[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: evlution.jpg (139 KB, 1420x900)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Hi!
I'm an old (31 yo) Pokemon fan, who grew up watching the show.
I'm not big into Pokemon anymore but I kinda want to get back to it for nostalgia (I did play Pokemon Shield though and I plan on playing Violet).
Are there any Pokemon fans that want to hang out? I'm really friendly and easy going, just looking for chill people to bond with over Pokemon, maybe help me catch up on what I missed etc.
Just don't be like younger than like 18 that'd make me uncomfortable sorry

pic related, it's us after we become friends
>>
>>51510157
Dear God I misread that as 13
Why are you on this board, this is a place for mentally ill coomers and autists over pokemon fans
>>
>>51510172
That's my first time in /vp/ and I didn't have any clue where else to search
>>
>>51510157
Depends. If you're a man, cringe. If you're a woman, based. No trannies.
>>
>>51510176
Just lurk around and post in threads you enjoy
4chan as a whole isn't a place for making friends. The ones that do form circles and Discord servers are some of the worst souls you'll ever encounter.
>>
>>51510185
Nah I'm a man, so cringe.
>>
>>51510188
I dunno if that's true, I met many friends on 4chan, including people I still hang out with IRL, so
>>
>>51510157
hi friend, welcome in
don't listen to doomers, we're all here because we love pocket monsters
where would you like to hang?
>>
>>51510201
Discord works for you? (:
>>
>>51510194
This is a containment board first and foremost. Nothing like /fit/ or /k/ or the like. Be wary fren.
>>
>>51510194
There is no need to lie. Quit LARPing.
>>
>>51510214
No, I'm serious
>>
>>51510211
sure!
>>
>>51510214
not him, and I met good friends here
just block the creeps out and don't join discord circlejerks (aka servers), not rocket science
>>
>>51510227
Psssh.
>>51510241
I admire your naivete in a way, but I think I'll pass on forming online "friendships." I'm not a teenager anymore.
>>
>>51510157
Lurk you faggot.
>>
>>51510403
anon... are you gonna tell me that you, an internet dweller, have never had friends on the internet
one of my best friends is someone on the other side of the globe I've met some 14 years ago
we send each other stuff
>>
>>51510157
Don't make friends from here man.
>>
>>51510157
>31

Shouldn’t you like have a family or something
>>
>>51511244
you must be underage if you think anyone can even afford a house right now, much less a family
>>
>>51510157
Hello, and welcome back to the world of pokemon!
First and foremost, you should know that the pokemon fanbase is extremely prone to splintering and there are a million opposing opinions about which games are better than which others. Don't take any one opinion you see too seriously, and try to join pokemon communities on many websites to see things from all sides. In general, Bulbapedia is a great if you want to find out what you've missed over the years, it's the most comprehensive pokemon source I've seen so far.

And about vp, I'm sorry to say it's in an extremely sad state. One look at the front page will tell you that it's full to the brim with coomers who are unironically sexually attracted to little girls and pokemon. Another issue is the sheer autism when a thread devolves into a gen war argument. People unironically think nobody can sincerely have a different opinion than them and accuse each other of trolling or baiting constantly, which isn't helped by the actual trolls who are constantly stirring things up. I'm not trying to get you to stay away, I'm just saying it's not at all how you may remember it.
>>
>>51511244
aint nobody can afford that shit
>>
>>51510157
Like >>51511403 said, welcome back! This board has had better days, and the franchise has drawn way too many things over the years, and not that many quality things. It sucks, but mainstream media and places to discuss online seem to be much worse for most hobbies compared to 2012 and earlier.
>>51510491
Don't expect this to happen in this year as easily as it used to be.
>51511244
Bot? Very angry /pol/ anon? There was somebody shitting other thread with older fans.

Anyways, fan content is usually better than most official games. Spin offs are cool, Mystery Dungeon, the trading cards games and Pokemon Conquest are a good starting point. Fan stuff, like Pokemon Wilds, beta and leaks, and decompilation hack roms are fun.
>>
File: 1565559540452.png (137 KB, 465x996)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>51510412
How was this not the first post?
>>
>>51510157
okay but which pokemon would you fuck?
this is VERY important.
>>
>>51510157
/vp/ is in a sad state right now, but so is pretty much everywhere Pokémon related desu, this franchise attracts some of the worst autists, narcissists and coomers the internet has to offer and the catalog reflects that.
I still prefer /vp/ over anywhere else but mostly because I like the anonymity here and there's still the drawthread, /pug/ and /ef/ for me to hang out. I can't comment about the other general threads but in my experience they are often significantly less shit than the random threads that pop up here.
>>
>>51510157
Welcome back. I unironically would honestly say lurk around for awhile. While the board is prone to unknown levels of tomfuckary there's genuinely some good threads.
There's also a good amount of threads that do have discords to them, if you find any you like, I do encourage you to try and join them if you feel like it, but also to be a bit weary too. They're aren't all bad though, despite what some anons on here will say about discord.
Other than that though, I would also suggest grabbing a free ad-block like UBlocker and going to a free cartoon site/anime site and catching up on the show itself, for what it's worth, there's a lot that really can't be said in words that you'd need to experience to really feel it, don't be afraid to ask or chat anons are genuinely friendly even if they rib eachother from time to time, it's a way of life on the bard honestly.
You seem like a cool guy though, so I do honestly hope you enjoy your return. I'd personally recommend getting into the Diamond and Pearl era if you haven't, but if you have i'd suggest going to the Unovia era.
All in all again I do welcome you back, and I hope a good few anons take you up on the offer of friendship. Feel free to stop by the board any time.
>>
>>51510157
>Yet another bandwagon-hopping nostalgia-driven normie
You make me sick. The Switch games are the worst that Pokémon has to offer. Play the older games instead or just don't bother.
>>51510176
Lurk moar.
>>
>>51510188
I've met friends from all across 4chan from /k/ to /mlp/. 4chan's userbase isn't as bad as you make it out to be dear anon.
>>
>>51510157
yo

>maybe help me catch up on what I missed etc.
ok.
you played SwSh so you probably already know that era was fun enough but nothing special. Scarlet and Violet seem poised to be huge improvements over those games.
Sun/Moon and USUM were great changes of pace for the franchise. Did away with traditional gym battles in favor of something else, but it worked. those games were particularly comfy.
XY don't seem to be very well liked by Pokemon fans these days because Gamefreak didn't seem like they knew what they were doing with some of the 3DS stuff at the time but i'm partial to that gen because that was when i got into competitive. Was very fun messing around with OP shit like Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar, not to mention the absolute fucking madness that was triple battles at the time. The actual single player was admittedly nothing special but you did get to pick a gen 1 starter along with that gen's starters so that was cool i guess.
BW and B2W2 are probably the pinnacle of the handheld era. Really nice variety in that world, fun to explore, a more interesting story than usual for a pokemon game, lots of well designed pokemon in gen 5, highly recommended if you''ve never played those games.
i do not recommend gen 4 but if you must, play Platinum. do not try Diamond and Pearl. i can't comment on the remakes since i never cared for those games to begin with.
since you're around my age OP, i assume you're already acquainted with gens 2 and 3 so i'll stop there.
have fun bruh
>>
>>51512465
>dear anon
Yeah no you're not normal. The only people who talk like this are mega weirdos you probably have fucked standards
>>
>>51512695
This board is filled with people who coom to Pokemon, none of us are "normal" lol
>>
>>51512721
>This board is filled with people who coom to Pokemon
So that automatically makes me one? Just as i thought, you're deluded

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.