[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mfw.png (33 KB, 235x210)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Nuzlocke General:CYA NERD edition
Previous thread >>45856888
Nuzlocke info
https://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
http://nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
https://pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
https://pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links
https://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
https://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly))
https://pastebin.com/qRSUUHF7
>Difficulty list (Updated with Sword/Shield and XY without EXP Share on)
https://pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
https://projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>>
File: nuz2electricboogaloo.png (281 KB, 1286x1071)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
bump
Got TPK by Totem Lurantis, however I had these in reserve. Scale from 1-10 how fucked am I if I go for a rematch? Also which eevee form do I go for?
>>
File: Pikachu pervert.jpg (31 KB, 480x479)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Here's a protip for those starting a Platinum run
>Start the game as normal + Dupes clause
>Make sure to capture on every place possible
>Arrive to the route 203 in daytime
>By that point you should already have every mon in that route except one: Abra
Bonus point if you chose Chimchar since it learns taunt early on
>>
welp....I lost bros.
I'm shitty drawing anon by the way with the meme naming convention. CEO, Based unfortunately took like 90% from overheat (not even in the sun), and gyarados was repeatedly crit by camerupt. It was complete anus.
Comic anon, your ruleset, particularly the level cap is super autistic. Godspeed to you.
>>
File: Erika.png (1.17 MB, 1318x857)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
Erika's down thanks to a completely stacked team and a Vulpix I managed to catch before the gym. Hardest part so far has been trying to stay underneath the level cap.
>>
>>45918132
I'm generally a very unlucky player, so I tend to go for original Nuz rules
>Dupes Clause
>Switch
>Healing pokémon is fine, but they cant be the one battling at that time.
>Level cap is at Ace
>>
Claire was free as fuck. The only pokemon Starmie didn't hard counter was Kingdra, and she used every other pokemon before sending it out, and I could stall it with Toxic/Leftovers/Protect Walrein.
>>
>>45919323
Also, I just beat the Kimono girls.
>>
What counts as a one area in general, all routes before a city, with city included?
And can I catch something in the same area as the one you get the starter in?
>>
File: Part #6.png (347 KB, 1460x824)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
A quick update, added some new faces to the team only to lose them immediately, then re-add new (yet familiar) faces. Luka the formerly Taillow, now Swellow, and CP Three the Electrike join the party. I've tied up all the optional Surf shit, so now its on to Fortree City.

>>45919323
Four Ice moves, Jesus yeah get fucked Claire lmao
>>45918522
You subbed out Ivybro? Or is that just because of level cap?
>>45918132
RIP DrawAnon, hope you give it another whirl because I really like your drawings lol. Also what's comic anon's ruleset?
>>
>>45917161
Wiped to Roxie's Honchkrow for run 2 I'll go without random movesets then turn it back on if I wipe again
>>
Planning to make a modified SwSh monotype nuzlocke run with the following rules:

1, Permadeath
2. Start off with 6 pokemons (of the same type) at level 5. This means I can't catch any pokemons at all throughout the playthrough other than compulsary ones e.g. eternatus
3. No trade-evolving / trading.

Thinking of using either fairy, dark or ghost type. Any recommendations?
>>
>>45919788
This little dude is my starter because I like to live dangerously
>>
crushed through all the badges today, a LOT of grinding before the e4. should finish blue tomorrow
>>45919711
super solid hoenn team
>>45919323
eat shit clair
>>45918522
>alakazam
gg
>>
Fuck this stupid fuckin cloudbirb spamming earthquake on my ass, back to the drawing board...
>>
God I've lost like three hardcore renegade platinum attempts to the aaron fight outside hearthome

>>45919682
generally go by what it says where you caught the pokemon. I consider starters (and gift pokemon) separate from encounters but that's up to you, everyone does there own thing
>>
>>45920029
Ok, thanks a lot.
>>
>>45920021
I beat it three times with Tentacruel Ice Beam
>>
>>45917161
Forgot to post the earlier versions when I was starting, but I realized yesterday that despite loving Grookey and a lot of SWSH Pokemon I never really got to play through the game how I liked (my actual save file with all my progress was easily cheesed, meaning I hardly used the starter, and I haven't really played through the game since except for one time where I did a solo run with my Hatterene for the sake of just having a fun time with my favorite Pokemon). So I'm doing a new genlocke in a similar manner to how I've done all my previous gen runs.

Things are going well for the moment, but I almost got wiped by a Skwovet that I ran into by accident who was almost twice the level of my entire team (I caught it just to end the fight since it *was* the first encounter). Surprisingly I managed to get really lucky with my Blipbug, as it not only has a kickass nature but it's been steamrolling most enemies since it evolved. Having fun but not sure how long that'll last since I have to put up with the eternal annoyance that is Hop.
>>
>>45919929
That didn't take long,time to rerandomize.
>>
File: wipe party.png (171 KB, 403x559)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>45917328
got a few more captures, grinded a bit and tried fighting Lurantis again
Failed miserably again
>>
>>45920464
I wish you luck. I beat my run but lost some of my favorite team members along the way.

I managed to get a Chewtle that had the Kindhearted Mark, giving him the unique title of Kindhearted and who was the MVP of my team until he unfortunately died due to being unable to land a killing blow on Nessa's own Drednaw and dying in return. Didn't have the heart to release my special boy so I transferred him over to my actual file instead.

Turns out the reason why he died was because not only did he have an attack penalizing nature, but he ALSO had a fucking 0iv in attack, meaning that my Kindhearted Drednaw had the minimum possible attack value a Drednaw could have. Somehow that feels appropriate but it explains why he wasn't doing as much damage as I thought he should've.
>>
>>45920507
>235 fps
Wew is citra that fast?
>>
>>45920507
those levels are before the grinding right
>>
Welp, let's try this again, then.
Since I know my computer won't start retardedly acting up because I figured out the problem with it, let's return to Emerald. Because apparently HeartGold isn't happening unless I get a physical copy
Hopefully this time I'll actually commit to it and not stop after a few days like the last three times I tried this.
Where we last left our heroes, they were going way down to Slateport town
I think
>>
dubs decides what game i nuzlocke (gen 1 through 5 since i'm gonna use emulator)
>>
>>45920772
Leaf Green, picking Bulbasaur
>>
>>45920772
black 2
>>
>>45919711
Had to sub out Ivybro after he slaughtered Rock Tunnel and was borderline overleveled. Boxed him in Lavender Town after the rival fight so I could have him available during the Erika fight but since I caught a Vulpix it wasn't necessary to have him in the team to stall. Now that the level cap is raised I'll start using him again.
>>
>>45920772
good luck on waiting for dubs, i say crystal regardless
>>
>>45920772
Yellow
>>
>>45920557
Nope.. Forgot how high a level Lurantis was And half wanted the run to be over regardless so I could try a new game or s/m with new starter
>>45920544
mostly faster on menus and stuff but yeah battles and stuff are decently fast with speedup.

Now first response decides.....do I try white 1 or Shield for next attempt?
>>
>>45921030
White 1
>>
>>45920484
Cheren got me again, fuck you Cheren.
>>
>>45920688
High quality MSPaint art edition
I get the feeling I'm about to have a bad time
>>
>>45921269
You know, I'm starting to think that maybe I was just retarded the first time I did the route 110 May fight
No other time I've done a Gen 3 run has she swept my team there like my first nuzlocke
>>
>>45919711
>what's comic anon's ruleset?
Standard Nuzlocke rules, but no items in battle, battle style set, and the level cap is the next gym leader's weakest Pokemon.
>>
File: emerald fresh start!.jpg (3.55 MB, 4032x3024)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB JPG
WELL THEN. As I said in my last post I wiped to flannery's cunt of a torkoal. I was using comic anon's rules which is standard except no items in battle and level cap is gym leader's weakest poke. I seriously had no clue how he was doing it until he posted the one revealing shedinja. So I am sticking to the ruleset except level cap is gym leader's ace because I don't have that breed of tism. We are about to fight May 2. That bitch.
>>45921458
>>45921269
These are awesome
>>45918734
Respect
I have beaten emerald nuzlocke once and I used swampert and shedinja, so I feel I need to prove to myself that I can do it without them. However, I also think healing in battle makes things really easy, so trying not to do that either.
>>45920021
RIP, that fucker is tough
>>45920688
Super solid starting team!
>>45920772
Emerald, everyone's doing it!!!!
>>45919711
Aw thanks, anon. I am trying again check it out
>>
File: RUNBACK #1.png (284 KB, 1460x654)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
ALRIGHT FUCK IT, this time we're running it back All. The. Way. We had two bad losses versus that Taillow trainer on Route 104, but besides that we've got a pretty good squad. I'll probably sub out Shroomish for the inevitable Tentacool on Dewford Island, and might sub out Kalahari for the Granite Cave encounter if it's good.
Oh, and Roxanne is easy if you have Shroomish.

>>45921499
Love your drawings, they have so much personality.
>>45921458
Good stuff anon, love the drawings too. And nah, that May fight is really hard; it's known to be a run-killer for speedruns if her opening Pokemon uses Growl lmao
>>45920464
Good luck! Those are two pretty good early-game Pokemon, Rookidee especially for obvious reasons.
>>45919959
Wow, you're taking in a lot of early-game Pokemon, best of luck to you. Are you using champs retirement clause? If so, you're gonna be cutting out a lot of early-game encounters.
>>
>>45921668
Thanks a lot anon. I like your team. Shroomish is a beast.
>>
Mauville. The site of my greatest nuzlocke failure.
I have more than two surviving pokemon this time, so hopefully this will go better than that one did.
That being said, my team isn't exactly primed for an electric gym, but I'm sure Nuggets can pull everyone else's weight.
>>45921499
Thank, like your art too anon
>>45921668
Also thank
>>
File: 3.png (244 KB, 1154x529)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
a moment of silence for Heff the Shellos, who dodged two Cuts from Beedrill and fired back with a Water Pulse crit before he was struck down
congratulations to Waffles who froze Bugsy's Scyther with a single Ice Punch and brutally desecrated the corpse
no love for Jethro whose Rock Blast did not hit more than two times the ENTIRE gym
time to go see a man about a cow
>>
File: Yuka sad.jpg (132 KB, 636x356)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>45921499
Looks like i'm going with Emerald then
>>
>>45921805
Huge power!!!
>>
File: crystal clear nuzlocke 1.png (596 KB, 1080x1080)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
hey decided to start a nuzlocke in crystal clear, mostly because i like the graphics and the freedom, OC inserts i could do without but oh well

i am also trying to learn blender and i would love to try to make a 2D animation series about a nuzlocke playthrough, or this nuzlocke as practice.

should i try to do comics and then ease into animated bits like gym battles, or try to make full episodes?
>>
File: wut.jpg (9 KB, 274x286)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Fight with Roxanne
>Go with Mudkip/Shroomish and 4 sack mons
>breeze though the first geodude
>The second one was kinda put a fight but whatever
>Nosepass comes out
>Mudkip gets hit by rock tomb
>JESUS CHRIST THAT DAMAGE
>Hit a couple of water guns but have to sack a mon
>Sack wurmple for the free turn
>Send out Marill
>Potion on mudkip. Rock tomb misses
>Another potion on mudkip. Rock tomb misses
>Potion on Shroomish
>"ok if it misses again i'm going with that Marill 4 life"
>Rock tomb hits. "damn"
>Send out mudkip again to barely finish the job
I literally had two (2) mons that could wipe the gym in theory and still had to take two loses
>>
LYRA WHY THE FUCK DOES YOUR LEVEL 18 MARRILL KNOW BLIZZARD
>>
>>45922445
What game are you even playing lmao
>>
>>45922459
SacredGold
>>
Playing with a few friends using standard rules with level cap, and team limits. We battle each other after each gym leader.
We wanted varied teams so went with a randomizer on wild pokemon and items(held and field), and kept trainers with
the same pokemon.

We're planning on doing something similar with Platinum, but not entirely decided on how rules are going to change. And have never played
or nuzlocked gen 4 so not sure what the difficulty will be.

We were thinking about scaling punishment for battle loss with gym badges, i.e get a mon 'benched' for the first gym, lose 5 on the 8th
gym etc, but not sure about much else. Anyone have any experience doing something similar? Wondering what else we could do to spice
things up, if anyone else has any experience doing something similar with friends. Not even sure how we're deciding a winner, maybe
Battles Won - Pokemon died = Points or something similar.

Pic is team for post-Wattson battle.
>>
File: RUNBACK #2.png (279 KB, 1460x724)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
Lost some homies, mainly Nepal, which is rough. We also lost a Tentacool, but who cares lmao, I just caught a second one on the route right next to Dewford. Brawly's entire gym didn't even get a hit off on Silkroad lmao

>>45922443
Roxanne's Nosepass just loves to throw wrenches in the fight lol
>>45922402
Yo, this would be hype. Do whatever you think you've got time for, but maybe comics would be good for figuring stuff out? I have no experience with this stuff so I can't give great advice, but I dig your art style!
>>45921809
F for Heff
>>45921499
Combusken is great for that gym; not as great as Marshtomp, but still great
>>
File: COOLKID5.png (139 KB, 1400x871)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
completely forgot about this run i was doing until yesterday, finished it off
giovanni was kinda scary but i didn't write down what happened (i remember cyberfunk and somebody else nearly died)
lorelei was kinda scary thanks to bad rng once jynx got on the field, but cyberfunk cleaning up every mon before by itself meant i had lots of room to work with when it came to jynx+lapras
bruno went against a psychic type in gen 1
agatha also went against a psychic type in gen 1 but lucked out with confuse ray, so i had to fall back on chadizard and turkey to clean up
lance was a disaster, i forgot that gen 1 ai means agility was super exploitable with vileplume until it was way too late (although i still managed to avoid losing more mons to dragonite)
blue was a surprisingly straight forward fight: turkey set up agility on pidgeot and then drillpecked it and alakazam to death, chadizard dealt with rhydon, arcanine, and exeggutor, and because i had no good switch in to blastoise (cyberfunk maybe could've tanked a hit but if it died i was fucked), i sacked it so that cyberfunk could safely thunderbolt it to death.
quite sad that i didn't get to bring le fishe all the way to the end as i've really grown to appreciate seaking from this run, but it still took me really far and i managed to take a porygon all the way to the end so i can't complain
>>
>>45922443
The nosepass is a huge troll. It’s a common theme with Hoenn that every gym leader is trolly as fuck and just loves to beat Pokémon that should counter them on paper.
>>
To all the runners ITT, what's the run you're the proudest of? What about the Pokemon you're the proudest of carrying to the end?

Conversely, what run makes you want to go "Man, I wanna do that shit over"? HARD MODE: has to be a run you've won
>>
Man my last few encounters have been insane. I got a 10% Gligar on Route 45, a 20% Houndoom on Route 26 and a damn 5% Metang on Victory Road. I just really hope I don't fuck up against Silver and the e4 cause I should be able to use all of them for it
>>
>>45923230
I’m proudest of my platinum nuzlocke which I beat first try.
And my first ever nuzlocke was a wonderlocke of Y that is not impressive at all because I got a Lucario and it was easy.

Also I’m shitty drawanon with an update- I lost to fucking May....but I am not done trying.
>>
Before this run the only gen 1 I ever played was Yellow, so I never expected Erika to have a fully evolved team. Farfetch'd proved to be shittier than I expected so my rat and cat payed the price. Now it's ginding time since both Koga and Sabrina's aces are lv. 43.
>>45922445
And Focus Punch just because fuck you.
>>45923280
Good luck at the league. Against Silver put some rock mon in front of your team (Honchkrow likes to go nasty Plot+Heat Wave).
>>
>>45923904
Which May fight? Was it THE May fight?
>>
>>45923230
Carrying Dedenne through Kalos E4. Fucker couldnt one shot a gyarados
>>
Bump
>>
File: Diamond-Nuz-4.png (460 KB, 1460x1314)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
My plan to deal with the water gym went well. Trained Sakura the Cherrim to level 30 to catch with the level cap and the rest of my team. She dealt with Gyarados better than expected, but couldn't risk her not knocking him so went with Petal Dance. He healed up, insisted with it even thru confusion and she won, but then Floatzel came and she was locked in it, RIP. Chopper went in and dealt with the rest.

Now I put Krillin the Geodude in (with Exp Share for now, cant be bother to grind him up normally at this point). Will need a ground type for the end game.
>>
>>45921668
yeah, champs clause. i was in a similar spot by the time i got to frlg. was challenging but also made it fun.
>>
File: Emerald Mode Page 5.png (2.62 MB, 936x10000)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB PNG
In this page, I continue being unapologetically horny on main for Flannery and Ruby confronts his daddy issues.

Yellow: https://imgur.com/a/hzzUBuy
Crystal: https://imgur.com/a/hIBtnWy
Emerald: https://imgur.com/a/4EPIl3r

>>45909985
Less of a reference and more like blatant plagiarism.
>>45918132
>>45921499
RIP. Hopefully you have more luck now that you can have a Shedinja.
>>45921269
>>45921458
>another draw anon
Based. Keep it up, I love seeing more drawers.
>>
So far the luckiest run i had
Maylene was dealt easy by Staravia except for Lucario where i had to switch in Roselia and Prinplup
Against Wake, Luxray remained at 1 hp against Buizel and Rosalia at 1 hp after a nasty Hyperbeam of Gyarados, toxic spikes did most of the job while Prinplup stood like a rock.
Now i'm grinding up a bit for Fantina, i think i'll use Luxray since she is the only one with bite and i only need some levels to up.
>>
File: dab.gif (70 KB, 167x165)
70 KB
70 KB GIF
Got an Abra on route 116 and captured it with the great ball the devon guy gives you on the forest. I didn't even know that Abra appeared there
>>
File: 1565053166644.png (383 KB, 1051x1920)
383 KB
383 KB PNG
>>45921805
I feel lied to
>>45926528
>Vigoroth used Facade
>Melon
fucking kek
>>
>>45926775
Some part of my brain somehow forgot you can't post two images at the same time
>>
>>45924580
It was THAT May fight, yes.
>>
>>45926758
That's so fucking badass
.>>45926528
Keep it coming I'm saving these!
>>
File: kawaiipooch.jpg (51 KB, 855x935)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Shitty drawanon here. I am down, but not out. I am going to shake it up and try something different.
First reply picks my run! And I will draw it shittily!
Option 1
>1 catch per route
>faint=dead
>dupes can be caught by choice or get another chance for different species
>DARK TYPE ONLY
>level cap=gym ace
Option 2
>same rules
>GRASS TYPE ONLY
I've tried a mono grass nuzlocke of emerald several times (like 14 attempts) and lost every time. I have tried mono dark a few times and lost there as well. I even got up to beating Tate and Liza with a mono dark no items in battle run but lost to the double battle with Steven at NASA. Fucking sucked ass.
I do consider mono grass to be the much harder option, I've never even made it to Flannery and I'm not sure its possible honestly. I will try though if you want.
>>
TIL that you can stall Brawly's meditie with a lvl 6 poochyena still lost my taillow tho
>>
>>45927269
Option 1, dark mons are based.
>>
File: Gold_Nuzlocke.png (292 KB, 1500x1200)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
Starting a gold nuzlocke. Just beat Falkner. He was a jobber as usual.
>>
>>45926786
It begins
I can say with certainty that between Wattson and Flannery, I always lose my starter at this general point of gen 3.
Comic documenting the fight incoming.
Was going to post that first, but it's hard as fuck to draw dogs in action poses
>>
File: krow.png (4 KB, 171x126)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>45927488
Based and checked.
>>
File: RUNBACK #3 (FUCK MAY).png (302 KB, 1460x679)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
May's Combusken got Focus Energy off, and the crits started flying. Her moveset coverage absolutely shredded my team at this point, losing Madagascar and three other valuable Pokemon. Fortunately, I'm not totally screwed because I have a Shroomish to fill out my Grass-types (and should be good versus Watson), but this was a real rough fight man. RIP to the homies, we'll avenge you.

>>45927635
Fucking F man
>>45927503
Geodude's like the best Pokemon you can get in Johto, so lucky find!
>>45927269
Based dark-chads, looking forward to the art!
>>45926758
Sick shit anon
>>45926528
Brb googling rule 34 Flannery, great comic as usual anon. F to Thicc. Also the Kabu joke was great
>>45924145
>Seaking
BASED
>>45922935
Porygon, huh? I've always thought it was shit, but I might have to reevaluate. Good work Anon! This was Red, was it?
>>
>>45928667
>Porygon, huh? I've always thought it was shit, but I might have to reevaluate. Good work Anon! This was Red, was it?
yea, it was red
honestly there's 0% chance that porygon would've been any good if i didn't give thunderbolt and ice beam to it (both of which are obviously hard tms to give up), but it has enough bulk to make use of it (which can be supplemented by recover) and agility so it can outspeed things. i wouldn't recommend it for efficiency, but if you want to spice up your team it's surprisingly effective once you've sacrificed a goat or two
>>
beat blue. unfortunately lost Bug Mode while grinding to a crit, but it was probably for the better. team was not in a good spot for the e4, but Squilliam the Tentacruel made a huge difference.
on to yellow!
ignore Sanders and Foot Lettuce's levels, they were 63
>>45928667
brutal stuff
>>45927503
good luck anon
>>45926528
lol good shit
>>
>>45923230
Those are some questions that can spiral into a novel really easily, but in terms of Pokemon I'm proud to have taken to the end recently:

Aurorus in Y
Dewgong in HG (the only one on my team to survive the E4 and Red)
Zoroark and Gigalith in White
Leafeon and Klefki in Moon (I only wish Magmortar had made it, too, but she fell against Kukui)
Primeape and Venomoth in FR
Swalot in OR
Mothim in Platinum (who admittedly didn't do much of anything after getting to Snowpoint, but has been fun to play with in the post-game free of the threat of death)
>>
>>45923230
Probably my Leaf Green run or my recent Ruby one, because both came down to a minor member of my team fucking clutching it out. It's probably Leaf Green because it came down to my last Pokemon, a Rapidash I added to the team right before the end, managing to both outspeed Blue's Alakazam AND land an Iron Tail. It managed to do both and clean up the rest of the fight. Epona, you are a fucking legend and I'm gonna hold a special place in my heart for the Rapidash line from now on.
>>
File: Madscrub.jpg (79 KB, 624x345)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Another wipe, I'm beginning to suspect I'm cursed... This time to the Winstrate's Meditite, Hi Jump Kick just swept my ass.
>>
File: Cleaner in the car.jpg (72 KB, 1274x672)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>Get to THE may fight
>Scared af because everyone sells it as mass destruction

>3 Marshtomp tackles to put the Wingull down
>Send Shroomish against the Grovyle
>Get the stun spore in
>Tackling and healing with some lucky paralyzis in-between
>Grovyle down
>Put the slugma out of it's misery with one water gun from Marshtomp
Kind of underwhelming but not complaining
>>
Time to finish Gen7 with Ultra Moon

Had a lot more losses on this run then US. Anyway, I feel like the team is quite balanced.
>>
>>45929895
THE May fight does seem to be hyped up a little too much IMO. The only exception I can think of is if you choose Treecko, since Combusken is the strongest of the starters to have to face. And then it has Flame Charge in the remakes, which can spiral out of your control very quickly.
>>
File: 20210114_124232.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
About to go face Leon. There have been some heavy deaths like my Sudowoodo, Grimsnarl, Beheeyem, and Toxtricity. But I think we're ready.
>>
>>45929895
I mean....the may fight can definitely be tough, but it depends on your team. Its really hyped because its very RNG heavy for speedruns, but for nuzlockes it can be tough.
>>
>>45927635
Took me long enough
Some day soon that autistic deepest lore I wrote up is going to sneak its way into these comics. But __ today
>>
>>45930558
Rip the nuggie.
>left to right
based.
>>
File: um champ.png (382 KB, 785x465)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
>>45929931
It is done. Was not as easy as US was, but my team on US was way better. Still, only lost 1 mon to Hau since he critted 4 times in a row with Decidueye. Anyway, now that all games to gen 1 to 7 are done, I'll try to do SwSh if I'm able to find a decent Switch emulator. If not, I'll do some difficult hacks.
>>
File: Diamond-Nuz-5.png (507 KB, 1460x1314)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
>>45926303
Changed Krillin for Temari, the Hippowdon once I saw I didn't have a good way to deal with the Ghost gym (it learns Crunch) and holy best decision so far this run, this thing is a beast. It destroyed the Ghost and Steel gyms, and rounded my team pretty well. Also caught Sasha the Pachirisu, trash mon but covers some weakness pretty well, may end up replacing it.

Ah yea and Temari is female, don't know why when I change gender the image gets fucked.
>>
File: Triple JUST.jpg (45 KB, 366x437)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>Reach mauville
>Counting on Breloom/Marshtomp and maybe Kadabra to get through Watson
>Marshtomp jobs to a roserade before the gym
Be honest with me bros, Is there any hope left?
>>
>>45930742
My team was stuck with just a Combusken and a Mightyena. The rest of my team was composed of flying and water-types.
If I can beat him, so can you anon
>>
>>45926528
>>45930558
Based comic anons
>>
File: Triple KWAB.jpg (9 KB, 247x204)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>45930790
The plan now is to lvl up Whismur and teach Loudred flamethrower and teach Kadabra psychic, although i'll have to expend some time in the game corner
>>
>>45930742
show your box
>>
File: Current team.png (498 KB, 1366x768)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
>>45930876
I only have a lvl 9 Tentacool in box
>>
File: 1563822155928.png (313 KB, 827x720)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>tfw you lose a blissey in the E4 to explosion
>wipe at the champion bc no blissey
i wish I knew glalie knew explode beforehand
>>
>>45917161
Morty was, of course, with an umbreon and stantler, a pushover, however, I lost culled in an unfair battle against some ace trainer bitch with a poliwhirl, I boxed Spooner in favor of the newest member of the team, Totem the Natu. Roxxy, the MVP of the team, ended up evolving into graveler, and I caught myself a Lapras
>>
I have no fighting coverage to deal with SacredGold Whitney - how fucked am I?
>>
>>45932362
Show team
>>
File: 4.png (361 KB, 1151x876)
361 KB
361 KB PNG
>>45932401
Bubby does have Drain Punch but I don't think that's going to be enough
best bet might be to get Jethro to 33 for Earthquake
>>
>>45932527
Graveler should be able to tank properly. Maybe you can get a couple of rock polish in too
>>
File: After wattson.png (434 KB, 1366x768)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
The only reason i won is because Iggy got some sand attacks on the Manectric who ended up with like 4 or 5 attack boosts
Green Day undisputed MVP so far
>>
>>45926677
It had to happen: Croagunk deals with Drifblim, Mismagius fucking psybeam him to hell, Luxray deals with it, get poisoned by Gengar before finishing the fight with 14hp. Not enough to reach the pokemon center and while still in the gym i get the message, but instead of fainting he is cured by the poison with 1 hp. Was it luck or 4th gen removed poison fainting, i don't remember? If it's the second should i consider him dead?

>>45932914
That's some scary shit, are you doing no item?
>>
File: Part #1.png (284 KB, 1460x640)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
Ok, new run, new me. This time, no losses before Roxanne! Woo!

>>45932914
Godspeed anon, Breloom's a beast
>>45932277
Based as fuck Johto team
>>45930737
>hippowdon
sick choice anon
>>
>>45921141
Finally got past that bastard even though he managed to get someone on his way out.Fuck Cheren,fuck Hugh cause I hate him for existing and fuck jannies.
>>
>>45933617
>Dustox and beautifly
Nice
>>
>>45930648
yuzu works pretty solidly for switch emulation
>>
Is safari zone one area or 4?
>>
>>45934062
I'd count it as one area, same as a multifloor cave.
>>
>Smackjeeves closed down
Is "It's a hard life" lost forever?
>>
File: 500px-131Lapras.png (149 KB, 500x500)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
Do people generally use the gift/game corner pokemon and are static pokemon counted as a separate area generally?
>>
>>45934124
I count them for the area i got them from
>>
File: bruh.png (392 KB, 1464x881)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
Been a bit and havent made too much progress RIP. Thinking after this gym i might swap out crowbat and luxray. For a gengar & rhyperior maybe even grind up a fire type just for the next gym. Any thoughts?
>>
>>45934117
https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/its-a-hard-life-finished.2092/
Has links too all of it on their deviant art
>>
>>45934210
thanks
>>
Been sooo long since I did one of these, figured I'd mix it up by randomizing types/abilities.
Not even one Gym in and drawing these is fun as hell. This gon be good.

>>45927635
>>45930558
This is excellent, glad the paintlocke spirit is still thriving while I was away
>>
>>45934195
I don't think you'll need to swap out anything for Candice, given that you have a Luxray (with Crunch most likely), an Empoleon (which you can easily fit Flash Cannon on and probably has Surf), and a Gallade, all of which can manhandle her team

After that though, yeah it could be useful to swap them in, or at least grind them up so if the E4 goes bad you have backup options
>>45934124
I'd generally count static encounters as being from the area they're found in. And honestly it depends on the Pokemon. If it's something like an Eevee or the Lapras I'd use it, but something like the free Mega Lucario in X/Y I'd avoid
>>
It was fun /nuz/. But with these sinnoh "leaks" i think we'll die for a month again. Does /nuz/ have a discord?
>>
my first hardcore Nuzlocke bros, what am I in for?
>>
>>45934616
this is pretty cool anon
>>
Bump. Don't let the DiaPer hype kill this thread.
>>
File: Fuschia.png (1.2 MB, 1320x861)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>45918522
Had my first loss in this Nuzlocke. Latifah the Nidoqueen fell to a Wild Snorlax but thanks to her I was able to catch it so her sacrifice was not in vain.
>>
>>45937432
>adamant nature
I am so sorry bro
>>
>>45936878
>discord
>>
i just don't know what to nuzlocke anymore, i completed hg/ss, platinum, emerald, FR/LG, crystal, bw(2)... is there any game left which doesn't have megashit, dynamax or z-moves?
>>
>>45939199
D/P and R/S
>>
File: 1608750183513.jpg (102 KB, 598x578)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>45939234
nah fuck this, i do flying monotype run on FR/LG.
>>
File: sneed.png (133 KB, 1486x987)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
i am ready bros
>>
>>45939328
>Not BASED DUX
>>
>>45939342
i did type/area zones with the randomizer, i fucked it up. i just do a complete randomized pokemon run (only pokemon).
>>
File: Gold_Nuzlocke_2.png (232 KB, 1500x1200)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>45927503
Bugsy is down. Might bring Wooper out of the box due to my team's crippling rock weakness.
>>45937432
Due to your Geodude being dead, earlygame is going to suck. Have fun dealing with Bugsy and Whitney.
>>
>>45937432
You're in for FUN. Seriously, this ruleset makes for some tense moments. Even if you lose, you'll get better at nuzlocking and can try again. It makes you think very hard about pivoting and conserving health.
>>
>>45939377
the generator fucked up my picture. What's going on with that.
>>
File: ready.png (27 KB, 1510x989)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
just began my randomized fr/lg run bros, starters were lickitung, dodrio, cubone
>>
File: dark boys.jpg (3.67 MB, 4032x3024)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
Its fucking time bros. I finally found a seedot after looking for like 3 hours last night. I now remember why I stopping attempting this nuzlocke...
>>
How do you handle gen 8 nuzlockes like wild area encounters etc?
Is the wild area just 1 area? For those who have done a nuzlocke, how is the experience?
>>
File: Fallarbor town team.png (427 KB, 1366x768)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>45932914
In Fallarbor town rn. Looks like this is gonna be my team for the foreseeable future, gonna have to grind for a while but it's basically become a tradition before every gym
>>
>>45939780
That is the toughest part about nuzlockes, regrinding for an entire team at points. That's what happened to me when I attempted comicanon's ruleset, the turbo autism level cap made it so I literally had 1 survivor for each major fight and had to rebuild. Eventually it wasn't enough and Flannery stomped me.
That's a very good team though, it could work. Seems like a good offensive core with some tanks to back it up.
Kadabra (especially if you're getting zam eventually) is great, breloom is a GOAT as you know. Numel is weak, but once you get camerupt he is surprisingly good. Solos Winona and the first two elite four members with ease.
Tentacruel will be amazing for Drake if you teach ice beam, Altaria and Weezing should be able to tank lots of general hits. You have lots of pivots for your weaknesses, except flying kinda. But weezing should eat any flying hits unless its boosted.
You may want to give Altaria ice beam too, or if weezing can learn it that'd be great. I think you should be able to handle Glacia with breloom if you can bulk up once....zam will clean up.
>>
File: Dork Kingston.png (307 KB, 580x398)
307 KB
307 KB PNG
>>45940109
The problem is that the lvl cap for the Lavaridge gym is 29 which means i can't evolve any of my current mons (except Kadabra) until after the gym. My biggest hope right now is to get a Sandshrew at the Route 111 desert and lvl it up
>>
File: Time to kill myself.gif (1.13 MB, 864x878)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
>You can only access the Route 111 desert after getting the Heat badge
>>
File: After flannery.png (389 KB, 1366x768)
389 KB
389 KB PNG
>>45939780
The gym went way better than expected
Jelly OHKO'd the first three mons, without sun set up the Torkoal was way easier, Aloha got a magnitude in but the body slam both hit hard and paralyzed so i sacked Purple Haze to get Jelly in and finish it off
>>
>>45940149
>>45940343
Oof
>>45940742
Badass!
>>
What nuzlocke comic should i read now that i finished It's a hard life?
>>
>>45939662
The Wild Area has a gazillion subsections with
>Different names
>Different encounter tables.
It's basically Pinwheel forest times 12. Only trouble is that catching levels is tied to badges so you need to look up where you can go so your encounter doesnt go to waste.
>Is the wild area just 1 area? For those who have done a nuzlocke, how is the experience?
Not as bads as X/Y ORAS. In fact the game expects you to be overleveled after Kabu because the levels go from high 20s to wild encounters being 29/30, so make sure to grind a tiny bit.
>>
started yellow yesterday, but wiped to misty early this morning. Jerry West's special was garbage and crits did the team in. Yellow attempt #2 has yielded much better results, just finished off the rival fight on the ss anne.
>>45937432
hgss is fun to nuzlocke even if it's long. good luck ano-
>adamant quilava
F
>>
>>45941763
The anon doing a comic of emerald currently has a yellow and crystal run that are very entertaining. Maybe he would post them!
>>
>>45941763
>>45941885
Yellow: https://imgur.com/a/hzzUBuy
Crystal: https://imgur.com/a/hIBtnWy
Emerald: https://imgur.com/a/4EPIl3r

Here's his links, he's still posting Emerald if you check the thread.
>>
File: Part #2.png (294 KB, 1460x724)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
Well, this was a first. I felt pretty well-equipped to fight Brawly, but fuck me if his Machop doesn't crit Aurel on the very first hit he gets off, insta-killing it in one blow. Well fuck. Fortunately, Lina and Mireska managed to handled the rest of his team, but I'm just in utter shock that he just fucked my Taillow in one-shit. Ah well. Onto to Slateport & May.

>>45941852
GL with this run jb, that's a fire squad so far.
>>45940742
Rough loss, but good job making it through that fight mostly intact, that Torkoal is a monster
>>45939426
Isn't Seedot like a 1% encounter rate in Emerald lol? Anyways, good luck Anon.
>>45939377
I see your Geodude's bio, but unironically keep it for the rest of the game. IMO its one of the top five encounters you can possibly get in Johto.
>>45938082
>losing Nidoqueen
F
>getting Snorlax
Based
>>
File: GodsChosenPorygon.png (39 KB, 457x125)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>45934195
Pain
Gods Chosen Porygon has been struck down
>>
>>45942612
He's running over glow-in-the-dark CIA in heaven, Anon.
>>
About to start a fire red run
What starter should I go with?
>>
>>45942797
Fire up the randomizer, randomize ONLY the starters, and give us the options then.
>>
>>45942797
Bulba
>>
Nuzfriends! Give me a DS game to Nuzlocke!
>>
>>45942945
Black
>>
>you can get mankey before brock
I swear I've played this game so much, but never encountered a mankey near the second town
>>
>>45942945
Platinum
>>
is pokemon challenges the best nuzlocker in the world
>>
File: TRIGGERED3.png (247 KB, 471x396)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>45933621
>Make it to Roxie
>Suddenly Kyurem
>Dragon Rage lmao
Round 4 soonish,God I hate Unova.
>>
File: gold nuzlocke 3.png (358 KB, 1500x790)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>45939377
The generator seems to be working again, and my picture came out okay. Anyways, I beat Whitney, but lost Geodude to a random Rollout crit.
>>45942580
>I see your Geodude's bio, but unironically keep it for the rest of the game. IMO its one of the top five encounters you can possibly get in Johto.
Why? Every time I do a Johto run, they usually die by the fourth gym. They have a ton of weaknesses and piss poor special defense.
>>45942797
Bulbasaur is the most optimal choice due to it beating Brock and Misty. Personally, I let my trainer ID decide my starter. 1-3 is grass, 4-6 is fire, 7-9 is water, and 0 means I get to choose.
>>45942945
Platinum is bretty fun.
>>
>>45942951
Aye, a much appreciated choice. Those are my favorite games in the series. Absolutely love the variety of Bug types in them, so the adventures of Bugchad commence. Really auspicious start, too, with Cheren getting three crits in the Trainer School, one of which was an Assist Water Gun onto Fidel "The Faithful" Tepig, here.
>>
>>45943265
If I die again I'll just do a 1 Generation only Limit in randomizing,might just turn Unova into Kanto,Hoenn or something.
>>
>>45943286
>fishhe is the mvp
Yeah, get used to that.
Quagsire is unimaginably based.
>>
>>45943265
>>45943320
You know you can turn off broken moves like Dragon Rage in the randomizer, right retard?
>>
>>45943329
Seems like a bitch move ngl
>>
File: Rip.png (457 KB, 420x560)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>>45942726
Aint a better thing than that
>>
Progress has been made, everybody's got themselves nice and evolved. Might be cycling out Cassie soon because this team needs some fucking type variety.
Maybe Monday
>>
File: BugChad001.png (94 KB, 1460x869)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
God, I forgot how fucking rough early B/W were. Oran Berry + Potion on a L12 Lillipup with Work Up at a point in the game where you can't even overcome the EXP scaling (average level wilds are L5) with Audino grind. Losing Fidel is a big blow, especially with Lenora and Burgh coming up. But Bugchad will persevere (and hopefully get a fucking Timburr, PLEASE).

If all else fails, Lady "Crazy Eyes" Sanpaku has Detect to thwart that first turn Retaliate from Lenora's own Watchog. We'll see how this goes.
>>
>>45943329
Yeah but where's the fun in that?Only Wonder Guard is turned off early because screw that.
>>
>>45943683
The fun is in not losing a Nuzlocke because of a 100% accurate move at a point in the game where it's a guaranteed OHKO. I'd keep it in for a standard run, but limiting the randomizer a bit more for a Nuzlocke is perfectly understandable.
>>
>>45937626
Thanks. Sadly I've gotta restart, some of the settings were fucked up
>>
>>45942580
Yeah....it’s 1%. It took many many hours of grass running to get him
>>
>>45943663
Early gen 5 games are fucking brutal to nuzlocke
>>
File: BugChad002.png (147 KB, 1460x870)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>45943825
Yyyyep. Here's my party pre-Gym grind in Nacrene. Picked up my own little Rolling Stone here, Miss Ruby Tuesday, in the cave. Then Route 10 had me hoping for a Timburr. Well, I got the 10% Sawk chance! Super cool, except for the part where he OHKO'd Brock Lee with Double Kick. Thankfully, Ruby was able to hold him in place with Sand Attack long enough for a Great Ball to capture the dick.

I think that between Ruby's Rock Smash and Normal resistance and Baloni's absurd stats, Lenora should go much more smoothly than Cress did.
>>
>>45943972
And, that was short-lived. Baloni went down at 3/4 HP to a single crit Low Kick from a wild Timburr. Thanks, Gen V. Loving the crit rate.
>>
File: BugChad003.png (114 KB, 1458x870)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
Even without Baloni the Sawk, the sheer STACY energy that Crazy-Eyes Sanpaku has been radiating since her evolution secured the win, stymieing Lenora's Herdier's Take Down spam with Confuse Ray cheese. Then Ruby Tuesday handily Chesto'd through a Hypnosis, boosted, and struck down the pretender to the Watchog throne.

please god let this run stop being so disastrous I just want a team
>>
>>45917161
Newfag here how do I make randomizers for emulators? I was going to download desmume one if that works
Wanted to try out a randomizer nuzlocke for hgss
>>
>>45944320
https://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/downloads.php
Here ya go, lad. Just load up your ROM into that program and choose the settings you want, then export. Couldn't be easier, and there's tons of things you can do to fine-tune it to the randomized run you want.
>>
>>45944320
https://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/
Search a yt tutorial if you really need to
>>
>>45944332
Sweet thanks. I thought it would be a lot harder honestly
>>
>>45930344
>>45930344
Final Result, Here's how it went down.
>Aegislash
Sent out Karen first to get out a Dragon Dance Earthquake. Instead of opening up with king's shield, like how I thought he would, he goes for a flash cannon leaving here at 87hp. Manage to pull off the DD Earthquake and he goes down in one hit
>Mr. Rime
Switch out to Franny IMMEDIATELY and she eats a not very effective freeze-dry. She returns this in kind with a critical hit pyro ball sending the clown out for the count.
>Haxorus
Bring out Riley and pray he doesn't open with Iron Tail, he instead uses Poison jab. Use Hail and Leon then desperately tries to hit her with Iron tail as she sets up 3 additional double teams. 2 Blizzards later thanks to the guaranteed hit from Hail he goes down.
>Dragapult
Seeing that Riley is basically invisible she starts to launch Shadow balls at the Pseudo-legendary taking it down easy.
>Inteleon
Switch out to MJ so that he can set up a Grassy Terrain. Dark Pulse hits a lot harder than I thought so 1/3 Full restores are used to bring him back up. It then becomes a war of attrition Petal Blizzard deals damage but Grassy Terrain is healing us both up and Leon uses a Full Restore to undo the work MJ puts in. 4 Blizzards later he goes down.
>Charizard
Send in Monica and she eats a G-Max Grass move knocking her down to 40 HP. The entire Gigantamax fight is basically me using my last 2 Full restores and getting 1 surf in. Charizard now in the Yellow and Monica at full health Victory looks assured. Charizard uses Fire Blast and instantly kills Monica, yep, she got FUCKING Greninja'd. Switch into Karen and hope to god rock tomb hits. It does and Charizard and the Champion Cup are defeated.
>>
File: BugChad004.png (160 KB, 1459x869)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
I've never been brutalized this hard on a vanilla game Nuzlocke, man. Bugchad FINALLY got himself his first Bug, a cute little Venipede, in Pinwheel Forest. A... Modest Venipede. Alright, not great, but we can make it work! But Serenity fell victim to her trainer's unfortunate retardation- he forgot that Timburr got Rock Throw. Of course, when the other options for that fight were a Normal type and a Rock type, we were fucked all around.

Got to Castelia and INSTANTLY bee-lined to the desert to at least get a third team-member, PLEASE. Sandile, well... it's not a Darumaka, but maybe we can do SOMETHING against Burgh.

Oh. He's Modest, too. N-Nice.
>>
>>45944458
>getting BURASTO BAAN'd at the champion
That's rough. Could be worse, though.
>>
File: pkmccNLsketches 1.png (1004 KB, 1000x1333)
1004 KB
1004 KB PNG
>>45922402
>>45922604
oh damn this threads still up
ok well here's some sketches from the beginning of my crystal clear run, currently at pewter city, decided to save blue for last so brock is up first
caught a diglet in the cave and made a scary getaway from a lv32 dugtrio who used dig
>>
File: pkmnccsketches 2.jpg (1.13 MB, 4319x2410)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
>>45944588
shellder should replace seel for sure
>>
>>45944588
>>45944598
Adorable sketches, man. Love your style.
>>
>>45944588
Nice artstyle my dude
>>
I love all these drawings lately
>>
File: Goodbye to you al.jpg (65 KB, 512x382)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>45944458
>"Goodbye to you all, Franny, Karen, and yes, even you Riley."
>>
Attempt two under way.
For some reason when I randomized types and movesets last time, boss teams wouldn't update. Literally every ordinary trainer had updated moves, but Gyms/Rival would keep their vanilla move pool. So I've randomized trainer teams too now, predictably bosses are much harder now.
Brock had a Sudowoodo, not sure what type (either Bug or Grass I believe, it took a SE sun-boosted Flame Wheel easily though) , that was fucking my shit up. Lost Flameo and Ledybot just to take it down.
>>
>>45944744
>Bug/Ice Beedrill
Jesus, that poor thing is just about as frail as physically possible.
>>
>>45944750
Yeah he got one hit by a stray Metal Claw already since I posted the pic lol..
>>
File: BugChad005.png (162 KB, 1459x868)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
Post-Burgh status. I hate to do it, but with the team I had, I had little choice but to grind Ruby Tuesday up to 25 (a bit past Burgh's ace) to get the stat boost she'd need as a Boldore to both endure Leavanny's Razor Leaf crits and take the bitch down quickly with Rock Blast. Gnawmean has been hanging tough so far, but hasn't exactly wowed me. Sanpaku is starting to fall off, but I'm hoping Hyper Fang will turn that around when she gets it.

Next few stops: Cheren's desert fight, Relic Palace to get TWO new teammates (fossil and catch), and Nimbasa City.
>>
File: Future Kanto champs.png (416 KB, 1300x1312)
416 KB
416 KB PNG
Second half of Kanto went by really fast.
>Scratch solo'd Koga and earned himself two sweet TMs.
>Thrill struggled a little with the "Recover at full health" spam from Kadabra and Alakazam but earned the Marsh badge all by itself.
>Underdog swept Blaine as expected.
>Sugar Lips boosted once and Giovanni was done.
>Even The Batter had some fun destroying the fighting dojo and the karate men at Viridian gym.
>Hugo, being a living pon pon cheerleaded in every fight.
And now everyone is lv. 59 and ready for the league.There's no freeloading tho, everyone will have to take part in at leeast one fight (even Farfetch'd) but I think we have a good chance to end it with everyone alive.
>>45934616
That Diglet had me laughing for a good while.
>>45944588
>>45944598
These are really good, so much personality.
>>45944744
That Beedrill really doesn't want to live, huh?
>>
Didn't remember Cyrus fight on top of mount Coronet to be this bad. Rapidash got fucked over by Weavile X Scissor in one hit, nearly lost Golem too.
>>
File: BugChad006.png (287 KB, 1457x869)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
fucking FINALLY
I had forgotten that Desert Resort and Route 4 were separate areas, so I actually managed to pick up three new encounters. The team finally has something of an answer for Fighting and Grass types with the additions of Flambe Harambe the Darumaka, Osiris the Yamask, and Petrie the Archen. (Really would have preferred a Tirtouga, but I NEEDED that Flying type and couldn't bear another team member weak to Fighting)
>>
File: Thank you Thrill.png (3 KB, 160x144)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>45944940
Green is done, everyone pulled their weight.
>Lorelei: Hugo Body Slams everything after maxing evasion.
>Bruno:Sugar Lips takes care of the two Onix. The Batter cleans after a SD with a little sleep support.
>Agatha: Can't tell if she was being brilliant or retarded. She kept switching Gengar for Golbat to avoid EQs, Then switching Gengar for everyone else to get desimated and when her ace was all alone she only used Dream Eater.
>Lance: Thrill destroys Gyarados, then leaves Dragonair nª 1 at -6 Accuracy. Underdog comes in, maxes speed while dodging Hyper Beams and Ice Beams everyone else.
>Rival: Pidgeot is no match for Thrill and Alakazam takes his place. I try to lower his accuracy after Light Screen but 2 out of 3 Flashes miss before my ball gets killed by a crit Psychic. Hugo goes to +6 evasion while he Recovers at full health or spams Reflect and kills Alakazam, Rhydon and Gyarados (who landed a Hidro Pump). Scratch ends Charizard With Rock Slide. We are the champions!
Next: Red.
>>
File: MORTY_DOWN.png (420 KB, 1500x822)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>45943286
I really like it when I use some obscure Pokemon and it becomes an mvp. Case in point, Girafarig really gud.
>>
>>45945105
I just fucking galaxy brained an encounter without realizing it and found a killer combo. Osiris's Mummy can pass on to an enemy, whom Petrie can attack and lose Defeatist from. These fellas are going STRAIGHT to the League, and ain't nothing stopping us!

>>45945385
Congrats, champ! Keep us updated!
>>
File: BugChad007.png (312 KB, 1460x920)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
Post-Elesa status:

Gnawmean truly showed his power today! Osiris crippled the Emolgas with two Will-O-Wisps and let my croc boi sweep the whole thing with a couple X-Defends, Moxie, Rock Tomb, and Dig. I actually have someone in the box for once, my oldest friend Crazy-Eyes Sanpaku got herself a better STAB move than Tackle, and everyone is pulling more than their weight. Despite an incredibly rocky start, things seem to be looking up in Unova!
>>
how to evolve my machoke? im playing soulsilver using desmume ROM
>>
>>45945678
You can't, obviously. At least not vanilla. If that's a concern, consider running your ROMs through the Randomizer and changing only impossible evolutions.
>>
>>45945685
ah okay. thanks anon
>>
>>45945678
universal randomizer has a setting to disable trade evos
or just use Pkhex and change machoke into a machamp, I don't know if you need a clean save to edit with the randomizer or not
>>
File: 5.png (379 KB, 1162x806)
379 KB
379 KB PNG
Morty would have been trivial for Dozer (even a neutral nature with Thick Club is disgusting) if every fucking ghost type in existence didn't get Levitate - thankfully I had a Shadow Claw TM and Waffles tore through everything
unfortunately there were casualties
Cool Ranch wasn't too big a loss but Jethro hurts
we regroup and move on
>>
>>45945794
>putting a Ghostbusters reference on your Ghost buster
12/10
>>
File: 1603515577842.jpg (24 KB, 493x367)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>wild poliwhirl gets SHEER COLD off a fucking metronome
>it misses
why is this allowed
>>
File: BugChad008.png (287 KB, 1448x864)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
I knew going in that Clay would be a rough one. My team wasn't exactly geared to take out any of his, particularly not that damn Excadrill. So I made a few quick changes. I traded my Minccino for the Adamant Basculin in Driftveil and let him fill in for Flambe Harambe for this battle. And I gave Sanpaku Grass Knot so she could handle the Palpitoad.

Things went about as well as I could have hoped. Petrie OHKO'd the Krokorok, and Sanpaku did exactly what she knew she had to, switching in and even dodging the Muddy Water, then 2HKOing the Palpitoad with minimal damage. But... minimal is still some, and Excadrill was up to bat. I couldn't risk a switch-in. Even Osiris, whom I wanted to bring in so that I could burn the Excadrill, might not be able to handle two shots from that monster. My only hope was an outspeed Confuse Ray. She didn't.

The burn went off, and the Basculin did his job. Clay is down, all thanks to the sacrifice of Lady "Crazy-Eyes" Sanpaku, the Watchog, my first capture, the stolid sentinel that carried us through the early game storm. Rest in peace, girl.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
So, I am assuming in Saffron city you get the Lapras over the hitmon. In Celedon do you get the Eevee or one of the game corner pokemon? The options in red are Abera, Clefairy, Nidorina, Dratini, Scyther, and > Porygon at game corner.
Also what do the fossils count as? Do they count as cinebar lab or Cinnabar Island or Mt Moon for Omanyte/Kabuto and Pewter for Aerodactyl?
>>
>>45946290
Saffron is up to you- Hitmonlee is a powerhouse and not a bad choice at all.
Celadon, I'd generally go Eevee just for the ability to fill several possible holes in your team that may exist either at that time or in the future with a death.
For the fossils, I'd say they count as where they're revived- so Cinnabar Island for the Moon fossils and Pewter for Aero. However, I'd say that the ruined mansion in Cinnabar is its own area, so you're clear to make a catch there if you revive a fossil.
>>
>>45946303
I thought you get the old amber in pewter but use it in Cinnabar? Is the water around Cinnabar considered the previous and later route?
>>
>>45946325
Right you are, I went full retard. So you get one fossil choice in Cinnabar, then. As for the waters, I'm pretty sure the waters for the first two tiles or so around Cinnabar are still Cinnabar, hence why the Missingno glitch works there. Past that point, they're their own routes.
>>
>>45946333
So I need to use a repel when I get close to the island
>>
File: 1607644674281.png (36 KB, 154x218)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
shamelessly bouncing around kanto in hgss and abusing dupes clause to guarantee a houndour.
>>
File: 1351446528869.jpg (9 KB, 300x299)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>emerald randomizer
>lose Sudowoodo, one of my best party members, to a Destiny Bond out of fucking nowhere

God damn it man. God fucking damn it.
>>
File: BugChad009.png (303 KB, 1447x865)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
Pre-Skyla status:

THE 6TH SLOT OF MY TEAM IS FUCKING CURSED. Sanpaku left her batshit crazy curse on my boys as she gave her last breath. I've lost three separate 'mons trying to raise them, all of them to mega horseshit. Ended up bringing ole' Redeye from the Clay fight back on, just to have a proven nigga on hand. However, with the evolutions of Flambe Harambe and Osiris, I think we're still in good shape. And Petrie should be evolving soonishly, too.
>>
>>45944744
Breezed through the next couple of Gyms. Rob is an absolute beast, and the rest of the team is shaping up nicely.
I'm being lazy with the boxed mons, sue me.

>>45946717
large F
>>
>>45947182
Your drawings are brilliant in their simplicity.
>>
>>45947067
I just lost Petrie literally the battle he would have evolved. I expected an attack to KO a Musharna, but didn't take Defeatist kicking in into account. Psybeam finished off the little guy. He was right there.

That... about took the wind out of my sails for today. See you boys tomorrow.
>>
>>45947182
that swellow looks terrified of its own existence
>>
>>45947332
>I just want to hold my family... why can these arms only destroy?
>>
There's a sword file listed but not any emulators for switch. Is there currently a way to emulate switch games like Citra/VBA/DesuMeme?
>>
>>45945678
Melonds allows you to trade

>>45947346
Yuzu
>>
>>45947768

doesnt yuzu require some header files from a switch before you can use it?
>>
>>45947775
You can find them on the emugen wiki
>>
>>45943589
This creature is too powerful
>>
File: Emerald Mode Page 6.png (2.63 MB, 1235x10000)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
>>45926528
Sorry the page is a bit short. I didn't think I could squeeze the whole Winona fight in.

>>45930558
RIP Nugget. It always hurts to lose a starter.
>>45939426
Hope you have better luck with this run than the others. And hope you keep up the updates.
>>45944588
>>45944598
Holy shit I love this artstyle.
>>45947182
And yours too. It's so simple, but you probably wouldn't even need to say what type the mon is with how well your drawings convey it.
>>
About to do a bit of training in Oreburgh Mine before the gym. I'd like to get Floren and Praxis to 13-ish, and Finch and Corvin to a usable level.

Sometimes I wish I could speed up the Nintendo DS like you can with emulators.
>>
>>45948352
Flannery's Torkoal isn't killing anyone today
Fucker nearly swept my team in OR.
>>
>>45949013
Post-Gym and Mirage Tower update
>>
yeah no yeah it's actually really cool that Poliwrath only gets access to two physical water moves in all of gen 4
super good
>>
>>45930737
Finishing preparations for the E4, close to lvl 60 on everyone. No casualties thru the rest of the game, gonna use the same team. Will post as soon as I finish it.
>>
>lost kate to a critical poison sting from the last trainer in viridian forest
I swear are all rattatas made out of glass?
On my way to mount moon. Hopefully I can get a nice encounter
>>
File: 1607047567338.jpg (36 KB, 600x338)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
How do i "evolve" my Kadabra with PKHeX?
>>
>>45949990
>open your save file in pkhex
>click on the pokemon you want to edit
>edit the pokemons species to its evolved form
>drag and drop the edited pokemon over the old one
>export your new save and save over the old one
>>
>>45949990
Nevermind i just evolved it through trade
>>
File: Intense stare.jpg (7 KB, 545x265)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>Enter Norman's gym
>Instantly lose 2 mons to the first trainer
>>
File: ivCuB9S.jpg (97 KB, 435x435)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>start game in red
>catch 2 rattata
>immediately lose all 3 pokemon to route 22 rifle fight
>>
File: Gold Nuzlocke 5.png (336 KB, 1270x830)
336 KB
336 KB PNG
>>45945405
Chuck is down. Girafarig is still really good because of Baton Pass shenanigans.
>>45950510
>>45950747
>>45949938
f
>>
>>45948368
Props for using the thinking mans version of Shelly
>Lore
Oh shit

I am expecting a loss or two at Winona
>>
File: Diamond-Nuz-6.png (512 KB, 1460x1314)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>>45949788
RIP lost my run against Cynthia, first time I lose in the end :(. Also first time not using items so there's that as well. I got to her without much trouble, losing only Sasha against Lucian's Alakazam,

Jiraiya took care of Spiritomb without problems, Roserade was dealt with Law and then came Milotic. Brave Bird dealt like 70% dmg, and died by Ice Beam. Decided to go with Machamp, he could easily take 2 attacks and a Cross Chop was likely to kill it, but Ice Beam froze him AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Had to salvage a lot because of it, still was able to kill it and Gastrodon but had no hp left to deal with Lucario. And didn't even saw Garchomp.

Still happy to get this far.
>>
>>45951026
F
Falling to Cynthia is no dishonor at all. She's probably the toughest champion there is.
>>
File: Diamond-Nuz-7-RIP.png (224 KB, 1460x889)
224 KB
224 KB PNG
>>45951026
Just updating the image. Now don't know if I'll try another run on Diamond, or maybe another one of the same gen. Or just take a little break from nuzlocking.
>>
>>45950747
>try a second time
>literally first rival battle
>rival does tail whip a bunch of times
>hits me with tackle twice and kills me game over
REEEEE
>>
File: BugChad010.png (301 KB, 1457x862)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
Back at it after the unfortunate loss of Petrie the Archen last night, we've replaced him with Peter (Tran)Quill! Brycen fell easily enough, so we're on to Dragonspiral Tower. Getting to the lategame of Black now. Was REALLY hoping for a Druddigon encounter, but got the level-50-evolving Mienfoo instead. In the box THAT one stays.
>>
File: After norman.png (162 KB, 1366x768)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
>>45940742
I was scared shitless to battle Norman so i took my time to make a foolproof plan. I compared stats, or,ganized the pair ups, grinded and took advantage of the AI, here's what i did
>Kill the spinda with Alakazam since a psybeam will do more than a 40 bp mach punch
>Send breeloom against the vigoroth since that one could easily kill my alakazam
>Linoone goes down with two mach punches as well
>Slaking comes out to start the actual fight
>Normally slaking could be an easy wipe but i had a plan
>Sandslash has the best defense in he team by far and it isn't weak to any of slaking's attacks. However i couldn't just send it to tank a stab move
>Step 1: switch to solrock to bait the feint attack and send sandslash to tank. The best case scenario by far
>Still does short of half my health but there's no reason to panic since it's time for...
>Step 2: use dig in the truant turn making it so every time the slaking can actually hit i'm underground
>Uses counter which has -5 priority
>Dig hits and sandslash goes down
>Two breloom mach punches to finish the fight
Now that i managed to survive Norman it's time to set my sights on the flying gym
>>
File: cursed pixel.png (57 KB, 640x958)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
Life is so very frustrating sometimes.
>>
>>45951867
rip
>>
>>45951867
look at that bastard
he knows what he did
>>
File: F.png (40 KB, 639x955)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Here, at the far reaches of Unova, in the Surf-locked Route 18, we came to rest and recover. To gather new teammates in a land that should have been safe.

One Basculin did this. Peter missed a Fly and ate a crit Aqua Tail. Ruby Tuesday came in for an easy Rock Slide clean-up. She missed both, and the second Aqua Tail max-rolled her. Gnawmean, despite having a solid 6 levels over the fish, was outsped and oneshot. Flambe Harambe only survived by virtue of an Aqua Tail miss.

Friends, this is a hard loss to overcome.
>>
File: Capture.png (21 KB, 756x286)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>45952283
Behold, the face of a merciless god.
>>
>>45952312
Fuck him
>>
>>45952283
>>45952312
Basculin seems like it would suck at first glance but it really is no joke. RIP, good luck salvaging the run.
>>
File: After winona.png (163 KB, 1366x768)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
Lmao at Winona for being the easiest leader so far
After dealing with the swablu she decided to send altaria, an ice beam wasn't enough to do the job and with a dragon dance on that altaria could've been a real problem, if it didn't for a second one that is. The hardest part of the fight was switching between Jelly and Muhammad, not only that but this is the first gym where i didn't lose a single mon
>>
>>45952806
Dabbing on Gym Leaders when they greed is always a good feeling.
>>
File: Wojak serving the drink.gif (163 KB, 1702x1384)
163 KB
163 KB GIF
>>45952831
Cheers to that
>>
File: 6.png (402 KB, 1194x897)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
the last of the old guard is dead, god rest their souls
Chuck's team was mostly a breeze but his Hitmonchan was out for fucking blood
Bubba can rest easy knowing she stalled out half the team alone before eating a crit Ice Punch
Jasmine SHOULD be reasonable with my current team still kicking but I expect some shenanigans
>>
>>45952955
>Bubba and Waffles both downed
Fucking F. Please bring Jackpot back to carry on in their names.
>>
>>45952955
Jesus dude, with that team, you can't even walk through the tall grass without everyone getting knocked the fuck out. A leaf carried by a stiff breeze is a TPK waiting to happen.
>>
File: Part #3.png (291 KB, 1460x724)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
Beat May, and the fight went down super easily. Having Shroomish/Combusken for this portion of the game makes it super easily. A little nervous with Watson coming up, but if I have Combusken + maybe Breloom, I shouldn't be too worried right? (Famous last words...)

>>45949013
>swole as shit Azumarill
Pretty accurate
>>45952955
They were too good for this world. Fuck up the rest of the region for their legacy.
>>45952806
Great job anon, Winona always gives me problems. Proud of you.
>>45952283
This is painful to see, I'm sorry anon. Lucky for you, Darmanitan is an amazing Pokemon, so you can salvage this. Keep moving forward!
>>45951082
>>45951026
I wiped against Steven this Sapphire leg of my run, so no shame losing to the hardest one in the franchise. Implore you to give whirl another whirl, winning this one the next time is gonna feel amazing.
>>
>>45953116
yeah I just popped back to New Bark hoping to fish up a Shellder but came away with a fuckin Chinchou instead
I'm fucking drowning in water types (no pun intended)
might pull Lep or Gouda out and raise them up or go headbutt hunting in towns I still have a catch in and pray for a heracross
>>
>>45953156
Azalea has Heracross on the Headbutt tables in standard HG, don't know about the hack.
>>
>>45917161
I understand they’re used a lot for a reason but Pokémon like Gyarados, Crobat, Tentacruel, Magnezone, Golem, and Alakazam get so boring after awhile
>>
>>45953191
Do a generation run like some of the folks here and implement the Champ Clause, then. Any 'Mon line that makes it to the Hall of Fame in one game can't be used in subsequent runs. Like a multi-game Dupe Clause of sorts.
>>
>>45953206
I finished a Genlocke around this time last year and did that so I can say it was refreshing but still seeing Gyarados on every other Nuzlocke makes me wish the Old Rod had more than just Magikarp
>>
>>45953256
I can agree with that. It would be nice if the real games used some of Drayano's more common changes, like the Old Rod having at least a 10% chance of pulling a different species.
>>
>>45953191
Crobat is a straight up bro. Always favorite flying type for me. That said after Gen V I immediately box them because I've used them too much. Golem and Alakazam were new to me so still fresh desu. Tenta is my last ditch effort mon. I've used Gyara only once.
>>
>>45946290
fwiw silph co and saffron city are different met locations, so you could do both lapras and a hitmon
>>
Hey anon who posted difficulty list for romhacks. Are you still here? Were you ever going to provide clarity for some of your rankings?
>>
File: 1600459153396.gif (1.8 MB, 254x196)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB GIF
>>45953170
>aipom
Into the box with you.
>>
>>45953367
I used an Aipom+Golem Agility > Baton Bass > Rollout to sweep Lance in a Crystal Nuzlocke once. Good times
>>
alright I slapped Thunderbolt and Ice Beam on Dubloon the Lanturn and we got ourselves a pretty good store-brand Starmie here
>>
>>45953594
BoltBeam on a decent Special Attacker is all you need to win at Pokemon
>>
>>45953139
Breloom with mach punch should make quick work of the magneton and even the manectric depending of how much health it has left
>>
>>45953367
Doesnt it get skill link or Technician in Dray hacks?
>>
>Download Liquid Crystal
>Game bugs out when I try to get the starters.
Fun
>>
>>45953665
doesn't look like dray makes any changes to aipom/ambipom other than give them elemental punches, which i feel he falls back on a lot when he can't think of anything better
>>
>>45953851
No Iron Fist either?
>Dray falls back on the elemental punches
Dray also has a "haha every mon has coverage moves" tic.
>>
File: BugChad011.png (315 KB, 1456x861)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
The second string has been raised, and... man, they just don't measure up to the old gang in my mind.
A physical Poison type that can't learn Poison Jab in a pre-Fairy generation.
A not-quite-pseudo-Legendary with one of the worst combinations of Ability and gender for the next several boss fights.
A fucking Swanna.
And a Jellicent that has both her types covered already, whom I only raised because she's the only 'mon I had that could learn any Ice moves.

We'll see, folks, but this is gonna be a tough climb. Onward to Drayden...
>>
>>45953782
Fixed it

I got this dropbox full of pokémon hacks in /nuz/ fucking years ago and honestly, i dont even know whose dropbox this is. Nuzloren, was it you? kek
>>
File: Gotta get back.png (21 KB, 692x673)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>45921049
>>45921030
Introducing.....Jack the Oshawott! Along with my shitty MS Paint doodling
Will have another drawing of my party after every badge
>>
File: fug dis.png (40 KB, 638x960)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>45953876
WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING
Fucking Bianca, jeez. A Crunch from Stoutland and TWO critical, 2x Coil-boosted Leaf Blades from Serperior. There's only one of the old guard left, now.
>>
File: why live.png (58 KB, 640x959)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>45954022
God. I think this run is starting to come to a terrible close. Nice Sludge Bomb crit.
>>
>>45954095
You are getting fucked huh.
>>
>>45933621
Finally got my revenge on Roxie complete with Dragon Rage spam,Round 4 has failed pretty fast with my choice Machoke.This time it was Aggron,Dragonair or Swellow and I went with the dragon.

>>45953911
Cute
>>
>>45954337
Forgot pic,found a Lucky Egg in a trash can.This time around RNG seems to be in my favor.
>>
File: Part #4.png (304 KB, 1460x724)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
Beat Watson, and without a casualty!
...Well that's not totally true, we lost Tresdin while grinding. Sad about it, and it definitely was a misplay, but ultimately since I have two fighting types right now, it's not a huge loss. Probably best to save Makuhita for Emerald. Anyways, Lina and Mireska made pretty short work of the Gym and Watson. His Voltorb Self-Destructing was pretty spooky, but a quick switch out into Mireska was enough to set up Paralysis on his Magneton and to heal Lina.

>>45954095
>>45954022
Keep ya chin up Anon. You still have three pretty good encounters. I believe in ya
>>45953613
I have level cap rule where I can't go into a gym above the mean level cap of the leader. So I couldn't have Breloom for that fight. That said, a Combusken and even Shroomish to sink some Shock Waves was plenty enough.
>>
File: Desspressed.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>Found a shiny Poochyena
>Accidentally hit run instead of bag
>>
Black-running Anon here. Es ogro. Got distracted and forgot to heal going into a Gym Trainer fight and a Fraxure was able to boost and sweep. I had a bunch of people saying to run Platinum, so I'll do that next, with a few alterations via Randomizer.

Made it to Gym 8, but... man, Unova is a rough neighborhood.
>>
>>45953353
Thanks I didn't realize that
>>
Doing a run of Red/Blue...is there a list of which trainers use Self-Destruct/Explosion? I am scared.
>>
>>45947182
Two more Gyms down without much issue. Some random trainers did result in my first couple of big losses though
RIP Rob, he was an absolute beast but it turns out having Drought while being a Steel type was simply too ballsy for his own good. Some random Electabuzz Fire Blasted him in the face.
And RIP Birb, we hardly knew ye. A fucking Clefairy Thunderpunched him, and I STILL can't figure out what type that fucker is. Seems to resist everything I throw at it.

>>45947332
It's his enemies that should feel terror

>>45947216
>>45948368
Thanks anons
>>
>>45954709
any voltorb/electrode 21 and above, any koffing 40 and above, and any weezing 43 and above. regardless if it's a trainer or wild poke
>>
>>45954709
>>45954747
oh and any geodude 21 and up. and voltob/electrode is 22 and up. sorry
>>
Back at it with a slightly altered Platinum- impossible evolutions fixed and starters randomized.

Pick my starter for me: Hoppip, Cyndaquil, or Pichu?
>>
>>45949307
Norman Carnage report
It always happens but it never hurts any less
Maybe I should stop naming Wingulls thematically and they'll stop dying
Comic of the fight coming eventually
Also, completely forgot that I had Lump in the box until just now
>>
>>45954769
F
>>
>>45954756
Cyndaquil easily. Pichu is godawful and Hoppip is even worse. Yeah you have a disadvantage vs the first gym but you'd have that anyways

>>45954769
F. Props for carrying Swellow that far. Mine died to Flannery and her bullshit Torkoal.
>>
>>45955014
Fuck, that just made me realize I forgot to fix the name on my Swellow when I moved her to Prisone's spot, it should say Cassie. Aaaand that makes me realize there's no gender mark on Millie. Gonna have to fix that on the next update
But to the original point, at least in my OR run, I carried Swellow all the way to the Elite 4.
Though, to be fair, this one's only on my team right now because it fills the "flying" part of the type-lock. I'll probably put Mirror B there if I can keep Millie alive long enough to evolve.
>>
>>45955092
>But to the original point, at least in my OR run, I carried Swellow all the way to the Elite 4
Nice. I wish I could've done the same, since I carried Fearow to glory in my Leafgreen run.

Also I had a Beautifly of my own in Sapphire I carried to Tate and Liza but it got ganged up on and died. One day I'll carry the regional bug to glory

And as for dropping Swellow for Mirror B....yeah I hate to say it, but that's easily the best option, especially since you're really gonna need it for Wallace
>>
>>45955120
Carrying a regional bug to the champion is a noble cause, anon. Good luck
Hopefully Millie pans out, I really don't want to get to the late game and not have a flyer once I switch Swellow out.
>>
Are they no guaranteed encounter in Black Black/Volt White 2 besides before the first gym? On challenge mode, it feels like you just don't beat Cheren if your encounters are bad.
>>
>>45955218
You're playing a difficult romhack on Challenge Mode and Nuzlocking it. Maybe accept that some luck is going to be involved there, mate.
>>
Is it a nuzlock if you don't kill an opposing opponent???
>>
>>45955237
Nigga what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>45955249
If an opposing opponent isn't die, is it nuzlocke?
>>
>>45955281
Jesus Christ, ESL-kun. I'm gonna try to parse the curry-dribble you're spilling onto this thread right now. The Nuzlocke rules are applied to YOU. It's not some mod or anything. You don't kill the opposing Pokemon normally, so you don't kill them in a Nuzlocke.
>>
>>45955288
I can were understood.
>>
Are randomizer nuzlocks fun or bullshit?
>>
File: 121.png (194 KB, 475x475)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
Why is Starmie considered so much shittier in gold compared to red version?
>>
>>45955624
Probably because you can't even fucking evolve Staryu until Kanto.
>>
>>45955571
mostly bullshit, but if you like bullshit it's peak bullshit
>>
>>45955571
Both.

It makes for some crazy moments, and some absolute bullshit you could never have foreseen (like me losing Marty the Sudowoodo to a Destiny Bond from nowhere), but it's so fun because it's so unpredictable. I'm doing a run right now and having a blast.
>>
>>45955761
Shit I posted the wrong pic.

I've had many deaths between then and now, and mostly because of bullshit.
>>
>>45955745
>>45955761
Are moves and stats always random?
>>
>>45955779
using the universal randomizer you can customize quite a bit, and can pick and choose what you randomize. some just randomize starters. others randomize just encounter tables. others randomize everything. do what you want
>>
>>45955779
You can randomize as much or as little as you like. Personally, I randomized wild pokemon, trainer pokemon, and pokemon moves. But you can randomize types and I believe stats as well, which is a bridge too far for me.
>>
>>45955624
You can't get a water stone until the postgame.
At least in Crystal, you can get it from a random phone call from a fisherman.
>>
File: vBjcu0.png (313 KB, 4972x1924)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
First Nuzlocke attempt. Trying to decide if I should do red version, but then I have to use Bulbasaur instead of Charmander (It has come to my attention that fire types or at least Charizard and Arcanine suck in gen 1) or gold version where I can use based Cyndaquil.
How do emulators handle the gold version clock mechanic?
>>
>>45955230
I get that. I'm more so asking if there are more than just 3 encounters before Cheren. This is already hard, and I don't want to unknowingly be hampering myself.
>>
>>45955787
>>45955786
I see. That's good. I didn't want moves and stats to be random. Seems like it would take away too much strategy.
>>
>>45955672
no psychic til kanto too iirc
>>
>>45945708
How do you evolve them then?
>>
>>45956118
Level up. I think 36 or something.
>>
the number of areas and routes with similar catches makes dupes very abusable in hgss, geez. well, i have a chansey now

how does sacred gold and storm silver stack up to renegade platinum in difficulty? and should i wait for v2?
>>
>>45956133
>how does sacred gold and storm silver stack up to renegade platinum in difficulty?
Roughly equivalent, depending on where in the game you are. To my recollection, it's a bit of a smoother difficulty curve. If you can get past Falkner, you've got a good chance the rest of the way. No crazy spikes like Fantina.
>>
Torn whether to do a randomizer leaf green or normal leaf green for my first nuzlocks. I know the game very well so it might not be challenging. But randomizer might really trigger my tism. Sad.
>>
>>45956155
Why not do a minor randomization? For someone just looking for a bit of a fresh take, I'd suggest going with fixing impossible evolutions and Area 1-to-1 Mapping at Similar Strength while limiting available Pokemon to Gen 1 only. So what you end up getting is a nice, normal run of LeafGreen where you can evolve the trade evos and get a whole new set of encounter tables that are still roughly balanced for where in the game they should be. It won't alter trainer or boss Pokemon at all, nor any of the Pokemons' stats.
>>
>>45956175
That sounds really nice actually. I think I'll try doing that.
>>
File: BugLad001.png (184 KB, 1200x900)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
Seems the thread is on auto-sage. Well, we've started Platinum auspiciously enough. 4th gen hurls buckets of encounters at you from the start, so I was able to get a Psyduck that swept through Roark. Won't be keeping her, though, sorry Shuba. This little gang of four is pretty great right now!
>>
File: FireRed RANDOM_01.png (10 KB, 480x318)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>45954713
Holy shit Blaine caught me off guard
Normally Pokemon keep their typing on evolution, but split-evos will change randomly sometimes. So even though I had Poliwag noted down as Dark, Poliwrath seems to be Ground/Fighting. Earthquakes and Focus Punches galore :(
>>
>>45956329
>losing SMASH

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFFF
FFF
>>
Run ended with a full party wipe against Ariana's Vileplume. Whoever told me grass types would fuck me up was right, I had literally no answer. Should have dumped all my cash on game corner tokens and bought Ice Beam.

Need to cool down on gen4 for now, so I'll have a go at BlazeBlack next, I think. Suggestions for an alternate starter? Prefer something with evolutionary stages that won't break the early game.
>>
>>45956338
In keeping with Unova mons, how about a choice of Sewaddle, Litwick, and Tympole? Three stages with Grass, Fire, Water.
>>
>>45956338
Zorua, Elgyem, and Meinfoo
They even have a nice little type triangle.
>>
>>45956415
When he asked for evolutionary stages, I don't think he meant level 42 and level 50.
>>
>>45956434
Holy shit. I forgot how late Unova mons evolved.
>>
>>45955772
>spend the last hour training up my Tauros to be on par with the rest of the team
>take him into Mossdeep Gym
>Horn Drill'd by a Charmeleon the same level as him

The randomizer, she is a cruel mistress.
>>
>>45956486
OHKO moves are a heartbreaker, man.
>>
Bros getting into these nuzlock challenges is pretty exciting.
>>
>>45956486
Oh JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Tate and Liza have a Mewtwo and it's anally raping me

He had Leaf Blade which one-shot Milhouse, Icicle Spear which hit 4 times and killed Shenron, and then Exploud got a crit Octazooka that killed Henrietta. I am so fucked now, they used a hyper potion too and neither of their pokemon are dead.
>>
>>45956520
They're surprisingly addictive. I haven't had this much fun playing Pokemon in a while. I think after my Platinum attempt, I'll try one of these generation runs folks have been doing.
>>
>>45956531
Randomizer giveth, Randomizer taketh away
>>
File: the final hope.png (52 KB, 961x635)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>45956531
Mewtwo is down, but took Baller beforehand. Can Motorboat kill 3 pokemon on his own? Fuck.
>>
File: rip run.png (35 KB, 961x635)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>45956544
No. No he cannot.

Fuuuuck.
>>
>>45956544
Sending my energy
>>
>>45956555
The saddest trips of all. What's the next run, boss?
>>
File: 1285499445011.png (74 KB, 438x318)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>45956561
Gonna need some time. I was so deep in that run, and really attached to that team. I can't believe it all came crashing down so fast.

I even said to myself, having multiple pokemon with a 4x weakness in a randomizer run is probably a terrible idea. But I did it anyway, and here we are.
>>
>>45956579
I feel you. In my Black run, I went from a sweaty struggle to finally having a team coalesce around me, and taking those boys far, to finally having it all crumble apart at the end. Absolutely crushing.
>>
Ive never nuzlocked but have extensive knowledge of the pokemon games. What should i start as my first

Hacks are fine too
>>
>>45956591
Whichever you're most interested in, honestly. RSE is the classic starting point, just out of tradition, but there's not a game that's really better or worse for Nuzlocking.
>>
>>45956591
Emerald, Platinum and BW1/2 can trip you up even if you know them well honestly
>>
>>45947873
Thanks for the tip amigo
>>
File: BugLad002.png (274 KB, 1200x897)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
Looks like we're on our way to the next thread soon! Probably my last update for this one, then: Post-Gardenia, and my team was pretty much custom-built for it. Just in case, though, I grinded up to her ace's level. No more chances. I'm keeping my kids safe.

Nero in the box there is truly dead weight. As a L14 Silcoon, it would take like ten fucking levels for a Beautifly evolving from him to get an attacking move.
>>
>>45956861
>X-Special-boosted Confusion crit
haha what a story
>>
>>45955890
>How do emulators handle the gold version clock mechanic?
They usually sync it with your PC's clock
>>
>>45956947
Nah, the GB/GBA ones have you set the clock at the beginning, and then time runs as it would normally. If you speed the game up, time speeds up, too. The DS ones sync to your computer clock, though.
>>
>>45956891
I've learned to avoid that Galactic guy in my Nuzlockes lol
>>
>>45956958
I'm a little upset that he's such a piece of shit that experienced players know to just dodge him.
>>
You know, given that I'm currently raising one, you'd think I'd have remembered that a L20 Geodude has Self-Destruct.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.