[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: time_crisis_2.png (220 KB, 640x480)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>arcades dead
>CRT's dead
>can't use lightguns with LCD screens
>game companies don't make rail shooters anymore, only FPS's
>you will never play Time Crisis 2 again

they told me in the future we would have flying cars. and we still don't have those.
and, we can't play lightgun games anymore?
>no Duck Hunt?
>no Time Crisis?
>no House of the Dead?
>no Area 51?
I don't want to live on this planet...
>>
So mame has mo way of playing lightgun games?
>>
>>6562776
how can you emulate a game that was made around that peripheral?
>>
File: cmon_stay_low.jpg (91 KB, 1200x675)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>C'MON! STAY LOW!
>>
>>6562776
You can use the mouse to move a reticle around, it's almost as fun as using a lightgun.
>>
File: Virtua Cop 1 & 2.jpg (271 KB, 1000x1500)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>6562805
Works for me, it's how I played Virtua Cop on PC back in the day.
>>
>>6562774
They just made a new house of the dead retard
>>
>>6562774
Not seen this? https://www.sindenlightgun.com/
>>
File: AimTrak.jpg (74 KB, 500x400)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Someone was mentioning this AimTrak gun in another thread, but from what I understand they emulate a mouse, I don't know how well they work.
>>
>>6562925
2 years until it's on amazon
>>
File: 1560572131015.png (785 KB, 2541x234)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
>>6562774
Just get a Wii.
>>
You can use a Wiimote as a lightgun for emulation. It’s a nightmare to configure correctly though, and it causes problem to anything else you’ve setup with a Xinput wrapper. But hey, if you already have a Wiimote and you really like lightguns, it’s possible
https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/34653-guide-cheap-arcade-light-guns-with-touchemote/
>>
>>6563473
That is so not the same fucking shit. You're either too stupid to know the difference or being completely disingenuous.
>lag
>no sight aiming
>>
>>6563484
See >>6563497

Lightguns are the last bastion of the CRT/hardware fag. There is no good way around it. Get a PS2, CRT, and a guncon2. It's the best lightgun experience you're going to get.
>>
>>6563497
ok retard you can keep not playing lightgun games then
>>
>>6563504
>PS2
Ew, no.

Get a Dreamcast + VGA cable and a madcatz lightgun for some good ol House of the Dead fun.
>>
>>6562774
Odds are you can still find a CRT on Craigslist. Maybe for a tad more than they used to be, but just search for "TV" by itself for less than $50. Most boomers on there tend not to specify that it's a CRT, but will clearly show one pictured. Been through the pain in the ass of trying to get a proper lightgun (i.e. not a wiimote style abomination) to work through emulation and it's a waste of time. Get the hardware.

Guess we'll see how Sinden turns out, but for $161 I'm sure as shit gonna wait for a decent review.
>>
>>6563516
Okay. I love the DC as much as the next guy but PS2 has more and better lightgun games. Obviously he should get it too for HOTD2 and Confidential Mission, but PS2 has Time Crisis 1-3, Point Blank 1-3, Ghoul Panic, Vampire Night (feels very much like a spiritual HOTD successor), and the other two DC lightgun games (Death Crimson, and BOTH Virtua Cop games instead of just 2)
>VGA
Spoken as someone who's never played HOTD2 on a VGA CRT monitor. I did this back in the day, and it barely worked. Maybe mileage varies but it varies too much to be relied on to be played on anything but a consumer television via composite.
>>
>>6563505
I have a CRT. You, however, aren't really playing them if you think the wii or a mouse is an approximation you ignorant shit.
>>
>>6562774

Sinden light gun works with everything
Emuvr exists
Ur a poser
>>
>>6563539
Ps2 is a pain in the ass to play burned games. I dont want to fuck around with freemcboot shit either
>>
>>6563504
>ps2, crt tv
Done
>guncon2
Well now that I know of this I might as well get one. Thanks for the tip you helpful pretentious jerk
>>
>>6563703
Ay, no problem ya half a fag.
>>
>>6563657
>filtered by a softmod
>>
>>6563504
>>6563548
Sega master system is under appreciated. It was much better than nes zapper and had great arcadey games. Rescue missions is a light gun game and one of the best on the system.
>>
>>6563654
I'll believe it when I see it used by a non-shill, impartial reviewer. Hoping some cynical asshole like BigBlueFrontend shows it off.
>emuvr
Laggy, expensive, janky. Neat, though. inb4 proof of lag. I ran emuvr on a friend's Vive and tested Kirby Super Star's samurai mode. It's about as laggy as 2010-2015 mid range HDTV. It could probably be tuned up with run ahead or better synchro between its stupid VR room and Retroarch it a bit, but it's not too terrible if you've already made the expensive, space consuming investment.
>>
>>6562774
>>game companies don't make rail shooters anymore, only FPS's

Yes, FPSes are flatout superior. Rail games (even the best ones) are fucking awful.
>>
>>6563758
Yeah i am. Tech is just lame
>>
>>6563657
>buy free mcboot memory card for 3 dollars off eBay
>console now plays burned games
Are you retarded?
>>
>>6563849
i just dont trust that stuff... its just kinda lame
>>
>>6563957
Then just pay for your fucking games poorfag
>>
>>6563765
Light gun games aren't competitive Street fighter you fucking autistic weirdo
>>
>>6562961
It would be exactly like a Wiimote if that's the case.
>>
>>6563849
>burned games
Just attach an HDD via net adapter and dump yer games onto it. Much more convenient.
>>
>>6564124
You're not playing hard enough games.
>>
File: so_good.png (66 KB, 659x609)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>6562774
>arcades dead
feels great to live in greater tokyo metropolitan region

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.