[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: GOS1.jpg (170 KB, 1022x766)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
What's the canon ending in Girlfriend of Steel?
Also Eva game general.
>>
>>5289889
That game isn't canon.
>>
>>5289903
I mean, within its own game, which ending is the canon one?
Also, it could be canon, there's nothing on it that contradicts the actual canon.
>>
>>5289889
Everyone dies turned into fanta.
>>
Jet Alone takes Asuka as his bride.
>>
I want to lick Asskar's armpits.
>>
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (29 KB, 480x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Anyone else played ANGELS?
>>
>>5289927
bruh she's like 14 :/
>>
>>5289914
Or just on /vr/, since this was released on retro consoles and windows 95. I played it for the first time in 1999.
>>5289916
that's EoE, on GoS the ending happens before Touji loses his leg. Also Kojima ripped off this game for the plot on Peace Walker.
>>
>>5289930
I remember playing it a little. Also screensavers and sitting desktop dolls.
>>
>>5289935
>>>/jp/ is for discussion of visual novels, so please go there instead, and thanks in advance for your cooperation.
>>
>>5289932
Her show came out like 25 years ago
>>
>>5289932
So was I when the show aired.
>>
File: Kircher-ToL.jpg (339 KB, 708x1002)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>5289889
What's even the point of this game? How does it relate to the anime?
>>
>>5290029
Back when I first played GoS, I didn't even knew the term "visual novel".
Either way, it's fine here on /vr/. Think of it this way: At least this isn't a console war thread, or emulation vs real hardware.
>>
>>5290190
>What's even the point of this game?
It was released in 1997, it was a weird time for Evangelion, because the show had finished airing in 1996, but The End of Evangelion didn't exist yet.
I believe Girlfriend of Steel was released around the same time of Death and Rebirth. People were nuts for anything Evangelion-related. It was also the first big-scale Eva game developed in-house by Gainax themselves.
Also to introduce a new waifu, Mana, who was actually pretty popular with the fandom back in the day.
>How does it relate to the anime?
It fits in the "action arc" of the series (after Asuka arrives, but before Touji becomes a pilot).
It starts as a lighthearted romantic comedy but ends up in betrayal and ambiguous feels.
>>
File: eva-64-lil.jpg (68 KB, 640x480)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>5290203
Was really wondering if it was worth my time. I'm not crazy obsessed about Eva but I'm just wondering how much side stuff is actually good. I like Eva but a lot of dumbshit gets attached to it's name (and imo that includes the Rebuild movies)
I'm not really into romantic comedies or VNs that much but if it's cool I'll look into it.
>>
File: gos.jpg (97 KB, 901x542)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>5290226
Girlfriend of Steel is actually cool because it feels like an extra episode, or an OVA, with little bits of interactive parts.
All the art in the game was done by actual TV series staff, so all the locations and characters look on point, plus all the original voice actors are on it as well.
Maybe it's nostalgia on my part, but I think this game is worth experiencing if you like the original Eva.
If anything, if deels like a more fleshed out "Jet Alone" episode, you'll see why if you play it.
Evangelion 64 has amazing 3D models and animations, crazy that it's still possibly the best Evangelion game.
>>
>>5290226
I never could beat the lilith level.
>>
File: Eva64_lilith.gif (387 KB, 500x439)
387 KB
387 KB GIF
>>5290342
The spear of longinus level where Eva 00 takes the spear from Lilith is actually one of the hardest missions in the game, mainly due to how hard it is to aim and adjust the X and Y axis, especially if you're emulating.
>>
>>5290342
I'm in general kinda just bad at the game.
>>
>>5289903
Your mom's a cannon
>>
>>5290342
>thinks the lilith level is hard
wait till you meet maris
>>
>>5289889
what version of this game should i play?
>>
>>5289913
if there is no sequel, then the concept of canon ending for a one-off game is meaningless. pick one that floats your boat
>>
>>5289932
She’d be like 17 since the original show took place in 2015
>>
>>5290203
Thought GoS took place in that weird small bit where it was showing Shinji the different worlds he can make and one being just your typical high school anime.

I just wonder if you can date Kaworu
>>
>>5291165
The PC Windows version is fan translated.
>>5291174
There is a GoS2, but that one is more of a "what if" scenario where Shinji can choose to date Rei, Asuka or Kaworu
>>
>>5291262
GoS1 follows the events of the anime, since there's Evas and all (the alternate world on ep 26 shows a normal world without Nerv or Evas).
But you might be interested in GoS2 as I mentioned above. The thing with GoS2 is that the quality of the overall presentation isn't as good as GoS1, in terms of art direction, etc.
>>
>>5291282
Doing a quick look seem I was thinking of Girlfriend of Steel 2 which does take place in that alternate world.
>>
Mana best girl.
>>
>>5289889
It doesn't matter, everyone dies anyways
>>
>>5290226
Eva might be my all time favorite show and I’m not sure how many times I’ve seen the whole thing, but this is kinda how I feel as well. Don’t care about waifufaggotry or a lot of superfluous material.

This thread has convinced me to give GoS a shot at least.

I tried 64 a year back or so but had no idea what I was doing. I still have no idea how that game is supposed to work. Looked up a guide and it seemed like every level had almost random inputs for different actions. Any advice if I try to give it another try?
>>
>>5291848
>Eva might be my all time favorite show and I’m not sure how many times I’ve seen the whole thing, but this is kinda how I feel as well. Don’t care about waifufaggotry or a lot of superfluous material.
Honestly, something I can't stand about Eva fans is how sanctimonious some can be. Who gives a shit if Gainax made some mahjong game where you play against Asuka, Rei & Noriko, it's not like it will ruin the show. Who gives a shit if people fap to Rei? Who gives a shit about Rebuild being Rebuild, Anno didn't kill your family.
I'm actually glad the side-material is inconsequential, I prefer this to the Japanese boner for multimeda franchises where you have to watch the TV show, two movies, read 5 manga, and play all the games in release order to understand everything.
>>
File: man_of_culture.jpg (51 KB, 1024x512)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>5291614
>>
>>5291614
preach, brother
>>5291848
>I tried 64 a year back or so but had no idea what I was doing. I still have no idea how that game is supposed to work. Looked up a guide and it seemed like every level had almost random inputs for different actions. Any advice if I try to give it another try?
Each level has its own gimmick, but the main combat missions, like the first one, have a sort of set mechanic to it, which is similar to the Ultraman game for SNES. That is, you have to build up a power meter by beating the enemy in order to finally unleash a powerful, finishing move. In Eva 64's case, first you need to break through the angel's AT Field, which is done through button mash (it needs a specific timing, alternating between B and one of the C buttons I think) it's not mindless mashing though). Once you break the AT Field, you can start attacking the angel, the more synch ratio you raise, the more consecutive hits you can do to them. Keep hitting them until you can launch them off with a kick. Once the angel is far, you can start running with the Eva, and at a specific time (there's a visual cue) you can input a command (like up with the stick and B or A) and perform a special attack. Do this a couple times to kill the angel.
There's many different special attacks you can perform/unlock, but it depends on how high your synch ratio is.
>>
File: GoSonic.png (658 KB, 797x598)
658 KB
658 KB PNG
Based Gainax.
>>
>>5292342
>>5289889
why are the background pictures different? OP has the sephirothic tree and the other pic has Samael.
>>
>>5291614
Who.
>>
File: ManaPil.jpg (217 KB, 800x1183)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>5292536
Kirishima Mana aka the Girlfriend of Steel
>>
File: zabeasto.jpg (49 KB, 640x640)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>5291884
Dude I have zero problems with any of that stuff, I just said I don't care about it. I originally thought it was a dating sim, finding out it's not made be curious. That's all.

It wasn't meant as some sort of insult to those things. I agree it's better they're inconsequential optional material that don't impact the original story.

>>5292296
Interesting, sounds weird and complicated.

>>5292538
Lower right gives me Nadia vibes for some reason.
>>
>>5291278
There a download for this anywhere? Found the patch but can't find a copy to apply the patch to.
>>
>>5292630
*berserks your way*
>>
File: eva59034T.jpg (348 KB, 1280x1280)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>dat manual
>>
>>5295757
>it's not in red
chance missed for another red cross book
>>
I asked in one of the last Eva threads, but does anyone have the strip mahjong game?
>>
>>5291614
>>5291901
>>5292296
Agreed, but sadly non-cannon. Mana is best girl. When I get back to Japan, I will try to find the PS2 version for the additional scenes and ending.

>>5296994
There are two. The original R15 one, and the later R18 version. I cannot tell the difference between the two in terms of rating, as they have the same stripping images. I prefer the original one for its better story and involvement with other Gainax universes.
>>
>>5297030
You have it? Can you upload? I can only find a dead torrent online.
>>
>>5297030
NEEERRRRRRRRD
>>
File: nerv.jpg (38 KB, 500x367)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>5296868
>>
>>5298358
>lowercase v vs uppercase V
ONE JOB
>>
File: nerv_newtype.jpg (163 KB, 1176x974)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>5299335
yeah, not sure what's up with that.
The Nerv logo is all in uppercase.
There's some of the prototype logos that have a bigger V though.
>>
>>5295757
>>5298358
this is actually pretty based
>>
File: NGEMana.jpg (22 KB, 498x600)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>5297030
Glad to see you're still around picbro.
Hopefully you will rip and upload those Collector's Discs sometime. The internet needs them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.