[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What is your favorite game in the series?
>Metal Max 3 got fucking translated
I'm not kidding

https://metaldreamers.redhook.duckdns.org/metal-max-3-english-translation/
>>
File: YAMAMOTO Atsuji.jpg (172 KB, 948x1075)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>6554329
I love YAMAMOTO Atsuji's women
>>
>>6554329
>Metal Max 3 got fucking translated
Ayyyyy. That's some good news.
>>
>>6554362
the wrestler in 3 is hot
>>
>>6554372
they are doing MM2 too apparently
here's hoping we get to see that game too
>>
Another game to add to the pile of "I'll play this eventually because it has tanks and postapocalyptic stuff in it"
I should really go through Saga already, or one of the others.
>>
>>6554385
Why they'd skip over 2 to begin with? Is that one worse than the others?
>>
>>6554927
no, MM3 came first on the DS, MM2 is a remake using the engine from 3, apparently with some QoL added
>>
>>6554934
Aren't you mistaking with Returns?
>>
>>6554991
returns is a remake of 1, MM2 is a remake of...MM2 in the snes
>>
>>6555012
Reloaded is usually called MM2R for short.
>>
File: msh400.jpg (71 KB, 400x613)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>6554329
素晴しい
I was learning japanese mostly to play the games but let's not lie ourselves, I couldn't learn for shit, so it's great news.
>>
How's metal max xeno? didnt look very appealing but the Oda non art was cool
>>
>>6556281
I think it was ok but linear so they fucked one of the strong points of the series.
>>
File: please - new meme.jpg (17 KB, 420x279)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Requesting unpatched rom pls. I tried the Caravan one and fails at Delta Patcher.
>>
>>6556881
Works on my machine.
>>
>>6556881
They put a patcher program with the zip. It's a exe. you tried that? Worked for me
but the game won't start on my R4i card though
>>
>>6557748
The exe just crashes. I've already found the rom with the required hash:

anonfiles com/J3O8j6D6oa/Metal_Max_3_Japan_7z

Works on my DSi Lite, I'm using the grey Gateway 3DS card.
>>
>>6554329
>kadokawa owns metal max because they bought it off another dev team that took it from D.E.
Kill me pete
>>
>>6557748
get it off cdromance maybe? works on my R4
>>
>>6557813
based
>>6556881
>I tried the Caravan one and fails at Delta Patcher.
readme.txt:
>Do note that this **is not** the Caravan scene release which is as follows:
wew lad.
>>
>>6556281
I liked it. I had great fun during the 50 or so hours I played. It's a budget game but it definitely has good points if you can overlook the glaring flaws.
>>
I've played the one that was localized as Metal Saga.
I like the concept enough, but like most games never got that deep into it.
How is the rest of the series?
>>
>>6559245
Like the same. They all drop you into a post apocalyptic world with an armed vehicle and tell you to go explore with little direction.
>>
>>6559247
And I forgot to mention, they are all silly as shit. I know that boxart in the OP makes it look like some super gritty experience but it doesn't take itself too seriously.
>>
Metal max 3 is fucking sick Wtf. It's like a little fallout jrpg.
I like it so much I think I want to go back and play the Metal Max Returns fan translation first.
It's so funny, the tone is light, it feels like non linear dragon quest with obvious influence from final fantasy too for combat aesthetic.
>>
>>6559285
Metal Max is odd. I kinda wish it had more serious enemy designs sometimes, but it being pretty silly also works
>>
>>6559285
MM as a whole is so goddamn good. Even the less "good" games like Hagane no Kisetsu and Xeno are damn entertaining.
>>
>>6559623
Not them but I try to get into it every now and then but I just kinda get lost before it really starts, mostly early in Saga because I do want to play that one.

Any starting out tips?
>>
>>6559247
>>6559590
Per se. The cause for everything under the sun attacking you is that old reliabale, Nanos. Noah released these after The Catastrophe. The real question of the series is who is the real antagonist. Noah, or Dr. Brad Bias, its creator.

>>6559285
The sea of concrete waffles is my favorite part.

>>6559693
Check GameFaqs for a decent walk through for MMR.
>>
>>6559959
Vlad wasn't a bad guy. His work was all for the good of mankind. The problem was that when he copied his consciousness to an AI, the AI took his will for self-preservation too far. MM2R makes it clear that the AI Vlad in Bias City is a corruption of human Vlad's real consciousness.
>>
>>6560084
So, in part...it was Noah the whole time, ultimately?
>>
>>6560182
Noa is just another pawn in the grand scheme of things. Noa was a creation of human Vlad and, if I remember correctly, was fed information by AI Vlad that led it to decide humans should be wiped out for the sake of the environment. Environmental technology was a speciality of human Vlad, so Noa was built was good intentions, but I think AI Vlad was more interested in keeping itself alive by destroying threats to its livelihood (humans) and turning the surviving humans into an army of cyborgs to guard itself (Grappler).

One of the themes of MM2 is the concept of self, mind-body duality, and how the self becomes ambiguous in a world with advanced AI and transhumanism. Depending on how you interpret it, you could say that human Vlad was the progenitor of everything that went wrong in the world of Metal Max, due to his fear of death. If you consider AI Vlad as a separate entity, then AI Vlad would be the villain. There's some ambiguity, and you could also argue that human Vlad was irresponsible regardless of his intentions.
>>
>>6560272
So what really fucked the world? Nukes, Nano plague, environ collapse?
>>
>>6556075
I could enjoy MM2 after 1 year of diligent studying (it took me a month and I ended up pushing my vocabulary from ~1000 words to 2000).

>>6559285
>Metal Max Returns
Pointless. The order you want to play them in is:
MM1 fc
MM2 sfc
Saga
MM3
MM2R
>>
>>6560478
Why is it pointless
>>
>>6560489
Because the original is a mindblowing famicom experience, while Returns is underwhelming as a 16-bit RPG and even adds more linearity to the game, making it undisputably worse.
>>
>>6560391
Noa hacked computer systems all over the world and turned humanity's weapons on themselves, including robots and such. I'm not sure if any nukes were used.
>>
>>6560507
I must concur with anon. I have played both and Returns is forced. MM Famicom feels more rooted.

>>6560514
Nukes were used. As >>6559959 pointed out in 3, there is a major crater in the middle of the map that used to be a city center that was implied to have been hit by a huge one. This is also evident in 4. Basically, full fledged ABC war.
>>
>>6560478
What does MM2 have over MM2R?
not like I'll be able to play either any time soon though
>>
>>6560818
Contained story in respects to itself and MM1. MM2R takes some Easter eggs from everything before it, I.e. Including 3. I am not going to pout down MMR or MM2R, they are fine games yes...but I am a completionist and as such, let me tell you they are a challenge to get 100% on.
>>
>>6560818
Not the guy you're replying to, but both 2 and 2R are worth playing. 2 was a great sequel which expands on everything from the first game. It has some late-game balancing issues but not so much that you need to worry about it. If you want to see the progression of the series, it's best to play 2 in the order that anon listed. 2R stands on its own and you'll probably love it even more if you've played the original beforehand.
>>
>>6554329
dont play it on a R4i, it corrupted my memory card
>>
>>6556281
boring, the tank customization is overly complicated and the art style is good only in the 2d arts.

they're even remaking it with even worse arts
>>
I am new to Metal Max, which ones of the games are actually translated? I'd really like to play them.
>>
>>6561706
Saga officially. And I know of Returns and now 3 IIRC.
>>
>>6561710
2 hasn't been translated?
>>
>>6561770
No. Most of us learned Japanese to play it.
>>
>>6560514
You are versed in MM it seems anon. Just who is the villain in 3? The lab coat gal? The monsters off the bow of the sub?
>>
>>6561528
fucking christ oda's artstyle is was better than this
>>
>>6556075
I'm guessing that's Subarashii
>>
>>6561528
What the fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (1.28 MB, 2048x1150)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>6561528
>>
I vagely remember playing Saga years ago but still was a little kid back then. Too acostumed with linear JRPGs so playing 3 on my DS emulator kind of leaves me lost but I'm having fun so far
>>
>dragon quest 3 style recruitment
Ok, this is epic
>>
>>6561387
Is this true?
>>
Nice ( . Y . )
>>
>>6563107
>>6563559
>>
>>6554329
are metal max 3 for snes and the metal max 3 for the DS the same game?
>>
>>6564858
There is no MM3 for SNES. Are you confusing it with Rockman X3 which was localized as Mega Man X3?
>>
>>6564774
Ugh
>>
>>6564774
I'll take the 3 on the right to my bed.
>>
>>6564774
Nu-Japan can't into artworks
>>
How did drumcans become such a Metal Max meme?
>>
>>6566860
They are literally everywhere.
>>
>>6566860
It's pretty obvious when you play MM2.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.