[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 260px-HotRally.png (174 KB, 260x290)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
Should this game be recognized as the spiritual predecessor to Mario Kart?
>>
sure, whatever. Also you're gay
>>
>>7453060
R.C. Pro Am was the closest thing to an NES Mario Kart. 3D Hot Rally was just a slightly more-polished Mach Rider without combat.
>>
>>7453060
Fun FDS game.
>>
>>7453060
That's like saying Pole Position was a spiritual successor to F-Zero. Christ, you zoomers watch too many MCU flicks.
>>
Wasn't this technically F-Zero's? I remember reading NoA rejected this game because it looked too kiddy or some shit, so the main dev was like "ok fuck you" and made F-Zero
>>
>>7454226
https://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic/interview-f-zero/
There we go.
>"We made a sequel to that and showed it to staff at Nintendo of America, but they totally bashed it!"
>"They were like, "This isn't a racing game! Racing cars should be cooler!" They even said it wouldn't sell, and that ticked me off!"
>The 80's Burton Batman movie inspired F-Zero
>>
>>7453060
No. If anything, that honor would go to the first. This sequel had wildly different features, like planning your trip to the next race track and upgrading your car.
>>
>>7454235
>Imamura left after the Batkekkening

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.