[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does Gamefreak have no shame? Literal GameCube era games look better.
>>
Reminds me of the waterfall in Dark Souls near the Hydra
>>
>>52318970
SOVL
>>
>>52318970
>looks like GameCube era games
I know isn't it great!?
>>
Brand mindslaves will not only buy it anyway but defend it more fervently than they would their own families. Why would they ever bother to put in effort?
>>
They already made back their money, why would they?
>>
The game looks like the low res backdrops of monster hunter on ps2
>>
File: Paldea Zone.png (509 KB, 720x407)
509 KB
509 KB PNG
>Oh my God! It looks like Dr. Robotnik sent us to hell! Come on Tails! We gotta find our way out!
>>
File: Agate_Village.png (1.37 MB, 1280x720)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>52318970
>What GameCube games actually looked like
>>
>>52319292
It looks rough but still better than Scarlet/Violet. At the very least the art style is consistent and object collision is cohesive.
>>
>>52319248
KEK
>>
>>52318970
You bought it anyway
>>
>>52319424
>object collision is cohesive
>you can only exit the Snagem hideout's side entrance but you can't enter it from outside because
>>
>>52319248
If you remove the HUD and told me this was an upscaled 3d sonic screenshot I would believe you.
>>
>>52319292
You just proved the OP's point.
>>
>>52319424
>the art style is consistent
>the water and rock have realistic texture, while the grass looks like cheap neon plastic smear
>>
>>52319292
You can't really explore the town in the same way though. >>52318970 whats kinda cool about this is that you could go to any part of the picture and it'll have tons of pokemon doing little stuff. This game would have been so good if they gave it another year. But the merch must always come first.
>>
>>52319292
>better use of water
>better use of textures
LMFAO Gamefreak really is an embarassment
>>
It's Japan, they are shameless.
>>
>>52318970
>Previous games used controlled camera movement to present the routes under the best angle.
>SwSh introduce a mix of routes/towns with controlled camera and a Wild Area with 360° camera. Wild area looked bad and had performance issues.
>PLA doubled down enforcing 5 Wild areas. Looked bad and had performance issues.
>SV tripled down. Looks bad and have performance issues and bugs.

>Meanwhile in the world of controlled camera, on the same console : Kirby.
Wild areas were a mistake, I want to go back to routes and towns. Imagine for a second a Pokemon game on a level of what HAL pulled of with Kirby, with good routes/level design, and with an art direction like the concept arts of BDSP. Fuck this timeline.
>>
>>52319248
>>52319483
Yeah it looks like an emulated gamecube game.
>>
>>52318970
The GameCube had SOVL, I see no problems here
>>
>>52320116
>HAL pulled of with Kirby, with good routes/level design, and with an art direction like the concept arts of BDSP. Fuck this timeline.

This

Hell gamefreak could take the lead from any platformer dev from 3 game generations ago and it would be a massive improvement compared to now.
>>
>>52318970
Why would they put in effort when retards eat this shit up anyways?
>>
>>52318970
The graphics are the least important thing to me to complain about
>>
>>52319248
LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC0hV3dea9g

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.