[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Cutting pokemon is a good thing. Expecting every single pokemon to appear in a single game is unrealistic and quite frankly autistic. To be honest, you don’t see every fucking animal in the world in north america so why would every pokemon be in a single region? Having regional pokemon is cooler, more realistic (if that matters), and honestly makes for a more unique play through
>b-but muh charizard I’ve had since gen 4
Fuck off retard
>>
File: 1631296763509.png (239 KB, 1490x1552)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
Thread hijack
Post Lugia
>>
>>48208065
I think you're misunderstanding their argument.

We aren't asking for all 800+ Pokemon to be catchable in one region, we just want them in the code so we can transfer our favorites or living dex's

I agree though that too large of a regional dex isn't good. Kalos has a fuckhuge regional dex and I think it takes attention off Kalosmons. Would make Nuzlockes interesting tho.
>>
>>48208086
Lugia is fucking gay LMAO where my Ho Oh chads at
>>
>>48208108
>we just want them in the code so we can transfer our favorites
you should be making new favorites each generation in my opinion. Like, I GET it but at the same time I think every game should be different rather than using your favorite 6 each time
>>
>>48208108
>we just want them in the code so we can transfer our favorites or living dex's
isn't that the whole point of pokemon home
>>
Removal of Pursuit made switching too common.
>>
>>48208121
I'm not playing through the main game with my old mons if that's what you're thinking, I think very few people do that. Usually transfer services are postgame anyway.
>>
>>48208108
>We aren't asking for all 800+ Pokemon to be catchable in one region, we just want them in the code so we can transfer our favorites or living dex's
Putting them in the code is the problem and you can just use Pokemon Home
>I agree though that too large of a regional dex isn't good. Kalos has a fuckhuge regional dex and I think it takes attention off Kalosmons. Would make Nuzlockes interesting tho.
Regional dex=/=national dex
>>
>>48208153
No, playing 6v6 made switching too common.
>>
>>48208148
Yes. But what's the point in keeping them in Home when I can't play with them in an actual game?
>>
>>48208171
can't you just transfer them back bro :I
>>
>>48208148
>NOOO YOU CAN'T KEEP ALL YOUR POKEMON ON A GAME YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR OUR CLOUD SERVICE
I'm not paying a company to keep my data.
The dex cut would be fine if they made a free game for each new console where you can interact with, battle, and store all of your Pokemon. Think of a more modern version of Pokemon Ranch with a Showdown battle sim.
>>
>>48208065
You and all the others shills should kill themselves
>>
>>48208180
Transferring from Gen 7 to SWSH is a one way trip dude.
If Home had an Amie minigame or some kind of activity, it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>48208065
The games already lag years behind pretty much every other jrpg. It's not like their filling the games to the brim with great stuff, they're just lazy and incompetent.
>>
Pigmy marmosets arent native to north america, but they don't blink out of existence when you cross the border line into America.
>>
>>48208219
oh
well then just wait until there's a game you CAN transfer to lol
>>
>>48208241
That's the problem.

In the past, the standard was that you could transfer every species up, no Pokemon left behind excluding one single event Pichu in HGSS

This was on the DS and 3DS systems, which had much less powerful hardware than the Switch. It shouldn't be this way. Players shouldn't have to wait for a game that arbitrarily has their Pokemon in the code.
Pokemon games shouldn't be in this weird fighting game roster state where we speculate on if Pokemon are getting in.
>HE'S IN BROS HE'S IIIINNN
It should not be this way.
>>
>>48208111
>fucking gay
>Ho Oh
>>
>>48208280
>It should not be this way.
Why?
>>
>>48208241
But what if you want to transfer a Pokemon that isn't a shillmon or KANTOOOO?
>>
File: cure_for_having_opinions.png (977 KB, 1557x3416)
977 KB
977 KB PNG
>>48208065
okay, drink your autism medicine
>>
>>48208280
you should really stop and just think about the sheer volume of work that needs to be put in to make sure every single pokemon is working properly in a game. right now there is 898 separate species of pokémon, and that in itself is a fucking big amount of models to juggle. then consider all the additional forms, variants, gender differences and so on and so forth. the number of unique models is surely well over 1000 by this point, and it is just simply not reasonable to expect every single one to be in a game. frankly, pokemon fans have been spoiled for how long game freak endeavoured to do so, but clearly it's time to just face the fact they can't keep doing this forever.
>>
>>48208350
Right. Right. Small indie company, I know. Can't hire any more employees to optimize models.

They should unironically go back to sprites if this is such a problem. That's one solution at least.
>>
>>48208280
This is why I think the advanced home idea would be the best compromise.
Pokemon Home Plus:
>From the start of a console's release work on developing an application where your Pokemon can be stored locally (with cloud backup options)
>$15 one time purchase
>Pokemon-Amie feature where you can feed and pet your Pokemon
>Unlimited Pokemon storage
>Online battles where you can use your Pokemon in the current meta. Animations will be SWSH style. Mainline games should use more advanced PLA animations.
>Gets updated with each new generation released on the console

BONUS POINTS
>A customizable home base where you can customize your trainer and walk around with your Pokemon and invite friends to hang out/trade
>Minigames
>X and Y berry farm
>EV training
>>
>>48208362
Nope, they can't do that. Normalfags and children don't like sprites anymore, they've been conditioned by the media to think sprites are only for indieshit, retro ports or low-quality mobile games. So basically sprites = less sales.
>>
>>48208065
>muh every pokemon in one region fallacy
No. This was never the argument and one of XY's frequent complains is how too many Pokemon are just stuffed into every route completely killing their identity.
>>
>>48208427
Not a bad idea at all. This would alleviate a lot of the frustration many players have.
>>
File: 1631323570844.jpg (21 KB, 479x339)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
No one has ever actually provided a concrete argument as to why we can't have all the Pokemon on more advanced hardware anymore. GF has proved in both Gen 7 and Gen 8 that they can add new Pokemon to the games any time they want, and patch in missing ones like they did via SWSH DLC.

You people just go "they can't put all the Pokemon back in.....because they just can't, okay?!" and consoom. When BDSP releases with less Pokemon than the Gen 5 DS games I wonder how this board will try to justify it.
>>
>>48208497
>No one has ever actually provided a concrete argument as to why we can't have all the Pokemon on more advanced hardware anymore
takes too long to develop for basically no benefit to anyone except a tiny number of autists
>>
>>48208497
"It's a FAITHFUL remake of DP, those Pokemon didn't exist yet!"
>But then why are there Fairies, the overhauled underground or any of these other modern features and tweaks?
"They added them because... They just HAD to so newer players wouldn't have trouble adapting to an older game, okay?!"
>>
>>48208506
What is there to develop? All the assets are already made. We're on our 3rd Switch Pokemon title and by this point nearly every Pokemon that exists will be on Switch in some form, explain why they can port a Pokemon to BDSP or LGPE but getting that same Pokemon in SWSH "takes too long to develop."
>>
>>48208556
Because GameFreak is retardedly adamant on making completely new textures, shaders, and now as of PLA updating models to all be different for the sake of being different every single game now, completely invalidating the point of futureproofing models or ever giving us hope of seeing them put all the Pokemon into one game that isn't GO for an incredibly brief period of time, or HOME.
>>
File: you.png (80 KB, 348x348)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>48208065
You must be that same faggot from yesterday that compared mainline games with spin-offs, nobody is asking for the 898 pokemon to be in the wild in a single fucking game, that's why every past game allowed the player to TRANSFER THEIR COLLECTION IN THE POST GAME
Here your (you) now delete your shit bait thread
>>
>>48208569
this poor anon is brainwashed, still drinking the "everything was remade from scratch" kool-aid
>>
File: lillipuptextures.gif (75 KB, 1024x512)
75 KB
75 KB GIF
>>48208556
>What is there to develop?
new textures, new animations, new normals, and having to test everything and make adjustments to make sure it looks right.

>All the assets are already made
you're a dumbass.
>>
>>48208604
I'm not saying everything was remade from scratch at all, but there's a clear difference in how they set up textures and shaders that make a direct port not look good at all, like what that one faggot proof of concepted in SWSH.
But I'm also not wrong about updating the models either, and the proof's in PLA. Some Pokemon no longer have sticker textures for mouths, and others like Wurmple have actual physical differences that didn't exist before.
>>
>>48208569
PLA has the same models and animations. They just added some animations and changed their shader. They probably have versions of textures with and without lines for whenever they decide to arbitrarily add or remove them. The only thing that ever needs to be made from scratch is shadows.
>>
>>48208621
you're still conflating models with textures. Big fucking whoop if Wurple has one extra lump. Copy, paste, modify
>>
>>48208569
>>48208612
>Because GameFreak is retardedly adamant on making completely new textures, shaders,
But SWSH getting two waves of Pokemon numbering in the hundreds proves they can mass export as many Pokemon as they feel like, Gen 6 had the team create all the Pokemon that existed into 3D from scratch but porting the existing assets to a game with different lighting is too much work?
Other games get support for years and years, yet GF, who has Creatures Inc. to make their models, and ILCA to oversee HOME, on top of the billions in profits, somehow can't update their lighting?

At this point in time there are ~234 Pokemon missing from SWSH, of those 234, 44 of them are from Sinnoh, which are absolutely going to be in PLA/BDSP. Explain to me why we could get the hundreds of Pokemon for SWSH DLC, and the 400 already existing, but using those already created assets for the next game, something they're already doing, is impossible.
>>
>>48208623
>>48208646
?
>>
>>48208652
>But SWSH getting two waves of Pokemon numbering in the hundreds proves they can mass export as many Pokemon as they feel like
By this dumbfuck logic SS getting two waves of wild areas mean they can add more wild areas as they feel like. It still takes time to develop dumbass.

>somehow can't update their lighting?
Yes because it's a waste of time and money to develop for the amount of payoff it has for all of the three autists who want Toucannon back in the game.
>>
>>48208664
>By this dumbfuck logic SS getting two waves of wild areas mean they can add more wild areas as they feel like. It still takes time to develop dumbass.
Okay? The DLC was paid, they wouldn't be doing the DLC if they weren't making a profit. Do a wave 3 with an extra wild area and the missing Pokemon, literally who loses here?
>>
>>48208664
Your entire arguement stems from the idea that companies shouldn't provide good products to their customers. It's a cuck stance and you should be ashamed.
>>
>>48208612
wow, so you're saying that to develop a game people have to work on it?
oh geez, poor little GF can't handle that, taking a bit more time to develop or outsourcing the models isn't the way to go, it's better to shit out a half-assed game every year or so or the little indie studio will become bankrupt :(
>>
File: wow-what-a-difference.png (176 KB, 750x593)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>48208661
>yo different lighting! Totally justifies further dex cuts in the main series!

Side note, PLA is a spin-off, no matter what corporate tells you
>>
>>48208677
>Do a wave 3
They have no reason to do a wave 3 because the game is 2 years old at this point and they don't see it profitable compared to just developing new games. DLC becomes less and less feasible the longer the game is out.

>>48208678
>Your entire arguement stems from the idea that companies shouldn't provide good products to their customers
They did provide a good product. You just think it's a bad product because they didn't do a nonconsequential autistic thing you wanted.

>WAAAAAH MARIO KART 8 ISN'T A GOOD PRODUCT BECAUSE DIDDY KONG ISN'T IN THE GAME

>>48208680
>poor little GF can't handle that
Yeah, they can't, because they don't see it as profitable enough for the amount of time that needs to spent on it.
>>
>frogposter saves them thumbnail and not the actual image
Are frogposters really this stupid?
>>
>>48208065
retarded phoneposter
>>
>>48208699
Pokemon are the main point of Pokemon. A more apt comparison would be if mario kart only added half as my courses and powerups as their previous title which was on a DS
>>
>>48208710
>Pokemon are the main point of Pokemon
Sword and Shield has Pokemon. I don't get what your point is.
>>
>>48208693
??
It's not the lighting only, they fully remade Oshawott's eyes and mouth to be fully 3D instead of sticker textures.
And why should I believe a schizo on /vp/ over the word of the franchise itself?
>>
>>48208731
USUM has more Pokemon therefore it is a better game.
>>
>>48208739
NOOOOOOOOOOOO DELET THIS DELET THIS GAME FREAK ONLY REUSE THE MODELS THEY NEVER CHANGE ANYTHING
>>
>>48208497
That because there IS NO argument against having all the Pokemon. It's pretty insane how one sided this argument actually is.

BBND
>All Pokemon should be allowed in the main series games
>Pokemon are the most important part of Pokemon
>Nothing in SwSh justified the removal of Pokemon
>Even though I am not personally attached to every single Pokemon, every Pokemon is important to someone

AntiBBND
>My fav got in, why should i care
>Looking at Pokemon in Home is a suitable replacement for actually being able to interact with them or use them in battles
>slight different textures is worth having 29% of older Pokemon removed from the games
>If your fave got dexcut get better taste
>No on cares about Maractus
>The only Pokemon removed were shitmons anyways
>If you don't like the franchise leave
>Cry more Stantlercuck, diddums, incel
>YOU LOST COPE AND DILATE DEXTRANNY KEK LOL

The only remotely reasonable argument against having all the Pokémon coded in is the work involved, but every single older Pokemon already has a future proofed model with plenty of animations.The bulk of the work involved with older Pokemon should mostly involve debugging/testing, which could easily be solved by Game Freak hiring more people.

Dexit wouldn't even be a problem if Home actually did was it was advertised and let the pokemon trapped there have an "active role". like >>48208427's ideas.
>>
File: 1533674017831.jpg (75 KB, 602x452)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>48208699
>because the game is 2 years old at this point
That's a really good point anonymous, I was actually about to bring up the fact that SWSH is old and they're developing new games now.
So, we're missing ~240 Pokemon, we know that 44 of those Pokemon are gonna be in BDSP, so that means there's about 200 Pokemon, the same amount of Pokemon added in a DLC wave, not in the game, we can reduce that number further when you account for the 34 Gen 1 Pokemon that already exist in LGPE, and thus are on switch.

So around 170 Pokemon are missing from the Switch games (even less when some of those Pokemon are in PLA like Oshawott and Cyndaquil), why is this an insurmountable number for GF? Why is just finishing the work too much and too unprofitable for GF and the two companies under them? If you can justify this I'll never talk about the nat dex again.
>>
>>48208739
Copy, paste... and modify. Did you already forget what I mentioned earlier? Or is your attention span THAT short? No wonder so much shit gets cut out in this series because people don't have the attention span to remember anything they heard 5 seconds ago
>>
>>48208699
>Yeah, they can't, because they don't see it as profitable enough for the amount of time that needs to spent on it.
Then square enix probably became bankrupt making dragon quest XI, you know, one of the best jrpgs to come out in the last decade, seeing how their more polished game with more than two ports for different consoles sold less than sword and shield... I mean, 22 million copies sold for a barebones game barely guarantees you a decent profit right?
>>
>>48208766
???
They can't just copypaste without spending time to revamp the model or else it'll just plain look bad in the game compared to other Pokemon? Compare SciresM's Omastar Port to the official SWSH update. The textures and outlining don't match up with the rest of the game's style, the unofficial port would stick out like a sore thumb in bright environments. Now imagine this happening with Pokemon that are still stuck with 3DS textures, yikes...
It's in similar vein of unfitting to how Battle Revolution still used N64 Models that stood out really obviously compared to the models for Gen 3 and 4 Pokemon.
>>
>>48208350
Shill
>>
>>48208761
>th-they're on other switch games so that means they can easily port the pokemon over!
The models in LGPE, SS, and BDSM are all unique you dumbass.
>>
>>48208833
they're the same fucking thing, Verlis.You're still conflating textures for models with your Omastar and then dragging in straw men arguments by talking about N64 models vs Battle Revolution models. Get your shill ass off this board already. Nobody likes you
>>
>>48208854
Can you prove it?
>>
>>48208065
Honestly, kind of a controversial opinion, but I don't think they should make new mons. The design quality has been obviously decreasing ever since gen 6, with gen 7 having a lot of bad ones(like 40% of pokedex)and gen 8 being a fucking disaster.
They should just make regional variants/forms for old mons. This allow then to reuse a lot of the movement code and animations from the old mons in the "new" regional variant and they can actually improve how the mons we already have act.
>>
>>48208350
You should stop being a shill
>>
>>48208833
Which one ia the port abd which is the official?
>>
>>48208759
>No on cares about Maractus
Thats was the funniest thing, he was not cut
>>
>>48208854
Shiling shill
>>
File: file.png (1.12 MB, 1211x561)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>48208899
>>48208833 already proves the models in SS and LGPE are unique.
>>
File: l24q14kovvk31.png (21 KB, 112x112)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>48208995
gtfo Verlis
>>
>>48208121
That’s why transferring should be limited, but at the very fucking least allowed in the postgame.
>>
>>48208995
No one is talking about Soul Silver we're talking about SwSh also
>Garchomp
>LGPE
???
>>
File: tGuwIcP.png (519 KB, 1168x732)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>48208995
>>
>>48208065
can the series just be ended by this point? like i know it's literally the biggest moneymaker for em but shit every since they started the 3ds ones the games have been gettin shittier and shittier. gettin more waifus is nice ig but they can just make another unique rpg with em.
>>
>>48208304
Ho-Oh was the OG Nyan Cat (Bird?)
>>
>>48208121
And who are you to tell me how to play? Put them in the code and let me transfer then yah retards....
>>
>>48208455
So, it seems that you just described pokemon tho... It's clear it should go back to 2d because it's getting ridiculous... Legends looks like a 2000's game....
>>
>>48208995
The different visuals is because of post processing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.