[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>"LSITEN, LISTEN, GUYS LISTEN! WE'RE GONNA RUN OUT OF POWER IN 1000 YEARS! YOU HEAR ME!?! WE WILL NOT HAVE POWER IN 1,000 YEARS FROM NOW! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! WE HAVE TO FIX THIS NOW! NOW NOW NOW! NOT IN YEAR! NOT IN A WEEK! NOT TOMORROW MORNING! NOT IN 25 MINUTES! WE NEED TO DO THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!'
Somebody signed off on this as the plot of the game.
>>
>LEON SIR REDEEM THE DARKEST DAY YOU BLOODY BASTERD
>>
>>50429766
Even the manga acknowledged how retarded the game's plot is. Which is fucking based.
>>
>>50429810
how exactly
>>
>>50429766
allister's daddy
>>
to be fair 1000 years isn't that long
>>
I feel like nearly everyone missed the point of this, but it seems pretty obvious.
He wanted to get the attention of brainlet sports fans, in hopes of getting them ti care about anything other than charizard, but people just don't care. Rose didn't DJ anything wrong, the people of galar failed him.
>>
>>50429835
The Byzantine Empire was a bit over-halfway through its existence 1000 years ago.
It's a long time.
>>
>>50429766
There are probably thousands of other pokes when combined have more than enough energy to power a city instead of Eternatus. Why didn't he use them?
>>
>>50429853
>Byzantine Empire's fall was just 1000 years ago
Oh how time flies. I miss the old days.
>>
File: Retarded Plot.png (484 KB, 720x881)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>50429821
>>
>>50429810
show me
>>
>>50429766
they wanted an "ambiguous" villain but chose a bad way to get there.

I actually like these games but rose was a shit antagonist
>>
>>50429766
>Leon literally tells him "Hey man I get where you're coming from, I'll help you with it tomorrow after the Championship Match okay?"
>This ass literally can't wait one fucking day to trigger his crazy plan to solve a power crisis that won't hit for a fucking millennia

Seriously, this shit really fucking bothered me. It's not even a hard plot hole to fix, just make the energy crisis more urgent, make it 10 years or something but make it so that no one believes it or takes him seriously when he tells them they have to do something about it now before it's too late.

That said, then Rose wouldn't be so obviously in the wrong, he'd come off more as the only person actually taking a serious and genuinely urgent issue seriously while everyone else is bonking pokemans into each other for fun.
Though personally I don't see the issue with having a more ambiguous villain who might actually be right, those types of villains are fun.
>>
Isn't this "energy crisis" just over Dynamax anyway?
Like holy shit, in a thousand years Galar might be forced to Pokemon battle like everyone else outside Galar does. Clearly, this catastrophe is in dire need of prevention right now.
>>
>>50429766
>CITIZENS LISTEN
>WE’RE GOING TO RUN OUT OF OIL IN 1000 YEARS MAYBE SO WE ALL NEED TO ABANDON IT NOW

Rose isn’t supposed to be smart.
>>
File: soviet.png (621 KB, 593x580)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>50429893
hehehe
>>
>>50429863
He'd have to pay them a living salary.
Easier and cheaper to enslave a giant inter-dimensional demon dragon thing.
>>
File: shrug1.jpg (106 KB, 554x439)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
I'd do the same thing.
>>
>>50429936
you say enslave but the player literally captures eternatus and galar us somehiw still using its powet
>>
>>50429916
As far as I understood it, Galar is reliant on Dynamax Particles to fuel their energy requirements and economy (as in, the power that makes pokemon become big is actually a viable energy source that is being used by Galar to power all of their shit).
>>
>>50429896
>>
File: 1484605585111.png (116 KB, 495x882)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>50429955
So wouldn't it just be smarter to, I dunno, transition to another energy source? Like whatever the rest of the Pokemon world is using? They've got a thousand years to do it too, seems safer to me than unleashing Skeleton Fish Alien upon the population to get more Dynamax particles.
>>
File: 143Snorlax_RG.png (734 KB, 1031x845)
734 KB
734 KB PNG
Based Game Freak dabbing on environmentalists.
>>
>>50429893
is the swsh manga any good? Is it... more soulful than whatever the games were supposed to be?
>>
>>50429766
The funniest part is that if he had waited a day or two he would had the MC and Leon at his disposal.
Then everything would have being played as an "Experiment Gone Wrong"
Instead of "Causing the Apocalypse on purpose"
>>
>>50430031
Except the game treats Rose as being right for being concerned about the future. It frames him as being wrong only for summoning Eternatus during the tournament instead of later.
>>
>>50430046
I wouldn't call adventures good but it's not hard to be better than the games
>>
>>50429766
>muh climate change
>muh fossil fules
Rose sounds like my average German politicians I don't see anything wrong here honestly seems legit
>>
>>50429955
If the spooky dragon is the one providing power to the entirety of galar then how does the game explain what happens after the player cataches it?
>>
>>50430078
That's the best part!
It doesn't.
>>
>>50430059
Personally I stopped reading after the first volume of bw2 and the only chapter I really liked was rs. Is the swsh chapter better?
>>
>>50430046
It's almost a parody of the games. Chairman Rose acts like a retarded man child. All the characters think the plot is retarded. Bede hates the fact he got turned into a flamboyant faggot. The two protagonists act like total autists. It's fucking hilarious. I genuinely think the manga writers acknowledged the game's retarded plot and chose to have fun with it.
>>
File: 1450281045992.png (1.07 MB, 880x759)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
SIR
SIR
PLEASE SIR
SIR WE NEED TO DO THE NEEDING NOW SIR
BLOODY BITCH BASTURD
NOW SIR
>>
>>50430127
sounds good honestly might check it out
>>
>>50430078
That's the thing, it wasn't. Rose was planning on using it to provide power but that never happened.
>>
>>50430073
There was no climate change in the plot stop browsing /pol/>>50430073
>>
>>50430165
It really feels like they thought up what they thought was an interesting CONCEPT for a plot, but then never bothered to actually turn that vague concept into an actual plot.
Like they went:
>"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the bad guy was this important guy who wants to use a legendary pokemon to power the region using Dynamax Power?"
And that was it, they went with that and didn't bother to elaborate beyond that basic concept stage.

The plot of this game legitimately feels like this, even the side plots feel this way, like someone half-assed some story ideas but never fleshed anything out or thought about the larger implications of the storyline.
>>
File: The Manga Knows.png (212 KB, 720x546)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>50429977
>>
>>50430031
>>50430051
This has nothing to do with environmentalism dumb ass.
>>
>>50429766
i honestly just think that rose was done extremely dirty... he had an interesting concept and legitimate crisis that needed solving, gamefreak just chose the most retarded way possible to show and solve it
imagine how much cooler the game could've been if some things were done differently
>>
>beats gen 4 for dumbass plot and villain motive
Consider me shocked.
Rose is based off of arabs who buy football teams and department stores, right?
>>50430073
You’ll reopen your nuclear plants some day, I’m sure…
>>
>>50431403
>You’ll reopen your nuclear plants some day, I’m sure…
That won't tinge how the EU energy markets work. If it did France among other states with hydro and/or Nuclear would not also get fucked by these rising energy prices over the past few years.

Even then Natural Gas is pretty vital in general and Asia+NA are part of the LNG market so that means more pricing conception will occur. In the case of this instance it's because Asia was pretty big on bidding for Gas.
>>
>>50429766
Then entire plot was a mess
>Player goes on gym challenge
>Nothing important happens until the game is almost
>Hop freaks out because Leon is a few minutes late for dinner
>Rather than call Leon like a sensible person, he and the player storm Rose Tower
>You meet Oleana (Diet Lusamine) who makes stupid faces and tries to stop you from meeting Rose
>It turned out that Rose and Leon are just talking, making Diet Lusamine's freak out even stupider than already was
>According to Rose, Galar allegedly has an energy crisis, (no proof is shown or stated)
>Rose claims that the energy will run out in 1000 years (no explanation for how he knows)
>He wants to save Galar by repeating the event at almost destroyed it
>Leon miraculously agrees, but only asks that Rose wait until after the Championship Battle because its Leon's job to battle since he's Galar's UNDEFEATED CHAMPION
>Rose can't be bothered to reschedule Leon's battle even though he's the Chairman
>Rose attempts the plan without Leon and predictably fucks it up and Eternatus almost destroys Galar
>Leon tries to stop it but can't
>Player tries but can't do anything until the dogs swoop in at the last second and save everyone's asses
>Player is the treated like hero even though the dogs did nearly all the work
>Player defeats Leon
>THE END
>By the way, the energy crisis is never mentioned again, no mention of how it was fixed, no discussion of how prevent it in the future, no discussion of alternate energy sources sources,
>There's also some shit involving the Hair Brothers in the postgame which honestly sounds more interesting than this fake energy crisis bullcrap but honestly who the fuck cares at this point
>>
>>50430046
Its ok, it has been heavily affected by the fact that the games have more elaborate plots and characters now and that they release way faster.

Under those conditions SWSH came out decently.
>>
>>50431494
>By the way, the energy crisis is never mentioned again, no mention of how it was fixed, no discussion of how prevent it in the future, no discussion of alternate energy sources sources,
Don't forget they casually mention that a mon in the DLC makes the plot moot.
>>
File: leoncard.png (794 KB, 799x961)
794 KB
794 KB PNG
>>50431373
I've been saying this since the game came out, but Galar in general had huge potential to commentate on the consumerist nature of the region and the commercialization of Pokemon battling for the enjoyment of others.
It would put shit like needing a sponsor to even enter the league, Leon being the best trainer ever and using Charizard as his ace into a whole other perspective, as well as the Gigantamax mechanic as a metaphor for the whole thing, and it would have the potential to get some actually cool story beats out of it and a good sense of progression as your character slowly undermines the entire operation by climbing the ranks as a nobody and dismantling the public image of a bunch of conceited gym leaders one by one.
Of course this would probably mirror the actual state of Pokemon in the real world a little bit too much so I very much doubt they'd even think about taking it in that direction.
>>
>>50431518
my question is why is there consoomerist shit in PokeBritain
>>
>>50430059
>>50430092
Adventures is good
>>
>>50430127
Sounds like you only read a few chapters and decided to half-ass your shitty opinions with us, read until the end
>>
>>50431518
I can’t imagine being this bitter and jaded lmao
>>
File: trainercard.png (183 KB, 542x305)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>50431549
This stuff is already in the game, they just never actually address it in an interesting way.
Stadiums get filled out to watch these gym battles play out and gym leaders sell merch outside their stadium to fans and challengers alike.
There's a fairly big focus on you building up your own brand as you get more and more fans throughout the game and choose your own player number and make your custom trainer card for your own fans to buy and collect.
The foundation is all there for it to work already.
>>
>>50429893
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>50431605
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>50429835
Yes it is, dumbass.
>>
>>50431513
Infinite energy source doesn't mean pokemon can't supply whole cities just by itself tho, it wouldn't have enough power to supply everything by itself. You don't know a shit about Electronics and Power Electronics.
>>
File: bigcharizard.png (1.19 MB, 1200x675)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>50431605
How is it jaded at all? Is it really that much of a stretch to think it'd be interesting to explore the concept of fame in a region like Galar, where everything revolves around branding and being as showy as possible?
>>
>>50431653
I don't think Galar revolve around pokemon battles though
>>
So tell me again why they just can't switch to electrical power plants like other regions?
>>
>>50431613
Kind of gay, though. Doesn't capture the theme of the series and seems a little bit self-deprecating as to what trainers really are. I miss when Pokemon felt stuck in the 90s.
>>
>>50431653
>How is it jaded
You want Gen 8 to be a story where everyone involved in the challenge is a corrupt fraud. It just reeks of butthurt
>>
>>50431673
I think they specifically need galar particles because they need to power Dynamax, though that doesn;t forgive all the other issues with the story.
>>
>>50429920
He's a useful idiot.
>>
File: victor.png (751 KB, 1600x900)
751 KB
751 KB PNG
>>50431665
There's certainly a much bigger focus on it than in other regions, considering there's entire stadiums built for it and it's become a national sport rather than just a thing some trainers participate in to prove themselves.
Not to mention one of our first impressions of Leon being him getting swarmed by fans and everyone talking about how awesome and unbeatable he is, while in the older games barely anyone even addressed the League.
>>50431701
Well the idea was more that Galar in general had kind of lost their way and your character would be that one outsider who comes in and proves it's all bullshit and you just need a strong heart and a love for Pokemon in order to be a winner rather than a bunch of fancy uniforms and giant Pokemon.
>>
>>50431718
>we need to create an artificial shortage of energy so consoomers keep buying stadium tickets for our regional gimmick that will be gone by Scarlet/Violet
Yeah makes sense.
>>
>>50429766
I'm not saying the plot isn't dumb, but you're oversimplifiying it a lot. Rose's plan needs a strong champion, which can't be guarenteed in the future. He knows he has Leon now, so it's "safer" to do it. It's also implied that he and Leon have talked and Leon has delayed it multiple times in the past, stretching Rose's patience. Also, he's just crazy and wants to be known as the guy whose plan saved the region's energy, which does happen.
>>
>>50431518
Would've given Team Yell a real reason to exist too. Retool them from lol hooligans to a proper team of punks opposing the corporate hand over Galar and its commercialization of battling.
>>
>>50429766
Literally no different from real life environmentalists, except that Rose's concerns were implied to actually be serious and founded in reality albeit rushed to hell.
>>
>>50430204
Come on bro, It clearly has parallels to it
>>
File: Cursed.png (66 KB, 630x630)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>50430204
>>50432772
>>
Isn't there some backstory in the anime that makes it more understandable? I mean, it goes from completely retarded to based on his trauma, and while the games don't reference this they do mention a coal mine in his backstory in the game anyway.
>>
>>50431605
>If you're too creative you're jaded.
Is asking for one of the most profitable franchises of all time to put in half of an ass worth of effort really all it takes to make someone "jaded"?
>>
>>50432797
Do I have to post this every time?
>>
>>50432772
It really doesnt.
>>
>>50431788
Running out of power to run society = / = Environmentalism
>>
>>50431665
>I don't think Galar revolve around pokemon battles though
That’s where you’re wrong. From the beginning this was one of the main themes of Galar, and they even mention this in the art book.
>>
>>50431613
The fuck, I never noticed you could edit your card like that.
>>
>>50431665
Battling is the catalyst of Galar's economy and culture. Even if you see a whole lot of corporate shit, brand sponsorships and celebrities, they're all still held together by the fact those trainers need to be successful Pokemon Battlers to keep their fame, glory and fortune.
>>
>>50431494
I think the most ridiculous part is the fact that Rose quite literally organizes the tournament. Why the fuck did he fucking organize the big fucking battle of the tournament on the SAME FUCKING DAY he'd need the champion to help him, if he couldn't wait one more day?

It's nonsensical.
>>
File: file.png (340 KB, 726x409)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>50431788
>>50430031
Based trumpbro
>>
File: 1594686828799s.jpg (3 KB, 125x122)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>he purchased the swoshii base game, the expansions DLC, play through all of it, paid attention to the story and caugh them all
>>
File: pat.png (29 KB, 1151x775)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>50429893
That's literally the climate change and "eat the bugs, peasants!" billionaires
>>
File: nice meme.gif (1.84 MB, 400x225)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB GIF
Been thinking about this for a while and there's 2 easy things they could have changed to redeem the plot of SWSH:
>Focus more on the fact that Rose's father died in a coal mining accident
I think the anime does this, but it's sort of implied in-game when you talk to Oleana in the mines. It would give Rose a personal stake in finding a better sustainable energy source and why he's willing to take such big risks by summoning Eternatus, instead of just being some random business man who wants to open a hell portal because it would give a .3% increase to the quarterly profits.

>Make infrequent blackouts and the energy crisis actually come up in the plot
Just throw in little things every now and then to actually establish that it's a problem worth fixing, and not throw it at the players during the climax of the plot (and make the crisis deadline more reasonable, like 5 or 10 years to make Rose's urgency less retarded)

>The train to the wild area at the start of your journey is delayed
>NPCs occasionally bringing it up in dialogue, maybe have some protesting outside a stadium that Macro Cosmos should be doing something about the crisis instead of continuing to host big stadium tournaments
>Spikemuth is barely functioning because they don't have a power spot, so they're being hit hardest by the crisis. Neon lights keep flickering on and off, stadium lights keep cutting out during your battle, maybe their Pokemon Center isn't even working anymore because it was using too much power (all this would also fit with how run-down it's supposed to be)

You could probably also fix Leon by making him more of a Blue-tier obnoxious braggart that you're supposed to hate/overcome, cause I feel like that was the original intent behind his design before they backed out and instead made everyone in the region play along with his ego trip (he fucking walks around with a cape and a crown everywhere he goes, how did they not make that self-aware).
>>
>>50429766
Now if there was a Pokemon region based on China his concern would be valid
>>
>>50430078
>>50430089
I love unfinished plots that aren’t thought out. You’ve sold me on SWishySwoosHy
>>
>>50432844
>Pokemon are continually born
>some Pokemon are implied to be born evolved already
no, Pokemon has no lore. the pokedex is full of contradiction and so is every other piece of Pokemon media when you overanalyze it this way. why bother giving Pokemon lore anymore
>>
>>50431703
FIFA is well known for their corruption at this point lmfao.
>>
>>50433798
It sucks that a couple of retarded anons like you and I can come up with simple fixes to make the plot 100x better, without even putting much thought into it. I know this isn't actually the case, but you almost feel like they were deliberately trying to write the worst fucking story they could; which gets even worse because there was so much potential here.
>>
File: 1635431272669.png (505 KB, 795x530)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
>>50430089
>>50430165
Magnolia directly states in the postgame that the Eternatus incident ended up flooding the region with Dynamax energy. If you're going to insult a shitty plot at least get your fact straight about it or you end up looking stupider than it is
>>
>>50433879
so Rose succeeded and was actually the good guy then
huh
interesting
>>
The point of Rose is that he was born in a coal mining town and left promising to achieve glory in the Pokemon League. But ultimately, he failed in the finals and has been spending his entire life over-compensating for it. His "master plan" was to finally live out his fantasy of the Pokemon league crowd cheering his name. That's why he HAD to unleash Eternatus on that exact day, so he could announce that he saved Galar in front of that specific crowd.

That's the reason he looks at his Pokeball at the start of the match. Having to face the winner of the league in battle is giving him flashbacks to his loss. You can see his behavior change over the course of the battle. At the start he's obviously not taking it very seriously, but by the end he's fired up and enthusiastically shouting orders. Losing a second time put things back in perspective for him, so he finally gets over it.

The game does a horrible job spelling any of this out, which is why we keep getting "I don't understand why Rose didn't just wait until after the league" threads.
>>
>>50433766
>he didn’t catch ‘em all
MOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>50433879
>>50433885
So... why did Rose even turn himself in. from his perspective he did nothing wrong
>I think Galar is low on energy
>I think creating the Darkest Day to give Galar energy is a logical solution
>I am fully aware of the risks, because Leon told me, Sonia mentions it every 3 seconds, and as all of Galar says I am a genius
>Recreates the Darkest Day
>Galar gains energy
>OH NO! My plan to save Galar succeeded! I deserve to go to jail!
>>
>>50433879
>No one has played SWSH to the point that they can argue about it properly
kek
>>
>>50434177
Good read.
>>
>>50431494
Yeah that's pretty much it. Who fucking wrote this shit man? Not even Saturday morning cartoons are this retarded
>>
>>50429766
>literally causes the apocalypse to fix a problem that won't show up in the lifetime of his great-great-great grandchildren

Did he genuinely have autism?
>>
File: pokemon-laughing.gif (497 KB, 498x372)
497 KB
497 KB GIF
>>50429893
How did I forget about Raihan's face in that bottom panel?
>>
>>50430046
I haven't read the Unova arcs yet, but Adventures is really fast-forwarding through regions now to try and keep up with the games from what I've seen of XY onward. It's a shame, because the early arcs lingered in locations for a while and it was really nice.
>>
>>50429837
They could've easily pushed that same message if Rose just said the energy crisis would happen w/in a year, just out of reach enough for most people to tune it out but still a huge threat.
>>
>>50434393
His plan went wrong, Eternatus was supposed to get bodied by Leon so nobody would be in danger, everyone would have died if it wasn’t for those meddling kids and their dogs
>>
>>50431494
Does running out of power in a thousand years even COUNT as an energy crisis?
>>
>>50435606
I think it being so far away was kind of the point, to prove that galarians don't give a shit. They just want to watch sport.
>>
>>50435725
Except you don’t have to be sport-obsessed to not give a shit about something that MIGHT happen in 1000 years, especially if the person making that claim doesn’t give a single shred of evidence to support his claim.
Also, I just realized that I don’t remember Rose actually telling anyone other than Leon about the Energy crisis, so how can anyone care about a problem they don’t even know about?
>>
>>50431518
>Leon being the best trainer ever and using Charizard as his ace into a whole other perspective
Fuck, if only they had gone with the corrupt league route, imagine what they could do with that
>Leon's true ace is actually some unpopular shitmon that nobody cares about, even though he was able to legitimately win the Championship spot with it
>Upon becoming champion he's immediately forced to bench it in favor of a specially bred & trained Charizard because it's more marketable and popular
>Matches are constantly rigged in his favor, Raihan is the literal definition of a jobber, his only purpose in the Championship League is to lose to Leon to show how unbeatable he is
>More and more of Leon's team is swapped out in favor of mons he has no connection to whatsoever
>The game's plot involves thinking Team Yell/Piers are the bad guys at first but later teaming up with them to call Rose and the League out on it's shady BS
>When you battle Leon in his rematch you see that his true ace was actually [Insert random unpopular shitmon here] and it's actually really strong, and Leon is able to truly enjoy battling again
Instead we got fucking Rose shitting his pants over an issue that his grandchildren's grandchildren won't even be alive for
>>
>>50429893
>>
>>50432943
play the game faggot
>>
File: greta.jpg (203 KB, 1200x900)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>"LSITEN, LISTEN, GUYS LISTEN! THE WORLD IS GONNA END IN 100 YEARS FROM CLIMATE CHANGE! YOU HEAR ME!?! WE WILL NOT HAVE EARTH IN 100 YEARS FROM NOW! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! WE HAVE TO FIX THIS NOW! NOW NOW NOW! NOT IN YEAR! NOT IN A WEEK! NOT TOMORROW MORNING! NOT IN 25 MINUTES! WE NEED TO DO THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW!' EAT THE BUGS AND LIVE IN THE POD!

Considering SwSh was released in 2019, when this kind of thinking really reached its peak, it's obvious this is what Rose is parodying.
>>
>>50435786
> random anon literally writes up better story for SwSh than billion-dollar company
I fucking hate these dogshit games.
>>
>>50429766
prove him wrong you can't
>>
>>50429977
So it's really a Hitler story where everyone was just following orders?
>>
File: 1647376458892.jpg (650 KB, 2250x1250)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
>>50429766
>>50429893
In addition to "1000 YEARS" bullshit, the problem remains that the Pokemon world is just too utopian to ever have an extremist or ideologue character make sense. For example, Lysandre is a character whom I deeply enjoy, but no one thinks that his place in the story was well-done, and the writing surrounding him was awful (Sycamore not realizing that the guy who talks about killing the world may be a bad guy). Moreover, he dreads humanity eating itself when it has no food left on the plate, but, throughout your journey, random people constantly give you items and tools as gifts.
The same applies to Rose. The stability of Galar or rate of energy consumption is never brought up in any meaningful way, and any issues are handled off-screen by Leon and Sonia.
Rose, while not being fixed, is improved in the anime with the added backstory that his father died in a coal mine collapse when Rose was a child, propelling him to seek alternative sources of energy.
>>
>>50430216
Fossil fuels
>>
>>50437166
You can: wait one week.
>>
>>50437245
Ghetsis works perfectly fine, because he's a literal fucking child abuser psychopath.
>>
>>50435786
>Rematching Leon and getting absolutely raped by his level 90 Shell Smash/Power Trick/Smack Down/Earthquake Contrary Shuckle

Would have been 10/10 kino
>>
>>50437313
>Ghetsis works perfectly fine
Yes, that is largely because he and much of Team Plasma never believed in the "liberate Pokemon" ideal and instead wanted to be the only ones with Pokemon to take over the region. He was a manipulative bastard above all. Lusamine did a better job as the "abusive parent" archetype, though.
>>
>>50435786
I guarantee you the Corrupt League Route was in the original drafts, I genuinely can't think of a reason for you to raid Rose Tower in the first place if it WASN'T an attempt to find out the truth about the Galar League and how they've been mistreating Leon and the others.
It'd make Hop's "AAAIIIIIEEEEE, LEE-SAMA SAVE ME!!!" concerns and Oleana's Diet Lusamine freakout more sensible, too.
>>
>>50437251
>>50437112
>>50433793
>Climate Change allegory
You zoomers are too young to remember when running out of Fossil Fuels was the concern instead of the climate changing
>>
>>50429766
I saw Sword on sale for $35 in a local used tech store. Should I do it guys or just preorder Violet?
>>
>>50437486
I remember when the coastal cities would be completely submerged by 2010 tops
>>
>>50433793
Except climate change isn’t 1000 years away, it’s already started. It’s not too late to fix it, mind you, but it began years ago.
>>
>>50433876
Honestly I wonder if they think of these things but then the higher ups in marketing ask them to dial back to make it more widely palatable.
>we can’t have crisis, that’s too sad!
>we can’t have mean characters that aren’t the main bad guy, that’s too scary!
>we can’t explore deeper themes and lore in the world, that’s too complicated!
>>
>>50437613
bro have you seen louisiana
>>
>>50437554
Get it. I am about to take on the sixth gym in Sword and have generally been enjoying it. Just know that the routes in the game are absolutely awful, with wild encounters being entirely possible to avoid.
>>
>>50437112
If the entire world will die in 100 years, when do you expect the problem to be fixed? Year 99? The whole point on taking action now is that eventually it’ll be past the point of no return. Sure, it’ll take 100 years to kill us all, but if by year 25 it’ll be too late to prevent, then people will spend 75 years suffering. But if you fix shit before year 25, then people will live.
(This isn’t the literal timeframe for climate change, I’m just speaking in an easy-to-understand manner cause you clearly need to be talked to like a child in order to grasp this)

I know people here are retarded but holy shit don’t talk about things you don’t have any knowledge about. You only hate it because some random girl said something about it and
>woman
>>
>>50437613
It’s almost like science changes over time as we learn more
>>
THIS VOLCANO ERUPTION WILL DESTROY THE EAST COAST
>said volcano erupts
>nothing happens
actually I think this one was last year as well
>>
>>50437712
>point of no return
Theres no such thing. We always have a chance to make things better. Doomerism about "tipping points" and "points of no refurn" aren't supported by science and is worse than denying the problem altogether.
>>
>>50437747
There IS a point of no return, but we are far from it. There is still plenty of time (assuming emissions don’t drastically change anytime soon) to deal with the crisis. The issue is the global temperature rising, it’s currently at +1.1 C, and if it reaches 1.5-2 then it’s too late. I believe the absolute latest it’ll get to 1.5 is 2100, though some estimates say we’ll be at 2.8 by 2100, so who knows for sure.

Doomerism is bad, yes, but the concept of a “too late” point isn’t fictional. There’s only so much damage that can be done before it can’t be fixed. I don’t remember the exact details but there’s some underwater trenches that will start spewing immense amounts of gas and shit into the water and air if they are set off by climate change, and once they start we can’t stop them, and the amount of damage they will do will be unfixable. I don’t remember exactly and Google is no help

https://www.tomorrow.io/weather/blog/the-point-of-no-return-in-global-warming/
>>
>>50437834
I knew you'd try to link me some article (Wtf is "tomorrow.io"? Why not look at a scientific journal instead? Journalists deliberately hype things up for clicks and scientists have repeatedly spoken out about the problem with the language of "too late" and "point of no return") but I really don't have the energy to read your weird link, sorry.

I've done a lot of research on the dubject due to eco-anxiety and I've never heard of any "underwater doomsday trenches" but the clathrate gun hypothesis is unproven and reaching 1.5-2 is actually a good goal, not one that will set off "irreversible feedback loops" or whatever the hell. I'm sorry but whatever info you got is incorrect and there is no "too late" point. It's a continuous process and every .1 degree less is always a good thing. All your "too late" rhetoric does is cause people to throw their hands up and go "we won't fix it, we're fucked. It's over" and the problem continues. That's not even taking into account future carbon capture technologies and the like.

If you still want to believe there's a "too late point of no return" all the power to you, but I know better. Please be more aware of what sites you're looking at abd look at scientific journals instead of clickbait headlines.
>>
>>50437401
Ghetsis being a parent is barely part of his character, him raising N was just a means to an end, meanwhile Lusamine is entirely defined by her being a mother and a wife as that's the catalyst for her being a villain in the first place, of course she fills the role of an abusive parent better, Ghetsis isn't even 'competing' in that category which ironically also makes him a great abusive parent.
>>
>>50437652
This is very literally what happened to Lusamine.
SM was genuinely too real for the rest of the mass-marketed franchise to adapt once you looked past the Interdimensional Jellyfish aspect, so they had to completely butcher and gut her in future games and the anime.
>>
>>50437691
From what I've heard:
Plot: Eh.
Villain: Shit.
Legendaries: Dumb.
Feature DuJour: Dumb.
Gameplay: Eh.
DLC: Better but $30 extra.

How the fuck do you screw up routes and the new safari zone?
>>
>>50438900
The two things I will give Sword and Shield credit for are that it's easier than ever to catch 'em all, and how much easier it is to train up a team.
The game throws you way too much experience at you during a normal playthrough, but it's super quick to get a team to level 100, hyper trained, with max ev's. You can change natures now too.
>>
>>50438900
The plot itself is fine; it solely focuses on the Pokemon League and does a good job at that. It is the climax of the game that is so horrendous that it caused everyone to forget the strong points of the story; it is like Fallout 3 in this respect.
The gym leaders are the most fleshed-out in the series, the music is superb, the Wild Area is surprisingly fun, and customization is at least better than SM.
If I have a second major complaint, it would be the Pokedex itself. Dexcut aside, it is a boring Pokedex to look through. 2D dexes had a very unique UI to each of them and little aspects that made them feel fun, and the 3D dexes, while having far less of an identity, were organized into multiple sections and had a bit of personality. The Galar dex looks like a companion app from Google play, has no subsections or search functionality, and lacks any sort of features besides entries, locations, cries and models.
>>
>>50429766
The story could have easily been fixed with just a few tweaks.
>The energy will run out in a hundred years, as opposed to a thousand, so the issue seems more urgent
>Rose’s main goal is to be famous and remembered for all of history, instead of primarily focusing on the conservation of energy, so he seems more self centered and antagonizing
>Two-Three more scenes throughout the game where Rose accidentally reveals his hunger for more attention and praise, making his awakening of eternatus more impactful
>Rose’s Dialogue with Leon is changed to show that he thinks of Leon as more as a pawn, rather than a friend/colleague

I think these couple of things could of easily made the story more bearable and rememberable than what we got.
>>
>>50437243
What are you talking about? Hitler did nothing wrong and the German people loved him.
>>
>>50440161
This is dumb
>>
>>50437245
Lysandre was based to the core. Giving the best members of society immortality while eliminating the obstacle of pokemon. Allowing humans to advance and grow society without having to deal with superpowered monsters running amock. His vision would help humanity in the long term by allowing the best and brightest members of humanity oversee it's development. Thanks to immortality they'd be able to see the fruits of their labor in real time.
>>
File: 1652453695818.jpg (59 KB, 720x960)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>50429792
LMAO
>>
>>50437712
>If the entire world will die in 100 years, when do you expect the problem to be fixed?
Apparently Rose has a fix that would be instantaneous. So yes, waiting a day or two to fix a problem happening 1000 years from now would've been just fine.
>>
>>50431782
somebody gets it!
>>
>>50434177
genius anon
>>
>>50440230
gee sounds a lot like the wef
>>
>>50440247
Not to mention, it's a plan that can easily go sideways without the right help. If there was a solution like this for climate change, I'd want the people implementing it to wait till they can make sure it doesn't END OUR SPECIES.
>>
>>50437734
No its just fear mongering anon.
>>
>>50434177
> Rose is just an obsessed schizo overcompensating for that ONE time in the past where he failed to live out some fantasy
> in his attempt to do so, he sacrifices a reputation that wasn't too far off from what he wanted
> his plan to saved Galar worked out, but he'll just be remembered as that one maniac who sperged out and almost destroyed the region
kek
>>
>energy crisis plot
>Devon corp literally invented infinite energy and it was a massive plot point like 2 games before swsh
>>
>>50429863
Isn't the whole Kanto region powered up by a bunch of Electrodes?
>>
>>50442540
swsh is not in the mega universe
>>
>>50429766
This is why you retards can't make an empire last more than 200 years
>>
>>50440247
I was talking about real life, not the game. If Rose had an instant solution that’s cool but in real life we don’t so we can’t wait 999 years like he can
>>
>>50430127
They been doing it since BW2.
>>
>>50432837
You gotta understand that Pokefags will defend this franchise with their dying breath.
If it came down to sacrificing their family just so they could play the newest Pokemon a few weeks earlier, they'd do it without hesitation.
>>
>>50434177
sounds like cope to me
>>
>>50429766
THE SUN IS GONNA EXPLODE IN 4 BILLION YEARS BRO IT DOESN'T MATTER
>>
>>50437366
How about Maractus endured the hit so Leon wouldn’t worry!
>>
>>50440230
>best and brightest

Did you read literally ANY of the dialogue boxes of literally ANY Team Flare member?
>>
>>50447522
>postgame boss has a complete shitmon who's programmed to automatically spam Pokemon-Amie hax nonstop until you've managed to attack it enough times to tire it out
That actually would have been cool for a postgame Az fight with Floette.
>>
File: 556_Maractus_Shiny.png (170 KB, 365x480)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>50447522
>Maractus toughed it out so Leon wouldn't feel sad!
>Maractus avoided the move in time with Leon's shout!
>Maractus healed its burn with its sheer determination so Leon wouldn't worry!
>Maractus managed to expel the poison so Leon wouldn't worry!
>Maractus shook itself awake so Leon wouldn't worry!
>Maractus melted the ice with its fiery determination so Leon wouldn't worry!
>Maractus gathered all its energy to break through its paralysis so Leon wouldn't worry!
>Maractus landed a critical hit, wishing to be praised by Leon!
And for some other potential shenanigans:
>Leon and Maractus are in perfect sync: All Maractus's stats rose! (Kinda like the Totem Pokémon)
>Leon and Maractus saw your move coming and struck first!(priority attack)
>>
>>50431651
Heliolisk's pokedex entry says it can power a city on its own.
>>
>>50429766
I mean he succeeded at the end, he doesn't care about going to prison after that. He saved and secured Galar's future and her children not being energyless later on for another million years.
>>
>>50429893
KEK
>>
>>50447522
Fucking genius, use an almost universally hated game mechanic for something based

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.