[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Pokemon_Clover.png (541 KB, 1022x594)
541 KB
541 KB PNG
>ctrl+f
>no romhack threads

Well let's change that. What romhack you playing bros? What romhacks would you recommend? What romhacks are shit, what are based? Let's talk about romhacks.
>>
File: 1603193641521.jpg (59 KB, 1024x581)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>tfw radical red's stat changes are utter fucking aids
>>
What's the best BW rom hack? Preferably with pokemon up til Gen 7
>>
Just started Renegade Platinum a little while ago, and holy shit Roark's Cranidos having a gorillion coverage moves. And then holy fuck those twins with Plusle and Minun because I didn't have any ground type with me.
>>
>>48827068
There aint much in the ds department yet unfortunately. Your best bet is one of drayano's hacks
>>
>>48826974
BDSP romhack when?
>>
>>48827087
I think Renegade Platinum has just the right balance of difficulty out of Drayano's hacks.
>>
>there will never be a romhack with as much customization and variety as Infinite Fusion
>IF is currently a mess and randomizer isn't in the most recent build, while previous builds are broken to hell
I just want a hack or fangame that has good customizability and randomization. Something with the open-ness of Pokemon Crystal Clear would also be nice.
>>
I want to play a ROM Hack, something difficulty but ignores EV/IV training. Anything like that out there?
>>
>>48826974
Shinygold
Shinygold
>>
>>48827644
Pretty much anything from Drayano will fit that bill

>Blaze Black/Volt White + 2
>Renegade Platinum
>Sacred Gold
>>
>>48826974
I've been playing moemon, but that's only because I'm trying to hype myself back to Clover.
Not being a common math pokegamer makes me angry when other mons are morr stronger, yet we are on the same level range.
I managed to overlevel my starter, but that was after insane grinding (mainly because I was swap training. I feel all I knew about weaknesses and what hurts you and what not has been thrown out the window).
>>
are there any rom hacks that add quality of life like bdsp while maintaining the requirement of at least some level of battle strategy? i hate grinding, and drawn out games like the original d/p these days but you just accidentally overlevel in bdsp until it doesnt matter what pokemon you use or even what moves you use
>>
>>48826974
1.4 when?
>>
Fuck yeah based thread.
I'm looking for good GBC or GBA hacks. I've already played lots of them and I think I might be running out of worthwhile options. Listed they are:
Clover
Brown
Prism
Chapter Red
Light Platinum
Glazed
Gaia
Unbound
More I can't remember right now
I really like Gen 2 & 3 hacks. Maybe one day I'll try the DS hacks. I just enjoy casually playing on my phone.
>>
>>48826974
Where does one get started with ASM for rom hacking?
>>
>>48828470
Crystal clear is the only other good gbc hack, theres a mod that makes the black characters white again lol
>>
Any one play sweet 2th?
thoughts?
>>
>>48828470
>I'm looking for good GBC
Polished Crystal
BW3 genesis
Orange
>>
File: Pokemon Unbound.png (514 KB, 1212x2304)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
I've never played a hack with a while new region. Which of these did you like or dislike, and why? I'm not interested in autism level difficulty.

Pokémon Altair
Pokemon Flora Sky
Pokémon Gaia
Pokémon Giratina Strikes Back
Pokémon Glazed
Pokémon Order Chaos
Pokémon Sienna
Pokemon Sovereign of the Skies
Pokémon Unbound
Pokémon Vega Minus
>>
>>48829222
>Gaia
Good, but very vanilla
>Glazed
Very good.
>Sienna
Average
>Unbound
Very good. Cringe plot but huge region with a lot of optional stuff.
>Vega Minus
Good, but the region is kinda bland
>>
>>48829195
It's shit
>bugs in code galore
>at least two softlocks
>Branching paths that don't scale, meaning you have to fight lower levels for most of the game when you get access to the other paths
>most of the sprites don't even have backs
>pokemon are simply coded over others, meaning some of them don't have their movesets replaced (A sprite of a candy infernape probably has the moveset of qwilfish)
>this also applies to TM compatability btw
>probably more shit I can't be bothered to remember
If you really wanted to play it then just play the first one, it's not incredible but it's a far cry from the dogshit sequel
>>
Any new DS hacks? Last I played was blaze black 2.
>>
>>48829475
no
>>
I've never played a romhack before. Can I get some reccs on the big/best ones.

Nothing with fakemon please
>>
>>48829492
hey my bad i didnt see that this question was kind of asked literally 2 posts up
>>
>>48829492
Clover
>>
>>48829492
Clover
>>
>>48829492
Clover
>>
>>48829492
Clover

Also does anyone have news about Clover's devs ? Will they finish Polony one day ? Will NG+ allow your team to obey you ? I wanted to skip Brock but i can't due to my team going apeshit
>>
>>48829492
alright since everyone else is trolling you
Gaia
Prism has like 1 fakemon IIRC
>>
>>48829186
Get back at me whenever I can remove the self inserts.
>>
>>48829211
Nice get and thank you. Think I have Polished Crystal it was good.
>>
>>48829211
BW3 looks promising but I prefer to wait until they are finished or mostly finished. Any other complete ones?
>>
What are some cool gba romhacks. Im gonna be far from my pc a few days and only have a shitty laptot, so something thats not too long or grind heavy (Unbound or Clover for example) also i have played most of the well known hacks as well. Is there something good for me?
>>
File: tlfrchamp.png (209 KB, 772x516)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
Just finished The Last FireRed, pretty cool hack overall, the only time I grinded was between Koga and Sabrina's gym where I briefly grinded a Darkai a few levels up

Hardest battles were against Agatha and Green
>>
>>48829553
Clover is finished, they aren't working on it anymore
>>
>>48826974
Playing Pokémon Unbound after trying out the travesty that is Sors. I think Unbound is pretty good, got myself a team of my favorites and I don't even have four gym badges yet.
>>
>>48829511
>>48829514
>>48829523
>>48829553
correct answers but
1.4 when?
>>48830112
>Clover is finished, they aren't working on it anymore
Factually wrong, still working on 1.4
>>
>>48830130
What makes it bad? Saw a YTber shilling it in my recommended.
>>
File: Clover team.png (343 KB, 1191x793)
343 KB
343 KB PNG
>>48826974
Playing Clover for the first time, what's my team like bros? Any recommendations on changes to the team? Just cleared the first Karma Hideout section.
>>
>>48830218
Everyone always says this but you'll probably want to change after the first half of the game. Team may take you places though. I managed to beat the game with a bunch of Tanks and Kuklan too.
>>
In the threads about Volkner and Flint's teams there was somebody that would post a pic of the team of like an end boss of some romhack. I'm trying to find out what romhack it was, I didn't save the pic, but it was a female trainer who had an all steel team in the 80s or 90s, all the pokemon were nicknamed (Bodyguard was one of the names), and they had cheated evs. Anybody know what i'm talking about and maybe saved the pic? It's killing me
>>
>>48830130
Sors? That the name or area you abbreviating?
>>
>>48830582
sors is the name of a hack. it's bad
>>
>>48829321
How up to date was your version? There was an update this year
>>
>>48827003
>le reddit fighting/bug ledian with iron fist
>no vikavolt buffs
"improvement" hack, they say
>>
>>48829492
>nothing with fakemon
unironically those ones are the best ones
>>
>>48826974
Any romhacks with following pokemon? I just finished following platinum and was surprised by how much I enjoyed having my mons follow me around.
>>
Any info on what Polished Crystal is all about? Cant really find anything on it
>>
>>48826974
I'm playing Gaia at the moment, the only other ROM hack I played in my life was ShinyGold before HGSS was announced. I'm currently enjoying it quite a lot, I like the rooms that some Pokemon have like Clefairy, Venomoth and Maractus and the overall availability. The new sprites, story and map are quite decent too
I don't know if it's an issue with my 3DS injected CIA but the game softlocked when I was trying to catch a Pokemon in one of the rooms. What happened was I gave a nickname to it, then the Evolution music stopped and after that when I left the room, the game was stuck on a black screen. Luckily I saved just before and was able to proceed without losing any progress. Also the menu sprites sometimes have funny palettes, but that's really minor and again could just be because of the 3DS
>>
File: Mexican fuck.png (198 KB, 1189x788)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>48826974
I can't beat him. Thought I could get away with spamming X items only to learn you're limited to 4 items. What do?
>>
>>48826974
Anyone have a link to romhack tools?
>>
anyone play Pokemon R.O.W.E.? it looks interesting, but i dunno if its finished or good
>>
Are there any DS games that have character customization?
>>
File: 1620929080140.png (599 KB, 1172x365)
599 KB
599 KB PNG
>rr randomizer gives you fully evolved pokemon
meh
>>
>>48826974
I just finished playing Rocket Red, despite what that romhacker NPC tells you in the Celadon building there was 0 difference doing a normal playthrough and one where you don't steal any pokemon. Everyone still treats you the same and all that your bounty affects is your prison sentence going from 1 year if you don't have a bounty up to 43 years or more and it doesn't even matter because when you load the save file after the credits Shigeki bails you out of jail and takes your money you don't even need anymore if you had a bounty

I do hope it gets more of a post game besides just being able to catch Mewtwo and the legendary birds in the future or a sequel that cliffhanger hinted at.
>>
>>48831723
Strategize harder, look at your team and question what you might be missing or doing wrong, go thief farm shrooms for move relearner and check what you have access to right now
>>
>>48831723
Post your team

>>48830218
Remember items are preserved in important trainer battles, so going full itemless can be beneficial. Your team seems fine to me, no glaring single weaknesses. Post abilities and moves?
>>
>>48830713
It's nearly the perfect gen2 experience. Not sure why it doesn't get talked about more.
>gen 1-2 pokemon with new gen mechanics including physical/special split, abilites fairy type, etc
>more difficult trainers
>rebalanced pokemon types from sacred gold/storm silver
>evolutions and babymons of gen 1-2 mons from later gens, i.e. sylveon
>actual pokemon storage boxs like in later gens
>removes censorship added in American version
>backports stuff from Heart Gold and Soul Silver
>map details from spaceworld leak
>removed Kanto map details restored
>trade compatible with work in progress gen3 demake (Ancient Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) and gen1 remake in gen2 style (Red++).
>>
>>48826974
pokemon wilds is the best thing that has happened to the franchise
>>
>>48826974
These threads were overrun by retarded Clover shills and autists, and no one was discussing jack shit.
>>48835810
This, and it's a shame that not enough people are talking about it.
>>
>>48832630
Yeah, read the thread you fucking fag.
>>48834663
Id rather play crystal advance
>>
File: 318Maripyro.png (26 KB, 630x630)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>48830163
>1.4
the site only has 1.2 tho? is 1.3 being skipped?
>>
>>48836234
It's a meme. 1.3 is not out and never will be
>>
>>48827003
What changes did they make?
>>
>>48827003
Worst part is you'll use a mon you've never used before thinking they are the shit when in fact they're way different in reality. Radical Red I go back to occasionally but it's so tedious so I usually never make it further than the next gym leader. Even with perfect stats on and no IVs.
>>
>>48827087

Hello me, i just beat roark last night. Had Beldum, Prinplup and Makuhita and still struggled.
Mars followed to wipe me twice as well.
>>
Why does Clover have a better soundtrack than the official games?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_L6Oo1xt-0
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTizqgk2xbs
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-r9saCXN70
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJql3NyHlvg
Actually sounds like pokemon, good variety of style and themes

vs

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFGrwrEWY8
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcV6xVukj60
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9qzH58HtHM
Sounds like they asked a bunch of school kids to make a generic techno mix, everything sounds exactly the same
>>
>>48826974
I'm currently going through Vega, but it's on hold right now for reasons, including but not limited to the Animal Crossing update, BDSP being bad, and just complete laziness.
>>
How is that Red Adventure Chapters romhack? Has anyone tried it?
>>
>>48837245
I only briefly remember hearing about that some while ago. Did they ever complete it? Adventures is a pretty good manga and that being recreated in romhack form sounded interesting.
>>
File: rowe.png (198 KB, 777x520)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>48832630
I just got my second badge (pic related is my team) and is pretty cool so far, it really is an open world Emerald and you can start on any town you want and beat the gyms in any order you want
>>
>>48837521
So Crystal Clear minus the cringe dev self inserts? Please tell me there's no self inserts Anon, I'm interested in trying this.
>>
>>48832630
It has minimal grinding mode, so it's worth checking out, but I'm not a fan of open world
>>
>>48837589
yeah it does not have any self insert or any kind of OCs, there is a big update incoming with following pokemon coming in december too
>>
>>48837718
>it does not have any self insert or any kind of OCs
Based
>there is a big update incoming with following pokemon coming in december too
Sick, I'll wait for that update to drop and try it out cheers Anon.
>>
>>48836234
>is 1.3 being skipped?
no
>>48836256
it's not a meme, my wife boyfriend already played
>1.3 is not out and never will be
factuall wrong
>>
Anyone has a good romhack with every mons?
3/4/5g romhacks but just with all the generations
>>
>>48827644
Radical Red on Minimal Grinding Mode
>>
>>48837957
What is minimal grinding mode? How does it work?
>>
File: Pokemon Wilds.png (392 KB, 1908x1043)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
>>48826974
wasn't there a pastebin or something keeping track of all the decent hacks?
>>
>>48838100
ayo im retarded
>>48834404
>>
>>48838097
Alternate game mode you activate at the start, makes all EV gains 0 and removes EVs from enemy mons plus sets every IV in the game to 31
>>
File: 1622088842915.png (78 KB, 1920x1047)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>48835810
It's too "janky" atm, but it does have a lot of potential.
>>
>>48838141
So how does it minimize the grind? I thought it tweaks level curves, not EVs.
>>
File: 1626324343649.png (1.14 MB, 1440x960)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>48837931
radical red
>>
File: 1618029596755.png (1.76 MB, 1440x960)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB PNG
>>48838273
No EVs, all IVs set to 31 and xp gain is limited to 1 at a certain level until you beat the next gym leader (I think).
Full party xp share makes things smoother, but it can be turned off.
>>
File: 1629521384543.png (1.88 MB, 1440x960)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>48838366
Also, idk if it was because of the emulator I was using, but the game got corrupted on a random encounter with a voltorb so I had to load a previous save state and lost some progress. Make sure you have multiple save states and a standard save just in case.
>>
>>48838366
Ah, full party exp share. Now I get it. Sounds fun, kinda like leveling in Persona games, I should try it.
>>
>>48837197
sesquatch's theme and stump's theme are masterful mimics of the GBA games' MIDI style, it's really fucking astounding
>>
>>48826974
How long until we get BDSP romhacks?
I remember hearing that the games were based on Unity so modding was gonna be incredibly easy.
>>
>>48838794
Be the change you want to see.
>>
>>48838800
Thank you for the motivation double dubs but unfortunately I have no idea how to do any of that shit
>>
>>48838822
Time to learn.
>>
>>48838822
Neither did the people who made BDSP and that didn't stop them.
>>
>>48838794
Who knows? Romhacks are free fan projects after all.
>>
>>48838560
Yes, do you have to do no farming for ideal stats. Then PCs let you change natures for 7500, you can get ability capsules to change abilities and certain mons carry bottle caps you can use to get hidden abilities. Pelipper carries lucky eggs for even easier exp gain and audino is scattered across the game and with dexnav you can easily catch up to level.
All in all it makes it very easy to not only keep your team even but to add new mons very quickly with ideal stats and get them level fast too. I've got maybe 20 hours in the game and I have 30+ mons (nearly six full teams) built and ready to go all at level or very near the level cap. It makes team building very fun and it works out because there will be roadblocks in the game that likely have you rearranging your team to pass. It can admittedly seem unfair at some times but if you think about it as solving a puzzle it makes it funner. There's also a pastebin with info on all the trainers so if you really get stuck you can look up everything about them and plan your team accordingly
>>
>>48838560
It's pretty good. You can tinker with tons of options.
Also: https://dex.radicalred.net/pokemon/
>>
How's radical red if you use the no grinding mode?
>>
>>48838961
These are the options you can set when you start the game and there is even a randomizer:

>Hardest to Easiest
>Hardcore Mode goes without saying this is the hardest mode; there is some consideration made for the player (hence the presence of Min Grinding Mode) but it's filled with a lot of unfair obstacles and silly team compositions. I wouldn't advise nuzlocking this at the moment (i would presume it'd be quite difficult even with knowledge of the boss teams) but I know that won't stop some of you lol

>Restrict Mode prevents you from using a lot of the broken team compositions/set-up cheese, so it's a bit harder than normal RR without the Hardcore ridiculousness

>Restrict Mode + Min Grinding much less grindy than the above option while also making the early game-mid game much easier. Probably the preferable option if you're streaming a nuzlocke.

>Normal RR a little grindy but it's what I originally envisioned :) and you can use a lot of the broken Pokemon to its full potential, so that's always fun

>Min Grinding Mode If you just want to play RR without the grind but still keep a bit of the challenge, then this is it. Another option if you're streaming a nuzlocke but don't like the restrictions of Restricted Mode. Game is overall slightly easier than normal RR since you're on a much more even playing field.

>Easy Mode This is actually potentially easier than Easy Mode + Min Grinding Mode since you can use EVs to your advantage (as Boss pokemon won't have them), although the early game is slightly more difficult & most people playing this game mode won't bother with optimizing EVs. I will stress Easy Mode is still more difficult than vanilla games and your traditional ROM hack.

>Easy Mode + Min Grinding Mode Pretty much allows you to play Min Grinding Mode while also being able to use items and Switch Mode. The early game is also a lot easier here as opposed to normal Easy Mode

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=437688
>>
>>48839112
I got to vermillion and I'm having fun. No need to worry about EVs or IVs so I can focus on just figuring out a proper team whenever I lost a battle or simply "catching 'em all".
Nature and abilities are still random, but there are items to change them.
>>
>>48839112
sounds ok but catering to streamers is gay
>>
>>48829492
>the big/best ones
>Nothing with fakemon
Pick one
>>
>>48839180
Fakemon are fucking gay, anything with them is cringe by default.
>>
>>48839205
The only romhack that did fakemon right imo is Clover. Nice blend of cool and cutemons but even the shitpost designs are endearing and grow on you.
>>
>>48839220
>stealing designs
>cringy, unfunny and outdated forced memes
>good
hard pass
>>
>>48839220
Vega Minus is better than modern gamefreak.
>>
>>48839151
I wouldn't call it catering to streamers. It just happens to be less grindy which obviously makes it a better viewing experience. The "rules" are the same for streamers, casual and hardcore players anyway.
>>
>>48839112
Can you beat the elite 4?
>>
>>48839353
Yes. Only thing left is a proper postgame (there's a lot of optional bosses already, but they can all be fought pre E4) which should be added as of next update
>>
best hoenn hack?
>>
>>48839353
yep
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=437688#:~:text=Show-,Hall%20of%20Fame,-Version%202
>>
where can I download the squirrels FR rom
>>
>>48839402
Radical Red
>>
>>48839560
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=1636+Pokemon+Fire+Red+(U)(+Squirrels)&ia=web
>>
Doing a wonder trade run of Clover. Just got to Parax town and beat my rival in the graveyard. So far everyone has been putting in work but Wantnaut has been MVP.
>>
>>48826974
>most surface, unidimensional and reddit interpretation of 4chan culture and humor: the romhack
>>
>>48831723
spoiler for easy mode
just catch a sprucifix and wonderguard it out
>>
File: 7928439_f520.jpg (106 KB, 1200x960)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>48840096
Back when the hack started this place was less angry and more goofy.
>>
>>48839875
Is the EXP supposed to scale really heavily by the mid game? I'm finding myself gaining barely any EXP in Clover after a certain point.
>>
>>48840513
There are invisible checkpoints that limit your exp gain past certain levels so you don't get overlevelled and the game remains challenging. It encourages you to train up new and diverse mons since they can catch up to your main squad fairly quickly without overlevelling the rest thanks to exp share.
>>
File: halloffame.jpg (187 KB, 1288x966)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>48831723
the run crusher himself. Worst part? first time though Clover I didn't know you could sleep in Beds. So I would have to go from Spooky town all through the docks to the wetback trail and back. I went broke on Repels getting back to the fight in a sane manner. Find out the moveset on each Pokemon, and find your counter for each. Relearn moves with the mushrooms, breed if you like.. there is a 6 IV Ditto in WonderTrade just waiting for you. A couple actually.
>>
File: gihV4Gj.png (140 KB, 720x1120)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>
>>48826974
halfway through clover and loving it, just beat freddy mecury and made it to esfores town. Any other type of rom hacks that have entriely new pokemon?
Going through clover really feels like a brand new pokemon game finding everything out for the first time is so fucking rad. Id love to see more games with that feeling.
>>
>>48839220
>kluklan
>good design
How to spot the desensitized
>>
>>48839402
I hear a lot of good about inclement emerald, though I haven't played it myself
>>
File: TmTk7GF.png (332 KB, 720x640)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>48827990
>>48830730
>ShinyGold
Based.
>>
File: 1629351001527.jpg (28 KB, 640x360)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
I want to hear anon stories of the worst romhack they have played and the reasons,no matter if it's just some words or a wall of text,I like reading complaints
>>
>>48841527
Crystal Clear. Was otherwise a really good romhack and I was having a kino time exploring Kanto/Johto in whatever order I wanted until I got to the E4 and got slapped in the face with the most egregious self inserts imaginable. Devs might as well have been jerking off directly only my face. Quit out and never touched it since.
>>
>>48841527
All the theta emerald hacks
So many bugs in the game your pokemons will get aids before they get pokerus
>>
>>48841527
Incel Emerald sucks
>>
>>48842297
>bugs
would you mind telling some anon? this got my interest
>>
File: beta kris.png (19 KB, 681x432)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Don't mind me, just gonna e-beg for beta Kris gen 3 OW and see if I fish an anon.
>>
Anyone remember the name of a very edgy gen 1 romhack that had things like vagina squirtle,satan charized,female trainers replaced with raped victims,and the MC constantly screaming "I WANNA KILL MYSELF" i actually forgot how it was called and i want to finish that horrid shit someday out of anger
>>
>>48842528
If this is the same that throws a Medicham to the lava, i want it to.
>>
>>48842528
Plaguemon
>>
>>48842555
That was it,lets see if the font doesnt burn my eyes again,thank you anon
>>
>>48842560
anonfiles/h7Zcu5Xfuf/plaguemon_unshitty_font_edition_ips
>>
>>48842573
Oh shit,that saves me alot of effort in trying to read it,you are a lifesaver anon
>>
File: ZHybQLM.png (39 KB, 480x160)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>
>>48842640
Does it patch to the vanilla rom, or the patched one? I never used it, just saved it from a /rheg/ thread a while ago.
>>
>>48839112
Speaking about EV grinding, what options are there? I know Renegade Platinum has a NPC that lets you fight a gauntlet of shitty EVmons to make shit easier but I don't know about RR.
>>
>>48842744
Lavender town has a trainer dedicated to EV/Exp grinding.
>>
>>48841527
Clover
>game expects you to grind tons of EXP/EVs but gives you no basic way to do so until postgame, where it gives you a half-assed grinding spot
>linear as fuck, barely anything to do as sidequests or side areas before postgame
>most of the pokemon designs are eyeclawingly bad
>story descends into trashy edgy 'save the world' nonsense after nothing throughout the entire game, I don't even remember why the player even cares about fighting or stopping team karma until the """twist""" because they never actually do anything
At least the music was okay, though it'll be on speedup a lot which ruins it
>>
>>48842737
I just used on the game,which already came patched apparently
>>
>>48841262
How to spot a plebbit faggot
>>
File: 1624542221013.jpg (66 KB, 598x466)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>48827003
>Some mons just got a couple new moves
>Others got wild stat overhauls
>>
>>48842679
Is it good?
>>
>>48842861
I only played it for like 2 hours due to the coomer character sprite,if you dont see it ever mentioned here its probably not good nor hilariously bad
>>
>finally finished plaguemon
>dont know what the fuck some expensive items such as AK-47 and flamethrower do
>Some items outright mess with tiles like TNT
>had to use a walk-though walls code to get to the pokemon league,victory road crashes on the second room
good stuff
>>
>>48842839
How to sppt a desensitized normie
>>
File: platinum mad.gif (874 KB, 320x192)
874 KB
874 KB GIF
>>48826974
Some faggot in the deleted reborn thread actually defended that garbage.
1) dropped it before de-level candy, because the idea was so retarded they only added it in hindsight like 5 chapters in
2)The game isn't hard, it's cookie cutter obsolete smogon teams that can be swept after getting past a single gimmick. The problem with the game forcing you to level down is because it's literally the game forcing you to erase progress meaning that after a certain point trainer battles serve no purpose but to waste your time until the next point. It's fundamentally shit game design.
3)No one dropped it because it was too hard. Everything actually related to pokemon in the game is done poorly meaning the only reason anyone would play it is the story, and we know what that's worth.

Yes I'm mad. If you're reading this rebornfag, defending the game in any way just because it lets you choose pronouns is retarded. Take a good look in the mirror and kill yourself.
>>
>>48844185
damn, you really got this heated over a post from a thread that died hours ago?
unironically take some meds
>>
>>48844380
>thingking about meds
ngmi uronically
>>
File: 1419979425687.jpg (23 KB, 219x281)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>48844185
>this steaming mad over a post from a deleted thread

I'm not even mad. I'm fucking impressed. Shoot for the fucking stars, Anon.
>>
>>48842297
Thank you! I hate when people praise these games. Worst romhacks period. Dev is a literal autist.
>>
File: rage.gif (703 KB, 245x184)
703 KB
703 KB GIF
>>48844380
I went out with friends before the reply and before the thread 404'd. came back to an absolutely retarded reply and a dead thread. that stupid smug fuck probably thought he made a good point with his stupid fucking retard logic for his faggot fucking failure of a romhack that he's probably only defending because...honestly, I don't fucking know why anyone would defend it. I can get liking it, we can't all be straight. But defending that shit? Drove me up the fucking wall. Every time I click back over to this thread I start seething.
>>
File: 1405185195282.jpg (75 KB, 720x720)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>48844670
>he's still malding

This is the most entertaining shit I've seen on /vp/ in the past week. Thank you for the chuckle Anon, your service is appreciated.
>>
>>48844683
Glad something good came out of it, probably the only good thing to ever come out of someone defending that fucking trash.
>>
>>48844185
didn't read
Clover is still shit tranny
>>
>>48844827
>Defending reborn
>Calling others trannies
Try again.
>>
>>48845018
not defending reborn, but i can count on one hand how many trannies are in reborn
there's like dozens in clover, on top of niggers and many women in positions of power in particular one is the champion and the other one of the main heads of the evil team, feminist propaganda everywhere, entire cities dedicated to pozz
yeah nah the guy who likes clover is definitely a straight white 'man' kek
>>
>>48845037
Damn, you are the first ever trannincel.
>>
I don't want to make a whole thread for this, but is there a way to emulate Gen 2 or the remakes, SS/HG, and have the day/night cycle in real time?

I have og Silver on my SNES classic, but it doesn't keep time and I have to reset it each time I turn it on.
>>
>>48845037
There are niggers, jews and trannies in Clover and all of them are harsh stereotypes of those people. Clover has literally made niggers, jews and trannies seeth at their "representation" in it.

I think you're getting upset about this for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>48845079
On PC? Yes, both the older games and the remakes will use the clock on your pc.
>>
>>48845051
take your meds tranny, you are not the entire world because you are obsessed with your own identity
>>48845146
>and all of them are harsh stereotypes of those people
it does not matter, their brainwashing is still flat in the game and isn't even distinctly always put in a negative light. big man tyrone or kanye are portrayed as free from niggerdom. you literally save jews from an evil nazi. the tranny dialogue was taken from tumblr where they brainwash kids into cutting their dicks off.
>made niggers, jews and trannies seeth
yeah, that's why there's always like a billion nogs and der juden who come out of the woodwork to say how heckin great the game is in spite of that when someone says the game is heckin racist
>upset about this for the wrong reasons
i just don't play tranny games lmao
>>
>>48845238
>all this schizobabbling
lmao Reborn is for shitters
>>
>>48845261
and clover is for troons
you will NEVER be a woman
>>
>>48845268
Yeah, sure. Lmao take your meds you seething rebornigger
>>
>>48845238
just started another playthrough of Clover on 3ds.
>>
This thread makes me never want to touch romhacks or fangames
>>
>>48845290
Ok, now post the excuse for you not touching grass already
>>
File: 'jak.jpg (80 KB, 680x673)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>48845271
i'll gladly take my meds if it means i stop having these delusions of seeing 'people' who think clover is a good game lmao
>>48845274
>3DS
see pic related, she won't fuck you bro
>>
>>48845298
>Bro
Discarded, stop being poor
>>
>>48845309
yeah, sorry i don't shell out hundreds of dollars so i can play on my nintendie 3dsoi in public while women laugh at me behind my back
>>
>>48845316
HAHAHA BRO SO GOOD, UPVOTED BRO!
>>
>>48827087
This but with Gardenia
I expected an easy fight since her gym trainers all went down like nothing but her roserade outsped everything on my team and swept me. If I was doing a nuzlocke I'd have been seething
>>
File: sprace.png (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>48845298
these faggots ruined beards.Whats your favourite pokemon?
>>
>>48845323
>now breaks into redditlike behavior
like clockwork, cloverfags really run the gamut of cope huh
>>48845338
idk, whatever isn't from clover
>>
File: sawkward.jpg (17 KB, 411x341)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>48845366
cheers
>>
>>48845366
YEAH, BRO. YOU SEEM LIKE A REALLY COOL BRO TO HANG UP WITH.
SCHOLARSHIP? NAH, THE SCHOLARS CAN EAT OUR SHIT
#RadicalBROS
>>
>>48827087
Yeah drayno always gives early gym leaders 80-100bp coverage moves it honestly just sucks. Afterwards it's great and far more fair when you can ev train
>>
>>48845200
Got it, cool. Thanks dude
>>
>>48845448
playing Volt White 2 and so far i've only struggled against Burgh in Challenge Mode
>>
>>48844102
>normie
>ie
you need to go back
>>
>>48844185
>>48844670
>>48845018
reborn is based for how it lives rent free in the heads of spergs like you
even the most autistic clover haters don't cry this hard
>>
>>48845564
clover sucks tranny
>>
>>48845564
What is it? Never heard of it.
>>
File: yawn.jpg (66 KB, 425x573)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Stop shit posting. No other romhack thread has ever been this useless.
>>
Is shiny gold sigma fixed yet? Or is it still a buggy mess?
>>
Any neat SM /USUM romhacks?
>>
>>48841400
>>48827990
What's the best version of ShinyGold?
>>
>>48847243
There are hacks for them that do the usual QoL changes/pokemon rebalancing/difficulty adjusting, similar to drayano hacks. Doubt we'll ever see something as drastically different as the big GBA hacks though, tools just aren't there and everything's been backported anyways
>>
>>48845537
you first desensitized normalfag
>>
>>48845268
Neither will you, faggot, fuck off.
>>
>>48845309
Boi, stop being greedy
>>
>>48847346
Watch your language normalfriend, one day you might accidentally say that while posting on facetok and get cancelled!
>>
>>48847361
Shut the fuck up desensitized twitter gramp.
>>
>>48845261
>all this psychopedors
ayy Clover is for shitters
>>
Imagine using /vp/, entering the ROMhack thread, and not appreciating Clover. You don't belong here, fuck off into a coomer thread or a different board
>>
>>48847476
A major title just released, so /vp/ is currently 50% normalfags and redditors. Expect shit taste and low quality bait to make up half this board for a while.
The normalfags usually fuck off quickly, but the redditors usually linger for a bit until they get re-quarantined into /v/ or /pol/
>>
>>48847546
They never even left. How the fuck do all these fags even wind up on 4chan? Seeing epin screenshots on leddit or twitter and thinking they should come create an echo chamber on the Pokémon board?

On topic of the thread, play Polished Crystal
>>
>>48847648
Because other people post shit like, "Hey, BDSP leaked so you should totally stay away from 4chan if you don't want to see them ;)"
On topic of the thread, wait for Polished's new update before playing it.
>>
>>48841527
When i was a kid there was a pokemon silver hack that had all sorts of small changes but the main thing was replacing Scyther's sprite with Latios that had 255 in every stat.
Made the second gym nearly impossible, and you could just catch it at the bug catching competition and just steamroll the game.
>>
>>48847717
Is the final version compatible with Red++ finally habbeding
>>
>>48847648
>How the fuck do all these fags even wind up on 4chan?

They see some haha funny screenshot on Twitter and go "Wow, I want to be apart of this very epic and funny community haha :)" and shit up the boards.
>>
>>48847476
clover isn't fun
>>
>>48847951
factually wrong
>>
>>48848022
objectively my penis and testicles
>>
>>48848036
Provably my own
>>
>>48847951
It's okay anon. You can just admit that you found it too difficult and couldn't complete it. We won't judge you for it.
>>
File: 736.png (238 KB, 500x500)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>playing blaze black 2
>catch a beldum (yes, with a 5% encounter rate exclusive to shaking grass and 0.3% catch rate, and can kill itself with take down)
>paralyzed it, caught it with a normal poke ball
>check summary
>ability is analytic instead of clear body
Time wasted.
>catch riolu
>use counter on wild pokemon
>they use moves that fail instead of physical attacking moves
>use quick attack
>they attack back
>play Divine Sword
>can't use potions
>stop playing this shit hack immediately
This is why I prefer the Dio Vento hacks. Actual difficulty without some retard's fanfiction changes.
Knowing how this thread is, you'll all just say I got filtered.
>>
>>48848070
Just use the vanilla patches in a Drayano hack then
>>
>>48848036
>>48848042
just like serpenis & phalicobra
>>
>>48847422
You need to come up with something more clever than just repeating yourself over and over. It's cringe.
>>
>>48844020
>mewtated
They probably thought this was so clever.
>>
>>48848271
Get better material you desensitized unoriginal hack
>>
I would play clover if there was toggleable exp share or a way to cheat in rare candies/levels. I fucking hate the tedium of levelling an entire team.
>>
>>48847271
Pokemon Stars tries to be different. It just sucks because it cant be played on console.
>>
>>48848576
EXP share IS toggleable in Clover. And you can totally use a Fire Red cheat code for rare candies and I promise nothing bad will happen during your adventure.
>>
>>48848633
>EXP share IS toggleable in Clover
Has that always been the case? I could have sworn it didn't, and that there were faggots here defending manually swapping out mons just to keep them at the same level.
>>
>>48845519
Yeah the bug type guy with all coverage at 80-100bp lol
He was difficult
>>
>>48848674
Cope, level caps have always been in the game. Exp share becomes much better when you have a way to not get overlevelled
>>
>>48849017
Arrest, level caps is only exclusive to piguson.
>>
>>48848576
The catch-up and cap xp system is really nifty. by the third gym I think there are 4 trainers you can battle that scale with you. By the post game there's the grindhaus ranch
It really is set up perfectly to drop team members and train new mons
>>
>>48827003
>lol let’s completely trivialize an entire species of Pokémon by giving them an OP signature move to spam
>>
Hacks where IV/EVs don't matter? I don't have time for that autism.
>>
>>48849531
Radical Red minimal grinding mode.
>>
>>48848043
I don't like busting my balls for pokemon, that's all. I like everything else about the game, but extreme difficulty isn't fun.
>>
>>48849616

Radical Red is kind of shit, though.
>>
>>48849679
I got to Blaine on caught Pokemon just abusing Priority moves and the great coverage all Clovermon get. Rekroach is very good. Wonder Trade is available to you; use it. I got a Motherfuck early on, do you know how that thing can carry you? Just cycle a few pokemon until you find something that clicks - just using EXP share and the cap will get you a few options in 10/15 minutes time. I struggled hard first time through the game but if you just use winning strats you don't have to hiccup that much.
>>
>>48849827
>use the pokemon the game gives you
nigger, no
>>
any gba/ds romhacks that have pokemon up to sword and shield? or does no one ever bother with that kind of thing
>>
>>48850075
radical red
>>
>>48850080
oh cool thanks
>>
I liked crystal clear.
I want to try shiny gold, but I've heard it's buggy.
>>
>>48842679
I think I played that once
Got rid of hms by letting whatever her name is do all that shit herself
bit edgy though
girl looks hot
>>
>>48849853
anon said game was too hard for him, the game has options for him. Whatever weird "gotcha" rule you want to lay down is only applicable to you, anon. As long as someone experiences content isn't that enough for you?
>>
>>48829492
Has to be Glazed
>>
>>48826974
recently beat blazing emerald
tried some inclement emerald
really love what both of them do, and the challenge is decent
>>
>>48845037
Cope, you enjoyed a pokemon game giving you trannoid option so now you defend it with your life. end yourself
>>
>>48850221
try GS chronicles
>>
>>48845564
It doesn't live rent free in my head, Letting tard trannies get the last word, instead of being beneath me where they belong. I haven't touched reborn since after the ditto arceus shit was made. Now it pops up and someone who professionally sucks cock says they're straight with no self awareness of how disgusting they are. Reborn is based because it lets me identify my inferiors and tell them to kill themselves.
>>
>>48839402
currently very satisfied playing Inclement Emerald

>>48839205
I usually try to keep an open mind with fakemon, but most designs just aren't good. Like, at all.
>>
>>48852097
>It doesn't live rent free in my head
>writes wall of cope
Kek
>>
>>48852097
thanks for the laugh, anon
a fit of bitter rage is always entertaining
>>
>>48852224
I keep seeing the same anon when ever clover is mentioned where he bitches about how bearded ladies are NPCs in the game but in anther thread said he just acts super edgy since he assumes it will make people side with him. Honestly I do not get him and why he goes so schizo over Clover.
>>
>>48852614
it's a falseflag campaign by squeetz. make your fangame's detractors look bad/deranged, therefore more people will like your fangame
also he mixes in legitimate criticism (the ev/iv shit, the cheating softlock being cringe) so that he can appear just reasonable enough for people to side with him but not reasonable enough to fully agree with him
>>
>>48852614
that anon is also a raging entertaining autist
frankly, people on these threads need to stop getting so pissy about every little thing and accept that they're all just fucking games made by internet randoms
the notion of being objectively right or wrong is a cope that insecure people use to make themselves feel valid
>>
>>48847476
>want to replay clover
>remember the 15 minute long strength puzzle and tile puzzle segments
>can't even cheat through them or you get softlocked at the end
great game but that was a faggot decision
>>
>>48852670
Thanks anon unironically screen capped. That's some good advice.
>>
Currently playing Photonic Sun after only playing vanilla Sun ages ago, pretty fun so far. I enjoy using Malamar with Topsy Turvy to completely cheese Totems.
>>
>>48836750
>lowered Electivire and Blaziken's Attack stat, in favor of improving their SpAtk stats for le mixed-attacking maymay
>turned Floatzel and Drapion into one-trick ponies, by giving them both of Urshifu's signature moves
>made unfitting type changes, such as Bug/Psychic Venomoth, yet, Gyarados and Charizard are still not Dragon
>fucked-up the uniform stat distribution of the eeveelutions
>made corvisquire evolve at lvl 60, because Corviknight was too good at killing Erika
>gave Wigglytuff Sheer Force, for some fucking reason
>every bird now has Frisk
>avoids making changes to base pokemon with Megas, because they have Megas
>having megas in the first place
I could go all day. Point is, RR devs are trannies and fags, and I hope they all die in a car fire
>>
File: Pokemon Sovereign .png (234 KB, 799x532)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
Sovereign of the Skies
>>
>Renegade Platinum
>get to Eterna Forest
>suddenly Cheryl wants to fight
>almost beats the shit out of me with that ridiculous coverage
>then her Chansey keeps killing everything I want to catch with Ice Beams
Well then. I took a look at the Pokemon changes file and it doesn't like like Drayano did much in this hack besides bumping all shitmons to at least 450 stat totals and giving everything all the coverage in the world, it might be simpler to get through than I expected despite the random susprises like this.
>>
Why is there not a single romhack where you can actually be a villain/evil? I played team rocket expecting to be fucking evil, but it just turns out I'm a reluctant anti-hero asshole archetype who saves the world, blah blah blah. I want to kill people, I want to steal things, I want to be evil and do evil, why is evil protagonist such a fucking niche genre.
>>
File: 1549977267835.jpg (235 KB, 856x898)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>48827146
>Mars fat cat and skuntank + sableye not much after.

It's less bullshit because you have decent mons moves but renegade plat early game is pure hell. And you can't cheese with eviolite or free legendary.
>>
>>48852790
Is i played the game i wouldn't even notice that shit. You're really fucking autistic bro.

I just play the fucking games, I don't memorize all this bullshit.
>>
>>48852791
Protomorphosis?
>>
>>48852800
Play shin Megami tensei
>>
File: Pokemon Sienna.png (1.38 MB, 1347x1946)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
This one is cool
>>
File: Pokemon Ash Gray.jpg (152 KB, 946x861)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
Is this fun?
>>
>>48852818
>final boss is YHWH
Kikesisters... what did they mean by this?
>>
>>48852800
in rejuvenation if you're a colossal dick to enough people you can join the villains towards the end of the current version and their plot in destroying the world. though it's not a romhack and it's not been developed much past this, it's likely you'll be able to kill everyone personally SMT style given the kind of game it is in future updates
>>
>>48852839
Just another fairy tale.
>>
>>48852845
based that rejuvenation did that but christ, imagine making someone play through a 100+ hour game multiple times for different endings
>>
>>48852845
>rejuvenation
I played this but there was just this repugnant feeling in my mind, the pretentiousness oozing out of every word the characters spit out, the neverending attempt at being deep.. are the devs trannies?
>>
Prestigious Platinum level curve is brutal. How the fuck am I supposed to get level 30 Pokemon before the Team Galactic battle post Eterna Gym? Grinding is so much easier in Gen 5+ hacks, you either have Audino everywhere or party-wide EXP share
>>
>>48852852
Careful, might cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>48852857
technically, you can be a dick and reach the point where the plot splits, then make a backup. they allow you to pick whether to go good or bad guy
>>48852887
no but the main dev is a niggercel who literally handcrafted the main white blonde blue eyed aryan girl for BBC and lesbians
>>
File: 1633376749465.png (340 KB, 576x522)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>Finally meet cynthia on renegade
>milotic go down fast.
>Staraptor drops
>Choice locked into double edge.
>Setup with frolass and sweep.

That's quite anti climatic.
>>
File: 1613559065312.png (17 KB, 1440x960)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Getting carried by this guy in RR
>>
File: champ.png (68 KB, 955x631)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
just beat the refights with this, overall was fun. might at least do the regional dex with fast forward.
>>
Is that anon who was making the custom game with 6 moves and 3 abilities for each mon still posting here? I liked the ideas he was implementing, wondering if he shared any more things he was doing differently.
>>
>>48847267
The patched one, zel2.0 is god
>>
>>48827068
>BW hack
Oh nonono
>>
>>48852943
Its not edgy to say that the tooth fairy isn't real. Just a boring fact.
>>
>>48855796
>>
>>48827003
fun fact about RR: Carnivine, (yes Carnivine the shitmon) doesn't get anything aside from slight stat buffs
>>
>>48852185
>>48841308
gonna check it out. thanks
>>
>>48828470
Quarantine Crystal is pretty kino
>>
File: Premantom.png (214 KB, 896x594)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
This Giygas motherfucker is carrying me so hard.
>>
>>48856793
We don't know what game you're playing. Don't be obtuse.
>>
>>48857724
It's Clover, you can always guess by its incredibly tryhard designs.
>>
I hate it when hacks have NPCs who heal your party in the middle of a route
>>
>>48858506
>I HATE CONVENIENCE
Ok chud
>>
>>48858518
it makes the game easier though especially since it's forced
>>
>>48858530
>NOOOOO INSTEAD OF RUNNING ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE POKEMON CENTER I HAVE TO WALK BACK TO THE START OF THE ROUTE TO GET MY FREE FORCED HEALING ITS TOO EASY AAAIIIIEEEEEEE POKEMONCHALLENGES SAVE ME
>>
bump
>>
>>48859882
ill bump your mom
>>
File: 1564240345464.jpg (86 KB, 720x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>still no clover update since a year.
Whatever happened to them, needs an explanation.
>>
File: wakemeup.png (154 KB, 600x358)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
I just want to play hacks that have no pysical/special split but those are getting rare
>>
>>48860054
they died to asscancer and aids.
>>
File: mikevacation.jpg (93 KB, 512x512)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Does anyone have the Pokemon Clover full dex image with updated art?
>>
Anyone got the most up to date image for the Quarantine Crystal dex? Planning my 2nd playthrough but I wanna see who to use
>>
>>48857828
>you MUST make a generic cutesy animalmon or objectmon like the rest of us!
Why do you hate effort. Has Gamefreak really conditioned you that much?
>>
>>48860054
The devs moved on, they aren't working on it anymore.
>>
Any easy way to edit RR raid cooldown?
>>
>>48863343
It uses your system clock right? Just change your computer's time.
>>
any complete romhack with ALL the mons? not Radicalred
>>
>>48863374
Yeah I guess I could do that
Also I noticed some pokes are coded in with no way to getting them. Guess I need cheats for that? Where can I see them?
>>
>>48863343
if you're going to cheat, might as well use the encounter cheat
>>
>>48863399
i don't think cheats will work
all the unobtainable legends (and unown) are boss-exclusive and will be available in future updates
>>
>>48844020
>there's a version without fucked text
where anon
>>
BDSP nude mod when
>>
>>48842573
>>48865454
Never mind ty
>>
File: 20211128_134004.png (10 KB, 158x144)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
What are some good FRLG QoL hacks?
Something likes Red++ but on GBA (meaning no OCs, self inserts or drayanoesque difficulty; I just want to play Kanto with updated mechanics).
>>
>>48865616
Try Fire Red/Leaf Green+
>>
File: untitled-1.png (288 KB, 500x500)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>doesn't tell you what Pokemon your opponent is switching to
>revives only heal 1 hp
>no legendaries for FUN (which means not every pokemon is catchable)
So close, so fucking close to a definitive gen 7 game.
>>
>>48860096
>I just want to play hacks that have no pysical/special split but those are getting rare

Why though? pys/spe split is objectively good design.
>>
>>48852791
>Sovereign of the Skies

3 gym demo in 9 years

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.