[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So I'm trying to come up with a team I can make on cart to beat the Gym Leader castle and cups in this game. Any good suggestions for teams and things to think about? Note I'm using all physical carts and no game shark so keep things a bit realistic.
>>
>>46778037
Via glitches on cart you can get just about any pokemon iirc, certainly for rby and I'm not 100% on gsc, though you can at least glitch in Celebi which should be the only otherwise unobtainable mon if you have both gold and silver
>>
Tyranitar
>>
>>46778067
I currently have a Gen 1 and 2 living dex, including a Celebi, but it's missing it's starting moves like Heal Bell due to the egg glitch I used. I made this thread just for some ideas for what a decent gen 2 team that not so difficult to make would be.

>>46778069
Yeah that's a given, which moves and item should I go with? I was thinking Rock Slide, EQ, Crunch and a filler move with Leftovers but I'm open to other ideas.
>>
File: silver yellow.png (322 KB, 1194x500)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>46778037
I had a link cable so I could use my brother's game boy with mine. I used yellow and silver to get these pokemon without cheats, hacks or glitches. My transfer pack for n64 still worked back then. I never beat the little cup. In the random cup where you only get random rentals, I never made it past ultra ball cup.
>>
>>46778088
Tyranitar can use fire punch or surf I guess.
>>
>>46778122
Lugia and Ho-oh should get thunder and psychic instead of rock smash and strength. You're being stingy because you don't want to grind at the game corner.
>>
>>46778037
For Nintendo Cup (Poke Cup? It's been too long, I forget) where you have to pick certain level Pokemon, make sure that you consider what moves are learned when for your team. For example, you're not sending in a level 50 Raikou at all because it won't know Crunch (I think) and will then be a bit more limited. Same goes for evolutions as TTar and Dragonite are usable, but you have to have them on level 55.
The challenge is fun but if you're going to use all legendaries you are doing yourself a disservice.
>>
>>46778147
Yeah I wasn't planning on only using legends, but maybe 1 or 2 that are allowed. I'm also looking at Gen 2 OU lists but it's hard to figure out from those as fighting computer players isn't the same thing as a fight with a real person.
>>
If I remember to bother I'll come back and give you some teams. I got around 75% through R2 before getting frustrated and quitting. All that was with cart Pokemon.
In Stadium 1, Tauros and Mewtwo rape everything, I can tell you that for sure. I did beat R2 on Stadium 1.
>>
>>46778164
You'll be in 3v3s as well. I actually had a lot of fun with Curse + Drill Peck Skarmory and Perish Song Misdreavus anyways.
>>
>>46778183
>If I remember to bother I'll come back and give you some teams.
By which I mean in like 10 hours after my shift is through
>>
File: too hard.png (442 KB, 588x480)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
>>46778037
I never even made it to my rival silver on pokemon stadium 2. That damn challenge cup.
>>
>>46778183
Yeah I found a good guide on Stadium 1 and I've gotten R2 done already, but couldn't find a similar guide for Stadium 2. Every thing I've found just complains about how the Rental pokemon suck for the game.

My Stadium 1 run went like this:
>Mewtwo solo'd most things
>Tauros and Starmie handled Level 50-55 cup
>Abra (with elemental punches from gen 2) and Ghastly handled Little Cup
>>
>>46778037
Depends on the cups and modes. With Prime Cup and Gym Leader Castle you should at least be using Mewtwo, there is no reason not to. For other non-ubers you should DEFINITELY use Marowak with Thick Club and Curselax. For Little Cup, Cubone with Thick Club, Abra with elemental punches, and Scyther pretty much wipe out the entire cup. I honestly have no idea how Scyther was allowed in Little Cup. Your biggest roadblock will be the Challenge Cup and you'll have to reset for a good team.
>>
>>46778229
I used rentals for Stadium 1 up until R2 when I decided to start focusing on using cartridges. Man I just can't remember what my Pokemon were for Stadium 2.
Do you know about the Continue exploit? It lets you Continue forever so you can never run out of them. Very nice for Stadium 2, Stadium 1 doesn't have anything like it.
>>
File: different from smogon.png (395 KB, 1204x487)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>46778037
These cannot be rentals. They must be raised yourself. I don't know what to do in little cup so I just used all the starters available. I played red, silver and crystal. I was able to get spare TM's from red and silver starting new games after transferring these to crystal.
>>
>>46778325
Just remembered the ultimate chad move: you can give an Alakazam Psychic and all three elemental punches, then send it back to Stadium 1 and watch it tear through fucking everything. Optionally, leave out one punch and sub in Recover.
>>
>>46778325
>Only relying on moves that inflict damage.
>>
>>46778234
Oh wow I just looked up Marowak with Thick Club and I agree that's a good one to use. I'll try come up with a set for Sctyher as well for little cup.

>>46778325
Seems a little too basic, but I think it's a decent start and easy enough to make. Definitely would put curse and Double Edge on Lax there.

>>46778332
Funny enough, the Abra with elemental punches I used in my Stadium 1 Little Cup I turned into an Alakazam just to have something tear through the E4 to grind for XP and money.
>>
>>46778219
At least the Rival you can just slam into until you win, or cheese him. That's why the Kanto Gym Leaders are so easy, you can just surrender as much as you want.
Challenge Cup on the other hand is cancer. I just wish some autist would make an FAQ saying exactly what Pokemon/moves to look out for in Challenge Cup. Like, maybe a program where you punch in your moves and it tells you if it's a good enough team to get through the entire thing. Repeatedly I've decided to go with a Challenge Cup team and got roadblocked by the 7th trainer and given up after an hour or so fruitlessly trying to beat them.
Also the AI in the Stadium games can suck my dick in general. I am 100% convinced that the RNG is intentionally stacked against you and in favor of the computer to artificially elongate the game.
>>
File: bobby4.jpg (1.18 MB, 2056x1176)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
Whoever didn't implement the ability to skip move animations is a faggot, 95% of your time with the game is spent watching the same animations over and over again.
>>
Bumping so this shit doesn't die before I can get home from work
>>
>>46778183
>>46779587
Alright, let's get this going.
I have five teams set for GLC. I am not certain what specific Gyms I used the first two on, but it's pretty obvious they were used to cheese some of them out with Explosionshit.
>1 (ALL RENTALS)
Donphan - Ice Berry
Heracross
Pineco - Burnt Berry
Kadabra - Przcureberry
Koffing
Jynx - Mint Berry
>2 (ALL RENTALS)
Donphan
Fearow
Gastly - Burnt Berry
Geodude - Bitter Berry
Kadabra - Przcureberry
Weezing
>>
>>46780051
>3 (all are cart Pokemon, as well I believe I did most of the work of training them on my copy of Yellow and only used a Gen 2 game for TMs/moves/etc. but I'm not certain)
Mewtwo
>Psychic, Amnesia, Blizzard, Recover
>TwistedSpoon
>HP: 382, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 295/237/373/245/331
Tauros
>Stomp, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Fire Blast
>Polkadot Bow
>HP: 328, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 267/265/129/189/291
Snorlax
>Body Slam, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, Selfdestruct
>Leftovers
>HP: 486, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 283/203/179/269/113
Starmie
>Surf, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Recover
>Bitter Berry
>HP: 296, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 201/245/267/237/299
Jolteon
>Thunderbolt, Pin Missile, Thunder Wave, Sand-Attack
>Bright Powder
>HP: 294, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 183/195/279/249/323
Exeggutor
>Psychic, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Explosion
>Mint Berry
>HP: 368, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 245/233/319/199/181

The other two teams have the same Pokemon with alterations.

>4
Mewtwo
>Amnesia and Blizzard have been replaced with Thunderbolt and Submission
>Mewtwo is now carrying the Bright Powder instead of Jolteon
Tauros
>Stomp has been replaced by Double-Edge
>Tauros is now carrying an Ice Berry
Snorlax
>Snorlax is now carrying the Polkadot Bow instead of Tauros
Starmie
>Blizzard has been replaced with Ice Beam
>Starmie is now carrying the Leftovers instead of Snorlax
Jolteon
>Jolteon is now carrying the Bitter Berry instead of Starmie
Exeggutor
>Exeggutor is now carrying a Przcureberry

>5 (compared to 4)
Mewtwo
>unchanged
Tauros
>Tauros is now carrying the Bitter Berry instead of Jolteon
Snorlax
>unchanged
Starmie
>unchanged
Jolteon
>Jolteon is now carrying the Przcureberry instead of Exeggutor
Exeggutor
>Exeggutor is now carrying a Mint Berry

I completed GLC R2 with these five teams, in some combination.
>>
>>46778037
>Playing a boring old af bad game with overly long animation in 2021
LMAO
>>
>>46779124
Zoom zoom
>>
>>46780114
Little Cup time. This was the team I used to beat R2's.
Dratini
>Dragonbreath, Thunderbolt, Fire Blast, Ice Beam
>King's Rock
>HP: 22, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 11/11/13/13/13
Doduo
>Endure, Double Team, Flail, Swagger
>Focus Band
>HP: 19, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 13/10/9/9/13
Onix
>Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rest, Explosion
>Mint Berry
>HP: 21, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 12/23/10/11/15
Slowpoke
>Surf, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Attract (it's a Male)
>Mystic Water
>HP: 24, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 12/11/9/9/7
Abra
>Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch
>Bright Powder
>HP: 18, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 8/7/16/11/14
Machop
>Cross Chop, Earthquake, Thief, Curse
>Black Belt
>HP: 23, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 14/10/8/8/9
>>
>>46780132
Prime Cup team is the same as the GLC one so refer to that. Their moves are identical to the second version from GLC.
Items:
Mewtwo
>Bright Powder
Tauros
>Bitter Berry
Starmie
>Leftovers
Jolteon
>Gold Berry
Snorlax
>Polkadot Bow
Exeggutor
>Przcureberry
>>
>>46780155
Poke Cup has two totally separate teams, not sure why, maybe I needed to regroup and try something else after failing Master Ball?

First team

Nidoking (LEVEL 55)
>Earthquake, Surf, Ice Beam, Fire Blast
>Bright Powder
>HP: 184, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 144/124/133/122/124
Dragonite (LEVEL 55
>Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Reflect
>Przcureberry
>HP: 195, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 173/142/150/150/130
Exeggutor
>Psychic, Stun Spore, Double Team, Explosion
>Leftovers
>HP: 189, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 125/121/164/104/93
Starmie
>Psychic, Surf, Thunderbolt, Recover
>Twistedspoon
>HP: 143, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 91/112/132/117/151
Gengar
>Thunderbolt, Ice Punch, Hypnosis, Explosion
>Bitter Berry
>HP: 141, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 92/87/166/11/139
Rhydon
>Earthquake, Rock Slide, Roar, Substitute
>Mint Berry
>HP: 186, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 169/159/81/81/79
>>
>>46780185
Second team for Poke Cup

Kingdra (LEVEL 55)
>Sleep Talk, Rest, Surf, Ice Beam
>Leftovers
>HP: 178, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 143/144/140/140/124
Tauros (LEVEL 55)
>Sleep Talk, Rest, Double-Edge, Earthquake
>King's Rock
>HP: 170, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 141/133/85/118/161
Exeggutor
>Giga Drain, Psychic, Stun Spore, Explosion
>Quick Claw
>HP: 179, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 126/117/164/104/94
Machamp
>Cross Chop, Rock Slide, Curse, Fire Blast
>Black Belt
>HP: 182, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 168/120/94/114/94
Zapdos
>Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Drill Peck, Reflect
>Magnet
>HP: 185, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 126/115/159/124/130
Houndoom
>Bite, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Solar Beam (clearly didn't give a shit enough to get it Crunch, guess it didn't matter)
>Focus Band
>HP: 157, ATK/DEF/SPA/SPD/SP -- 116/72/145/115/131
>>
>>46780217
I don't think there are any other places in the game to have teams so that'll do it. In doing this, I have learned that the only thing separating me from having R2 finished is Ultra Ball and Master Ball of Challenge Cup. Too bad I don't care.
>>
File: froglook.png (1.38 MB, 1532x1404)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
>>46780129
>>Zoom zoom
>apparently never played the game because somehow unaware that 95% of the game is watching animations
Don't post in threads about games you haven't played my friend
>>
>>46780222
Thanks for all these, I'll definitely use them as a guideline for my team.
>>
File: DhgvLSQWAAEds5e.jpg (34 KB, 621x568)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>46780477
To be fair a lot of this was just me adapting my strats from Stadium 1 into Stadium 2. I don't even know if the first Mewtwo from GLC was altered from how it was in Stadium 1 or not. So this isn't exactly optimal. There's some weird shit in there too. That Doduo kinda disappointed iirc.
Are you done with Stadium 1?
>>
>>46781046
Yeah I did Stadium 1 before all this, so I moved on to S2 now. This is all a part of a bigger "project" of getting a Gen 1 and 2 living dex which I've already got the catching aspect done. Stadium 1's gift pokemon from beating the E4 helped a lot with that.
>>
>>46781121
Worst case scenario if you stop giving a fuck you can get any Gen 1 Pokemon whenever you want with the Mew Glitch
>>
File: Stadium 2 Set 1.png (1.04 MB, 1920x1080)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Round 2 elite four
>Outstall Koga
>Heal Bell
>Stall, set up, destiny bond and physical sweep

I imported my 20 year old mons from my Pokemon Crystal Cart to Project

Also using Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-oh is gay

Random cup tests your adaptibility

Rival 2 R2 gives you earthquake Gilgar
>>
>>46782832 here

Also attend to classes and practise battles, they help. Also Apparently evasion affects whirldwind, so get yourself a proper haze mon to stop stallers dead.

Wall the shit out of your rival My toxic + Mean Look + Charm + Moonlight to stall out Rival's Lugia.

Counter Blissey kills Mewtwo dead when it uses submission Any Non Stab Hyber beam countered kills off Elite Four Hyber Beam, Outspeed and switch between walls/healers when Lorelei starts swagger spamming
>>
I definitely beat all of Round 1, I don't remember if I made it thru all of Round 2 or not, but I remember the rival being easy with Wobbuffet.
>>
I used this team and breezed through gym leader castle and the cups with no problem. Takes a long ass time to set up but swept through everything like it was nothing.
Marowak
>Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rest, Hidden Power (Bug)
> Thick Club
Snorlax
>Curse, Rest, Return, Earthquake
>Leftovers
Jolteon (Zapdos would probably be better but I used this gimmicky Jolteon set instead)
>Toxic, Double Team, Thunderbolt, Protect
>Magnet
Heracross
>Megahorn, Earthquake, Reversal, Endure
>Quick Claw
Suicune
>Surf, Ice Beam, Rest, Sleep Talk
>Mint Berry
Mew (Glitched/transfered from RBY)
>Swords Dance, Softboiled, Submission, Earthquake
>>
>>46778037
I bought 3 official Nintendo transfer paks and all of them say cartridge disconnected with the slightest movement. I don't recall this happening back in the day- what can I do to fix them?
>>
>>46783505
Use Project64 and export your cart rom/savs
Hardware fails, back up your saves and emulate them.
>>
>>46783505
To specify get this
https://shop.insidegadgets.com/product/gbxcart-rw/
>>
>>46778037
This channel has a playlist beating it with both cart mons and rentals https://youtube.com/watch?v=nEYVA_zxyi8&list=PLvmqUL1xP9_FgNaJ8Hctn6oRsLjOMx0lK&index=55
>>
>>46784666
Nice. What this Stadium Kaizo I'm seeing videos for?
>>
File: Untitled.png (370 KB, 794x595)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
Top team is a hodgepodge taken from an endgame Gold save, I used the bottom team in a Crystal overhaul, have beaten Round 1 Gym Leader Castle and Prime Cup with it. Have some other possibilities from the Crystal save for Poke Cup. Would have to check what I used on cart way back when.
>>
>>46783505
Don't play using the controller with a Transfer Pak in. Have the Transfer Pak controllers left on the floor in a position where they won't get moved and play with another Transfer Pak-less controller
>>
>>46779124
As a kid back in the day all you had was time to watch those animations!
>>
>>46786654
When I was a kid my room at my dad's had two TVs, one for Pokemon Stadium and one to watch Cartoon Network on
>>
>>46786103
Team lacks a phazer and recovery moves. Set is too offwnsive, lacks defense and utility, Everything will two shot by everything-

Round 2 will be kicking your ass left and right since AI is minmaxed to hell and back
>>
File: pokemonmac (2).jpg (95 KB, 400x343)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Reminder that the Stadium games have been proven to have their RNG stacked against the player
Just play Colosseum you fags
>>
File: 20210408_050317.jpg (2.5 MB, 4032x1960)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>46783505
OP here I came up with with greatest strategy for this problem. I just cut and folded 4 ply sheet of printer paper from some old mail I had laying around and shoved it into the back of the controller port and after a little messing around got the Pak in and I've never had it come out or fuck up with BOTH of the controllers I've done this to.
>>
It's been a long time since I played this game specifically, but I used the following team of rentals that got me through R1 and R2:

Alakazam
Gengar
Zapdos
Blastoise
Charizard
Donphan

I remember Articuno being good too.

Little Cup is mainly Abra, Gastly, Diglett with three other monster

Challenge Cup is usually the hardest, but if you get a fire, grass, water combo on your team then you are usually set.
>>
>>46786854
As you expect coming straight off the Game Boy games. I barely used Magmar and Fearow as it was so I'm expecting to be punched.

>>46787474
And it stays lodged in there, you don't need to re set it? Good good. Wonder why that happens.
>>
>>46787391
>Not taking up the challenge
Casual
>>
Does Stadium work with flashcarts/bootlegs?
>>
>>46778037
JUST USE SNORLAX, BRO

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.