[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: 16489278953.png (935 KB, 1134x1080)
935 KB
935 KB PNG
Lyla Edition

>Livestream link (Fridays @ 9:55 AM UTC):
https://mov3.co/tvtokyo
https://www.twitch.tv/pokekalos

>Latest episode:
https://nyaa.si/view/1527927 (1080p)
https://nyaa.si/view/1527926 (720p)

Next episode:
>PM2019 111 - Mohn and Lillie, A Snowfield Reunion (May 20th)
https://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pocketmonster/episodes/

Future episodes:
>PM2019 112 - Triumphant Return! The Alola Champion! (May 27th)
>PM2019 113 - Final Mission! VS Regieleki & Regidrago (June 3rd)

>Summaries, voice cast, etc.:
https://pastebin.com/pRWCDSsU

>Upcoming episodes previews:
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1509848045621772291
https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1525060032731426816

>Previous episodes:
https://pastebin.com/CGSd907r

>Pokémon Twilight Wings, PokéToons, and Pokémon Evolutions subs:
https://pastebin.com/gkJSXkbL

>Movies:
https://pastebin.com/aftNceDW

>M23: Coco:
https://nyaa.si/view/1418317 (1080p)
https://nyaa.si/view/1418316 (720p)

>Specials and Audio Dramas:
https://pastebin.com/BM8SC2zU

>Music, manga, and more:
https://pastebin.com/gXfZtrrJ

Previous: >>50435488
>>
File: 1652559396077.jpg (120 KB, 1024x540)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Kinda lame ngl
>>
Ash x Serena
>>
File: chadlainENTER.jpg (99 KB, 1162x614)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
ENTER
>>
Ash x Dawn
>>
I watched this episode, why is this anime so crudely drawn now?
>>
File: 1649626847266.jpg (541 KB, 1184x1200)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
Tic toc, /padt/
>>
>>50436938
It should be hype af, but since it's PM we know all battles will suck and Ash's victories will be unearned
>>
>>50436929
Ash vs. Leon will obviously be 6 on 6 so Ash can use his full JN team, and being the final fight of the series.

Cynthia will probably be the semi-finals so I can see having two 6 on 6's to match XY and most series prior.
>>
>>50436977
Ash is going against Leon in round 1 anon...
>>
>>50436942
cute
>>
>>50436938
Cynthia the Smug Queen
>>
>>
>>50436938
I wonder what the matchups will looks like. I suspect Cynthia will job to Leon first.
>>
File: 1652241450315.jpg (580 KB, 1484x2048)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>50436920
Nia!
>>
File: 267377.jpg (156 KB, 1200x622)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
Ash and Iris doing absolutely nothing.
>>
Ash and Alan will battle, and with greninja. Lucario's Aura Sphere is literally aimed at Leon in the opening, I have no idea how people spin this into thinking it's for Alan.
>>
>>50436938
Can't believe Ash is about to fight multiple Champions, and the best I can muster up is 'huh...okay I guess'.
>>
>>50436920
is that a boy or a girl?
>>
No reserves, no problem. Ash is gonna solo the entire M8 with his newest team
>>
File: 7750288-copium.jpg (10 KB, 323x156)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>50437054
>>
File: 95171800_p8.jpg (271 KB, 820x465)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>
File: FSob-hdacAEXOIq.jpeg.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>50436920
i hate how journeys gives the best designs to character we'll see like twice
>>
>>50437030
another edgy brat with a Weavile
>>
Why do people think Greninja's scene being removed from the op means anything? You guys do realize we'll eventually see Bonnie/clemont, Lisia/Wallace, etc. all likely replaced eventually? Most likely after Paul's ep airs.
>>
>>50437069
cute
>>
>50437089
Greninja's frames were literally replaced by Ash-Lucario sphere, I think the implication of that is super obvious.

People will have a hard time to accept but they literally just used Greninja to power up Lucario, they won't use it to overshadow it.
>>
>>50437089
The frog removal is meaningful. They could have replaced Lisia who's basically a glorified COTD. But they chose the frog who they all know is popular. It's unironically over for frogfags.
>>
File: 1652535371102.png (110 KB, 503x485)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>50437063
> 'I-IT'S OKAY IF HE DOESN'T USE RESERVES, GUYS!'
> he said as he posted an image of DP Ash, who used reserves throughout the Sinnoh League
>>
>>50436823
>>50436839
This unironically makes sense.
Like goku and chi chi relationship.
>>
>>50437115
Because the training ep was done. The Aura Sphere is aimed at Leon of all things.

I don't know why they didn't get rid of the Bonnie/Clemont or Lisia scenes yet but I guess they're waiting till all the old character cameos air. There's still Paul and the Alola eps.
>>
>>50437089
IGNORED
RETCONNED
REMOVED
>>
I wouldn't mind no reserves if his PM team were as lively and full of personality as his XY and SM teams. But they are all so bland.
>>
>>50437071
What do you mean those are Goh's new traveling companions
>>
File: 1651458987537.jpg (457 KB, 1400x1200)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
Reminder that we WILL see them together again as they join up to watch Serena win the Contest Lives finals.
>>
File: Large.jpg (26 KB, 304x306)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>50436942
>>50437123
She's too big for him.
>>
>>50437157
I would still mind 'no reserves', but it'd sting less. Hard to feel anything when Ash will beat his toughest challenge yet with his literal who battlebots though.
>>
>>50437089
>Already coping
>>
>>50437167
Dumb Serenafag
>>
I don't care
>>
>>50437183
You guys are jumping to conclusions. This is the same opening that didn't include Serena to keep her return a surprise. It'll be the same for Greninja.
>>
Realistically, why do you think they removed Ash-Greninja from the flashback?
>>
>Anyone remember the episode where they go to alternate universe and meet their clones?

>Anyone remember the episode where they go to alternate universe and meet their other selves?

>Anyone remember the episode where they go to alternate universe and meet their dopplegangers?

>Anyone remember the episode where they go to alternate universe and meet their doubles?

Guess the ethnicity of each author of the above posts.
>>
>>50437193
> you guys are
trying to bait a reaction out of you, and you're falling for it.
>>
>>50437194
Because they're saving it. I also think having Ash explain it to Go would have been too time consuming and take the focus away from Lucario.
>>
>>50437194
retconned because it was a shit form
>>
>>50437177
Even better
>>
>>50437194
his job is done basically, he doesn't need to appear anymore.
>>
Remember when people said Lillie's Mohn plot would never be resolved?

Remember when people said Iris wouldn't make it to the Masters 8 and she was one and done?

Remember when people said Dawn would only get one cameo and wouldn't come back despite all the Piplup merch at the time?

Remember when people said Alan would never return?

Remember when people said Serena wouldn't appear this series because the writers couldn't follow up the kiss?

etc.


Half the things I remember people saying when this saga first started were all proven wrong.
>>
>>50437165
i wont allow it
>>
>>50437182
I remember a past thread where someone proposed a model where Ash has to fight through all M8 members starting from Iris upwards. Seven 6v6s would literally give room for Ash to use a team for each of the series, finishing with his PM team for Leon. What a waste of an opportunity.

>Kanto/Johto mixed team vs Lance
>Kalos team vs Alain
>Unova team vs Iris
>Sinnoh team vs Cynthia
>Hoenn team vs Steven

And Alola team vs Diantha, I guess.

But it will most likely be shitty 3v3 single-elims where there wouldn't even be room for proper reserve use.
>>
When will the season and anime end?
>>
>>50437193
Face it, Greninja won't return. No wait, he'll return in a scene similar to 109 when he looks at the sky after Lucario had won the M8. That's all you'll get. Hope i see you happy
>>
>>50437215
what do you mean?
greninja won't come back
reserves won't be used
Lucario will become the strongest Ash's pokemon
and you will like it
>>
>>50437230
November
>>
>>50437230
Around gen 9 release.
>>
>>50437240
>Lucario will become the strongest Ash's pokemon
>and you will like it
yes i will
>>
>>50437228
This is pretty much exactly what I wanted, but this rushed, poorly-written saga only knows how to waste good ideas and give people the most disappointing 'payoff' possible.
>>
File: 97556850.jpg (401 KB, 1200x1200)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>50436686
That's implying that Serena or any girl Ash would have kids with would settle down themselves and not want to keep traveling around as well. If Ash ever did start a family with whoever you ship him with, they would be like one of those families that just travel all over.
>>
>>50437215
Let's hope reserves happen. But i honestly doubt it. Ash doesn't look like he needs them or is even considering the idea
>>
>>50437240
> and you will like it
>>
>>50437261
The whole opening shot of his old pokemon is aimed at Leon. Or just the general group shots of the current series like your pic
>>
Shut the fuck up about A-G already holy shit, It's like you fuckers don't want to talk about anything else
>>
File: 1618552936650.jpg (399 KB, 1920x1080)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
>>50437222
The new girl is going to make Koharu jealous
>>
>>50437212
Pretty much this. It has served it’s purpose.
>>
The way Goh snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the new episode reminded me a lot of earlier Ash and the contrivances that caused him to lose.
>>
God I hate Leon
>>
>>50437279
It was training Lucario, but that doesn't mean it "served its purpose."
>>
>>50437255
Serena would probably eventually retire from performing relatively early, and probably assume a more Yashio-like job of managing/instructing local performers. That doesn't require as much traveling, she'd probably be based on some major city and traveling only on occasion.
>>
File: 1652544774241.png (661 KB, 406x858)
661 KB
661 KB PNG
>>50437275
Koharu is already jealous since Goh only wants to hang out with Ash.
>>
>>50437288
>It was training Lucario, but that doesn't mean it "served its purpose."
Thats exactly what it means
>>
>>50437286
>God I hate Leon
same
>>
>>50437288
That was it’s role this series, anon. Let it fucking go.
>>
>>50437294
No, Ash and Greninja nodded to each other at the end.
>>
>>50437269
Now this is cope
>>
>>50437303
>>50437307
They already had the passing the torch moment in the Raihan episode, you honestly expect them to repeat the same thing?
>>
File: 8746358976435.png (246 KB, 330x723)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
Ash trying to figure out an exit strategy after he finds out Goh is as much of a loser as his previous acquaintances.
>>
>>50437056
that's the thing though, Ash is going to battle just 3 people and we pretty much expect it to be Iris, Alain and Leon.
>>
File: 123456789090.png (1.04 MB, 916x516)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>50437271
Is fun to make fun of the jobberfrog
>>
File: annoying bitch.png (601 KB, 853x473)
601 KB
601 KB PNG
Who is this annoying cunt and why did she block Ash? Does she not know he's in the Master 8? What a retarded fucking bitch. He should be allowed to participate, he's fucking MASTER level. Turned off the episode, that's why I get for giving a G*h ep a chance LOL
>>
>>50437316
> Iris, Alain and Leon.
no we dont
Iris is too irrelevant
Alain jobs to Leon, for a Zard vs Zard fight
>>
>>50437312
No because it isn’t coming back.
>>
>>50437194
>teasing
>don't want to confuse kids by putting AG in a flashback and not having it show up live
>not to overshadow Lucario by having Greninja get a special form from the bond and Lucario not
>Battle Bond turns into Aura so Greninja can teach Lucario how to master it and if BB is no more then so is the AG form

One of those
>>
>>50437240
>and you will like it
Like it is little, I WILL LOVE IT
>>
>>50437320
that's my wife
>>
>Lucario defeats Cynthia/Leon with a massive auraball that gets energy from all of Ash's Pokemon and human friends

Ok, that COULD be kino.
>>
File: 3454234322.png (352 KB, 1157x579)
352 KB
352 KB PNG
>>50437275
Kek, Based
>>
>Scott is still trying to autistically say AG is coming back
Retarded
>>
>>50437312
I swear Greninja babies have to be the pettiest motherfuckers ever. Let it go, you think Ash cares about some revenge with my frog? If he fights Alain he'll do it with his current team
>>
>>50437328
No way they are passing the opportunity to have Ash rematch Leon. Ash vs. Iris is boring, but it is bound to happen as well.
>>
File: 1637497416437.png (1.66 MB, 2234x1257)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>50437240
>and you will like it
>>
File: 1652115495937.jpg (1.57 MB, 1240x1754)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>50437343
Wouldn't that be cheating?
>>
>>50437349
It's not frogfags, they've all given up hope. It's just Scott now.
>>
>>50437349
It makes no sense not to use Greninja. I'm not even some major Greninja fan, it just makes no sense not to use it.
>>
File: 800px-Tsurugi.png (309 KB, 800x450)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
What his deal
>>
>>50437355
hey, if Beat Up is a legitimate move why not
>>
>>50437343
> that would be
horse shit. Literally 'everyone, lend me your energy' but it's for a stupid dogfight.
>>
kill yourselves frogkeks
>>
>>50437351
There are several matches that have reason to happen.

Ash vs Cynthia was teased ever since DP.
Ash promised to fight Iris again.
Ash has the whole Kalos league thing vs Alain.
Ash never finished his battle with Diantha.
Ash has mentioned Lance as someone to overcome earlier on.
Leon is literally stated to be Ash's goal.

I think only Steven has no real "reason" to fight Ash here. I hope the tournament format they showed in the first few episodes was actually just a placeholder and the actual tournament has him fight everyone but I'm sure I will be disappointed either way.
>>
>>50437361
Just how it doesn't make sense for Ash to not use his over 50 episodes for the biggest tournament in the world. Let it go
>>
>>50437373
See >>50437358
>>
>>50437364
He has to be tough to whip Project Mew members into shape.
>>
>>50437335
Your 'wife' is clearly brain damaged and doesn't understand that she can't talk down to a REGIONAL CHAMPION and a TOP 8 TRAINER, but that's just the bad writing for you. I bet they want us to think that Project Mew is stronger than PWC. Well no thanks.

Maybe they're teasing an episode where Ash fights her and the other red haired guy? It'd be pretty funny if he was able to one shot them and they'd be out of breath, exhausted, and Ash would just say "Thanks for the practice!" without breaking a sweat.
>>
File: FSodk28akAA9SHd.jpg (279 KB, 1448x2048)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Lucario the killer of Fanfiction
>>
>>50437361
What part of passing the torch did you not understand?
>>
>>50437373
Still 1-0 against the dog
>>
>>50437347
You degenerate cunts started drooling like a rabid dog the moment someone with a little fat on her chest came to the show, go outside you fags
>>
>>50437349
It really isn’t Frogfags. It is just Scott.
>>
File: VyBZ6VNM_400x400.jpg (25 KB, 400x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>50437364
He has maybe 5% of Ash's strength. Ash would make him cry in a real battle
>>
>>50437386
They already did that in Raihan
>>
File: FRgdWoxVEAAvJBZ.jpg (1.05 MB, 3300x3400)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>50437384
Ash having a Lucario was pretty much initially a fanfic idea to be fair.
>>
>>50437397
Thus Greninja has no reason to come back. Let him stay in kalos to protect it. Otherwise the world will end again
>>
>>50437364
he should have been the suprise masters 8 not alain
>>
>>50437320
>Who is this annoying girl and why did she block Ash?

She is his wife
>>
File: 462354326235.gif (1.27 MB, 400x300)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB GIF
>>50437384
> the exact same plotline that has been done multiple times (usually better) by literal who fanfic writers
> I-IT'S THE KILLER OF FANFICTION
Holy mother of kek
>>
File: aurelia ashxlillie.jpg (591 KB, 1200x849)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
The final girl is back to take the Ash.
>>
File: ikj18t9b7t081.jpg (185 KB, 1280x1024)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>50437398
Hardly when shit was foreshadowed 17 years ago and multiple times
>>
File: DlTMmafUcAE-JQQ.jpg (77 KB, 680x510)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>50437395
Like in a pokemon battle or an actual fight between them? Cause Ash has done some ridiculous feats with his bare strength.
>>
>>50437384
It tries to be serious but it fails miserably with that artstyle Ash has. kek
>>
>>50437406
> this shithole of a continuity will end in the most brutal, chaotic way possible
Good, this is what it deserves for daring to exist past Sinnoh.
>>
>>50437414
Ash's wife or Goh's wife?
>>
>>50437071
>Introduce 2 rival characters at the very last minute
Sasuga PM
>>
>>50437430
both
>>
>>50437418
>This retarded thing again
Didn't you get BTFOed by another anon a couple threads ago? JN doesn't get to coast off of things that happened 17 years ago if it doesn't actually flashback to it delusional dogfag
>>
>>50437430
Ash's
>>
File: delicous.jpg (178 KB, 726x1275)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>50436920
Boobs still inferior to Serena.
>>
>>50437436
Then where and who is Goh's wife?
>>
>>50437442
Chloe
>>
>>50437435
>JN doesn't get to coast off of things that happened 17 years ago if it doesn't actually flashback
Do you also happen to have a flashback there where you kys? What kind of retarded logic is this
>>
File: yikes.png (1.92 MB, 1867x885)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>50437441
Serena is an ugly flattie
>>
File: 7896534231.png (658 KB, 1920x1080)
658 KB
658 KB PNG
>>50437446
Chloe? Nah she's just my pissrag.
>>
Ash with a Lucario is the most obvious and natural thing ever
>>
>>50437418
That's not foreshadowing dude. The idea of Ash getting a Riolu has always been on the drawing board but wasn't fully realized until recent time. It's a reattempt.
>>
>>50437451
>no response
Keep being retarded then I guess. It's the most simple logic imaginable, if it's going to connect to Ash's Aura abilities that were in AG/DP, it actually has to link to them and not rely on delusional fanfic writers like you make up connections that isn't shown.
>>
File: Misty.jpg (65 KB, 500x375)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>50437441
>>
>>50437390
ywnbaw
>>
>>50437464
It is, but in this show in particular it feels a lot like "fuck it, give him a Lucario. And make it a mega while you're at it. Fuck, just give him a Gengar and a Dragonite too."

They should just have gone all the way and finished his team with other popular mons instead of the duck and the fossil.
>>
>>50437469
NTA you retard, read next time. Your argument sounds dumb af
>>
File: FR6TVzMVkAA0LEF.jpg (110 KB, 769x1129)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>50437446
Poor Goh.
>>
>>50437475
Because his story is ending, they just gave him the most famous ones so he can go out with a bang. Like Dragonite and Gengar
>>
>>50437464
> reattempt
No, it's a cheap apology that's coming way too late and is way too undercooked to actually feel satisfying; much like everything else in this saga. Honestly, they way it's written makes it feel cynical, dismissive and almost insulting; like they're saying 'there, you got your fucking dog now! Happy? Now stop complaining!'
>>
File: 20220513_164704.jpg (393 KB, 1638x2048)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>50437384
Ash having a Lucario while using Aura is peak fanfiction tho, and I still like it
>>
>>50437349
frogfag here, I unironically think it's over, I don't know why people have faith in this series delivering actual kino, it's not going to happen.
>>
>>50437480
>no argument yet again
dogfags are all retarded I guess
>>
>>50437441
>Trashrena
>Superior
Dumb anon
>>
File: 1651237940280.jpg (188 KB, 691x1170)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
Lucario is based, stop seething frogkeks
>>
>>50437498
Greninja literally has foreshadowing to return
>>
>>50437498
Every frogfag thinks its over. It's just Scott. All frogfags have left is laughing at dogfags for utterly getting destroyed by the ninja
>>
File: EnCSNMqUYAINe9k.jpg (28 KB, 360x288)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>50437496
So when is Ash's Lucario going to turn into Mega Ash-Lucario? That would be peak fanfiction and I would enjoy it.
>>
>>50437475
>instead of the duck and the fossil
These two are the weirdest. It's like they were mandated to promote at least a few Gen 8 mons for Ash but happened to pick the two most random candidates possible.
>>
>>50437496
This fags tells us that no pokemon is too cool and proceeds to shill the fuck 7 shitmons out of all 900+ pokemon.
>>
>>50437498
Unironically this. Ash is going to use his new Pokémon to beat everyone. Reserves only got shown for a couple seconds in a Project Mew episode, where Infernape got mogged by a flaming turkey. This 'World Championship' will end with Ash using fresh recruits we barely see him train, rather than all the Pokémon we've seen him build actual connections with.
It's unironically over. The one shot they had at a good World Tournament arc is gone, just like Ash's first Championship title; all botched by the same hack.
>>
>>50437469
>delusional fanfic writers like you make up connections that isn't shown.
Anon, you're going to have to come up with an actual argument one of these days instead of just
>F-FANFIC
>>
File: 1507577790420.jpg (94 KB, 797x719)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>50437485
>Because his story is ending
Not this again. Ash isn't leaving. If that was true, then a bunch of other stuff like Giovanni need to be wrapped up too which isn't happening.
>>
>>50437531
>>50437509
It's not over. IT"S NOT OVER
>>
>>50437538
>If that was true, then a bunch of other stuff like Giovanni need to be wrapped up too which isn't happening
I don't think Giovanni is necessary, actually not necessary at all
>>
>You see, Ash needs to get all the starters and the regional bird ok? NO you can't give him a team of full evolved mons NO you can't give him a Lucario it's bad writing because I say so, it's lame because I say so, it's forced because I say so
>>
>>50437533
I shouldn't have responded to a retard who was already shown to be a delusional dumbfuck a couple of threads ago. Fucking mutts
>>
>>50437496
Unfortunately the anime gave him the poorest moveset. They need to get rid of Reversal & Steel Beam with Bone Rush and Extreme Speed/Close Combat.
>>
File: 1649627582067.gif (1.66 MB, 877x272)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB GIF
>>50436950
Ash x Dawn
>>
>>50437552
It's the only moveset that could work with the shitty animation kek. Imagine them trying to animate the hand to hand stuff with close combat or bone rush
>>
>>50437550
>I shouldn't have responded to a retard who was already shown to be a delusional dumbfuck a couple of threads ago. Fucking mutts
No response, I accept your concession.
>>
File: 1609936232016.jpg (145 KB, 1020x725)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>50437548
Can we give him a legendary?
>>
>>50437540
Give up man, why waste your energy having literally any expectations from this shit saga? Tomiyasu only cares about wanking Arora and making Ash 'unbeatable'. If you can't accept the state this show is in, just take this L and admit that you should've moved on from this cartoon for toddlers years ago.
>>
>>50437496
Is it? I mean in that AG Movie we found out people exist with Aura and shit and Ash just happened to be one of them. Now 17 years later we are here once again with Ash using his aura powers. This whole aura thing became a thing as soon as it was introduced
>>
File: 1648536867765.jpg (118 KB, 700x980)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>50437561
>>
>>50437570
I want him to get Lugia, would be cool.
>>
File: c2ctuk27kne21.jpg (57 KB, 550x467)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>50437566
Holy projection Batman!
>>
>>50437488
>apology
You frogfags got mindbroken pretty hard, huh? Everything they do is an apology exclusively to you
>>
>>50437574
Sounds exactly start of a fanfiction to me
>>
>>50437364
full team when
>>
>>50437579
Meds, now!!
>>
>>50437548
> h-hey guys you like my strawman???
No, fuck off. I've wanted Ash to have a Dragonite, Lucario and Gengar for years, but the writing surrounding these Pokémon (on the rare occasion they actually show up) is utter dogshit. Unironically, the Pokémon I like most on his team is the stupid duck, because at least it got a GOOD arc and has a fun personality (when it actually gets to show up). Proof that having shillmons is worthless when they're this badly written.
>>
File: mmexport1573290870599.jpg (46 KB, 1500x1000)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>50437570
Chibi form Giratina would be based
>>
>>50437540
Give me a good reason for Greninga to leave his duties in Kalos and return to Ash's team. Give me a good reason, something that makes sense beyond "Muh special frog lost against Alain so now he NEEDS to return and beat his ass just because" Come on i'm waiting fag
>>
>>50437596
>the writing surrounding these Pokémon
Is bad because, let me guess, you say so
>>
>>50437582
So when is the aura hunter that has awoken from being stuck in stone for thousands of years to hunt down Ash going to appear? If we're doing fanfic ideas, let's do that. I do want to write something like that later down the line at some point, I think it would be fun to do.
>>
>>50437600
Ash is paired with Alan, Ash decides to bring back Greninja, it's not rocket science. The vines were an afterthought in the episode, they can easily bring back Greninja for one match.
>>
>>50437610
>Ash decides to bring back Greninja
Why? he has a full team who can take on champion tier Pokemon.
>The vines were an afterthought in the episode, they can easily bring back Greninja for one match.
They appeared 2 times in the episode and were dangerous.
>>
>>50437574
Yes, since that movie there have been thousands of fics with aura Ash and people still can't decide what powers use for him. Since the movie we know that aura os life force and everyone has but Ash is a freak of nature in that area.
>>
>>50437633
The vines were an afterthought the whole episode. When the previews were airing I thought they would make a big deal out of them, instead they barely appeared and the final scene was just to show Greninja/Lucario team up against them. After that they didn't even show up again.
>>
>>50437570
Ho-Ho being his legendary is the choice which makes more sense to me.
>>
>>50437610
Why? He didn't do that in your favorite season, the one you fags were was the last and assured victory.
>>
File: 63804486.jpg (204 KB, 700x700)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>50437636
I like to think Ash could use aura to do stuff you would see in things like dragon ball. Shoot beams made of aura, create shield, see and sense things and so forth.
>>
SATOSHI IS MY SUPER MAN!
>>
File: lemonsback.jpg (149 KB, 997x858)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
What kind of episode do you guys think the Lemon siblings will be back for? Because they didn't get a send-off.
>>
File: Ash Japanese Superman.png (12 KB, 538x232)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>50437667
We know Japan.
>>
>>50437054
This begs the question: What will Pikachu do?
If this is the grand finale of the series, no way they would left Pikachu without a big win. Maybe there will be another battle (Tobias? Giovani? Red? Ho-oh?) after Ash wins the tournament where Pikachu can shine
>>
>>50437605
Yes
>>
File: FP_97ZWaUAcLv7E.jpg (46 KB, 600x600)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>50437672
They will meet Delia and Bonnie will ask her to marry Clemont.
>>
>>50437672
I think this might be it. I mean what kind of send-off do you even want. Like the one with Greninja and Serena?
>>
>>50437581
> F-FROGFAG!!!!
I've wanted Ash to have a Lucario since I watched the 8th movie, retard; it's one of my favorite Pokémon.
>>
>>50437149
So Lucario will deal the final blow to Leon, then? What about Pikachu?
What if, after defeating Charizard, Leon's 6th Pokémon is revealed to be legendary a la Kukui?
>>
>>50437564
They already have done with Bea Grapplock
>>
>>50437604
> i-it's only bad because you said so!!!!
If you've watched all 110 episodes of this series and genuinely think any of these ideas were well-written and properly executed, then I honestly have nothing further to say to you. Take this as my concession if you want, because I'm not gonna waste my time arguing with a brainlet who thinks this isn't one of Ash's laziest, worst-written teams ever.
>>
>>50437692
Just a bit weird they got sent off on a gag, whereas Serena got another goodbye.
>>
>>50437672
A leak said bith were gonna have an episode along with serena. But the leaker, didn't give many details about it.
I don't know if it was true tough, but his leaks about who were the master 8 were right.
>>
File: FCf78dSXsAICUg9.jpg (200 KB, 2048x1145)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>50437693
His dog is Ash's super ace for this gen. Their relationship began with an egg and now he has a Mega. Like seriously what the fuck do you people even want.
>>
File: FSuQhraWIAllFdX.jpg (37 KB, 700x220)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>50437496
My problem with Lucario is that they could've given him a special aura boost, like in smash ultimate, in that game Lucario becomes stronger everytime it's hit, when you are at a high % your aura becomes enormous and you basically delete people.

Instead they gave him a gimmick on top of Mega that basically replace battle bond and it's now aura bond or some shit like that, just to do a one shot g-max sphere.
>>
>>50437375
>Ash promised to fight Iris again.
Ash promises to fight again with literally anyone he defeats
>>
File: 1588382396755.gif (1.92 MB, 230x306)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>some dog is making the nardofrog fandom that only started watching the anime in 2013 seethe so hard
Is this what the call karma after being obnoxious fucks even more annoying than Amourfags?
>>
>>50437538
There's still Project Mew, maybe Giovani is involved?
>>
>>50437720
source?
>>
>>50437720
It be nice to see an XY gang reunion like the SM and DP groups have gotten.
>>
>>50437720
That leak was fake. He got the M8 right because he posted his leak on 4/30 and M8 was leaked 4/27.
>>
File: bat.jpg (136 KB, 902x529)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
The great debate
>>
>>50437720
that was a fake leak
>>
>>50437746
>It be nice to see an XY gang reunion
No, worst group
>>
File: 97788005.jpg (546 KB, 918x1200)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>50437720
Would be nice to see the XY gang reunite. I also want the full reunite of Cilan with Ash and Iris too.
>>
>>50437776
I think a BW is possible, especially with both Ash AND Iris in the M8. As far as the XY gang though, I dunno how they tackle it.
>>
File: 96420154_p0_master1200.jpg (652 KB, 1142x1200)
652 KB
652 KB JPG
Ash x Dawn
It was always meant to be
>>
File: lisia and serena.png (490 KB, 772x772)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>
>>50437776
I know people hate best wishes but i too hope cilan, can reunite with ash and iris, and what does he have to say about how both are top trainers.
>>
>>50437610
>they can easily bring back Greninja for one match
They definitely can, but they won't.
They are hyping Lucario, they even retconned A-G form and bond phenomenon to aura shit just to make it look like Lucario could learn this and become stronger.
They wont' bring Greninja back to steal the spotlight.

Alain will simply job to Leon, since he's the only known character with a strong Charizard besides Leon.
>>
File: ezgif-2-ab4d9bd43c.jpg (172 KB, 1280x720)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
What's this /padt/ meme about Ah's team not having personalities? I've only seen around 8 episodes in total of PM and i they are all pretty distinctive
>>
>>50437767
Nah that's the AG group.
>>
>>50437722
For the execution to actually be GOOD, you mentally challenged baboon. Just because Tomiyasu wrote a 'hurr durr it hatch from egg literally SOULMATE' plotline and kept giving Lucario freebies throughout the saga doesn't mean it's well-executed. In fact, I'd say Lucario, despite being such an obvious and natural pick for Ash, is probably his worst-written and most poorly developed ace to date.
I really liked the idea of it, but maybe Ash having a Lucario is something that should've never stepped out of Wattpad; especially not if they were gonna do it like this.
>>
>>50437797
They didn't retcon anything
>>
>>50437801
No, no one has said they don't have any personalities to my knowledge. They just don't have a lot of screentime and don't work well together as a team
>>
>>50437806
They're like, the second-best group.
>>
>>50437823
>They're like, the second-best group.
Second? Who's the first?
>>
>>50437801
the issue is really about having very little screentime, especially shared screentime to fully flesh out their bonds as a team. a lot of it is glossed over due to the fact PM needs to put a lot of attention on Goh catching Pokemon, and also giving Goh's Pokemon personalities and screentime, too.
>>
>>50437801
they each do have a personality BUT the issue is that they do not get nearly enough screen time for being ashes M8 team
>>
>>50437815
explain this
>>
File: EmwqVzKVcAAKrVI.jpg (170 KB, 1024x676)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>50437837
That's fair. I want to see more of Dragonite. Have Ash get hurt or something and just see the normally dragon type that likes to hug go in a berserk rage.
>>
>>50437829
>May's chemistry with Ash goes to shit as soon as Drew is introduced
>Ash and Max have even less than Ash and Bonnie
>Brock and May barely get anything
>Ash and Brock is the same as it was in Johto

Nah, they're pretty shit. XY isn't much better but it is.
>>
File: alo1ku2vnax81.jpg (113 KB, 1760x675)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>50437818
>>50437848
also Greninja's ability was never tied to aura until uh episode 108, that's a big coincidence
>>
>>50437829
The OS trio
>>
>>50437815
meant for you >>50437858
>>
>>50437801
The problem is that Ash's Pokémon outside of Pikachu barely show up outside of mandatory development arcs, M8 battles, or the occasional cameo. Hell, he doesn't even always have his full party on him; there's multiple episodes where the only Pokémon he has is Pikachu, or MAYBE Riolu, if Pikachu felt like sharing some screen time for once.
>>
File: 70854329.jpg (337 KB, 700x572)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
>>50437859
Eh, the OS group was okay, but not the best. Them being first doesn't really mean anything.
>>
>>50437823
>Group sucks Ash's dick for 24h
More like fourth
>>
>>50437823
Second worst group you mean
>>
File: 1651507485148.jpg (108 KB, 1080x593)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>50437852
they have MORE then needed filler this season I don't know why they don't have eps dedicated to his mons more often

>>50437815
its over they are gone
>>
>>50437858
>>50437894
I want to see the same thing happen to the kiss.
>>
>>50437882
Being first has nothing to do with it. They had the best chemistry amongst each other. Every other group has one weak link.
>>
>Ash Greninja comes back
>Kills /padt/
>Also kills 712 Kalosians who disappeared or will killed by vine tentacles.
>>
>>50437908
kek
>>
>>50437908
>Ash Greninja comes back
never going to happen, just let go already
>>
>>50437858
> they didn't have both Ash and Riolu train under Riley or some sort of Aura master, so that Lucario could use its fullest potential
> they just retconned AG into an aura ability so it could train ONLY Lucario so it could create a really big ball
What the actual fuck is Tomiyasu's problem?
>>
>>50437877
That is how PM operates in general, its characters and plot points have reserved single episode focus then put in the fridge with no progression whatsoever until they have to be called again to the spotlight.
>>
>>50437856
>May's chemistry with Ash goes to shit as soon as Drew is introduced
Dumb shippingfag
>Ash and Max have even less than Ash and Bonnie
Their early interactions alongside when Ash beat Norman and when they left were funny and endearing.
>Brock and May barely get anything
They were shopping buddies a couple of times which is more than Dwan and Brock and Serena and Clemont(combined).
>Ash and Brock is the same as it was in Johto
Fair, but the focus was on the new charas.
They're defiantly above the XY crew.
>>
>>50437917
He didn't like certain aspects of XY.
>>
>>50437891
No, I don't mean that at all. Why would I?
>>
>>50437926
And I'm baffled that some people will go out of their way to defend this nonsense. I don't even know if it's because people are attached to certain ideas, or if they just hate something so much that they're willing to put all their weight behind garbage writing.
>>
File: Ash_and_friends_BW.png (895 KB, 1280x720)
895 KB
895 KB PNG
Cilan, Ash and Iris being in one place is extremely unlikely.
>>
ITT: Seething
>>
File: 20210219_183436.jpg (69 KB, 1108x617)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>50437666
...this thread went to shit already so I guess there's nothing wrong with talking about fanfics.

Fuck Aura, after years I grow tired of the same shit just like I did with amourshit making Ash OoC to justify him falling in love with Serena.

Where's my ninja Ash?
Or mage Ash?
Or psychic Ash?
Or swordsman Ash?
They all got a basis in the anime.
>>
>>50437882
What's your favorite group anon?
>>
>>50437932
So he had to take it out on poor Lucario and its development as well? Is he retarded, or does he hate the dog just as much as he hates the frog?
>>
>>50437883
Are we still talking about the AG group?
>>
What was Tomiyasu's "thinking" when he decided to not explain why the vines were acting up, or referencing Zygarde as for why Greninja was there? Does he think ignoring such a big plot point is "good writing"?
>>
>>50437962
Marketing wanted Greninja back for one episode even if he didn't want to. At the end of the day is all about money
>>
>>50437961
I like the DP group the most. I will admit I'm not sure why, but I enjoy how they do things even if Brock doesn't get as much development compared to Ash and Dawn.
>>
>>50437973
The less talk about XY the better
>>
>>50437973
>Does he think ignoring XY is "good writing"?
He should if he is smart.
>>
>>50437932
>>50437962
I love how people just blame Tomiysau. He isn't the headwriter or even the day to day director of the current series.
>>
>>50437975
So you're telling me Tomiyasu's shit writing is the marketing department's fault now? Aren't we allowed to blame this faggot for his own bad decisions?
>>
File: Ending.webm (2.89 MB, 920x516)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB WEBM
>DP gang
>OS gang
>AG Gang
>Kalos/Alola
>BW
>>
>>50437989
When it comes to Pokemon, the biggest franchise in the world, Nope
>>
>>50437981
They're probably my favorite in terms of individual characters but as a group, their dynamic falls short of OS and AG even though I like Misty and May less than Dawn.
>>
>Episode has Go actually fucking fighting for once
>Actual battles too. Fast, but still proper battles.
>Introduce a cute new girl and a gigafaggot dude that team up
>They're total assholes with dirty tricks in mind
>Both will likely come back at some point in this excessively prolonged side plot that makes no sense

Hell, this whole "You need OUR permission to hunt Mew" nonsense is just a dumb subplot to begin with. When it's not a Go-centric episode, it's good. Give me more Team Rocket radio episodes instead of Go episodes.
>>
>>50437983
He doesn't hide his bias towards SM at all.
>>
The DP group was garbage IMO. Brock got sidelined hard and Dawn and Ash were too fucking similar to have any interesting dynamic.
>>
>>50438007
He wouldn't be the based chad director if he did.
>>
>>50437986
Who is the director of this series?
>>
File: 12345678567.png (1.65 MB, 1280x720)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>50438012
Brock got an actual arc in DP. Dawn was fun and so was Ash. Even if Dawn is a female Ash she os still a girl and thus hdoes girly things
>>
>>50437999
Other directors have had to work with marketing's interference before as well; Tomiyasu isn't the only one. In fact, the format of this series makes me think he's been given the most leeway out of all of them. If he wanted this whole 'aura' plotline, he had more than 50 episodes where he could've snuck it in rather than some pointless filler episode...unless you're gonna tell me all of those are because 'marketing' as well.
>>
>>50437908
this is a galarian's wet dream.
>>
File: 124567890.jpg (407 KB, 1924x1080)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>50438007
He is based after all. God i can't wait for the Alola episodes
>>
>>50438017
Tomiyasu
>>
>>50438000
their group was the best out of what we've got before(not OS) and after

but remember when it comes to DP it is Ash and Dawn's story, brock, unfortunately, had to take a back seat.
I think that the DP chemistry was the best, especially that of Ash and Dawn's relationship they still have the best chemistry out of all shipping/parings there is really no alternative when it comes to shipping they are really made for one another it also helps that Piplup and Dawn are both extremely popular in japan
>>
File: best case.png (1.07 MB, 800x600)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>50437349
frogfag here
I gave up since the training episode
I just hope for at least
>>
>>50438012
>Brock got sidelined hard
I mean yeah, but how is that any different from any other series, at least DP gave him some interesting mons to interact with and a decent endpoint for his character.
>Dawn and Ash were too fucking similar to have any interesting dynamic
Them learning from each other, trading pokemon, and being super into cheering each other on, much more so than with May and Serena, made for a lot of good moments.
>>
>>50438068
So...the reason you liked the DP crew the best is because you're a Pearlshipper?
>>
>>50438076
I became a pearlshipper because I liked DP's story and its characters(Ash and Dawn for shipping)
>>
>>50438037
What is this girbish, Scott?

What does having and arc have to do with group interactions? Brock's role as the older brother got sidelined for the most part. Also Dawn doing girly things doesn't change the fact that her personality is similar to Ash and found it to be boring. Ash talking to himself every episode got boring real quick.
>>
>>50438068
>Ash and Dawn's relationship they still have the best chemistry out of all shipping/parings
Honestly, even thou Dawn's my favorite character I see her mostly as Ash's little sister and really like that dynamic like in the episode where she made a play with her pokemon to cheer Ash up after his loss to Paul.
>>
>>50438091
Ha, whatever you say Scott. Go be contrarian somewhere else
>>
>tfw I've started accidentally calling my girl Scott whenever she says something dumb.
>>
>>50438116
H-hot.
>>
>>50438106
Sorry, I thought the DP group sucked, not trying to be a contrarian I just didn't enjoy the dynamics and chemistry.
>>
File: 123632146236.png (916 KB, 600x800)
916 KB
916 KB PNG
>>50438005
I still Project Mew ends up being evil and want Mew for some nefarious reason.
>>
File: DOyluhYWkAIKSe5.jpg (132 KB, 1200x673)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>50438069
How much comedy can we expect in Gen 9?
>>
>>50438151
Not much since it will be directed by ____me____.
>>
>>50438091
>Brock's role as the older brother got sidelined for the most part.
Not really most of his focus episodes centered around him helping someone understand their pokemon better. Also, his teachings is the primary reason Dawn was able to gain the trust of Mamoswine.
>Ash talking to himself every episode got boring real quick.
He's not just talking to himself, he's talking to a past version of himself, one who is facing similar struggles as hid did and he is now watching her grow and find solutions to her problems in her own way.
>>
This is Ash's last season in the sense that he's getting isake'd next series.
>>
File: 1659382593.png (646 KB, 818x467)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
It's nice that they got rid of this intro, we now have 20 more seconds per episode.
>>
>>50438183
They got rid of it because Go's not going to achieve his goal so they're trying to make it sing less by dropping the intro with him in it.
>>
>>50438194
*sting
>>
>>50438151
I hope a lot more than JN has, I can never get enough comedy!
>>
File: 87946531465312.png (673 KB, 922x866)
673 KB
673 KB PNG
Serena: Now Ash either you marry me or I'll tell everyone you sexually assaulted me when we were traveling together, you'll be kicked out of the M8 faster than a quick attack!

Ash: Blows his brains out.
>>
>>50438250
Well, that escalated quickly.
>>
>>50438263
It's how he gets isaeked next series into a new pokemon world where everyone is as strong as Leon so we can keep the stakes up.
>>
Ash-Greninja was better written than Ash's Lucario but it's good to finally see Ash have a Lucario and the aura powers being addressed. Greninja having an important role in aiding the link between Lucario and Ash was the best solution.
>>
>>50438194
Yep moving it for the next Gen, when he starts catching Gen 9 mons
>>
>>50437275
Based Goh
>>
File: 1652143197958.jpg (1.05 MB, 1200x859)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>50438299
As a rabid frog fag I don't mind Greninja being the missing link between Ash and Lucario, or retconning Battle bond as being related to aura. I think it was probably a smart writing decision. I just wish people weren't so spiteful and praising the idea of Ash-Greninja not coming back to face Alain.
>>
File: 1652542883863.jpg (617 KB, 2073x2592)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>50438250
>>
File: cute.png (912 KB, 850x850)
912 KB
912 KB PNG
Ash x Misty
>>
>>50438338
you just know
>>
Ash decides he wants to bring Greninja for the battle with Alain. Lucario wants to prove itself trustworthy in Greninja's eyes and takes over the vine weeding job for a day via the power of Aura so Greninja can leave and go have the match. They come back when it's done, Lucario and Greninja shake hands and they part ways with Greninja back on the weeding job.

There. I made a very simple and easy to write way for Greninja to come back for a match. I don't even care about rserves, but the lack of basic creativity of you people is just sad.
>>
>>50438394
And it only costs $3,689 in plane ticket costs!
>>
File: 1651699508123.jpg (1.29 MB, 1200x900)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
Ash x everyone
>>
File: 77841594110.jpg (30 KB, 800x640)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>50438338
>>
>>50438394
>Lucario can't Mega Evolve or use full power Aura with Ash missing.
>Dies to the vines
Well done, idiot
>>
>>50438394
Why the fuck are you people so obsessed with this frog? It had his fucking series. I don't even like Lucario, but it switching roles with Greininja for a day is cringy as shit.

Let it fucking go.
>>
>>50438338
Why is every character in this show a dogfucker
>>
>>50438459
> W-WHY WON'T YOU LET GO OF THE PAST
Because Tomiyasu decided to dig up this grave, bring back Greninja, hide the AG form in a way that only fuels speculation, and then put Alain into the M8 for no reason? Seriously anon, what did you fucking expect?
>>
>>50438477
>what did you fucking expect?
To fucking grow up.
>>
>>50438483
> 'g-grow up!!!' he said, as he smugly responded to random idiot #50438477 on a board dedicated to a kids' franchise
You sure showed me.
>>
>>50438477
You wanna blame someone? Blame muh operation frog, death threats and all the other bullshit you fags did
>I-I'm not a frogfag
>>
>>50438531
NTA, but what the fuck are all these accusations? Literally all I've seen frogfags do is post gigachad memes and call each other " my liege " and shit.
>>
>>50438531
> T-THEY'RE PISSING OFF YOU GUYS!!!
For what monetary gain, you idiot? Or did you delude yourself into thinking this is some passion project run by emotional high schoolers rather than a soulless billion-dollar franchise that exists solely to make money?
>>
>>50438515
Anon, you are having a meltdown about a cartoon.
>>
>>50438402
No refunds, by the way.
>>
>>50438531
holy fuck you're delusional. literally everyone here is a shitposter and you're fucking taking this shit seriously. meds and touch grass. fucking kek
>>
>>50438558
Anyone can pull the "you're so mad lol" game
>>
>>50438439
Lucario will be fine. They're still connected even when far apart. Just like Greninja. They'll still harmonize just like how Greninja is somehow still strong enough to deal with he vines now without his form. Lucarios are use to that shit.
>>
>>50438558
> I'm an autistic child, so you saying 'the f word' is a meltdown to me!
Good to know.
>>
>>50438597
>>50438597
>>50438597
>>
>>50438091
Man, this anon really puts Serenafags/XYfags to shame, look at this retarded shit
>>
>>50437882
Well Brock and Misty weren't humping Ash's leg every five seconds.
They mentored him and called him out when he was being a little shit.
>>
>>50437415
Prove it. Post 100
>>
I love Ash's Charizard!



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.