[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I feel like talking about this game.
Thoughts?
>>
>>6562328
It's a shitload of fuck.
>>
I rented this game a few times as a kid, something about it would bother my grandma and she didn't like when I played it. Anyway I remember it basically being pretty fucking bad. At least it looks ugly.
>>
>>6562328
I never understood why these guys were so popular in the 90s. It always felt like a sell out product that kids only thought was cool because it was jammed in their face so much and they didn't know better and had no other alternatives but to like it.
>>
>>6562497
See also: literally every toy out of the 80s/90s
>>
>>6562526
No, most things like He-Man, Transformers, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, etc. at least had something that kids could find appealing. Cool characters, interesting stories, big robots, whatever. This is literally just an industrial product car companies use that someone thought to cash in on to take advantage of kids. There is nothing cool about them other than the gimmick the toys break apart.
>>
Haven't watched yet but glad to see James finding a niche with stuff that was relevant back when he was younger and exposing himself to it for the first time, like with Power Rangers. Putting a personalized spin on it that way always works a lot better than playing whatever random shovelware people are asking him to. Though Sonic '06 was pretty good.

>>6562542
Still makes more sense than something like Cabbage Patch kids, which were so big you literally couldn't buy one without signing up for a raffle just to get the chance.
>>
>>6562328
brb inflating my ebay listing for this game by 5000%
>>
Never played the game, but OP made me remember I had a bunch of pic related.

Also, R.I.P. Toys 'r Us.
>>
Wtf all I wanted to do was talk about this game. But if you want a thread remove all you need to do is spam to make jannies follow your commands.
>>
>>6562328
Never tried it OP. Is it worth a playthrough?
>>
>>6562870
I have a fetish for shit games and hombrews. It is a mixture of fun and frustration. I am just randomly going through no intro
>>
>>6562328
Found this in a local mosque's dumpster over the weekend after a Summer Sundays Fundays sale, what am I in for.
>>
If i show you gameplay would you shut up.
im cooking it up by the way
>>
>>6562969
i think the game is fun. the only problem is that some enemies push you all the way back in a stupid death animation.
>>
>>6562969

Obviously Allah wants you to experience this game. Blessed be his name!
>>
File: b.webm (1.27 MB, 1366x768)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB WEBM
>>6562991
happy
>>
>>6563023
i did not realized my recorder was broken.
>>
>>6562497
Dont be so uptight. Its fun exploding them. Zoomers are the worst
>>
>>6562328
Meh. Played worse, but it's been years since I touched it.
>>
>>6562328
Please let this thread die. Sorry anon.
>>
As long as people are talking about the game it's fine. I've never played Crash Dummies, is it any good?
>>
>>6563042
personally i think it is good if there was a hack that fix the deaths it would be better. try it out you have nonthing to lose
>>
I will spare you the spurious claim that the master system was superior but it is completely different.
>>
>>6563042
It's hit-or-miss iirc, but I haven't played it in years.
>>
Enjoy your rangeban, niggerposter.
>>
>>6563075
thank anon i will try it out
>>
Didn't realize there was a level select code
>At the title screen, press Right, Right, Up, Left, Up, Right, Down, B, A, Select. A sound will confirm the correct code has been entered. Now, press Start and a screen with the message, "AHHH! YOU'RE NO DUMMY", will appear. Choose the desired level by pressing Up / Down, and press Start to play.
>>
SNES version has one too, but no cutesy little easter egg message sadly.
>At the title screen, press L, R, B, L, R, A, L, R, X. Press Select to choose a level and Start to play.
>>
File: back cover.jpg (92 KB, 512x351)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
Wish I could find a higher res version.
>>
File: 30948_back.jpg (122 KB, 640x640)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
Shit, I forgot how many consoles this one came out on.
>>
>>
>>
Feeling nostalgic seeing these old ads.
>>
>>
File: CrashDummiesSMSTitle.png (9 KB, 256x192)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>6563245
>>6563251
Master System had better colors than the NES title screen tbqh
>>
>>6563290
The master system is an underrated gem?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (29 KB, 400x300)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>6563293
Can't say I've played it, only the NES game. Heard some anons say it's a much better game though.
>>
>>6562465
based
>>
>>6563290
Every multiplat looks better on sms than nes. I even consider sms to have the definitive versions of Choplifter and Montezuma's Revenge.
>>
I think the SNES is the best one, but it's still not a particularly good game.
>>
File: file.png (67 KB, 188x144)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>6562328
*screams internally*
>>
>>6562328
you can talk about it if you like
>>
>>6562328
Yes, we all saw the new AVGN
Too bad he doesn't get genuinely angry at games any more, it's so fake now
>>
>>6563776
He's had it too good for too long to be angry.
>>
>>6563740
is it really true or a meme
>>
>>6562328
No comment this time
>>
>>6563297
I only played the gameboy version, but I remember this minigame -- just not in color.
My favorite one was the skiing level.
>>
>>6566139
LJN were not a developer themselves, but a publisher. A toy company with tons of licenses who farmed out games to the lowest bidder.
>>
>>6562328
First AVGN episode to make me laugh for about a decade
>>
>>6567957
I haven't watched anything new from him in forever, but this did take me back to some of his earlier TMNT stuff that I enjoyed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.