[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: period blood.png (588 KB, 700x200)
588 KB
588 KB PNG
>buffs and improves a shitload of Pokemon, making many of them actually somewhat competitively viable
>even going to the point of introducing new abilities and changing the types of some pokemon
>still keeps megas, and even introduces new megas (which are actually just gigantamax forms turned into megas, which makes it even worse)
What did Radical Red mean by this?
>>
>>46784710
>>still keeps megas,
This alone tells me that the creator has no idea what he's doing and is just mindlessly slapping everything he can think of into the game.
>>
>>46784710
>which are actually just gigantamax forms turned into megas, which makes it even worse
ruins your game

#fuckdynamax
>>
>>46784726
That's kinda true, to a large extent. Some of the changes are pretty ok, imo. Like Meganium getting Triage, or Hypno getting Psychic Surge. But most changes make me wanna rip my balls off
One big example being Mega-Blastoise's Special Attack being nerfed to 125. This is kinda understandable, considering Blastoise also gets Shell Smash in the game, but that missing Special Attack does not get redistributed into a different stat. Leaving it with only a 90+ stat boost, instead of the usual 100+ for every other mega

>>46784727
Trust me, I hate Dynamax just as much. Don't confuse me for those faggots who unironically enjoy "HURR DURR, MAH BRO NOW A BIG SCAWWY KAIJU!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>46784710
But it's literally impossible to play this game without finding 6 OU tier pokemon, catching and then soft resetting if they don't have perfect IVs, EV grinding them, and having the topmost smogon set on them.
Then that dipshit maker of the hack NERFS some of them so after I spend days just to play the game I find out I can't recover with Pex.
How I am Supposed to beat Brock - did anyone even test this game?
>>
>>46784795
I managed to beat Brock in a nuzlocke. Maybe you just suck ass, lmao
>>
>>46784795
>But it's literally impossible to play this game without finding 6 OU tier pokemon
But I beat the game with the team I wanted, going in blind. It sounds like you got filtered.
>>
>>46784710
Is there a Wiki that has every Pokemon in Radical Red's stats/move/abilities changes?
>>
>>46784834
They have documentation on the same page you get the game from.
>>
>>46784710
The new stuff is cool but ev grinding is a turn off
>>
>>46784846
There are 6 EV hotspots across the region that maximize the corresponding stat in 1 battle. It's a breeze to EV train.
>>
>>46784834
https://www.gbahacks.com/2020/08/radical-red.html?m=1

This link has a Google Docs with tons of things like changes to stats/evolution methods, locations for items, movesets, and locations for every Pokémon
>>
>>46784841
>>46784878
Thanks infofriends. Wow. I like the changes I'm seeing, I may have to actually try this game out.
>>
>>46784710
I used this same banner/image when I made my thread
>>
>>46784795
You can beat this game with shit like the elemental monkeys and Magcargo
Consider killing yourself, life itself sounds like too much of a challenge for you
>>
>>46784914
Shame many of the changes the developers of this romhack made to the Pokemon suck shitballs from a walrus's hairy anushole
>>
>>46785174
Which changes in particular are you referring to? I just skimmed the list so I can't tell if your baiting or not.
>>
>>46785200
He's clearly an underage that got filtered judging by his choice of language.
>>
>>46784914
I’m still debating on trying it out but I hope you have a fun time if you do anon
>>
Oh is this where all the Radical Red defenders ran to after getting their assholes demolished in the last thread?
>>
>>46785399
As someone who beat the game early this year, it's the best Pokemon game I've ever played, but it's also the hardest. I'm a compfag that used a team of favorites strategically for my run. The difficulty ramps up a lot toward the end, so the game isn't for the faint of heart, you'll get filtered. But you have so many tools at your disposal, beyond any other Pokemon game, so you can make nearly any team composition you want if your team of choice wasn't cutting it.
Alternatively, you can spoil the game for yourself so that you'll have prep time to know what you need to be able to beat down the road. I didn't know what I was getting into as they popped up.
>>
>>46785453
lmao fucking what this game is easy and was designed by a fucking loser. It has required no thought at all. I also didn't spoil it for myself, and the only time the game was difficult was early on when my options were limited.
>>
File: 1617577432755.png (88 KB, 165x266)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>/vp/ still seethes about RR months later
lol
>>
>>46785453
>the greatest Pokémon game
Radical Red is soulless garbage
>>
>>46785453
Wouldn’t call it the best or hardest even from a hack perspective personally as someone who loves to cheese hacks like these
>>
>>46785461
You sound like you've got an axe to grind so you're lying to paint a bad picture for your agenda. No reasonable person would go out of their way to play a game designed by someone they call a loser.
>>46785480
List all the things you think are soulful.
>>
>>46785174
>suck shitballs from a walrus's hairy anushole
I didn't know Wesley Willis posted here
>>
>>46785499
>as someone who loves to cheese hacks like these
If you're implying you're all about exploiting AI predictability then that's a different story entirely. Anyone can get through a challenge using Trap + Truant Entrainment and similar cheeses.
>>
>>46785507
>You sound like you've got an axe to grind so you're lying to paint a bad picture for your agenda. No reasonable person would go out of their way to play a game designed by someone they call a loser.

>>46777848

Has literally run roughshod through the game and mocked it the entire time for being mindless and boring. Are you claiming they're lying for internet points, or perhaps, the game you think is so hard and well designed... isn't.
>>
>>46785522
Not something like Double Team, Perish Trap, or toxic stall. Something like how Totem Wishiwashi in SM is completely walled by Paras type of cheese
>>
>Thanks for playing my hack, <player>, even if you didn't enjoy it.
>"Gee, how did you know."
>>
>>46785525
>Has literally run roughshod through the game and mocked it the entire time for being mindless and boring. Are you claiming they're lying for internet points, or perhaps, the game you think is so hard and well designed... isn't.
I looked through the thread, and they have not hit the hard part I was talking about >>46785453 "toward the end" yet.
>>
>>46785525
that dude is hacking and counter teaming. No shit the game is easy under those conditions. If this game isn't hard to you then no pokemon game that's not filled with rng bullshit will be hard to you

>>46779691
that box alone costs 1400K and he has it before even fighting sabrina which isn't possible without grinding nuggets or cheating outright
>>
>>46785538
>Something like how Totem Wishiwashi in SM is completely walled by Paras type of cheese
I'm not understanding, are you saying you're looking at the sets ahead of time and getting counters ready to minimize their bite?
>>
>>46785571
LMAO I'm not hacking or counter-teaming, surprise getting nuggets is fucking easy with Dexnav and thief.

The game just sucks, but do tell me how my team of 3-5 at any time fire types is definitely counter teaming the dragon type gym leader. I really wanna know.

>>46785557
Oh good, so I only have to beat 90% of the game to get to the actual difficulty.
>>
>>46785571
Oh wow, that guy's really toxic then if he made a thread just to belittle the game by hacking and boasting. That's pretty funny he exposed himself with the box.
>>
>>46785557
He won't hit the "hard" part because he is using 4 OU Mons, some of which are viable in Ubers, and 2 mons buffed in RR.
He's just stat checking the AI, losing some fights that his team can't crush due to match up/numerical advantage, then coming back and going "now that I know exactly what the AI would do it was easy!"

What Pokemon game isn't easy when the AI has no unanswerable advantage, especially if you have knowledge of their team?
>>
>>46785576
Sometimes. Either I’ll look at their teams and find a niche strategy that blows them away or do a trial run to see what their team is about.
>>
>>46785571

>>46780647
>>46785509
His team is consistently the same 3/6 party members, though?
>>
>>46785593
No, I just farmed nuggets, I did not hack, or look ahead. the most "looking ahead" I've ever done is "Item Name Radical Red" to find out where I get it.

>>46785602
That's not what's happening, but feel free to tell yourself that's what's happening to make yourself feel better.

This hack is easy as shit and you're just revealing how much you suck at it to think it is hard.

I'm actually shocked, because you guys were going on all about how everything is reasonable and fair, so the fact I'm crushing it should be a sign of that, right? Not at all a sign that you're actually just shit.

But yeah my staraptor that carried the entire front half and my Infernape the back definitely the pokemon who qualify as OU to Ubers. Also Coalossal has been the weakest party member, who basically exists to set rocks and die. Gliscor is OU, I'll give you that and Zard X is buster, he sure is, Gengar is always good... but in this case you're complaing that I'm using good pokemon that are readily available without even a money investment. Are you complaining I'm using Gengar and my STARTER?!
>>
>>46785627
Also, if Infernape has been buffed, I don't know how, because I didn't look at any of the documentation.
>>
>>46785613
The fact that he's using a revolving 6 team set of maxed level mons instead of a single team is a huge self-expose that he's scouting.
>>
>>46785627
If it's so easy you wouldn't have had to use all those Smogonmons as a crutch lmao
>>
>>46785591
>>46785613
>>46785627
you have a team full of 3-4 generally very good mons and switch out for type matchups. Just glancing through the other thread it's raptor did heavy lifting for erika and morty, then you switched to gyara vs the shit it could setup against like mega swampert, ferro vs misty, etc. You are definitely proving that you can blow through the game when you grind for money, run a handful of very good mon, and toss in a couple of counters per matchup
>>
File: hCapture.png (41 KB, 715x530)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>46785627
Unbound on Insane and RR are easy to anyone who has played against humans or is willing to explore move sets a little.
I refuse to use boosting moves or weather, I don't toxic stall, and I'm crushing the game the same as you and I don't have perfect EVs/IVs for every mon's stats either.
Look at how low my Venu, Coal, and Copper's HP are.
I have Golisopod wrecks the game too.
>>
Radical red sucks. Just play Dray's hacks for a well balanced difficulty. RR is tryhard as fuck
>>
>>46785680
No one is falling for your samefag. You need to get a life if this is how you get your kicks.
>>
>>46785642
Wait hold on the fuck is this logic. "He's definitely scouting because in a game where you can pay 10000 to fight a scaled Audino trainer with nothing but memento in Lavender Town, and you can use DexNav on wild Audino's to level. He's using multiple max level pokemon."

>>46785648
I've used pokemon I like, over the course of the game I've used Hitmontop, Cinderace, Staraptor, Mienshao, Flygon, Gyarados, Empoleon temporarily, Gloom, Magmar (never used it to evolve to Mortar), Amapharos, Nidorino, Indeedee, Mamoswine, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Luxray, Bronzong, Delphox, Galvantula, Emboar, Obstagoon, Hitmonlee, Incineroar, Excadrill, Donphan, Mightyena, Pallosand and Cutiefly

Along with my current team of Infernape, Charizard X, Coalossal who I'm probably gonna replaced, Gliscor, Gengar, and Greninja.

I have used a wide variety of Pokemon, which apparently you feel is proof that I'm cheating because how could ANYONE use more than 6 Pokemon?

And, yeah, I swapped in Ferrothorn to do the Misty Refight, are you complaining I chose to use a good pokemon in a fight where it would be good? It's not my fucking fault the AI went retarded and continuously flip-turned into the sweepers that could kill it as I was using Wide Lens to increase the hitchance of Power Whip.

I know this hard to believe... but swapping pokemon isn't hard. The game offers many services to quickly level up, money is basically infinite because after Meowth you can farm Pelipper Lucky Eggs. I don't read ahead, because and I must stress this I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO GO TO DO THAT!

And again, isn't this something you should be happy about? Should the fact that I'm having an easy go of it, support your statements that the game is well balanced and any complaining about needing to grind max EV's to stand a chance is just complaining?

Shouldn't you be happy I'm destroying it?
>>
File: bWGz0AS.png (419 KB, 2473x1178)
419 KB
419 KB PNG
>>46785695
RR cultists so fucking blown out by the fact multiple people could find their shit game easy.
>>
>>46785699
Boy you're dumber than I could have imagined. You caught yourself in a lie. So not only are you pathetic for orchestrating this scout brag, but you're stupid too for just confirming that you did.
>>
>>46785733
What? Do you... not know how to read things? there is a You there, for the Infernape comment. And not one for the comment you quoted. There is a solid red line for the response and dotted line, for my own posts...

This is the brain power of Radical Red Cultists everyone. They can't even fucking read.
>>
>>46785699
>>46785718
Most people I see whining are the ones that complain that you have to use top tier mons with perfect IVs and EV train.
They get mad when people insult them and say you don't need to do any of those things.

Now you come and stomp the game and make a big deal about how it's poorly designed because it's easy when you use your brain a little (and Top Tier mons with IVs/EVs when using the brain is a too much of a hassle).
What are proving that we don't already know?
>>
>>46785762
Another samefag. Man this is pathetic.
>>
>People ITT saying "OF COURSE IT'S BRAINLESS IF YOU USE GOOD POKEMON, YOU JUST HAVE TO USE SHITTIER ONES"
How is that any different from the mainline games? Why should you go ahead and limit yourself because the creator can't make a balanced difficulty curve?
>>
>>46785757
Try rereading your posts ITT and you'll see where you messed up. I will tell every thread you try to push it to that you're a confirmed liar.
>>
>>46785680
>>46785762
(me)

>>46785718
>>46785699
The guy pretending that stomping RR with OUs finest + buffed UU mons is a big deal.
Or that beating the an AI opponent on an equal playing field means anything...
>>
>>46785787
So yeah, you can't read and are trying to deny reality.
>>
File: nYwIzew.png (69 KB, 1527x443)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>46785798
>>
>>46785799
Have fun wasting your time in the future. You'd better hope your threads don't bump long enough for me to catch them and spoil the fun.
>>
>>46785811
Holy shit this is literally the mindset of someone who things RR is hard.
>>
>>46785808
Well there you go, congrats having an IQ that is probably at least in the 90s, just like everyone else that finds EVERY Pokemon game easy unless the AI has an advantage that player cannot answer by simply swapping a few moves or a few mons at worse.
Which basically none of them do.
>>
>>46785857
I'm very proud of it. The hardest challenge was having Sabrina be doubles, because Doubles is inherently more complex and challenging and if Radical Red wanted to be difficult, then all gyms and trainers would be doubles.
>>
>>46785872
Not him, but I found Sabrina to be one of the easier fights in the game because her team is kinda shit for how far you are in the game.
>>
>>46785680
Pretty much this. RR is a good rom because it allows freedom in a decently difficult game. It isn't the hardest rom ever, that can go to a kaizo game. But it surely is a fun experience. Really refreshing to play and with a load of replayability.
People who complain about RR because it's easy are just missing the point, everything is easy when you know what is ahead. And those who say the game is too hard have yet to explore what options were avaliable. If elemental monkeys are good then all mons should be good.
>>
>>46786017
I keep seeing Kaizo mentioned, what the hell does that game(s) do that Unbound Insane (which literally cheats and gives the AI very much needed advantages for gym/bosses) or RR doesn't do?
>>
>>46786017
Eh I disagree. The concept of it is nice but a lot of it feels poorly thought out
>>
>>46786106
>encounter rates for mons is massively lowered, meaning it'll take you minutes of running through grass to find an encounter
>all boosting moves are removed(for you). No SD, no DD, no CM, nothing.
>Gym Leaders and E4 have massively stacked teams, with a lot of them having legendaries.
And plenty more.
>>
>>46786106
It removes EVs from both player and AI, and makes most moves 100%. Then it builds very strong teams for them. Notably, Emerald Kaizo DOESN'T cheat. If you bring out a Volt Absorber, it wont know until it hits with an electric move, and if you switch out, it forgets it.

>>46786146
Also these things. And moves like Superpower have been changed to Recoil moves.
>>
>>46784726
Fpbp>>46784710
>>
>>46786122
That's just it, RR is fun if you care that you have to put the slightest thought into what you're doing, it forces you to stay within a certain level range, and encourages swapping mons constantly to not waste EXP.
If you're stubborn and want to use really bad sets/prevos or if
you refuse to change even when an AI boss just hard counters your team then you might enjoy puzzling out a victory or two before you get back to smooth sailing.

Most other Pokemon games/hacks are just choose whatever 6, it doesn't matter, use whatever moves, and it's up to you not to be facing level 20 gym leaders with level 30+ mons even with EXP share off and keeping your 6 at the same level.
Fun if you enjoy pressing A and reading fan fiction. >>46786146
>>46786154
So it's Unbound INSANE and RR, but the AI doesn't read your inputs.
You can already choose not to use boosting moves, but I can see the value in removing them.
Removing EVs is nice though, it's fine when the AI has them but it's pointless when the Player can have them too.
>>
>>46786239
>That's just it, RR is fun if you care that you have to put the slightest thought into what you're doing, it forces you to stay within a certain level range, and encourages swapping mons constantly to not waste EXP.
No, it doesn't, it caps you and grinding past that cap is basically impossible. You lose so much EXP being at the cap, that levelling past it is nonsense.
>>
>>46786247
So you agree with what I said?
That the game encourages you to swap members or you'll waste exp.
>>
>>46786284
No. Because experience is trivial to get. In fact, the opposite. There's no reason to do trainer battles, because there are Audino's north of Cerulean, and that'll level you until you get access to Lavender Town, where a trainer with 6 audino's all knowing Memento will fight you for 10000.

That will level up everyone. Why the fuck would you "Waste Experience" it's literally everywhere.
>>
>>46786287
That's one way to look at it, that no trainer other than a boss is worth encountering.
I don't fight any random battles and use repels all the time, but I do like to pretend random trainers are worth checking out.

But if I was being fatalistic then, yes, there is no point in fighting anything at all unless I'm forced to, because I can go fight the same thing over and over for better EXP gains.
>>
>>46784710
>What did Radical Red mean by this?
It means that Radical Red actaully cares about Pokemon. While Lame Freak only cares about its shills.
>>
>>46786332
I mean that's not being fatalistic, it's being sane. If you have all the pokemon in the area, why fight random ones, if you have max level pokemon, why fight trainers unless you have to? If you have the choice between being at the cap or not, why would you not be at the cap.

In fact in creating a cap, Rad Red did the opposite of what it intended, since I would auto go and level to the cap, because it's the cap. If I'm below it, I run risks, so go be at it. You can't force level limits like that. Because it removes all the strategy of distributing EXP and planning. And just makes it "Ram the cap because there's no risk of going over."

And the opposite problem is Reborn, which has a cap and your pokemon disobey if over it and you need to use common candies to get back down, which just makes it annoying. There's a reason self-imposed challenges are self-imposed. Because usually the ruleset existing is unable to flex the way a player can.
>>
>>46786239
I used the same 6 I had by Misty throughout the entire game and didn’t have any major issues. I was majorly disappointed with what many considered to be the hardest Pokémon game
>>
>>46786348
Not him, but maybe the strategy for caps should be something like:
>there's a cap, but trainers scale to your level
>if you get too close to the cap, trainers become massively stronger
>maps are rearranged so that several trainers are mandatory
I see the value in "EXP planning" but I think the problem of players just mashing A to overcome fights is equally if not moreso problematic. If you want to make a hard game, you don't want an easy out to be had.
>And the opposite problem is Reborn
Reborn's using the hard cap system in its final update
>>
>>46786348
Being under the cap has no risk because the game scales with your highest mon (Might be thinking of clover and Unbound though). Having a mon two or three levels below your highest (or the boss trainer) isn't a big deal either, but even if it was you can just fight a few trainers or farm Audinos like you prefer.

>Because it removes all the strategy of distributing EXP and planning. And just makes it "Ram the cap because there's no risk of going over."
This point is stupid, there is never any risk in "going over" it's an RPG - "going over" just means you're stronger.
I guess some hacks Punish you for "going over", but how hard is it just to go put something in a box? It's just a hassle in the same way that non-over-leveling in the main games can be a hassle.
>>
File: Ursaring vs Houndoom.jpg (84 KB, 1024x724)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
Ursaring (and the other bears except for Urshifu) get a new ability.

Maul: Every moves drop it's secondary effect (similar to Sheer Force) and replaces it's secondary effect with Rages secondary effect.
>>
So question. Do you get healed between E4 fights. They heal between boss fights, to stop "exploits" but do they heal between E4 members?
>>
>>46786711
Yeah. After every E4 member they ask if you'd like them to heal your team.
>>
>>46786711
What exploits are there?
>>
>>46786820
Burning a Guts pokemon before the battle so it starts with Guts boost. Starting a pokemon at 1 HP so it can hit reversal indiscriminately. Starting with a pokemon at purposeful HP digits to bait a specific attack.
>>
>>46784710
im looking over the google docs and so far the main complaint i have is basically every DynaMega has a higher speed stat. this dude really expects me to believe a mountain moves faster than a train ogre. ok
>>
>>46786883
He knows pokemon competitive from Smogon, so speed=always better
>>
>>46786889
So I've gathered. I'll admit the Mountaineer thing is fitting for centiskorch even if it cribs the ability name from a CAPmon
>>
So the Elite 4 each has 2 teams, they all run ubers. So it's basically impossible to build a team to 'counter' them. But you do need to build a team that has cohesive synergy. Also, Lorelei goes Doubles but everyone else is singles.
>>
>>46786938
Yeah, and Lance's Primal Dialga is basically just cheating. If he didn't basically spam roar you wouldn't be able to beat it.
>>
File: C9tWV55.png (18 KB, 993x685)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Forgot to screen shot kicking Blue's ass but... Blue's ass was kicked. I decided to bring in Zangoose because fuck it, I like Zangoose, you can debate in your head what secret cheese I have it for but legit, I just like Zangoose. I probably will have to actually think about my team for the Elite 4, but until then let the good times roll.
>>
ITT: Assblasted Radical Red players because... Their romgqck is being beat.
Lmao
>>
File: 0bzDMDO.png (11 KB, 993x685)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>46787043
And there goes Brendan. Lead with Deoxys. I basically sacced Gengar to set up the revenge kill with Infernape. He goes into Lando Genie, I coulda played better, I went into Staraptor, U-turned and he swapped rock slided, it didn't kill because Staraptor is God, swapped to Greninja, used Ice Beam into Huntail, who is now Dark Type which isn't fun, I could have just ice beamed again and then Shuriken'd for the win because he shell smashes, I didn't, I'm dumb that cost me Zangoose and Staraptor for the fight, I go back into Greninja who gets the kill, Gren is outsped and killed by Jirachi where upon Infernape doing what Infernape does swept through Jirachi, Lando and I literally forgot the other Pokemon because it was alive just long enough for Infernape to go to the Double KO with Flare Blitz. Down to the one on one. Mega Scept vs Mega Zard X. Dragon Claw cleans up and that is the last Brendan fight.

I probably will wind up having to drop Zangoose, because he's just not fast enough. And I think I want a tank and also a grass type even though Gengar hits Water with Energy Ball.

But he's sticking with the team for now.
>>
>>46787043
I love you, Radical Red anon, keep this up.
>>
File: 5N6SFZO.png (19 KB, 993x685)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>46787108
Okay, we need to talk about this. The first two trainers in Victory Road, have 5 mon teams with a mage. The very next floor, you throw a level 80 MACHOKE at me. What is this schizophrenic trainer building? first floor this, then this fucker who dies to three brave birds, then I run into a juggler with ONE Mr. Mime. Not Mr. Rime! What is Pacing?
>>
>RR is easy
>only uses top tier pokemon
lel
>>
>>46787146
>I'M NOT COPING, YOU ARE COPING
>>
>>46787146
>Hey bro your opponents use legendaries but you can’t use strong Pokémon because some autist wants you to use quirky shitmons for online brownie points
>What do you mean the difficulty hack should account for any Pokémon? Are you implying a hack isn’t difficult if using a couple of Pokémon makes it easy?!
Lol
>>
>>46787146
>game is absurdly easy when using the best options available, many of which the opponents use as well
>this is somehow good balance
Why can barely anyone who touches a Pokemon game actually design a decent difficulty curve to save their lives?
>>
>>46787146
>T-the game is hard i-if you u-use shitmon
Like someone said in this thread, how is that any different from the piss easy mainline games? I could use a Kricketune in Gen 4 and have a hard time there too.
>>
>>46787158
>>46787176
>>46787180
>>46787186
filtered samefag now cheering on some infinite money fag lmao
>>
File: 1591910063522.png (6 KB, 467x126)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>46787196
>MUH SAMEFAG
kill yourself
>>
File: ulMWyhe.png (22 KB, 993x685)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>46787143
And we've hit self-insert.
>>
>>46787199
So this is the power of cope...
>>
>>46787205
>soupercell
More like souper incell, lmao
>>
>>46787205
His team was... fuckin Explosion Gigalith and 5 Shedinja. That sure was a joke fight. He gives you Metagrossite which I'm not using because that doesn't make a dragon.
>>
File: file.png (169 KB, 800x857)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>46787196
>>
>filtered
>blasting through the game with ease
huh?
>>
>>46786122
Anon that (You) answered here. No harm no foul, disagree all you want man. I just want people to enjoy variety with quality for once. I mean GF says they care for all pokemon but their history says otherwise. RR gave me the option of using all my bros and find out some other mons to like. Only issue is that one of my bros is a box legend but that's ok, he can watch for once.
>>
File: 7jFoHjd.png (11 KB, 993x685)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>46787217
This is literally the game going "Exploit the AI." I mean. I don't know what you want me to say. The game's literally going "Yeah, it's broken as shit, but fuck it exploit the game."

>>46787196
I did not use infinite money, I used farming Meowths for Nuggets followed by farming Lucky Eggs. What you are mistaking for cheating, is the fact the game gives you options for infinite money. Alongside raids giving nuggets and plenty of other things. Those alongside the Amulet Coin, and pick up being absurd all handled my money issues.
>>
>>46787196
I don't like difficulty hacks, to be honest, but watching someone else easily beating a game and cheering him is peak gamer culture. Just kickback and relax, anon, it's not like he's attacking your work, now, is it?
>>
File: bPduAi8.png (16 KB, 993x685)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>46787241
>Using emulator speed up to skip the grind

You might as well have been using an infinite money cheat.
>>
>>46787240
Based reasonable anon
>>
>>46787251
>I'm a cuck so you should, too.
>>
File: dSg4K6e.png (14 KB, 993x685)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>46787251
Oh no, how can I possibly afford everything in the game when the game literally gives free money.
>>
>>46787250
>apply CFRU (someone elses work) and copy paste teams you found online
>work
>>
so the dev is definitely ITT right? Why else would someone so fervently decry the detractors of it as playing foul when they have 0 proof of it outside of said detractors rightfully claiming the game was easy?
>>
>>46787267
Again, I'm not gonna get into that because my technical skills are non-existent. I'm here to enjoy some good Pokémon plays, and anon is delivering. Eager to see him tackle the E4 and the champ
>>
>>46787276
no, I'm not ITT
>>
File: ekrxVHl.png (15 KB, 993x685)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>46787265
It's not like Lucky Eggs are literally carried on Pelipper that can be sold for 10k each.

Seriously, this game would maybe be interesting if money was actually limited, like... but that'd require really thoughtful balance on the part of the creator and this one doesn't have that.

Any way that I've shown you all how you make money in this terrible game... we need to build for the Elite 4.

So, I'm bringing Infernape, Staraptor and Charizard, they are my boys, I don't care if Charizard and Infernape cross cover a type, I really like the, deal with it.

So that leaves our remaining 3. So, since I know they all have Ubers, Lorelei has 3 options here, a Kyurem Form, which I would be a fan of but I doubt. Calyrex, who I also doubt, or the boring option which is Primal Kyogre, I'm going to assume the boring option.

Bruno is easier, because bluntly I already saw it's Zacien from a youtube thumbnail. I think I can still handle it though. Choice Scarf Flare Blitz Infernape is like a 40% chance to just fucking kill it? Failing that I'll have a priority move for standby.

So Agatha will have either Spectrier, Calyrex, or Giratina. I'd put money on Giratina. Though Shadow Caly is 150 base speed, which I can't see them resisting an impossible to reach speed tier. So we should bring Gengar, Choice Scarf Timid Gengar outspeeds unless it's also Choice Scarf. In which case I'm fucked.

Lance, I'm also spoiled on, he has Primal Dialga. It has no weaknesses, it tends to roar constantly, so it's basically hitting a wall unless it sees a kill in which case it will go and do it. It's absurdly bulky AFAIK So... there's a good chance I just can't kill it without sacrifice, which is fine, this ain't no nuzlocke, I'm here to win.

And them I just gonna fuckin' assume that all of Blue's pokemon are Ubers.
>>
File: dIz80CH.png (13 KB, 993x685)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>46787351
So a basic bitch build would be like... The three I listed, Lando-T, Venusaur, go Zard Y for the Drought, Rillaboom for Terrain? I mean it's basic as fuck but... it sure would win, probably.

Also, last thing on money, you can exchange yellow shards for Pikachus and every one of them comes with Happy Hour.
>>
Oh boy, this thread again
>>
>I think that this game is like really cool for like a casual playthrough. But playing optimally like on a Nuzlocke? That's not hard. That's annoying.
>>
How hard did the dev seeth when that PC guy finished his nuzlocke run?
>>
>tell others to git gud when they say the game is BS
>say that their git gud doesn't count because they used the options available to them
At last I truly see
>>
>>46787547
It's the same kind of people as the shooter-playing boomers with Doom. "Doesn't count you have to play in Nightmare., "Doesn't count, you used the mouse (even if Wolfenstein 3D allowed for mouse control, and so did Doom)", "Doesn't count, you have to pistol start and not use the save function"
Then they get their asses kicked bon Sigil because that game is made with all those tools in mind, but oh well.
>>
>>46787547
>>46787565
>the game's not hard if I just grind and use high tier mons with a few counterpicks
I mean at this point you might as well say no game is hard unless it throws a bunch of rng bs at you. Not sure what kind of point you're trying to make
>>
File: SOGM6OR.png (13 KB, 993x685)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>46787386
I decided that I would go for old tried and true favourites, Infernape, Charizard, Gengar, Galvantula, Greninja and Staraptor.

Lorelei rolled her water team for me, which was fine I lead with Zard Y and Galvantula, Galv layed down the sticky web and Zard got rid of Politoed's rain. With their speed nerfed, it was a quick clean up for Infernape's Thunder Punch and Gengar's Energy Ball. I won't deny getting exceptionally lucky, I was not building for doubles, and I did hard-reset out the moment I saw the weather. So technically I have 1 loss here.

One down.
>>
>>46787579
>Grinding with a level cap.
>No legendaries on the team
>Against Ubers.

I think you're allowed to use OU in Ubers? Can anyone else confirm? OU in Ubers is fine?
>>
>>46787547
what is a truly difficult pokemon game then? If you use optimal stuff it's never going to be difficult
>>
>>46787579
>No, no. You can't use the tools the gam gives you. You should cut your own legs.
Man, it doesn't excuse the games, it won't excuse the RomHack. If taking the tools away from the player, like he did with Corviknight, doesn't make the game harder, it's time to admire he just doesn't know how to create a higher level of challenge.
>>
>>46787612
But anon here is not using optimal stuff. He didn't even check the documentation.
>>
File: eBcCXJH.png (11 KB, 993x685)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>46787603
Infernape once more proving that the best strategy is "Throw a fucking angry monkey at the problem and let it sort itself out." That said, my strategy hard revolves around Galvantula setting Sticky Web to gain speed control. But... this is singles, so I didn't have anything to worry about. With halved speeds, it was a simple matter to kill Zacien, Urshifu, Mega Lucario, Conkledurr, Scizor and Terrakion, because again. Throw a fucking angry monkey at it.

Two down by the way.
>>
>>46787628
>Zacian, Urshifu and MLucario on the same team
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>46787621
most of the pokemon are OU or top in UU
the dev being lazy means he barely changed them so these pokemon should be very good in radical red aswell
the same about the strength of pokemon could said for many non fakemon games
>>
File: VjUrprP.png (12 KB, 993x685)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>46787628
Now, I wont lie, this one did get close, and I did get lucky, because I used Choice Scarf to get in front of the Zoroark's taunt.

But once web was down, can you guess how this went? I have a fucking Gengar, this is a ghost team, I was surprised to see solo Spectrier as the Uber, but I'm cool with it. Mega Gengar got humiliated again by Staraptor, because as we've learned, Psychotic Bird type trumps Clefable Demon.

Greninja cleaned up. I'm glad I left Water Shuriken on because... fuuuck Marshadow and FUCK Focus Sash's.

Three down.
>>
>ITT 32 grown men playing a hack of a literal kids game talking about a difficulty curve
You all should take a step back and look at yourselves lol this is honestly so cringe and pathetic
>>
File: RtlygJc.png (9 KB, 993x685)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>46787657
Primal Dialga is a beast. It has Prisim Armor and an absurd defense stat. Nothing can one shot it. It tore my team to fucking shreds... But as we've established, I hope, ANGRY MONKEY BEATS DRAGONS! Lance lead with Aerodactyl, and I tricked his ass by not scarfing Galvantula, and in fact, not Sticky Webbing, Instead, I volt switched out to Greninja who Ice Beamed, now, I just wanted to get rid of the taunter, but fuckin' swapping out to Dragonite and getting wiped out, I'll take it. With no rocks up, I could switch with impunity, and I was able to get web down in time for the finale. I did have to sacrifice Staraptor for a switch, but... again, this isn't a Nuzlocke. In the end, Zard X and Infernape were enough to rip Primal Dialga's asshole inside out.

AND. THAT. MAKES. FUCKING. FOUR!
>>
File: 1613829806976.png (936 KB, 644x644)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>46787687
>>
>>46787687
By your logic, you're number 33.
>>
File: tUiEOWz.png (14 KB, 993x685)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>46787688
Blue's team is a fucking nightmare. It is Phermosa, going into Eternatus, with Mega Metagross, Yveltal, Galar-Darmantian and Primal Groudon. He is a fucking bastard, he'll swap on you, he'll read your moveset even if you haven't shown certain moves, he's utterly designed to shit on anyone who ever complained this game wasn't "Hard".
>>
File: ZIFKHzP.png (9 KB, 993x685)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>46787725
CA-CAW MOTHER FUCKER.

AND THAT'S THE CHAMPION DOWN.

Don't worry Radical Red fans, It only took me, almost a day to beat "The Hardest Rom Hack Ever" I know, I'm literally sweating, I was so focused on this difficult challenge, that I spent most of the day shitposting. And then remembered I should probably finish tonight.
>>
>>46787734
Could you detail us how did you beat him?
>>
File: YcPRD9L.png (23 KB, 993x685)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>46787734
And finally, let's look over this team.

According to Smogon, Staraptor sits in UUBL, Which means it's not good enough to hang with the big boys, but it's too big for the kiddie pool. The Staraptor, knowing only death and destruction, doesn't give a fuck what Smogon thinks and kills Ubers anyway.

Infernape sits comfortably in UU, It's a damn good mon, but we're only interested in how our angry monkey can kill gods and boy, does it kill gods. I should have kept a tally of Infernape kills but I was too busy beating the game like a red headed stepchild. So you know, game mirrors its creator in that case.

Galvantula, our pinch hitter, sit firmly in RU, and you may argue that there are many better choices, Galvantula is not fast enough, it isn't strong enough, all it has is Sticky Web. It does indeed, only have Sticky Web, but that's all you really need. As it turns out, when the opposing team is running max speed everything, then halving that speed tends to leave them easy pickings, I literally could not have done this without my spider buddy.

IS THAT A HECKIN CHARIZARD? It is, because I know the memes, and I know how overplayed it is... but fuck it, still a fuckin' fire dragon, still my buddy, has been since Yellow. He has to use Char Y for the first fight, but the rest of them he served as a perfect clean up sweeper, I probably could have built him better, but I'm pretty shit at the game DESU.

Gengar's an Uber! An Uber damn it! What? Only with Mega? The Mega I never used or even knew where the Mega Stone was? IRRELEVANT GENGAR IS UBER DAMN IT! Gengar sits in UU without its mega, but fuck it, Gengar's still strong as fuck, turns out being fast, with good coverage, is a good answer to Uber bullshit.

Greninja is Ubers though, right, definitely Ubers? Come on it's in Ubers I see it on Smogon it's IN UBERS! Greninja in Ubers uses Spikes and Taunt, neither of which I use on my Grenny.

>>46787757
Can do!
>>
>competitive
>rom hack
>>
Im still pissed that the fucker who designed this romhack pushed getting a corviknight until the 60s because muh balance what a fucking hack
>>
File: images (6).jpg (24 KB, 500x336)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>46787734
Great job dude, congratulations! I loved reading your playthrough. It makes me wish /vp/ had playthroughs like this more often. I hope the RR dev isn't too butthurt haha
>>
>>46787760
>As it turns out, when the opposing team is running max speed everything, then halving that speed tends to leave them easy pickings
kek is there no boss that deals with entry hazards? had a similiar experience with trick room
>>
>>46787807
>>46787760
Do you think they will remove Sticky Web from the game?
>>
Why is there so much uncontrollable seething over whether RR is difficult or not? You fags didn't do this for Kaizo, Impossible Crystal, or any one of the other countless difficulty hacks, what happened here? Did the creator's one line making fun of shit players trigger that many manchildren?
>>
>>46787815
I guess it's because the fans of RR spent the last thread boasting how hard and tough the hack is.
And it is, don't get me wrong, at least for the average player, but someone was bound to get fed up and steamroll the game.
>>
>>46787815
I'm guessing you didn't notice that Falkner has an Emolga now in the recent update after PokemonChallenges nuzlocked the game too fast.
>>
File: PBU3L2J.png (18 KB, 993x685)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>46787760
>>46787757
So, Blue leads off with Phermosa, this consistency is key, since Galvantula can live a hit from U-Turn and Phermosa will always U-Turn out. This let me get web out into Eternatus. Now, as much as I love Galvy? He's kinda got no other place in this fight. None of its stabs do much to what's there. So instead, I sack it off to go into Gengar. Gengar has Psychic, which hit Eternatus for around half. I have Gengar with Choice Scarf, so I'm hitting first, that means two hits and it'll go down. But the AI basically will try to preserve mons at all costs, so it swaps into Mega Metagross rather than lose it. I swap into Greninja, which blanks the incoming Zen Headbutt (Which is lucky, it could have gone for any move there) And then fires back with Dark Pulse, thankfully, Mega Metagross misses with the Meteor Mash and is in turn one-shot by Dark Pulse. This leads us back into Phermosa I go back into Gengar and sack it off, then send out Greninja again, this time, I use Ice Beam and wipe off the cockroach. It goes into G-Darm, and I swap into Zard, I X-Out, it goes into Primal Groudon, I Mega and Quake on the switch and it misses its stones, I kill it with Quake, out comes Yveltal.

I get in one Rock Slide, don't proc the flinch and get killed. So that is when THE BIRD enters the fray. Staraptor, Choice Scarfed out the ass and boasting Reckless because I wanted to kill bitches dead, Brave Birds Three times, killing Yveltal, Eternatus and G-Darm in one shot, finally killing itself in the final hit.

And if it had failed, Infernape was there in the back with Mach Punch to clean up. Not to mention a full health Grenny boy. Pictured, this was my team post-Zard X going down.

Unfortunately for the hack creator, he does not understand that it is a Staraptor's life to die. And it has always been their trainers duty to take them to where they can die. And that's how Sergeant Merrick killed three ubers and beat Radical Red.
>>
>>46787822
I mean if they did they must have learned their lesson real fast, because I'm not seeing jack shit anywhere here from a quick glance over. Literally the only person saying the game is 'too hard' or 'too tough' is this faggot >>46784795 who's shitting on the game and that makes up 99% of the people who say a Pokemon fangame is 'tough', whether it be Kaizo or Reborn or whatever.
People have already 'steamrolled' the game, there's been people who have 'steamrolled' the game via challenge runs. Just stop fucking talking about it. There's nothing more to say. Though I know retreading the same boring discussion infinitely is par for the course for /vp/ at this point.
>>
>>46787841
That person you quoted is being sarcastic and mocking people.
>>
>>46787828
Yes, I know 2.2 is meant to be harder than 2.1, people seethed over that being difficult or not, people seethed over 2.0 being difficult or not, literally who fucking cares
>>
>>46787841
I mean, discussing and playing a Pokémon romhack feels right at home in a Pokémon board. Yeah, it's been talked before, but what else is there?
>>
>>46787815
it's lazily slapped together and for months it was praised here as if it was the 2nd coming of christ
any criticism was deflected with git gud, not only by posters here but by the dev aswell, so people got annoyed
>>
File: wTIAAQe.png (11 KB, 993x685)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>46787840
Why the fuck would this be available now? I beat your dumb game. There is no new game + where this would make the early game not a slog, If I want to train a pokemon that is literally the easiest thing in the world to do. No time has been saved, time has been wasted, when it could have been saved.

So, last thread, someone said the reason I stopped playing Radical Red was not that it was tedious and monotonous and boring, but that I just couldn't beat the game, it was too hard for me, and I needed to git gud.

So less than a day later and I've beaten it, and now that I've beaten, I can proudly say. This hack sucks. The early game is a tedious slog the throws max EV/IV pokemon at you when you lack any tools to make your own grinding faster. It gates off the tools to actually make that happen quickly until you get surf from Koga, when 2/3rds of the game is already over. Thankfully, it uncapped EV's from vitamins, so when I got to celadon which is still half the fucking game, I was able to just shove vitamins down pokemon throats. Now, was I the best player? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck no! Let's be real here, I can show you my movesets, and you'll have an aneurism from how amateurish my builds are. But that's the skinny of it, isn't it? It wasn't that the game was hard, because I blitzed this bitch, I made it cry and weep for mercy, I didn't use any of the Pseudo's, I didn't use any legendaries, I just used a psychopath bird, an angry monkey, a fire dragon, a spider, a gangster, a frog who watched too much Ninja Scroll, and their assorted friends. I could have made this game even easier, but I chose to go easy on it, because I was waiting for the challenge people were talking about.

But it wasn't hard. It was tedious, it was boring. I was bored playing it, my joy came from posting here, and watching the fucking cultists scramble for excuses as for why I must be finishing so quickly, I had to be cheating, I had to look up the doc. But I didn't.

This hack sucks.
>>
>>46787870
I think part of the problem was the Dev's attitude. If he just had rolled with the punches, admitting that yeah it's just a Romhack and as such has some issues, his followers would have become much more chill, too.
>>
>>46787853
Because it's the most mind fuckingly retarded discussion and it's the exact same everytime.
>wow this game is hard, it sucks!
>no it doesn't, you're bad!
>uhh this game is actually really easy, it sucks!
>no it isn't, you just cheated and used cheese strats!
And endless fucking circlejerking about muh difficulty about a fucking ROM hack, over and over and over and over and over again. That is all Radical Red discussion will boil down to because of aggressively autistic manchildren like you and probably others in this thread.
You could be talking about, say, Dreams, Pokemon Sevii, Darkfire 2, literally any of the other new romhacks out now, but no, gotta retread the same tired shit because it somehow still gets (You)s. Fuck off and die teenager.
>>46787870
Except very little of the discussion actually centers on the quality of RR, but instead focuses on muh difficulty.
Oh and any discussion that does focus on RR's quality again retreads the exact same talking points. Doesn't this get tiring?
>>
>>46787886
For me, it's how crazy the cult around the game is that made me want to do this. I was content putting the game down and calling it shit when I last stopped. It was the constant accusations of "No it was actually too hard for you." And recently, the fucking accusations of using infinite money or using the documentation to scout ahead, that truly cements it as a cult.

>>46787892
Also, it's fucking impossible to talk about RR's quality. Because RR has no quality. Everything that makes RR what it is, was made by the Complete Fire Red Upgrade. What remains is the original content, of which there is none,
>>
>>46787899
>What remains is the original content, of which there is none
uhhhh sweaty, have you forgotten whitneys feet pics or giovanni falling for the sunken cost fallacy?
>>
>>46787914
It didn't make me sweaty, no. But you're right. What I should say is "What remains is the original content, and it might as well be nothing."
>>
>>46787914
>whitneys feet pics
What
>>
>>46787931
just some cringe dialogue
>>
Radical Red reminds me of hacks like FFT 1.3 Where the creator is so lodged up their own ass they can't listen to anyone around them, and the community that does like it become insufferable.
>>
>>46784755
>getting upset that completely hidden numbers don't add up to 100

This is autism. You are autistic.
>>
File: klara.png (3.02 MB, 2726x3803)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB PNG
>>46784755
Dynmax and raids are the best gameplay mechanics to date for both cooperative and competitive
>>
>>46784726
/thread
>>
>>46788133
It is dumb though.
>>
>>46787990
Hacks like this are a dime a dozen, when people are desperate for content and enough shiny, new things are there, they praise it without thinking and overlook the floors.

People fucking praised Uranium and said Uranium was better than Mainline Pokemon games. People have said the story of Reborn is "Mature and deep."
>>
>>46787990
Can i get a quick rundown on FFT 1.3
>>
>>46788500
The hacks own description

>Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 is a difficulty and content modification for Final Fantasy Tactics. The primary goal of the project is to re-balance the gameplay mechanics of the original while adding difficulty. The project started with the idea that players did not need to impose artificial rules on themselves to make Final Fantasy Tactics challenging if a mod could be created to do it for them. FFT 1.3 alters job, monster, item, and battle statistics to make the entire game provide a challenge that matches the complexity and depth of its customization system. It's been in development since 2008 and is maintained by Archael. Several spin-off versions of 1.3 have been created as a result of demand by fans to experience the mod on other platforms or in other ways. 1.3 does not alter the game's storyline or its characters.

Much like Radical Red, the changes made are interesting ones, the difficulty, however, was stupid fucking nonsense, involving things like "Go level up to gain abilities, then use level down traps, to level down, because all things scale to level." Basically it was nerds who'd played Final Fantasy Tactics too much making a romhack which only nerds who'd played Tactics for most of their lives could actually play. But the other key thing that connects it to Radical Red, is whenever anyone would beat something too easily, the hack creator would go back, and nerf or remove, or otherwise cut things, because no how dare you have an easy time of this, this is meant to be hard, damn it.

Eventually, the hack creator made "1.3 Content" which is all the fun changes rebalances and all that, without the difficulty designed for tedious grinding.
>>
>>46788466
Uranium is better than any post gen 5 game, and I don't think even people who like Reborn think it's deep unless they're literally 12
>>
>>46789073
Reborn fans are weird like... They're really werid. And Uranium is fucking awful. It's so genuinely bad I don't know how you can enjoy it.
>>
>>46786458
maybe for normal moves
>beartic avalanche maul
>>
So RR gives you all the tools and the full dex, but the dev gets pissed when someone uses everthing that is given to them?
>>
>>46789087
Look where you are before calling others weird. But you can still appreciate Reborn's difficulty, mon variety, side contents, puzzles and maps without saying you enjoy the main story content.
I don't see how Uranium is worse than any post Gen 5 game, either.
>>
>>46787657
why is staraptor psychotic, he's cool
>>
>>46787760
it really annoys me how most pokemon are just animals, but then I dislike stuff like klefki so idk what i want
>>
>>46787892
>uhh this game is actually really easy, it sucks!
>no it isn't, you just cheated and used cheese strats!
for me this is the part that'll never make sense and always makes it seem like a discord defense force

how the hell are you supposed to play this shit? Where exactly is the shame in using a Gengar? If I'm not supposed to have it, then why is it even available? Am I supposed to play the game with a cavalcade of shitmons? Then you should have told me that.

Why does Blue run a full team of legends by the way? Like what the fuck?
>>
>>46787653
Didn’t the dev say this hack is about using optimal teambuilding and not just slapping on a bunch of good Pokémon? This isn’t exactly a “good” team
>>
>>46784878
>Corvisquire evolves to Corviknight at Level 60 instead of Level 38
Why?
>>
>>46789109
Basically
>>
>>46789459
People were using it and the dev got mad at that so he pushed it back. As for why he changed the evolution level I don’t know but people defended it by saying “BUT YOU HAVE MORE OPTIONS” with fucking Corvisquire
>>
just checked the documentation
he removed recovery from toxapex lol
was toxapex also frequently used?
>>
>>46789459
Cowardy. He couldn't figure a way to counter Corviknight and said "fuck it, no fun allowed"
>>
What other Pokémon did this faggot nerf?
>>
>>46787481
Literally pissed himself with rage and retooled the whole game after his run went viral
>>
File: 1599832439746.jpg (40 KB, 680x538)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>46787884
I fucking love you, anon. Thank you.
>>
>>46784710
he doesn't listen to /vp/ autists
>>
Based thread
>>
>>46791467
Blessed thread
>>
>>46788133
Why the fuck are you in a board that is dedicated to a game about stat distribution if you don't like talking about stat distribution?
>>
>>46789556
I think most people use Toxapex and Ferrothorn because everything in this game is focused on speed. The dev knows nothing else other than fast Pokemon is good except in trick room where slow Pokemon is fast.
>>
>>46787547
Competitive knowledge does way more than picking the best options in RR. If you know your game you'll beat it without a single OU mon. RR starts off hard because you don't have many options, once you start having options it becomes fair and really forgiving. Even if it isn't you can always check docs to see what is next and prepare accordingly, while I do not recommend this route it works better than anything else. I don't think RR is bs and most likely never did.
>>
File: file.png (428 KB, 500x500)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
What should I know when going into this game?
>>
File: RadRed Champ.png (123 KB, 1108x540)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>46792341
Honestly, you can see how bad it is just by looking at the Champion team. Yeah, it's all Ubers. But there's no team cohesion there. It's JUST Ubers. Nothing here is like "Oh such a good team build" it's just "Smogon said this is too good, so I'mma give it to the champion. For fucks sake Pheromosa's running a physical set.
>>
>>46787616
Corvi is legit gamebreaking when obtained early. It is miles better than most fully evolved mons at mid game, a testament to how steel/flying is a powerful typing. Hard countering mid game corvi isn't fun for anyone involved, pacing is good for everything else so might as well delay corvi at a point where it is less gamebreaking.
>>46787734
Niceeeeeeee.
>>46787870
I don't know the dev so can't comment on that. But if he was mad that someone nuzlocked his game then... Well he is a bitch.
>>46787892
I'll test those roms out. I don't exactly go hunting for hackroms so having someone spoonfeed info is appreciated.
>>>46788152
Cooperative kinda, competitive not really. No gimmick was good for competitive.
>>46792341
Well that's better than tailoring a stupid cheese strat against the player. Imagine if Agatha had a squad full of F.E.A.R.S and there were no docs. People would be lining up to hail it either as either bs or kino.
>>
>>46790043
/vp/ loves Megas
>>
>>46788133
It should at least be consistent
>>
File: 1617911783179.jpg (185 KB, 904x886)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Does the AI in these games even know how to properly use slow mons or stall?
Sticky Web or Trick Room alone makes a joke out of just about every important trainer, so I imagine the AI not being able to plan ahead more than a 2 or 3 turns is why no one bothers with trying AI stall teams - Other than perhaps respecting the player's time.
>>
>>46789275
Blue's team used to be Krookodile, Togekiss, his Starter, Darkrai, Primal Groudon and Choice Scarf Imposter Ditto.

Then he got mad when people laughed at that team, especially after Lance had fucking Primal Dialga with fucking Prism Armour. Because it's a total fucking joke team.

So rather than realize this is all a silly game and he should focus on making a consistent well balanced game. Fuck it, all Ubers. Why those Ubers? He doesn't know. He doesn't know why those pokemon are in Ubers, or why they're too strong for competitive. All he knows is Smogon said they were the best.
>>
>>46792622
it's even funnier when you think about some smogon tactics being nerfed or just outright removed
>>
I wish we could talk about something besides Rad Red
>>
>>46792666
There are plenty of threads on the forums, and a rom hacking general. And if you wanna talk about something but it... start talking about something else.
>>
Is pokemon Sevii any good?
>>
>>46792677
What is Pokemon Sevii anyway?
>>
File: LDJQ4eL.png (6 KB, 240x160)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>46792679
Oh this immediately doesn't look good.
>>
File: Q4sNc5U.png (5 KB, 240x160)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>46792688
These are the screenshots on the games own page. These look awful. If you can't fucking do colour, find someone who can and ask for help... or don't fuck with it.
>>
File: 1QxMAe8.gif (500 KB, 240x160)
500 KB
500 KB GIF
>>46792695
Seriously, this is vomitous.
>>
>>46792695
I wish I knew where to ask people to help me with my shit.
>>
>>46792622
My issue with Blues team is that it doesn't fit him at all, and I say this as someone who very much considered giving him a Legendary Pokemon at some point as a joke to offset another joke I was making earlier in the game.

That team you posted doesn't fit him either because it's like where the fuck would Blue get a Darkrai, let alone fucking Groudon in his primal state.
>>
>>46792710
Here's a life lesson. Just work on what you can do, and don't on what you can't. People will see your earnestness and offer to help if they see you putting in the work. Building a team isn't "And I got together these people all at the start." it's "People saw my work, got excited for it, and saw that I was serious and going to complete it, so others offered to help."
>>
>>46792738
No, it's too frustrating. The centerpiece of my hack, the only reason I want to do it and the thing I know would make people at least talk about it, is something I was told could be completed in an afternoon, if I knew advanced xse.

I don't, by the way.

But I will keep your advice in mind for if I ever want to finance a legitimate game. Which may happen in the future at some point.
>>
>>46792747
That's fine. When I started with my own game dev projects, I knew literally jack and shit, I categorized what I could do and I did that instead. When I look at Sevii, the reason the colour palette changes annoy me is that it looks bad, and no one would have faulted them for just using the vanilla sprites. You need to put your best foot forward with a project.
>>
Someone revive /rfg/ it's been months
>>
>>46792892
rfg?
>>
Does anyone have screenshots or a summary of the radical red dev reacting to the game being nuzlocked?
>>
>>46792935
Rom fangame general. It was a shortlived but fun series of threads from the perspective of the people playing through the hacks.
>>
>>46792956
i just watched a nuzlocker play renegade platinum and to say nothing of that hack's quality (because I sincerely don't know if its good or not) I noticed he leaned back and did pillow hands while the mons were fighting.

gen 4's engine is so slow you can take a break while the hp goes down lmao
>>
>>46792965
that does sound kinda cool
>>
>>46792970
Renegade platinum has patches to speed up animations bratan.
But yeah ren platinum is neat from what I've played of it
>>46792892
Seconding this as long as it doesn't turn into radical red crying
>>
>>46792772
do you know a better trainer editor than hopeless? something that lets you choose abilities?
>>
>>46792956
No because it's a BS agenda invented by a /vp/ autist.
>>
>>46793013
Give GEN 3 Tools Trainer Editor a try?
>>
>>46792956
He said he didn't mind but he didn't really understand why people would nuzlocke it, as it's not really great for a nuzlocke experience
>>
File: XkXsfRM.png (722 KB, 2687x1441)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
>>46793070
pretty sure its just a hopeless
>>
>>46793083
Oh, it's because Gen 3 doesn't support that. so you have to do custom ASM for it, and no one has made the logical leap of "Make tool that install ASM and then can edit it."

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7795831&postcount=1
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8240412
>>
>>46793112
uh oh
numbers
this is gonna be a crash inducing pain
>>
>>46793119
That's rom hacking, it's all fun and games. And then fucking ASM clocks ya in the jaw.
>>
I notice the Radical Red fans fucked out, they'll likely wait for the thread to die then make a new one pretending this didn't happen.
>>
>>46787814
>>46787807
So like. Lance opens with Taunt, and I would fully expect Pheromosa to be given Taunt in the next update, specifically because of Sticky Web. That said there's no way they can remove Sticky Web without tacitly admitting that it neuters the entire game because it's made by an unga bunga who doesn't know anything but hyper-offense.

That, or removing it from fast-mons like Galv, Ariados, and Ribombee. And leaving it on slow-mons that can never get past a taunt from Pheromosa.

So, let's do math. Pheromosa is level 85, 252 speed, and Adamant nature. So it has 341 speed. So any pokemon that can breech 341 speed with a choice scarf is instantly going to lose Sticky Web.
>>
>>46794034
What about Mental Herb?
>>
>>46794560
Go from Adamant to Jolly, takes the speed to 375 and outspeeds even Choice Scarf. OR Give the team UB Aura Boost.
>>
>>46794574
What about life orb taunt, so that you taunt the web user then OHKO with axel 70% of the time.
>>
>>46792456
>it's just "Smogon said this is too good, so I'mma give it to the champion.
It's not even that.
It looks like he literally just copy-pasted the top sets from Pikalytics and called it a day.
In fact, I looked it up, and lo and behold, a lot of them are.
>>
>>46794628
wait I'm an idiot, Mental Herb shakes off Taunt. Okay. so you need to be faster, and then need to OHKO, so let's look at Masquerian, Water/Bug. so the way the AI works is it will go for a move like Taunt, only if it can't see the kill. So if it had Shockwave it would see Masq, and roll the kill. So it wouldn't taunt, it would Shockwave. So you'd need a Sticky Web setter who can taunt, have Mental Herb, survive a hit, and then still fire it off. And this is entirely a solved problem just by including one fucking pokemon with Rapid Spin.

>>46794654
Which is even weirder desu. But yeah, there's clearly no cohesion of team building or making a strategy or trying to understand how the pokemon AI works and building something it can handle. Just slap Ubers down, that'll work, right?
>>
>>46794654
That is so retarded, expected at least some teambuilding
>>
>>46785525
wish the same thing in this thread was done with "insane" unbound
the game has so many design flaws under the pretense its "hard"
>>
>>46784726
I've been living under a rock playing the first handful of gens, what's the issue with Megas? From what I've read they're just temporary stat boosts.
>>
Also
I don't understand why soopercell has to give gym leaders mons that doesnt respect their types
It adds NOTHING to the difficulty
Heck i'd argue it makes it even easier
Like you could make monotype teams that can be actually much more challenging than having an inconsistent team
But no, you must add unrelated pokemons because "haha ill bet they will be surprised"
and the battle ends up being actually pretty easy
>>
>>46784914
Most of the changes come from the CFRU engine, see the features it adds compared to what RR adds on top of it.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=425447
>>
>>46784726
fpbp
>>
Someone said it but that is something I dislike about the game and something that can’t ultimately be fixed. Stall bosses will never work in an environment like this because there’s no way for an AI to competently play stall unless they just kept switching out.
>>
>>46787884
Anon, that was the most beautiful deconstuction of an overrated romhack i have ever seen
btw, is there any good fangame out there that uses CFRU?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.