[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: FB_IMG_1544046956719.jpg (63 KB, 669x454)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
Would a Kirby RPG in the same style as Mario RPG be a good idea?
>>
not really but it sounds like something they would do
>>
>>5202813
That's from a hentai doujinshi.
>>
In the 90s, yes.

Now, no.
>>
I wish most Nintendo series could get an RPG spin off. Metroid, Star Fox, any of them!
>>
File: npcomics_2-3.jpg (380 KB, 1538x1029)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
I would demand that a Metroid RPG has Houston as one of the other characters.
>>
>>5203875
I always wished they found a way to work Houston into one of the games, he was a fun character. Old Bird eventually did, i can't recall seeing anything about him before these comics and I was surprised to see him in that brief shot in Zero Mission.
>>
>>5203703
A Star Fox RPG in the vein of Panzer Dragoon Saga would be fucking cool. Star Fox Adventure is good but that's more Zelda "action-adventure" than RPG.
>>
>>5203687
But '90s nostalgia is a thing

>>5203703
A Star Fox and Metroid crossover could work in my opinion. Have it be a darker comedy than the usual Mario RPG they make now.
>>
>>5202813
Kirby has more lore/worldbuilding than Mario, honestly. I'd love to see a Kirby RPG that takes you across the galaxy and uses all of those bits that were thrown around, like the corporation from Robobot or magical wish-granting sun computer.
Also Meta Knight, Dedede, animal friends and Bandana Dee would make great party members.

Perhaps you could travel around space in Halberd? That'd be cool.
>>
>>5203875
>>5203703
Imagine Metroid RPG where sidequests involve you actually bounty hunting.
>>
>>5204197
Terrifying thought: Remember Me was supposed to be a take on Houston.
>>
File: 200.gif (3.5 MB, 245x200)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB GIF
>>5207015
>>
>>5206196

My point is that it's less about nostalgia and more about every rpg trope has been done to death a million times. If it was fresh and came out shortly after say SMRPG, it'd be a hit.

Now it'd just be a cash grab by Nintendo. You want Super Kirby RPG, what you'll get is Kirby Sticker Star.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.