[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

So has Detective Pikachu 2 been secretly cancelled? There hasn't been any mention of it since it was announced in 2019.
>>
>>51143538
pokemon sleep is suffering the same fate lol dafuq going on over there
>>
>>51143550
Late stage capitalism.

They keep outsourcing game development to literally who's to maximize profit. But they have to keep restarting development because the product is so bad.

It happened to Prime 4 too.
>>
>>51143550
I think they had this when a movie sequel was planned. When the plans for that fell through I guess they just got rid of their losses
>>
>>51143672
I dunno, I think both will still release. Covid pushed back a lot of release windows.
>>
>>51143538
putting in that criminal type pokemon killed the fucking franchise
>>
>>51143594
capitalism doesnt have stages
Go kill yourself marxist retard
>>
>>51143538
Yeah it shitcanned.
>>
>>51143550
You just wait, it's gonna be a sleeper hit
>>
>>51143972
Cope and seethe.
>>
Didn't the same thing happen to the first Detective Pikachu? It was announced years in advance, then complete radio silence, then it's just out suddenly.
>>
>>51144255
If I remember correctly the first Detective Pikachu was announced and then released like a month later. The English release didn't come until years later, but the game itself came out incredibly quickly in Japan.
>>
>>51143972
Holy cope Batman. Keep defending your longnosed shadow masters.
>>
File: powergirl needs to drink.jpg (372 KB, 1080x1080)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
>>51143779
>>51143672
Originally, maybe a new date for sequel could have happened. But Discovery owning WB changes things. New head is looking to refocus things and axe a lot of animation. Adult Swim shows, DC shows, some HBO stuff, all at risk. Lookup the recent completed Batgirl movie that Discovery let slip will get no release at all, despite costing over 90 million.
>>
>>51143972
Don't respond to obvious bait.

Are retards on this site really worth your time?
>>
>>51144289
>If I remember correctly the first Detective Pikachu was announced and then released like a month later
No, Detective Pikachu was announced three years before it came out. What you're thinking of was the proper gameplay trailer, which they only released like a week before it came out in Japan.
>>
>>51144289
it was teased way before that but untitled
>>
>>51143538
It's not much of a loss really, how quickly the movie was forgotten in the public mind is telling enough
>>
>>51145210
>It's not much of a loss really
I liked the first game though.
>>
>>51144398
Yes, because underage retards are reading the posts on this site and might think the commie retards have a point.
>>
>>51143538
The original game went through this extensive process as well
>>51143550
Pretty sure Sleep they actually cancelled. Who actually cares about that except for people who buy every Pokemon product
>>
>>51143538
Did people actually like Detective Pikachu that much outside of the movie or people were really that sold on the gimmick of having a talking Pikachu?
Like I was never that interested in playing the game nor watching the movie just because of how cliché I find a talking Pikachu conceptually

Also it's extra-big amiibo it's probably one of the biggest sources of pollution, our planet is ever so closer to disaster because of this fucker
>>
>>51143594
>I-It'll collapse this time!
>>
>>51143972
I am communist
>>
>>51143538
The lead actor on the movie literally said the movie sequel was shitcanned.
100% the game has been too, anyone saying otherwise is in extreme denial.
>>
>>51147216
>Did people actually like Detective Pikachu that much
I thought the first game was enjoyable.
>>
>>51145264
If you think you can save anyone here you're fighting a fire with a bucket.
>>
>>51143594
>Late stage capitalism.

Capitalism doesn't have stages. Late stage capitalism is a apocalypse myth. Numerous mentions of the inevitable collapse were made by marxists since the late 1800s, I can even quote its numerous prediction of its "collapse" in the early 1900s, in the 1920s, in the 30s, in the 40s, in the 70s, in the 80s, in the 90s, etc...

The fascinating thing about this myth is how divorced it is from its original conception. Since the original conception was made during the flux that was occurring during the early 1900s, where the means of production, the factories, and the capitalists in charge of them, were rapidly changing due to rapid scientific development and societal changes from what was occurring during the early industrial revolution. It was here where there did seem like there was gonna be a sudden economic shift that will lead to a new mode of life. This didn't exactly happen, but we went from a word that once had some semblance of meaning to losers complaining that a shitty video game movie isn't being made because someone wants to maximize profit.
>>
>>51143550
>>51148103
Educate yourself, paper and digital money is fake. Every problem we have with capitalism now is a result of going off the Gold Standard, and the Federal Reverse being able to print money out of thin air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&t=641s&ab_channel=GoldSilver%28w%2FMikeMaloney%29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFDe5kUUyT0&ab_channel=GoldSilver%28w%2FMikeMaloney%29
>>
>>51148103
The most baffling thing about communists is the religious fervor with which they cling to their beliefs. Anyone who doubts that ideologies like communism, fascism, and liberal democracy have simply taken the same headspace that was once reserved for religion need look no further than the communist's insistence that dialectic materialism is true, despite the fact that every major communist country has skipped the allegedly-mandatory step of industrialization entirely, while industrial nations have moved beyond the industrial stage (without need for communism) and into service economies.

>>51148588
Fuck off, libertarians are almost as bad as communists.
>>
>>51148611
Blind to the truth you will suffer with the rest in the hyperinflation.
>>
>>51148792
I'm actually pro-gold standard but I still think you're a sperg.
>>
>>51143538
Will be missed
>>
>>51143594
>it's le heckin capitalism!
your reddit is showing
>>
It will still come out they just had more important spin-off titles to release first. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they planned to pair it with a remaster of the first game on Switch.
>>
>>51144374
>Let slip
They shitcanned it because it was an awful fucking movie that was destroyed by preliminary testing. It was literally better for them to eat their losses than let it impact their stocks and public reception, has absolutely zero correlation to any of your fucking rambling.
>>
>>51144292
Jews are evil, but communism has been conclusively proven by history to not be the answer. Anyone who claims otherwise is dangerously low IQ.
>>
>>51143538
Duke Nukem Forever
>>
was the pikachu his dad in the game like the movie? i never played the game.
>>
>>51143594
>Late stage capitalism.
Kill yourself commie
>>
>>51143594
Absolutely delightful bait, fren
>>
>>51147332
>he thinks it hasnt already collapsed
lol
>>
>>51151329
Nah, if anything you'll die first to some random incel shooting in your 4th world shithole you call USA while going out to watch the latest jew globohomo approved Marvel schlock with no mask on
>>
>>51143538
Almost certainly.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.