[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Wario_World_game_cover.jpg (275 KB, 1069x1500)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
And features Wario right after sucking some guy off on the cover. Developed by Treasure, published by Nintendo, what the fuck went wrong? One of the bland-est games I've played from a developer and publisher that can definitely do better. Is it really as bad as I remember?
>>
I thought this was a neat action-platformer and at the time I remember people liking it, although not being a super blockbuster or anything.
It kind of feels like a good rental game, the kind you can beat in a few hours, but has replay value and you'd end up renting again or buying it.
I never came across people who hated it until recently I started seeing some negative comments about it here on /vr/ when the rules changed. It's not even an overrated game either that gets talked a lot so I don't see why would anyone hate it.
IMO it's not a masterpiece, but can't see how it sucks, it plays well, has charming music and it's Wario in 3D, can't see anything to hate about it other than "I wish they made a wario world 2"
>>
poor man's Wario Land
>>
>>7103047
Treasure can't into 3D. See Stretch Panic and Dragon D-Drive which also sucked balls.
>>
>>7103056
WARIO DEFENSE BRIGADE SHILLS HERE ALREADY, LIKE CLOCKWORK EVERY FUCKEN TIME
I did rent the game, and beat it within a couple days. Nothing about this game lives up to the pedigree established by Nintendo or Treasure. It's a 5/10 at best and completely forgettable, probably still the worst game with "Wario" in the title. My hatred for the game is further incensed by the shitty ad campaign surrounding it, pic related
>>
>>7103076
S&P is one of their best games though, although it's on-rails/cabal style so not really 3D in terms of gameplay input.
Also Warioworld is MUCH better than stretch panic which is outright unfinished. Never played D-Drive.
>>
>>7103083
okay but you're not explaining why you think it sucks.
And that ad looks based as fuck, you probably get triggered by it because you're a poor ass nigger
>>
>>7103087
It's just mediocre in every sense a game can be mediocre. Can beat it in an afternoon casually, can 100% in 2 afternoons casually, no memorable music, no memorable moments at all really. It makes Tak and The Power of Juju look like a fucking masterpiece, and WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE GLOB OF JIZZ ON HIS FACE ON THE COVER
>>
>>7103047
You're probably just remembering the main stages + hub. I think if you chained all the sublevels together that's worth a playthrough. A lot of them are quite creative little rooms / skyboxes. Part of a GC games trifecta including Super Mario Sunshine and Super Monkey Ball.
>>
>>7103104
You're still not explaining what's the problem. Being able to clear the game quickly isn't inherently bad, and the fact the game wasn't memorable to you is not really explaining anything, it's just another way to say you didn't like it.
>jizz
Maybe you're just projecting something, I just think it's some drool because Wario loves gold and treasures.
>>
>>7103104
Why are you obsessed with intentionally misinterpreting the cover of a children's video game such that it involves eating cum?
>>
You can even argue the game should even be shorter for a comfortable one-sitting playthrough. Imagine if WW had a 2nd quest where the sublevels were remixed and the bosses were harder.
>>
>>7103120
You're right, it's probably just viscous, white, gooey drool. I tried playing it recently because I thought, surely this isn't as disappointing as I remember. Well, it is. Tell me what you find so memorable about it, maybe I'm overlooking something that makes this game not a big turd? Maybe I should just accept that it's fine that there were at least 4 great Wario Land games prior to this snoozefest, a unique point-n-click Snes Puzzle game, even Wario's Woods is better than this. Sorry my argument of "it's incredibly dull from beginning to end and utterly unremarkable in every way" and "Nintendo and Treasure can both do better" isn't enough, I shall cower and retreat into the shadows of the internet and continue to jerk off to degenerate yaoi hentai, my darkest shameful secret, which I accidentally revealed to the world by pointing out the cum slobber on Wario's face.
>>
>>7103145
Bro you need to get off the computer for a while, your brain isnt working anymore
>>
The Good:
>Music
>Boss fights (except the final boss)
>Solid, simple action
>Puzzle rooms were generally good
>Wario is nice and fast

The Bad:
>Very short
>Very Repetitive
>Reskinned enemies throughout the entire game
>Jump physics makes platforming a chore
>Final boss is unfinished in the original release, Japanese release is better but still not great

It needed more time in the oven, but had a solid foundation.
>>
>>7103324
>>Reskinned enemies throughout the entire game
Funny, Astro Boy Omega Factor's stages suffer from the same problem but nobody seems to bat an eye at that game.
>>
File: wariotired.png (833 KB, 2047x1668)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>7103324
>Jump physics makes platforming a chore

Really? I honestly really liked just how Wario could turn on a dime with that shit.

Though, I guess it could make things really finicky and you might step off the platform or something.

And of fucking course I get the tractor captcha while responding to you.
>>
>>7103356
I don't know how to explain it properly, but Wario is too slippery/loose for the precision the game requires sometimes. Also seems to have a lot of traction upon landing.

It was nice how much directional input you had.
>>
>>7103498

>Wario is too slippery/loose

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, and while I personally love it, I see what you mean.
>>
>>7103047
>A spin-off of a side villain
>it sucks
Are you really surprised? It's a cash cow that nobody wanted
>>
>>7103527
Wow you're actually crying
>>
>>7103527
wtf stop crying
>>
>>7103527
Ok so you're just crying then
>>
>>7103537
>>7103546
Ok, has anyone ever said "man I'd love to play a game as evil Mario"
Even a game with Bowser as the protagonist would be better
>>
>>7103527
Keep crying bitch
>>
>>7103556
crying: the post
>>
>>7103556
Wtf u cryin for lol
>>
>>7103556
lol cryin for days
>>
i have never played a wario game and i never will
>>
File: 87displaytest.png (302 KB, 636x470)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
Has anyone here beaten the Japanese Version? I know the boss fight was had a 2nd stage and I sat down last week and replayed through the first 2 worlds just because I couldn't find decent footage of the JPN boos fight
>>
>>7103574
Look he cryin too hahahaha
>>
I rented this game like three times in a row as a kid. I remember enjoying it, but knowing that it wasn't very good. It's a bizarre fucking fever dream. It made me feel some kind of way. The whole thing felt really druggy and weird.
>>
>>7103145
Holy shit Wario made-a you mad
>>
>>7103574

WarioWare games are good though.
>>
>>7103047
great boss fights, boring and repetitive levels
only 3 enemy types as well
>>
File: D9MbuNJUEAEKH4V.png (224 KB, 801x880)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>7103574
You should at least play Wario Land 4, it's one of the best nintendo 2D platformers
>>
>>7103537
>>7103546
>>7103550
one of the worst samefags I've ever seen. Kill your worthless self.
>>
fuck you it's great
the only shitty things about it are how they just re-skin the same four or five enemy types
though the puzzle stages in pecan sands can go eat a dick
>>
>>7104786
stop crying anon :(
>>
>>7103557
>>7103562
>>7103570
>>7103573
>>7103587
>>7104930
another of the worst samefags ever whores.
>>
>>7104945
How u still in here cryin nigga
>>
>>7104945
Boohoo nigga
>>
>>7104945
Oh he cryin 24/7
>>
>>7104945
Breh...
>>
File: baww.jpg (50 KB, 600x600)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>7104945
>>
>>7103047
>trashure
You got what you deserved.
>>
>>7104909
Yeah Pecan Sands Red Diamond levels were brutal
>>
My gamecube memcard corrupted before I could rip by old save, should I 100% it again?
>>
>>7106516
I mean, it's not going to take that long so why not
>>
I owned this game and sort of agree. It wasn’t offensively bad and was perfectly functional, but I was never impressed with it.

Reskinned enemies were lame. The game as a whole had this really, really weird style to it that made me uncomortable sometimes.

Really not very remarkable at all, which is its biggest issue.

Wario Master of Disguise is probably the only non-ware Wario game worse than it.

Usually Treasure does top quality action games, so everything about this is even weirder coming from them.
>>
File: s-l300.png (257 KB, 821x300)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
Yeah, yeah sure whatever the fuck you say.
Anyways is it true you only need these two things + an SD and microSD card obviously to play ISO on your GC?
It's can't be that easy right?
>>
It was a pretty fun game. Straightforward and does a decent job of what it's aiming for which is to be a loosely wario-themed game. It's not extremely deep or creative but that's just not the point of it, the point is just for wario to have a 3d game. also has some legit fever dream bosses that are worth the playthrough alone. Some seriously wtf moments for a kid's game, let alone a Nintendo game of all things
>>
>>7109717
it's cheaper to buy a wii than 2 sd cards
>>
>>7110541
So? And emulating on PC is for free.
Still not what I was asking
>>
>>7103145
lmao wtf
>>
Better than any 3d mario ever released.
>>
fronk
>>
>>7103145
kek, what did I even read.
>>
>>7111432
Don't agree with that. I will say that Wario Land in general is better then most 2D Marios.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.