[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When do you think Gen 9 would be announced?
2022 = 4 years of development for Gen 10
2023 = 3 years of development for Gen 10
Gen 10 will be released for the 30th anniversary of Pokemon.
>>
>>47341082
in two days.
>>
>>47341082
Likely 2023 due to DP remakes releasing around 2022.
>>
>>47341082
Gen 9 will be 2023, anyone who think it's coming next year is delusional.
I'm sure TPCi would also rather have less time between Gen 9 and what they're hoping to be a huge Gen 10/30th anniversary year. The number one grossing franchise in history needs to stay relevant, you know.
>>
>>47341112
Could still be 2022 which is why they want to release Legends in January instead of giving it more time to bake til the end of the year
>>
>>47341082
Why does any of this matter?
>>
The fact they're shitting out Legends in January points to a November '22 release for Gen IX. If they'd been arsed, they'd have pushed it back to late '22, use it as the christmas release.
>>
>>47341124
Other way aroundf retard. Game Freak would want more time to make Gen X, the 30th anniversary celebration game, than starting it in '23 and just having 3 years to make it (remember, you faggots screeched they'd raushed SM, just because they didn't shite out a rehash, jumped straight to Gen VII after their customary three year dev cycle).
>>
>>47341309
>I disagree with you so I'll call you retard
>aroundf
You realize they have different teams working on different games, right? And you fucking know they'll repeat exactly what the did in Gen 7. Arceus will be the 2022 game, with Gen 9 in 2023 and Gen 10 in 2026.
>>
>>47341348
Yep. You realise the senior team JUST work on new Gen pair games and they can release a game every three years?
Only thing Legends is donating to the series is how to build a better 3D world and as that know-how's not needed on Gen IX until the engine's finished (takes the first year of a 3 year project) and Legends started before Gen IX (releasing earlier, these kinds of projects take GF two years, started 2019), it's obvious they're still on schedule for release next year.
Might want to brush up on exactly how they split their teams up and remember they roped in whos to make the remake.
>>
>>47341166
>>47341297
why would they want to release two sinnoh games far apart? Legends is their milk for 2022
>>
>>47341572
>STILL not getting it
Anon, it's over. Why would they burn a year by releasing in January? Because they have no release for November otherwise and they won't have skipped a November release for 5 years by then, Legends will not have DLC, when they called DLC the replacements for third versions. They could have DONE the "4 years till a new Gen" by keeping Legends in their back pocket and then announcing it next year, but they didn't. Announced 11 months before release, launching 1 month before Pokemon day. They're doing it then, to be able to say "hey kids, we got a new gen pair of Pokémon games for you" a month later and set up the run-in to Gen X and the 30th anniversary with the whos running filler for the 4th year (if they don't get outright bought out or gutted for staff like Genius Sonority). That all this also does what Nintendo lean on Pokémon to do (sell consoles in large numbers) makes it more likely to happen, they're the ones footing the development budgets after all.
>>
>>47341082
Sinnoh lasted 4 years.
Now Sinnoh got remade on Switch
>>
>>47341775
>They could have DONE the "4 years till a new Gen" by keeping Legends in their back pocket and then announcing it next year
Why would they do that when it's ready by their standards and needing to announce something big for their 25th anniversary? Again, they need to two Sinnoh games close together, not because of your shitted fanfic about Legends being "rushed".
Face it anon, their investment was already made into Legends. they won't let it age like milk by announcing gen nine less than a month later. That HURTS profits. Ever heard of cannibalization?
>>
>>47341805
And why would they skip a year, when they've made it clear they shit out releases yearly, regardless what 20-something adults think?
That's the blackpill - they're going to continue shilling FULL-BORE at kids. That includes releasing new games each year. It's partly why Dexit got signed off on, they don't need to bother about everything any more for any one game, one less potential cause of delays eliminated.
>>
>gen 9
why are people pretending as if gamefreak wont break their pattern which they have broken since the release of b2w2 and dish out an entirely different game for the "8th generation", which iirc is purely a fanmade concept since gamefreak doesnt even go by this trend
>inb4 m-muh patternzzz!!!
remember pokemon grey?
remember pokemon z?
remember pokemon eclipse/prism?
remember gen 4 remakes in gen 7, but we got lgpe instead?
remember pokemon gun?
yeah.....
>>
>>47341812
>And why would they skip a year
they won't DLC exists. have you been living under a rock this past christmas? They alzily bundled the DLC and called that their physical release. It get's the console job done, you know. There's is every reason to believe that Legends, which is their latest experiment, will in fact get DLC, they stated it as being their new diraction for the main games.
>>
>>47341817
Remember saying there wouldn't be DP remakes, using Z as your exemplar, only to get shut the fuck up last Pokémon day faggot?
>>
>>47341834
/vp/ is more than one person, anon
realize that
>>
>47341834
t. retarded pokefaggot with less than 10 iq
>>
>>47341831
And why are they rehashing Legends? Your brain may have melted when they said "DLC", I listened, they said DLC replaces their previous Third versions. they're not even pairing Legends, they're not running a rehash version of it, just because you can't cope with the series ploughing on regardless.
>>
>>47341844
Doesn't matter. Only retards still bringing up Z is that little bitch and the only people thought Gen IV remakes were coming in VII were those too thick to realise they come first new Gen, every new system.
And since they're historically proven retards, why you continuing to drag up their arguments? Again, the fact they have Pokémon day conspicuously unfettered from being caught up in the release hye for a new game is telling, more so than irrelevant references to games ultimately not taken forward by Game Freak and retards who insisted the world would be different had they got them and they wouldn't have been just different flavours of what did appear in those years.
>>
>>47341847
The only retarded pokéfaggots are the ones insisting the multi-billion dollar kid's brand will skip a year, fail to release new material for christmas 2022, when the last time they insisted there wouldn't be a game release, Game Freak went and shat out a console-based GO-clone, JUST tpo have a chirstmas release for 2018.
Lick my left one, reptile brain, they're not going to wait for you to stop being poorfag.
>>
>>47341975
not giving legends two games doesn't somehow mean dlc is not happening. what's wrong with your shitted logic, schizo?
>>47342010
>Only retards still bringing up Z is that little bitch and the only people thought Gen IV remakes were coming in VII
only retards thinking gamefreak has to follow patterns after legends already announced are the same fucks who predicted gray and z. That's not a flase statement, anon.
>shitpost about fan hype
irrelevant. from a business perpective it makes no sense whatsoever to announce gen nine next pokemon day. you have yet to refute this. you have yet to show why legends would not get dlc. you have failed to show why your own brokwn pattern somehow can't count back from 2026. you have failed to prove how releasing gen nine a year later (with legends dlc money as a chrry on top) will make less money then canibalization. You have no idea on how business works. We got no new games from the end of 2019 all the way until the end of 2021. Now you're telling me that we are getting five titlesin half the time? Nintendo doesn't wany that anon, and if they did Legends wouldn't exist because it would just get in the way of gen nine being puched at tots. On top of that, it's not even gamefreak. It's gamefreak minus Masuda, and you're still expecting them to produce legends and gen nine and release them together, each with it's own engine. Gen nine needs to see how legends works out before making final decisions. legends is an experiment.
>>
>>47341407
>might want to brush up on exactly how they split their teams up and remember they roped in whos to make the remake
Fuck off with that condescending tone. We're not getting a new gen next year.
>>
>>47341082
Oh golly, I don't know. But there are plenty of pathetic faggots in this thread who act as if they do.
>>
>>47342300
Sorry kid, if you're that retarded you think they'll pass up free money, I'll be as condescending as I like. You retards just won't learn.
>>47342184
It makes no sense to gimp a game 3 months after its release, but they already dud that with BDSP and Legends. Legends ISN'T a fundamental shift in the core mechanics of the series, it's just a step into more open world regions, training without having to risk a whole new Gen on top of that, especially now there's no leeway, can't blame the potato hardware any longer. Sorry you assume the kiddy franchise will stop, but you're not exactly showing you've a lick of sense with your arguments either.
>>
>>47342788
>you think they'll pass up free money
tey'll make less money in a gen 9 2022 scenario than a gen 9 2023 scenario
>they already dud that with BDSP and Legends
no they didn't, those were announced together. those two are both sinnoh and need to be close together. they appeal to completely different demographics and thus don't eat up each others' sales. They are made by different companies. None of that can be said about Legends and Gen 9. Also, what kind of sick reasoning have you utilized here? You think that since they're already cramming, that makes you assume they'll cram even more? Flush that brain.
Legends was described as a new era, not the time period in the game, but as an actually new era for the Pokemon Games. I'm not saying new regions will stop, but they at the very least could be affected. There's nothing stopping them from releasing a DLC for it, as it's their main attraction game as of right now.
tfw you didn't even refute the points in my previos post, so that still needs more (You)s, try again
>>
>>47342888
>th-they won't m-make money
Yeah, you retards said Dexit would gimp sales too, that didn't happen. Face it so, there's everything pointing them continuing their bent of the last few years. And if they HAD to drag out a Gen an extra year, it makes much more sense to do it for the 30th anniversary development cycle, not the previous cycle. Take more time with the games marking a significant milestone, than the 27th year.
>>
>>47342904
Didn't bother reading, they're irrelevant when the crux of your argument is "but I don't WANT them to release a new Gen next year, REEEEEEE".
>>
>>47342904
>everything pointing them continuing their bent of the last few years
Legends exists, now quit patternfagging
>significant milestone
30th anniversary in japan means next to nothing
>you retards said Dexit would gimp sales too
/vp/ is not one person anon. sink that in
if not to make money, what else is your argument as to why gen nine's coming next year?
>>
>>47342926
And? They still shat out a game 3 months before, for christmas. Until you come up with an actually compelling argument why they're not going to shit out ANOTHER game for next November, we're done here. They're not going to stop, just because you can't even with them releasing ever year. Doesn't matter, they marked the 20th and 25th, they're going to mark the 30th, because it's easy to tie merch to it and boost profits. Lick my left one, you're all as retarded as each other, desperately trying to find reasons the biggest kid's brand on the planet will STOP pitching fresh toys and pokémn at children, because you won't accept the devs no longer consider your wishes when making their games, and that's ignoring their publisher makes around 5-10m console sales each time they shit out a new game.
Only ones thinking anyone's passing that up are the types who ate or huffed glue (depending on your school system, natch) at the back of class.
>>
>>47342952
>why they're not going to shit out ANOTHER game for next November
you have yet to show why they would, considering the fact that it is not a good move for their money. You're not very smart, are you?
>releasing every year
DLC will happen and you STILL can't cope
>they're going to mark the 30th
sure they'll mark it, but they're not thinking about that now. If they were, it wouldn't affect the release of gen 9. Switch Pro will have already released, and once pokemon goes open world, where the fuck do you go from there? They won't need an extra year for gen 10, despite your fanfiction being circlejerked.
>desperately trying to find reasons the biggest kid's brand on the planet will STOP
no one said they'll stop anon. How about finishing the third grade and brushing up on your literacy? Consoles will still get their yearly release in the same usual milk window.
>the devs no longer consider your wishes when making their games
Listen negro, not once did I express my personal beliefs in my rationales. I showed you how it is logistically bad to shit out gen nine while in the middle of another sale cycle.
>publisher makes around 5-10m console sales each time they shit out a new game
They'll make more by milking Legends instead of killing it with a generational announcement. Don't use the money argument when you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Gen nine will sell the same even if it was released in ten years.
>>
>>47341082
I love how this board is so fucking focused on the what will be announced after the current thing instead of just enjoying the current thing. It doesn't matter when gen9 will be announced this board will think it's shit and gamefreak is lazy and currentyear look at this textures and whatever annoying shit they will say, because they don't want to realize that gf is an AA dev. And then the next thing will be
>muh unova remakes
>muh gen 10

Tl;dr: enjoy pl:a or bdsp instead of gen9, because you will not like gen9 either way
>>
>>47341082
2023 for sure. I went into high level historical calculations on this the other night. New games are always announced in the first half of the year and usually in clusters of January/February or May/June. New gens always fall under the first category. For a game to be announced not even a month at most after LA would never happen, that's basically unthinkable because it would cannibalize sales. And also unprecedented, games haven't been announced even less than a few months away from the last game in forever, and even then it only ever happened when you count localized releases from 9+ years ago. 2023 would be within historical norm although we haven't seen a 4 year gap in a long time.

Even then, consider that it's rare for a year to pass without some project in either November or October. It's highly possible that there will be yet another game or maybe DLC coming in 2022. Let's Go Johto would be a good bet for a new game, but there could be an expansion for LA that includes old Johto as a way to cover it to continue the second series of "remakes" started by LGPE. I doubt ILCA would do an expansion for BDSP.
>>
>>47343086
>you have yet to show why they would
Selling the brand to the next set of 6 year olds, didn't think I had to point out the obvious. Not bothering reading the rest the drivel you wrote, if you still can't see the kid's brand will continually push at children, there's no point me wasting my breath. See you next year quim.
>>
>>47343331
>Selling the brand to the next set of 6 year olds
Oh no! they'll be seven in 2023 and gen will flop, right? Again, your yearly physical release's still happening.
>Not bothering reading the rest the drivel you wrote
Thanks for the win anon. Thanks for finally realizing your shitted patterns have already been charred. You came here in an attempt to prove something meaningful, failing to do so since I stacked the facts against you. You retreated back to the same schizoid claims that make no difference. Can't wait for your aneurism next Pokemon Day when you realize your mother won't buy you yet another goody. try moving out of her basement
>>
>>47343380
>still ignoring the point
Missed 2015 I see. Too young to be on /vp/ then. Yeah, 2015 is why they have whos working under GF supervision son. So they can release a game a a year, not burn out the core staff of Game Freak. They're never going back to do what you want, what you want doesn't make anyone money and there's 2 other companies desire fresh shit to sell, get fresh profits. this thing is too big to just "slam on the brakes" like you think any more.
>>
>>47342788
>Sorry kid, if you're that retarded you think they'll pass up free money, I'll be as condescending as I like. You retards just won't learn.
You're an actual retard, aren't you?
>>
>>47343436
I'm not trying to convince people the biggest kid's brand in the world will do what I want, , nor tying to argue they're "harming sales" by releasing a new set of games 10 months after their last release, which came 3 months after the series last release.
If they don't care about BDSP's sales, they're not arsed about Legends' either. Else they WOULDN'T have shit themselves to push it out the door so soon in 2022.
>>
>47343492
The fucker STILL doesn't understand that those were announced together, those two are both Sinnoh and need to be close together, they appeal to completely different demographics and thus don't eat up each others' sales, and they are made by different companies. None of that can be said about Legends and Gen 9.
>>
>this fuckwit still insisting they'll do as she wishes
>when they've never done what /vp/ wished, once /vp/ grew old enough to post on /vp/
>>
>this shitskin still thinking anyone wants a gen nine at all
literally no one here said that they want _____
>>
>>47343492
>arsed
Get out.
>>
>>47341082
Hopefully 2023 so they have sufficient time to work on it, but I said that about Legends and it’s coming in January.

Knowing GF and TPC, it will be out next year.
>>
>>47344340
Yeah. But on the bright side, it means that Gen X will have 4 years of development before getting released for the 30th anniversary.
>>
Their new DLC approach is making the current gen feel like it's going by faster than it usually does but it's only been a year and a half. Normally we'd get a full year to play the base game before a follow up game releases. This time we were basically playing the third version during year 1 with aisle of armor and now the gen feels over already after crown. I think gen 9 is coming 2022, I don't think they're gona wait 2.5 years from this point in time to release a new gen. The merch sales boost from a new gen is significant.
>>
>>47342057
Take meds, bootlicker.
>>
>>47345821
Deal with reality better seethie. You're irrelevant now.
>>
>47345866
Oh nevermind it's just yawnfag.
>>
>everyone I dun liek or who tells me I'm wrong is yawnfag
Rent free. See you next year and remember, I told you you retarded little child. Machine don't stop, and certainly not for incel burger weebs.
>>
>>47341082
Gen IX actually started to be developed in 2019, along with Legends. Expect it to be released winter 2022, or early 2023.
>>
>>47343647
NO denying this. Gen IX 2023.
>>
>>47347913
Squeaking it repeatedly won't make that come true kid. And when they bust their arses to shite out two in three months, they'll CERTAINLY shit out two over 11 months.
Like I said, see you next year. Just remember, no sympathy, we told you retards the machine doesn't stop.
>>
>>47345866
>seethie
MA'AM, DO NOT REDEEM!!!
>>
>>47348020
See what I mean? You can throw whatever tantrum you want. but fact of the matter remains, they shat out FRLG AND Emerald in a year, there's noting pointing to them being unable to repeat that (and with whos pitching in, there's actually more chance of it happeining on top).
I'msorry this is seemingly you're first new Gen replacement, but as someone who's lied through them all, it's more likely than not they start a new Gen next year than skipping a year. You poorfag retards just utterly fail to take into consideration the amount of money the franchise makes a year, think they'd WILLINGLY pass one red cent of that up.
And that's why there's going to be a new game next year - they don't *want* to leave money on the table this year or ANY year. This is the blackpill, they don't care to stop, just because some 20-something's suffering a junior life crisis at being so thoroughly replaced barely 7 years after being the focus of the devs last.
>>
>>47342057
they did skip a year and gave us dlc instead
now seethe, faggot
>>
>>47348061
>FRLG AND Emerald
A remake and a third version based on other games that were 99% just taken from another game and minimal effort.
>>47348005
Again with that mongoloid logic:
>hurrdurr theyr'e already cramming so my logic dictates they'll cram EVEN MORE lmao nothing's to say no gen nine dic the month after gen nine lol
topkek
>>
>>47348005
Why don’t you understand that having a three year gap between gens 9 and 10 is better than a four year gap between them, especially when they can pack not only Sword/Shield but BDSP and Legends into Gen 8?
>>
>>47348061
>He still fails to realize the money points to a 2023 release.
>>
>>47348071
>they released the third version as DLC
When they also released that for the christmas market to pitch at their traditional market, that destroys your argument competely. And they boxed and budled the DLC and sold it at chrristmas last year, for the traditional christmas sales window as always.
If you gobshites had even half a brain-cell to rub together, yis'd be dangerous.
>>
>PLA Jan 22.
>Pokémon day five weeks later
>Gen 9 announced
>Gen 9 released end of 22
>>
>>47348099
They're not cramming kid, it's not that hard to get a pokémon game made in three years. The issue cane from trying to stuff the pokédex in and make the game in three years. Since they cut the dex out, they're not going to have half as much trouble producing their games(shit, look at how wrong this place has been on predicting releases anyway).
You still haven't explained or suggested what's appearing for November release to keep the influx of cash going, this is non-negotiable, they *don't* leave money on the table when the opposite is shill the brand at children.
>>
>>47348116
Because a 4 year gap between IX anfd X makes more sense, especially when it can take 4 years to make the 3oth anniversary celebration game that little bit better.
Only manchildren, unable to cope with time passing by so swiftly, could EVER think having a year off now would be any way good for things. I want them to have the longest period possible to make Gen X and fuck all you retards for thinking the other way's better. That's fucking stupid and selfish.
>>
>>47348127
The money points to them continuing their traditional promotion methods kid. that's why they shar=t out Legends so early in the year - so they can release a new core game in November as usual and continue selling the brand to children.
The money points to the franchise continuing to push itself hard at children, like its done since it started selling the brand as a whole at them.
>>
>>47348203
I completely agree that it makes more sense. I don’t think the other way is better — I don’t think anyone in their right mind does, and (to use your words) you’re “fucking stupid” for thinking that just because we think Gen 9 is coming in 2023 means we WANT that to be the case.
However, they didn’t do it for the 20th anniversary so I’m fairly confident it won’t happen for the 30th. I’d love to be wrong, I really would.
>>
>>47348245
They didn't have whos working under them in 2016 though. I fully expect ILCA either get taken over by Game Freak or GF to pull a Genius Soroity, hire away anyone with potential and form another team at GF HQ. I don't expect them to stop releasing a new game every year, but I also think the whos are there to allow GF a 4 year cycle from now on, somehow. GF can make three games in three years, but if they had another team or studio chipping in a project, they'd be able to take more time with theirs and still keep Ninty happy with a new game to push console sales each November.
>>
>>47348288
Let’s hope you’re right. I have less faith in Gamefreak’s decision making, but like I said, I’d LOVE to be wrong because I think the main series could really benefit from a 4 year dev cycle.
>>
>>47348191
If you still unironically think that reusing models takes effort, slit your throat promptly. This has nothing to do with getting the games developed, as they never have trouble with finishing that.
DLC for Legends is happening. You still can't cope.
>>47348203
Gen 10 will need less dev time than gen nine. Once Pokemon is open-world there is nowhere left to go. The effort will plateau, and whatever they do with gen 10 to celebrate year 30 won't somehow require an extra year. And again, just a reminder, no one said they would miss out on a year of physical releases.
>>47348216
Legends were not released early, but nice fanfic anon. They need the two Sinnoh games close together, they can be together without eating up each others' sales because they are marketed to completely different demographics, and are made by different companies. The problem doesn't come from launching together, but it is well known in the business world that ANNOUNCING something new after your latest and greatest JUST LAUNCHED is a suicidal business move.
>Money argument
Gen nine will give them the same amount of money whenever it drops. Gen 9 in 2022 would only hurt the sales of Legends severely, which is their current biggest experiment and what they are investing in. Otherwise, Gamefreak would have made a normal remake, and Legends would be a smaller side project outsourced instead.
>>47348245
I think something ""special"" will probably happen for the 30th anniversary, but that doesn't mean that what we now know for sure (Legends) will have zero impact on future release schedules.
>>
>>47348333
>still ignoring manipulating and ensuring each and every one of the now almost 900 pokémon and over a thousand models takes time and effort
And continually crying about "re-using models" WON'T explain away how that takes time, time the devs felt was better used producing the game, instead of making a showdown clone, because they didn't have time to do owt else with the rest of the game (I remember you niggers' cries of "SM is a visual novel REEEE" yet fucking ignore WHY that's so still).
Even the fucking director said the game was impacted to the point he had to code the trials with just designers to help him. Only thing on SM that could have drawn so much manhours was making sure the pokémon worked in game, fuck knows they'd cut out enough shit they'd planned to do in production with just pokémon to show for it.
>>
>>47348333
They released two games within 3 moths of each other, as the publisher wants consoles sole in November and January anon. Pokémon is a console seller, so whenever it's launching, Nintendo are expecting a push on consoles. They're going to want a further push on consoles in November, that's a new Financial year and they'll want that year's numbers to look as pretty as this current and last year's just gone. Pokémon reliably does that, moreso than their own work does.
>>
>>47348381
Pic related literally shows your retardation on full display. They post the models and debug, edit if absolutely needed. You're not very smart, are you?
>>47348393
>They're going to want a further push on consoles in November
sure they will, but it won't be gen nine for literally all the untouched reasons in this thread. Legends will have DLC and the other anon STILL can't cope.
>>
>>47348409
>post
port*
>>
File: 1575978760902.jpg (98 KB, 650x650)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>47348409
>>47348416
See you next year child. Just remember, I fucking told you, so don't spit the dummy about being wrong.
>>
>>47348438
Thanks for the win anon. Thanks for finally realizing your shitted patterns have already been charred. You came here in an attempt to prove something meaningful, failing to do so since I stacked the facts against you. You retreated back to the same schizoid claims that make no difference. Can't wait for your aneurism next Pokemon Day when you realize your mother won't buy you yet another goody. try moving out of her basement
>>
>>47348463
You didn't "win" anything until 28th February '22, retard. Only then will it be proven beyond doubt who's right. Like I said, see you next year and remember, I fucking told you, you reptile-brained cunt.
>>
>>47348485
You better hope the day never comes. You know your claims mean nothing. You have no grasp on the real world and I doubt you'll even have the capacity to recall thinking that you once thought gen nine was next year. Once it doesn't happen, /vp/ will be loaded with shitpiles of excuses.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.