[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pokeride.jpg (32 KB, 320x240)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
BDSP brings back pokeride from Gen 7. Will this improve the game for you?
>>
>>48204706
Yes, I hope this is added or some form similar to it.
I can already hear some anons getting upset about the very notion of one of the good things Alola did coming back. These games' audience is too big to not have a vocal amount of people screeching at each possibility.
>>
does it bring back the hideous outfits and terrible BGM as well
>>
>>48204723
>does it bring back the hideous outfits
......Perhaps.
>terrible BGM as well
It'll be the same thing as the DPPT bike theme
>>
>>48204706
>>48204722
I want to use my own pokemon instead of calling a pokemon uber service.

They should do something like lets go. Field moves do not take up moveslot, and not required to be on your party. Maybe similar to the ride pager from sun moon, except you summon your own pokemon from your pc instead of a stranger's pokemon
>>
>>48204759
This would be ideal, I can get behind that.
>>
Can we just have HMs that don't take up a moveslot, jesus.
>>
>>48204785
HMs are also battle moves.
>>
>>48204793
Just change the name, you unimaginative faglord.
>>
>>48204706
literally anything that isn't HMs is an improvement to the game.
>>
File: file.png (1.17 MB, 1280x720)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>48204706
No. Not when Gen 7 already had the better solution in its own remake.
Having the agency to travel wherever you want by meeting objectives is far better than getting handed an arbitrary thing at some arbitrary point.
>>
>>48204785
Then you still have to use a slave
>>
>>48204929
You've never played a game before Gen 7, we get it.
>>
>>48204923
>Having the agency to travel wherever you want by meeting objectives is far better than getting handed an arbitrary thing at some arbitrary point.
Both the former and latter of this sentence could be applied to both Alola and Legpiss.
>>
>>48204929
smoothbrain
>>
>>48204943
The latter is Alola. The former is Legpiss because you can actually get the HMs in LGPE in any order without worrying about progression (except for flash, which doesn't prevent you from going anywhere)
>>
File: rotomdexmap.jpg (19 KB, 320x239)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>48204929
>Then you still have to use a slave
You have to try to have Pokemon that aren't capable of using strength, cut, or surf. If you're calling teambuilding slugging around a slave then you have never played a game that came before Sun and Moon.
the fucking GO remake did a better job at handling roadblocks than anything else from Gen 7 or 8. Maybe try games that aren't filled to the brim with this shit for once?
>>
>>48204706
If it brings back the dumb outfits I'll pass and take a dozen HMs
>>
>>48205050
You really are that dense, huh
>>
>>48205090
Are you? People just want the game to have the exploration elements that Gen 1-6 had. LGPE was a step in the right direction that didn't require HM slaves and returned the series to its more open and non-linear roots.
>>
>>48204929
Are you saying that all six members of your team cannot use a single field moves that you need a HM slave around? I understand if you cannot use water or flying HM moves since those are more specific but in a general playthrough, even nuzlocke, mono type or themed playthrough, you will have the rest covered (rock smash, cut, strength etc)
>>
>>48205061
>ok I want to use fly on my team so backtracking doesn't take forever, let me look at the pokemon that look like they can fl-
>mothim doesn't work
>vespiquen doesn't work
>yanmega doesn't work
>garchomp doesn't work
>gliscor doesn't work
>palkia doesn't work
>mantyke/tine doesn't work
>bronzong doesn't work
>magnezone doesn't work
>cresselia doesn't work
>gyarados doesn't work
>NOPE SORRY YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE OF THESE SPECIFIC BIRD SHITMONS ON YOUR TEAM IT'S """"'TEAMBUILDING""""""!

And god forbid you're doing post-game stuff like Battle Tower or breeding where having to """team build""" around retarded A press obstacles is completely irrelevant. Fuck off with this retarded argument.
>>
>>48205121
You have such little imagination for QoL improvements that GameFreak should give you a job.
>>
>>48205148
I don't need imagination because they already fixed this problem 5 years ago and retards keep making up WORSE solutions.
>>
>>48205121
I never said Fly.
>>
>>48205103
Dang it's almost like the problem Alola had was linearity and not a problem with its HM replacement, and Legpiss's transitions away from HMs was a direct response to the positive reception of Alola, down to the same arbitrary locations of learning new abilities just like Alola.
Fuck outta here with this retard argument that LGPE somehow did it better when it has all the same faults of Alola's system and the only benefit it got was because of a better region design.
>>
>>48205183
yeah, you conveniently left it out because you know your shitty narrative doesn't work for it.
>>
>>48205152
You're the one making a worse solution to one they already fixed 5 years ago.
Secret Technique HMs are better than Pokeride in every conceivable way. Cope.
>>48205185
>when it has all the same faults of Alola's system
Except, you know, actually fixing all the faults of Alola's system?
Pokeride was
>Disconnected and clunky
>Arbitrarily given out to enforce linearity
>Didn't have any options
Whereas LGPE HMs fixed all of those things without requiring specific Pokemon and without using moveslots.
>>
>>48205196
>Except, you know, actually fixing all the faults of Alola's system?
>Pokeride was
>>Disconnected and clunky
>>Arbitrarily given out to enforce linearity
>>Didn't have any options
>Whereas LGPE HMs fixed all of those things without requiring specific Pokemon and without using moveslots
So literally just like Alola. Do you need new glasses to see it? Are you really that blind to how LGPE had the exact same constraints?
>>
>>48205196
This is the dumbest post of the day. Good job
>>
File: 1631583108732.jpg (27 KB, 750x731)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>48205196
>>
>>48205196
>Disconnected and clunky
Ah yes bc seeing your pokemon flash on the screen and a generic cut animation is so much better than riding pokemon to traverse land. Thank you anon!

>Arbitrarily given out to enforce linearity
Oh just like hms then

>Didn't have any options
Picking some random mon on your team to put hms on just so you can progress the game, great

The state of this fanbase is sad, the fact that there are even people who would rather revert to those stupid restrictions instead of actually seeing the games evolve is sad. Pokerides were a great first step and make SM so much more enjoyable and actually allowed for interaction with roadblocks. The only thing GF needs to do is expand it so that most mons has some sort of field skill that work like the pokerides. Like i could ride my conkeldurr to push obstacles instead of inly machamp
>>
>>48204706
FUCK
NO
>>
>>48205196
The only difference between LGPE and Alola is that one spreads the jobs to a bunch of Pokemon while the other keeps them on your starter, you're praising and bashnig your own argument at the same time.
>>
File: Sinnoh HMs.png (125 KB, 956x737)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>48205392
FUCK
YES
>>
>>48204706
I just hope Pokéride is back, and it's all Bibarel.
Need to surf? Bibarel.
Climb? Bibarel.
Smash a rock? Bibarel.
Cut? Bibarel.
Fly? Bibarel with balloons.
>>
>>48205416
>get water pokemon
>get a flying pokemon
There, done, everything else is a one off except for rock climb and everything learns that.
>>
>>48205455
>remove shit mechanic from the game
There, done. The game isn't cluttered with pointless bullshit anymore.
>>
File: hqdefault (7).jpg (29 KB, 480x360)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Eh, if pic related is in the game i won't mind HMs since you can just grab your slaves from the box wherever you are.
>>
>>48205460
Imagine needing to think about team composition in a rpg, right.
>>
>>48205702
You already need to think about team composition, for the battles, where there's actual depth. Having """team composition""" for gathering a fucking checklist of being able to press A in front of obstacles adds nothing to the game except inconvenience.
>>
>>48204706
Ew no
>>
>>48205687
Yeah, I wouldn't mind this
>>
>>48204706
Didn't everyone here beg for pokéride to go away because they were pissed at the concept of using pokémon they didn't own or something?
>>
Doesn't bother me, honestly. Seems (You) niggers are more obsessed with "fixing" BDSP, when the draw of BDSP to me is reliving Diamond, without actually having to re-visit Gen IV engines.
>>
>>48206058
correct, pokeride sucks ass. hms should be the pokemon you've caught, trained, and traveled with, not some gay rental service.
>>
File: Zebstrika_BW_Back.gif (73 KB, 90x84)
73 KB
73 KB GIF
>>48204706
only if they add a zebstrika to ride
>>
>>48204722
Or people don't like their adventure needing touristmons and want to actually use the mons they caught and raised, dipshit.
>>
>>48206156
as opposed to not being able to go to celestic town without rendering at least 2 members of their team useless by forcing them to have cut, defog and rock climb?
>>
>>48205426
Birabel is such a great mon
>>
HM aren't coming back, there either pokeride or secret techs, more likely the former
>>
>>48206803
I'd lean more to secret techniques, but the fact the rock climb wall was clearly shown off in the Pokémon day trailer points to HM's returning, especially when they announced it as faithful remakes.
>>
>>48206803
absolute slip n' slide brain
>>
>>48204706
Is it true that Pokémon after gen 4 aren't present?
>>
Just let me overwrite HMs. It's its not like you can get locked out when you can also relearn them.
>>
Fuck no.

I want to explore with own Pokemon.
One of my biggest annoyance with Alola was the feeling you weren't in a real place, you were in a theme park.
>>
>>48206955
Ironically the things people complain about make tue region feel more real. It never made sense that you could just walk into people's houses and recieve free stuff, or that most routes are impossible to cross without HMs that only the player has. Alola's roadblocks make sense in the world while still giving the player as much freedom as always, just telling you where you can't go before you try instead of after.
>>
>>48204706
No, it would make it worse
Riding your bros > teleporting some random rental out of nowhere
>>
>>48204706
Pokeride is garbage. I want to use my pokemon not some generic pieces of shit. Also even the dumb bycicle outfit from swoosh isn’t as awful as the shit they have you wearing.
>>
>>48204706
I kinda hated pokeride since it made stuff like moving fast obnoxious, so no I wouldn't consider this an improvement.
>>
>>48205196
Absolutely based post making the Alolafags that never played the better Gen 7 game seethe
>>
>>48205687
I didn't think about this actually. With this HMs can return imo, because even using a lv 4 Bidoof you only take out the box to Cut a tree is better than using the specially designated Cut Scyther.
>>
>>48207152
>Alola's roadblocks make sense in the world while still giving the player as much freedom as always
Alola fans aren't even trying to hide their delusion anymore, are they?
>>
>>48207997
Not knowing that you don't have a choice in where to go isn't more freedom than knowing, it's just a waste of time.
>>
>>48208132
>Not knowing that you don't have a choice in where to go
Except you do, since in LGPE you can go literally anywhere after Cerulean (before you even unlock any HMs) with the only exception being Victory Road and Giovanni's gym.
Compare that to Alola, where you're blocked off from everything that isn't the next objective with very little exception and when you finally do get some agency in where to explore it's only because you got arbitrarily handed something at some arbitrary point.
Pokeride doesn't feel earned. Secret Techniques do. There's a big difference even though to a blind eye they seem like the same shit.
>>
>>48204706
I still don't like using some random pokemon instead of my own. But I'll take rides over the Sw&Sh bike any day. In an ideal world you would be able to ride your own pokemon(even if only your own Wyrdeer, Braviary, etc...) But tbat would require actual effort which is a big no in gamefreak
>>
>>48206673
those hm were always stupid. The ones people like were always surf, fly, strength and dive.
>>
>>48205061
>You have to try to have Pokemon that aren't capable of using strength, cut, or surf.
I love hms but I actually disagree. Sometimes HM cut seems almost arbitrary and I didn't have single pokemon that could learn it. More than any other move, imo Cut was a pain in the ass.
>>
>>48205121
You know what really pisses me off? Those pokemon can't learn fly but dodrio can.
>>
>>48208250
>in LGPE
Kanto and Johto are the only exceptions. Outside of those you only ever have a choice between 2 gyms. If you want to compare to Kanto, why not complain about Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos being linear theme parks?
>>
>>48208670
>why not complain about Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos being linear theme parks?
Because linearity isn't a bad thing. Having no agency is.
Gen 5 and 6 are entirely linear but still let you have enough room to explore. Alola and Galar's problem is not only telling you exactly where to go with map markers but locking down every side path despite that.
>>
>>48208751
If there is only one path that progresses you objectively have no agency. Walking down a dead end (which you can also do in Alola) is not a choice, it's waiting for the game to tell you you went the wrong way.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.