[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 9muSDqE.jpg (49 KB, 650x435)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Not have music during the gameplay, I mean

>Doom
>Trevor McFur
>AVP

I'm sure there's more
>>
>>5363530
Limited available sound channels
Limited cartridge space
Limited CPU cycles
Limited development
>>
Since the Jaguar was very short-lived, programmers hadn't figured most of the quirks to properly exploit its power.
For exemple, Doom famously used the sound processor to calcul the hit detections.
>>
that controller will never stop being funny
>>
>>5363530
Because most of its games were made by Europeans.
>>
>>5363627
???
>>
>>5364806
Euro computers often give a choice of either music OR sound effects
>>
>>5363530
The only thing that I remember about the Jaguar was that some store in a mall was offloading all of their Jag merchandise (this was just after Atari did their reverse acquisition thing in 96). I could've bought a mega-deluxe box set of the Jaguar game system for $50 dollars and probably every single Jag accessory & game that they had (plus the CD drive) for $200 total.

I passed it up because I was too tired at the time and just wanted to go home.

Not my finest hour.
>>
>>5367863
So you saw the deluxe box and reddit-spaced out of there huh.
>>
>>5363537
The fact that the Jaguar port of Doom used that processing power for hit detection and stuff, is probably why overall, the port actually ran so well.
>>
>>5367863
You really didn't miss out that hard.
>>
>>5363530
Eurodevs
>>
>>5363530
At least the arcade version got two good memorable games.
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=778
>>
>>5367863
I remember the exact same thing at Kaybee Toys at the mall - a literal wall of new Jags for $50.

>>5368949
Still, it would have been nice to sock away a room full of that shit to sell now at big profit. Reminds me of seeing Saturn Rayearth (US ver) brand new at EB when it came out for like $50.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.