it's /vr/ territory due to the compression, could be wrong though.
>>
Trying to think of a game I have bery faint memories of as a kid. It was on the Sega Saturn, and the bits I can remember are you’re playing a dude investigating something. The beginning area is going through a hedge maze, before you have to go into a mansion and deal with spooky shit.
>>
File: Oded-Fehr.jpg (598 KB, 1529x1900)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
Really a longshot since I am not even sure I remember it right.

What I do know :

1. Pc game. I'd say it was madr between 1996 and 2002.

2. I only played a demo so I have no idea if it was ever released.

3. It was a rpg, and the demo puts you in a forest area. I think it was isometric, but it is also possible that it was a free form camera kind of deal.

4. A character joins you that is a bandit/rogue /thief. He is an archer that looks kind of like pic related. Also with some kind of facial tattoos which I think were around his eyes and he had different kind of arrows (like exploding arrows)

That is pretty much it.
>>
>>7607882
Could be Alone in the Dark 2. It had a Saturn port.
>>
I played a NES platformer once where a human-ish character in what I remember to be pink or red clothes ran around, and the first level was some grassland with a big blue lake or sea in the background. I recall the character being able to shoot pink pellets but this may be a faulty memory.
>>
>>7597292
Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy would be my best guess, I doubt it though
>>
I can't remember the name of gba game.
Gameplay was like a platform, you use an old explorer looking for the treasure at the end of the level and to go through the obstacles you use some kind of creatures with different purposes.
I'm in your hands
>>
>>7608271
Not her, but she's definitely not talking about Nightlong
>>
>>7595571
well its not a game per se but its a level
more specifically a mario kart track

the only thing i remember was that it was a wario or waluigi track and and was stadium and somewhat rollercoaster like

i played it as a kid so it rules out anything after the gamecube, but when looking back on the games i cant seem to find the track how i remember it
>>
>>7595571
i remember playing a game for the mega drive where you play as a crocodile or alligator or smth, it was pretty bad, i think i got it out of a bargain bin
>>
>>7606918
go back into your hole
>>
File: Pinball.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>7608679
I get a feeling its not this track, but maybe?
>>
>>7608271
Nope sorry. It's not a point& click adventure game.
>>
>>7605382
>Death Gate

That reminds me of Mageslayer. Might be the same company.
>>
>>7605486 - It's been a very long time. But I believe the character had long hair and wore almost something that looked like a gee (karate gee) in green.

>>7605764 - Not Pitfall
>>
~1994 DOS game
It was similar to the game Blake Stone, in that it was a FPS with other aspects than 'shoot anything that moves'. Similar graphics to wolfenstein, but less blue.
-It had an inventory system where you could pick up weapons/items off the ground
-The first level invovled dropping you by helicopter into some breifing room. Immediately after was a snow area and a log cabin?

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THAT GAME WAS!
>>
>>7609691
nm, found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_R60lU7Cw
>>
>>7608095
Kirby?
>>
>>7608095
Sounds like Amagon
>>
RTS game mid to late 90s Fantasy, Medieval themed the demo disc had a load of quest style missions instead of a pure RTS element but did have your regular RTS elements units could carry items and gain levels and objective notifcations had a weird echoy Klaxon noise.

Oh and a lot of the human units sort of looked like Shakespeare
>>
>>7612363
Warlords Battlecry?
>>
I'm trying to remember a game I saw in the year 1999. It was on DOS or Windows. The perspective was like a top down shooter floating around in space, with 8 way scrolling, and the playfield was colorful and populated with objects.... I don't remember if it was even a shooter, it might have been a puzzler of some sort. The one time I played it was on the school computer on my off time so it was probably shareware... the sprites weren’t high res
>>
might be tough
Likely late 90's early '00.
Some top down shooter where you would shoot dinosaurs or stuff as a commando, very comical and colorful. I remember running around to get colored keys to open doors. And I swear I remember a candy-land level.
The only time I even remember playing this computer game was at Targets and other department stores in the electronics section on demo'd PCs.
>>
>>7612468
That's a Mac exclusive game called Power Pete, it came bundled with some models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThqdtsJsUIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agmL-etDnUk
>>
>>7611794
That's exactly it, thanks anon
>>
>top down pacman
>Rocket launchers
>Christmas levels
>Had a story
>Bought it from a clothing store in like 2000
>>
>>7595571
>Win98 hovercraft game
>Possibly D3D accelerated (definitely not another API)
>Some level of loadout customization
>LAN co-op
>>
>>7613075
amazing
some things come up exactly as memory serves and other seem to have gotten lost in time.
+1 to you
>>
>shitty little win 95 game on a bootleg cd or something like that
>bugs invade your backyard and try to steal your sugar cubes, you gotta squash them with a flyswatter
>>
>>7613901
Battlezone 2?
>>
>>7595571

Alright, my school in Brasil had this game we used to play on the PCs sometimes, and I have no idea how to even search for it properly

The basic idea of the game was really simple puzzles, one after the other, like a match the image to the sound, or english words to the object they represent, maybe there was more complex stuff like crossword or word search.

But the thing is, it wasnt really one game, but it was as if it was made by a program made to create extremely generic edutainment games, and I think there was a place online somewhere where lady just downloaded whatever one was appropriated for the time, or made the little games herself (Which I sincerely doubt), I vividly remember a halloween pack, with a little witch

I believe we used to play this on Windows XP machines, but I do remember when the computers switched from 98 to XP, so I could be wrong, but I have a vague Win 3.11 vibe from my memories so the program could be even older
>>
>game starts out with a cutscene where they strap a vampire down to a bed and throw it out a window in the bright sunlight, burning it alive.
That's all i remember, PS2-Early XB360 era game
>>
All the games in this thread are fucking shit, don't waste your time looking for them
>>
>>7614193
Wrong!
>>
>>7612434
Operation: Inner Space?
>>
>>7597292
Sanity: Aiken's Artifact
>>
Here goes nothing. I played this on an Amiga 500 but it was probably ported to other systems too. It was a top down/profile schmups kind of view though don't think it involved shooting anything, rather navigating a maze/puzzle. I think it was a timed and there was a heartbeat sound in the background that got faster and faster as the time ran out. It had a parallax backgroud
>>
File: reception.png (4 KB, 494x342)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>7601886
Eeh, guess not. But here's a mock up of the reception desk from what I remember.
>>
>>7614692
did it involve trampolines?
>>
>>7614997
Nah don't think so
>>
>>7614441
Can't believe they made games like that in 2000.
>>
>>7614997
Nah I don't think so. The best comparison I have for it is Abyss. Same parallax background style, but the heartbeat sound in the background was the main thing..
>>
>>7596152
Hovver Bovver?
>>
Looking for a PC game. Maybe as early as windows 98, maybe a little later. I remember the graphics being decent for the time period. It was a stealth type game where you had to get your characters through each level. I remember a museum level where you’ll would hide in large vases if spotted, prison levels etc. I think there were multiple characters to control but not sure
>>
Looking for 2 games played at a friend's place late 90s, could have been on an Amiga or DOS/Win95, I didn't know anything about PCs back then. Somehow remember Minesweeper on it though, anyway:

1) Point & Click Adventure with a small boy as main character
- Darkish themed city
- Had a slot machine throwing out coins some screens near spawn

2) Strategy game like Pikmin
- Afaik had little red units/bugs that you had to move around and solve riddles with
- Maps had some grey bridges, some collapsed

Looked for lots of sites listing Adventure/Strategy games from around Amiga/DOS era with no luck so far, help me frens.
>>
File: 1617253029096.jpg (229 KB, 750x731)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>7595571
Name all the 3D adventure games you know that are similar to the first two Elder Scrolls. I'm looking for a game and I'm becoming convinced that it never existed and it was a figment of my imagination.
>>
>>7595571
It's a game I played on the Turbo Grafx 16. The character I was playing as looks like Jason Voorhees.
>>
>>7618257
splatterhouse for sure
>>
>>7618268
Ah, yes! Thank you.
>>
>>7618237
what, like Dungeon Master, Ultima Underworld, Wizardries, Might&Magic? gonna be a long list.
you're probably looking for TES:Battlespire if you think it was a fever dream.
>>
>>7595571
I remember a shmup where you played as a germ who ate other germs to get stronger. I played it at the arcade.
>>
>>7617702
1) Sanitarium?
2) Gruntz
>>
There was a game I played on a Mac around 1999-2002 where you play as an alien. The first part takes place near a barn and you walk around. That's all I really remember about it.
It's possible I'm thinking of Otto Matic, the first level definitely involves a spaceship landing and exploring a barn, but it doesn't exactly match my memories. I feel like you play as more of a traditional alien and not a robot. I also don't really remember enemies and humans being around either.
>>
>>7617702
>>7618971
Sadly no.
1) Looks similar to Hugo's House of Horrors (dark city, pure 2D) but with a smaller character and more for kids.
2) Had graphics/theme/view similar to Settlers I
Maybe it helps...
>>
At one point in the early 2000 I got my hands on a demo for some kind of squad sci-fi shooter. Looked kinda Unreal-ish.
It was a mission on some kind of island and opening cutscene explained my missing and very dramatically panned over each squad memeber and announced "Sniper! Grunt! Heavy gunner!" and if you die, you take control as the next in line.
I think I found out later that the game was cancelled, but I'm not sure and still curious what it was.
>>
>>7612363
Tzar: The Burden of Crown, perhaps?

I have very fuzzy memories of it, but leveling up units fit.
>>
>>7618898
okay, what about a game that has a large 3d grassland overworld that you can travel in any direction (360)?
>>
>>7595571
I got a CD in a magazine, was like PC 600 games-in-one or something like that. Had a bunch of apogee shareware games and some other little known stuff. Wish I remembered the name of the CD and look on Ebay for it or something. Friends computer somehow fried it.
>>
>>7621105
was it released by gold star software? they did a ton of compilation disks like this and most of them are on archive.org
>>
>>7621156
Wish I remembered. Can't remember the CD art. Was 20 years ago sadly
>>
>>7621105
try here: http://cd.textfiles.com/directory.html
>>7621080
M&M 6-8, Wiz8, possibly Gothic 1/2?
>>
>>7621080
Betrayal at Krondor
>>
File: Galaga.jpg (60 KB, 600x600)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I'm trying to remember an horizontal shooter I used to play at the arcade.
You piloted a white ship that could transform in a robot.
From what I recall it looked like Galaga, but you could actually move around and it scrolled so it's probably later but still from the 80s. It was in one of these cabinets with hundreds of old games in it.
>>
>>7621662
I'm not sure that this is it, but it is the closest to what I remember.
>>
File: 29837938.jpg (215 KB, 1268x479)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>7622143
w8 or ultima 9 perhaps?
>>
>>7617702
>1) Point & Click Adventure with a small boy as main character
>- Darkish themed city
>- Had a slot machine throwing out coins some screens near spawn

was the kid a super hero by any chance?
>>
>>7622187
The overworld of Krondor was almost spot on, but it was definitely DOS with early 3D sprite-based graphics. I also remember it running smoother and without dialogue interruptions, maybe also fullscreen. It may or may not have also transitioned to 2D when indoors. Thanks for the help so far.
>>
File: 30945809345.jpg (53 KB, 639x361)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>7622232
how about the might and magic games? check them all, there's like 10 of them.
>>
File: 297923.jpg (1.2 MB, 3775x1415)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>7622232
or Ishar?
>>
>>7595571
ok i forgot this shit once more
>win 95-98 and PS1
>had 2 characters to select, one was a hot chick
>3d like rpg but
>PC demo had you starting in a graveyard
>>
File: 1611318469874.jpg (72 KB, 500x500)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>7622248
M&M 7 is the closest, it was like a mix of Krondor and M&M 7. I should probably add that I was like 4 or 5 when I played this game, so I'm working with really early and unreliable memories. I just enjoyed wandering the overworld.

If the 2D section is part of the same game and I'm not mixing games up, then there was a castle near the start of the game which transitioned to a 2D sidescroller area, and I remember distinctly that if you went into the basement/cellar/cave-looking area, there was a face on the wall that would vaporize you if you attempted to cross.

Thanks for all the help so far.
>>
>>7622292
NVM remembered it, its Nightmare Creatures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34HoSUD-TyM
>>
File: 29372935.png (778 KB, 2178x1194)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
>>7622232
bards tale?
>>
>>7622385
No.
>>7622313
>>
Would it be too terribly off-topic if I asked about something other than a videogame but related to them?
Just wondering if anyone else here remembers this old webcomic that poked fun at digital stores by portraying them as women trying to gold dig the protagonist (probably author-self insert) with sales and timed discounts. Their breast size was proportional to the amount of games available (obviously Steam was the one with the biggest tits).
I'm guessing it's probably died and been taken off line.
>>
File: Hudson-620x.jpg (24 KB, 620x350)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>snake
>border
>pic related

PLEASEE
>>
>>7614127
Constantine. Playstation2
>>
>>7622232
Or maybe Drakkhen?
>>
File: nocturne.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>7599574
Nocturne?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXBGGuwB3w
>>
File: bruteforce.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>7619440
Reminds me of Brute Force on the Xbox
>>
>>7622196
No, was just a small kid moving around. Kinda looked similar to a Habbo character.
>>
Pc Space shmup, around windows 95~98 era.
3 selectable characters/spaceships, one of them is a girl
Can be controlled with mouse or the keyboard, supports 2 simultaneous players at least.
Before the first stage begins the phrase "In space no one can hear you scream" appears on the screen (certainly a reference to alien, but definitely the game is not related to Alien)
>>
>>7601261
Primal Rage
>>
>>7601682
Abuse
>>
>>7595571
Airplane simulator, can't remember any other detail than that at the last level, rather than a plane, you control an UFO and have to destroy everything on the map
>>
>>7607986
Evil Island
>>
Helecopter arcade game. Perspective is more like AfterBurner or Space Harrier I think. The first level is in the jungle and the 2nd level is in the city. You had to rescue people by picking them up before flying forward a bit and dropping them off. The arcade controls used a flight stick where you could either fire your machine gun or fire rockets with the two different buttons.
>>
>>7625474
thunder blade
>>
>>7625493
actually no its probably air rescue
>>
>>7625493
Nah, the first level was a jungle level and rescuing people was a big part of the game
>>
>>7625474
choplifter 3?
https://youtu.be/lrRJjXgOvUA
>>
>>7625524
>>7625575
No its not that one either. The camera was set behind the helicopter and not in the cockpit or on the side. Also the action was linear like afterburner. You didn't have any control over stopping to grab the people, it was at set points in the stage
>>
I was going to ask for help with a DOS game that was like a cybernetic Resident Evil type game. Then I remembered it had Bio in the name and found it.

Bioforge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioForge

Anybody here play this?
>>
File: thunder_blade_arcade.jpg (391 KB, 1530x1080)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>7625474
I second
>>7625493
Thunder Blade fits your description almost perfectly
>>
Here's a hard one.

- Was on one of those free game sites where people made games in click and play or something like that
- Point and click game adventure style game
- Main character was some sort of private detective
- There was a supporting character who owned a shop, he had a shop helper and used to call him "a little creep"
>>
>>7625682
a case of the crabs?
>>
pc game.i bet French. early 3d like alone in the dark. you play a dude that travels through time , first he fights cave men and later future tanks.

another game, also 3d and hand drawn backgrounds like alone in the dark (the game before doesn't have hand drawn backgrounds) French guy goes into a museum and sneaks in at night or something and then maybe time travel but clearly something about old monks in an Abby like assassin's creed and no it's not the meme druid game with the shouting faggot on the cover.

both pc.
>>
>Game 1
Don't remember well but I think it was a PC game and either a FPS or a third-person camera game. The striking thing I remember about it is that early on you could enter a door and then a FMV of a woman doing some kind of Arabian dance would play.

>Game 2
PC Egyptian-themed puzzle game that looked like Solomon's Key but with better graphics (had the same "one screen side-view" style). I barely remember anything about this game but I think you could shoot some purple projectiles?

>Game 3
An Egyptian-themed arcade on-rails shooter. One thing I remember is that before the level began you could choose one of three bullet colors (I think the options were red, blue and yellow) and each bullet color had differences, like one had more power but lower magazine size so you had to reload more often. And I think the "gun" was some king of Anubis-head staff?
>>
>>7598794
not that anon, but holy shit they had this on the pc's in my local adventure playground lol never seen the name before
>>
>>7625953
First one sounds like Time Commando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acj1ewLSD9Y
>>
>>7598791
First one sounds like Zeek the Geek
https://frank-deng.github.io/zeek-the-geek/
>>
>>7625996
Welp, found out that game 3 was The Maze of the Kings.
>>
>>7625996
Game 2 sounds kinda like Crypt Raider, was it a flash game?
>>
This is not actually a game I played, but rather one some anon did a playthrough of for /v/ years and years ago. It was an old DOS shareware adventure game, which I can't remember anything except for the very last screen, where the protagonist finds a friend or some random kid just chilling in a grassy field in the middle of some hellish landscape with fire in the background, and apparently there were more chapters but OP had to end there because, as the notice at the end said, you had to buy the rest of the game through mail order or something. I also remember a Oz-ish brick road but it could have been something entirely different.
>>
>>7595571
I think this barely edges on retro since this was the mid 2000s
I remember me and my cousins got in trouble when we played a beat-em-up with a similar artstyle to Alien Hominid. IIRC, it was available on totaljerkface. I remember you played as a grade school kid beating up other children around town.
>>
>>7595571
Early '90s, parent's had a Tandy 1000 RLX, they bought me a math game with dinosaurs as characters, the main menu where you choose a lesson had a blue dinosaur pointing a stick, and the packaging it came in looked like a blue backpack. I have searched and searched but could never find anything online.
>>
>>7626202
Crypt Raider looks kinda similar, but the game I remember didn't use cartoony graphics and I think you were bound by physics and couldn't just float everywhere like that. I don't think it was made in flash, but it came in one of those CDs full of freeware/demos.
>>
>>7625953
I think your 2nd game is Time Gate
https://youtu.be/SGSibblp1FM
>>
Might as well give this a shot: not a game I played, but I remember seeing pictures of it in a few old PC games magazines around either the mid-late 90s, or early 00s.

IIRC, it was an isometric game, similar to X-COM, Syndicate, or Crusader: No Remorse, for example. I believe it was a squad-based game, and the art style was a mix of sci-fi and horror (enemies were either some kind of mutated abominations, or hell creatures).
>>
>>7626543
Abomination: The Nemesis Project or maybe Incubation.
>>
PC game that I remember playing on windows ME but there's a small chance it might have been on DOS. Shareware game that was like late 90's to early 2000's era game. Definitely played it around 2002-2003.

It was 2D, from the perspective of looking out at a landscape. Sort of gritty, not cartoony. Full color. I kind of remember wasteland themed art, and maybe a volcano or something. The art style of the landscapes was more realistic than it was cartoony.
You try and destroy the enemies to advance to the next level. All I can remember are some of the enemies, which in my memory, are these geometric shaped things. I definitely remember circular shaped enemies, like blue and green and purple dudes with no limbs, there may have been other shapes but I can’t remember for sure.

It was not a match 3 kind of game, and it wasn't like worms/tanks
It had levels/stages
In between stages, the game occasionally prompted me to buy the full game.
I believe the objective was to eliminate a bunch of enemies that were in front of the landscape. I remember many, if not all of them, were circular.
There were weapons I think, I vaguely remember explosions
It may have had Ball in the title somewhere. I'm not very confident in this.
I think the enemies you had to destroy may have had faces, or some kind of unique characteristic to the different kinds.
If anyone could even lend me a clue I would be so thankful, I've spent too long thinking about this. Thanks!

It wasn't Geometry Wars, Deathball, or Battlezone
>>
>>7626563
First one could very well be it - it's checking a lot of the boxes. Definitely not the second one, since I definitely recall playing that one at some point.

Know of any other games similar to Abomination?
>>
>>7626590
Certainly can't recall any right now. Syndicates are the closest I can remember besides Incubation.
>>
>>7626590
Fallout Tactics? but I'm pretty sure you'd know if it was that.
>>
>>7595571
Ok, I've got a really hard and a easier one:

HARD ONE
>Side Scroller Shooter (like gradius). Old school.
>You are like a robot, that kinda looks like the Jet Enemy from Streets of Rage
>From somewhere Before 1996
>Gugu, a Brazilian TV host had like a Show where kids from 02 teams compete in silly tasks - THIS GAME was one of these tasks.

EASY ONE
>It's a more recent one (graphics are like, ps2 tier)
>You're in a house, dark enviroment.
>There's a creature stalking you in the house
>It kills you in a jumpscare (it's not Five Night's shit)
>you can move your character freely
>it's a fps-horror game
>I saw it during a vinesauce stream.

Help /vr/
>>
File: 3313_1.png (5 KB, 384x224)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>7626883
>HARD ONE
hyper dyne side arms?
>>
>>7626907
or maybe a Macross game or even Hyper Duel?
>>
File: 1658_4a225f881a7b3.jpg (114 KB, 640x480)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>7626543
Gorky-17?
>>
>>7626057
Hell yeah, anon, that's him. Thanks. I remember playing Zeek, Doom and Mario games on shitty snes emulators in programming class. For some reason they taught us to code in MS-DOS.
>>
>>7626226
Da n me?
>>
>>7625928
Nah the graphics were pixelish and in colour.
>>
>>7599382
Reminds me of Thief: The Dark Project. The Assassins level.
>>
>>7626985
Remember how I wanted to play this when I was a little boy. Now when I played it it turns out to be pollack garbage.
>>
>>7627816
meh, it's alright.
it's not that crowded a genre, can't be much of a chooser.
>>
>>7626883
>Gugu, a Brazilian TV host had like a Show where kids from 02 teams compete in silly tasks - THIS GAME was one of these tasks.

Are you talking about the game on the timestamp? I don't know what game this is but with the video it should be easy for someone here to find out.
https://youtu.be/oi40CDj8R0A?t=474
>>
>>7627956
Dude, That's the SHOW. This is it. (Fuck, I am amazed how a non-brazilian would find this shit), but I DONT THINK it was the game. The Main CHARACTER LOOKED LIKE JET FROM STREETS OF RAGE. It was a humanoid robot of some kind, or someone in a space suit.
>>
>>7626907
>>7626920

Fuck guys...

I don't think it's any of these. But it's eeriely similar. Maybe I just don't remember it anymore (I was like, 5 at the time).
>>
>>7621750
Macross?
https://youtu.be/MVTzAYs9itk
>>
>>7628046
>I am amazed how a non-brazilian would find this shit
Mas eu sou br huehuehue
>>
>>7628106
it's a very messiah
>>
Anyone play a game called Mr. Malibus?
Played on pc in like 2000 but can’t find any record of it anywhere
>>
>>7608095
Amagon
>>
>>7627340
nope :(
>(nice game btw)

the fireplace was off and no wood either, i don't think you had the ability to shoot something, only interact with object (buttons above), well it was just a demo

iirc (probably wrong) the dark room effect resemble to the amnesia dark descent effect when you hide with lamp off
and the environment was more like hello neighbor game cartoonish colour-texture-object.

thanks for you post
>>
>>7628598
Not him but this game owns, play it even if it's not the one you're thinking of.
>>
File: 23742385.jpg (1.02 MB, 3729x1413)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>7621080
ShadowCaster?
>>
It's a third person ps1 game where you play as a priest/exorcist. I'm sure you have projectiles to take out the spooks. The first level was a factory I think. Maybe.
I think the guy you play as is bald but that could be wrong.
>>
>>7623374
It might be this. The sequel on the SNES seems closer to what I remember, but I know I played it on PC.
>>7628990
Probably not.
>>
>>7628046
The guy from Gynoug is supposed to have wings, but they kinda look like blonde hair so that might be it?

Otherwise Forgotten Worlds is also a shoot'em up where you play a guy flying and not a ship
>>
>>7599505
holy shit ive been trying to look for this too anon
>>
I wonder how many of the arcade game requests are one time prototypes put into random arcades to test if people are interested for more. I don't know too much about the old arcade business but I hear about "only a dozen machines ever made" really frequently.
>>
>>7613901
Hover Ace?
>>
>>7624231
Operation SpaceHog?
>>
>>7626883
>EASY ONE
I know you said ps2 tier graphics, but by any chance is the game P.T.? Or did it look more like one of those shovelware youtuber-bait games quickly made in Unity?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1MEht4ryY

Some details like if it had an UI or not, or what the monster looked like would help too.
>>
>>7626883
>HARD ONE
I know you said 96 but do you know exactly what console?
>>
>>7629557
Not him, but if he saw the game on the TV show with the creepy Brazilian Robotnik in >>7627956 then I'm assuming it is on the Genesis/Mega Drive since from what I'm seeing in that video all the games played were on that console.
>>
Auto scroller where you play as a ninja (I think) on the left hand side of the screen.
>>
>>7629419
Now that you mentioned, it might ps3 tier graphics. I was working at the time and just glanced at the screen during one of the death cinematics, so I don't remember how the UI looked like. I made a mental note because I thought the game looked rad and I wanted to try it later - BUT THEN I FUCKING FORGOT WHICH VINNESAUCE STREAM IT WAS FROM.

It's not P.T.

It could be a Shovelware kinda of game made on a pre existent engine, but sorry dude, I'm not really sure.

The monster was like pink/reddish collored, had tons of teeth and it crawled in the floor assuming a upright position during its attack.

plz doods help me out. This is bugging me for months now...
>>
>>7629557
what this guy said:>>7629665

I don't think it was a nintendo console. Almost positively sure it was either Genesis or Master System - but the game looked like 8bit (or very very early 16).
>>
late 90's 3D mafia/mob themed platformer/action game
first level starts on a boat and ends with getting a suit
characters look goofy and deformed, main character is short and fat like a potato
played it on PC
>>
This is a really long shot

Probably 1995-2002 light gun/on rails shooter.
First level started you on a firing range training exercise sorta mission.

There are only two more things i remember about it.

Color scheme was red-white-black. Maybe the cardboard cutouts you were supposed to shoot were red-colored for clear visibility?

Another thing is that if you shot at the very first target the second the game started before the camera progressed, you'd gain a machinegun powerup that allowed you full-auto fire. I think the powerup runs out after a while, though.
>>
>>7629227
IT WAS GYNOUG

THANK YOU JESUS

THANK YOU

GYNOUG

I COULD SUCK YOUR DICK RIGHT NOW SIR (NO HOMO)
>>
>>7626907
>>7626920
>>7627956
>>7629557

The HARD ONE was Gynoug.

Kinda ironic you guys found out the HARD ONE before the one I called EASY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vKyaz5seg&t=438s
>>
Another game i remember playing around 2001.

Probably from an edutaintment game collection, but not necessarily so. Theme of this particular minigame was the classic "wolves and sheep" boat puzzle, where you're supposed to ferry them across the river.

This particular game, however, had a "cannibals and missionaries" variation to it. If the number of cannibals was larger than the number of missionaires in the boat then they'd just straight up swallow them. I remember being pretty shocked by it since i played it when i was like 3.
>>
>>7626420
holy shit time gate is correct. nobody has ever gotten it on here in all those years. you can't be American. where are you from, anon?
i feel like nobody on here knows this game. there were a bunch of alone in the dark games back then that are totally forgotten by now
>>
>>7630539
I'm a frog. I remember that game being advertised a relative lot back when it was released.
>>
>>7626014
yes exactly! amazing game I mean all those different time periods they put in this yet another totally forgotten game is super ambitious..shame it plays like shit though
>>
>>7630546
hey my brother why are you still awake or are you up so early? that totally explains why you knew it and no single Anglo ever got it on this Anglo board. there maybe isn't even an English language version of this game? i don't know but there should be? I'm German and I used to have the German language version of this game. back then France produced so many great games. why did Infograms have to die?
>>
>>7630557
>hey my brother why are you still awake
I'm still a bit drunk from my friday night.
>why did Infograms have to die?
Probably because they made a lot of shit games, just like Titus.
But Infogrames didn't really die, they became Atari and published a bunch of good stuff. So they're not dead yet, just on life support right now.
>>
>>7630584
hahaha did you have some wine or what did you drink? typical french guy being drunk. i love it. what good games did they make under the Atari banner and do you watch Arte? France had some nice video game shows in the 90s, shame my french sucks.
>>
>>7630557
also the version sold on GOG has german audio and text available

>>7630594
>what did you drink
picrel

>what good games did they make under the Atari banner
They only published games and didn't develop anything. There were some big names in the bunch like Call of Pripyat, Arx Fatalis, The Witcher or NWN 2.

>do you watch Arte?
It's like one the three TV channels I ever watch. Lots of interesting documentaries and cultural stuff. I used to watch Tracks religiously every week when they were still talking about music and not degenerate shit.

>France had some nice video game shows in the 90s
We did have a few, but not on TV anymore. We do have a lot of gaming related websites, youtube channels, podcasts and streamers though.
>>
>>7630641
> I used to watch Tracks religiously every week when they were still talking about music and not degenerate shit

haha are you me? same here. used to watch it every week until it got the new intro. i miss the punk stepping out of the roundabout. I've also used to watch their short film magazine Court-circuit like mad back in 2005 but it turned into shit and i don't even know if it still exists nowadays. the French content is always better. more creative and fun while all the German stuff is so left winged and alternative and German it sucks the life out of you, super dull. fuck Germans.
Arte turned me into a massive Serge Gainsborough fan, the dude was the definition of based.

to add some video game related stuff so mods won't delete my comment: can you link me to old ffejch video game shows on YouTube and have you ever used Klik and Play? it's a French software and i know it had a big community of game makers in France.
>>
>>7630708
>can you link me to old ffejch video game shows
Just the ones I used to watch, I don't know them all

>Televisator 2
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xspix9

>Micro Kids (old formula)
https://youtu.be/RGYsFJnO5VQ

>Micro Kids (new formula)
https://youtu.be/T5g_h4vm_4k

>Cyber Flash
https://youtu.be/lSuZLwde59o

>Luna Park (a show from Belgium but it's french-speaking so let's count it)
https://youtu.be/H7aTIsmXaJE

>Game One (a whole channel dedicated to vidya, anime and other geek stuff)
https://youtu.be/iowULL3nB88
>>
>>7630775
fun fact : game one was actually a German format on MTV Germany. i know France got it's own version. they stopped doing that show and now have a 24/7 stream about video games and nerd stuff. only thing that does that in German.
>>
Not expecting much and my memory is total shit

Game is like dark seal / gate of doom
three characters with different abilities (magic, arrows and I can't remember the last one)
long hallways you could walk around in with different traps
I'm pretty sure it had monster generators
sprites were either photo sampled or well animated
could have been a site test or a bootleg arcade game because I never saw it anywhere else
>>
>fighting game from the 90s
>it was in Japanese
>there was this dude who (at least the way I understood it as a kid) had some skin injury, cuz his skin was all red
>they all spoke Japanese
>the females were all dyke-like
>there was a guy using a hammer, a wooden sword, a staff, nunchakus etc
>>
>>7630985
Sounds like Last Bronx to me.
>>
>>7601769
Treasure Mountain or Treasure Mathstorm
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>7630426
Police Trainer?
>>
>>7608932
Nah its a bit similair but it wasnt waluigi pinball, great fucking track tho
>>
>>7602161
Rival Realms?
>>
>>7631636
>>7602206
>>7602969
>>
There was this one browser game I played in the school library in the early 2000s, don't remember much but it was a 2D base builder, you had to build walls around your space base while aliens were constantly trying to break in
>>
i had this DOS game on like 9 floppies or something. It was like 1994. I remember it started with VIDEO cut scenes. First time I saw video on a pc. it was something in the future/very futuristic science fiction with space ships. There was some news anchor saying something on the TV news and then some alien would burst out of the chest of the news person on TV. I think the alien was brown and looked like a Zerg from star craft. I think the actual game was a let down and was some space flight simulator or something non cool.
>>
The game I'm looking for actually might be within reach. It was a fighting game on either the Xbox or GameCube and I remember being told the title was "Black and Blue" i remember it being aesthetically similar to something like SoulCalibur 2 and in all honesty, I might be confusing this Black and Blue game for SoulCalibur 2. I don't remember the gameplay much at all outside of it being a fighting game like Street Fighter with 3D visuals. What's strange though is that there IS a GC game called Black and BRUISED which my dumb toddler brain could've interpreted as blue, the only problem being that I don't recognize the gameplay in the slightest and it's some shitty boxing game with graphics about as pleasant as straddling a barbed wire fence and dudebro tier humor about titties and drinking reminiscent of Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon. Vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity if you will.
>>
>>7618257
>>7618281
Make sure to check out the other games in the Splatterhouse series, VERY violent and gory for home console games of the era, cool and disgusting monsters, with equally disgusting gore, featuring a protagonist who can slam a ghoul with a 2x4 so hard that it goes flying and splatters on the wall in the background. Has some extremely cool music, too.

Tough as nails, though.
>>
>>7621080
Drakkhen?
>>
>>7629054
Drakkhen had a home computer release I'm 99% sure (in fact the SNES/Famicom ones may be ports). Extremely fucking weird games, by the way, you can get attacked by star constellations when out walking at night.
>>
>>7595571
can anyone ID the game the song is from at 12:10 in this video?

https://youtu.be/lGSidnlOhd4

THANKS!
>>
>ninja / samurai game for ps1 or ps2
>I don't think it was a fighting game but it had a 1v1 vs mode
>one of the characters was a clown(?) and said something like "such a trifle!" when he won a fight
>>
>>7632721
Ninja gaiden
https://youtu.be/u2LF2t4YlBI
I love this track
>>
>>7632767
awesome thank you anon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: anyone know this game.png (579 KB, 1054x578)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
not music but does anyone know this game? I think it's NES
>>
>>7632891
That's Ys, anon.
>>
>>7632902
thx
>>
N64 fighting game. Only thing I remember about it is that I think one of the unlockable characters was some kind of jester and his stage background had a skybox with giant playing cards.
>>
>>7595571
Does anyone recognize this melody?
And which game is it?
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0BOnN2SM5IQ
>>
>>7633202
Fighters Destiny
https://youtu.be/YJ_klrFRK_8?t=16
>>
>>7607846
Two Crude Dudes?
>>
>>7630927
Kind of stupid answering my own question but the closest game i could find is dungeon magic / lightbringer. No enemy spawners though
>>
>isometric RPG
>really good story & characters
>decent combat
>late 90s
>>
>>7633331
Everything seems better then it really was when you're underage. Like me thinking vindicators was a 3d tank game
>>
>>7633331
Anything more specific?
>>
>>7633347
It's kinda obscure
>>
>>7633354
Those with really good story and characters aren't. Unless you have found an actual hidden gem.
>>
>>7630927
>>7633315
The enemy spawners part makes me think of one of the games in the Gauntlet series, but I don't think any of the games in the series use that photo sampling you mentioned?

>>7633268
Yep, that's it. Thanks!
>>
>>7633287
>Two Crude Dudes
Doesn't look at all like what I described
>>
>>7595571
I got a hard one.

C64
Top-down multi-direction space shooter
Gameplay is a bit fuzzy but it had something to do with collecting something to make the star in the centre of every level turn into something like a black hole (I think) and proceed to the next level

The closest game I could find that looks and plays similar is Hunters Moon. But this game had far smoother scrolling and the graphics in level was way more detailed and nicer. Definitely NOT Hunters Moon

I think it came on a cover tape, most likely Commodore Format but a slim chance it was a later issue of ZZap64

Any ideas?
>>
Was there a racing game in the SNES where you could create your own tracks?
I vaguely remember that
>>
>>7595571
I remember a PC game I played when I was a toddler, the protagonist was a magician and a bunny (I think it was green anthropomorphic bunny but I'm not sure I am remembering correctly) and I think it was called Abracadabra or something like that, but I could never find it.
any ideas?
>>
>>7633839
Found my own answer

It was Sunburst
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl7Z_3eI1wc&t=22s
>>
Alright, I've got a game I can't recall the name of. I played it early 2000s. I don't know if it was even a commercial game or freeware. If I had to guess where I got it from, it must have been a random game install that I found on Limewire. It was a space game about a stranded research vessel named AEGIS. You piloted a fighter craft in a 2d plane and had to escort your research vessel through different nodes on a map in order to complete a level. There was a boss battle at the end of each level. You had a mining beam and would mine asteroids for resources, and use those resources to upgrade your craft and the AEGIS. To keep you from mining too much, if you stayed in one area too long, some kind of unkillable giant space worm appeared and chased you off. If the AEGIS was destroyed in battle, you'd lose the game. I recall an alarm playing every time the AEGIS was under fire, and the giant space worm would just kill it in one attack if you waited too long in an area.

If it helps narrow the timeframe down, I recall playing a lot of 2d space games around that time, like Star Sonata. I would scan through games on sites at the time like the downloads site that later became cnet, and just download every game or demo with keywords or genres that I was interested in.
>>
File: kats.png (527 KB, 849x571)
527 KB
527 KB PNG
this is for the NES I think, can anyone ID?
>>
>>7634175
i think its rockin katz
>>
File: 9264-5-starscape.jpg (43 KB, 640x480)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>7634125
Starscape!!!
https://www.old-games.com/download/9264/starscape
>>
>>7633217
Its a ringtone on my old alcatel cellphone and is named 'Burble.mid', thats all I know.
>>
Alright, here is what I remember.
It was a topdown 2d free-movement space shooter on pc where you flied around in your space ship and blasted other space ships.
I think there were many types of ships you could fly?
Not sure whether movement had Newtonian physics or not.
The most noteworthy thing the game did was that ships both yours and enemies were destroyed piece by piece, so you could fly around with literally half of your ship missing.
>>
>>7597292
>>7614441
Yes! That's the one! Thank you anon!

Dafuq, I didn't realize it's done by Monolith.
>>
File: 9264-2-starscape.jpg (57 KB, 640x480)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>7634241
Wow anon, that was much faster than I expected. That's exactly the game! Thank you. I have never heard anyone talk about this game. I feel like that's such a shame, because I remember really liking it.
>>
>>7634326
holy smokes!!
I thought this melody was from zelda or any other NES game.
thanks!!
>>
>>7634386
Hey no problemo!!

>I have never heard anyone talk about this game. I feel like that's such a shame, because I remember really liking it.

Yyeah i like the concept-gameplay and maybe by now it became a hidden gem :)
have fun!
>>
posted some time ago but I need help again - the game was a DOS/win98 2d horizontal shootemup with realistic jets and helicopters and weird physics that could cause you to stall and crash - you had to do takeoffs and landings... and that's about all I remember
>>
File: downloadfile-3.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>7602227
Power Quest?
>>
>isometric, early 3D graphics
>you play either as a bad boy looking dude or some thot
>kinda cyberpunk ish setting
>first level is a round street or something
>randomly, some futuristic gangs would meet up on the street and shoot at each other
>had no idea what I was supposed to do, played only the demo
>very Deus Ex -y graphics style
>>
>>7612468
>>7613075
This just in, a Windows sourceport was released literally today under the name Mighty Mike.

https://github.com/jorio/MightyMike/releases
>>
>>7633894
Whizz?
>>
>>7638053
Holy shit thats great.
>>
2D top down space shooter on PC. I played it in the early 2000s. Multiplayer game where you could have a shot load of people be gunners on your space ship.
>>
>>7633331
Also wanna know
>>
>>7636887
Sounds a bit like Urban Chaos (specifically this one) but I'm not sure
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_Chaos
>>
I played in early 2000s XP days a shooter of some kind that had vehicles too.
There was a mode that I really liked where you needed to kill the Captain and only those kills counted.

I remember the name as "Metal Forces" or something but google doesn't show up anything so idk
>>
>>7635260
Jetstrike
>>7633331
Silver or Sacred?
>>
>>7633331
Isometric RPG sounds like something tactics, and entirely pixel-based and turn-based, am I right?
Tactics Ogre? The PSP version is much more known than the PS one.
>>
platformer for Windows or DOS where you play as a Badger with a bazooker. He would also wear a red dress like mario. don't know the word for it you know with those suspenders but under it he was naked.
>>
Bit of a stretch here but I've been looking for this game since I was like 8.
A Swedish edutainment sort of game where you play as a woman who travels back in time to learn about history. Game was isometric like diablo and had kind of similar graphics, backgrounds were pre rendered but I think the character models were in 3D, also when you walked to the edge of the screen it would load a new background basically like in Zelda 1. I'm thinking it came out inbetween 2001-2005 just based on the graphics. The first level takes place during the stockholm blodbad. I remember walking into a screen where there was blood all over the ground after someone had been executed, kinda violent for a supposed kids game. Voice acting and text was also in Swedish. I never got past the first level so I don't know anything about the rest of the game.
>>
>>7640550
>Jetstrike
YES thank you anon
>>
Adventure game for PC, similar to Myst or Amerzone: first person, prerendered CG graphics and everything.
Late 90s-early 2000. Science fiction setting, in a futuristic city, with cyborg and stuff.
>>
Huelanders, I summon thee. Years ago I used to browse this brazilian Sonic fansite (I can't remember if it was Powersonic or what, they all seem to have been scrubbed off the net) which, in turn, was affiliated with a fansite for a certain 100% brazilian indie game. All I can remember is that it also was a platformer and the protagonist was a green animal, and it looked kinda janky but decent.
>>
>>7640546
Its fucking Mobile Forces, I love this game, even tho I only played with bots. Very nice they were included btw.
Shotgun is way under-powered, machinegun way too good to not use constantly and sniper rifle lets you snipe without scoping with full accuracy.
>>
>>7633331
Septerracore
>>
>>7641705
hory shet that's it!
>>
>>7595571
What's up guys. I can't be the only one who remembers this game? It was Window 95, side scroller, you could push blocks into holes, you had to collect coins and get to your horse, there were other obstacles too. I'm sure it was called Tombstone but I can't find anything ;__;
>>
File: 1111.png (590 KB, 1520x720)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
i know this is ps1
>>
File: what dis.png (1019 KB, 1366x768)
1019 KB
1019 KB PNG
Could anyone help me identify what this game is? Saw a short scene of it on ProJared's "Top Ten JRPGs (NOT From Square Enix)" video at 1:15 and based on context it's probably running on some handheld system.

No idea if it's good, but looks kinda interesting and I want to check it out. Thanks.
>>
>>7642314
Radiant Historia
>>
>>7642319
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>7608469
Sabvrewulf? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On6qrTOiFgY
>>7612363
Blood & Magic? https://youtu.be/3vhnpi12z_0?t=158
>>7617067
Commandos? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilUPgeDTMyo
>>
>>7601682
Almost certainly Abuse.
>>
I can't remember if it's Amiga 500 or C64. In this platform you start as a caveman(?) And can throw rocks, next level advance in a world where you strike arrows with a bow and advance level after level to spaceman with jetpack(?) The artwork was a bald man(if I remember right).
>>
>>7641581
https://www.mobygames.com/game/morpheus
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dark-side-of-the-moon
https://www.mobygames.com/game/blade-runner
Links only because I feel like the names are a bit generic and could make it hard to search.
I went to wikipedia's list of graphic adventure games and searched starting from more recent ones going backwards
>>
Please I've been looking for this game for years. I played it on a playstation demo disc. You were like a black flying vehicle and you had to rescue scientists, I remember you had to get a heavy weight to sink underwater, that's all I remember.
>>
>>7596919
Is it 'D'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHMgfL9FyI

It's a CG/FMV game from the mid-late 90's with Dracula themes and Castle environments.
>>
>>7595571
i remember vaguely an old game that is like an snake type genre, im not sure if was on amiga or whatever was on back then it was fully isometric where the player controls an catepilar.
>>
File: 10137-34674.jpg (182 KB, 946x960)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>7636887
Crisis City?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIMH_ZdgN-8
>>
>>7641023
>The first level takes place during the stockholm blodbad. I remember walking into a screen where there was blood all over the ground after someone had been executed, kinda violent for a supposed kids game.
That may have been blood after multiple beheadings, the Danskjävlar didn't fuck around with that, I recall a detail about an entire barrel full of severed heads when I had that story told to me as a kid.
I figure you can't beat around the bush with an event like that though, it's the most significant event of heads rolling in Sweden's history, it'd (vaguely) be like American education holding back a lot on depicting cruelties and crimes committed to them by the British Empire before the revolution.

Can you think of any other details of the game, like did you recognize any voice actors from any dubs, like maybe Peter Harrysson or someone like that? Any logos?
>>
Old shareware (probably DOS) game that was a straight Zelda clone. I think even the main character's sprite was a direct ripoff of Link's sprite from Link's Awakening.

I vaguely remember there being a ghost or something near a church. If you clicked on it or did something near it you got a message that said "cheater".
>>
>>7642862
Probably not it but theres Graal, a game that got sued by Nintendo for ripping all the assets out of a link to the past.
>>
>>7642868
Nope! Not it, but thank you for the suggestion. This was at least a few years prior to Graal I would say. Early to mid 90s. Pretty sure I got it off CNET, but the wayback machine stops right before I can access "adventure & RPG" games.

https://web.archive.org/web/19970124083524/http://www.download.com/PC/FrontDoor/0,1,0-17,01.html
>>
PS1 too down game.

You play as a baby collecting other babies and power ups.

When you got them all, you could transport to the next level.

Lots of funky colours.

I played it on a demo disc, but sadly that's all I remember.
>>
>>7642786
My post is pretty much all I can remember. I believe you moved your guy around by clicking on the screen like in diablo, but the game might have used also used wasd or arrow keys so I could be wrong on that.
Looking up voice actors might be a good lead since alot of swedish media shared the same voice actors. I don't remember what any of them sounded like or what the development company logos looked like either.
>>
>>7642282
Future Racer
>>
>>7642480
Thank you, it's none of these, it was pure CG, no live actors. But yes, Wikipedia might be an idea. Indeed, I remember the title being some generic techno-babble.
>>
File: ZeroZone.png (377 KB, 800x600)
377 KB
377 KB PNG
>>7643386
Found it! It was ZeroZone (1998).
>>
>>7642916
Bitter Boy?
>>
File: o-VIDEO-GAME-KIDS.jpg (440 KB, 2000x1000)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
what two ps2 video games are shown on this pic?
>>
>>7643543
Thats arc the lad:twilight of spirits or something like that.
>>
I played this game maybe 20 years ago as a kid. Here's all I remember:

>PC Game
>3D Game
>You start on a desert with maybe some caves that have like a symbol of a hand with a eye on the palm painted on the wall scattered here and there
>No enemies or NPC at least in the beggining of the game
>Maybe you could customise your character, not sure
>Not sure if 3rd or 1st person
>>
>>7625443
Graphics wise might very well be it, but can't see the archer tattooed guy anywhere so still not sold. But it's the closest I got. Thanks.
>>
>>7643690
Can you tell me more about player character or gameplay?
It sounds both familiar and not really at the same time.
>>
>>7643780
It was 20 years ago, I was a kid and only played it once for like an hour before I gave up becauseI didn't get what I was supposed to do. Thinking back it was probably exploration based idk. It kinda gave me walking simulator vibes.
>>
>>7601302
It was on the Genesis too. I think the concept had potential, but the execution was lacking
>>
>>7643482
That's it! Thank you!
>>
>>7643690
Uru?
>>
>>7642471
Interesting concept...searching
>>
File: konung 2.jpg (404 KB, 1024x768)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
I've just remembered how sexy were forests and bottles in Konung and Konung 2, and this might be the thread to share it.
>>
>>7642485
G Police?
>>
>>7644370
No, that's not it. I remember the map were like islands or something and the scientists were sprites. The game was in third person.
>>
>>7644406
Holy shit now that you mention it I remember playing it. It was probably on PC as well.
>>
I'm looking for an arcade platformer game from the late eighties\early nineties(most likely eighties). All I can remember is a level where you had to jump over lakes of blood and the platforms are literally limbs coming up of the blood lakes.
>>
>>7625953
I find it incredibly amusing that both games mentioned here are either made directly by Frédérick Raynal or made with tools created by him.
>>
>>7625996
Was the puzzle in game 2 related to moving big blocks around?
>>
>>7595571
>Dreamcast game
>RPG
>Characters are in a chibi style
>I think the main game focused on dungeons which were layed out in tiles, but the game was 3D
>Not sure how the combat worked, but I don't think it was turn based. Still, it could have been.
>>
>>7645310
>>Dreamcast game
>>RPG
>>Characters are in a chibi style
Evolution?
>>I think the main game focused on dungeons which were layed out in tiles, but the game was 3D
>>Not sure how the combat worked, but I don't think it was turn based. Still, it could have been.
If not turn-based, maybe Record of Lodoss War or Silver?
>>
>>7645492
It might have been Evolution. Not sure, I kind of remember the characters being more compressed, like a 3D version of the old Pokémon artstyle.
At the beginning there was a kind of dungeon area where the floors may have been seethrough and you could see down into a forest area.

Thanks for the heads up on Evolution though. Even if it's not the one, we definitely owned that game and it's my kind of thing.
The other games look cool but it's 100% not them. This game was all super cute and cartoony shit
>>
>>7595571
A nes game were you played as a helicopter, it was a shump and i think it took place in the jungle.
>>
>>7644250
>Uru
Fuuuuuck, that's it. I've been trying to find this game for decades. Thank you!
>>
>>7645642
Tiger Heli?
Twin Cobra?
Airwolf?
>>
>>7645267
Might have been, but I'm not sure since I only played it for a bit. But fire away any possibilities you know, there can't be that many old egyptian puzzle games.
>>
Nes Shmup
Vertical
first level is in like a desert or something
>>
>>7645830
Twin cobra it was. Thanks anon.
>>
>>7625996
Alright, while searching for game 2 I found out that game 1 was Arabian Nights (2001) and somehow I misremembered the opening cutscene as a FMV after entering a door.

So now only Game 2 remains a mystery.
>>
File: pharaoh.jpg (887 KB, 1366x718)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
>>7625996
>>7626202
>>7645267
>>7647204

Managed to track down a website that had the iso of the CD where I found Game 2. Turns out it was Pharaoh's Ascent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_pkRgV3sqc
>>
>>7625996
>>7647204
>>7647746

Amazing!!
>>
>>7643662
Thanks!!
>The other one with two cardboard characters is the same game?
>>
All I have is that it was:

Horror FMV game
Maybe first person
A scene with a ghost coming down some grand stairs
Something to do with either paintings or flowers in a vase being for either saving the game or changing disc
Could have come out anywhere between between 1994-2000
On a version of Windows

I can't trust a single thing I've given you as information.
>>
>>7598894
Holy shit, I'm >>7647908, I'm pretty sure you've named it, I distinctly remember this scene scaring the piss out of me as a kid
https://youtu.be/-yNTScKgo9s?t=3627
>>
Edutainment PC game centered around musical instruments. Probably from 1995-2002. It featured cartoonish CG worms and I'm almost sure one of them was wearing a hat.
>>
File: 1615917132967.jpg (34 KB, 640x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>7597404
Sounds like stunt mode in rush 2.
>>
>late 90s 3D arcade game
>was kinda like Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon?
>but the protagonist was kangaroo?
>>
File: koakdc0f.jpg (68 KB, 300x298)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>7649175
>>
>>7649189
Ah, of course it was Polish, that's why they released it on [local gaming magazine] as a cover game
>>
i have two games needed identification, pls help
game number 1:
-ps1
-Schmup(left to right instead of top down)
-you played with people instead of ships
-i think it had an anime style or something
-i think it involved vampires and demons
-i think it was in japanese

game number 2:
-ps1
-a collection of 3 puzzle games, with different mechanics each.
-very colorful and cute anime aesthetic
-entirely in japanese
>>
>Been waiting for one of these threads
>It already has 497 posts
EST
>>
>>7634326
>Its a ringtone on my old alcatel cellphone and is named 'Burble.mid', thats all I know.

you still have it? can you upload the .mid?
>>
It's a Mario clone for DOS/9X, koopas are snails IIRC and instead of of the fire flower you get a gun
>>
>>7597376
I’m thinking it could be The 7th Guest, but it seems like a stretch considering the vampire you mentioned
>>
>>7601261
>First was an adventure game where you played as a monkey in a zoo or in captivity. Your first puzzle was escaping your cage. I think it was a dos game with typical pixel art.

Runaway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVTD7sZt5A
http://thepixel.net/
>>
>>7649675
Sadly, it looks like Im unable to copy system ringtones onto sd card and I don't have the cable to connect phone to pc.
I may try to put together something so I can record it for you jack-to-jack from earphone socket, but thats later today and quality may vary.
You may have better luck searching by the filename on the internet.
>>
>>7649838
>>7649675
>>7634326
>>7633217
Also, later today apparently means now, for I found to jack-to-jack it from existing hardware at hand!
Behold!
https://vocaroo.com/1aswSVOe1Iir

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.