[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Midweek Edition.png (755 KB, 1280x689)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
Midweek Edition

>What are currently you hunting?

>How are you hunting it?

>Previous successes?

>Do you have any Spooky hunts planned for Halloween?

Useful Links

>Encounter Calculator (Up to Gen 7)
https://github.com/AngefloSH/PokemonEncCalc/releases

>Catch Rate Calculator
https://www.dragonflycave.com/calculators/gen-iii-iv-catch-rate

>Encounter Trackers

>IOS & Google Play - Pokétch: Shiny Counter
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pok%C3%A9tch-shiny-counter/id1438600685
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poketch.app&hl=en_US&gl=US
>Browser Based Shiny Tracker
https://shinytrack.night.coffee/

>Gen 2 Shiny Breeding Guide
http://noseclub.bluwiikoon.art/gscshinyeggs.shtml

>Gen 2 DV Calculator
http://psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php

>Gen 4 PokéRadar Tutorial

>Written
https://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/dpp_pokeradar

>Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGfygd9q1is

Previous Thread: >>48393547
>>
Nothing. I have a paper due Thursday, 3 other assignments by the week and need to find time to start my other errands. Shiny hunting is gonna canceled until December lads.

It's over.
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/25ipla.mp4
>>
>>48420672
Just drop outta uni to hunt shinies full time like I did.
>>
>>48420672
>*gonna be canceled until
Sorry it's like 4 am here
>>
>>48420674
based, fuck a-drive, nobody in this thread is like that pathetic cunt
>>
>>48420648
Johto starters, but it's something I'm happy to dip in and out of. Probably going to put it on hold soon for hunt mentioned below

>How are you hunting it?
Soft resetting on two DSes. I have real bad balltism so when I get a shiny I won't consider it "proper" since its not in a premier ball. I'll likely rehunt it in some way to get it in the proper ball, but I like the idea of playing through the whole game with a shiny so I'll endure a little poke balled bastard

>Previous successes?
A competitively bred braviary I MMed in gen 8 to mark moving to the states. See picrel. Adding the elements of IVs and nature was a fun twist on the hunt

My friend is going for pumpkaboo and I'm doing Phantump; were going to hunt together. It'll be my first time radar chaining so I'm excited to learn it. I was pretty indifferent on Phantump, but I liked him more once I learned about the harvest trick. I don't know if I'd ever use it but it's cool, so between that and him being cute I can appreciate him. My friend and I agreed we wanted to do a spooky hunt and she loves pumpkaboo so Phantump made sense. Im excited for it

Sorry for rambling
>>
Can you get the shiny charm in ORAS before you get the national dex without hacking?
Like if i pokemon bank all the Pokémon over from Y into a new born baby save can i just walk up to birch and get that shit?
if not i'll have to do one of them at 1/4096
>>
>>48420685
I did mine in DAs. I wanted to try DA hunting and I love the latis so they felt like good targets. I got latios around 100 DAs, but latias was around 500. I had a reasonable number of phases, but my god DAs can be horrible.

They're uniquely frustrating in that you can sink 10, 15 minutes into an attempt, and get btfo without catching your target. It's like if you did a soft reset and lugia just wasnt there sometimes. Massively disheartening.

My takeaway is that for me personally, I don't want to hunt that intensely in DAs ever again. I enjoy the gameplay, so I'd be inclined to play with a friend and just enjoy some pokemon; if I get a shiny then cool. Ymmv but using DAs as a proper hunting method isn't for me
>>
>>48420690
It's even more funny if you remember that shinies in japanese are literally called “color variation”.
>>
>>48420707
Yeah it really doesn't seem ideal for me either, i like brain turn off stuff like soft resetting, or if sometime demands my attention, it to be super rewarding like pokeradar chaining or chain fishing.
The odds may look appealing, but the reset time on DAs is so long it pushes the time investment out to be longer than just soft resetting it seems.
>>
>>48420726
We did the maths, iirc the average time to get a shiny from DAs is the same as soft resetting for a legendary at full odds in gen 6 onwards (and by the same token double hunting pre gen 6). Around 27 hours I think it was.

Ymmv because obviously some DAs will have more consistent success rates than others, and some people can SR faster than others. The point was just that odds =/= time. Horde hunting is full odds but crazy fast.

If you're a full odds person and care that the lines in the code are set to 8192 or whatever, then that's fair enough and more power to you, but people who shit on high-odds methods definitely don't realise the difference between odds and time sunk

Another thing making DAs hell is that if you quit and reload, when you return to do a DA, youll get the same path, so if you have a really shitty first fight where you lose three of your lives, you have no choice but to keep going and waste your time heading towards an inevitable wipe, since resetting will just lead you to the same fight. Truly a uniquely demotivating way to hunt

I'm rambling a lot on here tonight, sorry anons
>>
>>48420750
Yeah seems like butts.
I'll look into ORAS options.
Maybe i can buy a copy of omega ruby so i can streetpass the eon ticket on and then i just have to speed run the game and then i can SR at shiny charm rates.
Only problem is ugh, used game market.
I could just pirate OR, but that seems cheap and i don't want to cheapen the shiny so i guess that's my artificial limitation.
>>
How common are shinies in Showdown randbats? I've gotten them like ten times and I've played a lot. It's always fun
>>
>>48421253
1/1024 according to google.
Seems about right based on how many i've seen
>>
File: FBk6TrzVEAMQOeg.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>48395790
Got him, finally.
Somewhere around 1000 eggs
>>
File: 20211013_215049.jpg (316 KB, 1000x750)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
>>48421272
Oh shit, back to back
>>
>that good feel when shinyfags are taking back /vp/
>>
Only a 103 SRs into this Bulbasaur. I have a newfound respect for people who do this now. Gonna grab some swarm radar mons in a bit
>>48421272
>>48421299
noice
>>
Cyndaquil on SS, wanted to start my first playthrough and first shiny hunt at the same time.
>How are you hunting it?
Soft resetting at starter choice.
>Previous successes?
First shiny hunt, BUT I just reset on reflex when I finally found it at ~3000 tries, came here to get laughed at.
>>
>>48421712
What are you gonna do if you get a shiny other than Cyndaquil though?
HGSS lets you see if the mon's shiny before you select it.
>>
>>48421750
I'm aware of that but I'm looking for Cyndaquil specifically because I've played through GSC with Totodile numerous times and don't really dig grass starters.
>>
>>48421782
I get that but what's your plan?
You gonna just reset a perfectly good shiny? or just pick it and progress to the point to trade it out and restart the game?
>>
>>48421790
I haven't even been checking them lmao
I just press A to initiate starter choice and then press left, it rotates to Cyndaquil without showing you the others
>>
>>48421809
You're a very odd individual.
Whatever, do what you want.
>>
>he never reset over a shiny because it wasn't exactly what he wanted

you guys are such pussies
>>
>>48421712
I SR'd over a shiny HGSS starter once too. For me it was Totodile but I was going after any of them. I got Cyndaquil after
>>
File: file.png (493 KB, 1280x720)
493 KB
493 KB PNG
Here's my haul.
On an unrelated note, i forgot to evolve some trade only evolve pokemon before transferring them, anyone wanna help me evolve 3 pokemon?
I've set up a link code of 4144 4444
>>
got a shiny, female Vaporeon yesterday.
nature: gentle

what are some good nicknames?
i'd can't think of something other than "Breedable", but it's a bit too obvious.
>>
>>48422161
What about Theodora
She's a historically significant whore.
>>
>>48422133
Ah well, i guess this isn't the thread for it.
>>
I think my cart is cursed.
>>
>>48422279
i hate this feel.
>>
>>48422186
kek, based byzantine anon
>>
>>48422227
I'll help you later if you still need it anon. Just not at my switch atm
>>
>>48422374
i'm gonna sleep soon so don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1594090841967.png (130 KB, 357x371)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>150+ Dynamax Adventues in a row w/ charm
>No Shiny

make it end bros
>>
File: 1418863397118.jpg (36 KB, 529x566)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>thunderstorm in the wild where i was hunting ended
>starts hailing
>nothing but cubchoo and sneasel now and very little golett spawns
>>
i have a craving that only friend safari hunting can satisfy, but i've exhausted my options over the years, anybody still hunt on x/y?
my FC is: 2852-7979-5643, if i remember right i think i had a fire safari with braixen
>>
>>48423211
I'll add you but I think my safari is shit. Don't remember
>>
>>48420648
Golett in white
>How are you hunting it?
RE
>Previous successes?
frillish in white
i just hunt ghost types throughout october, if i get golett and it's still a good bit away from the end of the month i might radar duskull in platinum and then a female frillish (would do yamask but considering my golbat hunt luck i don't want to do another 50/50 right now).
for any radarfags, if it changes from night to day does it immediately change the encounter tables to the day ones or does it keep the night ones?
>>
>>48423263
I'll leave my 3DS on btw so you can fug around in it for the third mon
>>
>>48423272
I was radaring some mons in Eterna Forest the other day and when I was in there I took my Emerald cart out of the slot so Pineco wouldn't have a chance to break my chains, but it was still appeared even with my cart out and broke my chain. Can't remember if I already started a chain before taking out the cart though.

Anyway, I can check how it works for you in an hour or two.
>>
>>48423460
Think the game checks for a cart in dual slot either at game load or at map load, so taking it out would have done squat, it still assumed you had a game in there.
>>
>>48423295
sweet, thanks anon
>>
I can not fucking pick one to just stick to, I want them all.
Help me out, dubs picks which one I hunt. Please only pick from the top section, not the bottom few those are ones I can pretty much only chip away at day by day.
>>
34 hours and still no shiny Pichu.
Or shiny at all.

>>48423912
Since it's pre evo is on the same route I'm hunting and I'm apparently counteracting the worst of people's luck right now. My vote is on Vikavolt.
>>
>>48423932
I want to believe that, but if there's an unluckiest person here it's me. Vikavolt was one of my own personal top picks though, it's got an incredible shiny. Good luck on that Pichu. Full odds can be a complete bitch
>>
>>48423912
Do Salazzle:
you can easily get it, if you have the Cute Charm ability on a male pokemon.
>>
>>48424088
Wait really? Because you got dubs but it was off list. Buuut if cute charm guarantees the opposite gender I'd be okay with that. Only if it's a guarantee though. And even then I can only work at it with intense sun in the Stony wilderness so if I don't have that atm I can't start
>>
>>48423912
umbreon is my all time favourite and was my first ever shiny hunt so ill say him
>>
>>48424144
Nice, we got a winner. And I can do that one since Eevee is an over world spawn. Plus getting Eevee up to 500 encounters helps with Sylveon too so it's a double hitter
>>
>>48424143
It doesn't guarantee, but it boosts chances to about 66% of spawning the opposite gender
>>
>>48424183
if you have let's go, hunting there is super comfy. thats where i got my first set of shiny eeveelutions (the original umbreon included)

the salazzle did beat me though, so if you wanna do that go for it. cute charm isnt a guarantee but its good, and salazzle is a cool shiny.

id say do umbreon, but if you prefer salazzle then go for it :)
>>
File: chansey-battle.jpg (226 KB, 1280x720)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>48420648
Currently hunting Chansey in Sword and Shield
>How are you hunting it?
Using the KO method which i'm starting to think was a mistake. I used it before on Nickit but decided to give up after 15 hours and got it with Masuda Method instead in less than 3.
I only decided to give it another shot this time because of the EXP Chansey gives.
>Do you have any spooky hunts planned?
No.
>>
>>48424185
>>48424208
I don't think you understand how unlucky I am. 34% chance of missing is basically guaranteed in my world.

>>48424208
I do have let's go, but I had to get a new switch and unfortunately I only own it digitally atm so I'd have to restart from square one. I have been wanting to replay it and that gives me a good excuse because like you said it is a very comfy game to shiny hunt. Does Eevee spawn in the game? I don't remember, it's been a while since I played it
>>
>>48420695
nope.
>>
>>48424244
its an overworld spawn at base 5% on the former cycling road (route 16? 17%). as you chain though you see more and more, if you go to 40 or 50 they make up the majority of spawns on your screen. super comfy way to hunt
>>
>>48421299
>Want to start shiny hunting in X and Y casually in the Safari
>Boot up game last night
>Last time I beat the game I had an unimaginably bad team.
>Lot of pokemon missing from my pokedex.
it's gonna take a lot of work to get that charm isn't it?....
>>
>>48424257
Ohhh yeah I remember seeing them when I hunted for shiny Ponyta I know where you're talking about. That's tempting, it'd definitely be easier than in sword I think. Even with the time it'd take to get there
>>
>>48421438
It's tough. I didn't really get into it until ORAS because DexNav in that game imo makes it a lot of fun, like a game in a game. But for those who did full odds in previous games, or even MM egg hatching, they've got incredible patience. Hunting for shinies in Oras never took more than a week, ten days tops, except for feebas and I quit on that shit. Dexnavving on water gets virtually impossible after about 10-15 encounters into the chain.
>>
>>48424289
ive been hunting my second set of eeveelutions (for balltism and gendertism purposes) with MM in sword. some of them anyway. its a long story. but even gen 8 MM is substantially slower than the lets go hunt

itll be comfy, go for it!
>>
Curious if anyone would want to attempt hunting Zygarde with me in SwSh. It's kind of a nightmare to solo the raid boss.
>>
>>48424327
im not ready for more DA hunting, but ill wish you luck. ive done a few zygardes to try it so i know the struggle. i assume you know about wide guard and the importance of special ice attackers?
>>
>>48424327
>>48424346
I'm reminded that I've never really done any online raids. I should fix that.
>>
>>48424327
>>48424607
If there's three of us, it should be easier, right?
>>
>>48424143
I think with the armor island DLC there is a better spot for Salandit:
Challenge Road
>overworld spawn-rate of 16%
>any weather
>with cute charm female Salandits have a chance of 68.365%
and salazzle wasn't off-list, it was just waaaay down there.
>>
what are everyones thoughts of GO shinies? is the symbol on them a mark of shame? I just don't have time to do normal hunting a lot of the time and being at work and just whipping out my phone is so much better. obviously excluding event shinies that are just handed to you.
>>
>>48425194
If you enjoy them then that should be all that matters.
>>
>>48425194
They allow me to shiny hunt the shit I'm REALLY not fucked spending time in-game looking for, so that's good.
>>
>>48425194
It is. But I'm still going to use them to fill up a shiny living dex anyway because i'm not going to do a shiny hunt 3 separate times to fill up the same species.
>>
>>48425194
If it's gen 1 you can remove the mark by transferring them to Lets GO instead of directly to HOME.
>>
>>48425194
i certainly dont see them as “real shinies”
>>
>>48424285
Yeah probably.
I only had an easy time because I still have an old save.
iirc you can do almost all of the pokedex if you have XY and ORAS, but i did need to patch up some things with GTS, and that's broken now.
>>
>>48424285
Shiny charm has no effect on friend safari. It's 1/512 regardless
>>
>>48426222
>friend safari.
Nah the datamine revealed it does, it's just the same problem with other raised odds methods, that the +2 isn't as noticable when you're already +5. That's what? 40% improvement? Compared to a 300% improvement over full odds it's not as easy to tell.
>>
>>48426222
Good memory btw, that is exactly the odds we used to think friend safari was at.
>>
>>48423186
You can just change the day back and the weather should be the same.
I'm pretty sure weather is determined by the day, when i needed to get blissey to farm lucky eggs someone told me to change the day to april 30 or somehting and it worked.
>>
>>48426523
Maybe anon is a chad game purist who doesn't toggle through the weather and such.
>>
>>48426559
Does it count if you time travel back a day and don't touch the date on your switch?
>>
>>48424888
zygarde would still ultimately come down to rng - if you get a path with an ice-type/wide guarder or not

three humans and one AI is a lot better than one human and three AI though, because the AI sucks, so youd definitely have a better chance of making it *to* zygarde with most/all lives intact
>>
>>48425194
ive caught them in Go, i personally wouldnt transfer them to sword or wherever as i feel their abundance would cheapen my "rarer" shinies. community days are fun though, and if someone less autistic than me is happy transferring their hundreds of shinies into a switch game, then more power to them
>>
>>48426573
that's fair play in my book desu
>>
Anyone wanna help me trade evolve some shinies in swsh?
>>
>>48426698
I would if I had an online subscription still
>>
>>48426726
fair. Fucking gamefreak man, it's absurd that you have to pay for what is probably the worst online experience in the series.
Also they removed the gts and put it behind another paywall.
>>
How do you feel about glitching shinies? I think its a grey area personally. I mean it isn't a hunt, but if no external hardware is used and they're legal (obviously not legit) then I dont have a problem with it, if possible. Especially if you get fucked hard core by the rng overlords. Is it not real unless you spend hours/weeks/months of your precious time that baby jeebus gave you on earth hunting it?

I personally do it every time if its possible (like i said no external hardware such as cheating devices)
I've gotten burned on hunts and retired as a hunter. Now I'm le epic hacker man.
>>
>>48426791
Personally i don't care for them.
I've used a couple of glitches over time to get shinies and they don't feel legit to me and i prefer my legit shinies.
I like my completely random shinies more than any others for some reason. Hunted shinies feel inevitable, random ones are more serendipitous
>>
>>48426791
Like you said, no one could possibly view them as legit. If you find it novel, interesting, or challenging to test the capabilities of glitches, I can understand doing it. Otherwise I don't see the value in them at all. Only way I could is if the glitch itself was particularly risky and/or time consuming.
>>
>>48426814
Same. Nothing beats a random, unexpected shiny, especially at 1/8192 odds or even during the story of one of your games. Hunted shinies are great but nothing beats what the shiny gods bless you with.
>>
This is gonna be a super autismo post but eh
I had a pretty terrible gambling addiction a year ago and at the request of a friend he said I should try shiny hunting in Sword as a joke. Over the past year I've been enjoying it thoroughly as a substitute to the point that I've only spent about $20 on scratchers. Probably not the healthiest coping mechanism but I'm not really spending any cash on it.
Anyway sorry for the blog post
Ho-Oh
>How are you hunting it?
Dynamax Crown Tundra thingy
>Previous successes?
Recently got a sinistea, not an authentic one tho. Concerned if I'll send myself to hell for it in the future.
Ho-Oh is my big October hunt. If I get it soon I'll go after some more orange shinies.
>>
>>48426698
ill help you out anon

>>48426791
i wouldnt consider them "legit" shinies obviously, but i think there are some that look interesting and id like to try. the double transform ditto in gen 1, for example. i wouldnt consider it as valuable as my "real" shinies, but i think trying it would be a fun experience
>>
>>48426954
>ill help you out anon
Thanks
My link code is 3232 4444
>>
>>48426791
it's not really my scene, but i admit that i sent a coin cased mewtwo and mew up from gold to UM just because i could (hunted ho-oh and lugia in earnest though, even took photos of the encounters so no one could accuse me of glitching them). cheating in GSC is kind of retarded when you can hits odds as high as 1/64
>>
>>48426925
That's good anon. There's something to the high of a successful shiny hunt pulling you back in for more. Once you start doing it you really don't stop. It's just the first one or two that are the hardest, so people rarely get into it. Dynamax Adventures also hits the shiny sweet spot because you'll likely get a shiny every few attempts, but getting the legendary is still a respectable feat itself.

I recommend 100%ing the games themselves like getting the maxed out trainer card or completed dex for each game they're available. Very rewarding imo
>>
>>48427014
I glitched a shiny ditto for breeding but it was so easy it really devalued the shinies on got from that.
You can't cure autism unfortunately.
>>
>>48426954
>ill help you out anon
You still coming?
>>
>>48426991
shit im so sorry i forgot. signing on now if youre still around
>>
>>48427338
yeah i'm back on.
>>
>>48427347
really sorry. my flatmate came through angry at me about shit i didnt do and i totally forgot about stuff
>>
>>48427361
yeah it's fine. Shit happens,
>>
>>48427362
same code?
>>
>>48427366
Yeah
>>
>>48425194
just fat faggots who don't like to walk
if you want to train your GO shiny, feel free to do it
>>
>>48427371
searching now. if you (or anyone else here) want a legitimately bred rufflet lmk lol i have 1000
>>
>>48427382
Nah i'm good.
Also since i trade everything you send me back it'd be a hassle
>>
>>48427396
you can just trade the next shiny for the one im sending you back each time, if you want. would speed things up but idm either way, i got nowhere to be
>>
>>48427410
Oh yeah, i only got one more anyway
>>
>>48427382
i just realised i didnt specify the rufflet was competitively perfect and it looked like i was flexing the fact i didnt hack in and bred literally just a rufflet kek
>>
File: file.png (413 KB, 1280x720)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
>>48427410
Thanks man.
Porygon Z looks so good in gen 8, i'm so happy.
>>
File: PXL_20211014_025455912.jpg (1.46 MB, 3840x2160)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
I took photos of the evolution. Idk if you're the type who cares about those but I know some do so I figured id take photos anyway.

They're three great shinies, congrats anon
>>
File: PXL_20211014_025713221.jpg (1.7 MB, 3840x2160)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>
File: PXL_20211014_030003373.jpg (1.62 MB, 3840x2160)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>
>>48427442
>>48427450
>>48427461
Cheers man.
Thanks for thinking of that.
>>
>>48427437
no problem, glad youre happy :)
sorry if the photos were a bit much but i know some people like to see it; i have a friend who always makes me take photos every time i trade evolve shinies for her

sorry again for taking so long
>>
I'm legitimately about to end another night with no shiny.
>>
>>48420672
ask for an extension from your professor
>>
File: Shinytomb.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
Hatched this the other day at only 278 eggs
>>
Anyone else super against evolving your shiny? I cannot stand the idea that if I do I can never go back. I only do it if I absolutly cannot stand the pre-evo shiny look. example Galar Slowpoke to Slowbro
>>
>>48427920
depends on the pokemon
I never evolve my surskits or rowlets, and I have a shiny Magneton from my White 2 shiny badge quest. My platinum dream team will have a shiny magnezone though, so I guess it evens out.
>>
>>48427881
What a great shiny, congrats. I forgot that fucker was even in SWSH
>>
>>48427944
So did I. It was literally the last thing I needed to get to complete my dexes lmao
>>
>>48427665
youll get it eventually anon. long hunts suck but they make the shiny that much more satisfying when you get it
>>
>>48427920
Only if the evolved shiny's worse.
I'm never fucking evolving my barboach.
Shiny whiscash looks like shit compared to gold boy.
>>
>>48420648
I love your use of the image for the op. I don't know if you're that hunter, but I appreciated there post last thread acknowledging how hard it can be to frame and capture nice photos of our shiny pokemon in camp, let alone trying to capture the team in a photo. I enjoy it as it's own sport, it's a gratifying way to enjoy the fruits of my hunts.

Right now I'm hunting Rayquaza in a level ball in DA. I'm currently using this hunt as a distraction from my year long project of masuda methoding shiny fossils in my favorite balls while I look for the resources to continue those hunts. I don't intend to do any spooky hunts but the month is still young.

Enjoy hunting everyone, I'm enjoying this threads success.
>>
>>48429615
>>
3DS bros.. I hope you have rehid installed so you can shiny hunt with just one hand
>>
>>48420648
Still working on the hunt for a Shiny Dragalge with its Hidden Ability in UM that I started on Saturday.
>How are you hunting it?
SOS Chaining.
>Previous successes?
Hatched a Shiny Sableye in Sun yesterday.
The Sableye hunt that I previously mentioned.
Now that that hunt's over, I doubt I'll be able to hatch another Shiny before October's over.
Not sure what it would be if I could.
>>
>>48423912
I suggest my favourite Rock-type, Sudowoodo.
>>
>>48429763
Never mind.
Didn't realize you already made your choice.
>>
>>48429763
>>48429831
It's all good, I'm still taking other suggestions into consideration for what I go for after the eeveelution(s). Sudowoodo quickly became my third favorite rock type after my last HG playthrough, rock head ability with wood hammer on that bad boy is one hell of a combo. Too much fun and it's a great shiny too
>>
It's been a while since last time I hunted for anything, but I come to these threads daily. The activity here is making me want to hunt again. I'm tempted to continue with my bug hunt.
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (34 KB, 800x600)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>Long weekend starts tonight
>Free schedule so I can hunt for three days straight
>Can't stop playing Vic2 because constantly phasing has killed my motivation to hunt
Why is it like this bros....
>>
I just found out shinies from previous gens can be square shinies.
Neat
>>
>>48429673
I've never heard of this rehid; what is it?
>>
>>48431117
Lets you remap every button on your 3DS
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-rehid-button-remapping-for-3ds.585387/
I like mapping ZR to soft resetting the game or ZL to push the run button on my touchpad
>>
>>48429673
>>48431131
>Unofficial button remapping
You might as well be injecting your shiny.
>>
>>48420648
any pokéradar requests in DPPt? I'm bored and will anything as long as I haven't already done it
>>
>>48431395
Tyrogue
>>
>>48431395
togepi
>>
File: fishing.jpg (54 KB, 1200x675)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>48420648
I completely forgot that Chain Fishing was a shiny hunting method that the pokemon website advertised.
Has anyone gotten shinies via this method or does literally no one use it?
>>
>>48431395
budew.
>>48432264
i think all gen 8 chain fishing does is increase the chance of pokemon with that yellow aura surrounding it, i've never heard of it being able to boost shiny odds.
>>
>>48432293
>i think all gen 8 chain fishing does is increase the chance of pokemon with that yellow aura

Yup, this
>>
File: gen 6.jpg (60 KB, 400x502)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
Alright, 7 years later I finally finished my Gen 6 Pokedex Quest and got the Shiny Charm. What do I Masuda Method with my 4-iv French Ditto to celebrate?
>>
>>48432094
>>48432156
>>48432293
Crap I thought no one replied to this. I'll do all 3 now
>>
Got the next member of my shiny team, managed to get a female too. Not sure what to evolve her into, Espeon is one of my favourites but I hate the puke green and Umbreon has been too disgraced by furries for me to want to use any more.
>>
>>48433182
god damn sideways posting
>>
>>48433182
how do you do that exactly? I've never done a shiny run, Is it you keep resetting till you get your starter and then you try to get one each route?
>>
>>48433182
Could trade to Sinnoh and get a Glaceon
>>
File: Untitled.png (20 KB, 398x263)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>48433222
I thought about that but shiny Leafeon/Glaceon are barely different so it doesn't seem worth it

>>48433220
one guy is doing it that for every gym badge he catches a shiny, im just doing a general team shiny run, i just hunt for the next member I want when I come to them
>>
>>48432489
>7 years
Bro….
Please tell me this was an extremely casual side project
>>
Alright, thanks to the OP, I went to Frost Cavern to try and sweet scent some vanillite and a cubchoo - just found my first vanillite (need 2 total).
>>
>>48433240
alrighty anon, sounds good
>>
>>48433220
>>48433240
I’m one of the autists doing a badge quest.
Basically you get a shiny for every gym, so you’re starter in the first gym, you find another one for gym 2 and so on
>>
>>48433134
So got to 26 and 38 on Tyrogue before breaking each time. Thought my basedtizm would pull me through this but I am suspending this until further notice
>>
>>48433240
Shiny glaceon is basically just what glaceon should have looked like.
It looks like a shiny in all the anime scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a60VKNRgl3s
>>
>>48431131
that sounds super useful, ill have to look into it. thanks anon
>>
>>48432489
unless you don't have swsh, mm is an inferior shiny hunting method to just random encounters with shiny charm. You can encounter pokemon at a rate of around 3-4 time faster than you can hatch them, so the 1/512 MM rate is kind of shit compared to 1/1300ish.
For XY you also have the options of friend safari and hordes, which are great casual ways to get shinies, and poke radar which is also great but more attention demanding.
>>
File: 1623455438208.png (37 KB, 626x620)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>Catch a legendary using the Crown Tundra raid
>Hear about how you can only catch a single one of them per game
>Get spooked, read a little more
>Find out you can keep encountering them on raids
>Assume it was just bullshit
>Catch a few more legendaries
>MFW I find out that the ones you already catch will just run away even if they show up
Why the fuck is this a part of the game?
>>
>>48435411
What's your problem? did you think you could get 90 suicunes in one game or something?
Think mark.
>>
>>48435421
I assumed either they'd just stop appearing or they'd still appear and make you choose between the one you just caught and the one in your boxes/party. Not have one appear and then run away like a bitch. Also if they're trying to stop wonder trade from being flooded with shit they failed considering how many scam site promotion shiny legendaries I get bombarded with whenever I use it.
>>
>>48435411
You can just make another Switch profile and go right the Tundra. Once you get to wild area too you can link to home and just bring good Mons over from your main profile.
>>
Apparently if a square shiny copies the appearance of a star shiny, it will also copy the star shiny animation.
... Well i thought it was interesting.
>>
>>48435341
ooh I'll try looking for a shiny lapras to master ball in a safari zone. Was asking specifically about breeding because I wanted to get a nicely natured/iv'd shiny for once. Haven't gotten one(except for a very lucky Rillaboom I was breeding for vgc) since I abused TSV in 2014.

>>48433860
My first time completing a dex since FRLG, been working on it since August on and off. I meant that I'd bought the game 7 1/2 years ago -_-
>>
>>48435507
What do you mean, like a shiny ditto using transform?
>>
>>48435705
Nah shiny zorua using illusion.
>>
File: Team 3.png (21 KB, 640x480)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>48420648
>>What are currently you hunting?
Heracross/Aipom in Azalea Town
>>How are you hunting it?
Headbutt Method, currently at 2700 RE
>>Previous successes?
Quagsire after 1500 encounters, also two Spearows trying to find Heracross/Aipom
>>Do you have any Spooky hunts planned for Halloween?
I really wanted to hunt Rotom/Spiritomb/Driftloom/Giratina this Halloween but sadly haven't found a shiny starter on Diamond/Platinum yet. Might do Ghastly or Zubat in SS.

Also what gives, why is nobody posting the greentext anymore?
>>
trying to play Heartgold Golden edition, xdelta is not letting me patch it
>>
>>48433182
I'd go with vaporeon. In your team there are no water mons so far and at least it's a noticeable shiny color in comparison with glaceon and leafeon. Vaporeon has pretty nice stats so it can become easily your MVP.
>>
>>48430756
Yeah my gen 5 event Hydreigon is square. I was wondering if it's just mine or is the whole event square.
>>
>>48437334
I think event shinies are all square.
I checked 4 of them and they all were at least.
But non event previous gens really tend to be star shinies, i've only had 2 out of 20 i've checked end up square
>>
>>48437399
If that's the case, sounds like the RNG for effects is still working. All my past-Gen shinies I moved up so far have been stars, except the ones found in LGPE or GO.
>>
>>48437405
There's definitely something going on.
I tested some more, about 30ish more shinies, i dunno, and a few ended up square but i noticed some trends to explain most of them. first of all, every shiny from the vitrual console gen 2 games i checked was square. that includes 3 cloned eevees, tyranitar and the obligatory gyarados. I think it's pretty likely that all shinies from VC are square. as for the rest there was a noticeable trend towards newer gens.
For gen 6 both the XY poke radar shinies I have were square, but i hesitate to make a call on that. i have 11 other XY shinies and 1 is square, one of the 4 cubchoo. And a dexnav zorua from ORAS is square, but not a dexnav bagon. I also have 3 MM shinies from gen 6, none are square.
I have about 10 gen 4 shinies, none of them were square, it may be that you can't get squares from gen 4, but with that sample size i hesitate to make that call. I don't have any shinies from gen 5 or 7 unfortunately so i can't check those.
>>
File: JoopAdsjh4cVR8-o.webm (2.01 MB, 1280x720)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB WEBM
>>48437405
Also for some reason i can't see anything on my shuckle. I think it's a star shiny based on the color but the camera moved in too close and the stars are flying offscreen.
I doubt it's some kind of weird no effect shiny that no one's seen yet.
>>
>>48437503
Oh i see it now, there's a single star behind his head there for a second.
>>
>>48437503
Could just be because the opponent's a tiny fucker as well. maybe go to Wild Area and test it against the bridge field snorlax?
>>
File: FBvUye3UUAAvHSj.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>48437566
Yeah that helped.
The angles still right up its butt but it's shifted a bit so you can see a star.
>>
Fourty.
Fourty fucking hours and literally zero shinies.
>>
>>48429615
I like the peeking in pose of archeops.
>>
>>48437645
how are you searching?
>>
File: friday night.gif (836 KB, 280x161)
836 KB
836 KB GIF
>friday

get the fuck in here shinychads
>>
>>48433939
Happy weekend. Going back in lads. I'm ashamed I gave up yesterday
>>
>>48437911
Broke at 38 again but it's my fault for grabbing a patch next to one random empty patch...
>>
>>48437673
Full odds in UM. Now that I actually looked up some of the shinies I could have seen, I realize there's a decent chance I might have seen at least one shiny ledyba by now and just missed it being shiny due to how fucking close the two look.
>>
What should I horde hunt next in OrAs?
Got Sandshrew last year, and Numel and Koffing last night.
Was tempted to go for Slugma but I know that's just gonna land me a duplicate.
>>
>>48438708
Gonna land me a duplicate of Numel and Koffing I mean since most of the horde encounters in the area with Slugma are those two.
>>
File: 1612433091421.png (253 KB, 860x768)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
I'm losing hope friends
>>
>>48438742
dont give up anon! you can do it
>>
bump
>>
>>48432094
>Tyrogue
So it is written, so it is done.
you have no idea how long this took
>>
File: Turt & birb.png (3.88 MB, 3661x1257)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB PNG
>>48420648
>What are you currently hunting?
I like how many people copied this without correcting the syntax.
I was hunting Porygon in Soul Silver for the past month, but it doesn't seem like I'll be getting 4 shinies for my SBQ within the 365 days after starting it, so now I'm gonna work on my platinum Dream Team. I think spiritomb is the next one on my list I have access to
>How are you hunting it?
Soft Resets
>Previous successes?
Turtwig, Kricketot phase 1, Starly
Just Spiritomb in platinum.
>>
>>48438742
I'm at 45 hours on this Pichu, I know how you feel.
>>
>>48437663
It's crazy the personality and behavior created in some of the camp animations.
>>
>>48439934
So I wanted to give some statistics for these three during my radar hunt. All were caught after 40 chain and each took the following number of radar resets:
1. 136
2. 11
3. 326

That's an average of about 158. Now I've done other chains that I will admit probably on average take less time than this, but the point is, I don't think the commonly cited stat of 2.0% chance of shiny/4 patch radar blast is correct. I think it's at the most 1%.

Also admittedly I've gotten many Pokemon below 40 chain, even a Beldum at a chain of 4, so it's not that bad.
>>
>>48432156
You sir are up next
>>
>>48438547
I had that problem with gabite.
No idea if i missed one of those, but even if i did, nothing of value was lost.
>>
File: mUWaqas.png (118 KB, 800x600)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>48420648
>What are you currently hunting?
Trying to get a 2nd Galarian Corsola before the month's over. At the same time, I'm starting a Sinistea hunt.
>How are you hunting it?
Both via Masuda in Sword.
>Previous successes?
First my first Corsola a few days ago after finishing my Galarian Yamask hunt.
Every hunt up to now has been strictly Halloween, and depending on RNG, it could last until Christmas.
>>
Articuno in Gen 1
>How are you hunting it?
RNG Manip
>Previous successes?
The other two birds
Duoblade
>>
>>48441843
what the fuck, you can rng abuse gen 1?
>>
>>48441860
Meant to say ACE, nto RNG manip but its the same level of vodoo bullshit either way
>>
>>48441860
Of course you can, it's gen 1.
You can manipulate memory values in gen 1.
I've seen people get perfect IV pokemon and no random encounters in dark cave for speed running, dunno how you use that for shinies though
>>
File: fGmdqa7F.jpg (53 KB, 400x400)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>got shiny female dusclops doing dynamax adventures
>reminded of that cursed thread a year ago and don't want to evolve it
>>
>>48420648
Hoppip in LG, have ~17,000 encounters on my save rn and haven't seen a shiny at all :(
>How are you hunting it?
REs with an illuminate lead
>Previous successes?
Lotad in Emerald
Nah
>>
>>48442130
The grandma one?
>>
>>48442192
>illuminate lead
Huh, i thought all the outside battle effects got introduced in emerald.
Interesting.
>>
>>48442261
Illuminate is the one thing that worked prior to Emerald, as all it does is increase the encounter rate
>>
>>48442276
Kind of sad how it have no in battle effect and its niches has been stolen by more generally useful abilities like arena trap.
>>
File: 20211002_053607.jpg (435 KB, 2205x2450)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
starting off my first hunt easy with zigzagoon- i've never had luck with masuda methoding in the past so here's hoping this will be the gen. happy friday, friends!
>>
File: go pokemama.jpg (68 KB, 640x853)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>48442216
Yeah lol

Speaking of which, I'm willing to trade it if anyone wants it (w/ or w/o reaper cloth, your nickname choice, etc). Would be nice to get a shiny in return, but I mainly want to use the opportunity to evolve my shiny Seadra and Kadabra.
>>
>>48442310
I'll help you evolve things if you want.
Don't want any shinies for it though, i prefer to get my own shinies
>>
>>48442323
Fair enough, I'll have my link code set to my post number.
>>
>>48442323
>>48442372
Thanks anon
>>
Haven't played in a while. Bout to start shiny breeding again on Sword. Balltism suggestions?
>>
>>48442428
Here's the recordings
https://twitter.com/lief12503/status/1449202313978019840
https://twitter.com/lief12503/status/1449202114572402699
If you want screenshots and don't wan tto be assed downloading the vids just let me know
>>
>>48442436
Balltism is a personal thing.
People seem to go crazy for apricorn balls but i think most of them look like shit.
Also pokeball animations are subject to change so you might get fucked.
Repeat ball looks good on shiny lucario in gen 6 but now it has the ugly circle arrows and i'm a little annoyed.
>>
About to get a PC which can emulate Switch, should I shiny hunt in Let's Go or Sw/Sh?

(Also generally which is better to play because I know both are contentious)
>>
>>48441452
>3 ultra balls
anon.....
>>
File: RTOKT5re3cz9AMYT.webm (1.46 MB, 960x540)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB WEBM
>>48442572
Does that trigger you?
Here's a greatball glaceon.
>>
>>48442627
padre, perdónalos, porque no saben lo que hacen
>>
Failing a bunch of high chain Togepi. Today's not my lucky day
>>
>>48442572
sorry anon I'm new and not balltistic yet
>>48442645
kek
>>
>>48442645
Oh yeah? you like that?
Here's a modest pokeball Azuril.
(it's not even an egg hatch, i actually caught it like that on purpose)
>>
File: file.png (353 KB, 1280x720)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>48442693
whoops
>>
>>48442494
Let's Go you can shiny hunt more easily earlier
SWSH shiny hunting gets quick after dex completion in the dynamax lairs
SWSH is definitely the better game
>>
>>48442301
Yeah, it'd be neat if it did something else too. Maybe have it act like intimidate but for accuracy (1 stage though, not 2)? Kind of like its flashing your opponent at the start since flash 'illuminates' dark spaces
>>
>>48442485
My personal favorite are dive balls. Definitely would like to get an Articuno in one.
>>
>>48442697
I'm actually only baltistic for pokeballs, not matching balls like others.
So this image is incredibly based.
>>
>>48442714
that'd be way too overpowered. 1 stage of accuracy is worth a lot
Maybe a 10% accuracy debuff like bright powder would be alright though
>>
>>48442728
Yeah, something like that. Obviously it'd have to be balanced, but I do think that would fit the flavor of the ability.
>>
File: z3LZZD4qcMb6SV7c.webm (1.69 MB, 960x540)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB WEBM
>>48442727
Alright then try this.
It's my Masterball Metagross
>>
File: 1633978786052.gif (142 KB, 300x283)
142 KB
142 KB GIF
>hunting golett
>run into an unseen salandit
>its shiny AND female
>FAIL
feels bad, very bad i shoulda kept throwing balls but i thought i could whittle diwn its health and one shot it.
i took a screenshot but its still on my switch and i just wanna pubch myself in the balls.
soshould i reset the counter or keep it going i was at 2445 REs
>>
>>48442968
well i fucked up the screenshot. I took it when the camera changed angles so you can only see my mon.
i wanna continue hunting but the over all feeling of :
this hunt could be over already
and
you could have a good shiny mon
Is just too much not to mention this is like the first time i failed a shiny and its because im a dumbass
>>
>>48443297
note that the catch icon is because back when i was hunting bounsweet i would wonder trade any females i found
>>
>>48443297
and because venting is making me feel better here us the screenshot in question.
thats it from me for now, gonna get a few more hours of attempts in
thanks for listening
>>
interesting. i just discovered i can reset my friend code so i can retry for different friend safaris on my other 3ds.
Friend safari is uncancelled boys.
>>
is the poochyena in the ORAS dexnav tutorial shiny locked?
>>
>>48443524
Looks like it
>>
>>48443523
just got a duosion abra espurr.
Which is nice, i wanna hunt espurr and duosion and i wouldn't be mad with a shiny abra.
If you have any requests let me know because it'll be gone for good once i reset it.
>>
>>48443545
hold on i got duosion abra espurr again. i think friend safari is recancelled.
>>
>>48443570
I got something different after signing into the internet first and getting a friend code. that's the 3rd different one.
>>
>>48443537
oh well guess ill SR for anorith to be my starter
>>
>>48443650
You better
>>
File: CTpPno9WcAAdFO_.jpg (19 KB, 320x423)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>doing masuda method with shiny charm
>get shiny Honedge after just 5 eggs
>move on to the next one feeling confident off the incredible luck
>get shiny Shinx after ~2,700 eggs
>>
>>48443893
Well here's the important question, what pokeball are they in? Luxury for the Aegislash?
>>
File: 1588918645631.jpg (1.63 MB, 4032x3024)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>48442572
>>48442627
I can beat that.
>>
>>48432156
Order up: One Togepi, over hard
>>48432293
Next up
>>
>>48444440
Luxury for Aegis. With Luxray, I went with Ultra initially but switched to Level about 800 eggs in when I realized my mistake.
>>
File: 1634397373088.jpg (19 KB, 357x357)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>48438742
This is the worst hunt I've ever done
>>
>>48432293
Shiny Budew, how d'ya do?
>>
>>48429710
I first started this SOS Chain for a Hidden Ability Shiny Dragalge on October 9th.
I've only seen three Shinies so far from this chain, all with their regular Abilities, the last one appearing on October 12th.
It is now October 16th, seven days later and the last Shiny I've seen from this chain was a whole four days ago.
As always, Shiny hunting is suffering.
>>
>>48445630
The journey is the destination anon. Enjoy your suffering. Become one with it. That is the key.
>>
>>48433182
>>48436440
I ended up going with Espeon, still not a fan of the puke green but at least the overworld sprite looks good. I don’t mind Vaporeon but I hate the “water Pokemon becomes a pink shiny” meme plus I’m going for Kingler to cover my water side anyway
>>
File: Shiny Charmander.png (264 KB, 400x720)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
Got my little guy after 2 days of breeding, only 289 eggs for a perfect little Mega Charizard X. Gonna go for Pink-A-Cross next.
>>
>>48446563
he happy :)
>>
File: 1629859938562.jpg (122 KB, 1153x738)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>48446563
>Dive Ball
>>
Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.
Catching via chaining in Lets Go Eevee.
Am I being retarded and is there is a better method?
>>
>>48446674
Shiny Zard X is blue...
>>
Electrike in Platinum
>How are you hunting it?
Pokéradar
>Previous successes?
Budew
Togepi
Tyrogue x3
Surskit
Natu
Makuhita
Bagon
Hoothoot (full odds)
Beldum
Glameow
Teddiursa
Stantler
Starly x2
Shinx
Ponyta (full odds)
Not yet, but I'll let you know soon.
>>
>>48420648
Shiny Cranidos in Platinum

>How are you hunting it?
RNG manipulation, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out the right timing. I know my TID and SID and I found the boy I want, I'm just trying to get the timing right and figure out what does and doesn't cause frame advancements.

Also, everyone please give a fat "fuck you" the turning bitch in the mining museum. Even if I get everything else perfect, I still have to quickly pull up the menus or else she'll ruin the set-up. She makes things extra difficult and I don't know how to account for her turns.

Either there's not enough info online for how to RNG manip fossils or I haven't found it yet. All I've seen so far are Manipulationlets resetting for hours and hours like total retards for streamerbux.

>Previous successes?
I have Cute Charm glitch running for the whole cart and I love it. Almost nothing is a hunt as long as it's in the wild and can be female.

No, I'm pretty busy the rest of this month and I'm doing this fossil hunt on a whim.
>>
Kartana in Ultra Sun
>How are you hunting it?
SRing
>Previous successes?
Just jumped into a random raid and got a Male Ralts

Before that, Swellow in Ultra Sun.

I might go after Phantump again. I had one before, but evolved it.
>>
File: 93471566_p3.jpg (1.11 MB, 2894x2894)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
holy based
>>
File: 93471566_p4.jpg (2.08 MB, 2894x2894)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>
>>48447543
Update, I read somewhere if she turns that counts as 1 frame advancement, so at least I know what that does.

What I don't know is if going through the textbox advancements counts as advancing frames or not. I see several sources saying gift mons/fossils have a starting frame of 1, but I don't know if that means I need to be hunting mons that only have 1 advancement or what. It's not clear here.
>>
>>48420648
Spearow in Go, Pichu in Sun

>How are you hunting it?
Spearow just by tapping on everyone I see before the Fall Season ends and it’s probably gone until next year. Pichu by SOS chaining with Shiny Charm.

>Previous successes?
Kenya the Spearow in VC Silver. Surprisingly only took two resets.

Getting a Shuppet, Yamask, Hat Drifblim/Piplup/Pikachu and/or Spiritomb in Go would be nice, but not as crazy for them as Spearow.
>>
>>48438742
what if all along, you were not looking for the shiny rowlet. the shiny rowlet has been looking for you.
>>
File: 93060653_p0.jpg (1.91 MB, 1600x1900)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
Saturated Pichu, please come to me.
I can't take it anymore. I want to move on and I can't.
>>
>>48447813
You aren't trying your best and you know it.
>>
>>48447834
I don't know how much harder I can try when I'm spending most of every spare bit of time I have hunting
>>
>>48447865
Hmmm, are you truly believing in yourself?
>>
>>48447640
Another update,
I don't think the text advances the frames, but now it's just a matter of figuring out timing and what advancements I am supposed to take.

The timing is really the hardest part now, trying to figure out what my delay is.
>>
Sports Ball HA Litten
>How are you hunting it?
MM
>Previous successes?
Safari Ball HA Riolu and Pichu
No. Maybe a balltism Phantump or Pumpkaboo if Litten doesn't take too long
>>
>>48446506
Yeah it's kind of a shame eevee doesn't have many good shinies.
Umbreon's great but not very useful in story mode.
>>
>>48447543
based museum attendant, dabbing on cheaters
>>
>>48447543
Would the rng in gen4 fuck me if I did A regular soft reset fossil hunt?
I wanna get 5 fossils, revive them all, check for shiny, reset. Would that be a problem?
>>
>>48448362
No.
To sum it up in Gen 4 everytime you start your game shiny frames are determined based on the time and date, as long as your soft resetting these frames won't change.
>>
>>48448456
All good.
Just realised i can't transfer it to sword and shield which kills it for me for some reason.
>>
>>48448221
kek
>>
>>48448501
BDSP's out in a month.
>>
>>48448552
Yeah but i don't really care about that.
Looks like garbage
>>
alright anons i need a little help. im doing my first ever shiny hunt in X (phantump for halloween) and im struggling to understand the logic of a good shaking patch

i know in gen 4 distance is the ultimate determinant, with 4 tiles being almost guaranteed. in gen 6 though i understand speed of shaking plays a role? which should i prioritise, distance or shaking? or should i just continue to reset until i have one thats both 4 tiles away and shaking fast?
>>
>>48449267
both.
Just reset the radar if the 4 away isn't shaking very hard or there is no 4 away.
>>
>>48449327
got it, thanks anon
>>
got a good chain going and then retarded out and ran for no reason. sigh
>>
>>48449427
i almost ran from a shiny after RE hunting for too long.
I hesitated and didn't press the touchscreen hard enough for it to register but i totally touched the run button.
>>
File: 1405296122738.jpg (327 KB, 768x576)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
once im done with this golett halloween hunt im gonna recover that salazzle
you can alphaBET on it
>>
>>48449906
>you can alphaBET on it
Why would I?
>>
>>48449945
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/478669
>>
>>48447695
Rowlet is one blind motherfucker then
>>
>>48450044
Owls are well known for their poor eyesight.
>>
any got any advice for ghost shinies via S.O.S. chaining?

I have a pangoro with scrappy and false swipe, but these shuppets keep killing themselves with curse. I'm not too sure what to do about it
>>
>>48420778
I bought an omega ruby about a year ago, though i dont know if gamestop has purged their 3ds games yet.

It's available digitally too
>>
>>48450317
Just put them to sleep and pray.
That or embargo
>>
>>48450394
>That or embargo
Wait, that's not the right move. Imprison is what I meant.
>>
>>48450400
I guess i can try it. I had the patience to get a female salandit, I can muster it for this grind too
>>
>>48450410
desu, i wouldn't bother false swiping.
As long as you can sleep it and it isn't a beldum, you can catch most pokemon at full health in 2 or 3 balls.
Low health is really not that important to catch rate. 1hp and 40% hp are about the same, and full hp sleep is the same as 1hp (or 40% hp)
>>
>>48450417
well how low do I need to get the hp so itll call for help? Its more for that and not so much for easing its capture
>>
>>48450426
Oh right, i forgot how S.O.S chaining worked
ignore me.
>>
>>48445692
Well, if I don't make a mistake and accidentally end it early, I'm giving it another week.
If I get to another Saturday with no Shinies appearing, I'm going to consider the chain's become corrupted in some way and end it myself.
>>
My first Dynamax Adventures Shiny.
>>
>>48450849
based. Mine was Moltres
>>
File: 1604871251058.webm (1.1 MB, 1280x720)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB WEBM
>>
>>48450905
kino

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.