[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: box.jpg (245 KB, 1017x745)
245 KB
245 KB JPG
Why are Brits & Euros not getting a mini version of the only officially released PC-Engine variant there, the "TurboGrafx"?
>>
>>5655386
We don't fall for the mini meme
>>
>>5655386
Because nobody bought it the first time round. Yes, it did actually receive a release in Bongland - not that anyone knew about it. No ads. Nothing. It wasn't until a few years ago that I knew about it.
>>
>>5655386
Cause EU got a PCE release from Sodipeng (France).
>>
>>5655405
>>5655408
>>5655413
Was the CoreGrafx just highly imported at the time and thus has been well-remembered as "THE European PC-Engine" (Konami having had someone do some market research to discover this)?
>>
>>5655413
Oh, I see. Was the French version very popular, though?
>>
>>5655418
I was surprised by Konami's choice for that region and think that's likely the case. Interesting to see acknowledgment of what was never really an official launch; but we're so far removed from NEC / Hudson who knows.
>>
>>5655386
bonk serie the only thing I interested but those are available in many classic game pack port
>>
>>5655386
Sorry 'muriturds, suck your TurboGrafx shit up and watch everyone else getting the superior PC Engine sku.
>>
>>5655473
What bothers me the most is that they're giving us "TurboGrafx-16 Mini" which sounds way too long and shitty, rather than the far more appropriate (since it has Ys I&II) "TurboDuo Mini".
>>
>>5655476
Even "TurboGrafx Mini" would be way better.
>>
I honestly think they don't have enough disposable income to be specifically targeted by any consumer products at all. The income disparity is so high that the "haves" can be expected to pay the premiums to get what they want from the east or the west.
>>
>>5655476
It bothers me more that they're calling it "mini" when it's the same size as the original console.
>>
>>5655386
>tell the everybody the game cards are called "TurboChips"
>the cards still have "HuCard" printed on them
They really half-assed this system outside Japan
>>
>>5655418
It already cost the Earth to bring the thing to this neck of the woods (prices were as high as £300), so most gray importers just bought the standard model, from what I remember. That, and the first revision of the CD-ROM.
>>
>>5655405
Respect.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.