[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is a single player open world game by Game Freak. We know that there are no trainers, thus there is likely no online play either. As far as we know the objective is to just catch pokemon and fill the pokedex. I can see the story being 30 hours at most, and then what? There will be nothing to do, since I doubt game freak knows how to make a compelling world with secrets like BOTW. Do yourself a favor and skip this spin-off in disguise.
>>
>BOTW
>compelling world
>>
>Spin-off in disguise
Wait, people didn't know this is obviously a spin-off?
>>
>>47012667
I will purchase Legends and support the evolution of Pokemon. Even with additions like the wild area, SwSh's story was still peak stagnation. Enough. This is the most experimental Gamefreak has ever been and you are a fool if you hope Legends fails.
>>
>>47012681
Game Freak is calling it mainline like they did with LGPE.
>>
>>47012681
No because it isn't a spin-off.
>>
>>47012687
Huh, I must've missed that. Everything about this screams spin-off.
>>
>>47012682
>you are a fool if you hope Legends fails.
not if I don't like the direction the game went. is that not the purpose of experimentation? to see what will work and what will fail? change is not necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>47012667
>since I doubt game freak knows how to make a compelling world with secrets like BOTW

BotW's world isn't compelling in the slightest though and most of the secrets are entirely pointless
>>
>>47012667
*spits on you*
>>
>>47012667
>Why Legends will be boring as fuck
because it is nu pokemon. If you weren't a crack addict with nothing else, you would have let go since XY.
>>
>>47012667
Your right, because I won't be able to spend 50 hours hatching eggs or soft resetting to get favorable IV's to play 200+ turn matches online I won't be able to have any fun :(
>>
>>47012723
I'm not a nostalgiafagging underagetard, sorry
>>
>>47012682
good, buy their turds. I jumped ship.
>>47012720
*spits cum on you*
>>
>>47012727
>IF YOU DON'T BUY GARBAGE THEN YOU ARE UNDERAGED!
I am not nostalgiafag because I play most recent games. You are still mad that not everybody eats shit like you, I see. Keep eating it, champ.
>>
>>47012682
it’s not like i don’t want legends to fail, it’s just that i know it will.
>>
>>47012740
>>IF YOU DON'T BUY GARBAGE
? But you clearly bought gen 5
>>
>>47012744
meant to say
*its not like I want
ignore the don’t
>>
>>47012754
Sup yawnfag
>>
>>47012667
There's obviously something more to legends that we don't know yet. Sword and Shield had its 2 main features (wild area and dynamax) revealed in a later trailer, which hasn't happened yet for legends.
>>
>>47012667
wrong. here's how it will go
>game will place emphasis on exploration and traversing the world with mounts, exploring some admittedly samey caves with a couple of proper dungeons sprinkled in
>focus on catching pokemon but trainer battles and boss battles will be a huge part of the story as always
>hub building mechanics (starts out as small settlement, becomes more bustling as you gather resources)
>no online play
regarding the last point, so fucking what? the real redpill is to stop with the mindset that pokemon games should last forever. who the fuck cares about pvp and smogon autism
if anything, the game will probably have updates sprinkled in (think swarms, new legendary dwelling, that type of shit) to have something new to come back to if you really want more content
>>
>>47012773
>redpill
post discarded
>>
>>47012667
oh shit, op is right. DOA game
>>
File: Legends.gif (865 KB, 600x480)
865 KB
865 KB GIF
>>47012667
>>
>>47012787
it's just a word anon, don't get that worked up about it
>>
>>47012733
That's kind of gay
>>
>>47012667
>I can see the story being 30 hours at most, and then what?
100% the game or do something else, like literally every other game that isn't named Pokemon
>>
>>47012733
That's why you're sitting on this shithole day after day crying about how the series went to shit when you grew up and it stopped caring about you then?
>>
>>47012667
because shiny hunting autismo and compfaggotry are so goddamn compelling
I just want something like XD or Colosseum, an innovative pokemon game that dares break the formula a bit and doesn't stick around for too long
>>
>>47012799
you will never be white, blue eyes and blonde hair
>>
>>47012826
why the fuck would I care about that
are you ok anon?
>>
>>47012818
Not him but
Unmmm romhacks sweaty? ;)
>>
>>47012822
Innovation is bad when it's done for its own sake
>>
>>47012744
>>47012763
As long as it beats the least-selling Core game, it's going to be considered a success anon.
Particularly when it's a training game for Game Freak to gain 3D environmental design but also because its being released to help sell Pro consoles and unlike the other generalisations the board spews a new Pokémon game guarantees new console sales. It's why Nintendo keep them pumped out every year.
>>
Lmao BoTW didn't have a compelling world. People just like it because of how you can fuck around with the physics and tools you have to perform whacky shit. Something that PLA will lack.
>>
>>47012770
To be fair, Legends is more WA-like design practice. I'd guarantee they won't bring combat system forward and doubt there is going to be any big reveal elsewise.
Unless it's cooking baits/lures or something.
>>
>>47012841
so? many people have always found the idea of an open world pokemon game to be interesting and I'm glad gf is finally going through with it
>>
>>47012818
I come for the old gen trading if there is any, old gen posting and to laugh at you, conzoomers
>>
>>47012866
>so many zoomers and baby zoomers want an open world EMPTY game, to pretend it is great between tears and seething, despite boomers being right yet again.
>>
>>47012843
i didn’t mean a financial failure, i meant a failure gameplay wise. you and i both know a mainline pokemon game won’t fail financially, no matter the quality
>>
>>47012838
Yeah, sure. You're so *done* with pokémon, you play edgy teen versions of it to show it to the world how done you are (that's assuming you're not just playing straight "make this challenging for adults plz" hacks like the rest the dweebs here who play the "-b-but muh romhacks").
You children are all the same - can't admit the truth to save your life, yet project your deepest fee-fees on the world to deal with them. FWIW, if you're fine with romhack graphics, you should have NO issue with current pokémon, you ARE playing an 18 year old game, made to 30 year old standards after all at heart on a PC no less than I'm sure can run at least two year old games.
>>
>>47012902
Yeah you love the games, that's why you come and argue about how good they are instead of actually playing them. Oh but you already finished everything of these lacklusters pieces of shit, right? that's why you are here. Cry me a damn river, maggot.
>>
>>47012876
why does it have to be empty? if anything, pokemon has a unique advantage in the fact that the pokemon themselves are the main collectible, game mechanic and points of interest of the whole franchise
most open world games can't have that advantage, nobody cares about the mooks you kill for exp, so just filling up the world with pokemon would be much more content than the standard open world game with comparatively less effort. That's why the concept is solid.
>>
>>47012926
Every "open world meme" game is empty. Even the so praised witcher 3 and fart of the wild are empty, but surely you kids will not admit it until you are well off in your 25+s and you finally have some knowledge about how much work is required to buy a stupid switch and a game then. Until then you will defend them like if nintendo paid you.
>>
>>47012924
I'm not the one crying because she grew up and Game Freak stopped talking to them kid. :^)
>>
>>47012970
Been playing warcraft and other games, if you pretend I am here 24/7 "crying" about a trash company that abuses kids like you all which don't know quality, you are dead wrong.
>>
>>47013006
>warcraft
not that anon but damn, that's even worse than pokemon
you went from eating shit to diving right into a shit ocean my man
>>
>>47012667
>there is likely no online play either
>As far as we know
>I can see the story being 30 hours at most
This is a very poorly-worded method of saying you know next to nothing about the game but just feel like making a judgment call anyway. Feel free to fuck off and try again when we actually know more than nothing about the game.
>>
>>47012970
>she
>>
>>47012953
breath of the wild was leagues better than both twilight princess and skyward sword, who both followed the "traditional" formula set by OoT
I don't have faith in legends having a team as experienced as the one which worked in BOTW, but the main reason I'm interested in getting this one is because it's trying something ambitious that would suit pokemon very well
t. haven't played since b2w2
>>
>>47013031
>worse than pokemon
Now that's some cope I have seen there.
Best mmo I have played, and go back to /v/.
>>
They should have made a more linear game like Xenoblade 2, which is overall a better experience despite being slightly scuffed. Which I guess is better than Game Freak's incredibly scuffed games with potential, but whatever.
>>
>>47012667
The game isn't even out yet, retard.
>>
>>47013049
>breath of the wild was leagues better than both twilight princess and skyward sword
when was the last time you shaved?
>>
>>47013049
It really wasn't though

Dungeons are all garbage
No fun items
No fun or memorable characters like previous games

It wasn't a Zelda game. If you replaced all the "Zelda" character designs with generic ones, it could easily be a new IP.
>>
>>47013049
retard opinion
Tell me how many open world meme games you ahve played, bet it is not even 3
>>
File: wait a sec.jpg (49 KB, 600x578)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>47013049
>breath of the wild
>better than twilight princess
>>
>>47013059
>>47013062
>>47013063
>>47013071
>liking twilight princess
>defending skyward sword
christ, at least /v/ has better taste than this
>>
>>47012953
What game isn't "empty" by your standards?
>>
File: 1610693649052.jpg (15 KB, 193x203)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>47012667
>We know that there are no trainers
wait what? what have i missed?
>>
>>47013049
>breath of the wild was leagues better than both twilight princess and skyward sword, who both followed the "traditional" formula set by OoT
Firstly it started with Link to the Past, which was shit, and all of those games are terrible on their own. Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, and Majora's Mask are the only good games using that formula, Minish Cap was alright though. BotW is worse than the original Zelda, but it has potential that the sequel might improve on.
>it's trying something ambitious that would suit pokemon very well
It's trying the incredibly safe route for this era of video games instead of taking the more daring route of actually improving what made Pokemon as a video game good. In an era where people love open world video games, Xenoblade 2 instead with smaller and more linear maps than either of it's predecessors, but they were open enough that it doesn't matter, the basic combat was improved to be more engaging (instead of putting a stupid timer over it for some reason like Legendfs), and the story and characters are much better and more fleshed out than the first game's basic shonen story or X's I don't even fucking know what they were going for because it's clearly not done yet. I've got a laundry list of improvements on the basic Pokemon formula that would make it better, but people would rather have another game that plays exactly like every other game out there right now.
>>
>>47013091
games that are not open world, kid
>>
>>47013104
>the story and characters
fuck that
the less cutscenes, dialogues and coomerbait shit in pokemon the better
>>
>>47013104
Xenoblade 2 was god awful, though.
>>
>>47012667
Will I be able to send my arecus to the gen 4 remakes??? That’s the only reason I want it.
>>
>>47013116
Pokemon is character and story-focused as fuck. The entire franchise about the plot and characters.
>>
>>47013102
Nothing, he's just jumping to conclusions. Game isn't finished yet and we have barely seen footage of it.
>>
>>47013124
the point of the franchise is to catch, collect and battle pokemon
you have shithouses like reborn and rejuvination for character wanking
>>
>>47012713
Faggot detected
>>
>>47012667
>This is a single player open world game
Don’t forget it’s also an action RPG. Literally the Pokemon game of my dreams.

>We know that there are no trainers, thus there is likely no online play either.
Good, that will means they’re going to have to put more effort into making a good game. Online will probably be confined to BDSP.

>As far as we know the objective is to just catch pokemon and fill the pokedex.
There’s also the story mode which we know nothing about. There’s also going to be more clever ways to catch Pokemon unlike before like using stealth (shown in the trailer) or fetch quests (see the SwSh DLC).

The whole point of an open world game is exploration and discovery. It’s a different approach entirely to game design from all mainline Pokemon games. If there are no quests or incentives to explore, then they failed at making an open world game. However, they did create some decent quests in the SwSh DLC, so I would expect this to be a much better expansion of those ideas.

>Do yourself a favor and skip this spin-off in disguise.
Can’t take someone seriously when we’ve barely seen anything yet. The trailers and leaks have me excited, but cautious. We’ll need to wait for another reveal trailer before making a more informed opinion.
>>
>>47012953
So innovative is bad, but also staying the same is bad? Tell me what do you really want.
>>
Sinnoh is the worst region except for galar so no thanks
>>
>>47013116
I didn't say that was exactly what Pokemon needed, Xenoblade 2 did have a lot of cutscenes, but it also had a lot it wanted to do and a lot of playable characters. You could do a more simple Pokemon story with only a few characters, and only a few key cutscenes, a lot could probably even be told through gameplay if you want to bring team composition into it.
>>47013120
Explain? I mean, I know it was pretty big brain, both for the basic combat (which is super poorly explained by the game itself) and the story (which is Xenogears put through a blender, but with slightly less depression and robots), so if you weren't very bright it probably turned you off. It also starts really slow on both fronts, so if you were expecting more it definitely makes a bad first impression. Like I said, the game is slightly scuffed, it's not like the first Xenoblade which is generally competent but not amazing (aside from existing on the Wii at all, I guess) or X which has a lot going for it but also a lot that's awful.
>>
>>47013114
So no actual answer, then. Open world games have the same exact interactions as a non open-world, but with more freedom of movement. If you can't actually describe what makes non open-world games not "empty" then you just can't handle anything better than hallways.
>>
>>47013157
Nintendo addict detected
>>
>>47013124
>Pokemon is character and story-focused as fuck.
when, since gen 5, maybe gen 4?
gens 1-3 are like 10% dialogues and 90% exploration with the player being left the fuck alone and they are also the most replayable because of it
>>
>>47013158
>Don’t forget it’s also an action RPG
No? It's an ATB based system, like Final Fantasy 5, one of the most turn based RPGs to be turn based.
>>
>>47013053
>They should have made a more linear game like Xenoblade 2
I think that would be a better approach for the traditional games, so for Gen 9.
>>
>>47013124
It's really not, though. The games that are more story-heavy (BW, SM, USUM) tend to be looked down on compared to the ones that aren't. Gens 1 and 2 in particular have almost no story at all, it's all secondary to your adventure.
>>
>>47013179
ATB was also used for FFVII remake, where battles take place in real-time. There are lots of iterations for that battle system and we don’t know what kind Legends will use.
>>
>>47013165
a good game
>>
>>47013171
It's exactly that freedom of movement that's the problem. Avoiding things becomes the dominant strategy when you're given too much freedom. It's more important to be given tools to solve a problem in various ways. The shrines in BotW are easily the best part of the game because of this, they accept multiple inputs but the space is limited enough that you're forced to think. There's a lot of video games that are more like that.
>>
>>47012667
>there are no trainers
I'm fucking sold. I'm tired of walking three steps only to get mugged by random weirdos
>>
>>47012667
imagine if this game will be the pokemon equivalent of sonic 06
>>
>>47013198
Given the screenshots and video we've seen, that's incredibly doubtful. In addition, FFVII doesn't use ATB
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Battle_system#Unnamed_Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake_system
>>
>>47013198
Lighting Returns uses ATB for 1v1, right? Probably something like that, but switching your Pokemon instead of Schemata.
>>
>>47013171
The problem is making a huge empty world that you don't place things in. You can avoid all enemies, bypass everything and run to the bosses for the best weapons, the game is complacent and allows people to break it too much. If they somehow fixed it so you couldn't simply bypass everything and had less freedom, it would be better. but Hyperactive teenagers and zooms like you all, get bored if you aren't constantly pressing buttons. that's why this is the only type of game you kids can play anymore.
>>
>>47013168
I feel like XB2 totally wastes its characters, the story is utterly generic. They went the shonen anime route when a more ground, character-driven story could have been so much more interesting. Zeke and Morag do absolutely fuck all the entire game, they're essentially babysitters. They have no arcs, barely contribute outside of being high-ranking people from their respective home countries, thus allowing the party access to said places, and by the end of the game you feel like they didn't even need to be there. At least Zeke has some relevant flashbacks with the pope, but Morag does LITERALLY nothing. I ended up liking the game's combat quite a bit and the music was fucking sublime but the MMO-lite world design, totally tacked-on mobile game mechanics like locking Blades behind pseudo-gacha and those retarded merc missions that ran in real time just made the game way more frustrating than it needed to be. Combine that with lots of little annoyances like the terrible dub, lack of subtitled dialogue during combat (of which there is a shit-ton, including unique conversations depending on your currently equipped Blades) forcing you to choose the shitty dub if you wanted to hear it, the map being shitty, Tiger Tiger bullshit, field skills being retarded, etc. and the game just made me angry by the time I was finished. I hardly consider it a good example of what Pokemon should try to be. Certain elements are essentially perfect but other parts of the game are fucking awful in my eyes.
>>
>>47013220
>”In the Final Fantasy VII Remake, the battle system retains Active Time Battle aspects, although it is action-based to retain strategy elements.”

So, like I said where it’s a mix of ATB and real-time. Although I understand it’s unlike their previous games that use ATB.

Still, it’s a lot more active than the traditional battle system in Pokemon. I just want the battles to move and feel more like the anime.
>>
>>47013223
Yes and I hope so because that was one of my favorite iterations.
>>
>>47012754
I gladly own 3 copies of Gen 5. Thank you very much.
>>
>>47013236
>You can avoid all enemies, bypass everything and run to the bosses for the best weapons
you're literally only talking about botw and how you have the option of bum rushing hyrule castle from the get go
it's an ingenuous idea and more of an optional challenge btw, you really have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>47013236
you sound like an underage trying too hard to fit in desu
>>
>>47013035
Based!
>>
>>47013207
It's true that avoiding encounters becomes too easy in open world games. The devs have to account for that and try to make encounters enticing so that players won't avoid them, but that doesn't always work out perfectly. A linear game with multiple paths in each area can avoid this issue while still having a sense of exploration. I'm still interested in the open world of Legends, but Pokemon has a lot of potential for how it can handle exploration in a 3D world while still being paths rather than a full open world.
>>
>>47013184
Look at shit outside the main games

It's mostly character focused
>>
>>47013168
Don't forget about Xenosaga now :/
>>
unless the game has changed from the leaks we know Legends has boss fights, so just running around avoiding encounters ultimately won't benefit the player.
>>
>>47013278
>>47013272
typical apologizer replies, fuck off nintenshills
You can avoid shit in other open world games, you just haven't played any like I said. And you rush to the "underage" meme to try and discredit. Useless sub humans, both of you.
>>
>>47013314
you sound deranged
>>
>>47013303
>Look at shit outside the main games
Of the spin-offs I'd only call PMD character-focused. Ranger and Conquest, maybe? Regardless, anon said "the entire franchise", and the biggest part of the franchise relevant to this discussion are the mainline games, which are largely not character-focused.
>>
>>47013323
>Shut up and stop thinking, just buy any nintendo garbage!
.l.
>>
>>47013241
>I feel like XB2 totally wastes its characters, the story is utterly generic.
To be fair, it is just Takahashi doing that one story again, which can be tiresome. You might not like the direction Xenoblade is going, because Future Connected implies some Xenosaga shit, so if you're tired of that too you won't be too happy with it.
>They went the shonen anime route when a more ground, character-driven story could have been so much more interesting.
It's a little borderline, yeah. But a lot of the character stuff can be subtle to the point of not even noticing it, case in point...
>Morag does LITERALLY nothing
Her story is technically about finding her reason to exist, but it's definitely backgrounded compared to the rest of the team and all the antagonists. I guess that's what you mean by wasted characters.
>totally tacked-on mobile game mechanics like locking Blades behind pseudo-gacha
Random drops of weapons with different stats is pretty unusual for most JRPGs, but not for RPGs in general. Although I guess that's more Roguelike than anything?
>the map being shitty
I actually really like the map design, or do you mean the minimap or fast travel stuff? I think they patched that and it's still sub-optimal, so I get where you're coming from.
>field skills being retarded
Much like HMs in Pokemon, if there was less of a requirement it would be leagues better. As it stands, I far prefer it to the original HM system but I've got better ideas.
Basically I get you on all that, I don't consider a lot of the problems you had to be major, alike I've been saying the game is slightly scuffed (they had to send their menu guy to work on BotW I think, so that's not the best in general either) but overall I think it's pretty good. It's not my favorite game, or even RPG, but I think it's pretty good. I imagine if I had a slightly different outlook the frustrations would get to me too, I've hated games for less (Bravely Default 2 comes to mind).
>>
>>47013303
playing pokemon games for the story and characters is asinine
this isn't brothers karamazov ffs, it's a children's game with vaguely anime characters who catch monsters, I want to go out into the world, pick my favourites and fuck up other trainers, that's about it
>>
>>47013236
What specific game do you think has the best exploration while avoiding those issues?
>>
>>47013332
lol, I bought like 5 games total last year and none of them were from nintendo
nice projection though
>>
>>47013338
I wouldn't say I hated the game, it just frustrated me deeply. I'd rather a game be totally mediocre or even bad, not flip-flop between greatness and mediocrity. Hearing spurts of that amazing OST between opening hundreds of Blade cores trying to get KOS-MOS just made me angry, and that was before they added the option to let you skip the opening cutscene. I think a lot of my problems stem from being an early adopter, I know a couple of things were changed in patches. Which is great, but doesn't really help my experience.
>Her story is technically about finding her reason to exist
That's all well and good, but when does this actually happen? It's been a while but I can't remember her doing anything of note for almost the entire game. She's there to act like the adult of the group but by the end it feels like she hasn't really done anything or changed at all as a character, other than being a stone cold bitch at the start and finishing the game as slightly less of a stone cold bitch. Also I find it hard to consider unique Blades as "random weapon drops", they're more like party members. They have unique designs, dialogue, sidequests, and skill trees. And locking all of that behind a gacha mechanic that has downright abysmal odds by the time you're only missing a few just plain sucks. At least put in an alternate method of unlocking them. I'm not playing this fucking game to grind cores and test my luck. And yes, by the map I meant the actual minimap and compass, not the world design. That's one of the game's best qualities. I'd want a game to look and sound like XB2, but not play with it or treat its characters in the same way.
>>
>>47012682
This. A good concept that'll go more into Sinnoh lore. I'm in.
>>
File: 1620128923624.png (152 KB, 650x686)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>47012667
After the success of zelda breath of wild everybody want to be zelda because nobody has original idea.

So the only option is left is the copy and paste.
>>
>>47013693
And the best part is, BotW was literally conceived as a modern-day TLoZ on NES.
Everyone is literally copypasting an NES game.
>>
File: GTAV.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>47013693
>After the success of Skyrim everybody want to be WItcher III because nobody has original idea.
>>
File: 1620077615193.png (1.3 MB, 1218x641)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>47013729
Nice try Todd, but I won't buy your game.
>>
>all these poor people trying to act like they won't buy it BecAusE i HavE tAste
Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night fags.
Honestly cannot wait, excited to see what they bring to the table.
>>
>>47013437
>I think a lot of my problems stem from being an early adopter, I know a couple of things were changed in patches. Which is great, but doesn't really help my experience.
You know, that's a problem with a lot of modern games, and while it's nice that they went back and fixed some things I would have preferred if they got it right in the first place.
>That's all well and good, but when does this actually happen?
Aside from her chiming in during a few major cutscenes, it pretty much entirely happens in her scenes with Niall. It's pretty sparse like I said, it's not exactly the games priority. She's mostly there to re-enforce the themes of the game, but it could have been executed a little better.
>Also I find it hard to consider unique Blades as "random weapon drops", they're more like party members.
Understandable, there's a similar complaint people had about Rune Factory 4 that I agree with. You probably shouldn't put major content behind RNG, although we can make a similar argument about some rare Pokedmon in some cases. Thankfully, the game gives you enough tools to play just fine without them, although even then there's a lot of common Blades that are way better than some random rare Blades. With rare Blades there is yet another system the game never explains to help a little to mitigate some RNG, but that barely helps with getting good common Blades which a player could theoretically want to do. Arguably a case of RNG dragging down general combat, similar things have been said about Transformers: Devastation, and while it can be a problem it could also be a non-issue, randomness is like that unfortunately.
>I'd want a game to look and sound like XB2, but not play with it or treat its characters in the same way.
Reasonable, I generally agree with the statement. Although I like Hitomi Sato's compositions the most in Pokemon, so I dunno about the exact soundscape. Of course Little Town Hero was shit musically with her AND Toby Fox.
>>
>>47012667
>I can see the story being 30 hours at most, and then what? There will be nothing to do
You know games used to have endings right? Before developers started catering to ADHD zoomers like yourself, you used to buy a game, beat it, and move on, and nobody had a problem with this.
>>
>botw with a pokemon skin and even more boring and empty

you dug this grave now lie in it
>>
I liked BOTW a lot so really I don’t have much of a problem with Legends aping it if it can properly apply Pokémon mechanics to an open world setting. That’s the real question here I think
>>
>>47012667
>There will be nothing to do, since I doubt game freak knows how to make a compelling world with secrets like BOTW
the only part of your post with a false assumption
gamefreak has been working on this more than they work on an average new GENERATION
the investment was already made, schmuck
>>
>>47013171
Open world games often feel less structured and have less/worse "level design".

They also suffer heavily from padding.
>>
>>47013708
BotW doesn't actually resemble Zelda 1 at all though

The Legend of Zelda (1986):
>plopped onto the world immediately, only "intro" is arguably going through a cave on the very first screen to grab a sword from an old man
>not allowed to access the final boss until beating all nine dungeons, because there's a single old man in the way
>dungeons are full of mandatory challenging combat encounters
>while the dungeon order is looser than most Zeldas, some dungeons are still item gated, or at least require some degree of thought to find
>dungeons increase in difficulty based on level
>you have a single sword that never breaks and gets two straight damage upgrades
>can only hold one potion (red can be used twice) that's relatively expensive
>very well-balanced in terms of difficulty, every heart and upgrade counts
>world is condensed and devoid of busywork filler
>vast majority of the content is mandatory

Breath of the Wild (2017):
>forced to go through an extended tutorial before you're allowed to access the rest of the world
>can run straight to the final boss after completing the Great Plateau, the four divine beasts aren't required and just cut Calamity Ganon's HP in half
>dungeons have almost no combat, all non-boss enemies die in one hit (most combat encounters are optional in general)
>can go to any divine beast in any order, all four are right out in the open and are unlocked by lengthy scripted events
>dungeons have a flat difficulty
>you have many different weapons, all of them break except the Master Sword (which was nerfed to compensate)
>can hold a near endless amount of healing items that are trivial to find/make
>laughably balanced, there's a ton of ways to break the game (armor, food, flurry rush, parries, etc)
>world is incredibly bloated and is full of boilerplate content
>vast majority of the content is optional
>>
>>47012667
Buying it or not we lose anyway. If it fails and we go back to SWSH or if it succeeds and it's shit then we are just back in the shit. If it succeeds and its good, then maybe there is hope but it's GF it will not be good. You'll be funding Masuda's insect addiction no matter what.
>>
>>47015147
>if it succeeds and it's shit then we are just back in the shit.
Oh, this is the motto of the paypigs. LOL
>>
>>47012667
>We know that there are no trainers
NUH UH! My wife Cynthia will be in the game for sure in her beautiful feudal kimono!
>>
>>47014984
This. All we can hope for is that they’ve had a ton of help. They didn’t even announce the director, so maybe it’s someone external. It’s promising that they skipped doing BDSP to work on this.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.