[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why is it psychic
>>
>>47347149
he can read your gay thoughts
>>
>>47347153
Shit
>>
>>47347149
Psychic = Magic according to GameFreak. Just look at stuff like Delphox and Starmie.
>>
>>47347149
>not a fairy/flying alicorn
we were robbed
>>
>>47347157
This is true. But for some reason i feel like there’s more to it. I always thought psychic was mental abilities and tricks. Meanwhile the true magical beings were fairy type. Could it be that unicorns are known to trick people into not seeing them? Like an illusion or something?
>>
>>47347171
Facts
>>
>>47347149
Mythologically, the horn of the unicorn said to have healing properties, which is also brung up in G-Ponyta's dex entries and its ability, Pastel Veil.
I assume they at least wanted it to be have a STAB against Poison because of this.
>>47347157
There's also Psychic moves like Magic Coat or Magic Room
>>47347177
Psychic is innate abilities from the mind (psychokinesis, pyrokinesis, divination etc). It might make more sense not to say magic but "magic tricks" or "parlor tricks". Like spoon bending, making fake walls or the rooms.
Fairy is magic/drawing power from nature (Fairy Wind, Moonlight, Nature's Madness etc)
G-Rapidash's horn's healing property would be considered an innate ability, so Psychic. If anything, you would question why it gains Fairy type when Ponyta evolves, that just ironically makes it weak to Poison. Pasta Veil should've been a complete Poison type resistance ability along with Poison immunity tbdesu.
>>
File: Electrode_pkmnGO.png (24 KB, 256x256)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>47347149
>TFW your language commonly abbreviates the word 'psychic' to describe someone mentaly-ill...
Schizoid gay ponies confirmed in Galar
>>
>>47347149
>to be a poison type killer
>because the unicorns from my little pony all possess telekinesis
>because psychic has often been used as pokémon's makeshift magic type
>because psychic type is sometimes associated with light, which is appropriate for the purity aspect of unicorns
>because it's leaning on the same side of the fence as gardevoir, latios and swoobat—their psychic powers aren't about intellect, they're about sensing thoughts and emotions. they have psychic empathy

Also it has a giant fucking magic horn coming out of its forehead. It probably connects directly to the brain, and acts like a psychic antenna.
>>
>>47348266
All of this.
Plus, Bede starts as a Psychic trainer and has G Ponyta. Bede is G Ponyta. Start Psychic, evolve and become part Fairy.
>>
>>47347149
>Draw a fairy mon
>call it psychic
>>
>>47347157
Meh, Starmie isn’t magic at all, it’s more cosmic
>>
File: 1616741941223.webm (1.62 MB, 480x854)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB WEBM
>>47347153
this
>>
File: fapion.png (833 KB, 1250x999)
833 KB
833 KB PNG
>>47347149
to get raped twice as hard
>>
>>47347287
>Pasta Veil
kek'd imagining it.
>>
>>47347149
Horn, duh
>>
>>47347177
Tricks are the Dark type. Witchcraft is also the Dark type.
>>
>>47347149
the g. ponyta line was literally only made psychic type to give bede another pokemon that would evolve into part fairy type for when he becomes opal's apprentice
>>
We need more Psychic/Fairies.
There isn't enough, clearly.
>>
>>47349063
I agree most of the time, but I feel like it's the intent of the trickery. Malicious tricks are Dark type, but other tricks like Klefki are Fairy.
I guess Mawile doesn't fit in with that theory, but it's Fairy nonetheless.
Who knows? I don't even know if Gamefreak does.
>>
>>47349089
Isn't Mawile based on that jap legend about a fairy women with mouth on the back of her head tho?
>>
>>47349106
Fair, but there's plenty of yokai-based Pokémon that aren't Fairy.
>>
>>47349106
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futakuchi-onna
Wouldn't necessarily call that a fairy.
>>
>>47347149
What a huge misssd oppurtunity
she would have been my Ace
>>
>>47349089
I don't think "Malicious" is the right word. More like "deceitful" and "underhanded".
>>
>>47349157
I’m not sure I agree with the wings but it would definitely have looked better if it had kept the ponyta eyes, I guess it was just consistency with kanto since the original rapidash eyes changed when it evolved too.>>47349157
>>
>>47347149
Unicorns are not fae; they are mythological creatures that have magical properties in their horns. Magic is associated with the Psychic type, not Fairy: Alakazam line, Will. Avery, Delphox, Hatterene, Magic Room, Magician (primarily by Psychic Pokemon), Trick, Magic Bounce/Mirror (used primarily by Psychic Pokémon), Magic Powder, Magic Coat, Magic Guard (almost exclusively used by Psychic Pokémon), and Eerie Spell. Galarian Ponyta can read the hearts of both people and Pokémon and run away if they determine there to be evil in them, much like other Psychic types. Healing is associated with Psychic as well, such as Heal Pulse, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, and Heal Block. Galarian Rapidash can levitate off the ground and dash in the air because of psychic power. Both Pokémon also emit light, which has strong ties to Psychic (Light Screen, Necrozma, Light that Burns the Sky, Photon Geyser, Glitzy Glow, Luster Purge, Prismatic Laser. Avery’s light spectrum motif, Inkay line and Elgyem line using light to hypnotize Pokémon, and Dottler line emitting light when they attack). Pastel Veil is associated with light as well.
All together, these Pokémon run away from evil (Dark weakness or neutrality In Galarian Rapidash’s case), and heal poison (Psychic type advantage over Poison).
>>47347177
Fairy only associates with natural magic and enchantments. Traditional magic and healing are associated with Psychic.
>>47347287
Pastel Veil is the Poison counterpart to Sweet Veil, which prevents sleep; Aroma Veil. Which prevents several types of status moves, abilities, and conditions; and Flower Veil, which prevents stat reduction by other Pokémon.
They don’t protect from damage, only status effects and conditions.
>>
>>47347149
built for human dick
>>
>>47349089
Fairy doesn't represent anything, it's just randomly slapped on new (and old) mons.
>>
>>47349222
Malicious probably wasn't correct, but I'm not sure deceitful is, either -- otherwise Mawile would fit into that perfectly. Underhanded probably works better than both of the other options.
>>
File: 20210611_121246.jpg (99 KB, 957x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>47349222

Woman or jew, whichever you be. Know that those are all the same thing. Galactus has no time for games.
>>
>>47347177
>Abra
>Kadabra
>Alakazam
>>
>>47347157
>>47347177
>>47349618
Psychic
>stage magic, performance magic, traditional RPG magic. something akin to a wizard in a top hat doing magic on stage since many famous magicians claimed to have psychic powers of some sort
Fairy
>nature magic, fairytale magic, friendship and rainbows magic or in other words, Disney magic

The word 'magic' is used to mean VASTLY different things throughout fiction. It's important you not get them confused—just because they're called the same word doesn't mean we aren't talking about 2 completely seperate things.

And need i remind you, much of what Pokémon do is already magic. Shooting fire, making plants grow, summoning beams of frigid coldness are magic even if the games do not call it that.
>>
>>47349498
>Unicorns are not fae

are you literally retarded
>>
File: 1599997718215.jpg (70 KB, 566x569)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>47347149
Why is it such a shitmon?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.