[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Worth to play it?
I have finished RE1, 2 and 3
>>
>>7095774
Yes. It's actually better than RE3.
>>
you want us to change your diapers, sweetie?
>>
i mean, its still classic resident evil, though the level design is ass and its a lot more action then it is horror imo; def not as good as the first three games but its still worth a try
>>
> you want us to change your diapers, sweetie?
>>
>>7095774
Give it a shot. I liked it but some people don't.

It's a low tier RE for me but still fun.
>>
Code Veronica is actually shit. Don't listen to anyone else in this thread. Fuck this shitty game don't waste your time.
>>
>>7095774
Play it just for Claire tummy
>>
>>7095774
>Veronica
better than RE4 and 3 combined
>>
>>7095774
Play it until you reach the plane. If you don like it by then, you won't like it ever.
>>
>>7095774
Thought it was pretty fun until I got the the airplane fight and found I did not horde enough ammo to be able to beat that fight, and had to play up to that part all over again. Then I got to where you become Chris and I dropped it for some reason. My friend has been borrowing it for a while.
>>
File: 1574551997745.jpg (181 KB, 750x750)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
I also have a non-/vr/ question but I want to post it here because it's a RE thread
Is RE Revelations worth to play it?
>>
>>7096314
No.
>>
>>7096370
Why?
>>
>>7096405
Painfully average. They most definitely feel like spinoff games. The first one was heralded as bringing RE back to its roots, and while it was more slow-paced and methodical, it was kind of fucking boring, and was all over the place. I only played to where you take over as Chris and got bored.

Played Rev2 with a friend and had moderate fun, only because I was playing with a friend. We got the bad ending and neither of us really care to go through and get the good ending.

So there you go. Mediocre games. Go for it if that doesn't sound too bad to you.
>>
>>7095774
You'll either think it's one of the best or think it's one of the worst.
>>7096250
The airplane fight can be beaten without using ammo and the knife deals a shitton of damage. It's literally the best weapon to use against most enemies.
>>
>>7097504
That's a troll image
>>
>>7097504
based and deadaimpilled, very underrated game
>>
>>7095780
How?
>>
>>7095774
The 3d backgrounds really aren't very impressive and fail to conjure the atmosphere of the original ps1 games.
Also, Steve is a fag and the Golden lugers are disappointing. Those are my gripes about the game. All in all it is a solid classic re game.. A lot people who shit on it got filtered by one of the bosses, I've found.
>>
>>7097965
Not really. It's fairly accurate as far as I can tell.
>>
>>7099762
For one thing, you don't have a giant monster following you everywhere you go.
>>
>>7099948
>4 one tier away from survivor
>re2make not on the top
It's bait.
>>
>>7100586
RE4 is terrible.
>>
>>7097965
>>7100586
Anon who made it here. It isn't bait, I found RE4 boring.
>>
>>7095774
worth playing yes. I just played this for the first time about 2 months ago.
Other RE games are stronger but this one is pretty good. Found it pretty tough after playing 2 and 3 and I would say it's harder than 4.
My advice is to conserve ammo for stronger weapons and run past enemies as much as you can (though it's worth clearing enemies in areas you run through a lot).
Don't won't to spoil too much but if you don't have much / no ammo for stronger weapons for a boss half way through the game you may get stuck.
>>
>>7095774
It is the best resident evil title. Whoever said conserve ammo has no idea what theyre talking about. you can literally kill everything in the game and have fuck tons of ammo left over.
>>
File: 4mqntm.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>7101525
You obviously don't know what you're talking about and played on easy (if you actually played it)
fuck off
>>
>>7101680
>and played on easy
Uhhhhh anon...
>>
>>7097504
>Zero
>Lower tier
Get out
>>
>>7100614
Then why the fuck is re5 above it? That game became absolutely retarded once you had the virus jungle people shooting guns
>>
>>7102762
It's fucking boring and poorly designed. Worst part is is that it doesn't have all the cool Sugimura lore, as they lost it in the transition from N64 to GCN.
>>7102771
RE4 also had guys shooting guns, so that's a moot point. RE5 is generally better because the gameplay is far more fast paced which is better for an action game. Just the ability to quickswap weapons and have a live menu does wonders for the pacing of the game, and its short runtime also helps. Thanks to remasters as well, it not only looks gorgeous, but also runs at 60FPS with Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and an expansion to the best iteration of Mercs in the series.
It's the RE2 of the action side of the franchise for me (and obviously REv2 is the CV).
>>
Beat it on dreamcast, it was fun. Love the battle mode play as weaker with just a knife and in 1st person view. It was scary at first but the developers made the knife stronger and you learn to judge distance between your character and the enemy.
>>
>>7100574
Nemesis is incredibly scripted and easy as fuck to avoid. git gud you bitch nigga
>>7095774
Its about as good as RE:0. which isn't saying much.
Its worth playing if you like classic RE.
>>
File: IMG_3519.jpg (91 KB, 700x633)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>7100614
>I found RE4 boring
>likes RE5
>>
>>7096314
>REvelations 1 or 2
Oh good god no. Story is the usual tripe story pattern they keep using since RE4/5 of random terrorist groups getting into supah sekrit bio research. Gameplay is the most serviceable third person shooting you can have. Environments and exploration are absolute dogshit because they were made for the 3DS.
Unless you get them for free/pennies and are really bored out of your skull, theyre just not worth wasting time on.
>>7097504
>REmake 3
>"upper tier classic"
>>
>>7095774
It's OK but it's a very one and done game. You'd play it because you want more Resident Evil wherever you can get it and then when you get to the end you'll be like "OK that was enough".
>>
>>7103369
I explained why later phoneposting faggot.
>>
>>7103852
Your taste is shit, zoomer.
>>
>>7103913
>phoneposter
>calling anyone a zoomer
>calling someone with 3 pre-4 RE games in their Top 3 a zoomer
You're the zoomer, retard
>>
CV is interesting in that its a truer sequel to 2 than 3 is. It doesnt do much for the series canon aside from setting up Chris and Wesker for 5. Ive been meaning to go back and play it.
>>
>>7103960
Wesker's organization HCF is mentioned in RE7. RE7's story is mostly still a mystery atm, but T-Veronica and HCF may be very important in RE8.
>>
>>7103960
People keep spouting this line because of the backstory that CV was originally going to be 3 but how is 3 not a more fitting sequel to 2 than CV? 3 concludes the story on Raccoon City and gives a heroic send off to one of the original cast in a last escape that is an appropriate escalation of conflict from game 1 to 2. We got to see the city collapse that everyone wanted to see from 2 but was only teased at. People who think CV's loremaxxing is more important than 3's thematic follow up totally miss the forest for the trees on what makes RE enjoyable and none of CV's lore turned out to be of much importance anyway and the plot was retarded even for a RE game. It was an extremely good call that they made Nemesis game 3 instead of the snorefest that was CV. 3 is probably the best of the PS1 games or at least tied with 2.
>>
why do you faggots keep making so many shitty resident evil threads on here
>>
>>7095774
I thought it was fun. The puzzles are easier than the other games.
>>
>>7104460
CV wasn't even originally going to be a sequel story-wise to RE2, it was going to star Jill and be about her investigation into Umbrella Europe. The lines from Claire and Leon about "stopping Umbrella" and "I have to find my brother" were put in by Kamiya without main writer Noboru Sugimura's knowledge (it does not seem that Kamiya had any idea what these lines were supposed to lead to). This pissed off Sugimura and caused him to have to rewrite CV to star Claire and make it about her meeting up with Chris.
RE3 was originally going to be about Hunk collecting G-virus samples, but when that was canned they took a side-game they were developing that was about random people surviving in Raccoon City and promoted it to be RE3 and put Jill in it since she wasn't going to be in CV anymore. I think this is why both RE3 and CV only move the plot forward a little bit with Raccoon city's annihilation in RE3 and Wesker coming back from the dead in CV.
On a personal note, I agree that RE3 > CV but RE1 is my favorite of the original games.
>>
>>7095823
Cpletely disagree. I feel like you didnt play re 2,3 and cv. Because re 2 and 3 dropped horror for jumpscares, action and colorful bright lit level design. Cv and re1 are the only two classic re games that are actually creepy. I dont understand how someone who played the games could get this wrong
>>
>>7097504
Even if I don't completely agree with every entry, I can understand most of this list except RE5 being that high
>>
File: painting_pirate2.jpg (31 KB, 364x463)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>
>>7105553
he cute
Where can I buy one?
>>
>>7103390
So the games aren't even worth to play it even for free?
>>
>>7104958
Someone might knock this post but honestly it's true. The series has been pursuing excitement since game 2, by making an adventure game with minimalized problem solving and maximized shooting within that format. Which is funny then when people purity spiral over the original games when not even the 2nd and 3rd meet those "survival" or "horror" purity standards. But really though, I consider that a strength of the series and not a weakness. Resident Evil has gone through many transformations while still retaining genetic spandrels of it's past through its many entries. It's why RE is still alive and kicking while Silent Hill is dead, because SH only really had one gameplay idea and maybe 2 story ideas before they ran out of steam. RE is in many ways like the perfect being Wesker envisioned, GLOBAL SATURATION.
>>
File: 1553088432164.gif (1.78 MB, 265x257)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB GIF
>>7105857
Silent Hill died because after SH2 the marketing team took over. And instead of psychological horror they wanted supernatural horror because it sells better because you need no brain for it.
SH1 was a bastard child. They tried something but failed and made a mess. SH2 was perfection. SH3 was the dumbest marketing shit game... that's why SH is dead can can stay dead forever.
>>
>>7105896
>can can
*and can
>>
>>7105896
Despite what I said I don't think it was forgone that SH had to die. If SH played like a serialized Twilight Zone series with psychological horror that focused on aspects other than "muh guilt" they could have had a winning formula.
>>
>>7105525
I just found it more fun than most of the action titles. Don't play many OTS games (or games in general honestly) but I found 5 to be a cut above compared to its contemporaries.
>>
>>7106057
That makes sense, also I can't bash the game in any reasonable way because my problem with it is that it never made me feel engaged so I always dropped it really early.
>>
>>7105783
I couldn't bring myself to finish REv1 because it was just so unengaging.
REv2 is only slightly better, but only because of Claire and Barry.
Id tentatively reccommend REv2 if youre just really bored.
>>
>>7105915
The problem is, supernatural horror goes nowhere. And the gaming audience is not as stupid as the movie audience. And you can't take an existing IP that does psychological horror and then turn it/or mix it with super natural to widen your audience. Your past audience will be pissed and your new audience is not reliable. Same as the Tomb Raider/Nu-Raider problem. Make it a fucking new IP if you want to change it.

I agree with you that you have to refresh any game/idea with new ideas. You can't keep milking the same cow. Peoples will get tired of it. But changing the core concept is just a disgrace.
I think RE worked for so long because it is so stupid. Everyone knows what they get into and you have room to experiment. In the end RE keeps selling because of good sex-appeal and western style story telling.
>>
>>7095774

I think it's a good resident evil game. It was one of my favourites back in the day. I don't get the hate on here. It's the same resident evil formula and it's great.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.