[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Spikey+Shiny.jpg (1.01 MB, 3000x3213)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Friday Afternoon Edition.

>What are you hunting?
>How are you hunting it
>What was your last shiny?
>What was your first ever random shiny encounter?
>>
>>48165231
Is it rigged to shiny hunt in gen 3? Seems impossible
>>
File: Gabby.jpg (404 KB, 2737x2055)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
Porygon in Soul Silver/Starly in Platinum
>How are you hunting it
5 at a time Soft Resets/Random Encounters
Picrel
Drowzee in Gold when I was a kiddo
>>
File: Shiny Ekans 1542 RE.png (12 KB, 642x473)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
2100 Encounters for Shiny Mareep in SS
>How are you hunting it
RE using the Static Method
Ekans after 1542 Encounters, Phase 1 for Mareep.
Happy with the outcome as Arbok has a very nice Shiny Sprite in HGSS. Also ended a 30k+ drought
Shiny Golbat in Pokémon Ruby, found at the Sky Pillar. Sadly no longer have it.

>>48165280
If you have a dead battery on Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald with/without a dead battery shinies will only appear on certain 'frames'. FR/LG do not suffer from this as they lack an in game clock.

>>48165290
Is that you Johto DTQ chad? Congrats on the Turtwig mate!
>>
>>48165305
I think there's at least three anons doing a HGSS shiny badge/dream team quest run, but I am the one probably furthest along.
>>
>>48165319
If you're the one who posts your entire team to date, thanks for the inspiration. I'd been sitting on a Shiny Chikorita since March and finally decided to start my SS DTQ.
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
Continuing my shiny ghost team in Pt before the coming remake. Got one in 2019, another one in 2020 and last July got pic related
>How are you hunting it
Random encounters at night - cuz ghosts-. I may consider using pokeradar in my other old copy if things went south.
Pic .. I seriously have to stop being lazy cunt and finish the damn run already.
Raticate in HG 2009, couldn’t play old games before until i got college.
>>
>>48165759
East or West coast fellow ausfag
Sounds like a good hunt, what else have you collected and what are the rest of your targets?
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
Spinda (Gen 3, Saphhire)
>How are you hunting it
Normal walking
Eevee (Gen 4, Soul Silver, Bill Gift)
Scyther at the Bug Catching Contest (Gen 2, Silver)
>>
>>48165231
How do you deal with Wonder Trade shinies? Always assume hacked even when not perfect?
>>
>>48166028
While I don't always assume they're hacked, I generally dump them back on the Wonder Trade.
I only save the occasional one for breeding purposes or trading fodder.
>>
>>48165940
>East or West coast fellow ausfag
Neither, I'm a shitholefag.
I am considering shiny giratina and spiritomp for the halloween. For the sixth I am not quite sure ... maybe I will go for Duskull.
My current team : Chaslty, Drifloon from the windmill and Rotom.
>>
>>48165231
>>What are you hunting?
Love Ball shiny Applin
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
Was hunting for a Shiny Kecleon with its Hidden Ability.
>How are you hunting it
SOS Battles in UM.
Giratina from UM's Ultra Wormholes earlier this week.
I think it was Unown back in Silver if I remember correctly.
>>
>>48165231
>>What are you hunting?
Tepig in Black 2
>>How are you hunting it
Soft-Resets while I chip away at some work
>>What was your last shiny?
Vulpix in Ultra Sun
>>What was your first ever random shiny encounter?
Shiny Rattata in the Heart Gold Safari Zone
>>
>>48165231
What you guys think about shiny hunting on emulators?
>>
>>48166157
>I'm a shitholefag.
Well hopefully that means you're not in lockdown atm.
Team sounds good, Drifloon is a hunt I really want to do. Not sure if you know but with a GBA insert it's possible to hunt Gengar outright.
>>
>>48166304
Depends, if you're speeding up the emulator it's not legit, if you're SRing using a method that is one simple click instead of L+R+STR+SEL it's a bit iffy but not a huge advantage.
Are you hunting on emulators for any particular reason?
>>
>>48166319
So far nothing mentioned about another lockdown and hopefully it would stay that way. If they went for it, I have a games backlog to keep me coping.
About that GBA, IIRC you have to get the national dex first. That's why I rolled it out + luckly I have another DS from gen4 days so I don't have a problem with Genger.
>>
>>48166331
tl;dr: don't have the games anymore, but thinking about buying.

sorry for the blog: i had the pokemon black back 2 in the 2013 with more then 400 hours put in it really into the breading and badge system from the game, i even remember that i got the "defeat the elite with 1 pokemon" with my Crobat Maya lvl 100, never got a shiny in my copy even with the charm + masuda method, tried catching a wild zubat 2k+ and egg magikarp 1k+, but never got it, but sold it because i need the money at the time, so after in 2018 i bought a pkm diamond and months after sold it too for the same reasons. was studying at the time and was really broke. Now that i got a job i'm thinking in buying a original black 2 again to play and shiny hunt in it, but is really rare to find in a legit or cheap copy here in brazil. I just one console that is the DSi XL from 2011 so the DS ones are the only i can get original. I think Black2 or White2 are the best, i wanted a HGSS but are really rare and expensives.
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
golbat in white
>How are you hunting it
level 60 repel trick
drampa in ultra moon
a horde weepinbell in X
>>48166304
i think that if you're using the normal games then that's not good, but if it's something like clover or touhoumon then that's fine. if a hack ends up on a cartridge like with blaze black/volt white 2 then i think that's fine as well.
>>
File: 1630446501427.png (89 KB, 500x384)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
>How are you hunting it
Just running around in random safaris in X
Krabby, FS
Tranquil in White, but I got a shiny Staravia in Diamond while chaining which I think was in a normal patch so idk if that counts.
Does anyone know if Masuda method works off actual game reigon or language? I have a copy of Sun (European) I've never touched and I'm contemplating starting it in Jap, breeding some good IV mons and transfering them for Masuda, would that work?
>>
>What are you hunting
Jinx in shield, pansage in UM
>How are you hunting it
Eggs for the both of them
>What was your last shiny
Pigeotto in LGPE
>What was your first ever random shiny encounter
Duskull in ruby. Don’t have him anymore though :c
>>
>scatterbug
>MM in X
>buneary
>koffing in crystal. guess what happened to the save file after a while

here is a picture of my lunala using moongeist beam. hope you anons like it.
>>
>What are you hunting?
Porygon in Fire Red
>How are you hunting it
SRing at the Game Corner
Articuno, same game
Aipom in silver but I didn't know what shinies were. My first caught random shiny was a Trubbish
>>
>>48165305
i need to replace my sapphire battery then fuck
>>
>>48166304
if you're speeding up the process in any way then it kinda defeats the purpose for many people, but you do you. i'm mainly playing on emulator for gens 1-5 as well, just because it's more comfortable for me, and i try not to use speedups or other emulator functions at all. at the end of the day i'd still think my shinies are legit, just because of the fact that i'm playing for myself only and i make my own rules i guess
>>
Page 10 bump
>>
>>48165698
Don’t give up chikoritabro, other chikorita guy here and I actually encountered my first team member this morning. I’m living the NEET life atm so I’ve basically been SRing for like 8-9 hours a day every day while watching shows/movies. Gonna take it easy for a while though and just play the game as normal until I decide what I want my next team member to be.

Also, does anyone know if theres any apps for iOS that can be used to collage pictures together? Feel like I’m gonna be needing it eventually and using photoshop is a pain in the ass
>>
>>48166439
That's fair anon, if you are able to track down a cheap copy of BW2 and possibly a cheap old 3ds/2ds you can easily transfer any progress from emulator hunting on it. Prices are probably going to drop a bit more over the next year or two so it might be worth just playing on your emulator until the right copy comes up.
>>
>>48170915
Thank you fellow ChikaChad, nice Sentret!
The shiny Ekans earlier was mine, about 3400 resets in for a Mareep Phase 2 atm.
Whare you watching? Any recommendations?
Finally not sure about IOS, might be worth just sending them all to your PC and using something like paint.net, very easy to create images using that program.
>>
>>48170982
I’ve spent a good chunk of time listening to that chris chan comprehensive documentary cause it’s good background noise kek, in the middle of watching the first season of ‘Channel Zero’ which is a horror anthology series based off creepy pastas, the first season being based on candle cove. it’s absolutely shit, but the monster design is pretty cool

Mareep is a really nice shiny, one of the best probably. I’m also a fan of shiny Arbok, I think the yellow is really nice plus snakes are cool. You going to use Ekans on your team since you have it or just box her?
>>
>>48171030
Shit, Duno why the entire last sentence got put in spoilers
>>
>>48170915
>>48171030
cute!
>>
File: Arbok.png (12 KB, 642x481)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>48171030
kek, for ten years I honestly thought he was dead before all that stuff went down a month ago. Crazy life story.
I think I'll keep her in my party, she's already an Arbok now and I used her as my lead against Buggsy, sadly she doesn't have intimidate.
In about 22 year of playing Pokémon I don't think I've ever used Arbok so now's a good time to start.
Luckily I hadn't planned out my entire team yet so I can fit her in, so far all I have is Chikorita, Mareep, Arbok, Skarmory and probably Dunsparce, the rest I'll work out today.
What's your next target anon? Planned your team yet?
>>
>>48165231
>>What are you hunting?
Totadile or Rayquaza
>>How are you hunting it
SR in HGSS
Riolu in SwSh with mm and shiny charm
Shiny ponyta in front of mt. silver in hgss while grinding to fight red
>>
>>48171135
I haven’t fully decided on a full team yet, so far Meganium and Furret, I know that I want to hunt for Krabby and Gligar since they’re my bros. I SR’d for the shiny Shuckle in my last playthrough of Crystal so might do it again for the meme status.
>>
>>48171216
Sounds good, all three of those are great shinies.
For Shuckle are you referring to the gift one you get?
>>
Does anyone know exactly how the headbutt mechanics work in HGSS?
I've read certain trees have much higher odds of certain Pokémon, but I can't determine if these trees are random (based on trainer I.D. etc) or if they're the same for everybody.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZBf1ZQ2yUQ
>>
>>48172045
la creatura de la soja de América
>>
File: 33mnthdzm2m71.jpg (1.94 MB, 3024x3126)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>What are you hunting?
Shiny Totodile/Cyndaquil
>How are you hunting it
DSi XL with HeartGold, also have a 3DS with SoulSilver that I pull out for double resets when a good stream or YouTube vid that I can sit and enjoy and focus on is on
This Chikorita
I wanted it anyway but would've preferred getting it last so I can start the dream team
Tentacool in Ruby, which I caught and lost, then reclaimed this year in the same cart
>>
I have never intentionally shiny hunt before, only ran into one by random in emerald. I wanna start doing so for a SS run, how would I go about this? wanna at least start off by getting a shiny starter
>>
>>48172158
Good choice.
It's quite simple really, just save in front of Machine you choose your Starter from in Elm's Lab.
Then open the machine, check to see if any of the Starters are shiny and if they're not soft-reset and do it again. HGSS are the only games where the Starters sprite will be shiny outside of battle so it's widely regarded as the go to hunt for people who want to start hunting.
>>
>>48166304
Invalid, delete system32
>>
>>48172103
>so I can start the dream team
What’s your dream team?
>>
>>48172045
>>48172069
fucking kek
it really is a nice shiny desu
>>
File: suffering.png (436 KB, 840x859)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
40k encounters and NO FUCKING MAREEP
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
Cranidos.
>How are you hunting it
Fossil resets, Sun. Sure is taking a while since you can only do one at a time. At 1,731 so far.
Lillipup at 274 random encounters. Guess I used my luck up on that one.
Bronzong in Mt. Coronet on Diamond, right before the peak.
>>
>>48172103
I wish my 3DS was still working but the R trigger went out completely.
>>
File: hunt.png (340 KB, 1280x720)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>48165231
Chain hunting Chansey in Sword and Shield racking up EXP for various legendaries and shinies.

My last shiny was Regigigas which I finally caught last night with a beast ball.

My first ever random shiny encounter was in a rom hack and not even a really good one at that.
>>
>>48174455
A beast ball? How the hell did you pull that off? When I found mine I threw like 80 timer balls at it and had to give up and master ball because I was worried it was gonna struggle.
>>
>>48174464
The one in Sword and Shield has 100% catch rate when you defeat it so you can use whatever ball you want. A beast ball is near impossible to use on a legendary in any other circumstance.
>>
>>48174493
Oh. Ew.
>>
File: 1542019654793.gif (1.47 MB, 400x306)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>48174385
What game ? HG ?
>>
>>48174385
That's why I waited til I got to the route next to mahogany to hunt. In SS the only pokemon are Mareep, Flaaffy, and Spearow(Zubat at night)
>>
File: pain.gif (470 KB, 200x200)
470 KB
470 KB GIF
>>48174385
>40k encounters
wtf...
>>
just passed 330 eggs for shiny scyther in ultra sun...... last shiny was centiscortch in sword.

please bless me chan gods
>>
File: Brass_Tower_HGSS.png (18 KB, 253x256)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
you may reply to this post if, and ONLY if, you get a 9/11 shiny
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?
Sinjoh Ruins Dialga, Trapinch in Sapphire, Tepig in White
>How are you hunting it
SR, RE, SR
Another damn Bunnelby in Y
Tentacool in Ruby when I was like 6
>>
File: 0210911-14204.jpg (197 KB, 1079x843)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
Took me all day but i did it
>>
File: kuku approve.png (162 KB, 289x471)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>48175802
holy kek
>>
>>48175802
only the one day?

yuo lucky bitch im on day 3
>>
>>48175935
Started at midnight this morning and havent slept at all. I feel incredibly blessed.
>>
>>48165280
It's not rigged but definitely the hardest way to hunt (excluding shit like 1% encounters) due to the 1/8000 encounter rate and 0 ways of reducing it. I did it for a slowpoke and it took me two weeks and about 12k encounters in Leaf Green. If you desperately want a gen 3 shiny, get ruby/sapphire/emerald and learn how to RNG abuse, otherwise if you can avoid it i'd recommend just doing it on any other game where your target can be caught/bred and just use any of the available methods to improve your odds like the shiny charm, masuda method, chain fishing, friend safari, etc etc
>>
>>48165231
>What are you hunting?/How are you hunting it
No current hunts, i've been working on my gen 6 living dex/ribbons, but i'm tempted to try another hunt while i'm here due to the massively improved shiny odds
Shiny flabebe (yellow flower), got it before reaching the second gym when I was hunting for a white flower flabebe, definitely reignited my hope in finding a shiny after 0 random shiny encounters during the last ~10 playthroughs i've done to work on my living dex
I believe it was a shiny patrat in Black, although sadly I no longer have it for some reason, must have been left behind at some point when transferring up to gen 6
>>
>>48174572
Soulsilver, route 32. The funny thing is that before I started, I SR'd for a shiny starter around ~100 resets I found a shiny cyndaquil but accidently SR'd over it. Not even 50 resets later and I found a shiny totodile. This is my first time attempting a pre gen 6 shiny run and I have NEVER had a hunt this long.
>>
File: 20210911_183144.jpg (3.03 MB, 4032x3024)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>48175410
BROS I GOT THE PIG
(kinda ironic given the date >.> <.<)
>>
>>48175802
kek, I will recite a Hadith in your honour today anon
>>48176278
Congratulations anon, did you nickname it Cheney?
>>
>>48176560
Inshallah bro
>>
File: Route 42 Odds.png (7 KB, 562x382)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>48176154
Sorry to hear your pain anon, have you phased in that time or just an outright drought?
>>48174843
Thanks for the tip, if I phase again I'll hunt here. Just checked The calculator and using Static it's an 80% encounter rate for Mareep/Flaaffy on Route 42, 70% on Route 43
>>
>>48175802
Top kek, beautiful.
>>
File: shinyporygon - .jpg (10 KB, 275x206)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Got my shiny Porygon earlier, not to bad a hunt, been putting about an hour or two in the last few evenings and hunting almost all day today while watching films.

>>48176278
Very nice, congrats

>>48175802

congrats on your 9/11 explodey ball.
I couldn't think of a decent 9/11 themed name for porygon.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (86 KB, 562x368)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>48175802
>>
>>48176828
dat nature tho. what a get
>>
File: 200w.gif (656 KB, 200x270)
656 KB
656 KB GIF
>>48176849
I hadn't actually looked up what the best nature was for it!
>>
>>48176877
I dont know what the meta says but usually for special attackers you want timid or modest. Pretty sure either porygon 2 or Z can make use of timid.
>>
>>48176828
>I couldn't think of a decent 9/11 themed name for porygon.

>Spends all of it's time in cyperspace
>Vague connection to 9/11
>Timid
Has to be /pol/ surely
>>
File: done.jpg (144 KB, 1125x844)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>48176907
Can't argue with that logic
>>
>>48176907
heh
>>
>>48176154
Based
Nice Micro btw
>>
>>48176954
based /pol/ygon, shame that the shiny got screwed from gen 6 onward.
>>
File: oh shit-.jpg (226 KB, 1125x1500)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
This is worrying.
>>
>>48177248
kek
Any reason you hunted it on FRLG instead of HGSS? Looks good in the overworld
>>
>>48177295
been playing more on Firered lately after catching the legendary birds and finding the Gameboy Micro better for SRing.

I got a save backed up so its still on fire red as well, but it was mainly just so I could see them in the overworld.
>>
41,326 encounters, 3rd phase. Other phases were: 2 shiny ekans and a shiny hoppip. 9/11 shiny but month and year are not accurate on my DS. It's over.
>>
>>48177569
Meant to say 3 previous phases, but yeah. I guess it's time to find out who my next hunt should be for my shiny SS team.
>>
>>48177332
>I got a save backed up so its still on fire red
Unfathomably based, I do the same thing. GBxCart?
I’ve always wanted a micro for the same reason desu, all the buttons are nice and close together.
>>
>>48177569
Congrats anon, huge pay off!
Nice balltism too.
Fix your ds date mashallah
>>
>>48176560
Nah, I didn't want to be a dick xD
Maybe I'll name it Ham-as
>>
>>48177609
>Ham-as
>>
Fuck Furrets shiny colour is so nice looking
>>
>>48177569
based pink sheep, and the matching ball is just the icing on top
>>
>>48173574
Typhlosion/Feraligatr
Heracross
Ho-Oh
Ampharos
Gengar
and then either Scizor, Nidoking or maybe just Gyarados if I get Typhlosion because I'm a lazy cunt and love both anyway
if I could get Tyranitar without risking the Safari Zone catch I would go for that but it's too late in the game otherwise
whichever starter I don't get this run I'll use in SS and only get Lugia shiny too
>>
File: 1404765127734.png (13 KB, 384x239)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>48175802
kek
>>48177054
>playing gen 6+ games
wanna actually do something with my shinybros other than the tower clones tyvm
>>
>What are you hunting?
Any starter in HGSS
>How are you hunting it
Soft resetting
Claydol in SwSh, got it randomly while knocking out raids.
I wanna say Zubat back when Silver was new.

Anyway sup. Trying to follow along with a few other anons here and start a shiny badge quest in HGSS.
>>
>>48177569
Congrats my man, looks like my comment >>48174572 had broke the curse for you.
>>
File: 1620722605860.png (139 KB, 368x368)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
Somebody called me sad for spending my free time hunting shinies. Are we sad, bros?
>>
>>48178095
Welcome anon, good luck!
>>48178252
Sure, could be worse though. At least your not spending your free time smoking crack.
>>
>>48178252
if their opinion is influenced by the people that do it on youtube for ad revenue and donations then i get where they're coming from
>>
>>48178252
I’m multitasking while hunting so jokes on them
>>
What's it like to do a full odds (1/8192) shiny hunt?
>>
File: 20180724_203025.jpg (613 KB, 1152x2048)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>48179269
makes you want to die and keep living at the same time
>>
>>48179269
it sucks for about 60 hours of spamming buttons, and then a small moment of the payoff. And then you get to post about it here once a week and other anons ignore you. wouldn't trade it for anything else
>>
>>48179269
Don’t do it in gen3 games because the RNGs are fucked.
Never shiny breed in gen3 , 4 and 5 “legitimately” because the coding are fucked beyond comprehension- each gen are different in that regard-. Only RNG manipulate the shiny eggs.
Random encounters in gen4 and 5 are fine, but prepare yourself to get shitty luck every now and then, that’s why I recommend multitasking.
>>
>>48165305
>Mareep
What is RE using static method anon? I want shiny pink sheep too.
>>
>>48179306
Random Encounters, a lead pokemon with the ability Static increases chances of finding Electric types
>>
>>48179306
If you leading the team with a Pokémon / static ability, the Electric encounters will increase dramatically.
>>
>>48179311
>>48179313
Thanks. Never know about it before, maybe I will try this sometime in Heartgold. Though now I hate it if the nature doesn't match because I have modest Feraligatr.
>>
>>48177792
Actually shiny furret is my fav mon. That fucker looks sooooo good.
>>
>>48179306
TA
As the other two anons explained, by using a Pokémon with static (mareep) as your lead you half the odds of every encounter on the route, then add the electric type as 50%.
So Mareep goes from 20%, halved to 10% and then has 50% added for a final encounter rate of 60% during the day.
You can also use the repel trick with this method to raise the odds to about 75%, can go into further detail if anyone is interested.
>>
>>48175407
I got one from an SOS battle, but reset due to its imperfections.
>>
File: johto.jpg (34 KB, 480x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Redpill me on some good gen 4 hunts/hunting techniques outside of Pokeradar or Masuda Method (e.g how you can hunt all three starters at once.) Can be either HGSS or DPP.
>>
>>48177597
I use an R4 card on my DS and back it up onto that.
Always keep a back up of my shinies, I usually back up the saves, and get them onto the bank too.
>>
>>48179291
>Never shiny breed in gen3 , 4 and 5 “legitimately” because the coding are fucked beyond comprehension- each gen are different in that regard-.

redpill me
>>
>>48179291
Gen 3 isnt broken as a whole. Only emerald with the shiny frame and RS can be the same if the battery dies but FRLG are normal 1/8192 odds.
>>
>>48179306
pretty much what the other anons said, but magnet pull does the same thing with steel types if you're interested.
gen 8 brought in a couple more (i think flash fire for fire types and a grass equivalent) but i don't give a shit about gen 8 so i don't fully know.
>>
>>48179306
>>48182651
Magnet Pull: Increases steel type encounters
Static: Increases electric type encounters
Storm Drain: Increases water type encounters
Harvest: Increases grass type encounters
These abilities' outside battle effects only work if the pokemon with the ability is in the front of your parety.

Pressure and hustle also increase the likelihood of encountering stronger wild pokemon.
>>
>>48182088
FRLG don't suffer from the beginning seed/shiny frame thing?
>>
>>48183316
they don't have an internal clock
>>
I'm over 50 boxes with MM and shiny charm for a galar yamask please end my suffering
>>
File: 7whhbj.png (7 KB, 400x240)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
your final mid-raid bump of the weekend, sirs.
>>
File: 1620108115177.gif (2.43 MB, 360x360)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB GIF
ffffffuck I just want my Totodile already
>>
File: 1559739410484.gif (194 KB, 239x239)
194 KB
194 KB GIF
>>48181566
I will make it simple : why I say never shiny breed in these games because A) the breeding process overall is slow as fuck, it is so slow you would stab yourself with a spoon. B) the shiny frame is not really "random". each of the mentioned gens had its own unique way :
Gen3 : tied to walking cycles for whatever reason. and in Honen games - Emerald in particular - you will find it is very easy to manuplate your way through the shiny.
Gen 4 : the frame is tied to date and excat time. As you play normally you won't know that but if you cracked the shiny frame you will see how helpless it is.
Gen 5 : don't have enough info yet - it is more complex than gen 3 and 4 ofc -, but the tedium still there it will make you sick.
Summary for full odds hunting : RE in gen 4 and 5 are fine. RE in gen3 works for FRLG and RS - with working battery only - if you don't mind minor tedium in there. Other than that it is not worth it and use the RNG pill for your own sanity.
>>
>>48183316
Nope, FRLG and RS dont have the shiny frame bullshit. If the battery in your RS runs out though those games will have the same issue Emerald does.
>>
>>48186197
Overall yes. However, people discovered that you can find a shiny frame in there by what is your options settings and keeping the entire intro plays fully everytime - a fucking speedrunner figured that out ffs -.
It is still more complicated than Honnen games and needs some work to get your way to the shiny frame.
>>
>>48186197
The internal battery of R/S is always on. Two months later and i started getting”THE INTERNAL BATTERY HAS RUN DRY, but the game will still run properly. Though time based events will no longer occur.” Every fucking time I loaded up ever since.
>>
>>48186172
Last thing to add: I figured a rule of thumb for the full odds shiny hunting: if the time between 2 encounters are higher than 30 seconds, drop that hunt. It’s not worth it unless if you are streaming or a big youtuber.
>>
>>48186266
It’s not a big deal, now the shiny frames are now predetermined and constant. For example: if the shiny frame is 97 seconds after starting the file, you will always get a shiny at that frame.
>>
>>48186724
>my zoomie brain can’t handle a real hunt
apart from this shit take the rest of your info is helpful
>>
>>48187213
> ~2 minutes per SR for Platinum starter
> 10 minutes or more for hatching 5 eggs, assuming the daycare wasn’t a dickbag and didn’t make you wait longer
> +6 minutes for catching a shadow Pokémon in Colosseum then check if it’s shiny
> +30 minutes for the god damn shiny Manaphy
I mean you do you, I won’t judge
I just gave my advice because I spent an entire year for the shiny Turtwig and got nothing out of it. I don’t want anyone else to suffer the same thing.
>>
>>48187256
fair enough anon, I feel that pain
spent about 200 hours resetting for a snivy in black, but the payoff was massive
don’t give up on Turtwig bro
>>
File: feelsbadman.png (195 KB, 600x400)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
im not
no..
;-;
>>
File: anon.gif (1.97 MB, 640x484)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>48187352
>>
>>48186091
how many resets in are you? I'm at 750 with a 3DS and DS
>>
>>48188080
I don't even know anymore man
I've been going on and off at it for months
got a Chikorita the other day, which uh... yeah
I'd imagine I'm doing at least 1000 encounters a day at this point
>>
>>48188084
Damn good luck man. maybe cut down the daily resets so you don't get burnt out on it.

we're all gonna fuckin make it bro.
>>
File: 1618703808460.jpg (95 KB, 640x838)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
>>48189036
lel wtf
>>
>>48189036
next level attention seeking
>>
>>48186266
This anon >>48186751 is correct. If you can figure out the shiny frame you can manipulate this and guarantee yourself a shiny.
>>
File: 1631240985222.png (20 KB, 593x584)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>48189036
>muh towers
>>
Once I started hunting in the games with 1/8192 odds, I can't feel the same satisfaction in the newer games. Anyone else feel this way too?
>>
File: greenman.jpg (1.33 MB, 3024x4032)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
YEAH BABY

733 eggs and we made it bros
>>
>>48189780
Getting a full odds shiny always feels more special.
>>
>>48189787
gratz! but zyzz would not approve of swsh shinies
>>
>>48179096
Based. Me too. I'm fucking my husband while shinyhunting.
>>
>>48186172
>AIEEEEE DONT DO FULL ODDS BREEDING HUNTZ. IT TAKES TOO LONG
are you a retard?
>>
>>48190359
Pick up a gen4 game and see how long it takes to just hatch 5 eggs - espicially if you go for a high egg cycle egg like Bagon-.
Best case scenario is if you got an extra copy with different region to speed up the egg generations to the max, but I don't believe everyone got the same seeing the damn price.
>>
>>48189780
I’ve never actively hunted in Gen 6+, but I got two shiny mareeps in my first run of X. Neither felt very special.
>>
Missed the event early on so I bred a bunch of eggs to get a shiny magikarp. Nothing special but my first ever shiny in all my years playing this fucking franchise so it felt amazing.
>>
>>48189036
This is bullshit and I'm tempted to sperg on why this shiny "story" isn't even real
>>
if that guy's shiny alakazam is so smart then why didn't it stop 9/11?
>>
>>48192584
my thoughts exactly anon, further proof 9/11 was an inside job
>>
>What are you hunting?
Mr Mime or Chatot
>How are you hunting it
Random Encounters, Route 218 in Platinum
Lugia in Soul Silver a few months back
Hasn't happened. Every shiny I have has been hunted!

Good luck on your hunts everyone!
>>
>>48165231
>>What are you hunting?
Bulbasaur in leaf green, atm. I was hunting a shiny Raiku/Entei in soul silver, but it's a looooooong reset on top of full odds so I gave up.

>>How are you hunting it
Soft resets, I'm about 5000 in so far, and I could use some inspiration to keep going.

Nidorina in soul silver. Was hunting for a Nidorino in the grass, but this was almost as good

Unless I'm forgetting one, I don't think I've ever encountered a shiny when I wasn't looking for one :(
>>
File: 1554889001620.png (46 KB, 878x772)
46 KB
46 KB PNG
bump for STILL no totodile
>>
File: 1608925985099.png (870 KB, 1802x1012)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>What are you hunting?
Rayquaza
>How are you hunting it
Lairs in SWSH don't bully this is all I have right now
Pic related. Got him a couple runs in, not sure what I wanna do with him yet.
Wurmple in Emerald, I didn't accidentally fainted it and I still hate myself for it to this day.
>>
File: 20210914_061319.jpg (1.96 MB, 3112x2777)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
BASED
>>
>What are you hunting?
Azelf
>How are you hunting it?
DA
Magmar while hunting Azelf
Rhydon in friend safari when I was 13. I unfortunately traded it away for a shiny starmie online that I later found out was hacked
>>
>>48198684
how many resets? I'm at 1800 rn
>>
File: 1607980814958.png (215 KB, 480x640)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>48198684
Congrats anon!
>>
File: based department.jpg (18 KB, 720x463)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>48198684
>>
>>48198721
Got mine at 2951 SR. Took about a week lol
>>
>>48168116
I got my monkey, took about 700 eggs doing mm, but no shiny charm. This is my first shiny in USUM.
>>
File: 1562170699130.jpg (30 KB, 508x408)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>48198684
>>
File: PXL_20210914_153327356~2.jpg (2.64 MB, 3024x2707)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>48199578
Congrats, anon
>>
File: PXL_20210914_154135332~2.jpg (2.95 MB, 3024x2909)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB JPG
very good nature as well
so excited to finally start bros...
>>
>>48199578
>>48199606
>jolly

AAAAAAA son of a bitch that's good
>>
>>48199578
grats mate
>>
File: 1631607424528.gif (41 KB, 540x450)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>48199578
nice job man
>>
>>48199578
>>48199606
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOO gratz anon
>>
HOLY SHIT LETS GO 1966 SR’S

TOTODILECHAD WE ARE BLESSED TODAY
>>
how the fuck do i get in on this big dick johto shiny energy
>>
>>48199823
Start hunting anon! gl
>>
>>48199810
Based Chikobro. You got yours faster than i did mine.
>>
>>48199823
Well HGSS is the only game where you see if a starter is shiny before picking it. So the chance to get one is trice as high for the same/less amount of time other games have

Sadly i cant restart my HG or my SS since my HG has the whole Safari Zone unlocked, while my wife made a save on SS and is SRing for Suicune.
I´d really love to though
>>
>>48199997
If you have a hacked 3ds you could backup the HG save and then reset
>>
>>48200097
I dont....

never wanted to get into homebrew and shit since i know i´d get super lazy and fall for the injecting meme. And i dont want that.
>>
damn, a lot of shiny chikoritas suddenly exist
>>
>>48200511
What do you expect, its autumn
>>
If I do a Soul Silver SBQ is it lame to hunt some of the mons in the sinnoh games?
>>
>>48165231
I like these threads, they're a nice. I'm still technically on the hunt for Zekrom but I had to put it down since school and work are starting to take over a bulk of my schedule. I was thinking of picking up my Gen 2 Ponyta hunt again after I finish with Zekrom though, either that or Gen 3 Skitty.
>>
File: !.png (51 KB, 720x479)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Wasn't really hunting, but while grinding in the pokemon tower I found this beautiful blue tongued bitch! Its the first random shiny that I've found that's actually something I really like. I'm not too attached to this nickname any suggestions?
>>
>>48201790
nice find! maybe call it Tiliqua after the blue tongue lizard.
>>
File: Cassie & Friends.png (3.79 MB, 1738x2110)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB PNG
>>48200837
why would it be, I've picked up a couple so far already
>>48201790
Mildred
>>
File: 1627964626718.png (30 KB, 709x459)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Random emulator shiny. 1/1024 odds but still pretty neat. Too bad this is a nuzlocke and it's probably not long for this world.
>>
>>48202288
I've only had one shiny appear during a nuzlocke, so I bent the rules a little by catching it (4th encounter on the route), and I gave it a second chance when fainted. and then I just boxed it instead of releasing it, but didn't use it again.
>>
>>48202311
It's generally accepted that shinies and static encounters don't count towards the first encounter rule. Some people use shiny clause, which is shiny pokemon don't need to be released, though I think most just stop using it after it faints.
>>
Just caught this in Emerald. Shame it's on my phone, would have transferred up through the gens if it were on cartridge.
>>
>>48202647
Well, if you use PKhex…..
>>
File: 1605325242711.png (9 KB, 716x467)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>48202288
And another one about an hour later. Wonder if I should get a lottery ticket.
>>
>>48202311
For some reason I've found a shiny in every nuzlocke I've played, all of them in early routes.
>>
>>48198684
>>48199578
>>48199810
Congrats lads!
>>
>>48202740
meme odds help
>>
>>48203099
1/1024 is pretty high compared to 4096 or 8192, but it's still pretty damn rare. I've done 4 attempts before this run and didn't find a shiny on any of them.
>>
>>48202731
I guess... Sorta feels like it's cheating though
>>
>discover semi-reliable method of shiny hunting antique sinistea
>shiny luck in swsh immediately goes down the toilet
>over 2 weeks without a single shiny, not even a phony one
>meanwhile in go, 12 shinies in the last 3 fucking days
>can't even transfer them to home yet because of niantic's retarded timegate/paywall bullshit
ebin, simbly ebin
>>
>>48203370
>discover semi-reliable method of shiny hunting antique sinistea
Spill please.
>>
>>48168927
yay!
>>
yaaay!
>>
yaaaaay!
>>
>>48203522
>no shiny mark next to the pentagon
?
>>
>>48203650
...wtf. didn't even notice, no idea what happened there. might've been me cycling through the non-shiny scatterbugs trying to get a screenshot with luma (need to press L + select + down)
>>
>>48203413
KOing an overworld mon increases the chance that the next overworld mon that spawns will be the same species and form as the one you KO'd (assuming you don't get a random encounter inbetween). If you save in front of an Antique Sinistea and keep KOing them until something else spawns, then reset to get the first Sinistea back and repeat until you get a shiny, there's about a 5/6 chance the shiny will be Antique.
>>
File: 9my9pzmf2s771.png (170 KB, 600x600)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
hunting Mareep next for the dream team. Pray for me to have a quick hunt bros...
>>
>>48203895
I have given Sadaqah for your quest brother, please do the same for me.
Also don’t forget to use static
>>
>>48203932
Thank you brother. Of course, no way I would make those odds lower. Good luck with yours!
>>
>>48203935
Excellent Brother, 9000 encounters and climbing. May my suffering be enough for the both of us.
>>
Going to shiny hunt a dialga when bdsp comes out
>>
>>48204211
>implying it won't be locked
>>
>>48204211
>implying the legendaries won't be locked
shiny locks are the worst
>>
I'm rather excited because I hatched my shiny friend ball Kabuto today. It had been a while for me on this hunt and I am really excited to share! I might want to take a weekend or two off. Maybe breed some fossils in other apricorn balls rather than just shiny hunting, but I think my next hunt, eventually is friend ball Lileep. (My first random shiny encounter was a golden Graveler in Ruby that blew up on me.) Also pardon my impending camping experience dump!
>>
No words
>>
>>48202647
If you have a DS flashcart you can back up the save from a GBA cart to PC, then copy that phone file to PC. After, you can use VBA to trade between the two game saves, then copy the save with the shiny traded over back to the GBA cart. That's how I trade between Emerald and LG since I don;t have a cable or GBAs
>>
>>
>>
>>
Good luck to all you shiny hunters!
>>
>>48203520
I forgot scatterbug was a pokemon. Thanks swsh.
>>
>What are you hunting?
japanese nihilego in competition ball
>How are you hunting it
dynamax adventure
bold cofagrigus in premier ball
tentacruel in japanese silver, before its global release.

currently I am looking for a competition ball in sword and shield. I have 3 safari, would anyone like a trade for this ball? this seems to be a legitimate place.
>>
File: 20210915_041822.jpg (294 KB, 1445x853)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>48205954
>>
>>48204216
>>48204239
>th-they'll b-be locked
They only lock the new legendaries, to force people to play the fucking game and finish the story, instead of sitting SR'ing like retards for the alt palate. It's depressing you children don't understand that...
>>
>>48205954
Thank god i caught up with the 999 items raids. There’s no way I would’ve put up with those bullshit odds.
>>
>>48206053
>They only lock the new legendaries
>They locked Mewtwo and the chicken trio in X&Y for no fucking reasons
> locked Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza in ORAS despite being old, also because there are fucking “cutscenes” afterwards.
Shiny hunting new legendary was not an issue in the past, why now they acted like if you kept soft resetting for a shiny will ruin the game for everyone? Let people play the fucking game as they damn well please.
>>
>>48205954
If you reset the game before you go back to the
menu but after seeing if the pokemon are shiny, you don't lose the ball. You just have to alternate which legendary you go in for otherwise you'll always get the same Adventure, down to the pokemon you see during the run; and if you reset too many times you get slapped with penalties anyway.
>>
>>48206123
It's clearly bait anon, don't fall for it.
>>
File: 20210915_053921.jpg (1.41 MB, 3893x2190)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>48206145
thank you, I'm aware of this, I screwed up on first nihilego and caught her in luxury ball instead of level ball I had. it was the 1 time I used a different ball that she appeared shiny... so now I will get her in my other game in the sports ball instead.. a long time from now.
>>
Been SOS Chaining for a Shiny Elgyem with its Hidden Ability since Sunday and finally got it yesterday.
The chain nearly reached 1500 and I encountered four other Shiny Elgyems before one with its Hidden Ability finally appeared.
>>
>>48206271
Sun or Ultra sun ?
>>
>>48206278
Ultra Moon.
>>
File: wtf.png (618 KB, 1124x867)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
>>48205827
we've could've gotten vivillon back. instead, they wasted time on this piece of shit.
>>
What's this "phase" thing people keep bringing up in relation to shiny hunting?
>>
>>48206445
True.
SwSh was disappointing in many ways.
>>
>>48206524
When you get a Shiny during a hunt that wasn't your target, that's called a "phase."
>>
>>48206533
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>48166164
i got my applin, but as i was hatching the rest of my eggs i got another applin
>>
>>48206445
The only thing bad about alcremie is that its female only.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.