[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: GRAPHICS.jpg (161 KB, 640x480)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
Is there one HDMI adapter I can buy to make old consoles look ok on a modern TV? I've seen a few aimed at specific consoles but how bout an all-in-one solution? It's fine if I have to swap cables when I change consoles.
>>
Rad2X
>>
>>6562521
This or a Retrotink 2X if you want to use a single box and a switcher on all your vintage stuff.
>>
File: hqdefault (12).jpg (29 KB, 480x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6562491
Ideally an OSSC if you can afford it
>>
Why make it hard on yourself, use an emulator.

Collect physical and use a CRT. Playing the classics on a modern tv is really not fun. All things must eventually come to an end, crts will last a good while longer, so enjoy it while you can. They will eventually die and if you want to play games with as little lag as possible then either get a frameister or use an emulator.
>>
File: file.png (1.67 MB, 960x719)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>6562491
Of course there is. Pic related.
If you on budget then just get chinese clone, they're fine.
Cables however, not so easy - you can either get some expensive ones from the likes of RetroGamingCables or buy cheap from chinks and upgrade wires for shielded ones yourself (if you have solder iron, upgrading cables is easy).
>>
>>6562964
Get your stupid emushit out, poorfag.
>>
>>6563013
That thing is an ugly mess
>>
>>6562815
Where can you buy one of these from a respectable source based in the US?
>>
>>6562491
Yes. Yes
>>
>>6562491
Why would you want to change cables if you don't have to?
>>
I have a similar question.
what is the cheapest but still decent option to capture composite, svideo and component?
is a retrochink2x or odv conected to an hdmi capture card a good option?
>>
>>6563676
oh, forgot that I also want to capture vga.
>>
>>6562964
Why do people treat crts like they're on their last legs or are so outdated and alien to own? Crts of all types are easy to come by for free. I know people who arent retro gamers who still use their crt for tv and shit.
>>
>>6563683
What part of Africa do you live in?
>>
>>6563683
Out of the 4 CRTs I've had in recent memory only 1 doesn't have a major defect, but it's composite only.
2 deteriorated over normal use and 1 was damaged when I picked it off of the street (outside looked good, didn't realize until I turned it on)

CRTs are dying senpai. Maybe yours still works and that's great, but it's time to face the facts.
>>
>>6563815
>crts are dying
Man thats just not rhe case. I dont get this
>>
>>6563683
> dude just keep picking up random 20 and 30 year old CRTs from the curb
>if it breaks just repeat, you’ll have endless crt!
>>
>>6563837
Uh...yeah...
>>
>>6563840
thats not the same as saying CRTs will last forever. Who the fuck wants to keep garbage pciking CRTs every 2 years and have to deal with different sizes, settings, inputs?
>>
>>6563834
yes. many crts lasted 20-30 years with daily punishment. me putting 5-8 hours a week on the collection of them i have means they're probably going to outlast me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.