[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Route801Recolor2WIP.png (453 KB, 1198x799)
453 KB
453 KB PNG
Actual thread edition

ROM Hacking:
>Notable ROM hacks: https://pastebin.com/HeuBkBT7 (embed)
>Making a ROM hack: https://pastebin.com/fjGZfMzP (embed)
>Gen 4-7 tools: https://pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR (embed)
>Disassemblies/Decompilations: https://github.com/pret/
>US Platinum source: https://github.com/gainax3/retsam_00jupc

Pokémon Essentials
>Download (v19.1): https://www.mediafire.com/file/ahqbs30v7mvnx2i/
>Changelog: https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Change_log
>Wiki: https://essentialsdocs.wikia.com/wiki/Essentials_Docs_Wiki

Assets:
>Tilesets:https://www.mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy%27s+DS+Style+Tilesets+RMXP+.rar
>Archived asset library:https://rheg.booru.org/
>WIP Gen 5 tiles:https://imgur.com/a/CiudS
>FireRed in RPG Maker:https://reliccastle.com/resources/193/

Notable fan game communities:
>https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289
>https://reliccastle.com/

Previous thread: >>48379029
>>
bumping until people realize the other thread is garbage
>>
Are any of you guys actually working on games? All I ever see on here are incomplete maps and ideas
>>
>>48410482
That looks really nic-
>The grass color on the flowers box
Nevermind.
>>
>>48410586
making games is hard please understand
>>
>>48410586
that's because the people working on fully fledged projects post their progress in places that don't have a freezer temp iq
>>
>>48410586
Small indie studio.
>>
>>48410649
>>48410653
>>48410678
Bums
>>
>>48410599
It's still a work in progress, I'm too indecisive on the colors
>>
File: masuda15.png (798 KB, 739x595)
798 KB
798 KB PNG
>>48410683
>>48410482
Mr. Masuda and I completely understand the struggle of these fine young developers.
>>
File: ishihara.png (119 KB, 400x225)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>48410694
>>48410586
I'm indecisive in the concept.

I'm trying to make an Essentials game with the actual theme of Gotta Catch Them All. The story is that a new island (like Mirage Island) was discovered all of a sudden, as if it had emerged from thin air. You are the champion of the Hoenn region that Professor Birch called to help him explore the region, discover the Pokémon that inhabit there (by capturing them) and catalogue at least most of the areas. You'll actually be bringing a Level 50 starter with you. There you'll find a remnant of Team Aqua that got stranded in the island and are trying to rebuild.
They are the villains of the game and they have already uncovered what is going on (there is a legendary Pokémon there, the 'box legendary' is Mew), which they'll try to use to transform into Kyogre and start the world flood.

It will be like Mirage Island expanded. The idea is that instead of gyms and travelling through cities, you'll explore these islands and find the triggers for these 'event' Pokémon. Once beaten and once you have catalogued at least 45% of the island's species (the more Pokémon you register in the Pokedex, the more regions that are unlocked to explore), you can get to the end game event where you have to rush against Team Aqua and stop them from catching Mew and creating their own world-ending Leviathan.

I'm beginning the works but I don't think players will be entertained. It is supposed to be a 10 to 12 hours experience.

It feels like I am making a huge Safari Zone instead of a game, and I think the number of events (such as finding a hole in the trees, entering and finding a Snorlax sleeping inside) are far too many. But it has to be like this otherwise players might not spot them and this will stop them from getting to the end of the game.
>>
>>48410748
that's actually a good concept, and that's coming from somebody who usually hates games that deviate completely from the usual formula
>>
>>48410748
It's not bad in concept, depending on how much freedom you want to give the player you could have all of the islands/boss pokemon be accessible at anytime and make it so every few you complete unlocks the next part of your story, only needing maybe like half to get the team aqua ending. This way people can discover and play through the story naturally and if they beat it early they can still explore and finish capturing all the mons.
>>
>>48410748
how many species do you plan to have in total?
>>
>>48410482
Holy shit, you actually did it OP. You made me a happy schizo.
>>
>>48410748
The concept sounds cool! How do you define "events" in that last paragraph? Like scripted cutscenes or something or the technical term?
>>
>>48410857
I want to have at least 40 encounters to be 'special'. Not simply walking around the bush and see what comes out.

Per example, there will be an event in the first area that the player can trigger if they reach the center of the jungle. There the game will freeze, there'll be a cutscene, the player will find a Pinsir having an epic battle with a Heracross.

The player can then 'pick' a side. The Pokémon that they help (Heracross or Pinsir) will willingly join the team. The Pokémon that the player does not choose will have to be captured through normal means or, should the player knock it out before capture or fail the battle, the player will lose the chance to get the Pinsir as it won't be available in the wild.

These events are almost all scripted. Some are just hidden areas, such as the hole between the trees with a Snorlax sleeping inside.

My dream goal is to have a day/night cycle and have different events trigger. Per example, I wanted to have some horror-themed events like going to an area that you've visited during the day but then triggering an event where a Hypnos is dragging a bunch of baby Pokémon (like the Pokedex says it kidnaps children).

I want at least 50 encounters with the wild Pokémon to be somewhat magical, more true to the Pokédex.

>>48410826
>>48410790
>>48410788
I'm planning on having at least 50 Pokémon that are associated with special events as I've defined above, plus 200. No fakémons.

The idea is that for players to access the end game area, they'd need at least 70 to 75 registered Pokémon in the 'Island Dex'.

I think it is fair, so players won't be 'moving' around bushes a lot and will instead be looking for these events that gives them Pokédex-themed pokémon encounters.

There'll also be some ruins of an old civilization that existed in this island, so we can get some ghost, electric and metal Pokémon around.
>>
>>48410948
Fishing, headbutting trees, rock smash, sweet scent and other tricks to find wild Pokémon would also be useful to find unique Pokémon that can't be found through events / random encounters.
>>
>>48410948
so i see you're aiming for around 250 species in total? you've got to make this island (or region) of yours to be huge to accommodate all the species
>>
>>48410857
>>48410790
>>48410788
Thank you for the tip.

I want to be merciful and not require much Pokémon capturing, but I also want the experience of capturing itself to be fun instead of a chore of endless random encounters in an area.
>>
>>48410974
I'm still not sure about the total number.

200 is counting the evolutionary lines, however.

I am planning to have a good variety of biomes. A forest in the beginning, a volcanic cavernous area, a swamp leading to the ruins of an old civilization. I was also toying with the idea of having an underwater area with shipwrecks but I could not find the assets to make that. I'm still toying with the idea of underwater exploration because it'd be super cool to solve a little puzzle and then find like a huge overworld Wailord and get to actually fight it and try to catch it. Also an ice mountain in the opposite side of the volcano. It'd be lore-wise that the Pokémon at the peak of both mountains are rivals.

I think it is cool. Besides Mew, I want Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno to be the legendary available in the game. I also wanted Heatran to be like a super, super secret event that the player can also find in the volcano. I don't know how tired I will be once I finish the first biome + scripts, so I might need to curb my ambition.
>>
>>48411005
good luck anon, keep us posted on your progress
if you never finish it i'll be more than happy to make (or continue) it as a romhack
>>
>>48410482
How is Star Sapphire? I want to replay Alpha Sapphire but with teeth and more options, and that hack seems to have both.
>>
>>48410788
>>48410790
>>48410857
Thank you all for the encouragement, by the way.
>>
>>48411022
Feel free to try and make it as a rom hack.

I just wanted to make a Pokémon game that I always wanted to play, kind of like Pokémon Snap without the Snap part, just catching Pokémon.

If you make it, even if as a rom hack, it'd be more than happy to play it.

The support in this thread made me feel encouraged to continue.
>>
File: smile.jpg (23 KB, 376x376)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
*ahem*
If your ""challenging"" rom hack doesn't have
>inability to use potions in trainer battles
>level caps
>forced Set
>minimal grinding mode
then I'm not going to play it.

Simple as
>>
>>48411164
these really should be mandatory for all games that claim to be challenge hacks.
no full restore stalling, no grinding 2 win as opposed to fixing your team and movepool, no getting free switches, and optionally being able to account for all the random statistical variation the games have without spending 45+ min per new pokemon you want to use.

can't go back to early drayano shit anymore even though I enjoyed them at the time
>>
>>48411164
Switch battle mode but the enemy can Switch too, for peak kino
>>
Thoughts on inclement emerald?
>>
Mum told me to get a real job so I have to put my hack on hiatus
Feels bad bros
>>
>>48411349
Just get a work from home gig
>>
>>48411313
About as good as Radical Red. It sets itself apart with more double battles.
>>
I’m looking for a specific ROM hack. It was apparently created by an Anon and it’s supposed to be a pretty difficult game. The title screen has a blue background. It’s named something like “Pokémon Oceania.”
>>
>>48411164
based
>>
>>48411436
i bet its pokemon ocandia which was made by a literal dogfucker
>>
>>48411436
it's probably ocandia. search for it on twitter. i don't recommend it
>>
>>48411164
>>minimal grinding mode
this is literally only relevant for giga autistic shit like drayano, kaizo, radred and reborn.
>>
>>48411436
>>48411461
>>48411463
the game isn't very good even outside of the fact it's creator is a self-absorbed autist that steals assets from people with actual talent
>>
>>48411164
clover does have all of them
>>
>>48411463
Yup it is
I thought it was a ROM hack
>>
File: cmrcKD3.png (177 KB, 1600x800)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Did i do good
>>
>>48411601
the big rock path on top is pretty boring, but that's more a consequence of the tileset than the actual mapping I think
good job
>>
>>48411582
did they really add a Minimal Grinding mode?
as in, perfect IVs on everything you catch, freely changeable natures since the start of the game, and either no EVs or instant EV setting from a menu that takes 10 seconds?
If they did I'm gonna blast through it all over again. It was such a good game, didn't think they could make it even better.
>>
>>48411542
>this is literally only relevant for [some of the most well known and commonly recommended hacks]
it's not exactly a niche subcategory anon
>>
>>48411567
uh oh im stealing assets too
are people gonna get mad at me
>>
>>48410948
>>48410961
seconding this, it's a good way to add more encounter types without needing to script an entire event for each of them
you could have different regions of the island have different encounter sets for things like headbutt or sweet scent or slathering honey, with occasional "special" areas where the table is biased towards one exclusive mon (ie: a beach full of shuckle hiding as rocks, one honey tree being "guarded" by a Munchlax, etc.)

sounds like a really fun idea for a hack, i hope we get to see more from it in the future
>>
File: white-water-terrace-1.jpg (33 KB, 600x450)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>48411601
The water coming right up to the edge like that looks kind of weird to me. Maybe if you stepped it like those water terrace things? That would be cool.
>>
>>48411601
The amount of backtracking to try all the different one-ways would piss me off if I'd play that.
>>
>>48411601
from which side are you first able to access this area? That makes all the difference in the layout
>>
>>48411684
if you need that, you're bad at the game
>>
>>48411759
no one needs it it just makes it more fun and adds replay value

i respond knowing full well you are shitposting
>>
>>48411723
taking assets with permission is fine, though obviously making your own is a much better idea that actually gives your game a distinct identity.
ocandiadev did not do this, however, which makes them homosexual.
>>
>>48411615
Yeah, you're totally right. I took out a portion that was unnecessary

>>48411731
Cool idea, but I'm trying to stay true to the original game's mapping style

>>48411733
That's what the cliffside path is for; to alleviate that a bit

>>48411753
The right side
>>
File: eHAnNxc.png (177 KB, 1600x800)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>48411871
>>
>>48411865
why do i need permission i am literally stealing from nintendo?
like are you saying to not steal from fellow fangame devs in a sort of thieves honor code?

if i pirated music and put it in the game who would be bothered by that?
>>
>>48411871
if the left side progresses you forward and the top route takes you to an optional dungeon/POI then this is a solid map
>>
>>48411164
You forgot no x items too, but yes I did implement all of this. Also you pretty much only get shitmons unless you explore and do sidequests
>>
>>48411889
Nintendo and musicians don't give a shit if one person pirates their shit, because unless the amount of people doing it is enough to significantly impact profits, it almost never affects them whatsoever. And even then, the series and music is famous enough that everyone already knows the original source of them, and "stealing" them doesn't actually mean anything at all, especially when it's assets that are widely known and available for completely free on the internet.

Taking assets from really small scale games and fangames doesn't have this distinction, though. Fangames are extremely niche on their own, so every time an even slightly unique game gets its assets copypasted into another game, it dilutes them both into being more generic due to how small the community is. Plus you run the risk of attracting autists that don't understand which one was the original and as a result cry "HEY!!! YOU STOLE Y FROM X"
Obviously this issue can happen even when assets are shared with permission, but at least in those instances it's done very knowingly by both parties.
But doing it against the maker's will means that not only are you being a lazy bum that can't make something original, but you're actively cheapening the effort of people that actually bothered to not be lazy.
...But this only matters that much if it's a project you intend to share with other people. For private projects it literally does not matter at all, so if that is the case, carry on.
>>
>>48411582
Yeah here we go. Out rolls the Clover cope train. Reminder that on the topic of Reborn vs Clover, Reborn:
>gives you ev training equipment via sidequests long before opponents even have evs, rewarding player exploration, unlike clover which just dumps full smogon tier competitive bullshit your way with no warning around Freddie
>has tons of side areas and side quests and shit to explore and do unlike clover which has fucking nothing until postgame
>level caps are handled more gracefully than clover, forcing the player to think about how they want to position their levels for a boss fight and does it in multiples of 5 unlike clover which slaps arbitrary level limits whenever and makes them pointless thanks to how good the exp all is
>reborn's story is a shitty convoluted edgy cluster fuck, but there's at least an attempt, whereas clover throws its hands up in the air with huge exposition dumps and villains with an incoherent and cliched motive
>the number of trannies and idpol nonsense is for some reason massively higher in clover than reborn despite the latter being written by Tumblr autists
>reborn will completely finish with a postgame (bigger than clover's, from screenshots) presumably sooner rather than later, while clover is perpetually unfinished with no battle channel or resolved postgame plotlines
One thing I'll give over Reborn is Clover's music
>>
>>48411889
>like are you saying to not steal from fellow fangame devs in a sort of thieves honor code?
not that anon, but essentially. It's still real time and work that goes into making assets. Code of honor is a good way to describe it. Because if you get caught not crediting etc it can sometimes happen that you're excluded from popular distribution and showcasing sites
>>
>>48411567
>>48411723
>>48411865
>>48411889
>>48411998
>>48412022
>that steals assets from people with actual talent
it's OK when clover devs does it
>>
>>48412031
I don't even like clover but what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>48412031
>tfw downloaded Jirachi sprite and have no clue who made it
>>
>>48412045
yeah if its a case like that just dw about it
Or if you do, try looking for the popular resources or asking around
>>
>>48411926
Yes and thanks
>>
>>48411971
nice.
when's your game out?
>>
>>48412106
5-6 years or never
>>
Does PokeCrystal have double battles? what about fog? I just like gen 2 graphics so much more than gen 3. makes me wanna restart my whole hack. Or wait for the anon making gen 3 look like gen 2 because, I mean, fuck.
>>
>>48410748
I too and currently trying to map out a game that uses an old antagonist in a new way and hides Pokemon behind events, but all of mine are much simpler than yours. I'm hacking binary FR right now though, not working in essentials. I think your ideas are highly superior and wish you good luck.
>>
When shit like Vega exists why do Drayano hacks get called Legendary
>>
>>48412219
>Does PokeCrystal have double battles?
I fucking wish
>fog
In-battle weather for specific maps is doable. As far as the overworld effect goes you could experiment with a Fog-specific map and sprite palette. Sounds like a headache to do though. Maybe using priority tiles to obscure everything partially? I'm not very familiar with how those work.
On the other hand, if you like the GSC look so much, you could use Essentials GSC (lol) or, well, redraw the gen 3 tiles to look the gen 2 part. Or just wait for that anon you mentioned.
>>
>>48412262
Naw, I just meant OW fog

>I fucking wish
Are you another person that would've abandoned Gen 3 had it not been for doubles?
>>
>>48412265
No, I'm using gen 2 despite it. One of the few qualms I have with that decision.
>>
>>48412219
Fog is totally possible, but it would be rather complex.
>>
File: 1624320241826.png (1.26 MB, 2304x2174)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>48412022
Ok i get it now. I am nobody making a game alone for my own tastes. If i wanted to share it with people i would probably have to post it on fangame sites, and i shouldn't tick off the fangame cartel on said sites. It wouldn't necessarily harm me or my game but there is no reason to create beef with fellow fangame bros. We are all passionate thieves, in the end.

I do think its a little whack when gamedevs try to take down other gamedevs, though
>>
How would you all feel about larger towns/cities in a Pokemon game? It kind of annoys me to see 'towns' that are literally just three houses and a dude's lab, but I'm wondering whether it would be too genre-breaking to have larger settlements.
>>
>>48412721
past a certain size it better be its own dungeon/route to explore. the mainline games have also done a few sizable cities but they really have to use 3D camera angles to make them feel bigger than they are
>>
>>48412721
the problem is that past a certain size you run out of things to put in a city unless you're decently skilled. also, big cities tend to look like shit and feel like shit to navigate if you're not good at map design. if you want good examples of decently well done gigantic cities, clover's telekino city and rejuvenation's gearen and grand dream cities, yes i know the reputation of the game but they're good towns
>>
>>48412820
I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>48411880
If I may be so bold, maybe add the stones Acro Bike can jump up so it's possible to see the whole route faster if you have the correct bike.
>>
>>48412721
Well, as long as you fill them up with things to do, that'll be fine.

In game trades, move tutors, gift pokemon, and shops with exclusive items are a good way to do it. Optional stuff to reward people for visiting everything. Even a small house for your 4th wall breaking self insert is perfectly fine. NPCs that tell the player about how your game has/hasn't done a physical/special split, how Hidden Power works for your game, information about alternative evolution methods, and if there are megas or not would also be nice for early game.
>>
>>48412721
players (me) will explore every nook and cranny so good luck
>>
>>48411998
>musicians don't give a shit if one person pirates their shit
Not Square or Atlas. Even if a literal nobody uses music from their games even for non-commercial use, you can bet your ass they'll go out of their way to shut it down.
>>
File: yclj.jpg (9 KB, 161x312)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>48412208
Just like everyone else in this thread.
I'm sure you've made some very pretty looking routes though.
>>
>>48412721
>>48412771
>>48412820
>>48412896
I'm a fan of the Goldenrod approach.
By having a lot of houses, high rise apartments etc. in the background that the player actually can't enter, you can make the city "feel" really big and lived-in without having to make a ton of interior areas or bore the player who'd normally feel compelled to enter every building.
This way you can get the atmosphere you want to convey without actually having to do a whole lot of extra stuff.
>>
>>48410586
I tried making a romhack until I realized it's be easier to make a real game from scratch. So that's what I'm doing now. To get my Pokemon itch I just play vanilla QOL hacks like shin pokered.
>>
are there any difficulty hacks which don't require speedup or extensively reading through the documentation to enjoy? seems like the kind of vibe I get from most difficulty hacks these days.
>>
>>48413093
hear me out guys...
locked doors on buildings that you can Rock Smash into
>>
>>48413189
more like lock smash lol
>>
>>48413189
>find locked house
>rock smash into it
>it's a family having dinner
>dad immediately gets pissed, throws out a level 82 Tyranitar to defend his family
>kick its ass
>father begs for mercy, offers you a Master Ball, tons of cash and anything else you want if you just leave
>you can take all the stuff, but there's now cops in every town looking for you

Heh....... so this is the power of sovl, huh?
>>
>>48412001
yeah but reborn has homos in it so it sucks
>>
>>48413231
ummmm you forgot the part where you shank the dad and double team his wife with your charizard
>>
>>48413243
That's too edgy for my taste, frankly.
>>
>>48413243
>wife
>not daughter
>>
>>48413242
Clover has even more homos in it
>>
>>48413231
>dad throws out tyranitar
>his family dinner is now ruined by all the sand
>wife gets mad at him
holy sovl
>>
>>48413189
If I made this a secret way to enter locked doors (no hint when you interact with the door) could players figure it out?
>>
>>48412888
Yeah, I was thinking about splitting shops up into a PokeMart (sells general trainer goods), PokeFoods (sells Berries, food ingredients, natural products) and maybe a specialty shop or two. One would have to be a Bike Shop, which I'd want more of across the region. There'd also be an Explorer's Goods Store, selling rarer Pokeballs and other useful items, maybe even some non-required HMs. And maybe a Trainer's Pharmacy, selling more exclusive items for use in battle. I'm not sure where to go beyond that, however, without getting too ridiculous and making every shopping trip a hassle.
>>
>>48413290
Probably not, but you can have an NPC 'demonstrate;' You then have the choice whether to turn this criminal in, or keep quiet for your cut of the booty.
>>
>>48413273
lol
>>
This is probably not the right place to ask, but is there a way for two people playing on emulators on different pcs battle and/or trade each other?
>>
File: LittlerootTown-3.png (41 KB, 384x416)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
Starting town for my romhack
>>
>>48413988
its cute.
>>
>>48413957
yes.
>>
>>48413988
is player the rich guy with big house?
>>
>>48414160
that or the jerk rival idk for now
>>
>>48414117
How? Would we have to use VBALink + Hamachi or is there an easier way?
>>
>>48412721
>>48413093
>>48412896
Just make sure to have NPCs offer free items, maybe even Pokemon, but trainers need to go out of their way to look for them. Like in Rustboro City.
>>
File: 1ues19rb5ju51.png (65 KB, 960x960)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>48412721
I really like this city but I haven't seen any updates in a long time
>>
>>48413988
>filename
lol
It's a very classic approach to the idea. Looks really pretty.
>>
>>48413988
it's really nice
what's with the small bushes on the right, is it part of another route?
also, to the left of the pond and in the flowers next to the top left house is just trees or another path?
>>
>>48414343
that anon joined the discord and all of a sudden progress stopped
>>
>>48414206
if you have access to your router, forward ports 6478, 6479, and 6480, then you should be able to just use the LAN build of VBAL to directly connect
>>
File: 1556932791257.gif (343 KB, 160x144)
343 KB
343 KB GIF
>>48414343
This guy had a cool parallax scrolling effect for his train too.
>>
>>48410482
Does Pokemon XG boost the shiny rate? I just found a shiny Pelliper and I’d like to know how lucky I was
>>
>>48414676
thanks! yeah it got through some changes. last update was emptier for example before my friend gave me the idea to add trees.
>>48414693
No, there's no route, it's just the borders that aren't here. The plan is for the area to be much more forest-like. I'm planning to make some sort of clearing where Oldale was.
>>
>>48415213
hi tardy :)
>>
>>48410748
So 45% of total dex is required to finish the game, I hope there would some cool post game stuff for more completion. Imagine the soul when at 65% you get ticket to swim back to the Hoenn. Anyway, the concept is a nice spin-off from original formula, high level pokemons also sound nice.
>>
which romhacks have the most/biggest changes?
like on the level of doing away the experience system or removing ivs/evs
are there any romhacks that actually change parts of a game so much that you have to relearn it?
>>
>>48415649
almost none because most players can't be fucked to relearn everything just to play a rom hack
>>
>>48415239
hi garde :^)
>>
>>48415767
why aren't you replying to my dms :'(
>>
For a gen 2 battle tower enhancement:
Differing BP rewards for each level group, differing rewards for completing each level group's boss (35 streak), or both?
>>
is there a gen3 online battle simulator
I wanna try out some teams and such but I can't think of or find an easy way to make two teams and fight
>>
>>48416364
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/
>>
>>48416364
You can play as far back as gen 1 thru Showdown
>>
>>48416379
how do I fight against myself in there
>>
>>48416385
ctrl+shift+P
>>
>>48414171
Jerk rival, mega rich asshole
>>
>>48411567
ocandiadev/princessyiris blackmails and hazes newcomers by saying they are distributing porn to their discord server and attempts to force them to draw poképorn telling them, all of ocandiadev games have a long list of Die [INSERT NAME OF ANOTHER FANGAME CREATOR HERE] in the credits. messed up as fuck. the discord server has a longer list of things you should not do than a LGBTQ+ black safe space discord
>>
>>48417110
lmfao
>>
>>48417110
Yeah, they're been in this thread before. They tried to get people to play their "masterpiece" of a game. Literally has dog rape in it. Autist.
>>
I’ve made a Water/Dark regional variant + evolution for Wailmer that is based off of orcas. The regional evolution is called “Wailurk”. This is just a sketch and I’ll color it depending on feedback.
>>
>>48417212
just make a new fucking mon dude
>>
>>48416560
>Jerk rival, mega rich asshole
Surprised no pokémon game actually does that. Hop is kind of close in the rich department since his brother is a celerity. But he isn't an asshole.
>>
>>48417466
isn't this pretty much Gary? he always drives around in his car with a harem and his grandpa invented pokemon
>>
>>48417212
This would just be better as a new monster.
It's a strong design and works on its own.
>>
>>48415649
Prism is probably the most impressive romhack in that it changes up the mechanics up the most.
And for essentials, it's Xenoverse. Both feel like they could've been better if the creators just made a brand new game with new IPs given their scripting knowledge.
>>
>>48417505
could you give examples on their biggest changes
>>
>>48417538
Prism:
>Custom Trainers
>Gen 4 mechanics & Pokemon
>Intro battle cutscenes
>Midbattle dialogue
>Special segments where you play as your pokemon.
Xenoverse:
>Fully custom graphics
>Gen 5 style battle system
>Trainer Battle Portraits
>New mechanics
>>
>>48417198
holy shit, i remember downloading ocandian crusoes or whatever the fuck it was called from that thread and figured i'd try it later. didn't realize it was that fucking bad
>>
>>48417563
Prism also has a crafting system and you can level up your character to be better at mining, etc.
>>
>>48414916
Thank you!
>>
>>48417326
What do you have against regional forms anyway?
>>
>>48417198
It was especially funny that time when they were trying to falseflag as some rando who actually liked the game and then slipped multiple times by saying "my game"
>>
>>48417212
Fuck those two anons. It looks great how it is. Fuck Megas, bless regional forms.
>>
>>48418230
Yeah, I was the autist that tricked them into admitting it. I was 100% joking, but it ended up actually being them kek.
>>
>>48410586
It's hard to make games when you get absolutely zero feedback.
>>
My dream is a game where you can ignore the pokedex and battling and become a breeder, but have the option to do both
>>
>>48410482
Is there a way to stop Pokemon XG from crashing? It's happening more and more often and it cost me a shiny.
>>
>>48418319
disable dual core in dolphin settings
pokemon xg (and vanilla xd) don't play nicely with dual core on for whatever reason
>>
Question; what mapping program do you guys use? I use Advance Map 1.95. I like it, but I ask because I'm wondering if there's anything better out there.
>>
>>48418535
decomp people use porymap
>>
Thoughts on changing Chingling/Chimecho to Steel/Fairy ?
>>
>>48418695
Make it a regional form.
>>
>>48418699
But forms are the worst thing about the franchise after megas and giantmaxxing
>>
>>48418712
Tough shit.
>>
>>48418712
nah they're not

also chimecho would completely lose its original typing if you did that.
>>
>>48418805
unless you meant steel/psychic and fairy/psychic which is much better.
>>
>>48418695
Just give it a unique ability
>>
why does eventing drain me so much
>>
Is there something like Bronze for third gen? i.e. romhack that tries to feel just like a normal Pokemon game?
>>
>>48419611
probably saffron
>>
>>48419611
Gaia
>>
Is it possible to get Gen 3 Sprites and OWs in the Gen 2 style without clashing with everything? I mean the minimal use of colors and Gen 2 style shading.
>>
File: clover lives rent free.png (29 KB, 1267x483)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>48413242
I see he has popped up again. Just ignore him. He's an actual schizo that has popped up recently this year and tries to bring up Clover when possible then bitch about how he hates it. I do not visit /vp/ as often as I once did but I've seen several threads where he just acts like a tool.
>>
>>48418535
use advancedmap only when inserting the maps into rom
for designing and prototyping just use tiled
>>
Why do people keep praising and sucking Gaia's dick? Is it because it's the only romhack that's finished?
If so, that's really sad, because Gaia is a boring piece of shit.
>>
>>48419831
lmao take your meds you fucking schizophrenic psychopath, i copy/pasted that post for some (You)s since i remembered your autist buttbuddy fellow discordfag and you were having your gay little war some months back and saw some clover shitposting in this thread. i even like the game too and found that pasta funny unlike your soijak looking ass who can't stand criticism of his favorite game
didn't realize i'd snag one of the OG autists, fuck you for not replying to my post nigger
>>
>>48411567
>>48417110
The game is also fucking horrible. Terrible level balance up, rare candies are literally given out for free but the creator blames that it's your fault if you say it's too easy.
Plus there is not one original map in the game, it's all stolen from another fangame called Pokemon Infinity.
>>
>>48420548
context matters
back in 2015 it really was the best romhack made considering the tech at that time and compared to other hacks
but now in 2021 you have so many other better hacks to play
>>
When tf the new drayano dropping? It's been like a year
>>
First for clover
>>
Hey guys.

Guess what.

DOORS.
>>
File: yandere-toilet.gif.webm (139 KB, 320x320)
139 KB
139 KB WEBM
>>48418287
For me it's the other way around, all the time you wasted to shill your game and respond to feedback is the time you didn't spend to work on your project. Developers who like to show off is a sign of ngmi and a big red flag for the whole project.
>>
>>48418287
Be your own feedbacker nigga
>>
>>48418287
If you have to ask whether it’s good or not, it probably isn’t even up to your standards so how do you expect it to be up to other people’s standards
>>48420854
This
>>
>>48420644
People are still sucking Gaia's dick even in 2021.
And even back in 2015-2017, there exists Vega, which is objectively a better hack.
>>
>>48420980
>People are still sucking Gaia's dick even in 2021.
even today? where?
>>
>>48418287
This is the mindset of Early Access shitware developers.
>>
>>48419626
It's gonna look out of place.
>>
>>48422222
>>
>>48420980
Who? Where? What? The fuck you talking about? I hardly see it discussed nowadays, like people have forgotten about it. Everyone is hopping on the difficulty hack train nowadays. Same thing with Grape. Remember that?
>>
>>48418287
You should make a rough but complete version of it, post it, and get feedback then. A lot of ROM Hackers will go the lazy route and release a "beta" with like 3 gyms which in actuality is just their way of saying "this is as far as I'll go because I can't make anything past this." Happens all the damn time, even in Fire Emblem ROM Hacking. Getting feedback for a "full release" (and it could even omit things like a story or post-game content, as long as you get through the game) can go a long way in balancing the game because instead of having a couple people play it, you could have the community play and test it. I don't know, just a thought.
>>
>>48418287
Finish the game, roughly
Find playtesters
Milk them for all the feedback you missed out on
Realize 95% of feedback is garbage junk data anyway
>>
>>48420858
>>48420858
This is simply not true, at least in terms of art. You can become blind to obvious flaws. Feedback can both aid and inspire you. You just need to be able to take criticism.
>>
File: 1597106682867.jpg (64 KB, 828x525)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
what if EXP was replaced with exp candies and rare candies
>>
how much skill do you need to make a drayanolike HGSS rom hack?
>>
>>48424844
not much
a lot of basic changes can be done using graphical tools without any romhacking knowledge
>>
>>48424844
If you’re just changing trainers/encounters then absolutely zero. I do it all the time whenever I want to replay the games. Changing pokemon stats and abilities is also pretty easy. Making new events or map changes would probably be the hardest part
>>
File: Route101.png (12 KB, 320x320)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
I'm told that this map is lacking direction so I'm posting here for advice, what should I change? Path to the right is a dead end
>>
>>48425980
>I'm told that this map is lacking direction
Because it has no direction at all? You literally just walk up.
>>
>>48414910
many such cases. trannyscord is the mind killer
>>
>>48425980
If you don't get it there's no point in explaining.
>>
>>48425980
Too small, no paths, not really any, uh, direction basically. Seemingly four directions with varying widths/heights make it a very weird map to look at. Also, no character. Incredibly bland, like a worst mainline game first route
>>
>>48426128
>>48426199
Ok, forgot the "lack of direction" thing. What do you think of this map?
>>
>>48426276
It's bad. I get this shit is hard, but there is nothing to like about this. If it manages to be more shit than Emerald's route 101, then you have failed hard.
1: There is no layout. You need to plan this ahead of time. Use other maps from official games or even other similar RPGs as a reference.
2: Minimal use of tiles. Disregarding the sign, you used 3 different tiles here. Tree, grass, long grass. It's boring. At least add flowers.
Personally I recommend checking out Touhou Puppet Dance Performance. It's a great Pokemon clone in general and is better in every way. Map design being one of the aspects. May inspire you friend.
>>
>>48426319
TPDP route 1 for example: https://i.imgur.com/GS1UwNS.png
>>
>>48426319
>If it manages to be more shit than Emerald's route 101, then you have failed hard.
not that anon but what's wrong with Route 101?
>>
>spend days working on porn of >>48379145
>finish it and about to post
>"jk she's underage" according to >>48379958
FUCK my art style is too distinct to share it
RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48426637
you poor, horny bastard
>>
>>48426637
who cares, post it
>>
>>48425980
is this even a whole map
looks like you just zoomed in on a tiny snippet of one
>>
File: 1633462173813.jpg (343 KB, 1200x900)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>48425980
is this an jungle forest intersection?
it has trees in all directions and weird trails
>>
File: forrestfuntimes.png (148 KB, 799x798)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
This is a forrest dungeon section I've been working on. I want to do an ally teamup thing in here like in gen 4 with cheryl/riley. The bottom boat is the entrance and the top boat is where you need to get to with your ally. After doing the teamup mission you can freely explore the forrest. Any thoughts on the layout? I wanted to make the whole thing feel connected rather than a straight line with a few little branches, so I made the end goal feel slightly hidden to encourage players to explore more while they are with their ally. You can also catch shroomish in here and that's very important to me lmao
>>
But they aren't? Post that shit.
>>
>>48427031
Final version better have boats.
Honestly, this is just really good. Depends on item/trainer locations, but I can't see how you'd fuck this up. Speaking of Gen 4. It would be cool of the lake had a cave entrance on it. Maybe for a Legendary later in the game.
>>
>>48427031
Also the mountain/cliff with the trees near the center is a good example of map variety. It's a small thing, but nice.
>>
>>48427158
I'm definitely going to put something cool on the island, either a strong tm or an npc that gives a strong item. You don't get surf until past this section of the game so hopefully it encourages the player to come back
>>
File: USeJYiT.png (285 KB, 1682x1279)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
Would you guys say these fit Ruby and Sapphire's mapping style?
>>
The Eva references in Clover were the only ones that made me laugh. Using the bike horn cover of Cruel Angel's Thesis as the bike theme and then delivering later by making Evacycle a catchable Pokemon was genius. A shame the rest of the game isn't that clever.
>>
>>48427906
If that’s the average route it’s too big
>>
>>48428125
It literally isn't
>>
How hard would it be to make a Ruby/Sapphire remake on the Black/White engine? Is DS hacking advanced enough to do something like that?
>>
>>48414343
i think it would be really weird walking around the city while the cars are just sitting there stationary on the road. Unless there's gonna be some complicated movement cycle.
>>
Any of you have some Pokemon sprites you've used for your projects, preferably with backs? I just want to get a good collection going.
>>
>>48428807
What’s the best way to rip sprites from a rom?
>>
>>48428386
Elaborate.
>>
>>48427906
Gen 3 maps always seemed to have at least one hidden nook somewhere. Maybe a hidden tree path? Other than that, I'd say that's pretty good.
>>
>>48428912
For GBA use Advanced Sprite Editor:

https://www.pokemonhacking.com/gba-hack-tools/advance-series/

For DS use Gen IV Sprite Editor:

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/52757-new-sprite-replacement-tool-for-gen-4-games/

but for Gen IV you also need to have tinke to extract the narc file holding the Sprites:

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/817/

I don't bother with inserting mons into DS games anymore because it's extremely tedious.
>>
File: 3455467568.png (296 KB, 634x874)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
Made a steel specialist OC. Need a name for her.
>>
>>48429139
pretty cute
how about a variation of "valkyrie"
>>
>>48428931
no
>>
>>48429139
Titania.
>>
>>48429081
What about hacked roms? Because I’ve had some issues with that before
>>
>>48429139
stella
>>
File: spritesheet(13).png (6 KB, 258x132)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>
>>48429233
>>48429359
Both good names, hmm.
>>48429139
Thanks, Gonna completely overhaul my game's story since I realized it's such a mess 10% into the game. I needed to trim, cut, and replace the cast down and actually have a framework of the entire narrative first. Steel girl is going to be an antagonist in the game.
>>
>>48429505
Meant to reply to >>48429154 on second quote.
>>
>>48429139
vanna?
>>
>>48428125
>>48428931
It’s clearly two maps
>>
>>48427906
Yes these are extremely good maps.
>>
>>48429396
Fuck yea well done anon
>>
>>48427906
It's well mapped and definitely fits RSE but for such a large route it just seems boring. All the larger routes in RSE are more varied. Except the water ones I guess.
>>
>>48427906
stairs are 2 tiles wide
>>
I'm looking for a rom hack that I believe was in gen 2 graphics, it was released many years ago. Only thing I remember is that in the beginning, or near the beginning of the game there was something kinda like a pokemon academy/school that you spent a lot of time in
>>
>>48412721
I know Reborn gets memed to death because of its edginess and shit, but it has the best city in a pokemon game by far
>>
>>48429723
I didn't design the sprites, I just made them into indexed sprite sheets. Smogon deserves credit for the designs and sprite work.
>>
File: battletest.webm (2.45 MB, 640x360)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB WEBM
>>48410586
Yeah, it just takes time if you do everything yourself.
Currently working on improving the Android/PC communication systems, and adding more Pokémon. (217/263 done.)
What about your game?
>>
>>48410586
I've been taking a break due to Metroid Dread, a Doom mapping project on /vr/, and Halo 3 mod tools
>>
File: HORSEA.png (10 KB, 160x160)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Who would train a pure psychic Horsea? I want to make a bunch of regional forms for my game but am terrible with spritework.
>>
>>48429396
>>48430249
Good designs, shit spritework. It looks all crusty, like someone just took a normal artwork and downsized it in MS Paint. The outlines jagged and inconsistently present.
>>
>>48431482
replace ms paint with GIMP and you're spot on kek
>>
>>48431292
does it just float above the ground or something? this is kind of disgusting he is a fish
>>
>>48432031
Yeah they would live near beaches and use their psychic powers to fly around, it would have levitate as an ability. Not 100% on the colors yet tho but I like the sort of coral/brain aesthetic of the head which will come together more as it evolves
>>
>>48432661
its a sea horse bro
you can't just take a fish out of water, make it float around and call it regional lol
>>
>>48432832
lmao I can and I will
>>
>>48429012
I had that in mind--I've got the two mud slopes and the house blocked by a tree and grass

>>48429717
danke

>>48429900
How so? I think it's pretty varied. Is it the huge cliffside path?

>>48429991
Not always. Example: Route 116
>>
File: 118Goldeen.png (299 KB, 830x830)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
>>48432873
new regional just dropped it has levitate
>>
File: SEADRA.png (13 KB, 160x160)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>48433194
looks fire
>>
>>48433217
no its psychic
>>
File: kk.png (50 KB, 640x576)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>
>>48429505
>I needed to trim, cut, and replace the cast down and actually have a framework of the entire narrative first
Fucking this. I work on a little VN in my free time and I've had to restructure it many times because I like the new characters lol
>>
>>48429139
Please tell me how to draw feet. I suck at it :/
>>
>>48429900
I think once they add all the NPCs, it will feel a lot more busy.
>>
>>48429723
>>48431482
Hard agree here. Why is the design and shading so good, but the outlines are fucking dogshit?
>>
>>48430249
Oh, so you're a fucking idiot then.
>>
>>48430356
lol, what is this? Looks pretty good.
>>
File: Too close.png (46 KB, 636x576)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
>>48433418
Looks good. It could use some extra tiles for variety, but I like it. I think the house near the town entrance is a bit too close. Maybe move all of these back a tile or two?
>>
>>48412721
It would be great if it's in a great game worth spending a long playtime on
Most people here just like to speedrun every shitty hack/fangame they come across, so they like their cities small
>>
>>48433535
Start off by drawing a 3D right angle triangle
>>
>>48433047
It's just all normal route. Paths, ledges, grass.
If you look at the long routes in gen 3 they usually have a point of interest somewhere along the way such as the weather institute, or they mix different environments along the way such as Route 111.
You also commonly find large side areas such as the regi spot on route 120 or like half the river on route 120. Hell, side areas are all over third gen. Just look at the top half of route 115. You do have that area with the house but it still seems limited compared to what RSE offer.
Talking about that river on route 119, it makes a nice way of showing the progression through the route in a natural way, by following it upstream towards its source. Similar things can be done with scaling a mountain or something. Not a suggestion for your route in particular though. I just find it neat.
>>
>>48433984
Well yeah, I tried doing this yesterday and got decent results. I'll keep at it, thanks.
>>
File: ScytherAbilities.png (93 KB, 640x480)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>48433585
Thanks a bunch. It's essentially the Pokémon game of my dreams, or rather how I imagined Pokémon would be by now when I was younger. Made the engine myself, just so it could have all the features I wanted.
>>
>>48430356
>>48434728
Damn, looks pretty good. Is that 6 moves and 3 abilities at once as well?
>>
File: movescreens.png (103 KB, 1280x480)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>48434739
Yes, and moves can be trained, too. Every Level raises Accuracy and Move Power by a little, and Level 5 and 10 unlock bonus effects. Level 10's the maximum Level a Move can have. Max'd moves have a star next to them.

Abilities are split into 3 types.
PokéBody is a fixed Ability that cannot be changed. Almost every Pokémon I've added so far has a unique one.
PokéPowers are Abilities that Pokémon learn through leveling up or evolving.
PokéTalents are randomly picked Abilities from another, very specific pool, or are learned through Tutors.
>>
>>48434832
this looks so promising bro. is there any way we can play/test?
>>
>>48434832
seconding. this is really intriguing.
>>
>>48434728
>>48434832
dude this sounds fucking rad, i'd love to try it out whenever you get to release
>>
>>48434871
>>48434899
I haven't built any demo builds and don't plan on doing so. The plan right now is to work patiently and properly on everything until I feel like it's good enough to warrant a release.
>>
>>48434832
>moves can be trained, too. Every Level raises Accuracy and Move Power by a little
Nice, I loved this in Super Mystery Dungeon even though it wasn't too important.
I like the sound of all the features you listed, they're similar to what I pictured as the perfect pokemon game. Looking forward to your game when it's playable
>>
A lot of rom hacks have too many features, too many pokemon, too many move tutors, etcetera. It's too overwhelming.
>>
>>48435119
yep
>>
>>48419831
jokes on (you) I've never played clover either because a game built arounf 4chan "humour" sounds even cringier than reborn's pronoun lecture.
>>
File: HorseaRegional.png (43 KB, 480x160)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>48432832
>>48433194
for you anon
>>
What's a legendary you've always wanted to use in the main game that most games don't have?
>>
>>48435652
your mom's vagina
>>
>>48435652
Any of the regis
>>
>>48435652
>>48435824
This. I want to use Regigigas.
>>
>>48435119
I have to agree with this. There are a lot of cool features seen in a lot of newer hacks but there's so much other shit to keep track of that it makes playing feel like a chore or like you're playing it incorrectly
>>
What do you think of this idea for an evil team?
1. Military-themed
2. Leader spiritually breaking the troops + admins with her Pokemon into obeying her without question
3. Leader is actually gonna take over the region and possibly the world (without the use of a Legendary)
>>
>>48435119
>>48436581
Agreed. Romhacks and fangames definitely tend to go overboard with it comes to overstuffing the routes with different Pokemon.
I think when you're dealing with, say, really big dungeons, having a mostly full encounter list is a lot more justifiable, but for the love of god why do people feel the need to stuff 3+ different species of Pokemon exclusively in a tiny route with two entire patches of grass?
If you're going to have every Pokémon, just add more areas to put them in instead of forcing the player to run in circles for 10 minutes to get whatever Pokemon you stuffed into the 1% encounter slot
>>
>>48435417
God this Kingdra looks disgusting. Even more than the original
>>
>>48433999
Ah, I see what you're saying. Routes do benefit a ton from a nice focal point, and usually I'll use a big lake but I tried to stay away from that with this one. Next route'll be a comedown from the mountains complete with a stream and lots of waterfalls.
>>
>>48434728
>>48434832
Damn this seems mechanically cool, reminds me a bit more of dragon quest monsters. Kinda wish you went even further with the changes
>>
>>48436598
>1. Military-themed
Kinda interesting
>2. Leader spiritually breaking the troops + admins with her Pokemon into obeying her without question
Pretty edgy?
>3. Leader is actually gonna take over the region and possibly the world (without the use of a Legendary)
Pretty cool.
>>
>>48435652
Cresselia
>>
>>48418287
Wanna know why no one gives feedback?

Its because you all use the same goddamn tilesets (FRLG, Gen 3 or public tilesets) so all of your maps look just like the other 13972974389208973 games using the same tiles, your games/maps dont stand out in the slightest because of this.
Its really not hard to open up the tileset your using in MS paint and editing the colors of tiles, changing some details etc, hell, commission someone to make original tiles for you.

You will get feedback when your game actually stands out from the others, till then, no one cares about the millionth FRLG looking map.
>>
>>48435652
Any of the all-around base 100 legendaries.
>>
>>48435652
A small one like Shaymin or V v
>>
>>48436808
yet all the maps posted ITT use default tilesets and have gotten a good amount of feedback.
>>
File: image0.png (219 KB, 757x723)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
Steel girl
>>
>>48436919
>"It's hard to make games when you get absolutely zero feedback"

>"yet all the maps posted ITT use default tilesets and have gotten a good amount of feedback"

Which is it anon?

Keep using the same tilesets then and quit complaining that no one cares about your maps or games.
>>
File: pirates btfo.png (38 KB, 465x541)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Thanks for putting all those resources in one place, OP!
>>
am i the only one who finds new gen 3 hacks with gen 4/5 assets really ugly?
>>
>>48437044
no
>>
File: download (71).jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>48437022
>>
>>48437044
I use it because it's good enough and I just want to insert my favorite newer mons.
>>
How to make unown cooler ? some ideas ive seen

>make him the ??? type, no weakness no resistances
>schooling ability after you catch them all (dont know what effect this would have though)
>double slap type move that hits for each unown caught
>move that powers up for each unown caught (1 unown = 20bp, all unown = 180bp)
>make them a requirement to catch suicune entei & raikou (although im not sure about the lore and relationship between them)
>>
>>48437307
all of these sound extremely obnoxious and the first one doesn't fix what's wrong with unown
just making it an actual pokemon is fine, give it actual stats and moves. the letter gimmick just sucks and there's no real way around it
>>
>>48437307
Crystal Clear introduced a magical obelisk that gave Unown alone a bunch of different move tutors, which was kind of cool
>>
>>48437307
>make BST 500-550
>give it a moveset
Done
>>
>>48437022
>uranium got nuked too close to SM
>reborn about to drop right before legends arceus and BDSP
are we about to see another mass shutdown lads?
>>
What are some good gbc romhacks?
>>
>>48437022
What a little bitch.
Must not have any real power irl
>>
>>48437307
>make him the ??? type, no weakness no resistances
This is fine
>schooling ability after you catch them all (dont know what effect this would have though)
>double slap type move that hits for each unown caught
>move that powers up for each unown caught (1 unown = 20bp, all unown = 180bp)
This is all retarded. You don't need to catch hundreds of WishiWashi to unlock its schooling ability, you shouldn't need to catch dozens of unknown just to make them viable.
>make them a requirement to catch suicune entei & raikou (although im not sure about the lore and relationship between them)
This would just be tedious. Even if you only needed to catch a couple, finding the letters you need would be a pain in the ass, unless you had some event trigger that let the player pick what letter showed up next.

I don't know why Gamefreak or modders haven't just given unknown an evolution that turns it into a cluster of unknowns, similar to magnemite/metagross. It's the simplest solution that also goes well with established lore.
>>
>>48437395
Read the OP
>>
>>48437307
soul
>>48437336
>>48437348
soulless
the appeal of unown IS the gimmicks. and catching them all to get legendaries would be really cool. these other posters just want legendaries to be handed to you
>>
>>48435417
I think if you made the brain less brainy this would be pretty cool. like the stereotypical beachball pattern but monochrome and with more lines.
>>
>>48437639
Maybe if there were like five fucking Unown catching them all for legendaries would be fine. You're just a no-life who wants to be busy.
>>
>>48437307
>>double slap type move that hits for each unown caught
>>move that powers up for each unown caught (1 unown = 20bp, all unown = 180bp)
>>make them a requirement to catch suicune entei & raikou (although im not sure about the lore and relationship between them)
I like these. Personally I think keeping Hidden Power as its only move would work too, but having it gain these properties if used by an Unown. You do you though, you've got the right ideas.
>>
>>48435119
Modern hacks do yes, so you have to go back a few years in time to find more old school styled hacks that don't have mega evolutions and dynamax and ivs showing and no hms and unlimited tms etc etc
>>
>>48437683
you are the guy who absolutely needs to get some optional legendary in a fan game
>>
>>48437694
What kind of garbage ass insult is this
>>
>>48437307
If you catch all of them, you get the ability to change their form. They get a new move that's 120bp and typeless, and make their new base stats 100 across the board.
>>
>>48437710
Appropriate for what you were hurling around earlier.
>>
>>48437639
>the appeal of unown is shit nobody over the age of 9 wants to engage in
Don't you have some Johtotranny discord raid thread to shit up
>>
>>48437758
no you're the discord tranny here. you're the type that wants literally every pokemon to have earthquake, thunderbolt, ice beam, flamethrower etc. and give every type the same kind of offensive moves
>>
>>48436629
thank you
>>48437675
I might tweak the brain colors to be closer to the skin tone so its less abrasive, but I still want it to translate to the player that this is its brain growing so big its breaking through its skull, rather than 'hey it looks like it has a fuckin tumor'.
But like....... volleyball voltorb maybe?
>>
>>48437710
Better than every buzzword

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.