[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ray and atari.png (317 KB, 682x660)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
>only pokemon game characters with voice actors
>its just generic grunts like zelda
Just why
>>
>>51140529
Honestly a blessing. Can you imagine if they did add voice acting, and made it so all the Pokémon say their own names like in the anime as a consequence?
>>
>>51140544
Imagine if they had a brain and made them have actual monster sounds instead
>>
>>51140551
Like they did?
>>
>>51140529
You're right, I wish I could've heard Hau talk about chimichangas for 40 minutes of unskippable voice acting
>>
>>51140560
not 8 bit sounds dingnut
>>
Ya just know the old fanbase is old once the in-game pokemons start using the anime voices
>>
>>51140529
i dont want voice acting. i want to choose to imagine how my trainer and pokemon sound, i dont want every single pikachu to sound like ash's or every eevee to pull me out of immersion by imagining various aoi yuuki characters making weird animal noises. if they let you turn it off, great. otherwise theyre just trying to sell the games to the seiyuu crowd, and i dont need my two autism streams crossing involuntarily like this
>>
Adding VA into series that previously lacked it is always one of those topics that causes intense autism fits. Big rants about how it ruins every single game and better not happen here. Then eventually it happens and nobody is bothered either way.
>>
>>51140570
but why though
>>
>>51140745
i would only be bothered if it wasn't good voice acting, and it's really hard for me to picture a Pokémon game with voice acting that actually turned out well
>>
>>51140745
As always.
Do it.
As long.
As you can disable it.
Because yeah I'll agree VA is mostly cringe but dialogue spam with no VA is also awkward
>>
>>51140570
>he didn't play Stadium
But seriously. Imagine if they had a brain and they kept using mixes of bird chirps, elephant roars, etc to make unique cries instead of only resampling the cries for Pikachu, Raichu, and Eevee (and also Murkrow & Buizel for some reason), then just slapping filters over the old 8bit noises for all the others.
>>
>>51140529
LET THE TREASURE HUNT BEGIN
>>
>>51140529
Pokemon Masters has voice acting
>>
>>51140529
I'd rather not have voice actors over annoying japanese voices
>>
>>51140529
Voice acting does nothing but detract from a game unless you're determined to do it as right as possible. I'm talking shit like Dark Souls 1 or Xenoblade 1 where they hired actual theater troupe actors to do the voice work. Anything else isn't worth it, it's guaranteed to be worse than whatever you're imagining. Nintendo in particular has a horrible track record on this, BotW's voice acting was mediocre at best and awful at worst. Anyone who cares about this enough for it to be a sticking point is an NPC with no imagination.
>>
bad voice acting can ruin the entire experience so no, not worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0co-1ZgdGPU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHH3s_wRvOw
>>
>>51140529
I played as the female character in PLA.
Everytime i play i hear her grunts and moans and they feel so sexual it's doing something to me and i get distracted by my boner and i now contemplate if playing as the girl was a bad idea
>>
>its just generic grunts like zelda
G O O D
O
O
D
O
O
G O O D
>>
Honestly I wouldn't mind 3D Zelda-style voice acting for these games where everyone has a voice, you only ever hear grunts or murmurs or a little random vocalization to let you know the character is speaking. It'd be even better if the games had Banjo-Kazooie type blabbering between characters.
>>
Why are Poketards so against voice acting? Poketards will say that it somehow detracts from the experience or that no VA is a stylistic choice, when it's just Game Freak being lazyfucks putting in minimal effort. With every other JRPG series voice acting has been the norm for the past 2 even 3 in some cases video game generations but Pokemon gets to be special for whatever reason. That scene in SwSh when one of the gym leaders was supposed to be singing but just jumped around was awkward.
>>
>>51140529
>Just why
Its a blessing of laziness, have you heard the talent they generally get? And you can bet your ass that there would be no options to have different voices to text language.
Dubbing for a bunch of regions is also pretty costly.
>>
>>51141700
>spoiler
the most based and unashamed take on all of >>>/vp/
>>
>>51141700
>>51141767
Even the Zelda style VA would be a major improvement because your mind would fill the blanks for the dialogue based on the grunts or murmurs you hear when you meet a character, instead of having no baseline at all for what they might sound like
>>
>>51141767
I'm against it if they don't offer the option to disable or use jap voices. Anime VAs are cringe
>>
>>51140544
It would be great
A childhood dream come true
>>
>>51140544
>>51141822
>TPCi dubs it
>it's absolute garbage
>>
>>51141820

Jap voices are just as cringe as the English ones, you just don't know any better because you don't understand what a normal Japanese speaking voice sounds like.
>>
>>51143106
nta but the ratio is the opposite. majority of dubs are absolute garbage quality with a few single characters that are genuinely good, whereas japanese voice acting is more of a career (akin to acting, which is more common in the west) and there are only a few that i can think of who really cant voice act to save their lives, or at least should stick to 1 typecast. its really not that hard to tell when jp voice acting is phoned in, for example most of the movie characters are not voice actors, so they sound markedly less "anime" because they were just called in as a celebrity guest, similar to american movies hiring actors who cant voice act for shit just to get people to watch the movie for that actors presence
>>
>>51143061
>It's great
ftfy

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.