[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Deez Nutz.jpg (139 KB, 595x825)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
Let me check if the Dick is prized again Edition

New/Returning Player?
>https://pastebin.com/ZsYKRnPK
>https://imgur.com/a/z4NoDRn

>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>Don't open tradable packs unless it's from giveaways (and POST PULLS)

What theme deck should I buy? (current because theme decks are cancelled)
>Kyogre (water beats fire)
>Relentless Flame (most luck)
>Dragonite (most consistent)
>Groudon
>Charizard VIV (has SSH trainers)
>Stop buying theme decks unless you want more types
>Rillaboom
>Zamazenta
>Necrozma
>Raikou
>Stop again because fairy and dark aren't worth it

Resources
>https://www.trainerhill.com/analysis/meta (meta analysis of online tournaments)
>https://play.limitlesstcg.com/tournaments (online tournaments and decklists)
>https://unformer.com/ (matchmaking site for tryhards)
>https://www.justinbasil.com/guide/teu-on/budget (reddit's budget decks)
>https://pastebin.com/svqYihpM (budget deck pastebin, outdated)
>https://pastebin.com/kM7ucNV8 (trading tips pastebin)
>https://ptcgoprices.com (automated prices for online trading)

Team Challenge II every weekend if you qualified for a team
Players Cup IV June 19 if you qualified and registered for the regional

Chilling Reign
>Will be added to ptcgo on June 17 and to the shop on June 18

What is V-Union?
>4 cards form a single pokemon. The first three release in Japan on either July 30 or August 20

Previous: >>47321118
>>
Did Legends ever see any real competitive play? VUnions seem like more trouble than they're worth.
>>
OMG Greninja is doing the Stanky leg!!!
>>
Doesn’t that mad party killer spiritomb make these completely unusable ?
>>
Wailord V-Union 450 HP when?
>>
>>47346771
only if they dump pieces through multiple turns, any deck focusing on a V-Union will look into ways to gather the pieces on hand and then dump them with Research or Peony
>>
I also assume that these are the “tame” versions of the mechanic as they’re all promos. They won’t pass on the chance to put these into normal sets and making it a pain in the ass for everyone to get all 4 pieces. The big question is also if you can have 4 of each piece in your deck, because each of the parts have the same name.
>>
I can't wait to play RA, FA, Alt, and RR copies of 1 mon, lol!
>>
>Sunken Hollow [Stadium]
>Once during your turn, you may search your Prize cards for a Pokemon card and switch it with one of your cards in the discard pile. If you dont have any cards in the discard pile you cant use this effect.
Would that fix V-UNION?
>>
>>47346840
Gimme dat full art greninja crotch
>>
>>47346834
there's no big question, this was the same shit with legends and there's no alternate ruling like with Arceus. It's a big mon, 4 pieces per deck, final destination.
>>
>>47346848
Dang. So basically unless they’re super broken there’s no real point in trying to set them up.
>>
Imagine playing a pokemons out of the fucking discard
>>
File: file.png (539 KB, 358x500)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>47346901
wouldn't be me
>>
>>47346863
>>47346863
We can't make that assumption yet. There will, sadly, be a Vunion set and it will have support for it. This could make or break the mechanic. All of them with the right tools can be retarded. Zacian can tank so much fucking damage. Then if you don't kill him, he will just instagib your 3 prizer. Mewtwo is good for his spread, which already would get around mew, but that is rotating anyway. The problem with spread is, because of all the sniping once mew rotates, from the bear, the cat, the lizard, the dragon, and all the other snipers, anything that isn't a V or Vmax probably wont be played. Overall meh though. Graninja is possibly the most broken of them all. He can cleave with the best of them. 2 attacks from him with a scope and all the crobats and your Vs become nothing. 2 Attacks and he could easily take 4-6 prizes. Once again, probably until the next rotation no one will play any non V or stage 1-2 pokemon until a new bench barrier is printed.

Also, it's going to really be important to note, all of these have the same name and are NOT basic pokemon, so a lot of traditional strats just wont work.
>>
>>47346912
>him
>>
>>47346745
Rayquaza & Deoxys LEGEND and Suicune & Entei LEGEND were both seen in championship-winning decks, the former was a part of David Cohen's TwinBoar deck and the latter was used in Ross Cawthon's The Truth deck.
>>
These are just the promos to introduce the mechanic. I expect the next set to have “actual” v-Union Pokémon and support for them. But I’d say the Zacian is pretty retarded already. With the -150 damage attack, it can only be killed by fire attacks and then it can dish out 340 the next turn.
>>
Reminder that single-prize only format exists and you should ask your LGS to host it instead of this Standard garbage.
>>
The Mewtwo is also really good as a late game attacker. Placing 16 damage counters however you please is crazy.
>>
File: 1534180124507.gif (551 KB, 460x464)
551 KB
551 KB GIF
Where can I buy lots from specific sets? Card Market lists only lots of same-rarity cards from random expansions.
>>
>Mewtwo V Union
>weakness to dark

Fucking retarded
>>
Can they just let Akira Egawa draw every v related card from now on instead of wasting his illustrations on booster art that gets thrown in the trash after 2 seconds?
>>
>>47347022
Single prize only is great but also needs managing via bans or deck building constraints. My personal favourite is a rolling ban where last weeks winning deck (and engine) can't be used next week, keeps it very fresh and lots of meta calls to be made
Cards that are meant to go toe to toe with vmaxes steamroll in single prize format.
>>
>>47347297
They just need to print more spread damage. While Mad Party deals a retarded amount of damage, it wouldn't withstand if you could easily knock out 2-3 with every attack.
>>
>>47347331
Intelleon, Tapu Bulu, Raichu, Malamar and Cinderace are all top contenders too Mad Party isn't that oppressive due to said low hp and even prize trading
>>
>>47347331
Urshifu and zeraora will make it literally impossible to play single prize decks after rotation and before adp still prevents them from being useful. Complaining about mad party is the dumbest thing I’ve seen here. It’s literally the only viable single prize deck that’s not based around stall.
>>
File: SM8_EN_94.png (138 KB, 245x342)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>47346732
*blocks your path*
>>
>>47347414
Poor anon with zero reading comprehension.

Also, Mad Party and that whole mentality of printing 70HP Pokemon with 300+ damage is retarded, because it's solely designed to counter another retarded mechanic.
>>
File: 3ib0jf2u9y341.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>printing Greninja's one-energy attack with Cheryl in the format
>>
>>47346732
Should have made jumbo cards that you can keep outside of the game and then play them by evolving your VMAX after paying a hefty cost of some kind, maybe by adding prize cards to yourself or something.
>>
>>47347447
It’s early in the morning, cut me some slack. Mad Party works well because of Bunnelby in my opinion. If you had to evolve two different lines to attack, it would turn into a clunky mess. But I agree, they put themselves in a corner they can’t seem to get out of with the introduction of tag teams and vmaxes. GXs had to go through the same evolution process like one prizers, which kept them somewhat in check and lead to a generally quite healthy meta before the introduction of tag teams. They really need to come up with some item or supporter that helps getting stage 2s into play.
>>
>>47347429
Is the Lost Zone even used by and SSH cards?
>>
>>47347471
Cheryl only works on evolution Pokémon thankfully.
>>
Hi, I’m here to help you find your v-union left leg!
>>
>>47346732
How the fuck should I even play this shit on a real desk? just clear enough space to put down 4 fuckin cards?
>>
These look like shit, but hopefully by SSH9 Vmaxes will stop being introduced in favor of this garbage so we can go back to having a normal game again.
>>
Whelp since they’re going legend-esque with these, I hope we’ll see v-star like gold stars
>>
>>47347725
Tag teams being finally gone in September will already make the game way more fun again. At least a vmax has to evolve first to be useful (except for Zacian). I don’t get the hate desu, these look kind of fun to use. Mewtwo could work well in the new Shadow Rider deck to clean up at the end and Vaporeon Vmax could get greninja into play and immediately attach 3 water energies to it.
>>
>>47347714
You just stack them while ruining the entire point of the mechanic
>>
>>47347750
Agreed, I like that greninja has a whole toolbox of attacks allowing creativity too
>>
Zacian could also work well with Bronzong and Zacian/zamazenta. You can just attach all energies to it once it’s in play and go ham with that 340 attack.
>>
“The Field Spell! Necrovalley!”
>>
This new Spiritomb will singlehandedly make these unplayable if they become too powerful.
>>
>>47347750
These are shit because Legends were mostly shit and were half the cost. These can also be used only once per game so once it's KO'd it's a waste of space, god forbid you prize a piece. Vmaxes are dogshit because you can just flood your field with 330HP pokemon that have no restriction. At least these have a once per game restriction unlike VMaxes where you can just swing with no setback.
>>
>>47347914
Legends had two archetypes that literally won the World Series. And like I said the game will slow down once tag teams are gone AND you have to keep in mind that the 3 Union Mons revealed so far are all promos, which are usually not as good as the ones from the actual sets.
>>
Brainlets can't even fucking read the fucking cards worrying about tablespace lmfao
>>
>>47347220
literally just curving psychic, do you really think you are big brain looking for big psychic stick with no darkness weakness?
>>
>>47347960
What do you expect? Someone was also asking why they didn’t just make them jumbo cards.
>>
>>47347022
>game dying due to gx before corona
>physical dies in corona
>"guys just get your locals to play this meme format!"
plebs i swear
>>
>>47347934
legends were also 10 years ago in a way different time and only required 2 pieces, not 4, and almost all of them still sucked. These will see zero play.
>>
>opponent has greninja dick, hand and face in discard
>echo horn greninja dick onto bench
>can no longer have all four in discard to use, cannot be used without all four.
>nutin personell, kid
>>
>>47347978
>game dying due to Tag Teams* before corona
>play a format without multiprizers
Seems logical to me, retard.
>>
>>47348083
You cannot put single pieces on the bench, retard.
>>
>>47347868
That wouldn't interact with V-union, just like Break doesn't preserve the poke-power underneath - it needs to be explicitly stated.
>>
>>47348087
Lol, game was dying ever since GX, not tag team. Noone liked Zoroark. But I'm sure your three man population joke format will be be played all over in LGS LOL
>>
>>47348090
When did the single parts stop being basics? educate me please, retard. Oh don't tell me, you can't read.
>>
>>47348108
Early GX's were the oasis in the middle of the shit show this game has been in for the last decade.
>>
>>47348108
GXes were great, they're pretty much just exs with a once per game attack. EXs on the other hand were awful and caused the game to devolve into bigbasics.dek for ages. Zoroark and Buzzwole were a little too good but by Lost Thunder you had a ton of really varied decks that were viable to some extent.
>>
>>47348108
GXs were the last time stage 2s were actually good and will likely be THE last time stage 2s ever see play.
>>
>>47348117
You cannot put a quarter piece of the v-Union on the bench. It doesn’t work like that. The 4 pieces form one “card” that gets summoned onto the bench. It only takes up one bench space.
>>
>>47348131
Maybe the first two fuckin sets. GX focus left Stage 2s very very fast and the phsyical population went downhill with it.
There are more cancer GX than there are 'good/ healthy' ones.
>>
>>47348108
>game was dying ever since GX
GX were the only improvement this game. LOT was a stellar format. The garbage we have right now makes even the biggest casuals like you question what the fuck is going on in the designer's heads.
>>
>>47348153
You really are 40iq slime. Here (you) go, don't eat it.
>>
>>47348163
>Meganium/Swampert/Greninja GX
>Gardevoir GX with Swampert and Solgaleo GX
>Solgaleo GX
>but there's no stage 2s
And that's just stuff that was notably viable in SUM-LOT (and the stage 2 box borderline meme deck lol) there were also a ton of less viable but still good stage 2 decks, both one prize and two (see Empoleon and Garchomp from UPR, Granbull, or Lost March Jumpluff, which plays more like a stage 1 but I digress).
Basically everything played evolutions, even if they weren't always stage 2, the only decks that didn't were like, Blacephalon/Naganadel and Ho-oh GX.
>>
>>47348170
Dude, save yourself further embarrassment and read the mechanics of these cards again. Echo horn puts pokemon form the discard back onto the bench. you cannot put a single card of the 4 that make up the v-union pokemon on the bench. the 4 cards turn into 1 on the bench when moved from the discard pile together.
>>
>>47348222
Oh wait I just realised I'm stupid, Naganadel is an evolution, and it was used in Dawn Wings too.
>>
>>47348224
Bro, each card is its own basic, there is a reason you can only have one of each in your deck. I can't be arsed so I'll ask if you actually know what Echo Horn is.
>>
And then, when he learned to read, he realised he fucked up.
>>
>>47348234
you CANNOT put one part of them on the bench, dude. It's not that hard to comprehend. It only works, if all four of them are combined into ONE pokemon. 3 out the 4 cards don't even have fucking hp.
>>
>>47348222
Those are all tier 2 and worse memes, Garde/swamp/sol was a dire attempt to keep garde relevant and it wasn't very successful outside of Japan hick tournies. Same for the other two really. They were outpaced by the Blacephalon, Zoroark and all the other not stage 2s at the time, because after the first few sets, it wasn't worth unless you were playing gimick shit like three you mentioned.
>>
>>47348261
If you can search them with Quick Ball you can Echo Horn them, I'll wait for rulings.
>>
>>47348289
You CANNOT search them with quick ball, because they don't count as a basic pokemon (and also don't count as an evolution pokemon). Do you people not know how to read?
>>
File: not a basic.jpg (39 KB, 859x193)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>47348234
Okay smarty-pants, which card has a gray box with the word "basic"? Is it the Vaporeon V, the Mewtwo V-union top-left, or both?
>>
File: DXYiJNwX4AAdC_7.jpg (54 KB, 886x675)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>47348300
>4 pieces per card
Why did they even bother lol. What a waste of cardboard.
>>
>>47348277
>Garde/swamp/sol was a dire attempt to keep garde relevant and it wasn't very successful outside of Japan hick tournies
Top 16 at LAIC and won a regional right after that.
While you aren't wrong to say that after the first few sets basics and stage 1s got more focus there were definitely good stage 2 GXes even in the second year of SM (see Greninja GX as an example, even if it wasn't the best it did see play) and some of those earlier GXes, like Gardevoir and Solgaleo, still saw play even later on.
>>
Jesus christ /vp/ is fucking retarded lmao.
>>
>>47348345
because they game will slow down after tag teams rotate and it's actually a good gameplay balancing decision to make pokemon with insane amounts of hp and strong attacks not that easy to use. This is good for single prize decks, for the general speed of the game and creates more variety.
>>
>>47348367
You can't fix the game nor slow it down when Vs and Vmaxes exist, this is awful for single prize decks, they just can't properly deal with 300HP Pokémon and now they're introducing even more 300HP+ Pokémon that can do even more spread damage, single prizers are dead.
>>
>>47348367
Vmaxs are still just as fast at killing each other. Hopefully they don't make too many more urshifus/dragapults/inteleons that are equally capable of beating 3 prizers and 1 prizers.
>>
>>47348399
Single prizers are dead and will stay dead because of shit like adp, echo horn, urshifu rs and no bench barrier and also the lack of good options to get stage 2s into play. Vmaxs are super strong, but they are still slower than tag teams. Single prize decks can compete way better if they're up against vmax decks than against tag team decks from my experience. And there are also a shitton single prize attackers that can 2 hit ko a vmax. Cinderace from the upcoming set can even 1 hit ko them.

Once we switch to a tag team free format and they print a mew replacement, single prizers will become way more viable again.
>>
>>47348399
Single prizers have been dead for 18 years. I don't get why people can't accept it after all this time.
>>
>>47348429
>Once we switch to a tag team free format and they print a mew replacement, single prizers will become way more viable again.
Would your new bench barrier include damage counter blocking from attacks/abilities?
>>
>>47348451
>what was the entire DPPt block + the HGSS block
>what was early BW
>What was early SM (see Garbodor and Passimian)
>>
>>47348460
There are pokemon with abilities that protect from damage counters, but in a way this is how multi prize and single prize pokemon should be balanced going forward. You either take the gamble to use something like Inteleon VMAX that costs you 3 prizes if it gets knocked out (and most single prizers will knock it out with 2 attacks) and hope you can ko all the single prizers fast enough or the other way around. But that's why it's important in my opinion to never print anything like tag teams again, because most evolution based single prizers just simply cannot keep up with putting a 270hp basic into play. Stage 2s or probably still fucked, but I have some hope for stage 1 based decks after rotation.
>>
Okay these V Union are gonna be busted.
>>
>>47346840
https://youtu.be/jqLO9NK2zkY?t=98
>>
>>47347484
thankfully not
>>
>>47348653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxuhLlQ8twE
>>
File: 1452257693902.png (591 KB, 908x727)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>>47348367
>because they game will slow down after tag teams rotate and it's actually a good gameplay balancing decision
Just make fucking weaker Pokemon and move focus to Stage2 evo-lines. Jesus fucking Christ we had a PTCG with no fucking Ex/GX/TagTeam/Vfucks and it worked.
>>
>>47348843
People buy packs on bulk to try and pull the shiny SR Charizard GX, they're gonna keep printing this style of card whether you like it or not. That's capitalism for ya.
>>
Despite all the news with V-Union, please remember to WASH YOUR FUCKING FACE
>>
>>47349013
They could just bring back cards similar to Level X or Prime, it would let people have their epic shiny rare cards while not slaughtering the game.
>>
>>47346912
Even though Mewtwo's attacks aren't as impressive, the fact that it's a psychic type mean that it has full access to the raw draw power of Shadow Calyrex + it's ridiculous energy accel means that Mewtwo might be the only readily accessible V-Union in the mid or even early game. The other ones seem to be strictly late game unless you're really lucky
>>
tool jammer better not be rotating
>>
>>47349013
Put Stage2 'Mons with reasonable stats in the fancy golden frame like TagTeam and I'm fucking sure people would chase them like crazy.
>>
This game is two people playing solitaire at each other, Stage 2 are never coming back because you'd actually have to manage your deck but instead the game is set up so you burn half your deck t1 so you can place big hitters on top of each other while your opponent falls asleep watching the slideshow
>>
File: 1555699201116.gif (3.89 MB, 200x200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
High fucking time to build myself a Cube and just play Sealed with friends.
>>
>>47349181
I can attest that Cubes are fun if built right. Me and a few friends played a Battle Styles cube a few weeks ago and had a blast building jank decks. Only problem problem we ran into was we didn't have enough trainers cause we built it out of loose cards we got form packs, so each player only had maybe 4-6 trainers all together. Otherwise was fun for 4 people. We also played with a houserule that let us evolve any basic into any stage 1, and any stage 2 off of any stage 1 as long as they were the same type. Also no Vs were in it.
>>
>>47349373
>We also played with a houserule that let us evolve any basic into any stage 1, and any stage 2 off of any stage 1 as long as they were the same type
I want to solve this problem by introducing evo-packs just like on pre-release events.
>>
>>47349373
Mutant rule has been a staple for our booster drafts at my league and it's always been fun with sealed.
>>
File: 112[1].jpg (159 KB, 736x1024)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>47349394
Yeah it also let me use Pokemon I'd never have used otherwise. This guy ended up being my MVP by the end of the session.
The other thing that helped that we did was instead of going for a 60 card deck with 6 prize games, we built 40 card decks with 4 prize games instead. I think it helped overall with consistency and how slow the games were it was fine for the most part.
>>
>>47349490
I mean, that's how official Draft and Sealed are played.
>After all the booster packs have been opened and all the cards have been selected, each player constructs a 40-card deck, using the cards they picked from the booster packs, their 23-card Evolution pack, and basic Energy cards provided by the Organizer. Players have 20 minutes to construct their decks. Players may not trade the cards they selected in the draft with other players until the tournament ends. The Organizer may require players to fill out deck lists, including the cards in their decks and any cards not being used.
>After everyone's deck is completed, the matches begin. Games will be played with four Prize cards instead of the usual six. Once the first round of the tournament begins, players may not alter the contents of their decks.
>>
>>47349586
Ah I didn't know that. I was basing/adapting everything off of MtG sealed rules. Good to know thats already accounted for in Draft/Sealed.
>>
Rayquaza seems like it would pair up well with the eventual electric v-union since it can always discard the pieces from hand. All you need is something other than adventurer to search out the sheep.
>>
trash
>>
>>47349013
>>47349013
>they're gonna keep printing this style of card whether you like it or not
Keep the fucking style but stop printing fucking PikaRom.
>>
>>47347875
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>47346778
>You need 9 cards to use Wailord
>>
>>47351008
This. If people want super rare card frames just give them super rare card frames. There is no need for "you win button" Pokemon cards.
>>
>>47346840
>>47348653
Palkia V Union when?
>>
>>47348117
They openly stated VUnion parts are not basics.
>>
>bitches who probably didn’t even qualify for pciv cause they’re too busy whining about getting rekt by adp and pikarom trying to school others on the rules of the game that literally any 5 year old can comprehend

You’re worse than reddit
>>
>online
>>
File: 1619578338523.jpg (502 KB, 1188x668)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>47348345
I wonder what inspired this........
>>
File: yikes.png (548 KB, 691x653)
548 KB
548 KB PNG
>>
>>47349099
It's good for about another two years
>>
>they didn’t get shinji higuchi to draw the v-unions
That hurt the most
>>
>wahh muh stage 2s
y'alls some fucking shitters
>>
I swear this game always gives horrendous bricky hands after a 6-10+ win streak...Anyone else notice this?
>>
v union is a shit mechanic only made to appeal to collectors and the game devs are stupid
>>
File: PALKIA.png (545 KB, 1566x881)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>47353880
I just want to summon the longest, strongest, wrongest pokemon of them all
>>
File: Capture.jpg (181 KB, 1369x774)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Good to know that v-union is being balanced around the fact that Japan's rotation is going to be in January again. At least we won't have any non-promo v-unions until November so they may have some support by then.
>>
>>47351705
Will V and V-Union carry over to the BDSP and Legends TCG sets? FRLG and ORAS were part of the same series as their generation, but HGSS was a different series from DPPt with new mechanics.
>>
File: Z.jpg (12 KB, 185x272)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
How much is this V-Union card worth?
>>
I can't wait for butthole compressor to finally get banned
>>
File: Capture.jpg (170 KB, 1631x857)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>47354270
Compressor is the suggested method of using v-union in expanded.
>>
>>47354317
Fuck this bull ass shit game
>>
>>47354270
>>47354328
>NOOOOO WHY CAN'T THEY BAN A CARD THAT ALLOWS A LOT OF COOL DECKS TO WORK AND MAKES EXPANDED A LOT MORE ENJOYABLE
>>
>>47354350
I hope you have fun with your cool, enjoyable deck getting 340'd then.
>>
>enabling beefsteaks makes expanded enjoyable
>>
I've never met anyone who hated Battle Compressor that wasn't a shitter who got rolled by Night March/Mad Party every time.
>>
V Unions are more balanced than your bullshit kill yourself
>>
>>47354499
Of course it's not broken. You can't use compressor after turn 1 item lock.
>>
There's no point in arguing about it. V-Unions are the hotness in town and the ones that will be moving product for the next years.

Battle Compressor is a 10 year old card.

If you think TPCi is ever going to ban the first, you need meds.
>>
Cards have been banned from standard before, but go off
>>
Your dad touches you at night...
>>
>>47355030
No one is suggesting that v-union should be banned from standard. They let ADP stay for the full 2 years, none of the Vmaxes are as close as that to being banworthy unless they commit to not reprinting bench barrier and then buff urshifu even further.
>>
>>47348367
Only boost we need are the evolutoion pokemon
>>
>>47349013
GX were cool because THEY WERE EVOS
>>
Only casuals and zoyboyz think evolution is a good mechanic
>>
>>47355172
I don't think top end monster cards should be basic. Having to evolve your monsters gives the opponent an opportunity to kill it while it is weaker, before it evolves.
>>
fuck pikarom
>>
>>47353880
Collectors don’t even like split up cards. I don’t get why people act like this is a new mechanic. It’s just a bigger form of legends.
>>
>>47354317
omg melony girl
what is the name of channel
>>
>>47355541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-8OnuFkPA
>>
>>47346771
>>
>>47355547
>>
bump
>>
>>47355546
really hot thanks
>>
Anyone familiar with PTCGO update schedules?
When will Chilling Reign be available on the 17th? Midnight?
How long will the server be down for?
>>
>>47355596
It won't be down. Card have been already applied it should be 18th midnight pst
>>
>>47355558
https://www.instagram.com/odagirinana/
>>pulls dick out
>>
>>47355709
>18th midnight pst
oh thank god, I was worried my ETB would come in when I was still away on vacation
>>
File: file.png (968 KB, 850x529)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
>>47348451
heh.... nothin personell
>>
I wanna get rid of my current boosters because the new ones are coming.
What are some good decks currently? I have the ADP Zacian deck and an Inteleon V-Max deck.
Is the Orbeetle deck any good?
>>
>>47355596
>When will Chilling Reign be available on the 17th?
Packs from codes can be opened somewhere around noon-1pm CST.
>>
rotate my faggot mew already
>>
aren't those literally jumbo cards cut in four?
>>
File: E1lcmXIVUAAgf6R.jpg (233 KB, 868x1212)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>
>>47346732
>theme decks are cancelled
Looking at just the surface level, it looks more like just a renaming of the theme deck format to battle decks, possibly with tighter built decks to try to keep them even more balanced with each other that themes have been.
>>
>>47358625
Why they are not introduced on PTCGO then?
>>
>>47358624
Obese.
>>
cope
>>
stormy winds
>>
Greedy jews hoarding all the SR energies.
>>
Which expansion had the most aesthetic energy cards?
>>
trash
>>
>>47346732
So let's get one thing straight... The RNG needs to be fixed. The RNG is broken. The RNG is ruining my life and if you are okay with it you are a bad person
>>
>>47359673
its a card game m8
>>
File: 1621170980989.png (555 KB, 609x722)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
oh jeez that rapid strike Urshifu deck is expensive.
>>
>>47359680
No, it's a broken card game that is very much broken
>>
>>47346732
I can't wait to pull greninja's penis
>>
>>47359687
Etern and shadow rider decks will be even more expensive than that after chilling reign releases. Especially if shadow rider needs a copy of trevnoir.
>>
>>47359738
I'm just a budget man I will need to make do with some cheaper stuff.
>>
>>47358968
HG/SS era
>>
>>47358968
Holon phantoms
>>
>>47358664
Guess I'll have to order a v battle decks and see what happens. Says it has a code for the online game, but no idea why it isn't listed on the ingame store page. Could just be that the game development is behind the bend on current physical decks. Also, the release of the new battle decks was weirdly stunted and out of character for TPC. Maybe some weird internal politics going on too.
>>
>>47360452
anon... you get them as a deck but for standard play. Theme decks are dead.
>>
Pokemon cards for gameplayer arent that expensive. No need to bling out
>>
>>47360459
Then why aren't they available in the ingame shop, and why did they also just release the vivid voltage set just before the v battle stuff?
>>
>>47360497
... I literally fucking said that theme decks are dead
>>
>>47360511
Then why aren't the v battle decks avalible in the in game shop?
>>
>theme deck shitter can't cope
LMAO!
>>
>>47360518
because they're not fucking theme decks you absolute fucking retard
>>
>>47360525
The v battle decks are avalible in game with the use of the code that comes with the physical decks. Why is there not a digital copy of the deck in game? What does this question have to do with theme decks?
>>
There is no help for you, retard
>>
>>47360560
Why are you so mad at a simple question?
>>
Don't talk to me, retard
>>
>>47360567
Can't have a simple conversation without descending into irrational anger over literally nothing. You need help.
>>
File: file.png (990 KB, 1366x768)
990 KB
990 KB PNG
>>47360548
you fucking idiot, because they don't simply wish to do so

It's not like this is something new, there's literally hundreds of products that you can only get in-game if you buy a physical copy

Your mind will probably break when you hear about gem-only cards
>>
>>47360588
Then why are theme decks special for this? They've made theme decks for every generation since the inception of the modern card game, why suddenly change that?

Also, the v battle decks are not very strong against standard decks, they need a lot of modifying to be competitive, they just get wiped by even a slightly better custom deck. Where the fun in theme decks is that they're all balanced against each other in a rock-paper-scissors way.
>>
>>47360613
why in the love of God are you asking me this? Go to ptcgo forums, I'm not PTCGO staff neither does my uncle work at Nintendo. I'm only telling you why battle decks are not available in store just like 90% of the physical product isn't
>>
File: BLAST.png (228 KB, 356x298)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
bro... imagine if Dracozolt fucking sat on you...
>>
Kill yourself scalie
>>
>>47360627
Dude, relax, you can just ignore him.
Unless you're autism is so powerful that it makes it literally impossible for you to shut up.
>>
>>47360627
Not asking you specifically mate. Asking the whole thread, but good to know you're the only person here.
>>
>>47360667
nigguh, I genuinely doubt you're gonna find anyone here that has insight over the way TPCi moves product and their decisions behind which product is available online. You're only gonna find semi-educated theories.
>>
>>47360680
Basically all I'm looking for, anythings better than one tard sperging out over a simple question.
>>
>>47360702
People already told you why V battle decks were not available online and you were only a smart-ass about it, don't expect anyone to have the energy to devote a competent response about why they choose to discontinue theme format.
>>
Mans a retard
pay him no mind
>>
>>47360730
>Mans
>>
If you are a girl, Ima bout to stick my whole fist up your ass, cunt
>>
So, with that out of the way, does anyone know what the play level indicator means?
complexity of the deck mechanics?
an indication of win loss ratio with these decks?
or just, starter deck, buy boosters, ect?
>>
>want to put some packs into long term investment cards
>no one's selling any at a reasonable price and trade offers aren't being taken
Fucking hell.
>>
>>47360781
wrong thread faggot
>>
File: TEU_108_R_EN_LG.png (156 KB, 460x640)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
This shit is great
>>
>>47360798
No this is the right thread, I'm talking about SR energies and whatnot since Battle Styles will depreciate pretty soon.
>>
>>47360781
Its a hard time to get into the cards atm, since the bubble is still going on, but once it bursts, you'll be able to buy anything you want for next to nothing for a little while after before it levels out again.
>>
I think it would be interesting if they added different game modes that added weird limitations to deck builds, to force more creative play styles.
>>
File: 51z77n53AtL._AC_.jpg (54 KB, 357x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>47360815
You now remember pic related
>>
Literally every single time
>10+ win streak
>Proceed to brick horribly for 8 turns straight and lose.
>>
Don't brick then, dum dum
>>
>>47361497
I don't get why there is no Sealed on PTCGO. The current client is perfect for this.
>>
If you mention another card game, I'm going to beat the shit out of you...
>>
If you mention another coment without directly replying to the anon Im going to make you take your meds by force
>>
Try me, pal
you won't
>>
>>
>>47362109
they probably have zero budget for that thing.
>>
What the fuck happened to Centiskorch? It was a tier 0/1 deck 3 months ago and now I don't see it anymore, tournament or ladder. Is Victini just that much better?
>>
>>47363789
resurgence of lapras, preparation for rotation where victini's better, also lack of consistency
>>
Sex with Lapras!
>>
>>47363797
I don't see Lapras much at all desu. I guess it is, as you said, because of consistency + rotation is near.

>>47363802
based
>>
>>47363789
Things like more big charm in the meta, making you need either 7 energy or 2 centis on turn 2. Also Urshifu with 330hp, mewtwo with darkest tornado, victini as a better 2hko attacker.
>>
>>47361497
cube draft would be sweet
>>
File: Pumpkaboo.png (880 KB, 691x965)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
Pumpkaboo – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Pumpkin Hole
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may use this Ability. Discard any Stadium in play.

[C][C] Stampede: 20 damage.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 2

Easy 1-of in shadow rider. Seems like it would also go in any deck running nets and goons, which is less common without mewtwo, giratina, or jirachi.
>Another stadium removal pokemon that is blocked by silent lab.
>>
>>47364879
CUTE!
>>
>>47362056
Me except
>10+ win streak
>Start next game for win 11
>Connection to server has been lost
>Streak is fucked
>>
cool blog
>>
>>47365399
what
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.49 MB, 4032x3024)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB JPG
bich
>>
>>47365714
cute char
>>
>>47365714
>>47365741
also this pull was lame, hoping you got s better physical one
>>
>>47365747
About as bad. I would’ve loved that Falinks tho
>>
File: s6H021.jpg (145 KB, 568x800)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>
File: 1535866079931.png (554 KB, 967x954)
554 KB
554 KB PNG
I love being too stupid to play a game made for 6 year olds. I give people free wins at this point.
>>
>>47367144
You have an MMR, so just keep losing and soon you'll be playing against actual children... and people who run meme decks.
>>
>>47365706
It's just the typical schizo , he doesn't like eevees and dracozolt, a funny guy
>>
Thanks for the compliment, retard
>>
Man I love when you're winning with munchlax control and opponent gets salty and starts trying to slowplay as much as possible, stay mad loser lmao
>>
how much are these league battle decks when they're not scalped to shit?
>>
>>47367149
No you don’t
>>
File: SWSH1_EN_7.png (135 KB, 245x342)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
I was told to post this here so I will. >>47367320

Are there other cards like this that have basically no limit if played right?
>>
>>47367887
You can still run only four dumbass
>>
>>47367887
>he actually posted on tcc for tcgo advice
Never seen this before, and I hope they got booty blasted. Fuck them faggots
>>
>>47367296 Assuming you mean physical cards;

A single deck should be around 15$ to 25$ depending on the specific decks, while double deck box sets are from 30$ to 50$.

Though the new battle decks haven't been out long enough for any meta to develop yet, they seem to be pretty okay competitive decks right out of the box. Only time will tell to see their average win loss rates are.
>>
>>47367896
No shit, but you can stack as many energy onto this lil green boi as many times as you like, and basically become death incarnate.
>>
>>47367924
>>47367887
The upcoming Blissey V does this too. Cramorant V-Max is a bit more competitive but suffers of a bad weakness.
>>
>>47368187
Blissey was pretty fun when I used it at a prerelease. Too bad It's going to stay in my binder forever
>>
>>47368202
Did they bother to make a normal art version, or is it only the full art rare versions?
>>
>>47368217
Normal, Full art, and Alt. art.
>>
Blissey is surprisingly interesting. Can't see a future where it works where the barabears exists though.
>>
Kill yourself scalie
>>
>>47365382
This shit happens anytime I’m winning against a deck that should stomp me. Fags do the sad emote just to win by disconnect.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (108 KB, 940x532)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
I keep losing to the same player on the ladder who uses this post rotation tyranitar deck. Is it time to give up?
>>
>>47369388
PTCGO isn't reflective of the real game and you will lose games to even theme decks solely because you drew impossibly bad hands.
>>
So I want to try out a deck for when Chilling Reign comes out. Got all the non-CRE cards set up and ready, but need to somehow get 7 Ice Rider Calyrex V/Vmax cards and 10 other CRE cards.

How do I go about finishing this for an online deck? Got 15 packs worth of coins saved up but obviously won't hit much. There's things such as buying codes, trading rares I have already and entering tourneys, but am I just better buying the singles for when they come out on ebay or some shit?
>>
>>47369463
>buying codes
this and trade them for the cards you need
>>
>>47369388
Rogue decks can always take wins, and thinking that your autistic netdeck will guarantee Ws is misguided. What's causing you actual issues?
>>
so im returning to the game but im not sure if I should play actual TCG or TCGO. my only issue is if I invest into a standard deck there isnt a local store near me that hosts tourneys, so if anything i will just be playing casually with my friends I hang out with
>>
PTCG for switch when?
>>
when you cope
>>
>>47369463
The prices for new cards are horribly inflated in the beginning, though. Especially the two Calyrex vmax will probably be like 20+ packs each.
>>
File: SMP_EN_SM31.png (167 KB, 245x342)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>
It's so frustrating to use water decks for the daily challenges. Why are they all so shit. I hope Calyrex and Inteleon will be better after rotation.
>>
>>47371507
the hidden depths deck hits like a truck, if you learn to use the various energy moving cards.
>>
File: 1.jpg (101 KB, 885x563)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
Evolving Skies will be this year's Vivid Voltage, garbage, the revealed cards have all been trash
>>
>>47372007
They could ship the set with just umbreon vmax and flaffy and no one would complain.
>>
>>47371660
>theme

No thanks
>>
File: 1609605391963.png (159 KB, 798x472)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
I just finally learned how to play this since my gf had a bunch of cards and has been collecting them for a while, but neither of us knew how to play it. I played a lot of yugioh a while back, at first glance it seems like in this game you can pretty much use whatever pokemon you want and still have a viable deck, compared to yugioh which was very pay to win and flavor of the month. Is that accurate, or am i being naive?
>>
>>47372204
>Is that accurate, or am i being naive?
It's not accurate at all. If it's not a V or a Tag-Team it's unplayable trash.
>>
>>47372249
Oh, thats a shame, it seemed like there was a lot less powercreep in this
>>
>>47372262
Not exactly true. There are viable non V/gx decks but those ones use them as support like blacephalon and mad party and control.
>>
>>47372457
Deci/altaria are okay wall decks too.
>>
It really depends if they will print a Mew bench barrier replacement for post-rotation, wether single prize decks will get a biff or not. There are a lot of promising ones like the new Flapple/Appletun, the dark type SS Urshifu, RS Malamar, SS Cinderace and probably some other ones, but RS Urshifu and Zeraora will destroy them without bench protection.
>>
Mew isn’t getting reprinted butthuffer
>>
>>47373002
Dracozolt will never be viable
>>
bench barrier is gay and shan't be reprinted
>>
>>47373049
She doesn’t need to be viable
>>
>She
>>
File: 1505084985290.png (23 KB, 516x303)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
Hey guys, first time posting on this general, so I'm really sorry if this isn't allowed here. So, I just found a box with a bunch of cards from '99 to '03, safely kept within individual card protectors and I want to check and sell the prices of the rare and holographic rares. How should I go about evaluating them?
>>
>>47373148
>>47364586
>>
File: 1469492094378.jpg (237 KB, 428x512)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>47373166
Well, fuck. Wrong general, I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1604582072144.png (128 KB, 364x567)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
is there any decent themed deck for this dailies?
if not are there any decent dark meta decks that arent too expensive?
>>
>>47373146
Ye boi
>>
Fuck off, faggot
>>
>>47373402
Eat my ass
>>
Shut the fuck up, and never reply to me, fag
>>
>>47373239
The only dark-type options in standard are Eternatus or Crobat VMAX, both of which are expensive as fuck, maybe some Obstagoon deck.
>>
>>47373498
Pure Crobat with the VMAX is not that expensive anymore. You need like 4 Crobat Vs, which are like 5 packs each and 3 or 4 VMAXs which are super cheap.

It's also possible to make a deck with Tyranitar V and a Houndoom engine. Also not that expensive.
>>
>>47373863
Cheapest I'm seeing is 6/7 for Crobat V.
>>
If you were going to a cash prize event, what deck would you take? What has the best chances of consistently winning in best of 1 rounds?
>>
>>47374730
ADP has the most consistent match-up chart overall.
>>
What cards will increase in price once chilling reign is out and should still be bought this week?

>inb4 trevnoir
>>
>>47374821
Idk ask me in a week.
>>
>>47374821
Wait, trevnoir is gonna get even more expensive? Guess I'll be selling later.
>>
>>47375217
I would assume it will, because once Shadow Rider is actually out even more people will want to have one. On the other hand, I've already seen builds without it, so I guess it depends on the tournament results.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (92 KB, 792x463)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>47374821
Marshadow will probably hit 7-8 packs like yveltal/giratina/tomb
Rainbow alcremie vmax is cheap right now, get it since Shadow rider cake should be a deck that will come and go with peak usage
Omastar TEU should have a couple of greens decks again
Get ssh inteleon and cinccino if you don't have it already
Buy your rapid urshifu and eternatus with chilling reigns packs while they are cheap
>>
>>47375447
Thanks! I think I have most of these already, except for Omastar, but I think I won't invest into stuff that rotates in September anymore.
>>
>>47373239
Spiritomb
>>
File: Capture.jpg (40 KB, 863x334)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
How much cake is too much? I kept buying them because it is less than half the price of the regular vmax and both versions of the V.
>>
>>47377111
>>
File: 21VKXagmEdL._AC_.jpg (2 KB, 148x216)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
Do you think these are water proof? I'm looking for some kind of sleeve to make my cards water proof so I can play with them while on vacation to the beach I'll be at for almost a month.
>>
4-3 or 3-3 for Corviknight VMAX?
>>
>>47378864
why would you ever want a fourth of any v-max/tag-team unless you're running quad attackers? Run 4-3, 3-3, or hell, 2-2. Half the point of Corviknight V-Max is that your active should never die, and Zacian is pulling the weight of both consistency and energy ramp so that's your 3-4 of.
>>
FUCK PIKAROM AND TAG TEAMS AND FUCK ENTIRE STANDARD
>>
>>47378881
Good point. Thanks for the advice. My deck is now ready and hopefully when my LGS opens up this weekend I can finally start playing irl in local tournaments.
>>
>>47377835
Just play online you sperg
Noone will have cards out at the beach
>>
>>47379016
4 Zacian and 4 CEC bronzor
>>
>>47379042
Incorrect. I plan to sleeve multiple decks, and my cousins will be there.
>>
>>47379050
Looks like it's post-rotation but he forgot to take out the goggles.
>>
>>47379061
Don't go on a 1 month BEACH vacation if all you wanna do is play cards you sperg
>>
>>47379073
Your right I did forgot. I'm the best. What should I sub in once rotation hits in September?
>>
>>47378998
Don't worry, the tag teams can't hurt you anymore in a few months.
>>
>>47377835
Dragon shield perfect fit are awesome for security, the sleeves are sealable
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (87 KB, 583x446)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Looks like the pre-set hyper inflation has kicked in on everything. I thought I was nuts buying at 4-5 bst.
>>
>>47379164
I was looking at these, they're kinda like sandwich bags, where you fold one end into the sleeve. Does anyone make a ziplock sleeve? Something that really seals water tight?
>>
speaking of sleeves, anyone know of a decent place that makes custom sleeves/mats for casual play? I don't want to get ripped off by chinese jews
>>
Why are opaque card sleeves required for competitive play? Aren't all the card backs the same?
>>
>>47379164
How good are kmc?
>>
New thread for after the sleeve discussion is done
>>47379326
>>
>>47379294
>Pokémon Organized Play strongly recommends the use of sleeves with an opaque back. Using clear sleeves, or declining to use sleeves at all, may expose imperfections on the back of the card itself.
>>
>>47379353
With the sheer amount of deck control abilities in the game, and the autists who demand perfection on their cards anyway, how could that possibly be an issue?
>>
Speaking of card protection, what style of deck boxes / deck storage devices do you prefer and recommend?
>>
File: New Thread Faggots.png (558 KB, 1422x859)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
>>
File: Fuck You Faggots.jpg (157 KB, 1325x822)
157 KB
157 KB JPG

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.