[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It's been two years since the dexcut was announced for the then-upcoming Pokemon Sword and Shield., which finally encouraged (most) people to call out Game Freak.
>How did you feel about it then?
>How do you feel about it now?
>Did you buy the game despite the dexcut?
>If yes to the above, did you buy the DLC?
>>
>>47347416
>>How did you feel about it then?
don't care because box filler is irrelevant to the game's quality
>>How do you feel about it now?
don't care because box filler is irrelevant to the game's quality
>>Did you buy the game despite the dexcut?
yes
>>If yes to the above, did you buy the DLC?
yes
>>
>>47347416
Newest console at home are a pair of 3DS, once the PS3 breaks down it's not getting replaced a second time. Fuck modern gayming, I've been running hacks and it's amazing. They can shove their overpriced tablet on their orifice of choice.
>>
I bought it used, game+dlcs for half the price
Honestly, I have fun playing through it using NFEs (my dudes croagunk+pumpkaboo) but the games are pretty bad. Not horrible for Pokémon games but gamefreak should be ashamed
>>
>>47347437
¥100 have been deposited to your account
>>
>>47347457
t. retard who laps up every game with dozens of flaws worse than the dex cut
>>
>>47347461
>implying dexcut is the flaw
>>
>>47347467
t. retard who laps up every game with dozens of flaws worse than swooshie
>>
>>47347480
>implying SwSh is the worst there is
>>
File: IMG_20200429_060902.jpg (43 KB, 800x445)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>47347416
Nothing
Nothing
Yeah
Yeah

I don't really get attached to most mediocre games. It's just another product. It'd take something as objectively bad as Sonic Forces to get me upset.
>>
>>47347416
Felt like it was an excuse but didn’t care after the initial thought.
Still don’t care.
Wasn’t going to mainly out of having burnout from video games in general but my brother got a dual pack
Yeah. Was decent
>>
>>47347416
I am not a literal autistic, so I shit on swsh necause of their massive flaws. Dexcut is not a flaw. Use different pokemon in every game, so the series might not be "the same" at your eyes.
>>
File: uupa_img.png (8 KB, 494x376)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>47347416
Confused
Disillusioned. I just don't like being lied to
No, because I don't have a Switch. Even if I had one, I still wouldn't buy it
>>
>>47347416
Didn't care about dexit, but I did care about the lack of competence surrounding the games
Don't care dexit but I still care about the lack of competence surrounding the games
Yes
Yes
>>
>>47347416
Angry and betrayed.
The same, but not as much.
Nope. And I don't plan on buying another new Pokemon game and a Switch to play it on until all the Pokemon are playable again.
>>
>>47347416
>final nail in the coffin
>definite sign of pokemon's downfall
>no
>no
If you still buy, you're domesticated. This is incontradictable.
>>
>>47347416
Bought base game and regretted it once I realized how much it sucked
Didn't buy the DLC
>>
>>47347416
>Which finally encouraged most people to call out GF
As in on here, yeah? Cuz SwSh are the best selling pair of games since GS. I fucking hate these games, but they’re an unprecedented success unfortunately.
>Didn’t mind the Dex Cut announcement as supporting 900 Pokemon while keeping the games balanced and animation quality high is unfeasible for GF
>In execution it didn’t add anything but rather only subtracted from the games and I don’t support devs who lie to try and peddle their product (most animations were taken from prior Gens, game balance was a fucking mess with certain busted mon running free pretty much checkless til the DLC arrived, generally just didn’t feel like a Switch game but rather a 3DS port at a higher resolution)
>I softmodded my switch a year before to play Smash a couple weeks early so of course, I had no need to give them my money, eventually played IoA and CT late last year since I’d seen some good things about the latter. Crown Tundra was the most fun I had with these games but IoA didn’t need to exist.
>>
>>47347416
Irritated but mostly resigned to GF low effort standards, they remove a bunch of shit every gen and I’d never worked hard enough to trade up from other gens in the past so I never got a complete dex anyway

The amount of backlash and the fact that they patched in 80% of old mons is hilarious, and going forwards the normie audience is empowered to pay attention and criticise, like with BDSP

I picked up Sword and a Lite because I was genuinely curious about the new characters and region, I like the RPG elements most

Not yet, I was waiting for them to add a third DLC with the last 200 mons so I could catch em all on one platform but doesn’t look like that’ll happen with new releases coming
>>
>>47347416
Dumbfounded, confused and baffled.
Indifferent but still disappointed and slightly annoyed when thinking back on it.
I haven't, I was gifted it.
Bought it solely to see if it's good or not but it should have been in the base game and was an obvious cashgrab.
>>
>>47347416
I don't care that much. I don't transfer Pokemon across games anyway

I still don't care that much but it's kinda fucked that they hold people's pokemon hostage and then charge money for Home. I get cutting the dex if the number of Pokemon has actually become so unmanagable that it's holding quality back (although I'm not sure I even believe that, considering cutting the dex did nothing for the game's quality, and they added most of them back in the DLC for free anyway so it can't have been THAT fucking hard to begin with), but at least let people store and transfer their shit for free.

No, but only because I don't own a Switch
>>
>>47347540
cool apathy anon
>>
>>47347416
I was pretty pissed off but for a while I thought there was some reason they did it, but no ;\
Playing the game it made little difference because I am rarely a person who transfers up. I do it, but oly for a few. I understand people who hve never cared couldn't care less, but I understand the people who have always moved everything up and how pissed off they are
I try to discourage GameFreak with sub-par games, so I tried to rent it off someone else but simply couldn't, so I ended up buying it and renting to others, which can have the same effect.
Yes I did.
>>
>>47347416
Wow, GF really can disappoint people without expectation
The Dexcut was inevitable but it was handled in the worst way imaginable
No, fuck that game
>>
>>47347416
>How did you feel about it then
Sadly being of one of the other thousands of retards that just got the wake-up call about Game Freak as a company from Sword and Shield.
The game was mediocre but still not as bad as X/Y
"I" didn't but got sword as a birthday present even though I didn't want it.
No I got genuinely tired of listening to the same god damn unmemorable bgm of the wild area and the online being absolutely fucking atrotious, even X/Y's system was way better.
Thanks to SS every game that isn't gen 3-5 is garbage to me. (Excluding D/P for obvious reasons)
>>
>>47347416
Welp, they definitely managed to outshit the lackluster demo somehow.
I understand that dexcut would've been done eventually when they finally decide to evolve the series, but they chose them most retarded lies, excuses and time for that. Didn't even mayter since your average consumer was conditioned to become dumber than a brick.
No. Pirated it on emulator, quit after the first GYM after getting bored to death.
No.
>>
>>47347416
>which finally encouraged (most) people to call out Game Freak.
No, it didn't. Its the best selling game in literal decades and is under a million away from outselling GS, not to mention TPC has reported record profits. Whatever you think about the game, you can't deny that it's been wildly successful
I personally never cared because I never bothered to transfer in or out. I did know a lot of people were going to be upset though, and I had hoped it was worth it.
Still don't really care, though I'm curious as to why they don't just patch in the remaining 200 or so mons since most of them are in already
Yeah. It was honestly just exceedingly meh to bordering on bad, but I stuck around for comp battling, and now it has the most hours of any Pokemon game for me
Yeah, half because I wanted the boons they gave to comp players (Lady Clear, cheaper vitamins, Max Soup, Ability Patches) and half because I genuinely wanted to play them. I think it was worth it personally, IoA was decent but CT was actually incredibly fun and is probably the funnest area to explore in the entire series. No roadblocks or story checks past the Calyrex quest and there's tons of shit to find, too. Going in blind helped a lot.
>>
>>47347943
>(Most)
>>
File: 1606482300737.jpg (48 KB, 449x450)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>47347947
Yeah, not even most. If MOST pokemon fans were calling out GF, the games wouldn't have sold so well.
>inb4 "most people who bought the games aren't fans!"
That goes for literally every Pokemon game. This is the normiest series to ever normie, don't act like SwSh brought in some huge surge of non-fans playing the game.
>>
>didn't care, not autistic
>didn't care, not autistic
>yes
>yes
I see you're still immensely triggered, when you're crowdfunding feefees reaction from getting your autism checklist taken away.
>>
>>47347416
I thought the dexcut was disappointing but the sheer autism of people acting like wounded animals over it REALLY made me not want to be associated with it. I bought both the game and DLC enjoyed them a lot best multiplayer in the series.
>>
>>47347965
Yeah, not even most. If MOST pokemon fans were calling out GF, the games wouldn't have sold so well.
So did you just completely forget the part where consoomers like you would buy it regards of the development and end result?
>>
>>47348025
>So did you just completely forget the part where consoomers like you would buy it regards of the development and end result?
Firstly, just because I bought it and enjoyed it doesn't mean I think it's flawless. Opinions aren't just black and white you reactionary mong.
Secondly, most of the fanbase is "consoomers" in that case then, because they sure a fuck bought it. I really don't get what you were trying to imply with this statement.
>>
File: 1620934160067.jpg (52 KB, 547x590)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>47347965
The games would sell regardless of whether or not they're bad or good. You know that, right? The difference here is the backlash that prompted them to add some back via DLCs. Although I wouldn't be surprised if that was their plan all along.
>>
File: 1602441729181.jpg (63 KB, 720x771)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>47348045
>The games would sell regardless of whether or not they're bad or good. You know that, right?
Yes, that was my point. MOST people didn't care and bought it anyways. I'm not trying to deny this, or say that its a good thing, I'm just stating what objectively happened. Unless you're implying that these people aren't Pokemon fans somehow?
>>
>>47347416
Thought it sucked
Think it sucks
No
>>
>>47348042
I don't know what you're implying by it selling well means it's free of critism as you said in your first post. Make up your mind.
>>
>>47347595
Based god.
>>
>>47348048
My bad, thought you were saying something else. A lot of people who say they buy it tend to flaunt the fact that sales = quality for some reason.
>>
File: 1613084044198.png (218 KB, 321x376)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>47348054
>I don't know what you're implying by it selling well means it's free of critism as you said in your first post
see
>>47348048
I didn't come close to saying that you absolutely braindead fucktard. Discourse on this site has rotted your brain to an unprecedented degree. I was simply calling out OP on saying most people were calling out GF, because that very clearly wasn't the case. I outright has criticism of the game in post.
>>
>>47347416
Made me realise I don't need to like the new Pokemon gens. The franchise is moving somewhere I don't like, and I don't have to move with it. I have been just sticking with older games.
I don't really care.
Lmao no, butchering the dex is only half the problem. Also they fucking ruined Slowking.
>>
>>47347416
>
Didn't really care. I've never transferred pokemon in the past, so it's no different from how I always played.
>
The same
>
Yes, and it was fun
>
Yes, and it was even more fun.
>>
>>47348065
Except most people WERE calling out Game Freak. That definitely happened.
>If MOST pokemon fans were calling out GF, the games wouldn't have sold so well.
You said exactly that plain as day. What's not to get?
>>
>>47348045
>The difference here is the backlash that prompted them to add some back via DLCs
Every third version (except Gen I) added new pokémon to the region introduced in the paired games. They called the DLC the replacement for third versions, do you honestly think they weren't adding more pokémon to it, before Dexit and the backlash?
Drooling fucker. You retards pull some strange copes out to handle the fact the world laughed at your autistic arses. Oh by the way, the games would have sold, but if dextards hadn't been squeaking for 5 months before launch, it wouldn't have outsold most Gens in 3 months, but people actually bought the game out of curiosity to see if it really was as horrible as the autstic squeaked it was, because they didn't have Spewpa.
>>
>>47348092
>You said exactly that plain as day. What's not to get?
Are you retarded? How did you misconstrue that statement so badly? I was saying that most fans weren't calling out GF because if they were, the game wouldn't have sold. In fact, its literally impossible to tell if most fans were calling them out, because most fans don't use fucking twitter or some shit. Like I said, this series is the normiest there is.
>>
>>47347416
Anyone got any good threads from that day? I wasn't on /vp/ at the time.
>>
>>47348100
You could still use those pokemon as they were in the data, whereas the DLC was made explicitly to add those Pokémon back into the game accompanied with a free update to make them obtainable in the base game. Which is a step in the right direction. Your comparison to third versions doesn't make sense, DLCs is better than third versions.
>>
>>47347416
Upset.
Even more upset, because there was nothing gained from it. Every justification given was either wrong, a "mistranslation", or a flat-out lie. Even worse, Game Freak/TPC could have fixed this by either letting the Pokemon back in DLC, or even better, let Pokemon have an "active role" in Home like they promised. If Home had battles or even mini-games , that would justify the price hike instead of padding out Home with basic stuff that should have been in the main game anyways. Instead, they gave us: 3DS graphics at Switch prices, the most broken and stale meta in the history of Pokemon, the lame shithole of a region full of incompetent assholes who's culture consists entirely of worshiping Charizard, and a fucking cursor in the credits (how does that even happen?)
No
>>
>>47348109
>I was saying that most fans weren't calling out GF
They. Were.
It wasn't a vocal minority, it wasn't only prominent to a single website. It was everywhere online. I'm not denying the game didn't sell because of course normalfags wouldn't care and still buy it if it was out of curiousity or it being a new game. I'm just saying it selling well doesn't negate any of the discourse that happened all of the fucking web.
>>
>>47348121
My comparison is the crux of the fucking thing, you retarded child. If they called the DLC Gen VIII's rehash and if every rehash since Gen II adds pokémon not in the base pair to the region, then the Gen VIII rehash (had they made a separate full-title version) was going to have pokémon not in base Galar anyway and the fact fat autistic messes cried for 7 months is irrelevant to what Game Freak decided to do with their games.
Eat a double-aught already, save the world from having to suffer your stupidity further.
>>
>>47348141
>They. Were.
A few retards here and on reddit isn't "everyone" kid and certainly not when the games end up selling 5m more copies than their series average for Gens III-VII.
>>
>>47348147
Doesn't change the fact that they could have added things to games since Gen 6 with the capabilities of updates. What's the point you're even trying to make?
>>
>>47347416
It sucks, they're lying and need to unfuck this.
It sucks, they lied and didn't unfuck this.
No.
>>
>>47348155
The games sold very well because they're on the highest selling Nintendo console and people were deprived on a mainline game since Ultra Sun and Moon.
>>
>>47348141
>It wasn't a vocal minority,
It clearly was, even if there was dissent all over the web. If they were, the games wouldn't have sold. This isn't to say it wasn't a lot, because it was, but it sure as fuck wasn't most, because I highly fucking doubt at even 1/100 of the people who bought SwSh dissented in any meaningful way. Again, I'm not saying this was a good thingm I'm just giving you a much needed reality check, because clearly you were living in a bubble over the course of SwSh's release cycle.
>I'm not denying the game didn't sell because of course normalfags wouldn't care
Stop acting like "normalfags" aren't fans retard. If they buy the products and enjoy the games, they're fans.
>>
>>47348155
>Reddit and 4chan are the only websites in existence
>>
>>47348159
But they didn't, because most people wouldn't have a clue (see how many retards bought the worng DLC pack last year anyway).
Better to do that when everyone on the ecosystem has an idea of what DLC is and that needed time to permeate amongst the population.
>>47348162
And how does that counter my point kid? They sold and had there actually been people to care, outside the squeakers, they may not have sold as they did. They outsold the historical average for a 20-year time period in 3 months, THEN sold 5m extra for being on the most popular Nintendo console since Wii.
There was no scenario where you won, because there was no scenario where the majority of the world agreed with your retarded crying.
>>
>>47348168
>>47348166
Still not countering the point it was a very niche minority throwing a tantrum over the games there, son.
>>
>>47348253
>see how many retards bought the worng DLC pack last year anyway
Oh boy, that's still embarrassing to think about, how could people be that dumb? I guess you're right though. Just pissed off how low effort things are and yet people still consume it and don't give a shit.
>>
>>47348262
>Everyone involved in any online discussion about Pokémon games have complained or critiqued on an aspect of Pokémon Sword and Shield
>Pfft that's nothing
Take into the account not everyone (including said normalfags) who buys a game ends up enjoying it and most people don't even finish their games but sure keep pretending "kid".
>>
File: 1601814786284.png (324 KB, 335x506)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>47348349
>>Everyone involved in any online discussion about Pokémon games have complained or critiqued on an aspect of Pokémon Sword and Shield
Wow, I didn't know you were literally everywhere in every Pokemon discussion at once. Clearly you're the grand poobah, omniscient grandmaster of all Pokemon discussion on the internet, and surely aren't just using anecdotal evidence based on where you went and what you browsed when it was a hot topic.
I kneel, king.
>>
>>47348365
>Admits it was a hot topic
>"I-It wasn't that big!"
>>
>>47347416
Upset as the games prior would usually have all previous pokemon in.
Even more upset. I'd welcome a Dexit if previous pokemon didn't have their animations recycled. Its was inevitable sure, but the way it was handled was horrid. The reality wasn't memory space but they had to shit out a game for holiday sales
Bought Cyber Sleuth instead. I'm hyped for Legends though
>>
File: 1599728687072.jpg (6 KB, 249x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>47348407
I never said it wasn't a hot topic, and I never said it wasn't big, just that most pokemon fans weren't throwing a bitchfit about it. Maybe you should stop trying to put words in people's mouths and start trying to have a coherent argument, retard.
>>
>>47347416
I think you have to be a fucking manchildren to feel "sad" because you can not use your favorite Pokémon. I thought that dexcut would be good cause they could have work for better animations and models, but in the end we didn't even get that.
>>
>>47348431
>just that most pokemon fans weren't throwing a bitchfit about it.
Would have loved to be in your alternate world then.
>>
>>47348472
*manchild
fuck me
>>
>>47347416
I wasn't mad, Just disappointed
Meh i went & reignited my love for some other game series's
Negative
>>
File: 1612258477432.jpg (49 KB, 713x226)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>47348488
Well, now that we've established that you're not going to provide any proof that MOST Pokemon fans were bitching about it (and how could you? This is a multi-billion dollar franchise with millions of fans, it'd be impossible), its safe to just write you off as a delusional retard coping with the fact that his side lost in the end. Seeya.
>>
>>47347416

>Thought it sucked ass then and refused to play at the time, but a family member got it for me for Christmas anyway
>Sort of indifferent now really. I did finally get around to putting some time into it and I'm enjoying it mechanically
>I did not, received as a gift
>I'm literally going to buy the DLC now because I got paid today
>>
>>47347461
¥100 have been deposited to your account

You must be swimming in money right now with your vigilant and unending bootlicking.
>>
File: kek.jpg (220 KB, 1080x549)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>47348520
>Asks for evidence when he provided none to begin with
>Literally used Twitter nigger terminology 2 posts above
Galar baitposters are bad at baiting what a suprise
>>
>>47348472
Exactly. Dexit isn't a bad thing in paper, but Sword/Shield was not the game for it when the result was a glorified 3DS game.

The series needs a hardcore reboot formulaic-wise, with only a Stadium-equivalent having all the pokemon
>>
>>47348576

Too based to ever be real
>>
I will never own SWSH and I will never respect swsh fags.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (44 KB, 320x240)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>47348576
This is an actual good idea, with only having to worry about Pokémon battles it makes it fool-proof to approach this especially to give purpose to all the 600+ models they decided to make and have specific animations that weren't fully utilised in the mainline games.
>>
>>47348569
>>Asks for evidence when he provided none to begin with
I don't need to prove a negative retard, that's not how arguing works. When you make a claim and someone tells you its bullshit, you need to provide proof, not the other way around.
>>Literally used Twitter nigger terminology 2 posts above
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
Provide proof or fuck off. I know you won't, because you can't, but you'll just deflect by saying I need to give you proof it DIDN'T happen like some sort of gradeschooler arguing about Santa Claus.
>>
File: 065.png (158 KB, 612x563)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>47348630
>I did not go on the internet until months after SWSH was released therefore I'm right
>What the actual fuck are you talking about?
>>47348365
>>
>>47348663
>Still no evidence
>implying that saying "king" or kneeling vegeta are twitter terminology when the former has been around for decades and the latter started on here
I'm done here, retard
>>
>>47347416
It felt dumb
Still feels dumb
No lol
Never lol
>>
>>47347416
Angry.
Still angry and sad.
No.
>>
>>47347416
Angry
The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. I'm indifference. I don't care anymore about the new games.
No.
-
>>
File: 1577951283066.png (68 KB, 324x395)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>47348688
>Twitard pretending to give up again suffering the burden of proof
Continue to cope within your imagination. Maybe it'll become real someday.
>>
>>47348688
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Sword_and_Shield
>>
>>47347416
Never cared about the dexcut in theory, because I'd cut 400 of those shitter myself if I could. However, I did think they did a poor job of curating which Pokemon to include and exclude. I did think it was pathetic though, and I'm glad GF were called out for something. It just sucks it was something that means so much less than them actually making a good game. I bought the game for someone else, and played a little bit of it. I really didn't like it.
>>
>>47347416
Thought it was funny everyone was so up in arms about it, but I recognized it could be a slippery slope for what they'd remove in the future
Similar
Yes, but I didn't get past the first gym and sold it.
No, I'd already gotten rid of it.
>>
>>47347416
GF is being hypocritical, but hopeful the game will be better for it.
GF is a hypocrite and I would of preferred it if they hadn't lied.
I did not buy the game, I did not care about the dexcut rather I felt the previous games quality had downgraded enough that I should stop there. I have no regrets.
>>
>>47347416
1) I was 155 years old 2 years ago when I thought the idea of limiting the schizo players was amazing. Get the fuck outside.
2) This game redeemed the franchise and dexit was the reason.
3) I bought 1,279,001 copies of the games because I want to encourage all future Pokemon games to be like this.
4) I personally paid for the DLC and DLCs for all of my descendants that will be born this century.
>>
>>47347416
I fell for the "we are cutting them for better quality animations

I now understand they did it to sell dlc and home subscriptions so I care more than I used to

I bought the game, played it once and never touched it again

No I didn't buy the dlc as I didn't want to continue to support gamefreak nor did I want to pay to play more swshit
>>
>>47347416
Anger, hatred and despair. Hate anyone who defended it
Anger, hatred and despair. I hate anyone who would defend
I can easily afford the 70 to buy a used copy of the complete edition but I'm waiting for a cheaper price on principal
>>
>>47347416
didn't care
still don't care
yes
yes
>>
File: 1529947304585.png (41 KB, 224x192)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>47347416
I was pretty upset.
Still upset, because I still can't use my bromon in SwSh and give it ribbons.
No. Until my bromon gets in, I'm not playing.
>>
>>47349072
holy basado
>>
>>47347416
>thought it was sorta bad but not a big deal
>same
>yeah
>no but maybe soon, very bored
>>
>>47347416
>it’s been two years
>stantlercucks are still crying
the absolute state.
>>
File: 1450837212135.jpg (42 KB, 389x388)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>47348431
>every single Pokemon community on the entire internet immediately lit up with criticism the moment dexit news dropped
>literally every single one, even tiny alcoves of fan league autism had people speaking up in criticism
>literally the most divisive topic in the history of the franchise
>even many people who actually bought the shitheap that was SWSH hate dexit and just keep buying because it's fucking Pokemon and there's nothing else that quite scratches that itch
It's not the vocal minority you're trying to paint and this is going to be a point of contention for years to come. Just because someone bought SWSH doesn't mean they're happy with dexit, and everyone regardless of their position on the matter is going to have to come to terms with that fact. Purchasing a game doesn't mean you approve of literally every single aspect, never has and never will.
>>
>>47349850
>>every single Pokemon community on the entire internet
You realise the vast majority of people who play Pokemon will never discuss it on the internet right? Some spergs on reddit and 4chan complaining is like .001% of the overall playerbase
>>
>>47347416
Very mad because it was very unique feature
Still mad.
Yes. Used.
No. I dont feel like its worth the price.
>>
File: 1623435459786.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Thought it was extremely shitty. Went after Game Freak's throat in the first instance before realizing they were probably crunched by TPCi and just didn't have the time. Game Freak is full of idiots, at least some of the directors are, but the situation they were put in to be forced to cut corners makes me question what really happened. Greed is a terrible thing and cut content because of deadlines for holiday sales isn't new.

Still kind of mad but once they introduced more in the DLC I suppose I didn't feel so cheated. Still upset that a lot of Pokemon are left out for no reason. If they were free DLC and even transfer-only, people would forgive everything unless they're turbo autists. It was never an issue before in terms of people just transferring their favorites, so why are they treating it like it is now? Especially after introducing Home, which was built on the idea of transferring Pokemon? Were they to promise early on that missing Pokemon would return at a later date in a patch, this would have never happened. That's all the majority of people were and have been asking for.

Yes. Boycotting Pokemon is as retarded as trying to keep a glass of water out of the ocean. Speaking with my wallet wouldn't have done jack shit because Pokemon is too big to not make a ton of sales. I still had fun but it was extremely bittersweet and I could tell the games weren't at their fullest potential.

Also yes. Crown Tundra was a good step in the right direction but Isle of Armor felt like a waste of time.
>>
>>47347416
It was dumb then, its dumb now, bought the game, hated it anyway, didn't buy DLC
>>
>>47347416
Bad
Good, it motivates me to play the previous games
No, but only because the switch itself does not seem like something I'd want
>>
File: 1614555866679.jpg (35 KB, 768x576)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>47350142
You realize the "Pokemon" subreddit alone has over 3m users, right? The sample size of Pokemon communities on the internet is more than large enough to assume that even people who don't actually engage in internet discourse will likely not appreciate dexit. Just because someone doesn't actively speak up, doesn't mean they automatically approve.
>>
>>47350202
>3 million users
lol
>>
>>47347416
Mad and disappointed
Lucky that I bought DQXI instead. The removal of the National Dex was completely unjustified and GF lied.
Kek. Rented it instead. Awful game
Imagine paying 30 bucks more for a low quality game
>>
>>47350265
The subreddit has a subscriber count right there for you if you don't believe me.
>>
>>47350363
if you think 3 million reddit subscribers = million sales you're fucking delusional
I'd be surprised if more than 1% of those people actually bought the game
>>
File: 1526397483651.png (271 KB, 400x400)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>47350446
You and I both know there's no way to know how many of them actually bought the game, but what we can say for sure is that nearly every single person subscribed to that sub is a Pokemon fan. The main Pokemon subreddit was totally and utterly divided over dexit, just like every single other Pokemon community.

Yes, the majority of fans aren't going to participate in discourse. Hell, I don't even participate in discourse most of the time. Never on reddit or twitter, at least. But just because you're not participating, doesn't mean you don't have an opinion.
>>
File: 1495738136575.jpg (90 KB, 850x708)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>47347416
A dull disappointment. I was surprised they went that far, but USUM and LGPE had lowered my expectations so much by that point that I couldn't even feel angry.
I don't really care, I've most lost interest in the franchise at this point, but I can't believe how many people outright defend it still.
No. I actually had it gifted it to me a few months after it released, but I sold it without opening and bought Astral Chain instead. Really fun game, can't wait for a sequel.
>>
>>47350164
>Boycotting Pokemon is as retarded as trying to keep a glass of water out of the ocean.
Maxie takes offense to that.
>>

as a smogonfag i was happy with it. smogon is so permissive with Pokemon and sets (see: Wish Blissey, which was exclusive to a single store for 2 weeks in 2004) that the power creep was getting out of control, turning OU into ubers lite. there was just no way to prepare for everything with 6 mons and 24 moves

pissed, because the DLCs brought back almost all the legendaries but not mons that can deal with them
>>
File: 1519328736375.jpg (15 KB, 448x276)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>47350707
>I don't like this stupidly rare move that's been meta for four gens straight
>rather than asking the developers to make the move more accessible, I'd rather they just cut Pokemon entirely
You got what you deserved.
>>
File: 1617066890646.jpg (33 KB, 460x290)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>47347416
Upset, but hopeful that it would mean that more work would go to another facet of the game.
Upset, because we got no compromise. The dex was cut and then the game was still unpolished and cheap looking.
Yes and I've regretted it ever since.
Nope. I'm not giving GF any more money until they show me something actually worth $60. Legends Arceus looks like it has the potential to be worthy, but I need more details and gameplay.

More recently, I've been using Home to attempt to complete my National Dex. I'm getting pretty close. Only some DLC mon and some Mythicals left to go. But I ran into frustrations when I wanted to send some mons over to Sword so I could quickly evolve them, then put them back into Home to fill those slots, only to find that a good chunk of them simply could not go in there because of the dex cut.

What's more, my favorite boy Furfrou was part of that cut. I wanted to see my fluffy boy in HD, but no.
>>
>>47350363
Reddit sub counts aren’t real, you only see the real numbers if you buy an ad
>>
File: 1455987082488.jpg (3 KB, 132x140)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>47350956
Massive cope.
>>
>>47350956
meds
>>
>>47347416
I fucking hated it.
I still fucking hate it.
The Expansion-pass version over a year later, yes.
The Expansion-pass version over a year later.

I'm a shiny hunter, so i pretty much just got it to hunt the new 'mons and Dynamax adventure legendaries that were shiny locked before. If support for all Pokemon never return again, i'm dropping Pokemon forever.
>>
>>47347416
>How did you feel about it then/now?
Shocked, but not too shocked/Upset.
Before the announcement, I felt that Pokémon had gotten so mediocre compared to other RPGs, that the only thing that really stood it apart was the connectivity that allowed you to use just about every single monster in the series within the current game mechanics. With that gone along with everything else revealed about SWSH at the point being very unimpressive, why even bother?
Sure the dexcut may be inevitable, but the excuses for it and the execution of it were done in the worst ways possible that it's basically a scam. If they were working on major overhauls that involve detail work on each individual Pokémon and/or say that they plan to eventually add all the cut reoccuring content back in through post-release patches, that would've been understandable. Utilizing DLC was probably the only thing they've done somewhat right, but they really should've done that back in the 3DS era as well.
No. Pre-dexcut, I was usually the kind of person to either pre-order the games or buy them at or shortly after release. After dexcut was announced, I was planning to wait and buy it used, but after more info was revealed about the games shortly before release with stuff that was even worse than the dexcut, I decided not to. They're not even worth pirating, DLC or not.
I haven't bought a single Pokémon product since the dexcut announcement. I'll never buy another GameFreak developed Pokémon game and quite possibly any Pokémon product new ever again and the sooner GameFreak is removed from Pokémon entirely, the better.
>>
>>47351182
GF will likely never be removed from Pokemon entirely, they're part owner of the franchise and no one owns them.
>>
>>47347416

Betrayed, furious.
I'm still mad
Big fat NOPE. Dexcut was not the only dealbreaker tho.
>>
>>47350730

it was just an example of how much smogon values backwards compatibility.

pokemon has a lot in common with trading card games, where older cards have to be regularly removed from competitive play as new cards are introduced for balance's sake. game freak knows this - their official format mandates that whatever Pokemon you use was caught or hatched in the current gen. smogon doesn't.
>>
>>47347437
dex filler
>>
>>47352544
not dex filler
>>
>>47352506
Consider that maybe not everyone wants to play a format where old tools are habitually discarded for new ones. Cutting Pokemon is a retarded measure when simply enforcing policy for official formats, like they've been doing for years now, accomplishes the exact same results without fucking over everyone else.
>>
>>47347416
hahaha oh wow, are they fucking serious, how lazy can you get
jesus christ, people really will buy anything with Pokemon on the box
lol
>>
>>47352544
>>47352557
Yes. Get better taste, starterfag.
>>
>>47353790
>hates the most popular pokemon of all time
gold star! you're the most special snowflake I've ever seen :)
>>
>>47353855
? I didn't say anything about hating Charizard.
>>
>>47353855
>m-muh poll
every
single
time.
>>
>>47347416
Didn't care, I've never bothered to transfer mons up through the gens, I buy new games to play with new pokemon primarily.

About the same.

No, it looked extremely mediocre from the first trailer before the dexcut was revealed, and I have never regretted skipping this mess, almost nothing about the game looks appealing to me. No exploration, no (free) postgame, still too much handholding and cutscene heavy, not a fan of big gimmicks or focus on wifi connectivity.

n/a, however the added DLC wild areas are the only thing about the games that look interesting to me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.