[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: PSX-DualShock-Controller.jpg (2.05 MB, 3060x2400)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
I've been replaying Spyro on my backwards compatible PS3 and I am noticing a very slight sensitivity issue.

I believe the DualShock 3's are more sensitive than the original DualShock and I would like to somehow just hook up an original DualShock to the PS3.

Can it be done? Anyone know of any good controller converters?
>>
>>5202797
in like 2007 i got a playstation to usb adapter to play custom guitar hero stuff on my pc
and it worked just fine putting old controllers into my ps3
>>
>>5202810
Okay, do you have any idea what the brand was or what kind of adapter it was? I have been reading mixed results.
>>
>>5202812
some blue triangle lookin thing i found on amazon, it's at my mom's so i can't really look at it or post a picture. some things it did not work for, but most games it did
>>
File: 61wn+QVZZhL._AC_.jpg (84 KB, 1084x971)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>5202815
So something like this?
>>
>>5202797
https://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/psx_to_usb/index.php
Raphnet Technologies is hands-down the highest quality adapter brand out there.
>>
I have OP's controller but need to replace the left analog stick, the joystick unit not just the plastic stick. Where can I get one? I see 3 pins and 4 pins for PS3
>>
>>5202835
I had it, worked for years but eventually broke and tried to repairs all welds, it was inside the port the problem. Waiting for another one form Ebay
>>
>>5202797
I have done it before, works 100% fine but no PS button, any adapter works
>>
>>5202930
Retard
>>
File: 1474604386518.jpg (10 KB, 200x252)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>5202930
DS1 and DS2 and Sixaxis controllers uses the 3 pin sticks.
also Xbox 360 controllers

DS3 uses the 4 pin ones.

> t. guy who replaced a lot of broken sticks.
>>
>>5202835
Does vibration work with these blue ones? I have a different model and it doesn't seem to support vibration.
>>
>>5203637
everything works with default windows drivers besides vibration, mine came with a driver CD which made rumble work.
>>
Since we're on the subject:

I have a PSOne controller right here and a Sixaxis. The sixaxis, even though it's half broken, has no issues with diagonals on the d-pad. Feels a little mushier (and more comfortable since it doesn't need much pressing), though cheaper somehow.

The one on the PSOne gamepad which I bought refurbished is weird as fuck. Seems sturdier and brand new, the sticks work nicely and all but the d-pad is just not there. I have to press quite harder for the diagonals and going up -> up-right or up-left for instance is much more difficult.

Any ideas there? Think it's because of the board? Its membrane? I just hate it how it does look like an amazing gamepad, all new and sturdy but at the same time it feels like I have to mash the buttons hard.
>>
File: 1523259613420.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>dual shock
>>
>>5203670
dual shock 2 has mushier dpad.
just get that instead since its backwards compatible with ps1/ps2.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.