[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

How the fuck do they expect us to build a proper team
>>
>>51142204
What are you talking about op?
>>
>>51142204
Retard
>>
>>51142224
The gyms have no level scale right
>>51142252
i know you are but what am i
>>
>>51142361
Fight the gyms in order or use several teams. You have exp share always on and can access boxes from anywhere. It's only an issue if you make it one. And you will
>>
>>51142376
touché but there should be level scaling why are they so fucking lazy
>>
>>51142400
Because level scaling is absolute awful in nearly all RPGs. Play more games
>>
>>51142204
>>51142361
>>51142400
100% chance they are doing what Pokemon Origins did with "Oh, you're a new trainer, out of my six pokemon I'll use two instead"
>>
>>51142411
come on anon we both know that not true lots of rpgs have great level scaling
>>
>>51142429
oh yeah that nah i don't see them doing that
>>
File: 1643586488038.png (120 KB, 414x519)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
>>51142448
Lol, sure.
>>
>>51142434
Name 3
>>
No level scaling is better for a storytelling perspective. Not every gym leader is meant to be equal with each other, and they showed that in the SwSh tournament series.
>>
>>51142400
The level scaling would defeat the purpose of allowing you to fight the gyms in any order. If they scaled then it's the same basic formula. Without scaling you can customize the level of masochism you want. Want to take you level 5 starter and shitmons to the 3rd or 4th gym and struggle upwards you can or you want the traditional progression you can.
>>
>>51142500
But you could already do that, just get the shitmons before the next gym.
Proper level scaling only has upsides in an open-world scenario. You can have the traditional experience and also have your own personal flair to how you go through your adventure.
Maybe your team is not well equipped to deal with a certain type, you can just avoid the Gym that uses that type until you have better tools for it.
Or if you think you won't have a better chance later, maybe deal with the Gym while it's still an early, with only a few Pokemon.
>>
>>51142493
gensin impact
candy crush
sonic chronicals
>>
File: muhscaling.png (286 KB, 1184x938)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>51142732
>dude just use shitmons on purpose lmao!
no thanks.
>>
>>51142732
But level scaling doesn't work for the story, level scaling just makes shit easier for people who can't beat a children's game
>>
>>51142204
>>51142361
>>51142400
I think not scaling is a bit lazy but maybe the logic is that to get to the, say, 7th gym in normal order, you'll have to go through so many routes and trainers that you'll make up the experience anyways. Or so I think.
I honestly don't care much about Gyms being higher leveled, and more about the latter Gyms being OHKOable because I left them for the mid or endgame.
>>
>>51142765
Kek
>>
>>51142789
ugh This so much this i can see the being the case 100 percent
>>
Each gym leader will have pokémon ranging from level 15 to 60, and what gym badges we have dictates how many they use.
Ex, if you have 3 gym badges, the fourth gym leader uses 3 pokémon at level 15, 22 and 30, but the same gym leader would also have a fourth pokémon at level 37 if you were fighting them for the fifth badge.
>>
>>51142204
Can someone please explain what the fuck the point of an open world with no level scaling is?

Wouldn't it just be:

>Go to later gym because you can
>Get curbstomped because you have route 1 shitmons and they're in the 40's
>So you end up just doing it in the intended order for most of the game becasue of it
>>
>>51142898
I think/hope each gym leader will have*
Not trying to sound like some leaker
>>
>>51142905
The point is you have a choice to fight that gym with low level strats if you want. Remember their whole MO now, especially with exp share, is that you use many different pokemon, so you cpshpuld use several teams if you want this approach
>>
>>51142919
okay but HOW do i fight them when they're level 40 and my team hasn't hit double digits

it just doesn't sound fun
>>
>>51142905
>>Get curbstomped
Not everyone is terrible at Pokemon games like (You) are.
>>
>>51142929
You catch pokemon around the gym or you use simple stall.
>>
>>51142929
Then don't do it. Some people find enjoyment that. I don't, but it doesn't mean it can't be an option for others.
>>
>>51142929
Do like two raids and you'll have the level up items necessary to cheesy levels. Also they could use mechanics like the totem boosts to make lower level Pokemon harder.
>>
>>51142789
tbf it's still an improvement since with current games that's a problem from gym one
>>
>>51142929
>and my team hasn't hit double digits
stupid fuck, you'll have to literally travel from one side of the region to the other.
you WILL gain EXP.
play FRLG man it's pretty gud
>>
>>51142204
It'll be like souls games where you clunky fuck your way through it the first time, then streamline strategy for future playthroughs.
>>
>>51142204
Each area will have a mix of lower levelled Pokémon and higher levelled Pokémon. It’s like how you can abuse raid dens to get nearly any Pokémon level appropriate in SWSH, but intentional.

Of course some Pokémon will still be locked to later points (you’ll need Surf or Climb or some shit), but that still happens in other open world games. It’s just going to be a lot more open. You want to catch a Cetini before Gym 1? Go a fucking head, there’s some Level 5 ones but you need to travel fucking ages away and avoid the Level 60 Cetitan’s that you’ll piss off.
>>
>>51142772
Why did you make a chart to tell us that you're bad at games? They're all piss easy.
>>
I'm going to do evil team story first cause it's boring then gym league and save treasure for last because its the only new concept
>>
>>51144179
I'll do all three at once because I'm not braindead
>>
>>51144190
juming between the 3 wouldnt make it any different to past games
>>
>>51143684
So you think Wild Pokémon level balance will be the same as PLA's? sounds fine to me
anything as long they don't bring back the lame "uuuuh actually you can't catch that because not enough badges" restriction from SwShit
>>
>>51142772
>PLA
>actually has some decently challenging parts
????? One battle.
>>
>>51144222
Yes it does, it can choose what I do at my own pace and how much of each to do per locale.
>>
>>51144250
you will be speedrunning the game and complain there's no content left
>>
>>51142772
Comparing turn based RPGs to Action Based RPGs doesn't even make sense the skill ceiling is much higher when you have the freedom to dodge attacks if you're good enough. And the only challenging battle in PLA is purely because it's an 8v6 battle and two of the pokemon are Giratina.
>>
>>51144222
How do you know that all 3 stories aren't just merged into the main story and they are just marketing it to you like you're getting 3 stories in one when really it's just the same shit
>>
>TPCI has been trying to explain some gyms having laughably low levels as team swapping
>Has perfect opportunity to show gyms swapping out teams based on player badges
>Doesn't because that'd be work
>Turns so-called 'open world' into a linear path of progression unless you're a retard who wants to try and fight level 40+ Pokemon with your level 10-20 team.
>Or you grind forever, doing the later content first and thus trivializing the rest of the game
>Retards on /vp/ defend this
People want major hurdles like gyms and rival/evil team matches to scale based on what other points of progression the player has made so they at least have a thin veneer of challenge with competent and consistent world design, not literal 1-to-1 level scaling.
>>
>>51144391
I don't but the leaker said it took him 60 hours to beat which implies 3 times or more the length of swsh
>>
>>51144226
It will be both. There’ll be a wider range level of… well, levels, because PLA isn’t truly open world in sense of progression and actual world. But I bet you’ll be stopped from luckily catching way higher levelled Pokémon.

Want a Beartic early? Well, GameFreak won’t let you catch that Level 40 one but they have no issue with you catching the level 14 Cubchoo beside it. Just be careful.
>>
>>51144286
Arr you retarded?
>>
>>51144286
It's the same content in different order retard
Stop posting you stupid cunt
>>
File: file.png (166 KB, 761x600)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>51144377
>i-it's turn based so there's no skill!
>>
>>51144417
>>51144425
>does everything on the first day
>wtf there's no content
>>
>>51144441
Are you being intentionally retarded to keep the thread bumped?
>>
>>51144236
I wouldn't say it was hard, but it genuinely felt like pokemon just hit harder in JLA. My buddies still unfamiliar with Pokemon or the type matchups had Pokemon fainting left and right. Not dying outright, but combined with getting hit out of battle was still a major step up over SwSh. Plus the Pokedex pages ended up letting you switch up your party a lot for secondary progress while also using weaker things. Was at least more engaging.
>>
>>51144513
>My buddies still unfamiliar with Pokemon or the type matchups had Pokemon fainting left and right.
>or the type matchups
But the game quite literally tells you which moves are effective, what are you on about?
But of course PLA is more engaging than SwSh - and like thank god, Pokedex completion is pretty much all it has going for it
>>
>>51142411
So is open world but here we are.
>>
>>51142498
>No level scaling is better for a storytelling perspective.

What’s with GF’s insistence on their shitty stories getting in the way of a half decent game. I can trace a large amount of my critiques of the past gens to this point.
>>
>>51142429
that is scaling
>>
>>51142772
botw has scaling
>>
>>51144513
They used a new damage formula in PLA and it makes everything hit harder.
>>
>a wide open world you can go on any direction and catch anything
>How am I supposed to pick a proper team if you don't railroad me down a certain path?!
You people will bitch about literally anything.
>>
>>51142498
Then you can tweak the scaling in a way that fighting the stronger gym leaders is still a pain in the ass if you tackle them first, forcing you to either try another gym or come up with a strategy.
But this is an indie game so yeah we can't expect this kind of feature which takes a whole week of development time.
>>
>/vp/ bitches nonstop about handholding
>also bitches when they find out the game's level curve won't hold their hand
it's like pottery
>>
>>51145530
Theyre terrified about playing day one without online guides
>>
>>51145608
handholding is just another term for midgame lategame tutorials
>>
>>51142429
> Pokemon Origins
The youtuber you got that from its wrong, it was b2w2 that introduced it and it has been done since gen 1.
>>
>>51142498
> and they showed that in the SwSh tournament series.
They're literally supposed to be fought in order but its only in the final fight that they go full force.
Play the game.
>>
>>51144856
It's the heart of the game bro
Level scaling would make sense if you fight 8 Ace Trainer #761+
But here it's supposed to be actual characters with a job in their world and different backgrounds, doesn't make sense for everyone to drag around lv 70 tyranitars
>>
>>51142400
Scaling is fucking shit in almost every RPG, it was shit when Fraud Howard put it into Oblivion instead of just doing what Morrowind accomplished just fine already and it's shit now
>>
>>51142905
Here is a guy playing Pokemon X modded so that every enemy trainer in the game has level 100 pokemon from the start. Fucking shitter faggot, git gud.
>>
>>51142500
no, it would bolster replayability by allowing players to tackle gyms in different order depending on their needs without compromising the challenge
without level scaling, the only way you're realistically taking on a gym of lv 30 mons with lv 14 nfes that are supposed to take on the first gym is to grind your eyes out
at that point the incentive to go in a different order kinda vanishes
>>
>>51144426
I didn't remember red's team being in the 90
>>
>>51145718
And in what order do you fight them in the Champions Cup tournament? Ascending from the earliest leader to the latest.
>>
File: 1274380264527.jpg (94 KB, 550x480)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>51142204
By going out in the wild and catching different Pokémon that best fits the situation that you're in?
Hello? Earth to anon?
>>
>>51144426
Red's Snorlax is Level 82 in HGSS though. What is this from?
>>
All pokemons scaled up to lv50. :^)
there.
>>
>>51145824
You don't remember his level 99 Pikachu?
>>
>>51145916
>https://pokemon.fandom.com/wiki/Red
nope, what game?
>>
>>51145480
BOTW had scaling in late game and it was god awful, the rest of the game didn't. The only way they could balance how stale it gets is by making your weapons fragile as fuck.
>>
>>51145840
and?
>>
>>51145817
The overall difficulty will be the same and that's the issue. Would be better to have a few hard gyms by being very under leveled than 8 stompfests just in different type orders which is a distinction without a difference.
>>
File: suicune_gif.gif (52 KB, 500x438)
52 KB
52 KB GIF
>>51142204
Isn't this just like that Crystal romhack? Seriously, this is one of the better things Game Freak has done and should be encouraged to continue.
>>
>>51145809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=zXB2s8nF4QA
>>
>>51146260
>smallant
Oh look, another "hack" locked behind a patreon.
>>
>>51142772
If you don't like the dexcut this take means nothing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.