[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

An individual who communicates with sources close to gamefreak (indirectly) brought info to me, and I will relay the info here. This is preliminary planning they normally do a few years in advance, and it is normally pretty vague.
I will at first tell you nearly exactly what I heard, and then tell you my, less confirmed, take on the presented information.
I am told the gamefreak does not want to use any of the 2021 announced games as replacements for swsh in regards to competitive battle. However, once these new games drop, gamefreak will be milking the success of all three for a long time, meaning swsh, bdsp, and arceus will all at the same time be their flagship games. They want most of 2022 to be more of a breather year, and once Arceus is released in early 2022, new games won’t come for a while. No DLC for bdsp, I am told one small one for arceus but more akin to a small event, they are deciding whether or not to charge money. Gamefreak in the long term is unhappy with the fact that they had to give up part of this year’s release to ILCA, and they will try to refrain from repeating this situation. They are taking a break in order to be able to plan farther in advance.
I am told that generation 9 is aiming for a release at the end of 2023, this is the next game after arceus even though it is 1.5 years after the release of arceus. My interpretation in parentheses: (I am also told that 2024 will have no releases, but they may just mean that DLC will happen for gen 9 in 2024, following a similar schedule to swsh). Even after potential DLC, they still want a breather year in 2025, I’m being told, or a smaller project, (I think if they were to do something in 2025, it would be a small project like let’s go johto or something, don’t count on it). The next release after that is at the end 2026, and this is called project nidorina: nidorina is dex #30, 2026 is 30th anniversary, this game is unova remakes. The project didn’t start yet so no details yet exist.
>>
>>46788342
I am OP, character limits are annoying, I will clarify questions here.
>>
>>46788362
Anon there is no way Nintendo is going to let game freak take a break. They want a game every year.
>>
Anon, Game Freak are the last big Nintendo IP to leave a Nintendo system. Nintendo haven't said anything about a replacement for Switch, even the rumblings abound has the Pro launching first and foremost.
Unless you have proof of a new console coming '23/'24 I just can't believe you. The fandom assumed Gen V was going to be on 3DS then it wasn't, after all.
>>
>>46788386
There's that also. I can see them releasing an extra game in one Gen (not like BDSP/Legends, two games, two years both made by Game Freak) to release Gen X in 2026 and the series' 30th anniversary but they won't take a break as in not release a game for christmas break.
>>
>>46788342
>They want most of 2022 to be more of a breather year, and once Arceus is released in early 2022, new games won’t come for a while. No DLC for bdsp, I am told one small one for arceus but more akin to a small event, they are deciding whether or not to charge money. Gamefreak in the long term is unhappy with the fact that they had to give up part of this year’s release to ILCA, and they will try to refrain from repeating this situation. They are taking a break in order to be able to plan farther in advance.
That's cool. Good for them to be able to rest. I feel like they're rushed along too often.

> The next release after that is at the end 2026, and this is called project nidorina: nidorina is dex #30, 2026 is 30th anniversary, this game is unova remakes. The project didn’t start yet so no details yet exist.
Would be kinda funny if Nidorina actually got bigger emphasis in marketting even against a regional backdrop like Unova. But generally, good for them.
>>
Answers:
>>46788386
They skipped 2020, only dlc happened. the tentative schedule is something every year, maybe not games every year. 2022 is arceus. 2023 would be gen 9. 2024 would be dlc. then and only then one potential breather year, with maybe a small project. then project nidorina.
>>46788390
switch replacement is droppong much, MUCH sooner than you think
>>
>>46788405
christmas 2015 and 202 were empty, looking looking like 2025 won't break trend
>>
>>46788436
2015 and 2020***
>>
>>46788433
>They skipped 2020
No they didn't, they even said themselves in the DLC reveal video the DLC was replacing the rehashes they did in the past (as they knew they wouldn't get away with 'resell the base game with minor changes and new storyline' when the games were $60 a pop.
Thanks for confirming you're full of shit though.
>>
>>46788386
nintendo has plenty to look forward to like bowsers fury and an eventual botw sequel
>>
>>46788444
He talking about christmas, faggot
>>
File: 71hLNiKLk8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (214 KB, 926x1500)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>46788436
>were empty
I assure you, the people late to the party weren't actually late to the party, it's the whole reason they released a physical version after all, get dem christmas sales.
>>
>>46788455
>>46788461
You're as retarded as he is kid. Fuck, this place was crying over this being Game+DLC price like every other Game+DLC bundle gets priced at long enough and you forget they did this? MUCH LESS for the christmas market?
Plank of fucking wood, how thick are you?
>>
>>46788461
then they'll do that for gen 9 dlc i really don't see the problem
I'm talking about a major release, most people bought base game and paid later
>>
>>46788461
this isn't even available everywhere TO THIS DAY
>>
>>46788342
Sun and Moon and USUM were developed together, during 1015, where they launched absolutely nothing, so I could believe that there could be a break year in 2025 before their 30th anniversary. Unova remakes could be big, as they broke formula and remakes might be interesting, maybe even a sequel?
Any info on gen 9 details, like the region?
>>
>>46788515
2015*
>>
>>46788480
And? It was, in time for christmas when it was relevant. They don't want copies hanging around, they only needed them for 3-5 months, to do their job then disappear. I mean, it's not as if they're somehow cheaper than acquiring the game and DLC individually and it means they won't have any their old stock around come time to launch BDSP.
Maybe try and learn how business work, especially with shit like all-in-one reprints of a successful game and DLC from a series that releases new games every year and new Gens every three.
>>
I hope Unova never gets a remake. Diamond and Pearl were done dirty with what we're getting, so Black and White don't deserve it.
>>
>>46788515
They normally send a team to a country secretly, so keep an eye out for that from a leaker. I don't have access to that info though.
>>
>>46788515
They wouldn't be happening till 2028 on this timeframe, Game Freak are never releasing a remake as lead of a new Gen and are unlikely to revisit an already featured area for a new Gen region.
>>
>>46788534
Oh don't worry, BW will get remakes. They will just be even worse.
>>
>>46788534
BW are going to be done in the same engine likely by the same studio.
People monket pawed the LGPE engine for DP remakes, it's obvious the remakes gonna stick to that blocky style while they're finishing the 2D games.
>>
>>46788534
>>46788544
leave opinions out of hear, what's likely?
>>
>>46788544
Funny way to spell 'better', especially as it won't be pixelated to fuck next time out.
>>
>>46788550
OP here, no more ilca games are happening, i'm sure of this
>>
>>46788550
remakes have never used the same strategy twice
>>
>>46788557
You told us they're releasing a remake on the 30th anniversary to start Gen X, you're full of shit kid.
Pokémon will never be your toy again, let the children have it now, like you're supposed to.
>>
>>46788571
no one mentioned gen ten
cope
>>
>>46788567
Remakes used the same engine the new Gen introduced three remakes running kid, BDSP bucking the trend <> not using the same strategy twice. just means Nintendo wanted something to shill Pro with and they reasoned two games in SS style, one after the other was pointless, so picked the more important one to work on (Nintendo wouldn't have ordered this if they didn't want it for that window and Game Freak have said, they want to bring what they developed in this to the core games, mainly level and world design and graphical improvements).
This is the problem with you retards only playing pokémon, you ignore Nintendo and what they're up to as a concern, when you need to know what both are up to to get an idea of what's happening.
>>
>>46788534
>DP were done dirty
Honestly, this no-effort shit is the best possible outcome. If they had tried to fully revamp the graphics in a LGPE-style or make a "full" modern game like SS, it would have been an ugly disaster full of missing places and features.
If anything, this 1:1 copypaste makes me confident that the underground and Mt Coronet will be included. But I'm not interested in playing because just picking up my DS is cheaper.
>>
>>46788579
It's always the ones who can't, who say that. I'm not ignoring the series historically releases on three year cycles (Tajiri scrapped most of Capsule Monsters and re-started the project as Pocket Monters around '93 even, leaving three years till Red/Green's release and then delayed GS for two, leading to another 3 year cycle). I'm not still insisting after fucking YEARS of shilling at kids on a regular time frame, they'll fuck that out, when they don't give a shit what adults think, told them to fuck off when they cried over dexit and sold more copies of the one pair of game since the world as a whole had initially grow tired of this silly pokémon fad.
The machine never stops and you're drooling if you think '26 will have any game, but Gen X - a celebration of the 30 years just gone. A Kanto remake's more likely in that case too, as you and I both know (Kanto Legends sounds about right). No-one gave a shit for Unova first time out but the kids and as remakes come once-a-system, those wee keks can wait for its time to release, like the hoennbabs and sinnohtoddlers had to wait.
>>
>>46788619
graphics and story mirror, meaning if graphics haven't been updated well, that doesn't necessarily mean that story and features will be identical. But we did see underground in the trailer so that's good news. For one, there is an npc only from platinum, as well as porygon-z present in the trailer, so some platinum content will be present. chances are fairy type will be there. they'll always change SOMETHING, for better or worse
>>
I only came here to say what I know. You may believe certain aspects are unlikely, but none of you have "debunked" it or any of that. I cannot reveal evidence because I have to protect my sources, but time will tell. Every real leak has been called gay and fake by this board. But it is what it is. I have to live with the nature of this site's people.
>>
File: 1540711963715.png (213 KB, 600x725)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>46788660
I mean, I know they could cut content despite the graphical fidelity.
But the fact that they're investing no effort on redesigning (first time not even the player characters have a single differing detail) makes me believe they want the whole game to be as identical as possible (also that they won't bring any major feature from platinum).
And being so identical also makes it way easier to reenact almost every feature for little cost while making it harder for them to justify any cuts (other than stuff like the GTS building or the pal park).

>>46788699
>Every real leak has been called gay and fake by this board
And so has every one of the 10 fakes that show up for every eventually true leak.
At least your roadmap is so vague and long-term that any discrepancies can be chalked up to expected changes in strategy.
>>
>>46788342
Okay so let's actually analyze this. Unova is like one big game with the sequel style, games before always had third versions with combined content. Remakes of third versions never happened, but remakes always included something from them. HGSS took the Suicune chasing from crystal, and oras had the delta episode. Unova remakes can't do this, as there are two sets of protags and two stories connected. This would mean that remakes would be complicated for game freak. Most people would just say that they are lazy and only do one, probably version ones, but it is likely that Unova remakes will actually land on the 30th anniversary, because it would be 15 years after black and white initially dropped, and black and white itself were 15 years after red and green originally dropped. Assuming it does land in 2026, they would want to make it big. Either with multiple games like Sinnoh, or one huge game. However, this leak sounds like gamefreak does not want to outsource again. So they are in a tough spot but they are for sure thinking about it and preparing very early to make sure they don't mess it up.
>>
>>46789135
>and oras had the delta episode
That is completely unrelated to anything from emerald though, other than starring rayquaza.
>>
>>46789193
yeah i know but it's something, deoxys event too
RIP the battle frontier
>>
>>46789135
>Remakes of third versions never happened
Legpiss says hi.
>>
>>46789230
yellow was not third, lgpe were not remakes
>>
>>46789216
RIP the battle frontier, and the mirage tower, and catching both legendaries, and the safari zone.
>>
>>46789258
always good content cut out, always weird content replaced in, for better or worse
>>
>>46789135
I think they are lazy on a couple of occasions, but every anniversary they do something.
>>
>>46789238
cope more.
>>
>>46788579
you already did it.
arrest
>>46789375
arrest yourself
>>
>>46788362
Aye OP are they planning to "delay" Arceus for later in 2022? I had the feeling they'd do that to give outsiders a feeling they're caring as much as they feel they should. Also weird seeing gen 5 remakes in gen 9 and not 10
>>
>>46788342
Will BDSP have following pokemon or amity square at the least?
>>
OP back, after talking with the source I have some answers....
>>46791101
I did not. Potential gen 10 would have to be after project nidorina.
>>46791173
expect arceus in march most likely
>>46791389
i asked the sourced about amity square they said "small things like that" will be carrying over elements from platinum so expect the same requirements for it as in platinum.
Walking pokemon are happening.
>>
>>46792205
As in just in amity or in the over world? Cus fuck it, I’d buy it in a heartbeat if it was a feature all the time
>>
>>46792590
Yes, overworld. Like in the originals.
>>
>>46792205
I hope LoA has good singleplayer content since it has no multiplayer
>>
>>46793019
No word on Arceus content except overworld battles, as others have leaked
also "modern" pokemon nonexistent
>>
>>46788448
Pokémon is the world’s most popular media franchise and Nintendo’s CoD in terms of popularity, and with Nintendo having shittier ethics than even Activision, GF are worked like dogs with no extra support given, and because of that we get half-baked shitters like SWSH.
>>
>>46788342
fake and gay show proof
>>
t. my dad works for nintendo
>>
File: Leaks.png (205 KB, 361x581)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>46793249
Not me.
>>46793237
Pic, i can't read this myself but it's the only photo of someone else that I can post right now, without exposing the identity of the source.
Feel free to translate if you have spare time.
>>
>>46788699
based
>>
>>46793364
Any blurrier?
>>
>>46793392
Unfortunately, this is what I was given. My info is not coming directly, it's basically "this person told this person told this person told this person told this person told me". I cannot share anything else yet because it would compromise the source, costing jobs and livelihoods. Yet some people sitting on couches eating mini pizza and scrolling through with their lazy fat thumbs demand proof, but that's simply not possible right now. I'm really only talking about this guy really>>46793237
I share this info not to let people debate its validity, not even so people can discuss. I share this so that people can have a heads up on what's to come. That's what this is about. Believe the info? Cool. Don't believe it? Cool. But don't turn this into a space to say what YOU would want, game freak doesn't know your name. Take my info or leave it. Time will ultimately show. In the meantime, this board is up to its usual activity, which consists of pure blind hatred.
>>
>>46793423
Bro, of course we want info if you have. But there's just nothing you can do. This is 4chan, you know. Let them cope. They'll sweep hell.
>>
Instead of gen 5 remakes they should do black and white 3
>>
>>46793431
It’s just that it took a lot to get this info here, all for a waste. Is there any other platform I can get this info out? Someone please let me know. Should I make an anonymous Twitter account?
>>
>>46793451
OP here, I will say that because nothing is final yet, it could be anything. All I really know is that it’s Unova, the time to take to social media and tell them this is now, I also think Unova deserves a final “threequel”.
>>
>>46788342
Anon, why are you posting such a fake and bait thread, answer me or you just proved my point faggot
>>
OP here, my cousin got ahold of my phone at a party, disregard everything I just said thanks
>>
>>46793510
Feel free to ignore the info and not believe it, forget about it, only to find it’s true years from now and convince yourself that I was lucky with guessing.
>>
>>46793511
Obviously fake, but humorous. Nice try.
>>
>>46793488
Anyone?
>>
>>46793006
No i mean, like, is the following only in amity square or are they able to follow you around everywhere like HGSS?
>>
>>46793959
Yes, the whole game. They are true to the originals in this regard.
>>
>>46793981
God dammit Anon whose uncle works at Nintendo, will the following mechanics be like in HGSS where they follow you everywhere or in the OG Sinnoh games where they only follow you in Amity Square?
>>
>>46793423
then fuck off back to twitter or reddit or somewhere that has idiots retarded enough to care about you playing pretend hackerman
>>
>>46794015
I already said, they will follow you everywhere.
New info: Amity square will be similar to pokemon amie, with exclusive animations for the pokemon that were allowed in amity square specifically from platinum.
>>
>>46794053
Looks like truth doesn't win anyone over.
>>
>>46794069
Big if true.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.