[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: work_cafe.png.jpg (66 KB, 650x437)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Femanons would you date a guy who likes Pokemon as well or do you only go for gym obsessed Chads who think "pokamons for nerdsss"
>>
>>47339476
A fusion of both, but I don't mind a guy who likes Pokémon because I like Pokémon too
>>
>>47339476
One of the first things I told my ex when we first met in a class was that I knew all 721 pokemon by name. I don’t think that bit of autism deterred her since we dated for a year and a half
>>
>>47339476
I’d settle for any guy who doesn’t see me as a warm body to lay with and actually cares about me, so I don’t care if he likes Pokémon just as much as I do or not.
>>
>>47339492
whats up
>>
LONDON
>>
>>47339476
The question should be whether any guy would even want to be with me
>>
I wish I would date a guy who likes Pokémon.
>t. A guy
>>
>>47339476
That's assuming any guy would want to date me in the first place. ;_;
>>
>femanons
*trannyanons
>>
How do I get a girlfriend bros?
>>
>>47339526
Same, I've been bullied by other gays before for liking Pokémon.
>>
>>47339669
Hell, I can't find any other gay people who like Pokémon the same way I do.
>>
My Chad bf and I publicly mock anyone we see with Pokemon merch or clothing and then go home to play SwSh together
>>
>>47339667
Just try. People are 90% likely to know if they are interested in you within 60 secs of seeing/talking to you. Probably not enough time before you splurge what your hobbies are but there is the downside of inherently not having a chance regardless even if you say you’re CEO of all money
>>
>>47339476
I would date muscle chads only but nerdy chads are the best of the best.
>>
>>47340603
muscular men are eye candy sure, but they’re suuuuper insecure and defensive about their own masculinity
>>
>>47339560
/thread
>>
>>47339476
I’m a tall muscular weightlifter who likes playing Pokemon showdown.

I wouldn’t reveal my pokemon interest early until I get a feel if they would be receptive or not, as ultimately it is just a minor part of me. I’d hope they’d be open minded though on such geeky topics so we have fun things to talk about, or share some other interests with me.

Something for femanons to keep in mind is that muscle Chad has a much higher interest in weight lifter girl/cardio bunny, not only for aesthetic reasons, but because they are much more likely to get along lifestyle wise.

They are both going to be careful about their diet, care about getting enough sleep and not drinking too much, avoid smoking, both will have more interest in doing fun physical stuff outside than staying indoors and watching netflix all day, etc.

Exercise girl will be much less insecure and understanding of why the guy is interested in working out, not think he is doing it to cheat on her, and won’t try to sabotage him and instead will work together to build each other up.
>>
>>47339476
FOIDS - NOT EVEN ONCE
>>
>>47339476
nigger you're on /vp/
>>
>>47339526
>>47339669
>>47339689
Your best shot is dating a furfag, unfortunately.
>>
>>47339492
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>47339667
You don't
>>47339476
>implying anyone on this site is dateable
>>
>>47339667
>improve your social skills if you need to, personality is most important
>better grooming and clothing if you need to
>spend time somewhere you can talk to girls a lot
>if you're autistic, try to find a girl who's also autistic
>>
No girl will ever date you or not date you based on liking pokemon. If you're a fat autistic retard with plushies and a Gardevoir poster on your wall then maybe. But no one should datr anyone who makes an anime their personality. If it's a normal interest you have, no girl will care
>>
>>47343787
I’m obsessive af about my interests and hobbies, and my ex-bf of two weeks questioned if I’m autistic when he saw my Sanrio and pokemon plushies arranged on my bed. He retracted what he said, because he thought saying such things while in my bedroom would deny his chance to lay with me, but when I made it clear I’m not comfortable with doing that just yet, he called me autistic again and walked out of the relationship.

Question is, would any of the anons here even pretend to care about me for that long? If normie men can’t pretend for more than two weeks, I doubt a more sexually obsessed autistic man would wait that long, let alone meet my desire of at least two months of dating. And before you assume anything, I’m still a virgin, I just don’t like the idea of being intimate with strangers, there’s simply no love there at all.
>>
>>47344105
It's generally easier for autistic guys to get along with autistic girls. Whether someone will wait 2 months, depends on the person, I would happily do it if I liked you.
The guy who dumped you was weird though, who even cares if a girl has plushies? It's cute
>>
>>47344105
I'm a virgin dude who has had girlfriends and yet has never gone through with sex because of my faith, and wanting to wait until marriage. Unironically, consider finding someone who really values the importance of a long-term relationship and the like. It's not a guarantee, but there are dudes out there who want more than just sex.
>>
>>47339476
Whether or not “she” would date me, I wouldn’t date her.
>>
>>47339476
A gym obsessed chad who likes Pokemon and thinks "pokamons for nerdsss"
>>
>>47339476
My wife and I got married through a mutual love of this series. I never thought I was going to make it and now she makes waffles for us in her panties.
Never give up, anons. If I can do it, there’s hope for all of us.
>>
i already have a bf who loves Pokemon. he hates Gen 8 as much as i do.
>>
>>47339667
why are you asking this on /vp/?
>>
>>47342177
The ones I managed to peg sure weren't as insecure, but I mostly date bi men too
>>
>>47344105
What do you look like. What color is your hair ma’am
>>
>>47342430
Interesting to read. It’s healthy to see others’ perspectives. I only go to the gym to stay healthy but I wouldn’t really want to hang w gym heads. I’ll have to try to find a girl at a book store or something instead of a cardio queen
>>
How many of your here are actually females
>>
>>47346352
Why? You can't truly verify either way.

Women don't believe a lot of hobbies are strictly for "nerds" anymore. It's just an interest like any other game/anime would be. Social "norms" or standards are restrictive and dumb anyways.
>>
>>47346352
I am one but there's no way -or need- to prove it, and anyways it's pointless to- specially on an anonymous site
>>
>>47339667
Throw real life pokeballs at her. Aim for the head.
>>
>>47346352
I'm only really here to answer a question. Whether you believe I'm female or not is more your loss.

>>47346428
This. It's not as if you're going to tell every person you meet what you like either. Just enjoy what hobbies make you most happy.
>>
>>47346428
>>47346494
>>47346541
I was just curious. I prefer to talk to women sometimes, even in RL only talking to guys for a day can be a bit jarring though I’m probably an odd one out. It’s nice to know /vp/ isn’t a meat den besides coomer threads
>>
>>47346558
Ahh my bad. I understand a bit what you mean, though for me it's easier to talk to the opposite gender. But as I get older, I see myself looking for life advice from older female peers.
I never saw anything wrong with hanging out with the opposite gender, whether that person may be male or female. Imo what matters more is making friends with people who are nice, and not dickheads. Though everyone pretty much knows that.
>>
>>47344177
Abstinence unironically weeds out what would be failed relationships, regardless of religion
>>
>>47339476
How does one get a boyfriend?
>>
>>47343669
No thanks, not a fan of furries, just a dude who's a dude.
>>
Pokemons aren't for nerds. Being a nerd is sexy nowadays. But if you're a 25+ years old man who still obsesses over pokemon, you're just a loser, not a nerd.
>>
>>47339667
The thing women care about the most is your social status.
When a woman sees you, she (subconsciously) observes how you interact with others. Are you popular with other guys? What is your friend group like? Are you popular with girls? Do you immediately stick out as a creep or a loner? Do people look up to you? Come to you for advice and guidance? Or are you a bumbling retard who can't do anything on his own? Are you in a position of authority? Or do people speak down to you? Etc you get the idea.
I knew a girl once that liked me just because I was the only guy with a college degree that she knew. That's all it took for her to like me, because she thought I had a high social status. Obviously this doesn't work on college girls though.
>>
>>47346948
if gay, dunno, stop being gay
if straight, literally just get one, you need to be a serious goblina to not be able to net a guy within days of trying
>>
>>47346948
Even if you’re a hideous goblin, you have a much easier time of finding a mate than a man in a similar situation would. Just ask, you lazy passive shit
>>
>>47339492
You’ll find a guy like that when you stop thinking of men as a replaceable piggybank and as a supplier of a roof over your head and understand he is his own person just as you are.

The number one relationship fear of women is that they will stop loving their man. The number one relationship fear of men is that their woman will stop loving them. What does this tell you about modern relationships?
>>
>>47339476
I wanna date a guy, anyone, don't care who. Although I'm a dude myself so that criteria would depend on who's out there. Women have it easier though that's for sure.
>>
File: 1561394831256.gif (1.91 MB, 498x330)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB GIF
>>47339476
If he's cute and/or has the right personality, then yes but actually no thanks as I don't want a relationship, I'm pretty happy by myself
>>
>>47347343
whydya post den
also nice numbers
>>
File: IMG_20200621_131229.jpg (62 KB, 1125x768)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>anyone itt thinking they are dateable
>especially men
>>
File: 1578964745343.jpg (56 KB, 693x472)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>47347359
Jokes on you, I could date anyone itt if I wanted to.
>>
>>47339689
All I've met before were gay guys who are into generic bara characters but don't actually care about Pokémon at all. It felt frustrating and lonely.
>>
Women only date men who have something they want. Status, usually. They wouldn't care about the man being a fan of pokemon if the man is a CEO worth millions of dollars, because their desire to take half of that money blinds them.
>>
>>47347527
Same here, I'm not a fan of bara characters either and just wanna meet a guy who is passionate about Pokémon like I am.
>>
>>47339476
>You either like pokémon or are a gym obsessed chad

This is why nobody dates you, you're retarded
>>
>>47347544
>just wanna meet a guy who is passionate about Pokémon like I am
H-hi anon.
>>
>>47347738
Hey there anon, how are you? Since you've replied to me does that mean you're passionate too?
>>
File: 1610857887884.jpg (244 KB, 1000x1778)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>47347359
I'm going to love Miosha until we both die!
>>
>>47347538
>Women only date men who have something they want.
Cynical take. Not all women are after superficial "rewards."
>>
>>47347803
Most are. It’s simple biologic nature. Women, more than anything, seek security in their mates. For all of human history, this has amounted to things like strength and power and wealth. Women seek security, whilst men seek stability. What men subconsciously want is a woman who will ensure his home is stable and functional, so that his children will grow up healthy. It’s why we prefer more submissive women, why we prefer domesticity, and why we prefer both physical and psychological traits that hint towards being a good mother. (Wide hips indicate easier birth, larger breasts indicate more milk; caring, nurturing, attentive personality, etc).
We are fundamentally animals, so our actions and predilections can be understood in this framework.
>>
>>47347803
They are because men have nothing to provide. Men are useless puppets for women to enjoy.
>>
>>47347753
About Pokémon? Yes. It's a reliable source of joy and entertainment for me. I also like getting lost in fond memories.
>>
>>47347359
I look like the zombie from warm bodies according to my (female) friends and almost have my BS in chemistry. I’m not Jeff bezos but if I didn’t have a crippling fear of dating again from my last breakup I think I’d have something to offer
>>
>>47347896
That's a good mentality to have, I have a lot of fond memories of various games in the series and it helped form my love for a lot of RPGs and similar games in general too.
>>
>>47339476
Don't be idiotic anon, you're on /vp/, everyone here is a pokémon fan, OF COURSE if you ask a pokémon fan they'll say they'd welcome another pokémon fan as a partner. baka
>>
>>47347909
So when you say you are passionate about Pokémon, what does it mean? That you invest lots of time in the franchise? Or maybe you just feel a personal connection to it?
>>
>>47347953
A mixture of both, I've been playing through the games in order lately. I have a lot of fond memories like you've put it of the series as a whole. To the point where I follow through with any developments or advances the franchise makes. I'm cautiously optimistic of the new games coming this year and next year for example. I also am a JRPG fan in general and made a ton of Pokémon related stuff like music.
Short answer, I like Pokémon.
>>
>>47347993
>I've been playing through the games in order lately
This sounds very comfy, I wish I had the time to do it. What kind of music have you made? I'm interested in this.
>>
>>47348078
Remixes, pokemon arrangements, other compositions that aren't Pokémon related too actually. And yeah, it's really fun, I'm starting Gen 5 now after going through from Gen 1 to 4. I've gotten a lot of time thanks to COVID shenanigans.
>>
>>47348091
I would love to hear some of those remixes. Lately I've been transcribing some tunes by ear, but I have no idea how to rearrange them or make any changes on them.
>>
>>47348133
Oh, that's pretty neat. What have you been transcribing? I haven't uploading my stuff anywhere yet to be fair but I'd be happy to show you when I'm on my PC.
>>
>>47348151
I'm personally drawn to town and route themes, they are usually malleable when it comes to playing them and I like the cozy vibes they sometimes have.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.