[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FB_IMG_1597025489054.jpg (16 KB, 433x433)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Is it humanly possible to beat every game released for the PS2? There are a shitton of them and a whole fucking bunch of jrpgs too which are long as hell
>>
i doubt it theres like 4000 games
>>
I'd bet there's at least one game out there that can't be beat because of bugs
Also it'd take you years even if you could do it
>>
>>7104813
games that cant be beaten due to bugs dont stop "full library runs". you just go as far as you can there, or cheat to pass the bugs if its an option

that mexican dude took like 2y+ to beat just the american NES games while having walkthroughs and people telling him exactly what to do. i cant even begin imagining how long a ps2 full library full of JRPGS and VNs would take
>>
Every PS2 game?
It has a lot of titles that will make you question why you are even trying, 50 or so Singstar games?
>>
File: crazy golf.jpg (171 KB, 800x1122)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>7104776
Start with Crazy Golf
>>
>>7104815
>that mexican dude took like 2y+ to beat just the american NES games while having walkthroughs and people telling him exactly what to do. i cant even begin imagining how long a ps2 full library full of JRPGS and VNs would take
i dont normally do ecelebs but TMR is based as fuck
>>
I was just thinking of doing that but with the PS1. But burning a CD for every game would cost 1000€ so I thought it was kinda stupid.
>>
>>7104901
Sounds like a PSIO or whatever the new one's called would be right up your alley.
>>
>>7104880
>based
>started using walkthroughs and chat babysitting just because someone else started doing the same thing cause he felt like he was granted by God to be THE FIRST
>>
>>7104918
I had no idea this existed. That's pretty cool I'll probably get one. I only own a chipped PS2 right now though.
>>
>>7104815
>that mexican dude took like 2y+ to beat just the american NES games while having walkthroughs and people telling him exactly what to do
Hold up I heard he did it without guides.
>>
>>7104980
he started without guides but then another dude started the same challenge and was getting close to him so he started using them
>>
>>7104948
XStation's the name of the other one, btw.
>>
>>7104776
>Is it humanly possible to beat every game released for the PS2?
no.
>>
>>7104815

Let's do some fast math.

Let's average 20 hours a game, this is probably the hardest number since sports and racing games have some unknown definition of completeness, but let's choose that as an average to account for the long tail of garbage short games.

So, then 80000 hours. Play ten hours a day, that's 8000 days or about 23 years.
>>
>>7105650
Damn
i better get to it then
>>
>>7105650
Man not OP but good thing i only wanna finish what games im actually interested in. Good ol fashioned backlog but even that will take ages, and i have specific taste and dont like jrpgs
>>
>>7105650
I dispute your average of 20 hours to complete each game. The amount of shovelware would drag the average waay down.
>>
>>7104776
You should only play exclusive titles and leave the rest to PC to get the best graphics and ignore all the repetitive sports games. And then you could add less than 1000 of these to your HD and replay then again and again.

You can start by playing from this list and come back
https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/userscore/all/ps2/all?sort=desc

The good thing about being the last one to play is that you can choose the best ones that others tried first and avoid all the crap
>>
>>7108006
But to each short shovelware theres a 50h+ jrpg or VN to counterbalance

>>7108039
The shovelware is the best part. Why play RE4 or MGS again? The fun is playing shite like Cocoto Fishing or Code Lyoko
>>
I'm lucky to beat anything. Being fired would be such a blessing for me. I'm too much of a puss to just quit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.