[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Route 1, home.
>>
>>47012536
x and y
homo
>>
>>47012536
based kaloschad
>>
>>47012536
How are you not banned for spam
>>
>>47013080
he's making this thread once a day, how is it spam?
>>
>>47012536
At least it was before I fucked everything up

>>47013080
seething
>>
x and y legitimately has the best selection of early game pokemon (not counting swsh + dlc), and you get into the action right away i like that
>>
Twinleaf Town, home
>>
>>47012536
>no kalos starter in swsh
>no kalos starter in snap2
>no kalos starter in bdsp
>no kalos starter in legends
it’s so unfair kaloschad. why do they always shill shit region like unovass and aloli instead us?
>>
>>47013084
ask the flintposters
>>
>>47014190
this. Route 1 was peak kino of my childhood. So great compared to shit like Poni Canyon.
>>
>>47012536
Was this route supposed to be a technical showcase or a quick joke? Because the accompanying song doesnt even get to loop fully after you easily walk through the path in under 3 seconds flat

And furthermore why didnt they just give it a name? Just "Vaniville Pathway". Why designate it a Route number? Irl maybe some places like this operate in this fashion, just a small trek down the block to the park or shops, but in Pokemon games this has the expectation that its at LEAST a substantial area to begin the game in proper with early game stuff like ledges, NPCs lecturing you and all that.
>>
>>47015200
The fact that it can be either seen as a technical showcase or a quick joke is why it's so soulful. In fact, it could even be an instruction to the player to slow down and enjoy the music, the calm before the storm, the tranquility before you set out on your adventure. These moments are like a Rorschach test to determine what the priorities of the player are, and XY is brimming with these deep elements that can be studiously analyzed, minute details suitable for a ripe exegesis, which is why it's the best game Gamefreak has ever made by far.
>>
>>47014216
how old are you
>>
>>47015558
Old enough, why? All my friends who played XY as kids browse /vp/ now. It's just annoying when we see people praise shit games like USUM instead of noticing the literal perfection that is XY.
I pity you. Imagine growing up with the lowest point of the series in Alola and Galar when REAL kids grew up with BW2 and XY.
>>
>>47015558
XY was 8 years ago. man. Kids that were 10 are now 4chan legal.
>>
>>47012536
The Kalos region is where it all began, fellas!
It's where the pokemon adventure we all come to love became your typical middle school's local sightseeing tour for a science project.
>>
>>47012536
Death to any fucking threads of this nature!
/thread
>>
>>47015662
actually that was unova
>>
File: file.png (194 KB, 400x240)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>47015662
>It's where the pokemon adventure we all come to love became your typical middle school's local sightseeing tour for a science project.
>destroys your narrative in your path
Alolasomes never learn, do they? Your falseflagging in this thread already made that apparent.
Alola will never be a real region. The checkpoints will always be the quantifiable reason for how shit Pokemon has become.
>>
>>47015600
I grew up with 3/4th gen but alright
>>
>>47015600
Pokemon Y was my first physical copy, I started getting into pokemon around 8th grade, and calling it literal perfection is a goddamn lie. I felt the game was too short and easy when I first played through it and nowadays I find it too boring to beat. It could have been perfect if it had better characters, no blatant Kanto pandering, and an actual postgame. I went back and played every mainline gen that came before it and it's nowhere near as good as the games in gens 2-5.
>>
>>47015600
>>47017487
Btw ORAS is unironically better than XY. Shit in ORAS all you want for not being good remakes overall, but that was the best that gen 6 had to offer.
>>
>>47017494
Its to bad they spent their time and resources on ORAS over making XY a better game, making a Z version or XY2.

If they really wanted to do something with Hoenn so badly they should have just made it a sequel over remaking the game.
>>
>>47013883
it also has the best dex out of every game

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.