[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What is it about Sinnoh that fans love so much?
>>
>>48837751
It's Zoomer's first pokemon game.
>>
Nobody loves Shitnoh. It's by far the worst region.
>>
>>48837751
it’s a good region unlike all of the nugen shitholes that came afterward.
>>
>>48837754
>t. genwarring Unovabort
>>
>>48837754
keep
saying
it
>>
>>48837751
>huge open region with a few optional routes and places to revisit later on
>first time they went ham with lore building, even more than Johto/Hoenn making the region feel mysterious and deep
>first time they introduced genuinely interesting characters like Cynthia, Looker, Cyrus
>outclassed Hoenn with the whole apocalypse thing and making the stakes feel even greater
>one of the more challening mainline games, especially Platinum which left a lasting impression
>nostalgia

Not even a Sinnohfag but it's easy to see why Gen 4 left such an impression on the fanbase.
>>
>>48837760
nonsense. DSBros have each other's backs.
>>
>>48837827
DSbros, together, strong!
>>
>>48837751
>good dex with great additions like Luxray, Garchomp, Toxicroak, Honchcrow, Gallade, Togekiss, Gliscor, Weavile, Floatzel, Purugly, the creation trio, etc.
>Cynthia
>best designed region thanks to Mt.Coronet's interconnectivity, giving the game an almost Zelda-like approach to level design
>best music, jazzy beats that sadly received no damn representation in the remakes
>best atmosphere, very melancholy and pessimistic which coincidentally falls in line with Cyrus's outlook
>>
>>48837872
>>good dex
Stopped reading there lmao
>>
>>48837827
>>48837856
Then why do Unovaschizos always attack Sinnoh?
>>
>>48837953
go back to your tranny rabbit, galarcuck
>>
It’s the comfiest region and the character & pokemon designs are top notch. Also I started with gen 1, so it’s not because I grew up with it.
>>
>>48837979
started with gen 2. gen 4 isn’t my favorite but something about it just feels like home.
>>
>>48837979
>>48838004
It's because it's just a Kanto circlejerk game you retards
>>
>>48838015
hm?
>>
>>48838015
meds
>>
>>48837751
>What is it about Sinnoh that fans love so much?
You posted it
>>
>>48837751
The Pokemon themselves, the region, the music, and the fart pictures of your pic related and other gassy Pokegirls
>>
>>48838048
You take your meds genwunner
>>
>>48838062
we could have a civilized conversation if you would like? not the guy you relied to but genuinely curious why you think it sucks off Gen 1?
>>
>>48838015
Every pokemon game is a kanto circle jerk
>>
>>48837751
It's the last great one
>>
>>48837751
Last region to be set in Japan
>>
>>48837751
Everything.
BDSP fixed the few flaws the originals had (slow speed, too many HMs, not enough fire types, etc.)
>>
File: hoenn.png (10 KB, 306x221)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Just the right amount of water
>>
>>48837753
Hey Bob your mom called. She says you're too old to not be cleaning your room
>>
>>48837751
The lore.
The waifus.
The last time we had a region that wasn't a circle or straight line.
>>
>>48837810
>>48837751
Adding to this
>contemplative atmosphere, added by a melancholic, sometimes jazzy soundtrack
>rugged, mountainous geography
>enjoyable dex, especially the new evolutions for old Pokemon
>there is some element of personal nostalgia, but even separating from that, there's a lot that's good, despite objective flaws
I'll always be a Hoennfag but Sinnoh also has a special place in my heart.
A genuine fucking shame what happened with the remakes
>>
>>48838672
>A genuine fucking shame what happened with the remakes
Oh give me a break, BDSP are literally 1:1 remakes of DP story/region/character-wise but with some better QoL features, graphical enhancements, and new places to explore. Stop dooming.
>>
>>48838741
>overabundance of EXP from various sources that serves to overlevel the party, and can't be turned off. Requires frustrating workarounds or outright missing to fix
This is the biggest problem, as it's a constant distraction
>massive technical issues that range from sfx, graphical, and text box errors to accidentally softlocking the game
>couldn't even program a functioning calculator

Enjoy the game as much as you want, but I'm not going to ignore objective problems. It's not doomposting to want one of your favorite game series to improve
>>
>>48838850
Oh and not to mention
>TMs are back to being consumable
>no Pokemon past gen 4, even Sylveon
>one-button Poketech
1 step forward, 2 steps back
>>
>>48838885
just duplicate
>>
>>48837753
I've played since the first gen came out tho.
>>
>>48837959
It's just bait to incite a genwar against Unova.
>>
>>48837751
>first mainline games for the DS
>the region has a "comfy" atmosphere, with a more rural feeling, piano music and snowy areas
>the mythology is about cosmic deities so lorefags and powerlevelfags go crazy about it
>had a good anime series
>for the coomers, it had a more "japanese-looking" female player character and the first (and so far more relevant and strongest) female Champion
I think those are some of the reasons
>>
>>48837751
>Dawn
>Cynthia
>Lucario
>Piplup
>Rotom?
>>
>>48837751
My first region
>>
>>48837751
Zoomers first Pokémon game
>>
>>48837751
Lore and atmosphere.
>>
>>48837760
Fuck you I'm a Johtofag, and I stand by what he said.
>>
>>48837769
>Japan having shit-tastes
in other news water is wet
>>
>>48839612
This. The true culprits are Kalosperms masking as Johtoddlers.
>>
>>48840613
This. The game sucks in terms of pacing and mon selection but god damn the aesthetic is so good. It's the only game for me that feels a bit darker and weird and I wish that's what the remakes expanded on
>>
>>48837751
Not even gonna lie, I love Hoenn and Sinnoh because they were the gens I grew up with
>>
>>48837751
>Region geography is varied in a realistic way
>routes are more exploration based with many side areas
>starters are dualtype and perfectly counter eachother in both directions
>champion plays a role in the story instead of being a puppet standing in elite 4 castle
>background lore for the entire world and creation myth
>tons of endgame content
>>
>>48837751
Nothing, they have false memories of it being good
>>
>>48837751
There are 3 reasons
1 It was the first generation where physical and special moves made sense and people could figure out how to play the game right.
People used to have no idea why their elemental punch attacks were doing so little damage especially against pokemon that are supposed to have poor defense, and why their high special attack grass/poison types were dealing so little damage with Sludge Bomb etc.
2 The anime made everybody think they were so smart for either dunking on competitive players (for when Paul lost) or dunking on casuals (for when Ash lost)
3 le epic pokeymanz GOD, and also blonde biddie as the champion.
>>
In my opinion, it's primarily a matter of nostalgia, but *not* in the form of "Oh, people grew up with it!" Rather, it's that Pokemon, as a franchise, fragmented especially hard with Black and White, where gens 1-4 all "built up" game design from the original framework of Red and Blue, then gen 5 threw quite a chunk of that design in the trash to be near-totally its own game, and gen 6 solidified a new direction.

It's not so simple as "Oh, they started kiddifying everything after gen 4", it's that they'd actually been drifting away since gen 3 but held on to enough "legacy code", as it were, to stay very clearly the same franchise. But then Black and White happened. Then Game Freak made a clear break between "old" generations and "new", with a region that was *obviously* a straight-up reboot.

Plenty of people who grew up with gens 1-3 love gen 4 because it contains the culmination of the franchise as they knew it. The entire reason the Pokemon community so frequently comes to genwars is because Game Freak *does not actually make the games as a coherent franchise*. Little about the design process ever asks "Does this gel with the previous titles?". It's "Does this, in isolation, look like a coherent game?"

That's why one can so easily identify Pokemon by generation, even as a detached observer. Because each generation has a different artstyle. Until BW, this was a mild iterative thing. But BW was designed with an *entire* new Pokedex, a region that worked with *no* old Pokemon. And in doing that, they put this habit on their sleeves. They *asked* people to compare Black and White with Red and Blue, and it was obvious they were not the same thing.

TL;DR, Game Freak never actually gave a fuck about franchise consistency over the years, and gen 5 is where the facade of this finally broke.
>>
>>48837760
I'm a Unova lover and sinnoh isn't my pick for the worst region. Johto unfortunately is, gen 2 had amazing games but the region itself was overwhelmed by Kanto mongering. It takes 3 gyms before one of the leaders actually uses a Johto pokemon, and then another 3 for the next, and then just 1 johto pokemon each for the last two. And then Johto's "champion" is just the 4th elite 4 member from the last games, a significant downgrade, and he doesn't even use a Tyranitar.
>>
>>48841472
Put another way (I hit the character limit), it's that Sinnoh is loved by fans of the *franchise* because it's basically the stopping point for people who want it to be one thing. Vanishingly few people ever say the "last high" wasn't gen 4, for all the flamewars of whether Crystal, HGSS, or Platinum was the "peak".

Which is false from a raw game design standpoint, there's genuine improvements being made for the *actual target audience* of people who just play through rather than examine the entrails of the system and push it to the breaking point. The post-game is a bonus, not at all the goal, that's why it's so hit or miss.

Game Freak's slowly but surely smoothed out progression curves, purged placeholder abilities, reduced raw filler shitmon additions, in so many ways they've been getting better but *we aren't giving a damn about those ways* because we quite simply care about things Game Freak isn't designing for.
>>
>>48837810
Yeah, Cynthia, Cyrus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Rowan do all stand out a bit more than their Gen 3 counterparts for some reason. With the exception of like, Norman, Steven, Wattson and maybe Wally?
>>
>>48837872
>>best music, jazzy beats that sadly received no damn representation in the remakes
seriously?
>>
>>48841546
just to clarify, I agree, my seriously was wondering about the remakes
>>
>>48841523
*don't care. Thing is that we DON'T care about Game Freak's design focus. We want a static artstyle, they just want to be interesting. We want difficulty, they're targeting a "rolling demographic" of a static age group so it's always about the kids. We want options, they want to ship the experience they make.

In the shortest of terms, Game Freak doesn't care about long-term fans, they care about being close-enough for casuals to buy the new titles for their kids.
>>
>>48841472
Agreed. well worded.
>>
>>48841570
>>48841523
I agree with a lot of what you said, but BW was made with older players in mind to prevent them from "graduating" from Pokemon, and I don't know how to reconcile that with all of these general truths in your posts. I really do think you're right though.
>>
>>48841574
When I was a kid, I disliked DPPt for it, but looking back on it with my present state of mind, I feel like it was for the best. I prefer Cyrus' clear cut goal of destroying the world over Maxie and Archie's respective goals, and I don't really care about how statue-like the legendaries look anymore, because it's not like Kyogre looks that good either. Groudon and Rayquaza are nice though, but Rayquaza is only the focus in Emerald and I don't think Ruby's plot incorporates (or maybe expresses is the right word) the whole terrible weather thing as well as Sapphire's.
>>
>>48841574
I disagree with that point. D/P's timewarp shit only happens for a second before you fight Cyrus. In RSE you actually see how some parts of the region are effected and people lock themselves indoors.
>>
>>48837872
>>best designed region thanks to Mt.Coronet's interconnectivity, giving the game an almost Zelda-like approach to level design
Hurr grug love caves durrr
>>
>>48837751
Nobody cares about forgettablenoh. People only like the region for Dawn, Cynthia, and Pipluperino.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.