[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>gen 5 is totally part of the golden era guys!!
>gen 6 was totally the downfall, right fellow sinnohbros and hoennchads!!
>muh sprites, muh story, muh difficulty!!
Gen 5 is not part of the Golden Era. The facts prove this.
>>
File: gen56.png (3.22 MB, 1470x5338)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
I love how you can give objective evidence for gen 6 being higher quality than gen 5 and people will just call you a discord shitposter
>>
>>48428363
>no postgame
I'm starting to think that the people who say this about games like Unova are just saying "It doesn't have 2 regions so it's shit"
>>
>>48428369
Fuck off. Gen 5 and Gen 6 are both shit. Fuck you.
>>
>>48428369
>objective evidence
Fuck off kalosperm and take this discord thread with you
>>
>>48428363
>no postgame
I'm starting to think the people who say this about games like Kalos are just saying "it doesn't have a few arbitrary routes left after the credits so it's shit"
>>
>>48428363
>gen 5
>Simple route design, with 0 side paths
Entire post voided
>>
>>48428370
Coming right after HGSS, yes, it's shit in comparison. HGSS is the last canon game.
>>
>>48428380
Ok.
>>
>OP (read: faggot) is a tripfag
So this is a shitpost thread?
>>
>>48428385
>cherrypicked a route that has an optional side path
>>
>>48428395
>optional side path
Where? Circle it.
>>
File: 1634191241444.png (252 KB, 1090x546)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>48428401
I know (You)'re a baiting shitposter but I wanna see where it goes.
>>
>>48428363
>minimal handholding
>story doesnt interfere with your adventure
>region has minimal roadblocks
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
the only thing the facts prove is your undeniable retardation
>>
>>48428419
That doesn't lead to a side area, that's just a diversion in the route.
>>
What do you discord raiders feel about gens 1 & 3 by the way? I never really see anything about it from you all
>>
I like it so its good
>>
>>48428439
>moves the goalpost
Yawn.
>>48428456
They don't feel anything about 1-3. They just love to circlejerk about Kalos and hate Unova.
>>
Golden age is gens 3-5.
>>
>>48428481
I'd also say in the brief window Go was in the public eye. That shit was euphoric.
>>
>>48428385
Ok.
>>
>>48428385
Ok
>>
>>48428363
>Unova
>no postgame
you didn't play the game did you anon.
>>
>>48428599
>mentioned the postgame
Here comes the "muh 2 routes" argument
>>
File: 458.png (992 KB, 700x1007)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
play the game you insufferable faggot
>>
>>48428363
Gen4 us objectively superior to Gen5, this is unquestionable.
Gen6 was also better and the only people who question it are those too underage to have been around when it was released and didn't get to see how it revitalised interest in the entire franchise.
Even /vp/ was never again as hype as it was during XY/ORAS release and hadn't been as excited for any game since HGSS. Gen5 is simply a black mark on the franchise and Unovabortions can cope. Most of them didn't even experience how dead the community was because of Gen5.
>>
>>48428369
>muh amie
>muh backgrounds
>muh bottom screen
>muh customization
>muh berry farming
>muh minigames
>muh ribbons
How exactly does this make XY a better Pokémon game?
The Unova games has the better dex, more mons, superior story, better difficulty and level curve, the superior region with tons of places to explore, no shitty gimmicks like mega evo or handholding like full party exp share, better post-game, tons of replayability, etc.
>>
>>48428363
>what you think is happening
A Sinnohfag is shitting on Unova
>what's actually happening
A Kalosfag is dragging down Unova with him
>>
>>48428363
The only golden era was gen 3. Gen 4 was the era of automation.
>>
>>48428658
take your bait back to discord
>>
>postgame
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>48428626
You're not a true gen 4 fan you falseflagging faggot. Get out.
>>48428736
This.
>>
>>48428608
>"muh 2 routes"
2 AWESOME routes.
plus 3 underwhelming ones, but one has Lostlorn forest.
Then there's also:
>Giant Chasm
>Abysall Ruins
>Challenger's Cave
There is just as much postgame as Sinnoh.
And Hoenn literally had no postgame.
>>
>>48428751
(You)
>>
>>48428779
go back to discord
>>
Why does the Kalosautist always go into schizo mode in every discussion?
>>
>>48428771
Dude there are 5 gen 3 games and only 2 got barebones "post game" content you where already right there was no need to lie...
>>
I am liking this Kalosbro. He almost excuses the fact that he supports the worse region in the franchise.
>>
>>48428363
>>48428369
>Nooooo unovaa was not part of muh goldun ayge look at muh evidence i promise im not a discord trannyy
Kek Seethe and cope
>>
>>48428363
>>48428369
Oh, is this the new strategy you maggots use? Who came up with this? I haven't been to discord in a while since you included PL.
Oh yeah, /vp/ discord has PL, and it's bad.
>>
>>48428369
I don't agree with your post, but I love how every reply is just an insult and not arguments lol
>>
>>48428370
It was always like that, I don't fucking get why the hell would they ask for things like region backtracking on every game, there's no way you can pull that in every gen without forcing it.

>>48428381
>HGSS
>Cannon
Lol
>>
File: you.gif (1.77 MB, 600x600)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB GIF
>>48428363
>>48428369
>>
>>48428363
Obviously, only retarded Unovabortions claim that Gen 5 is part of the golden era. Anybody with a functioning brain won't just forget how much they, especially Masuda, pushed it as being a "brand new start".
>>
>>48428626
Gen 6 wasn't super well received on /vp/, but anons stayed positive because they all expected a Z version that would improve on XY's flaws. ORAS got shat on pretty hard though.
>>
>>48429240
>reboot meme
>>
>some gyms can be done in any order
I love Sinnoh, but what the fuck is this image even?
Also, every gen is fine. Besides 2 anyways.
>>
>>48429745
>Besides 2 anyways.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>48429745
>Besides 2 anyways.
Those 2 being gen 6 and gen 8
>>
>>48429751
Johto was disappointing.
Gold/Silver had almost as many bugs as red/blue and like half the fucking new Pokemon were Kanto locked.
HGSS were also mediocre.
>>
I love that the discorders just completely admit that they're predictable now but say anyone who calls them out on it is just wrong. You can't spam the exact same images all of the tine and then pretend nobody will notice.
>>
>>48429766
>Gold/Silver had almost as many bugs as red/blue
Factually incorrect.
>like half the fucking new Pokemon were Kanto locked.
6 lines out of 50.
>Johto was disappointing.
>HGSS were also mediocre.
Yes, that's why Johto has the most beloved games in the franchise.
>>
>>48429791
Nice proof you've got there.
>>
How retarded and schizophrenic do you have to be to take this blatantly pro-Sinnoh and anti-Unova/Kalos post as a pro-Kalos and anti-Unova post falseflagging as a Sinnohchad?
>>
>>48428476
I never moved the goalpost. A branching path is NOT a side area, and it is disingenuous of you to suggest so.
>>
>>48428369
By this logic gen 8 is the best because it’s on the most advanced console
>>
>>48429834
>By this logic gen 8 is the best because it’s on the most advanced console
>>
>>48428439
Technically it does, given there's a hidden grove there
>>
>>48428363
Didn't read lol
>>
>>48428363
Gen 4 and 5 are the best.
But gen 7 and8 has best mons
>>
>>48430150
>8
>best mons
kek
>>
>>48430191
>cute pokemon that references the region
damn sounds based
>>
>>48430545
>thinks rocks are cute
You're probably 5. Jannies, come clean up this mess
>>
>>48428385
I can cherrypick too
>>
>>48430561
good shitpost my guy
>>
>>48429807
Meds >>48428369
>>
>>48428363
Gen 5 was complete shit, but Gen 4 was also bad even if it was a little bit better. Gen 6 was only redeemed by the graphics and PSS online function.
>>
>>48430608
You're not even trying at this point.
>>
>>48430595
>Meds
You first. That's not me you stupid dickhead.
>>
>>48428369
None of those things affect the gameplay?
>>
>>48430616
Explain to me what's good about Gens 4-6 then. All three were shit, but 6 at least looked good and had better online than Gen 7.
>>
>>48428369
discord tranny
>>
>>48429791
>6 lines out of 50.
Too many. Should have been 0
>>
>>48430639
>6 at least looked good
>>
>>48430629
>battle facilities suddenly don't affect gameplay when it fits the narrative
>berry farming suddenly doesn't affect gameplay when it fits the narrative
>>
>>48430696
Schizo. The Gen 5 games have both of those things. Stuff that don’t matter are amie garbage, backgrounds, bottom screen, minigames, and ribbons.
>>
>>48430654
Then faggots would be complaining that the Kanto postgame is even more empty.
>>
>>48430711
>The Gen 5 games have both of those things
The image demonstrates how they either don't have those things or they have it but it's shittier than XY.

>content and extra things to do don't matter when it fits the narrative
ebin
>>
>>48430752
>The image demonstrates how they either don't have those things
Except they do. Try playing the game schizo.
>or they have it but it's shittier than XY.
Subjective but also blatantly false.

>>content and extra things to do don't matter when it fits the narrative
Schizo... amie, backgrounds, bottom screen, minigames (which gen5 has), and ribbons are not content.
>>
>>48428369
"B-B-BUT BW2 WAS THE LAST TIME THEY TRIED!!!!1"
>>
>replying to himself out of desperation
Discord schizo doesn’t realize we can see the IP count
>>
>>48430771
It was, lol
>>
>>48428363
>some gyms can be done in any order
alright, I'm gonna say it, who gives a fucking shit
they're still balanced around being done in a specific order, so the fact you don't "have" to fight them in that order functionally means nothing. sure, I can skip fighting Brawly in Gen 3, but when I come back to fight him after beating Tate & Liza he's still going to have mons with levels in the teens. why bother skipping? it's so easy at that point that the only "benefit" to skipping is it satisfies some autistic need to play a "non-linear game" like that fucking matters. these games have always been fucking linear, and no amount of "oh boy I can come back and fight Brawly with my level 50 Altaria" is going to change that. go fuck yourselves
>>
>>48430768
>Except they do. Try playing the game schizo.
How do I berry farm in BW?

>Subjective
How in the fuck is four facility bosses being greater than two subjective?

>extra content isn't content
wew
>>
>>48430781
>who gives a fuck about exploring in a series that's about exploration!! I want my guided hallway simulator!!
gen 5 fanboys, not even once.
>>
>>48430781
It's not so much that the gyms can be done out of order, it's that the game doesn't hold your hand and steer you toward the gyms once you reach certain milestones. The early gens just have a sort of natural progression when you make your way to each new area on your own accord, and you can do other side quests and activities when you enter a new area before challenging the gym if you want. It feels like you're making your own adventure rather than playing through one long scripted cutscene.
>>
>>48430785
that's not what I said, exploring is fine, skipping gym leaders for no reason is not "exploring" you disingenuous piece of shit.
to go back to the Brawly example, what am I "exploring" by skipping him? I've already been to Dewford, it's not like jumping past fighting him unlocks some cool new area, there's literally no purpose to it.
I'm only criticizing this board's autistic fascination with being able to skip gym leaders. if a game has fewer opportunities for exploring and backtracking and whatnot that's obviously a bad thing, but skipping content you'll have to do eventually is not "exploring."
>>
>>48430782
>How do I berry farm in BW?
By playing the game and not being a schizo.
>How in the fuck is four facility bosses being greater than two subjective?
Have you tried actually playing the games? You can steamroll XY’s garbage with megas. And you’re blatantly ignoring PWT like a schizo.
>backgrounds are content because... they just are!
Meds.
>>
>>48430824
>By playing the game
Where is it in the game? If I boot up BW right now where do I go to berry farm?

>You can steamroll XY’s garbage with megas
No you can't. Even with megas the battle facility is pretty hard. I actually found it harder than the subway because the bosses actually use legendaries instead of shitmons like Eelektross.

>And you’re blatantly ignoring PWT like a schizo
Woah, the PWT is in BW? Where?

>minigames aren't content because... they just aren't!
Meds.
>>
>>48430817
So you admit that gen 5 has no exploration?
>>
>>48430817
People don't like roadblocks and hand-holding, simple as. In Gen 1, you can't fight Misty before Surge, but nobody complains about not being able to face those gyms out of order, because there is so much to do once you get to Cerulean and especially Vermillion City that it feels like you can fight the gyms at your own pace. You can challenge them ASAP or you can explore the other connecting routes with trainers and new Pokemon. You are playing the game at your own pace rather than being railroaded from one boss to the next.
>>
>>48430835
>Where is it in the game
Are you pretending to be obtuse?
>Even with megas the battle facility is pretty hard.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Okay you’re baiting.
>>Woah, the PWT is in BW? Where?
>d-doesn’t count!
>Gen 5 doesn’t minigames because... I said so okay?!
>Backgrounds are content because... they just are!
This will be your last (You). Cherish it.
>>
>>48430836
Unova actually has a decent amount of backtracking in some areas, but yeah it's pretty linear overall. quit making everything some stupid genwar though, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them an ardent defender of whatever gen you happen to think sucks.
>>
>>48430872
>walk backward for 30 seconds
>WOOOOOOOOAH
And it's not a genwar just because your fee fees are hurt
>>
>>48430738
Yeah it was empty and lifeless already. Why do people like gen 2 again?
>>
>the best game in the series is not part of the golden era
ogey
>>
>>48430878
my "fee fees" aren't hurt, I don't give a shit what games you criticize
christ I hope you aren't normally this insufferable
>>
>>48430888
>it was empty and lifeless already
But it wasn't though. You'd know that if you actually played Gen 2.
>>
Gen V is single-handedly one of the biggest contributors to the bloat that caused no nat dex in gen VIII
>>
>>48431185
This. They should just remove Gen 5 mons from the franchise. Things would be so much better without that powercreeped cancer.
>>
>>48430935
I just replayed crystal on the 3ds like 6 months ago. Kanto was empty and lifeless.
>>
>>48431185
>Gen 8 is shit because of Gen 5
>>
>>48431203
>removes gen 5 mon from the franchise, worsening GameFreak's reputation
>the franchise dies at an accelerated rate
Now what?
>inb4 "lol nobody wants gen 5 Pokemon"
>>
>>48430781
>they're still balanced around being done in a specific order
In Johto, Chuck and Pryce are the same level, which suggests they can be done in any order you choose. Same with Maylene and Wake in DP.
>>
>>48430872
>Unova actually has a decent amount of backtracking in some areas

No it doesn't.

>Iccirrus City to Relic Castle

That is literally the only backtracking in BW. You don't even go back to your home town after you set off on Route 1.
>>
>>48431339
I've replayed Crystal 3 times this year and Kanto was not lifeless and empty.
>>
>>48429130
Because Unovatrannies have no thought process whatsoever, just like what went into their shitty games.
>>
>>48431412
>does the same thing as the Unovafags
Looks like you don't have any thought process either.
>>
>>48431383
It's literally just a boss rush lol. Less than half the size of Kanto in gen 1 games. None of the daily quest type stuff that actually made Johto feel alive. What is so great about Kanto in GSC? There's nothing to do.
>>
>>48430781
While I agree that having linear gym order is objectively better, you cannot fight brawly after Tate and Liza. You need 4 badges in order for Norman to allow you to challenge him. The latest you can fight brawly is after flannery
>>
>>48430836
It does have exploration though. Surf is never required in Unova, every single route/cave with surfing areas is totally optional exploration. One example of this, if you go back to route 1 and surf left you discover routes 17 and 18. Totally optional, full of cool items including tms and heart scales, and lots of trainers to fight.
>>
>>48431420
See, I always see people say "kanto in gsc is shit because it's just a boss rush!!", but they never actually explain what is bad about that. I would rather have that than another story railroading me through the postgame. On top of that, it's still more postgame than literally every other game in the series, so people calling it shit are also calling every other games' postgame shit too. Also, why is Kanto in GSC being a boss rush a bad thing, but South-Eastern Unova in B2W2 being a boss rush a good thing? The B2W2 one is actually worse because it's the same unchanged locations from the previous game, and no actual bosses to fight, just preschoolers with Level 65 Hydreigons. It's all inconsistent standards when it comes to Johto hate.
>>
>>48431356
lol nobody wants gen 5 Pokemon
>>48431420
>nothing to do
Eight gyms and multiple side quests are "nothing to do?" Are you silly in the head?
>>
>>48430785
>muh gym badges out of order
That’s not exploration. That’s THE SAME LOCATIONS ANYWAY in another order. Exploring is everywhere in Unova, with almost every route leading to optional or mostly optional locations. What’s the benefit to grinding and beating the gyms out of order?
>>
>>48431379
>no mandatory backtracking means the game has exploration, which I just said doesn’t mean anything is mandatory in a certain order
Interesting, anon.
>>
>>48428363
>Gen 5 is good because it forces you to use shit mons
People are still playing up this reason?
>>
>>48431203
dual types plus shit designs are really deep and mature
>>
>>48431468
All I said was Kanto is empty and lifeless, which it is, because it is just a boss rush. And I never even brought up b2w2. Address the arguments I'm making, and stop arguing with the Unovabortion boogeyman in your head.

>On top of that, it's still more postgame than literally every other game in the series, so people calling it shit are also calling every other games' postgame shit too.
Are you saying because Kanto is physically "bigger" that it's "more post game"? It's fucking empty. They could have made the gsc post game a hallway of gym leaders with red at the end and it would be the same size post game, which is really fucking small. And I think it's kinda funny when people even consider Kanto the post game; if you stopped playing gsc after beating only Johto, it doesn't feel nearly as satisfying as beating the main game in most other regions, because Johto isn't that big either. And there's no real big expansive dungeons and caves and buildings to battle through (which they did right the first time in RBY!). Ice path? Zero trainers. Victory Road? Zero trainers. Sinnoh and Hoenn for example are both larger and have more things to do than Johto & Kanto combined in gsc, so while their first iterations lack a big post game, at least the main game more than makes up for it. And in those gens the post game is actually a fun and engaging boss rush with the battle frontier.
>>
>>48431481
>8 trainer battles, 6 of which are weaker than the elite 4 that you just beat (lol @ Janine's level 33 Ariados)
>Fight one (1) team rocket grunt and get a part for a generator
Yeah there's a lot to do in Kanto anon...
>>
>>48431642
When I did the Kanto Gyms I was underlevelled for all of them except Janine. Play the game.
>>
>>48431649
Even if that was true for you (I played crystal 6 months ago and had a different experience), it doesn't change the fact that 6 of them are weaker than the elite 4 that you just beat, which was the point I was making.
>>
>>48431642
Why would gym leaders be stronger than the Elite Four? Do you also think random bug catchers and bird keepers in Kanto should be stronger than the Elite Four? You forgot about waking up the Snorlax, finding Copycat's lost Pokedoll, rival battle in Mt. Moon, acquiring the Super Rod, Viridian Trainer House, and gaining access to Mt. Silver in addition to all the wild Pokemon you can catch. Play the game.
>>
>>48431708
>Why would gym leaders be stronger than the Elite Four?
From a game design perspective, it makes sense that later bosses are stronger than earlier bosses. In a Pokemon lore perspective it makes sense that they are weaker, which is why it was such a shit idea lmao
>>
>>48431708
>You forgot about waking up the Snorlax, finding Copycat's lost Pokedoll, rival battle in Mt. Moon, acquiring the Super Rod, Viridian Trainer House,
You realize this all takes like 20 mins to do?

>and gaining access to Mt. Silver
This is one of the 2 things I mentioned, not sure why you're repeating it (probably to make your list look longer).
>>
>>48431703
Why would the Gym Leaders be stronger than the Elite Four?
>>
>>48431781
See >>48431724
>>
>>48431787
lore > game design
>>
>>48431798
>I enjoy shitty games
Makes sense
>>
>>48431724
So I guess Dark Souls 3 is shit then too, since you can one-shot Ancient Wyvern and battle Dancer of the Boreal Valley before Vordt.
>>48431768
>You realize this all takes like 20 mins to do?
Not really since it requires walking through the overworld and battling several trainers. Play the game.
>This is one of the 2 things I mentioned
No it wasn't.
>>
>>48431815
>Not really since it requires walking through the overworld and battling several trainers. Play the game.
It took me 20 mins when I played the game 6 months ago. But you're right maybe they've added more trainers and stuff since then.

>No it wasn't.
How do you gain access to Mt Silver then?

>So I guess Dark Souls 3 is shit then too
Yes, Dark Souls 3 is shit for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>48431961
>It took me 20 mins when I played the game 6 months ago.
Bullshit.
>>
>>48431418
Seethe more Unovatranny

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.